PDA

View Full Version : Elays great position here.. is what Manning wants there

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Manning is being offered a FO job at Tennesee when football is done..

I think his trip here with Elway probably made him WANT that job.

So in essence.. the GREAT showing Elway made here...
probably convinced Manning to play there..
so that he can end up with the same sweet deal John has, once his playing days are over.

It is also rumoured that Titans are offering him and his Dad the right to buy into ownership of the team.

I would be SHOCKED if Peyton does not sign with Titans who have offered him the Moon.

TimHippo
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Manning is being offered a FO job at Tennesee when football is done..

I think his trip here with Elway probably made him WANT that job.

So in essence.. the GREAT showing Elway made here...
probably convinced Manning to play there..
so that he can end up with the same sweet deal John has, once his playing days are over.

It is also rumoured that Titans are offering him and his Dad the right to buy into ownership of the team.

I would be SHOCKED if Peyton does not sign with Titans who have offered him the Moon.

I think the other problem he sees when he had some time to think about it is that this is Elway's team, and he's the type of guy who wants to have his own team (be the face of the franchise). He will always have to share the spotlight with Elway here.

Also there's little Manning going to gain from Elway since he's already a HOFer himself in terms of tips on how to play the game.

GEM
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't know why this is even a factor....after he is retired, he'll be back within the Colts organization, most likely doing exactly what Elway is doing.

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
I see a report/rumour that Peyton has submitted to a DR's physical for Titans....

I have no link... just saw it posted somwhere else.

Yeah....
like an old western...

Peyton and Elway squaring off in the street..

"This town aint big enough for the both if us".....

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Manning will be a Titan.

Thnikkaman
Its going to be great if he finally shits and gets off of the pot. I've been holding this log in for days.

PAINTERDAVE
I don't know why this is even a factor....after he is retired, he'll be back within the Colts organization, most likely doing exactly what Elway is doing.

Not if he is doing it in Tennesee..... After kicking the crap out of the Colts for the next 2 years

SOCALORADO.
I dont see it.
Peyton can just retire wherever, and then 29 teams will be begging him to do exactly what Elway does in DEN for that team.

Northman
03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Im currently throwing darts at random teams that Peyton will be a part of. My crystal ball is broke.

Cugel
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM

He can go to practically any team in the league and get a job as an assistant coach if he wants.

If he wants to be a GM he can probably get a football scout guy to assist him with the player evaluations and do that. If he wants to be "football president" how can that work out? How long after Bud Adams is dead will Peyton keep that job if the new owner doesn't want him in that position? (Remember Shanahan's "lifetime contract"?)

If he wants to be an owner, he's going to have to come up with $1.2 BILLION. A bit more than even Manning can get together.

All in all, he doesn't need Bud Adams' help for anything after his career. He may find that Adams money offer can't be matched by the Broncos though, and he might go for that.

Adam Schefter says that money is the deciding factor. And an 89 year old oil billionaire simply has more of it. Adams doesn't have time to wait for Locker and Hasslebeck to lead his team to the playoffs. He needs to win it all THIS year or NEXT year before the ******* CROAKS!

Who cares what debts he saddles the team with long-term or what their future is 4 or 5 years from now when Locker might be starring for another team? He'll be dead!

dogfish
03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
I dont see it.
Peyton can just retire wherever, and then 29 teams will be begging him to do exactly what Elway does in DEN for that team.

yea, but are those teams as awesome as the tennessee titans?

*farts*

slim
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
yea, but are those teams as awesome as the tennessee titans?

*farts*

Only TEN has a batshit crazy owner....so there is that.

Mike
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM

For how much longer though?

GEM
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Not if he is doing it in Tennesee..... After kicking the crap out of the Colts for the next 2 years

Colts and Manning parted on good terms. Make no mistake, when he retires and goes into the HOF it isn't going to be as a Titan. They already said in the exit interview the plan is to have Manning in the front office.

GEM
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
At this point...I really don't a flying **** where he lands. If he don't land here, we ****** ourselves out of some good FA's. More reason to hate the inbred looking sob....besides the obvious stomping our ******* asses every year in the playoffs during that run of theirs.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't think Tennessee lets Manning get out of there without a contract.

I also don't blame Manning for not simply making a fast decision, no matter how much the fans want him to. Its a life-changing situation, and a guy like Peyton will think everything through.

At least we can feel comfortable that the Broncos didn't get into a bidding war.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
At this point...I really don't a flying **** where he lands. If he don't land here, we ****** ourselves out of some good FA's. More reason to hate the inbred looking sob....besides the obvious stomping our ******* asses every year in the playoffs during that run of theirs.

I don't think Manning has had a single thing to do with our FA approach. Every year people complain that we didn't jump in on the first 2 days and sign the big names. We didn't screw ourselves out of FAs because of Peyton.

Grover
03-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Wait.......I thought DEN was the only team with that.

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Is Elays spanish slang talk for Los Angelos??? Like LA's in great position for a new stadium???

Eh holmes Elays gonna build a new vivas for tha raiders.

Krugan
03-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Is Elays spanish slang talk for Los Angelos??? Like LA's in great position for a new stadium???

Eh holmes Elays gonna build a new vivas for tha raiders.

Thinks it intrawebs s3x lingo, like for $20 dollars and a bottle of lotion you can get Elay'ed

wayninja
03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't think Manning has had a single thing to do with our FA approach. Every year people complain that we didn't jump in on the first 2 days and sign the big names. We didn't screw ourselves out of FAs because of Peyton.

I don't understand. You are saying we are doing the same thing that we do every year?

vandammage13
03-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I think the other problem he sees when he had some time to think about it is that this is Elway's team, and he's the type of guy who wants to have his own team (be the face of the franchise). He will always have to share the spotlight with Elway here.

Tebow too...:couch:

GEM
03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I didn't expect any huge signings, but it did hamper what we were able to do simply by playing the waiting game. To just guess that because we never did anything before, we would not have now is just silly. We have $50 million...of which we had to go to the league and state that we were moving about $24 million from last year to this year. If we didn't expect to spend it, they wouldn't have done that. Either way...the waiting game did hamper our abilities. The first 2 days we couldn't do anything because we were waiting on possibly signing someone that would have ate a big chunk of that money. You sign a couple other guys and you don't have the money for the guy you were waiting for, takes you out of the equation if it becomes a bidding war.

To say it didn't affect us...rather silly.

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I heard there were like over 400 free agents this year.

That diminishes their respective value... high supply - less demand among 32 teams
I can only hope that we are gonna find a few diamonds in the rough for a good price
now that the initial splash of the big names subsides.

I expect we will sign a few more of ours as well... once they test the waters and find no one wants to pay big bucks.

Eddie Royal was a fool to pass up that 12 million Redskins offered.. I think they dont want him any more.
While he dithered, waiting for Manning to decide.. he lost out. Bet he ends up signing somewhere for about 2 million a year.

Northman
03-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Eddie Royal was a fool to pass up that 12 million Redskins offered.. I think they dont want him any more.
While he dithered, waiting for Manning to decide.. he lost out. Bet he ends up signing somewhere for about 2 million a year.

Financially it didnt make sense to pass it up but maybe it isnt all about money for him. If i were a wideout i would much rather catch passes from Rivers than an unproven like RGIII or any of the scrubs they have on that team.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I didn't expect any huge signings, but it did hamper what we were able to do simply by playing the waiting game. To just guess that because we never did anything before, we would not have now is just silly. We have $50 million...of which we had to go to the league and state that we were moving about $24 million from last year to this year. If we didn't expect to spend it, they wouldn't have done that. Either way...the waiting game did hamper our abilities. The first 2 days we couldn't do anything because we were waiting on possibly signing someone that would have ate a big chunk of that money. You sign a couple other guys and you don't have the money for the guy you were waiting for, takes you out of the equation if it becomes a bidding war.

To say it didn't affect us...rather silly.

So you think the team is just sitting on their hands, not knowing what they will do, waiting on Manning? Why would you think that? The only evidence you have of this is that we haven't signed a big name. Thats silly. To think that we are "playing the waiting game" with pure speculation its because no signatures have been added to contracts, isn't looking at the proven history of this team avoiding the big name FA that hit the first day. I'm glad we aren't signing 60 million dollar signing bonuses. What did signing a ton of big names do for the Eagles last year?

I think its silly to think that we know more of whats going on as if the FO doesn't have the intelligence to see what you feel you see. But hey, to which their own.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 03:01 PM

No, Bowlen has memory issues and a medical condition to support it, he can be eccentric like Jerry Jones at times as well, I would say the 'bat shit' crazies would be Irsay and Adams, Davis was up there too (RIP).

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 03:01 PM

Maybe. Or maybe the Redskins contract wasn't as simple as you ar making it out to be. I dunno.

slim
03-15-2012, 03:04 PM

There is nothing crazy about being drunk.

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Elway: Mr. Manning we would love to have you here in Denver as our QB.

Manning: Hey John, well to be frank I just want your job when my football career as a QB is over.

Elway: *crickets* *crickets* *crickets* Yeah...well uh, we are committed to Tim Tebow as the starter going into training camp.