Thanks for the link!

Intersting take.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Mike Mayock said "Denver was crazy to trade Jay Cutler". I agree :coffee:

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Mike Mayock said "Denver was crazy to trade Jay Cutler". I agree :coffee:

I haven't yet heard that on this interview with Shannon Sharpe.

slim
04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Interesting comments by Schef...he thinks Orton is the guy they wanted and targeted him.

I can see him doing well in McD's system.

Buff
04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Good hearing from Schefter, did they ever sort out his contract at NFLN?

He's got a good point in that the Broncos could have probably had Jason Campbell and two number one's but ultimately chose this deal instead. Which I'm thankful for... I don't love Orton, but I'd prefer him to Campbell in this system.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I haven't yet heard that on this interview with Shannon Sharpe.

No, it was on NFL Network.....a more credible panel of analysts :coffee:

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 08:02 PM
No, it was on NFL Network.....a more credible panel of analysts :coffee:

lol

This is about Shannon Sharpe and Adam Schefter's comments. Listen to the clip.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 08:03 PM
lol

This is about Shannon Sharpe and Adam Schefter's comments. Listen to the clip.

I know. Just thought I'd throw it out since we were on the topic of what other analysts say :D

Thnikkaman
04-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Good hearing from Schefter, did they ever sort out his contract at NFLN?

He's got a good point in that the Broncos could have probably had Jason Campbell and two number one's but ultimately chose this deal instead. Which I'm thankful for... I don't love Orton, but I'd prefer him to Campbell in this system.

Orton is kind of a safe choice. Kind of like keeping a leash on Plummer.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
http://www.850koa.com/pages/breaking.html?feed=124975&article=5256787

Also, Adam Schefter's comments

Thoroughly disgusting.......

elsid13
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
They wanted Orton all along. WTF? That the grand plan. **** that plan

Simple Jaded
04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
They wanted Orton all along. WTF? That the grand plan. **** that plan

Kyle Orton is cheap, a system QB, my guess is the other teams were mistaken when they made offers thinking the Broncos might actually be looking for value in return.......

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Kyle Orton is cheap, a system QB, my guess is the other teams were mistaken when they made offers thinking the Broncos might actually be looking for value in return.......

Shit, who knows what ridiculous shit the Redskins were prepared to throw at us. I know it'd be more than what we got from the Bears.

Buff
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Shit, who knows what ridiculous shit the Redskins were prepared to throw at us. I know it'd be more than what we got from the Bears.

C'mon man... Like I told shank earlier, let's think rationally about this... Do you honestly think Xanders, McD and Bowlen would be so incompetent as to jump the gun and make a trade of this magnitude before hearing all the offers?

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM

you know this? can I borrow your pass to the Redskins head office next Wednesday?

elsid13
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
C'mon man... Like I told shank earlier, let's think rationally about this... Do you honestly think Xanders, McD and Bowlen would be so incompetent as to jump the gun and make a trade of this magnitude before hearing all the offers were on the table?

Yes I do. I think Bowlen wanted Cutler gone and was willing to take the first good offer that came along.

claymore
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Interesting comments by Schef...he thinks Orton is the guy they wanted and targeted him.

I can see him doing well in McD's system.

This sounds crazy, but I really agree. If this is because of his days at purdue, and the system there, then.......... Gosh damn, I am Impressed.

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
This sounds crazy, but I really agree. If this is because of his days at purdue, and the system there, then.......... Gosh damn, I am Impressed.

really? I'm shocked, clay

Simple Jaded
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
C'mon man... Like I told shank earlier, let's think rationally about this... Do you honestly think Xanders, McD and Bowlen would be so incompetent as to jump the gun and make a trade of this magnitude before hearing all the offers?

Probably, we do know that they are stupid enough to pass up better offers if Doogie wants "His guy", the fact that they'd trade Cutler for Cassell in the first place proves this.......

slim
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM

I don't remember what system they run at Purdue. But I guess it was some kind of spread offense :noidea:

elsid13
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't remember what system they run at Purdue. But I guess it was some kind of spread offense :noidea:

It is spread that emphasis the short passing game and little to no running. Say good bye to PA.

Buff
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes I do. I think Bowlen wanted Cutler gone and was willing to take the first good offer that came along.

Of course he wanted him gone. But there isn't a chance in the world Daniel Snyder would have let the Broncos make a trade without putting all of his cards on the table first.

Probably, we do know that they are stupid enough to pass up better offers if Doogie wants "His guy", the fact that they'd trade Cutler for Cassell in the first place proves this.......

Agree to disagree.

claymore
04-02-2009, 09:35 PM
really? I'm shocked, clay

Dude, I loved Cutler before he got here, I loved him while he was here. I wish him the best, but Ortons the man unless there is some behind the scenes shit for sanachez.

BTW there were 2 teams not at Sanchez's Pro day. Broncos, and Chiefs.......

Man I dont want a USC QB but it makes you wonder.

Orton on the other hand I can get behind right away, he is hungry, ran a very similar system at purdue........ Etc...

elsid13
04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Of course he wanted him gone. But there isn't a chance in the world Daniel Snyder would have let the Broncos make a trade without putting all of his cards on the table first.

Agree to disagree.

It sound like Danny Boy was still assembling all his cards before he could get his offer on the table. If they had waited a week we would have gotten a better offer.

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Dude, I loved Cutler before he got here, I loved him while he was here. I wish him the best, but Ortons the man unless there is some behind the scenes shit for sanachez.

BTW there were 2 teams not at Sanchez's Pro day. Broncos, and Chiefs.......

Man I dont want a USC QB but it makes you wonder.

Orton on the other hand I can get behind right away, he is hungry, ran a very similar system at purdue........ Etc...

I agree

slim
04-02-2009, 09:39 PM
It is spread that emphasis the short passing game and little to no running. Say good bye to PA.

Are you talking about Tiller's offense or McD?

claymore
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
It sound like Danny Boy was still assembling all his cards before he could get his offer on the table. If they had waited a week we would have gotten a better offer.

It makes sense in the end. Chicago drafts QB's like we do cornerbacks. i hope Cutler comes out of this thing ok. Like living a long fruitful life etc...

I think Chicago was cursed.

elsid13
04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Are you talking about Tiller's offense or McD?

Tillers. Right now we don't know anything about McDick's. It could look like the spread attack the Pats used or it could back to the two TE set that used a couple of year ago.

hamrob
04-02-2009, 10:00 PM
We got robbed. Lots of talk about us trading our 12 & 18 to get Sanchez. Think about that? That means...essentially...we traded:

Jay Cutler
5th rounder

For

Sanchez
Orton
3rd rounder

Can anyone please tell me...how we got the better end of that deal

Plus...we get no Defensive help! The #1 we get from the bears next year....won't even be equivalent to our own #12 this year that we'll have to give up to get Sanchez.

Please explain!

omac
04-02-2009, 10:01 PM

This is purely speculation, but I think the Redskins had a better defense and team in place than the Bears, and it would look real bad for our FO if Cutler and the Redskins enjoyed a lot of success this coming season. Trading him to the Bears, who are devoid of a decent #1 and #2 WR, and who's usually decent defense has faltered in some games last season would probably lessen that chance.

Then again, maybe the Redskins just couldn't trade Campbell for a #2 pick to package, or McDaniels really wanted a QB he could use, and that's Orton.

weazel
04-02-2009, 10:02 PM
We got robbed. Lots of talk about us trading our 12 & 18 to get Sanchez. Think about that? That means...essentially...we traded:

Jay Cutler
5th rounder

For

Sanchez
Orton
3rd rounder

Plus...we get no Defensive help! The #1 we get from the bears next year....won't even be equivalent to our own #12 this year.

Please explain!

now your complaining about a trade that you made up in your head? this is getting funnier by the post. :laugh:

slim
04-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Jay Cutler
5th rounder

For

Sanchez
Orton
3rd rounder

Plus...we get no Defensive help! The #1 we get from the bears next year....won't even be equivalent to our own #12 this year that we'll have to give up to get Sanchez.

Please explain!

We should probably wait until the picks are actually made before complaining about them. JMO.

omac
04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
http://www.850koa.com/pages/breaking.html?feed=124975&article=5256787

Also, Adam Schefter's comments

Sharp and entertaining commentary. Thanks Carol. :salute:

Denver27og
04-02-2009, 10:31 PM
sharpe probably knows more about the broncos and football than anyone on this forum... he thinks mcdick dropped the ball and the broncos were stupid... yea its true.. keep telling yourselves whatever makes u feel better.. mcdick and bowlen screwed over the fans and the city of denver

omac
04-02-2009, 11:38 PM
sharpe probably knows more about the broncos and football than anyone on this forum... he thinks mcdick dropped the ball and the broncos were stupid... yea its true.. keep telling yourselves whatever makes u feel better.. mcdick and bowlen screwed over the fans and the city of denver

I agree that Sharpe knows the NFL more than any of us could dream. He was one of the best ever at his position, he's also been the subject of trade talks in his career, and he's was a team player. His opinions have a lot of weight.

Let's give McDaniels a fair chance, though. Despite this turmoil, he could turn out pretty good.

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:52 PM

Jay Cutler
5th rounder

For

Sanchez
Orton
3rd rounder

Please explain!

Wont happen. That was one reason why Denver didnt deal with the lions. They didnt want the number one pick and the pricetag.