PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Broncos vs. 2009 Broncos

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Okay, the point of every offseason is to improve your team, let's see if we've done that.

Offense:
-Lost Jay Cutler. There is no QB that we can attain in the next 3 years that is going to make our offense as good as they were this year. Period.

So our offense will probably be middle of the pack this year.

Defense:
-Got Dawkins. Good pickup. Other than that, we've downgraded (hard to believe) at every position we cut. Hill is worse than Manuel. And Goodman is worse than Bly. We have only one linebacker that is worth starting and zero d-lineman worth starting.

All in all, our defense has 3 legitimate starters. Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, and Brian Dawkins.

They will probably rank in the bottom 3.

With an average to below average offense (no good running game and no QB) and one of the worse defenses in football with a spotty Special Teams. Broncos would be lucky to win 3 games this season...it's unfortunate, but it's a fact. Cutler gave us a chance last year. We dropped him and we got worse on defense (yea, it's possible.)

So, we are officially the KC Chiefs of last season. We are in rebuilding mode. We have draft picks, but we have needs at every position other than O-line. Now, how much longer are Marshall and Royal going to be around? These picks in the next two years might give us 5-7 worthy starters (being optimistic.) Even so, we are now much further away than our draft picks will get us. We are looking probably at a a 2-14/3-13 season with .500 seasons ahead of us the next 6-10 years.

This is coming from the guy who has always worn orange and blue glasses.

Broncospsycho77
04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Talk to me after the Draft. It's hardly over.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm glad somebody understands that we will NOT be a better team getting rid of Cutler.

atwater27
04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
We are ******. Stupid move by a stupid coach and a burnt out, has been owner.

ambiguous
04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Unfortunate, but probably true. This is a sad day for a once great franchise.

skycoyote
04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
What I want to know is how did McDaniels even get a coaching job.

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
I think he and Bill Bell hate Denver so much, they secretly planned for him to get the job so he could screw over the Broncos franchise for the next 10 years

Italianmobstr7
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
On NFL live Dilfer said he sees us going 8-8 or 9-7. Schlereth said 5-11 or 6-10.

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm pissed, but I'm also standing in awe.

For years our organization has been one of the most professional in the entire league. About a month after Shanahan leaves and the whole thing implodes like a grenade going off under a house of cards.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 07:07 PM

For years our organization has been one of the most professional in the entire league. About a month after Shanahan leaves and the whole thing implodes like a grenade going off under a house of cards.

did you read McDipShit's book? (Look at my signature)

Broncospsycho77
04-02-2009, 07:08 PM

That's what I'm most pissed about. The entire organization lost a ton of respect. Pat Bowlen will never be looked at the same after this fiasco for sure.

And it sucks. I like being a fan of one of the classiest organizations in football. I like that non-rival opponents still held our organization in high regard. I can plainly say that this reputation is long gone.

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
That's what I'm most pissed about. The entire organization lost a ton of respect. Pat Bowlen will never be looked at the same after this fiasco for sure.

And it sucks. I like being a fan of one of the classiest organizations in football. I like that non-rival opponents still held our organization in high regard. I can plainly say that this reputation is long gone.

Pat Bowlen may have lost it, I dunno.

The way he ended the Shanahan era it really seemed like he was taking hold, instead he just handed the reins right away to a rookie coach and, it seems, largely stood in the background while the team melted right the **** in front of him.

shank
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM

i feel the same way, but i'm also trying to remain optimistic. i hope when all the dust settles people remember this as a genius move where we got rid of a disgruntled player and went on to use what we got in return to gain great success. i supported jay, but now that there is resolution, i hope that THE BRONCOS come out on top. in no way do i wish for McD to fail, because of what that entails.

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
On NFL live Dilfer said he sees us going 8-8 or 9-7. Schlereth said 5-11 or 6-10.

Dilfer is an idiot. How could we have a better record than last year with our team being so much worse and our schedule getting that much harder? What was his reasoning?

Italianmobstr7
04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Dilfer is an idiot. How could we have a better record than last year with our team being so much worse and our schedule getting that much harder? What was his reasoning?

Our team didn't get worse... At least nothing is guaranteed yet. The draft is still upcoming. He said that McDaniels knows how to run a football team, and he'll have his system implemented and working well no matter who the QB is. Also said the D will see some major improvement after the draft.

Denver has LB's that can make plays. Still have DJ, still have Boss, added Andra Davis, may add another through the draft. Still have Woodyard too who played well last year. We have a defensive backfield that can make plays. We got B-Dawk. We still have Champ. We lost Bly, who wasn't what he was cracked up to be anyways. We did add Andre Goodman though, who isn't bad. The only position on our team that has gotten worse this offseason is QB. If McD can make Cassel into a star, he sure as hell can do it with Kyle Orton, Mark Sanchez, or Chris Simms. I don't know if Denver will be in the playoffs this year, but it wouldn't surprise me. Also wouldn't surprise me to see us go 6-10 though. I think we'll get a few studs in the draft and a few years from now, this trade will have worked out well for both teams.

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Denver has LB's that can make plays. Still have DJ, still have Boss, added Andra Davis, may add another through the draft. Still have Woodyard too who played well last year.

DJ is good. Boss sucks. Andra Davis sucks. Woodyard would compete with Boss, but isn't fit for OLB in a 3-4 scheme. We really only have one real linebacker that can play. And that's DJ. Our linebacking situation is worse than last year.

We have a defensive backfield that can make plays. We got B-Dawk. We still have Champ. We lost Bly, who wasn't what he was cracked up to be anyways. We did add Andre Goodman though, who isn't bad.

B-Dawk was a good addition, I'll give you that. Bly is far better than Goodman. Goodman is terrible! And Hill is worse. We only have 2 DB's that are good. And both are a year older. Our secondary is no better than it was last year.

The only position on our team that has gotten worse this offseason is QB. If McD can make Cassel into a star, he sure as hell can do it with Kyle Orton, Mark Sanchez, or Chris Simms.

You missed D-Line too. We don't have a single guy that should be starting on the D-line (except the nose tackle we got in FA, he's not good, but he'll service.) But our d-line and our linebackers are worse off and our secondary is about the same.

Okay, on to the QB. Cassel played well last year. Kyle has always sucked. Simms has always sucked.

Sanchez I think will be good in a few years, but not next year. I think we have to do whatever we can to get him though.

It does not look promising...

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
DJ is good. Boss sucks. Andra Davis sucks. Woodyard would compete with Boss, but isn't fit for OLB in a 3-4 scheme. We really only have one real linebacker that can play. And that's DJ. Our linebacking situation is worse than last year.

B-Dawk was a good addition, I'll give you that. Bly is far better than Goodman. Goodman is terrible! And Hill is worse. We only have 2 DB's that are good. And both are a year older. Our secondary is no better than it was last year.

You missed D-Line too. We don't have a single guy that should be starting on the D-line (except the nose tackle we got in FA, he's not good, but he'll service.) But our d-line and our linebackers are worse off and our secondary is about the same.

Okay, on to the QB. Cassel played well last year. Kyle has always sucked. Simms has always sucked.

Sanchez I think will be good in a few years, but not next year. I think we have to do whatever we can to get him though.

It does not look promising...

came here to post this :salute: