PDA

View Full Version : Mario or Peyton?

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Id have to say Mario. Hes younger, and coming into his prime.

Put him with Ayers, Doom and Von, and our defense would be Peyton Pasters.

Let TIMMY TURBO get back under center now that hes a little P.O.ed at Peyton for meddlin, and viola!

Draft Weeden, or Russell in round two, get another killer defensive player and some speed over the top.

BANG IT BOWLEN!!!!!!

BRING HER HOME!!!!

We could call our defense: SUPER MARIO VON DOOM!!!

..........or maybe not.:coffee:

dogfish
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
quit dreaming and let's get a realistic discussion going. . .

jason hunter, or josh johnson?

the only mario we'll be getting is if they decide to shell out and re-sign mario haggan. . . :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 11:49 PM
quit dreaming and let's get a realistic discussion going. . .

jason hunter, or josh johnson?

the only mario we'll be getting is if they decide to shell out and re-sign mario haggan. . . :coffee:

Nope..........we have to spend.......and spend we will.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
I have to go with Manning, we have capable defensive ends...capable quarterbacks is another question entirely.

dogfish
03-15-2012, 01:37 AM
cane, i'm waiting for you to weigh in on jason hunter vs. josh johnson. . . :coffee:

wayninja
03-15-2012, 01:52 AM
If you'd of asked me a week ago, I would have said Mario. Now I don't see any way out of the mess we are in without getting PM.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 03:48 AM
cane, i'm waiting for you to weigh in on jason hunter vs. josh johnson. . . :coffee:

I'll go with Jason Hunter in that debate.

claymore
03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
If you'd of asked me a week ago, I would have said Mario. Now I don't see any way out of the mess we are in without getting PM.

What mess?

Northman
03-15-2012, 07:13 AM
We were ok defensively last year while still being young. Offensively we were just offensive and Manning would be an instant upgrade while our secondary would still need work. So at this point while i like both players i would choose Manning because the offense would instantly be better while the defense would still have some issues because of youth and has more holes in it.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 09:59 AM
What mess?

I love it when you play coy.

weazel
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Mario is signing with Buffalo.

claymore
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
I love it when you play coy.

I have no idea what your talking about.

weazel
03-15-2012, 10:02 AM

If Tebow is bent out of shape about this then he's not half as mature as I thought he was. I personally dont think he will be negative at all, he knows its a business.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I have no idea what your talking about.

There it is again. Lovin' it.

claymore
03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
We were ok defensively last year while still being young. Offensively we were just offensive and Manning would be an instant upgrade while our secondary would still need work. So at this point while i like both players i would choose Manning because the offense would instantly be better while the defense would still have some issues because of youth and has more holes in it.
I dont see why we couldnt do both. But... We have more pass rushers than we have QB's though. IMO QB is a greater need if we have to choose between the 2.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Mario would be sweet.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
If Tebow is bent out of shape about this then he's not half as mature as I thought he was. I personally dont think he will be negative at all, he knows its a business.

Yeah, the constant disrespect is probably good for a young QB.

Not to mention the hostage situation we are in with Manning taking his sweet ass time.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Tebow will handle it just fine. It will probably motivate him more than anything else. But allowing Manning to hold our free agency hostage is a monumental mistake when we have more cap space than anyone else.

weazel
03-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah, the constant disrespect is probably good for a young QB.

Not to mention the hostage situation we are in with Manning taking his sweet ass time.

wow, the drama!!!

ya the "hostage situation" has to be a killer on Tim. I agree this sucks balls, but it has nothing to do with Tebow

Northman
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I dont see why we couldnt do both. But... We have more pass rushers than we have QB's though. IMO QB is a greater need if we have to choose between the 2.

Yes and no. I would much rather go after a legit DT since we have Von and Doom. But out of the choices here i would still prefer Peyton as it is a instant upgrade and can change the offense drastically.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
wow, the drama!!!

ya the "hostage situation" has to be a killer on Tim. I agree this sucks balls, but it has nothing to do with Tebow

Who said it had anything to do with Tim?

camdisco24
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Mario is less and better Long term... so I voted for him

However, PM is high risk, but could have high return... With PM, we could be superbowl bound real quick.

TimHippo
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
ESPN is reporting that Mario is very close to closing deal with Buffalo:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7690355/buffalo-bills-close-deal-mario-williams-source-says

weazel
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7690355/buffalo-bills-close-deal-mario-williams-source-says

1:30 press conference for Mario and the Bills... looks to be a done deal.

weazel
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM

now who's playing coy

wayninja
03-15-2012, 11:29 AM
now who's playing coy

Not me. I said this was a mess. You responded by saying Tim shouldn't get bent out of shape. I said that Timmy isn't the only reason this is a mess. You then responded that the other reason has nothing to do with Tim. I agree.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM

I bet the man got PAID.

weazel
03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I bet the man got PAID.

Jason La Confora
Don't have official numbers on Mario Williams in BUF yet, but been hearing $16M a year with $50M guaranteed not out of the question

weazel
03-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Adam Schefter
Mario Williams' deal in Buffalo: six years, up to $100 million, including $50 million guaranteed.

Northman
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Adam Schefter
Mario Williams' deal in Buffalo: six years, up to $100 million, including $50 million guaranteed.

Ouch.

weazel
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM

ha, you brought it up while talking about Tebow, not me... you're losing it

weazel
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Ouch.

now we know why we haven't heard much about Denver making a play. These contracts are insane

wayninja
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
ha, you brought it up while talking about Tebow, not me... you're losing it

No, I didn't. You are losing it. Can't tell time, and now this. You are kinda seeing Tebow everywhere, my friend. Should get it checked out.

Northman
03-15-2012, 12:43 PM
now we know why we haven't heard much about Denver making a play. These contracts are insane

Yeeeep.

Im all for improving the team but some of these contracts are steep.

Cugel
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Vic Lombardi is also reporting that. Mario never left Buffalo and now he's clearly signed with the Bills. Next shoe to drop is Manning flying back to Tenn and the Titans announcing a press-conference for this evening. :mad: