PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Broncos have taken out the trash, lets get on the draft topic!

weazel
04-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Okay, it's done. Love it or hate it, it doesn't matter, it's over with. Lets discuss what the hell we're going to get in the draft?

Now we can stop bitching at each other as well!

discuss...

DenBronx
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
why take out the "trash" and then bring in a turd?

LoyalSoldier
04-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I know what I am going to do during the draft.

Pray these idiots know how to draft. Because if we can't turn these picks into anything worthwhile we just made the biggest blunder in NFL history.

weazel
04-02-2009, 05:25 PM
why take out the "trash" and then bring in a turd?

they are drafting a turd?

weazel
04-02-2009, 05:25 PM
I know what I am going to do during the draft.

Pray these idiots know how to draft. Because if we can't turn these picks into anything worthwhile we just made the biggest blunder in NFL history.

okay, so who should they get. I've had enough of the smack talk threads, lets talk draft.

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
**** it. Just trade up and get Curry.

I swear, if they draft a QB anywhere in the first two rounds I will shit a brick.

weazel
04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I dont think they need a QB. Draft DL and LB.

Tempus Fugit
04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
This was a very good deal for the Broncos under the circumstances, and the Broncos will now have a boatload of picks to work with.

EMB6903
04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Draft Raji at 12 (if he falls)

and Moreno at 18

Thats what Im hoping for

GrayWolf
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
The Broncos will have the following picks in the upcoming NFL Draft:

1-12-12 Denver
1-18-18 Denver (from Chicago)
2-16-48 Denver
3-15-79 Denver
3-20-84 Denver (from Chicago)
4-14-114 Denver
5-13-149 Denver
6-12-185 Denver
7-16-225 Denver
7-26-235 Denver (from Atlanta)

10 picks, a good way to rebuild

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I still say Tyson Jackson at #12 and then a USC OLB

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
duncan roberts

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Actually...Gimme Jackson and Clint Sintim.

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
They need to position themselves for a shot at Brace. (move up 2nd rd)

This means they fall back a few from 18.

So, they could go...

Moreno
Lauranitis
Brace

If Raji falls, they will pick him up.

Then maybe

Raji
Lauranitis
Delmas or Chung

With an average QB, the run game just became "ultra" important, seems to me the best thing would be to pull the trigger on Moreno.

I still like the idea of Freeman coming on board, he has the tools and McD has the ability to teach him.

broncophan
04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I would love to see us get Lauranitis......a good kid.......who is all over the field on defense.
Alot of people think he is overrated.....but I think he will be there for the broncos in the first round.
I just hope we can afford to sign to first round draft picks...:confused:

D1g1tal j1m
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Well let's see if Raji stock falls due to the positive test for the grass. If he does fall to us, then we take him and teach him the value of "just say no". We can then pick up Rey/Cushings/Lauranitis (whichever one is let) with the 18th pick.
Then in the second, we can pick up the best available corner/safety and RB.
Then pick up a QB on the second day.

atwater27
04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Okay, it's done. Love it or hate it, it doesn't matter, it's over with. Lets discuss what the hell we're going to get in the draft?

Now we can stop bitching at each other as well!

discuss...

Real funny, talk about stopping bitching. Take out the trash? Sorry, we didn't trade a drunk weazel.

LoyalSoldier
04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
okay, so who should they get. I've had enough of the smack talk threads, lets talk draft.

LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!
LOL!LOL!LOL!
LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LO L!LOL!LOL!

Says the man who named the thread "Now that we have taken out the trash"

TheBear
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Let's just hope this is like the Herschel Walker trade to Minnesota that built a dynasty in the 1990's for Dallas. Time to move on and make sure we get value at every pick.

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Raji is a single gap DL. He won't fit our scheme. That would be a dumb move. We need to address the most important need and that's QB. I don't know why everyone is hating on Sanchez. He is a very good quarterback. And he will be good in the pros, I promise you.

I say trade orton and the 3rd and one of our firsts to trade up to get Sanchez. Then pick up Rey, Cush, or Tyson Jackson with the other first. That at least gives us hope for the future.

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
10 picks, thats gonna cost a ton. Are they going to use all of them or maybe make some more moves?

lex
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Raji is a single gap DL. He won't fit our scheme. That would be a dumb move. We need to address the most important need and that's QB. I don't know why everyone is hating on Sanchez. He is a very good quarterback. And he will be good in the pros, I promise you.

I say trade orton and the 3rd and one of our firsts to trade up to get Sanchez. Then pick up Rey, Cush, or Tyson Jackson with the other first. That at least gives us hope for the future.

Get out of here!!! Are you kidding? Trade up for a QB after we just ran off Cutler? That makes no sense. Sorry. Thats a waste of a pick by using a first rounder, let alone both to move up. Chances are he wont even be ready to play in the first year, so we would be better off drafting to improve the running game and the defense. And then in the 5th take a QB that McDaniels can groom for down the road. They have no business wasting picks on Sanchez.

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Get out of here!!! Are you kidding? Trade up for a QB after we just ran off Cutler?

Um, that would be why we need a QB. We don't have anyone that can play and we have got to get a guy in here that we can groom while we still have talent on this offense.

Get out of here!!! Are you kidding? Trade up for a QB after we just ran off Cutler? That makes no sense. Sorry. Thats a waste of a pick by using a first rounder, let alone both to move up. Chances are he wont even be ready to play in the first year, so we would be better off drafting to improve the running game and the defense. And then in the 5th take a QB that McDaniels can groom for down the road. They have no business wasting picks on Sanchez.

Heck, I'll just reply to all of this. WE NEED A QB. We have three guys that can't get the job done. Our running game will be fine, it was last year. Yes, we need help on the defense, and we have plenty of picks for that.

Okay, and as far as the comment about the 5th round pick on a QB. First, we don't have a fifth round pick. Second, do you think that just because McD got lucky with Cassell that any QB we take in the draft is going to be a star? That happens SO rarely. There is a reason some guys are top 10 grade and others are 5 round grade. You don't win championships without a quarterback. Pick up Sanchez and use the rest of the picks on defense and maybe one on a wideout.

If we don't get a good QB soon, we are going to suck for a long, long time.

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
BTW-

1. B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
2. Ron Brace, DE, Boston College

Your first two picks are both one-gap penetrators. They would not play well in the 3-4. If we were a 4-3, sure. But no 3-4 team would take Raji or Brace. Just because a guy is big doesn't mean they make a good nosetackle

lex
04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Um, that would be why we need a QB. We don't have anyone that can play and we have got to get a guy in here that we can groom while we still have talent on this offense.

Heck, I'll just reply to all of this. WE NEED A QB. We have three guys that can't get the job done. Our running game will be fine, it was last year. Yes, we need help on the defense, and we have plenty of picks for that.

Okay, and as far as the comment about the 5th round pick on a QB. First, we don't have a fifth round pick. Second, do you think that just because McD got lucky with Cassell that any QB we take in the draft is going to be a star? That happens SO rarely. There is a reason some guys are top 10 grade and others are 5 round grade. You don't win championships without a quarterback. Pick up Sanchez and use the rest of the picks on defense and maybe one on a wideout.

If we don't get a good QB soon, we are going to suck for a long, long time.

No thanks. We need to address other areas and let McDaniels live up to his acumen by taking low round guy. In the meantime, we have to rely on Orton or Simms. If they wanted Sanchez, they should have made the deal with Cleveland or someother team thats better positioned. They have no business drafting a QB with a high pick. They should be addressing other areas to compensate for the loss of Cutler. Using a first to replace Cutler is a waste.

Also, I dont see why youre so enamored with Sanchez. Orton and Simms are more proven than he is.

lex
04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
BTW-

1. B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
2. Ron Brace, DE, Boston College

Your first two picks are both one-gap penetrators. They would not play well in the 3-4. If we were a 4-3, sure. But no 3-4 team would take Raji or Brace. Just because a guy is big doesn't mean they make a good nosetackle

FYI- I made that mock several months ago...before the senior bowl.

Edit-- Im redoing a mock...Illl have it shortly.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Ya'll can flame me all you want, but i am confident with simms or orton at the helm, IF- we get a #1 RB, and improve our D so much that our QB has to win the game himself.

I have always liked simms. Always, and i think he is a good QB not a master of anything or elite like Jay, but on the level as cassell. Same for Orton, i thinkn orton is as good a Qb as cassel.

IF we draft a sanchez or whatever, thats fine, they should be an improvement, but if we can do what i illustrated above, i dont see it as necessary.

#12- Go Best RB unless someone GREAT Falls.
#18- Best Defensive player- LB,DE,DT,CB- whatever
2nd- Brace if we didnt go DT already, or S
3rd-Defense, defense defense
3rd-OL,WR, or MORE DEFENSE

IMO we should have 5 impact players to START THIS YEAR! IF thats the case then Simms or ORton should be just fine for us. (assuming Mcd system is all that it and he are cracked up to be)

omac
04-02-2009, 10:13 PM

LOL, you've had enough smack talk threads, but you start a thread titled "Now that the Broncos have taken out the trash"; gotta start with the man in the mirror. :coffee:

hamrob
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
We're paying Simms $3m/yr and Orton $1m/yr. I don't think they now go and get Sanchez too. If they did that...it would be the same as having traded Cutler for Sanchez, Orton and a 3rd. We really would have been robbed for that deal.

I also think Simms is the logical starter...otherwise, why did we pay him $3m/yr?

omac
04-02-2009, 10:54 PM
We're paying Simms $3m/yr and Orton $1m/yr. I don't think they now go and get Sanchez too. If they did that...it would be the same as having traded Cutler for Sanchez, Orton and a 3rd. We really would have been robbed for that deal.

I also think Simms is the logical starter...otherwise, why did we pay him $3m/yr?

Excellent point! :salute: I also don't believe we're picking up a QB high in the draft, and your reasoning makes perfect sense.

I don't agree that Simms will be the starter, though; I think Orton will win that job. Orton has had a few monster games early last season, so he does have the potential to run a pass heavy offense. Chris Simms has always been a game manager in Gruden's non-explosive offenses. jmo, though.

lex
04-02-2009, 11:23 PM
FYI- I made that mock several months ago...before the senior bowl.

Edit-- Im redoing a mock...Illl have it shortly.

12. Beanie Wells, RB
18. Alex Mack, C...(I wrestled with taking Clay Matthews here)
48. Jarron Gilbert, DE....either he, Barwin, or Kruger
79. Jairus Byrd, DB (If I had taken CMj at 18, I would have taken a C here)
84. Cody Brown, OLB
114. Terrance Taylor, NT
149. Sammie Lee Hill, NT/DE
185. Mike Reilly, QB
225. Frantz Joseph, ILB
235. Derek Walker, DE

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Orton and Simms are more proven than he is.

All they've proven is that they aren't good enough to start in this league...

BigAL56
04-02-2009, 11:59 PM
12. Beanie Wells, RB
18. Alex Mack, C...(I wrestled with taking Clay Matthews here)
48. Jarron Gilbert, DE....either he, Barwin, or Kruger
79. Jairus Byrd, DB (If I had taken CMj at 18, I would have taken a C here)
84. Cody Brown, OLB
114. Terrance Taylor, NT
149. Sammie Lee Hill, NT/DE
185. Mike Reilly, QB
225. Frantz Joseph, ILB
235. Derek Walker, DE

I don't mind the mock. However, I would change our first round selections. Say we don't go QB, we need to then go defense. We've got runningbacks, it's one area that isn't broken on this team. Obviously I prefer Sanchez, but let's say we don't trade up or he doesn't fall to us...

Gotta go defense. Tyson Jackson and Brian Cushing.

lex
04-03-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't mind the mock. However, I would change our first round selections. Say we don't go QB, we need to then go defense. We've got runningbacks, it's one area that isn't broken on this team. Obviously I prefer Sanchez, but let's say we don't trade up or he doesn't fall to us...

Gotta go defense. Tyson Jackson and Brian Cushing.

No, our RBs are mediocre. We no longer have the high end QB we once did. People need to wrap their minds around that. And even before Cutler, we needed to address the running game, but its even more important now. This could actually work out ok if we're going to be more balanced. We were too pass happy last year. Gilbert>Jackson, CMJ> Cushing

But also, your analysis of the QBs is full of holes. For one, you have to see if McDaniels acumen with QBs is as good as he thinks it is. If so, we could be fine with Simms/Orton. If not, then we look at someone like Reilly or drafting someone next year.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 12:13 AM
If we spend our two 1'st rounders on offense I will officially hang myself.

JONtheBRONCO
04-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I actually like a RB in the first round, or even second.