PDA

View Full Version : If Peyton Signs with Titans........

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Couple of things................One, if its true Bud Adams is gonna Pay Manning AND give him a position, then I think the NFL should step in and put a huge cap hit on them. Its not fair offering money after the fact.

Two, if Peyton signs with them, then sign Super Mario.

BRING IT HOME EFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING MARIO TO THE BRONCOS AND MAKE PEYTON PAY!!!!!!

Thats all.:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Denvers on the phone to Mario, telling him dont sign with the Bills..............come sit next to Von and Doom.

Then our defense can be called Super Mario Von DOOM.

.........or maybe not.

jhildebrand
03-14-2012, 11:34 PM
If Elway loses out on Manning, he will begin to feel some serious heat and criticism. It would be one thing to lose Manning. It would be another if Tebow did play lights out this year and improve and NOT want to stick around after yet another public dis. Also, Elway would be open for other legitimate criticisms come regular season and depth is still an issue. He has all his eggs in this basket KNOWING depth is an issue and there are still a large amount of holes.

jhildebrand
03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
At some point Elway is risking his legend by being GM.

pipes
03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Couple of things................One, if its true Bud Adams is gonna Pay Manning AND give him a position, then I think the NFL should step in and put a huge cap hit on them. Its not fair offering money after the fact.

Two, if Peyton signs with them, then sign Super Mario.

BRING IT HOME EFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING MARIO TO THE BRONCOS AND MAKE PEYTON PAY!!!!!!

Thats all.:coffee:

It sounds crazy...but I think you're absolutely right!
I mean, if the offense is going to suck again...might as well pump up the defense!

I do think there is a birdie in Mario's ear. The Bills have held him "hostage" for hours now...I'm guessing they've offered him a king's ransom and was even rumored to be on the verge of signing it...then all of the sudden Peyton skips town and Mario doesn't sign his contract.

Maybe he realized that he can get a fat paycheck somewhere else...and doesn't have to endure Buffalo's suckdom.

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 11:38 PM
It was said that Peytons deal is holding up Mario signing. I guess he would like to see the numbers.
Makes sense.

But I like Von Millers idea. Sign them BOTH.

Heck, why not sign Wallace too and give up our first for him.

Bring it home Elway.

pipes
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
It was said that Peytons deal is holding up Mario signing. I guess he would like to see the numbers.
Makes sense.

But I like Von Millers idea. Sign them BOTH.

Heck, why not sign Wallace too and give up our first for him.

Bring it home Elway.

I would love that! I am not fond of the idea of drafting a soon to be 29 year old rookie QB in the first or second round...or a very mediocre, Orton-clone, in Cousins.

-Makes me sick just to think about it.

pnbronco
03-14-2012, 11:42 PM
If Peyton doesn't come here, then Oh Well. The FO gave it a great shot. We were actually in the running, who knew it would happen that fast. There were a lot of teams out there that tried to get him, but he came here first and for that I'm very proud of the FO.

chazoe60
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Is this the year we are required to spend 90% of the cap or does that not take effect until next season?

If it is this year and Manning doesn't sign with us what are we going to do? Overpay a bunch of 2nd tier FAs? I wish Manning would make up his mind so this franchise can start moving in a forward direction either with PM or without him.

pnbronco
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Is this the year we are required to spend 90% of the cap or does that not take effect until next season?

If it is this year and Manning doesn't sign with us what are we going to do? Overpay a bunch of 2nd tier FAs? I wish Manning would make up his mind so this franchise can start moving in a forward direction either with PM or without him.

It's next season. So we don't have to overpay a bunch of 2nd tier.....

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 11:48 PM

Next year, but thats why you spend this year.......to make sure you take care of next years 90%

Use this years cap space to take care of the signing bonuses or salaries, and let year two have big payouts, thereby spending your 90%.

Blow it this year.......dont spend next year.

UnderArmour
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Denvers on the phone to Mario, telling him dont sign with the Bills..............come sit next to Von and Doom.

Then our defense can be called Super Mario Von DOOM.

.........or maybe not.
Well it has to be either us or Tennessee that has him on the phone telling him not to sign. He's been in Buffalo for 2 days now and the fact that he still hasn't signed must mean that there is someone who is holding off due to Peyton. Seems like Mario is going to sign with Buffalo tomorrow though and there's nothing we could do about it without knowing what Peyton is going to do. Sitting on our $47 million in cap space and not signing Peyton or Mario would be absurd though.

chazoe60
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys, and Pola. ;)

pipes
03-15-2012, 12:00 AM
It's next season. So we don't have to overpay a bunch of 2nd tier.....

Looks like Denver's going to have to fill their roster with third tier dudes here pretty quick.
And wait till next year to overspend on next year's second tier guys....

It'd be nice if this whole drama was over....say tomorrow....so Denver can get this offseason going!

Their visits so far...Peyton (awesome), Brandon Meriweather (seriously?! benched in NE then cut, benched in Chicago...that's who Denver brought in??), Mike Adams (did you hear that, that was a collective "who" from Bronco fans throughout the country)

I will give them credit for trying to snag Paul Soliai. However, they've obviously had issues negotiating with Prater and Bunkley....

WARHORSE
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Looks like Denver's going to have to fill their roster with third tier dudes here pretty quick.

It'd be nice if this whole drama was over....say tomorrow....so Denver can get this offseason going!

Their visits so far...Peyton (awesome), Brandon Meriweather (seriously?! benched in NE then cut, benched in Chicago...that's who Denver brought in??), Mike Adams (did you hear that, that was a collective "who" from Bronco fans throughout the country)

I will give them credit for trying to snag Paul Soliai. However, they've obviously had issues negotiating with Prater and Bunkley....

Thats why we will try and sign Mario...........

OrangeHoof
03-15-2012, 12:07 AM
If the choice is Manning or Mario, count me with Mario. Fox and Del Rio know how to build a kick-ass defense. Adding Mario to Ayers, Miller and Dumervil means chaos for quarterbacks.

pipes
03-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Thats why we will try and sign Mario...........

Well IncarceratedBob says that Mario got "his wife's blessing" and that they have a press conference scheduled to announce the contract.
-Odd because Mario is engaged, not married.

This was also the guy that got on Twitter yesterday and was typing a bunch of nonsense about how Peyton was a Bronco, done deal.

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Must start new.....thread.....hands....itching....to start....new...threads.....without.......links....

....must....provide......opinions..............wit hno.......links......

....please.....stop....my....thread....starting... ....addictions.....

.....no....linky....

....me.....wantnew......threads.....

nolinky....newthready

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:20 AM
If Peyton doesn't come here, then Oh Well. The FO gave it a great shot. We were actually in the running, who knew it would happen that fast. There were a lot of teams out there that tried to get him, but he came here first and for that I'm very proud of the FO.

If he does not come, then bring in a QB that helps us. Sorry I never want to see option football again. Its not going to work fulltime in the NFL over the long hall. Its pathetic in 2012
to not compete over 50% of your passes now a days. This is not 1965 anymore.

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:21 AM

Meriweather sucks. I never want to see him miss tackles for my team. I would rather a 6th round draft pick at safety over that big fat stiff

Lancane
03-15-2012, 01:13 AM
If Elway loses out on Manning, he will begin to feel some serious heat and criticism. It would be one thing to lose Manning. It would be another if Tebow did play lights out this year and improve and NOT want to stick around after yet another public dis. Also, Elway would be open for other legitimate criticisms come regular season and depth is still an issue. He has all his eggs in this basket KNOWING depth is an issue and there are still a large amount of holes.

That's a big ass 'If' Jhil, chances are more then likely he'll be of the same quality as we saw last year.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 01:19 AM
If Manning does sign with the Titans, I believe Denver will draft a quarterback earlier then they had hoped to, though I expected them to draft a quarterback regardless of what Manning decides. As to whether or not we go after Super Mario...I doubt it, this team seems to be the Thrifty-Nickel of the NFL and by the time they get to it we'll be signing underachievers or those close to the forced retirement age.

OrangeFanatic
03-15-2012, 06:11 AM
If he does not come, then bring in a QB that helps us. Sorry I never want to see option football again. Its not going to work fulltime in the NFL over the long hall. Its pathetic in 2012
to not compete over 50% of your passes now a days. This is not 1965 anymore.

You mean it's not 1983 anymore, when John Elway didn't complete 50% of his passes? It's knee jerk reactions like this why so many QB's fail in this league.

ITS MY SUPER BOWL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

claymore
03-15-2012, 06:58 AM
You mean it's not 1983 anymore, when John Elway didn't complete 50% of his passes? It's knee jerk reactions like this why so many QB's fail in this league.

ITS MY SUPER BOWL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Did Elway have the #1 running game in the league? Did Elway go entire Qtrs without completing passes? Did they install his college offense for him to succeed, or did he have to do what Reeves wants? Oh and.. Was 1983 his rookie year???

CrazyHorse
03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Did Elway have the #1 running game in the league? Did Elway go entire Qtrs without completing passes? Did they install his college offense for him to succeed, or did he have to do what Reeves wants? Oh and.. Was 1983 his rookie year???

Did Elway have a winning record? Did Elway lead his team to the playoffs after starting 1-4. Did Elway beat the defending AFC Champions? Did Elway have a full season as a starter?

Northman
03-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Different era of football, you cant compare Elway to Tebow and vice versa.

Traveler
03-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Can't remember which site I read it last night, but they stated Manning would wait till Sunday to make a decision. Really? Is Denver really willing to wait that long?

Northman
03-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Sunday is too long. Denver should just move on at this point. I heard Friday might be his deadline because of Arizona but if he is going to wait that long to make a decision we just need to move on.

TXBRONC
03-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Sunday is too long. Denver should just move on at this point. I heard Friday might be his deadline because of Arizona but if he is going to wait that long to make a decision we just need to move on.

That's what I remember hearing. He would have his decision by Friday. If he's waiting until Sunday that gives me the feeling he's waiting for someone to up the ante. So much for he's destined for Tennesse because he's just a country bumpkin at heart.

Traveler
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
That's what I remember hearing. He would have his decision by Friday. If he's waiting until Sunday that gives me the feeling he's waiting for someone to up the ante. So much for he's destined for Tennesse because he's just a country bumpkin at heart.

You might be right.....

Peyton’s Tennessee visit includes Titans’ doctor
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2012, 11:43 PM EDT

Quarterback Peyton Manning spent enough time with the Titans on Wednesday to get a paycheck. According to ESPN.com, Manning put in eight hours visiting with team officials.

Part of the time reportedly was spent with the team’s doctor, Burton Elrod. (What, Dr. Cletus Moonbucket was too busy?) Important questions remain regarding the status of Peyton’s neck, and the strength of his passing arm.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that none of the four teams with which Manning has met (Broncos, Cardinals, Dolphins, Titans) have been eliminated. Mort also reports, apparently passing along the message that the Manning camp wants communicated to the rest of the league, that Peyton hasn’t closed the door on meeting with other teams.

In other words, “No one has offered me the kind of money I want.”

At some point, Peyton needs to start handing out roses, or bags of poo. The delay is making him look indecisive, and indecision is going to make him look like Brett Favre.

Actually, when it came to picking a team, Brett was never indecisive. Sure, he hemmed and hawed about playing for the Jets or Buccaneers in 2008, but only because he wanted to play for the Vikings, Bears, or Lions.

Peyton could be turning into the mirror image of Favre. Brett couldn’t decide when he wanted to stop playing; Manning is coming off as a guy who can’t decide where he wants to keep playing.

Then again, if anyone offered him enough money, he’d make up his mind pretty quickly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/peytons-tennessee-visit-includes-titans-doctor/

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 09:39 AM
So this has become about money?

MOtorboat
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
So this has become about money?

Vic Lombardi reported either Tuesday night or yesterday that money was believed not to be a factor at first, but that had changed.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Basically everything that's been reported so far is rumor, speculation, baseless, malleable, and inconstant.

Love me some twatter.

"Peyton Manning set to retire after jerking off several NFL teams. #talkingoutmyass"

weazel
03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Basically everything that's been reported so far is rumor, speculation, baseless, malleable, and inconstant.

Love me some twatter.

"Peyton Manning set to retire after jerking off several NFL teams. #talkingoutmyass"

oh man that would be the funniest thing if that happened!

Holds a big press conference, looks into the camera and says "Later, gay boys" and fingers everyone as he's walking out the door. :lol:

claymore
03-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Did Elway have a winning record? Did Elway lead his team to the playoffs after starting 1-4. Did Elway beat the defending AFC Champions? Did Elway have a full season as a starter?

Nope, neither QB did their first year. Elway started his first year, and most likely would have beat Orton out in TC if that were the scenario.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Vic Lombardi reported either Tuesday night or yesterday that money was believed not to be a factor at first, but that had changed.

Well then I hope we go after Mario and some help on defense. Waiting around for Manning to make his mind up isn't helping Denver address its other needs.

Northman
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Yea, there are various reports that Peyton doesnt care about money and now there are reports that money is a factor. Weird thing is when he went to all the clubs "supposedly" none of the discussions were about money since his agent wasnt there. But, maybe within the last few hours some numbers got thrown around by the teams.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Yea, there are various reports that Peyton doesnt care about money and now there are reports that money is a factor. Weird thing is when he went to all the clubs "supposedly" none of the discussions were about money since his agent wasnt there. But, maybe within the last few hours some numbers got thrown around by the teams.

This is what I mean. First there are reports that Denver is a lock. Then Arizona is a lock. Then it's between Arizona and Denver and Manning will decide by the opening of FA. Then by Friday. Then by Sunday. Money is not a factor. Money is a factor. Miami is out of it. You can't rule Miami out. Manning won't visit Tennessee. Manning is just leaving the Titans facility.

It goes on and on. Basically any scenario you can think of is being reported as credible rumor/near fact.

pnbronco
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM

I was so excited at first when I thought we would get a decision by Tues and it looked like we would. However Sunday is too long and the Titans contract for life is too silly. I think it's time to move on. I'm still glad that the FO did what they did. If Peyton had done what he said he would last week, make a decision by Tues and it's not about the money then I would have been thrilled had he come to the Broncos. Now it's like oh well....time to move on.

MOtorboat
03-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I would much rather overpay for a quarterback than a defensive end. Especially when Denver already has two Pro Bowl level players at the position.

Soliai made the most sense for the defensive line. Obviously that's gone, so they really need to sign Bunkley back.

Unless they think Mario Williams can move from the outside to the three-tech in passing situations. That is just a lot of money to pay for that.

Northman
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
I would much rather overpay for a quarterback than a defensive end. Especially when Denver already has two Pro Bowl level players at the position.

Soliai made the most sense for the defensive line. Obviously that's gone, so they really need to sign Bunkley back.

Unless they think Mario Williams can move from the outside to the three-tech in passing situations. That is just a lot of money to pay for that.

I would only overpay if Manning didnt have the question marks. Im fine with giving him a fair contract but if he is asking for the world its just too risky. With Mario i get concerned about his Randy Moss type attitude of taking off plays. Even then, we have two pass rushers and we really need a beast in the middle to shut down the run better.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Peyton doesn't do a lot of commercials because he doesn't like money.

So if two things are equal, money will slide the scale. Makes sense. Titans have a premiere running back and a solid defense. It's his home town where his wife's family is from. Its also in a division that plays the Colts twice a year. So if he feels that the talent between Broncos and the Titans are the same, there are certainly some things that will tilt the scale, and money absolutely would be one of those things.

I don't think Elway looks foolish for trying to get Manning, and certainly don't think it hurts his credibility if Manning doesn't sign here. Going for Manning makes/made sense. If you make the right effort, and put your effort in the right directions, it doesn't take away from you if that player decides on a different franchise because it fits their life better. Not to mention, those that say it will hurt John if we dont' get him, would have CRUCIFIED him if we tried to out-bid and gave Manning a ton of money. So putting our name in the running is the SMART move, whether it works out or not.

TimHippo
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't think Elway looks foolish for trying to get Manning, and certainly don't think it hurts his credibility if Manning doesn't sign here. Going for Manning makes/made sense. If you make the right effort, and put your effort in the right directions, it doesn't take away from you if that player decides on a different franchise because it fits their life better. Not to mention, those that say it will hurt John if we dont' get him, would have CRUCIFIED him if we tried to out-bid and gave Manning a ton of money. So putting our name in the running is the SMART move, whether it works out or not.

It's not the smart move when you tie your hands to Manning and let all the good FA's go to other teams.
All the A list guys are gone. Mario Williams is reportedly very close to signing with Buffalo now.
Plus you alienate Tebow which basically means you have to move him whether Manning comes here or not. (unless Elway and his regime step down).

It's a total clusterf****.

pnbronco
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM

It's not like I don't believe what they said last week. I think what happened was some of the contracts that have come out with other players, like Calvin Johnson. When I heard those numbers I went WTH, are they nuts? In a small way it was like Orton was going to Miami for what ever it was and then the Kolb contract came out and it looked like clubs were willing to pay a lot more.

I'm finding the whole whatever the market will bear thing getting old, esp after these last 2 years being dang tough for a lot of people out there.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Going back to the opening post.

I don't think the NFL should take actions against the Titans for anything that is proposed for the future holdings of Peyton Manning. If they feel that offering a possible position would tilt the scales, thats Manning's job to determine if thats something he wants.

If they don't have a contract in hand for Manning to work as a FO after Manning retires, then I don't think there is anything that is against any rules. If they have a contract signed that gives Manning a job afterwards, then that's different. But purely talking about (if that's even a real discussion) a job possibility isn't something I believe can be sanctioned.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
It's not the smart move when you tie your hands to Manning and let all the good FA's go to other teams.
All the A list guys are gone. Mario Williams is reportedly very close to signing with Buffalo now.
Plus you alienate Tebow which basically means you have to move him whether Manning comes here or not. (unless Elway and his regime step down).

It's a total clusterf****.

This is just silly. EVERY year we hear complaints about all the "top FAs" not being signed. The pursuit for Manning has NOTHING to do with tying our hands. There is NO reason to sign Mario Williams to this team.

You are SPECULATING that we "have to move Tebow" because you want to believe that Tebow is being sooooo dissed that he just can'tlive with it. At the same time, it may very well be something Elway wants to do. Tebow is a HUGE project that limits the teams offense... DRAMATICALLY. Elway making a move for Manning makes absolute sense.

pnbronco
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Peyton doesn't do a lot of commercials because he doesn't like money.

So if two things are equal, money will slide the scale. Makes sense. Titans have a premiere running back and a solid defense. It's his home town where his wife's family is from. Its also in a division that plays the Colts twice a year. So if he feels that the talent between Broncos and the Titans are the same, there are certainly some things that will tilt the scale, and money absolutely would be one of those things.

Great post Ravage. Almost every player on the Broncos is replaceable, that's the nature of the business. I can totally understand if PM wants to go to Tenn because of the life style, we all have things that fit us better than others.

TimHippo
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
This is just silly. EVERY year we hear complaints about all the "top FAs" not being signed. The pursuit for Manning has NOTHING to do with tying our hands. There is NO reason to sign Mario Williams to this team.

You are SPECULATING that we "have to move Tebow" because you want to believe that Tebow is being sooooo dissed that he just can'tlive with it. At the same time, it may very well be something Elway wants to do. Tebow is a HUGE project that limits the teams offense... DRAMATICALLY. Elway making a move for Manning makes absolute sense.

What's silly is not even considering Mario Williams. Settling for mediocre is not the way to go.

slim
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM

I don't think the NFL should take actions against the Titans for anything that is proposed for the future holdings of Peyton Manning. If they feel that offering a possible position would tilt the scales, thats Manning's job to determine if thats something he wants.

If they don't have a contract in hand for Manning to work as a FO after Manning retires, then I don't think there is anything that is against any rules. If they have a contract signed that gives Manning a job afterwards, then that's different. But purely talking about (if that's even a real discussion) a job possibility isn't something I believe can be sanctioned.

Completely disagree. How can you offer him future earnings? There would have to be a way to value that (his future ownership/FO role) into the current salary cap. Otherwise, they are circumventing the salary cap.

No way the NFL let's something like that happen.

MOtorboat
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
What's silly is not even considering Mario Williams. Settling for mediocre is not the way to go.

There is only one team in the entire NFL that has had a chance to "consider" Mario Williams. 31 teams could not "consider" Williams. So the whining about Denver not doing it is kind of silly.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Mario isn't a need, more of a luxury. LB, S, RB, DT - these are critical needs.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 11:37 AM

Rav, offering anything above and beyond a contract to play football causes the process to be sullied in a way that would cause some to pursue other avenues of enticement. I don't mind that Tennessee wants him to come play for them or if they outbid us or anyone else, but when you do throw things like a career after sports then the whole process becomes more then unfair, it's not truly a financial arrangement but it still can effect someone's decision making. I understand that you may not want Denver to sign Manning, but let's say Von Miller was a free agent and was set to re-sign and Jerry Jones came out and said "If you come to Dallas Von, I promise you a position with this team after football...we'll sign you for life!", would you still feel the same way?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 12:21 PM

To be fair...did Tebow try to take the snap from a Guard?

Lancane
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM

That's an easy mistake to make when your nerves are on edge and to answer your question no, of course he struggles to take snaps from behind center if we want to be honest.

claymore
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Nope, I dont think he had the longest sack in NFL history either.

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM

Exactly settling for less than medoicre passing in todays nfl is sad.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
That's an easy mistake to make when your nerves are on edge and to answer your question no, of course he struggles to take snaps from behind center if we want to be honest.

You just lost all credibility. You are actually saying that a QB lining up under the Guard is an easy mistake? Really? Really?

Lancane
03-15-2012, 02:18 PM
You just lost all credibility. You are actually saying that a QB lining up under the Guard is an easy mistake? Really? Really?

I've seen Tony Banks do it twice that I can remember at Michigan State and Brian Griese did it right after he got sacked in the annual meeting between our two schools. I also remember Steve Young doing it in Tampa, he caught himself in time to assuage any real cackling, but he was walking toward the guard and realized what he was doing. It's not that uncommon when your nerves are frayed or your confused. I lined up at defensive end once though I was a linebacker hybrid safety and I remember our defensive end laughing his ass off at me. If you think it's uncommon then I'd have to question if you ever played the sport.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-15-2012, 02:38 PM
You might be right.....

In other words, “No one has offered me the kind of money I want.”

Figures... The more this drags on and the more I hear about it, the less respect I have for him and the less I hope he actually comes here.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Completely disagree. How can you offer him future earnings? There would have to be a way to value that (his future ownership/FO role) into the current salary cap. Otherwise, they are circumventing the salary cap.

No way the NFL let's something like that happen.

There isn't an offering of future earnings, there is a possibility for it. Like I said, if they actually come to an agreement on this, with a contract thats different. But just because there is simple talk about "you can have a place as my FO"... means nothing until it actually happens.

Peyton would have to buy his way into an ownership. I just don't really see this being a big deal

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 02:50 PM

yes.... it really is. It happens a LOT more than you think. You have your eyes up, you aren't watching the OL, you are looking around, thinking, your eyes are moving back and forth, and everyone in your peripheral vision is bent over. Its not like lining up behind the WR, its the guy RIGHT NEXT to the center. Easy mistake....... REALLY

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Figures... The more this drags on and the more I hear about it, the less respect I have for him and the less I hope he actually comes here.

Thats just speculation that it's the "no one has offerend me enough money." I think thats complete and total BS. I don't blame Manning for taking his time. Its been THREE whole days, plus travel, to meet with several teams/people. I don't blame him for weighing his options seriously and cautiously. THis is a life changing move for him AND his family. I would expect someone to take it seriously, and to not rush in.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Thats just speculation that it's the "no one has offerend me enough money." I think thats complete and total BS. I don't blame Manning for taking his time. Its been THREE whole days, plus travel, to meet with several teams/people. I don't blame him for weighing his options seriously and cautiously. THis is a life changing move for him AND his family. I would expect someone to take it seriously, and to not rush in.

His wife is obviously excited, she's been looking at houses!

I don't blame him, but I do believe the front office has lagged due to their pursuit of him to be honest.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2012, 03:05 PM
His wife is obviously excited, she's been looking at houses!

I don't blame him, but I do believe the front office has lagged due to their pursuit of him to be honest.

To me, thats saying that 'we' are looking at things with a broader perspective than those that do this for a living. I dn't think that's the case. Look at the people we have coming in. The only thing we haven't done is signed a BIG contract FA, which is something we never do. Its been since tuesday that FA has been freed, and every year the fans grow impatient because we haven't made some BIG signing. Nothing different this year. Same impatience, imo.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
To me, thats saying that 'we' are looking at things with a broader perspective than those that do this for a living. I dn't think that's the case. Look at the people we have coming in. The only thing we haven't done is signed a BIG contract FA, which is something we never do. Its been since tuesday that FA has been freed, and every year the fans grow impatient because we haven't made some BIG signing. Nothing different this year. Same impatience, imo.

Of course we're impatient...look at how many shitty drafts we've had over the past two decades...free agency was about the most exciting this for us until 2006' and that lasted a few scant years and we were back to bad drafting once more.

GEM
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM

We haven't even signed our own...with the news on DJ, they need to either sign Mays or get a backup. We have no DT after Bunkley and we're letting him visit other places. Much less looking at outside players.

It's like the front office has only Peyton on the brain and can't even function to write some scrappy little contract to Bunkley who will cost all of max $5mil for the year.

Northman
03-15-2012, 03:09 PM
To be honest there was a report (i know, more speculation) that Denver wasnt waiting for Manning, in fact it was said that they are just going about business as usual right now. Whether or not that is true i dont know but considering the history of the Broncos i really dont think Manning is holding them back but that is my opinion.

pnbronco
03-15-2012, 03:11 PM
We haven't even signed our own...with the news on DJ, they need to either sign Mays or get a backup. We have no DT after Bunkley and we're letting him visit other places. Much less looking at outside players.

It's like the front office has only Peyton on the brain and can't even function to write some scrappy little contract to Bunkley who will cost all of max $5mil for the year.

So what happened with DJ? I heard a little something on the radio, but not enough to understand what the heck happened. Plus I'm too tired/lazy to go look for a thread.

Northman
03-15-2012, 03:18 PM
So what happened with DJ? I heard a little something on the radio, but not enough to understand what the heck happened. Plus I'm too tired/lazy to go look for a thread.

He and someone else got suspended for like 6-8 games for the DUI's. But, i read that they were sueing the NFL or something to that effect.

Lancane
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
He and someone else got suspended for like 6-8 games for the DUI's. But, i read that they were sueing the NFL or something to that effect.

He along with McBean and one of our rookie tight ends got suspended for six games for violating the league illegal substance abuse rule. However, the man who handled the specimens screwed up so bad that he was fired by the league and there is a question of validity going on with the suit that Williams and McBean have filed against the league.

pnbronco
03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys.... It was the specimens screw up that I heard and they were saying something the specimen was not human......I couldn't figure it out and I guess that point really didn't care....too many hours of driving and my goal was to stay awake long enough to make it home!

Cugel
03-15-2012, 04:20 PM

I just don't understand this. Bud Adams can offer Peyton a job when he retires in, say, 2 or 3 years.

But, Bud Adams will probably be DEAD in 2 or 3 years. He's 89 right now and the only reason he's paying a mint to get Manning over the objections of his coaches and GM (who said publicly 2 months ago that they were "fine" at the QB position and weren't interested in Manning), is that he desperately wants to win NOW and doesn't care a whit about the future (because he doesn't have one).

But, what's this "lifetime contract" nonsense? Once he's dead, the new owner would have to want Manning in whatever job he held. And a "lifetime contract" isn't worth the paper it's printed on as far as job security is concerned.

Just ask Mike Shanahan how that "lifetime contract" thing worked out for him.

The Broncos fired Shanny despite having to pay him something like $14 million on the remainder of his contract. So Shanny kept the money, but lost his job. Same thing would be true with Manning.

If they want to get rid of him they will. And Bud Adams' "Lifetime contract" actually means for the lifetime of Bud Adams. And that won't be very long. :coffee:

Cugel
03-15-2012, 04:24 PM

They will ask the Federal District Court for an injunction against the NFL which could prevent their being suspended at all this season while the court case is pending. That's what's happened in previous cases.

Of course, they would have to make a showing of irreparable harm if the injunction is not granted, which they should be able to do.

jlarsiii
03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
To be honest there was a report (i know, more speculation) that Denver wasnt waiting for Manning, in fact it was said that they are just going about business as usual right now. Whether or not that is true i dont know but considering the history of the Broncos i really dont think Manning is holding them back but that is my opinion.

To me it appears that they are working under the same m.o. as last offseason. Try to acquire good budget FA signings to supplement building through the draft. I think they are still following their original plan in this regard.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 06:31 PM
To me it appears that they are working under the same m.o. as last offseason. Try to acquire good budget FA signings to supplement building through the draft. I think they are still following their original plan in this regard.

Manning is a budget FA?

slim
03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
yes.... it really is. It happens a LOT more than you think. You have your eyes up, you aren't watching the OL, you are looking around, thinking, your eyes are moving back and forth, and everyone in your peripheral vision is bent over. Its not like lining up behind the WR, its the guy RIGHT NEXT to the center. Easy mistake....... REALLY

:lol:

broncobryce
03-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Denver is waiting for the first wave of players to be signed (who are mostly overpaid) then when the prices go down they will make their move. Also rumor is they are waiting on Manning before they sign offensive players, because they would sign different players if Manning is here than if he isn't.

I hope to God he does not sign with us, and I don't think he will.

slim
03-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Mods, please change the title of this thread.

Everytime some bumps it, all I see is "Peyton Signs with Titans".....and it's pissing me off.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Me too. I'm over the Peyton Manning issue. I hope he signs with Tennessee tonight and ends this debacle. Hopefully we will go about our business either way and start signing some guys. We aren't any faster on offense yet and that has to change. And LB is a MAJOR need right now. And how about getting Bunkley re-upped?

slim
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't see why people care about Bunkley. He is just a guy, IMO.

I suppose someone has to play inside :noidea:

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Bunkley is the best option we have right now. I'd take Jones as well but Bunkley played decent for Denver last year.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 07:41 PM
If we don't get PM, we'd have plenty of cash for both...especially since no WR will choose to sign here.

slim
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
If we don't get PM, we'd have plenty of cash for both...especially since no WR will choose to sign here.

Yep, we will have enough cash to sign all of the 3rd tier FA we want.

broncobryce
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't see why people care about Bunkley. He is just a guy, IMO.

I suppose someone has to play inside :noidea:

I thought he played really well for us last season. Hopefully IF he gets paid here he plays even better. But you know how that goes with DT's......