PDA

View Full Version : You know what I just realized...we could be getting a really good deal!

RunYouOver
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I know, I've been pushing for the maximum possible number of draft picks and impact players to come from this trade. I think we're getting ripped off if it's any less than 2 firsts, 2 picks in the second or third, 2 other picks and an impact player.

Yes, that's a lot. No I don't think it's likely. But I do think it's possible, and something like that would actually significantly improve our franchise.

That's not saying losing Cutler won't be devastating, I still want him to return if at all possible. I think in 3-4 years, he will be the BEST QB in the NFL. Guess what though, the best is not necessary to win.

An impact player is what he is, an impact player. With all these picks this year and next year, we can get 3-5 MORE impact players. That will solidify our team at everything but QB. Do we take someone in this year's draft? God I hope not. Bradford, next year? Sure I'd be fine with that.

We can go with Simms this year though and actually compete depending on who/what we get. Hopefully we draft Bradford next year and make the best of that, and though we might've lost the potential best QB in the NFL, five years from now, we'll have someone who is as experienced as Jay was this year. And we can win before that too, with these players.

My anger and disappointment is beginning to turn into joy and excitement. Assuming McDaniels and Co. don't completely BLOW this opportunity, this trade could win us a Super Bowl in the next few years. In the short run, this KILLS us. But a lot has to go right to win the SB, and you have to have a lot of depth...not necessarily something we have. The more impact players, the better, and in a couple of years, when our QB is at least decently experienced, we could be in prime shape to pounce on the rest of the league and build a dynasty.

Again, I'd love it if Cutler could stay, and I want a LOT in return if we do trade him. But assuming we wind up with 2 firsts and an impact player at the MINIMUM, we're in great shape. Then we could root for Cutler to fail, and if his team does, our picks will be even better.

Just trying to find the positives in this...I'm not sold on McD and the FO, and am actually terrified they'll mess this up bad. At the very least though, this is all very exciting.

The never ending cycle seems to be this: Shock --> Disappointment --> Anger --> Curiosity --> Excitement and then back to shock again.

Let's just hope the shock this next time around is a positive one, and the cycle ends right there. This could be VERY good for Denver, or horrific for us...we'll have to just wait and see. :beer:

broncophan
04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Definitely will have no problem rooting against Cutler......

Once Cutler is gone......the broncos will not be any worse off than when Cutler replaced Plummer in my opinion..........not sure how I can say that when we don't even know who our qb will be.....but that is still how I feel.

and 8-8 or 7-9.....again and fighting for a division title.....could be a possibility again this upcoming season.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
I say trade him to Arizona for Leinart and their first two picks.

McDaniels gets the USC QB that he loves and we still have 3 high picks.

Arizona has a bunch of high picks to give up, they get an heir for Warner and best of all, Cutler gets to hold Kurt's clipboard and cry about it for two years.

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
We have a stud o-line.

Any QB would look good behind that line.

The greater needs are on defense.

I hope we use the picks wisely, find a Tom Brady type to groom for the future, in the end we should be OK.

OrangeHoof
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Broncos will be like an expansion team. 4-12 is the top end.

Denver27og
04-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Arizona has a bunch of high picks to give up, they get an heir for Warner and best of all, Cutler gets to hold Kurt's clipboard and cry about it for two years.

cutler would over take warner in a heartbeat.. cutler to fitz boldin and breaston will dominate many many teams.. u dont want that to happen..

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Warner would still be the starter

LRtagger
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Yea but then we would have two lefties. Two lefts dont make a right.

TDmvp
04-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Leinart is a bust ... He would fit right in with Josh Mishandles ...

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Yea but then we would have two lefties. Two lefts dont make a right.

Well, if one went down...it wouldnt be much of an adjustment for the line or recievers

Dortoh
04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Broncos will be like an expansion team. 4-12 is the top end.

http://www.biojobblog.com/OhMyGosh(3).jpg