PDA

View Full Version : Can Boston win Tonight

Medford Bronco
10-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes I am probably a lone
voice here on this forum as you are mostly Rockie
fans or not fans of baseball, except for dogfish as an Indian fan

Can Beckett win tonight to extend the series?

I say yes but it gonna be tough vs a very good pitcher in Sabathia

Sox 3-2 to extend to a game 6

lex
10-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Can they? Yes. Will they? Thats the real question. But I distinctly remember Becketts game 5 outing of the 2003 NLCS. He was lights out. He has looked good again this post season. Its a total coin flip though.

Kapaibro
10-18-2007, 07:43 PM
All tied up.

Youkilis homered, and Sizemore tied it up.

lex
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I thought that was a HR when Manny hit that ball that bounced back onto the field. It looks like it bounced off the corner/ledge of the platform behind the fence. The bounce was awfully high for a ball hitting a thick, soft pad.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Boston 4 - 1 in the bottom of the 7th.

Uncle Buck
10-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Med, I think they are gonna DO it! Thanks to Beckett! :salute:

Uncle Buck
10-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Well now, it's back to Fenway! The Sox, of course MUST win the sixth game in this series. Once accomplished, it's a level playing field.

Already, the talking heads are saying that this will be the lowest rated World Series since the invention of television, should it be the Rockies vs. the Indians. In that respect, I would rather get beat by the Sox than win over the Indians.

Not really. I just want this to be a BIG world series. And, of course, I want the Rox to WIN!

And, believe you me, this is not gonna be easy.

anton...
10-19-2007, 12:22 AM
i hope not...

i hate the botox red suckers!!
________
Recall Nexium (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

BroncoBJ
10-19-2007, 05:31 AM
I knew they would win.

They will also come back and win the Series.

Indians suck :elefant:

Medford Bronco
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
i hope not...

i hate the botox red suckers!!

Mr. Statsny be nice to Med,

Here is a pepsi to cheer you up :pepsi: :lol:;)

Medford Bronco
10-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I knew they would win.

They will also come back and win the Series.

Indians suck :elefant:

Hey one of my fav posters from BM

I cant give you double cps here:laugh:

the series is Far from over but I think its going 7 IMO

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM

I cant give you double cps here:laugh:

Question Med - if this series does go 7, who do you think it will favor - the Rockies or Boston/Cleveland? Everyone here is talking about the long layoff the Rockies will have before the series starts, but I would think that if this series goes 7, it may favor the Rockies, as they will be rested/healed, etc. What do you think?

Medford Bronco
10-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Question Med - if this series does go 7, who do you think it will favor - the Rockies or Boston/Cleveland? Everyone here is talking about the long layoff the Rockies will have before the series starts, but I would think that if this series goes 7, it may favor the Rockies, as they will be rested/healed, etc. What do you think?

Well it really all depends on how much of the pitching staff gets used for both either Cleveland or Boston,

If Boston wins and Beckett is rested, I like Bostons chances

IF the Inidans win and their bullpen is rested, I like their chances as well.

I am not going to be popular with this but I still think the AL is much better than the NL, facing tougher lineups etc. The Rockies are on fire now and anything can happen but ultimately I like the AL to win in 6 or 7 games.

The Indians/Sox lineups are so much better than Arizona and Philly its not even funny..

Ready to get flamed now :ahhhhh::laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Well it really all depends on how much of the pitching staff gets used for both either Cleveland or Boston,

If Boston wins and Beckett is rested, I like Bostons chances

IF the Inidans win and their bullpen is rested, I like their chances as well.

I am not going to be popular with this but I still think the AL is much better than the NL, facing tougher lineups etc. The Rockies are on fire now and anything can happen but ultimately I like the AL to win in 6 or 7 games.

The Indians/Sox lineups are so much better than Arizona and Philly its not even funny..

Ready to get flamed now :ahhhhh::laugh:

No flaming here, but the Rockies defense has been GREAT, regardless of which team is hitting the ball to them.

Medford Bronco
10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
No flaming here, but the Rockies defense has been GREAT, regardless of which team is hitting the ball to them.

Not by you Carol ;)

others think the AL is not good and IMO they are way off base.

Yes the Rox have played awesome and seem like a team of destiny
but I think its gonna be tough no matter who they play and
also have to start on the road as well.

just my take

I see a 6 or 7 game series, either way. No sweeps

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Not by you Carol ;)

others think the AL is not good and IMO they are way off base.

Yes the Rox have played awesome and seem like a team of destiny
but I think its gonna be tough no matter who they play and
also have to start on the road as well.

just my take

I see a 6 or 7 game series, either way. No sweeps

Obviously we will just have to wait and see how it all plays out. The Rockies, BY FAR, have exceeded all expectations of them this year, so far. No reason to not exceed to the limit.:elefant:

BroncoBJ
10-21-2007, 02:18 AM

I cant give you double cps here:

:elefant:

And yep the series is going 7.
and Dice pitches much better at home.

I said Boston would win 16-3 in game 6. It was a lot closer then I thought it would. :lol:

I will say the final score for game 7 will be 6-4. :salute:
I'm not saying who because I'm just gonna root for who I want anyways :elefant:

But I really hope the Rockies beat the AL Team.

BigBroncLove
10-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I really hope Cleveland wins in game 7. Those sox are a scary team and the way Youkilis, Ortiz, and Ramirez are hitting, in the thin air of Coors field, I think it will be a very tough group. I also think the Sox have the best pitching group of the two. They worry me, the sox, and while both they and the indians are solid teams the red sox cause more concern IMO.

Lets hope the Rockies are staying active. I know this layoff could be causing mroe problems then helping. If Cleveland wins in game 7 its the perfect scenario though IMO. We dogde a bullet by bypassing the sox, and the Indians will be a little winded having to go the full seven game stretch. If the Sox win it... they could be riding a wave of enthusiasm they had in their championhip year (whihc might negate the wave the Rockeis are riding).

One things for sure htough, neither of these teams are nearly the equals defensively as the Rockeis :D.

Medford Bronco
10-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I really hope Cleveland wins in game 7. Those sox are a scary team and the way Youkilis, Ortiz, and Ramirez are hitting, in the thin air of Coors field, I think it will be a very tough group. I also think the Sox have the best pitching group of the two. They worry me, the sox, and while both they and the indians are solid teams the red sox cause more concern IMO.

Lets hope the Rockies are staying active. I know this layoff could be causing mroe problems then helping. If Cleveland wins in game 7 its the perfect scenario though IMO. We dogde a bullet by bypassing the sox, and the Indians will be a little winded having to go the full seven game stretch. If the Sox win it... they could be riding a wave of enthusiasm they had in their championhip year (whihc might negate the wave the Rockeis are riding).

One things for sure htough, neither of these teams are nearly the equals defensively as the Rockeis :D.

very true defensively the Rox are good
but Boston and Cleveland cause much much bigger probs
than the Phils or D Backs that is for sure.

AL baseball vs NL baseball is much tougher with facing Ortiz or Haeffner in the AL ballparks etc.

BigBroncLove
10-21-2007, 10:41 PM
very true defensively the Rox are good
but Boston and Cleveland cause much much bigger probs
than the Phils or D Backs that is for sure.

AL baseball vs NL baseball is much tougher with facing Ortiz or Haeffner in the AL ballparks etc.

I agree completely. PErsonally I think either the Indians or Sox have an adge on the Rockies, but I don't think the Rockeis cannot do it. The Sox winning it have the big hits and pitching staff on their side. The Rockies have the defensive play and the fact that their whole lineup can contribute (where the Sox don't seem able to). It iwll be a good matchup, but I am worried about those Sox personally. The Rockeis will be playing in a cramped field, which they arn't used to in the NL, and big walls at Fenway. The Sox will have the thin air and big hitters in Denver.

None the less I have faith. Win it Rockies!

Medford Bronco
10-21-2007, 11:41 PM
I agree completely. PErsonally I think either the Indians or Sox have an adge on the Rockies, but I don't think the Rockeis cannot do it. The Sox winning it have the big hits and pitching staff on their side. The Rockies have the defensive play and the fact that their whole lineup can contribute (where the Sox don't seem able to). It iwll be a good matchup, but I am worried about those Sox personally. The Rockeis will be playing in a cramped field, which they arn't used to in the NL, and big walls at Fenway. The Sox will have the thin air and big hitters in Denver.

None the less I have faith. Win it Rockies!

I expect a great series but IMO the Sox are a better team with the pitching
but if Colorado wins I will not be suprised.

I am ready to be flamed to the hills here:laugh:

Uncle Buck
10-21-2007, 11:59 PM
I expect a great series but IMO the Sox are a better team with the pitching
but if Colorado wins I will not be suprised.

I am ready to be flamed to the hills here:laugh:

Hey, if anyone has the notion of flaming YOU, they have to go through ME!
Great championship series for the Bo Sox, my friend! :salute: This last game was so exciting, that I forgot that I live in Colorado! Now I just hafta get that Frankenstein image of your great closer, Papelbon, out of my head, in case we are facing the monster at some crucial point late in the upcoming Series! :D (Yeah, I know that the game was already in the can before he came on deck for the final winning outs, but you know what I mean)

Oh, And the Broncos won. What a Sunday night!! :elefant: