PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Broncos QB wouldn’t mind if No. 18 reissued

Broncos Mtnman
03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
DENVER (AP)—The only player to ever wear No. 18 for the Denver Broncos wants to make the jersey available again for Peyton Manning.

Maybe that will lure the four-time MVP to the Mile High City.

Frank Tripucka wore that number for three seasons in the early 1960s, when he was the first quarterback in club history.

read the rest...... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbroncosretiredjersey)

wayninja
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Out with the old and in with the old.

Nomad
03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Manning will be wearing #16 for the Titans.

Dzone
03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Real Bronco fans hate the thought of Manning sullying the legend of Tripuka

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Real Bronco fans hate the thought of Manning sullying the legend of Tripuka

Real Bronco fans would love to see a QB lead us to a potential Super Bowl again and not have to hope our defense flukes us out
and we ride our offense from college from when Tripuka played.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Real Bronco fans would love to see a QB lead us to a potential Super Bowl again and not have to hope our defense flukes us out
and we ride our offense from college from when Tripuka played.

Hooray! Last year sucked! Manning will save us all! Denver Broncos 2012 Superbowl champions, Guaranteed!

Dzone
03-15-2012, 12:45 AM
I would like to see Manning wear number 0 like George Plimpton in Paper Lion.

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Hooray! Last year sucked! Manning will save us all! Denver Broncos 2012 Superbowl champions, Guaranteed!

I said a potential SB. Last year if looked objectively was so flukey it is not even funny.

Win over Chicago with Marian Barber giving a help.
Getting onsides kick vs Miami and scoring 15 pts in less than 5 min.
Jets puking on themselves and Tebow getting one dirve
Win over Pitt where bascially Pitt put 9 in the box. Any 3rd stringer can compete one on one passes deep when
the guys were so wide open it is not even funny.

So to bring in a legend who is better than anything we have had since Elway is not a reason to get at least hopeful, then
you are just being a Teboite or just not even looking at any evidence of what happened.

I would take Matt Hasselback if Manning goes to Tenn at this point. He can make NFL throws and not run and hope his option offense
can win in the NFL.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 01:41 AM
I said a potential SB.

Don't we already have a potential trophy case filled with potential SB trophies? In fact, I think we won one of those last year.

Win over Chicago with Marian Barber giving a help.
Getting onsides kick vs Miami and scoring 15 pts in less than 5 min.
Jets puking on themselves and Tebow getting one dirve
Win over Pitt where bascially Pitt put 9 in the box. Any 3rd stringer can compete one on one passes deep when
the guys were so wide open it is not even funny.

We still had to win those games, it's not like the final score favored the opponents and the refs just overruled it and gave us the W....

Stuff happens in lots of games, it's not like we were always getting breaks. We got breaks at good times, but we got more than our fair share of bad calls, bad plays, and bad luck along the way too. Let's not be so focused on the timing that we ignore everything in between.

So to bring in a legend who is better than anything we have had since Elway is not a reason to get at least hopeful, then
you are just being a Teboite or just not even looking at any evidence of what happened.

yeah, yeah, I like the Broncos QB, therefore I'm not a Broncos fan or however it goes these days. I'm all for bringing in Manning, but folks are acting like a Championship is in the bag if we do. Some folks don't even care about the fact that he's only got a few years left and then where does that leave us? Best case scenario it's 1997/98 all over again except we don't have Sharpe, TD, Atwater, Eddie Mac etc etc.

And after all of this money and time, we will probably end up right back where we were on the merry-go-round of QOTF's. I like the thought of winning, I'm just not so keen on mortgaging the future for a shot at it when I don't see us just missing a QB.

And what if we don't get him? How many QB's are we going to attract after we show that we are ditch happy even when you win?

I would take Matt Hasselback if Manning goes to Tenn at this point. He can make NFL throws and not run and hope his option offense
can win in the NFL.

It's a good thing you aren't calling the shots then, I guess.