View Full Version : Mike Adams

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2012, 07:18 PM
OK...enough about u no who.

We are talking to Mike Adams, S, Cleveland Browns

Discuss

slim
03-14-2012, 07:19 PM
If he's not good enough for Cleveland, why would we want him?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2012, 07:21 PM
He's a solid player from what I remember about him. Doesn't get smoked like Merriweather and has solid stats. Cleveland had a very solid defense last year and he was a starter. I think he's a solid vet option to help alomg the 2 rooks. Not my 1st choice, but solid.

chazoe60
03-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Is he Bud Adams' nephew? Speaking of Bud Adams, did you know that rat is gonna steal Manning from us?

chazoe60
03-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Just messin around BTW.

turftoad
03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
If he's not good enough for Cleveland, why would we want him?

I read somewhere that Cleveland was really hoping to resign him. Must be OK. I mean if he can play and compete, even win a starting job, I'd be OK with that.

slim
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
I read somewhere that Cleveland was really hoping to resign him. Must be OK. I mean if he can play and compete, even win a starting job, I'd be OK with that.

Yeah, I don't really know anything about him.

He can't be any worse the Rahim Moore, I guess.

BroncoStud
03-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Cleveland was top 10 against the pass last year but near the bottom against the run. He's a solid player and would be an immediate upgrade for us.

igoe4broncos
03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
We could do worse.

pipes
03-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that the Broncos wanted to acquire a veteran safety that could hit.

Adams has 2 career forced fumbles. :confused:

pipes
03-14-2012, 10:23 PM
We could do worse.

What?! You mean like Sam Brandon, Renaldo Hill, Kenoy Kennedy, Hamzah Abdullah, Calvin Lowery, etc...

dogfish
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
damn it, smiley!

i was at least hoping we were meeting with the big OT from ohio state. . .

another aging stopgap at safety? same as it ever was, i guess. . .

RebelRocker
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Is he Bud Adams' nephew? Speaking of Bud Adams, did you know that rat is gonna steal Manning from us?

Well, he is a senile old *******.

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 12:24 AM
I thought we were trying to sign Merriweather?

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:43 AM
I thought we were trying to sign Merriweather?

We were weighing in on who sucked less. Meriweather would always suck more. One of the biggest bums I have seen ever on the football player. Its a joke that he is even still in the league that turd in shoulderpads.

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 12:51 AM
We were weighing in on who sucked less. Meriweather would always suck more. One of the biggest bums I have seen ever on the football player. Its a joke that he is even still in the league that turd in shoulderpads.

I thought we were extremely thin at DB and S. Not sure why were are not bringing in more FAs at least for interviews.

Personally I like Laron Landry....injuries and all. If he could just stay healthy he would be dangerous.

Landry and Tracy Porter would bolster our secondary.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Man, we are really aggressively pursuing top notch shit!

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Other than Favre oops I meant Manning, who are we pursuing at all?

wayninja
03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Other than Favre oops I meant Manning, who are we pursuing at all?

What are you talking about??? We have a shot at both Meriweather AND Adams! **** me if that isn't sexy.

SOCALORADO.
03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Adams is a huge upgrade over anyone DEN has.
CLEs backfield wasnt bad, it was up front that they blew.
Pair Adams at FS with Carter at SS, and DEN is set at Safety.

CoachChaz
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM

I thought we were extremely thin at DB and S. Not sure why were are not bringing in more FAs at least for interviews.

Personally I like Laron Landry....injuries and all. If he could just stay healthy he would be dangerous.

Landry and Tracy Porter would bolster our secondary.

Landry will be an Eagle...Porter a Ram.

I want to see Lofton and McClain coming for visits

camdisco24
03-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Sounds like Mike Adams to Denver is a done deal!

I like this signing.

Nick
03-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Great pick up, Solid overall person and player. While he is not phenomenal he is nor bad. He is an average overall person in the league and gives it his all. That is not a bad thing and we need consistency back there.

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Mike Pops Adams‏@MDOTADAMS20Reply

clev didnt offer a contract for me 2 stay, so now im a Bronco. I went hard every play 4 u clev! I will miss that locker room, and the fans!

Nick
03-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Mike Pops Adams‏@MDOTADAMS20Reply

clev didnt offer a contract for me 2 stay, so now im a Bronco. I went hard every play 4 u clev! I will miss that locker room, and the fans!

Just reading through his twitter and like him as an overall person even more. Talks on there a lot and really interacts with a lot of people.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 05:37 PM
This is a good signing. It was a need and we filled it. Now to LB and DT.

Dzone
03-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Everyone loves Mike Adams! He's a swell guy! Great addition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40HeTUizIQ

dogfish
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
come on, smilin', where ya at??

RebelRocker
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Just reading through his twitter and like him as an overall person even more. Talks on there a lot and really interacts with a lot of people.

I think he'll replace Royal as the Broncos' "fan favorite" for social media, assuming Royal signs with Wash or sigh, San Diego(visisted them and was taking a physical with Chargers).

NightTerror218
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Seems like a solid stop gap to see if our 2 young safeties can come around.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 07:01 PM
come on, smilin', where ya at??

I actually like this one.

Local Browns fans actually like him.

I save "you know what" for those signings that I see as less than stellar.

hotcarl
03-15-2012, 07:02 PM
im just glad he twitters alot and hes a good person, that should be worth like five wins.... i dont care if we win as long as everyone is nice.... thats the name of the game in the NFL, cant wait for the tweets!!!

BORDERLINE
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
dude really. I watch more football than your average joe. And this guy never has popped out at me at all. A regular player on a bottom feeding team and they did not want to keep him raises some flags. With that said we needed a safety regardless if DAWK will not be back so. This IS where I have trust in EFX and CO. to make the talent decisions.

Magnificent Seven
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Cool Int. Check this out.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8228b0ac/Adams-INT-seals-Browns-win

dogfish
03-15-2012, 08:17 PM

gotcha-- i wasn't sure of the specifics. . . :D

as for adams. . . enh, he's alright-- i knew we would bring in a vet safety, and that there wasn't going to be a ton to choose from. . . if his coverage skills are intact, hopefully he can adequately man free safety for a couple years, and let carter play in the box more. . . end of the day, though, he's yet another safety on the wrong side of thirty, who we'll be looking to replace in two years as his skills and range diminish. . . and we'll likley end up keeping him three or four, and complaining about his lack of speed the last couple years. . . kind of a familiar pattern here, but the other options are limited when you spend a pair of seconds and get such dramatic flameouts as mcbath and moore (sorry, i hold out much more hope for carter). . .

frankly, i wouldn't care if we actually found one or two decent young talents at some of our other need spots, for once. . . i just get sick of the constant roster churning. . . bringing in vet stopgaps is fine, as long as you're drafting usable replacements who can take over in a year or two-- but when you're bringing in a bunch of those guys as starters, with no long-term plan in sight, you tend to end up with the consistently talent-poor type of roster that we've been working with. . .

i look at guys like justin bannan, jamaal williams, jarvis green, andra davis, andre goodman, correll buckhalter, mcgahee, fells, and plenty of others, and we really never developed long term solutions behind any of them. . .

if the friggin' FO would just loosen up the purse strings a little damn bit, they could still go grab a couple of players like jameel mcclain, tracy porter, mike tolbert, david hawthorne or michael robinson. . . instead of trying to squeeze another ten or twelve games over the next two years out of brokedick old guys like marcus trufant and ty warren. . .

Jsteve01
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM

gotcha-- i wasn't sure of the specifics. . . :D

as for adams. . . enh, he's alright-- i knew we would bring in a vet safety, and that there wasn't going to be a ton to choose from. . . if his coverage skills are intact, hopefully he can adequately man free safety for a couple years, and let carter play in the box more. . . end of the day, though, he's yet another safety on the wrong side of thirty, who we'll be looking to replace in two years as his skills and range diminish. . . and we'll likley end up keeping him three or four, and complaining about his lack of speed the last couple years. . . kind of a familiar pattern here, but the other options are limited when you spend a pair of seconds and get such dramatic flameouts as mcbath and moore (sorry, i hold out much more hope for carter). . .

frankly, i wouldn't care if we actually found one or two decent young talents at some of our other need spots, for once. . . i just get sick of the constant roster churning. . . bringing in vet stopgaps is fine, as long as you're drafting usable replacements who can take over in a year or two-- but when you're bringing in a bunch of those guys as starters, with no long-term plan in sight, you tend to end up with the consistently talent-poor type of roster that we've been working with. . .

i look at guys like justin bannan, jamaal williams, jarvis green, andra davis, andre goodman, correll buckhalter, mcgahee, fells, and plenty of others, and we really never developed long term solutions behind any of them. . .

if the friggin' FO would just loosen up the purse strings a little damn bit, they could still go grab a couple of players like jameel mcclain, tracy porter, mike tolbert, david hawthorne or michael robinson. . . instead of trying to squeeze another ten or twelve games over the next two years out of brokedick old guys like marcus trufant and ty warren. . .

I knew it

Dapper Dan
03-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Speaking of social media, I'm still blocked by Robert Ayers. *******.

Jsteve01
03-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Speaking of social media, I'm still blocked by Robert Ayers. *******.

How the hell did u pull that off?

broncs
03-15-2012, 10:00 PM
The most defective position last season was safety

MIKE ADAMS:a sure tackler,one of the best cover safeties around, QB rating allowed 51.2

nice job management

pnbronco
03-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Listen to him on the radio today and really liked what I heard. He sounds like a person that wants to give 110 %. I look forward to seeing him in person.