PDA

View Full Version : One Thing that we all must remember, we are just fans

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
As much as this sucks that our team has become a laughingstock

IMHO we all must remember that we are just fans and have NO control over whether Jay stays or goes, who McD wants as his Qb or any other postion, etc.

In the long run, I hope (trying to be a glass is half full guy, which is hard for me living in NE :lol: ) That our team will be better off hopefully after a couple of years. Remember the "star" QB in NE Drew Bledsoe, who actually led his team to a Super Bowl and has a "strong" arm was eventually beaten out By Brady who is a self made QB and is one of the best I have ever seen. (hate NE but resepect the talent of a true winner as I do). Brady is better than Bledosoe ever was and ever will be IMHO

Maybe McD might have some better plans that work out, who knows, Right now he has coached Zero games for us, so it is hard to judge him on what is incomplete roster will look like.

I still think he ****ed this up and could have been better off working with Jay, but that road appears to be over and I am ready to move on without Jay. Sorry the Broncos come first to me, not vice-versa over a player.

My favorite hockey player Ron Francis, who has more class in his pinkie than Jay ever will, was traded from my beloved Whalers in 1991, I did root for him when he went to Pitt and succeed, he eventually reconciled with the franchise and helped them become a big league team with respect in Carolina and is a huge part of their current success.

I stuck with the Whalers and now the Canes to this day. I am loyal to my teams no matter what and will always support them, (even if they move to another city like the Whalers did)

(yes i know hockey sucks to most, maybe the 5 fans here might like the analogy)

If you love the Broncos which most do, you might hate this with Cutler but you will get over it eventually and root for them like you always do. I am sure I am not alone in this view.

I am curious on everyones thoughts here. I am ready for the :flame: :target: as well. :lol:

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I liked Nut saying how Plunkett was Indian. I wouldn't mind a QB with some Indian blood, but not as much as Plunkett. Maybe like San Bradford. And maybe if that happens Mile High can start selling fry bread straight out of the Kiva Ovens.

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I liked Nut saying how Plunkett was Indian. I wouldn't mind a QB with some Indian blood, but not as much as Plunkett. Maybe like San Bradford. And maybe if that happens Mile High can start selling fry bread straight out of the Kiva Ovens.

I would not mind a QB that is smart and can be clutch when it counts and not melt when facing adversity on and off the field.

We all face adversity in life, its how you handle it that defines you.

We still need a D as well.

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I would not mind a QB that is smart and can be clutch when it counts and not melt when facing adversity on and off the field.

We all face adversity in life, its how you handle it that defines you.

We still need a D as well.

Well, you and I are different. I judge people based on the color and rudiness of their skin.

I also don't like large pores.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I can relate, Med. between Aggies football and even worse...Orioles baseball...I'm use to pathetic teams.

lex
04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Why do people always feel the need to get up on a soap box and lecture perspective to everyone else?

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Why do people always feel the need to get up on a soap box and lecture perspective to everyone else?

lex if you do not like the thread, leave. Thanks:coffee:

no one put a gun to your head to post here

Also its my OPINION not fact and I never said it was right. but whatever go get banned again. :coffee:

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:38 AM

I dont know cory boyd. Why is that?

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
I dont know cory boyd. Why is that?

cause you do not study obscure college players that might play in the NFL for
one second UR

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM

That's just a fancy way of saying no to darker skinned black and latino qbs. You and I have more in common than you think Medford. :beer:

lex
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
lex if you do not like the thread, leave. Thanks:coffee:

no one put a gun to your head to post here

Also its my OPINION not fact and I never said it was right. but whatever go get banned again. :coffee:

Unfortunately when you start a thread at a message bored you invite input from those who disagree with you. Maybe you should just start threads with that in mind going forward. Thanks.

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately when you start a thread at a message bored you invite input from those who disagree with you. Maybe you should just start threads with that in mind going forward. Thanks.

okay

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
why do people on this forum drink coffee when they are trying to be snotty? Is that like a badass thing to do or something?

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
That's just a fancy way of saying no to darker skinned black and latino qbs. You and I have more in common than you think Medford. :beer:

I don't mind spanish blood, nut. But not Puerto Rican or anything south of Guatemala.

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't mind spanish blood, nut. But not Puerto Rican or anything south of Guatemala.

did you know that Mexico is part of North America? I did not know that, but a Mexican colleague of mine (Gosh, I'm so embarrassed to say that) informed me of that.

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:48 AM
did you know that Mexico is part of North America? I did not know that, but a Mexican colleague of mine (Gosh, I'm so embarrassed to say that) informed me of that.

Yeah, they are like our Somalia. Well, them or Haiti.

tubby
04-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Valid. Why do people feel the need to be megadouches?

GEM
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM

Pot, meet kettle.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
why do people on this forum drink coffee when they are trying to be snotty? Is that like a badass thing to do or something?

Please post your thoughts in this thread so we can get enough support to get rid of it. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32693

lex
04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Pot, meet kettle.

When have I lectured to anyone to not become overengrossed in anything?

Rex
04-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Lex drinks coffee at Wrigley field when it is cold to stay warm while MLB is intentionally screwing the Cubs over with scheduling.

lex
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Lex drinks coffee at Wrigley field when it is cold to stay warm while MLB is intentionally screwing the Cubs over with scheduling.

I dont think the scheduling was as bad this year. Id have to look at the schedule again though. I havent really been feeling the baseball season.

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Please post your thoughts in this thread so we can get enough support to get rid of it. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32693

I think someone on the forum should start a thread on the effective use of smileys in posting. That would be very helpful to the site. :elefant:

GEM
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
When have I lectured to anyone to not become overengrossed in anything?

You lecture your point of view, shove it down others throats and then when they don't agree with you, you belittle them.

In other words....you get on your soapbox and lecture perspective to everyone and now you are calling out another poster for the same thing....

Hence,

Pot, meet kettle.

skycoyote
04-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah we're just the customer. No need for the customer when we make the taxpayer pay the bills.

lex
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
You lecture your point of view, shove it down others throats and then when they don't agree with you, you belittle them.

In other words....you get on your soapbox and lecture perspective to everyone and now you are calling out another poster for the same thing....

Hence,

Pot, meet kettle.

At what point does voicing a point of view become "getting on the soap box"? This seems like a very slippery slope...very arbitrary. Im just curious to know where you feel that line precisely is so that going forward I can pin you down to your own words and refer back to this.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I think someone on the forum should start a thread on the effective use of smileys in posting. That would be very helpful to the site. :elefant:

You should get to use each smiley only a couple times per day if you go over that you should be charged. That way if people want to keep using the coffee smiley they will be penalized and help pay to run the site.

lex
04-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah we're just the customer. No need for the customer when we make the taxpayer pay the bills.

No kidding. Its funny how when Pat wants a stadium, its our team but when he wants to make the team thoroughly unlikeable, its his team.

GEM
04-02-2009, 12:05 PM
At what point does voicing a point of view become "getting on the soap box"? This seems like a very slippery slope...very arbitrary. Im just curious to know where you feel that line precisely is so that going forward I can pin you down to your own words and refer back to this.

Why are you so offended with this? It was just an opinion, after all.

Getting on a soap box was your choice of words. Med was voicing an opinion. You call it a soap box.

I just found it funny coming from you, who has his own soap box.

lex
04-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Why are you so offended with this? It was just an opinion, after all.

Getting on a soap box was your choice of words. Med was voicing an opinion. You call it a soap box.

I just found it funny coming from you, who has his own soap box.

Who said Im offended? Whether Im offended or not, Id still like to pin you down on where you draw the line that I mentioned. Again, Id like to know this so going forward, I can refer back to your own definition. Why are you so apprehensive to define this after you went down this "pot/kettle" path? Are you afraid that you will contradict yourself?

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Valid. Why do people feel the need to be megadouches?

Is Lex a douche? I was kinda starting to like him.

If he is a douche, I will certainly join in on this attack. Just let me know.

tia

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 12:15 PM
You should get to use each smiley only a couple times per day if you go over that you should be charged. That way if people want to keep using the coffee smiley they will be penalized and help pay to run the site.

that's a great idea. and if they use the coffee smiley like 2 times, they should us a potty smiley or one that has them peeing in there pants because there is no way some of these posters can be drinking that much coffee without going to the bathroom :coffee:

GEM
04-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Who said Im offended? Whether Im offended or not, Id still like to pin you down on where you draw the line that I mentioned. Again, Id like to know this so going forward, I can refer back to your own definition. Why are you so apprehensive to define this after you went down this "pot/kettle" path? Are you afraid that you will contradict yourself?

I'm pretty sure I already explained it. Do I need to walk you through what it is to be on a soap box? Because I think you already know the definition since you said Med was "on a soap box" Pot, Meet Kettle means that what you said about someone else has the same truth in you.

I have no fears in my opinion of you, Lex. Why should I....it's an opinion. In my OPINION...you come across as arrogant, you don't listen to others opinions, you don't find worth in anyone else's opinion besides your own and you belittle others for having an opinion of their own.

Funny how 3 small words bother you so much.

Flatinum
04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I can relate, Med. between Aggies football and even worse...Orioles baseball...I'm use to pathetic teams.

Not as pathetic as mine -

NFL - Broncos (no playoffs for 3 seasons and counting)
NHL - Maple Leafs (no po for 4 seasons and no titles in 42yrs)
MLB - Cincinnati (no post season in - I stopped counting in 2000)
NCAA FB - Notre Dame (no comment)
NCAA BB - Notre Dame (only decent team in the bunch)

That's my sportsworld in a nutshell. Sucks to be me when it comes to pro and college sports.

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM

Lex, I have looked into your files and have noticed that you have not made any friends yet, yet you have more than 4000 posts. This indicates to me that you are not acclimating yourself as "normal" (for lack of a better term) people would. Statistically, you are somewhat of an outlier. Is there anything you want to discuss?

weazel
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

lex
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I already explained it. Do I need to walk you through what it is to be on a soap box? Because I think you already know the definition since you said Med was "on a soap box" Pot, Meet Kettle means that what you said about someone else has the same truth in you.

Yes, I would like you to specify what to you differs from being on a soapbox vs. voicing an opinion. Im not asking for my own definition.

I have no fears in my opinion of you, Lex. Why should I....it's an opinion. In my OPINION...you come across as arrogant, you don't listen to others opinions, you don't find worth in anyone else's opinion besides your own and you belittle others for having an opinion of their own.

Funny how 3 small words bother you so much.

That's nice. Im still waiting for an answer.

Devilspawn
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Is Nut going by Plunkett's looks or is he climbing way up the family tree.

Plunkett is Mexican. If he's Native American, the relations are distant, from what I remember.

GEM
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes, I would like you to specify what to you differs from being on a soapbox vs. voicing an opinion. Im not asking for my own definition.

That's nice. Im still waiting for an answer.

Voicing an opinion- Saying something that is on your mind and expecting a conversation of others opinions in regards to your own.

Soapbox- Saying something that is on your mind and expecting everyone else to take that opinion as fact and not say anything that differs from that opinion. And if they do happen to have a different opinion, belittle them.

lex
04-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Voicing an opinion- Saying something that is on your mind and expecting a conversation of others opinions in regards to your own.

Soapbox- Saying something that is on your mind and expecting everyone else to take that opinion as fact and not say anything that differs from that opinion. And if they do happen to have a different opinion, belittle them.

Thats not much of a distinction. There are too many conditions that fall through the cracks, lending itself to inconsistencies. For example, what if someone voices and opinion, expects feedback, and then reacts negatively to differint opinions? Your definition is kind of wishy-washy. But I dont really feel like waiting for you to carefully craft something further that you feel is both sufficiently vague and specific as it fits this specific confrontation. And because I have no interest in seeing you fall all over yourseld coming up with a better, a less-than-feeble explanation, Im going to acknowledge it and accept it as lame as it is.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Why are continuously banned dick heads allowed to keep coming back?

weazel
04-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Not as pathetic as mine -

NFL - Broncos (no playoffs for 3 seasons and counting)
NHL - Maple Leafs (no po for 4 seasons and no titles in 42yrs)
MLB - Cincinnati (no post season in - I stopped counting in 2000)
NCAA FB - Notre Dame (no comment)
NCAA BB - Notre Dame (only decent team in the bunch)

That's my sportsworld in a nutshell. Sucks to be me when it comes to pro and college sports.

nice

NFL - Broncos
NHL - Blackhawks - longest without a cup, and first year to make playoffs in over a decade
MLB - Toronto - probably will never make the playoffs again
NCAA - Miami
wouldnt watch basketball to save my life

Nomad
04-02-2009, 01:15 PM
nice

NFL - Broncos
NHL - Blackhawks - longest without a cup, and first year to make playoffs since 93
NCAA - Miami

Mariners will give them a run for their money!!:D

Requiem / The Dagda
04-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Dude, Lex you brought the Louisville Slugger with you today. . . I see you even have metal tipped cleats on. Nice touch.

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats not much of a distinction. There are too many conditions that fall through the cracks, lending itself to inconsistencies. For example, what if someone voices and opinion, expects feedback, and then reacts negatively to differint opinions? Your definition is kind of wishy-washy. But I dont really feel like waiting for you to carefully craft something further that you feel is both sufficiently vague and specific as it fits this specific confrontation. And because I have no interest in seeing you fall all over yourseld coming up with a better, a less-than-feeble explanation, Im going to acknowledge it and accept it as lame as it is.

lol. good lord. comeon Lex. let it go.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
NFL - Obvious
NHL - Stars....suck
MLB - Orioles...11 straight losing seasons
NBA - Mavericks...heading back to oblivion
NCAA FB - Texas A&M...pathetic
NCAA BB - TAMU...sadly enough, probably the most consistent winner of all the teams I listed

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
NFL - duh
NHL - Avalanche (2nd worst record in the league right now)
MLB - Rockies, but I don't really care for baseball unless I'm coaching my son's team
NBA - Nuggets. Finally making a run with a good team that wants to play defense
NCAA Football - University of Colorado Buffalos. Jury out.

Yeah. I'm a homer.

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
nice

NFL - Broncos
NHL - Blackhawks - longest without a cup, and first year to make playoffs in over a decade
NCAA - Miami

I like the Blackhawks as well and always have. Denis Savard is one of my all time favorite players.

I hope you guys win the West, you have the talent to do so, but do you have the Goaltending. Is Kabibulin (sp) healthy. Huet is a choker in the playoffs IMHO. Good reg season goalie but sucks in the clutch.

as most avs fans here and some others will attest, anybody but the Wings:D

Mike
04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
NFL - duh
MLB - Rockies, but I don't really care for baseball unless I'm coaching my son's team

Yeah. I'm a homer.

That's my list as well, minus the Buffs. Can't support anything from Boulder. ;)

Actually, I support CU, CSU, and AF.

turftoad
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
NFL - duh

Yeah. I'm a homer.

You and I are to much alike Joe. :D

Except for the baldness. Both our old ladies drive Liberty's also. :tsk:

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
That's my list as well, minus the Buffs. Can't support anything from Boulder. ;)

Actually, I support CU, CSU, and AF.

Right - CU is first, but I enjoy watching CSU and AF as well.

You and I are to much alike Joe. :D

Except for the baldness. Both our old ladies drive Liberty's also. :tsk:

:eek: Prepare for Armageddon! I bet you drive it occasionally.

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 02:08 PM
NFL - Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA - Boston Celtics
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
Golf - Tiger Woods
College Basketball - Kansas, for at least another four days.
College Football - Florida
NHL - Well, shit, I don't even know who won the cup.

:rolleyes:

turftoad
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
:eek: Prepare for Armageddon! I bet you drive it occasionally.

No, no I don't.

:behindsofa: