PDA

View Full Version : Is the Bronco brass jumping the gun?

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Do you guys feel the timing is right to trade Cutler or do you think the Bronco brass is jumping the gun? There are several players who aren't talking to the teams they are under contract to but they aren't being traded. Why is Denver in such a hurry to ship Cutler? These type situations happen every year at this time of year except most teams don't panic and initiate a trade. Opinions?

BroncoWave
04-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Do you guys feel the timing is right to trade Cutler or do you think the Bronco brass is jumping the gun? There are several players who aren't talking to the teams they are under contract to but they aren't being traded. Why is Denver in such a hurry to ship Cutler? These type situations happen every year at this time of year except most teams don't panic and initiate a trade. Opinions?

Because in all those other situations, it's not the star QB demanding a trade. Kinda hard for a team to function well when your most important player refuses to play for you.

tomjonesrocks
04-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I believe they are jumping the gun. Like you said, many franchises have not caved in these circumstances with far lesser players and have gotten good results. This trade is insanely risky--I have no idea what is going on with this organization anymore.

Good to be a Redskins fan though. The Redskins fans I know are really excited. Must be nice.

Thnikkaman
04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I think Bowlen is calling Cook/Cutlers bluff. I don't think he will be traded.

This will not happen, but I think the best case scenario is a restructuring of the rest of Cutler's contract with Denver that makes Cutler happy but has a condition in which Cutler needs to find a new agent.

Nomad
04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
I think Bowlen is calling Cook/Cutlers bluff. I don't think he will be traded.

This will not happen, but I think the best case scenario is a restructuring of the rest of Cutler's contract with Denver that makes Cutler happy but has a condition in which Cutler needs to find a new agent.

You may be right but I see the BRONCOS demanding a major attitude adjustment from Cutler and as you said it will start with getting rid of Bus Cook. Bowlen should let McD and Cutler duke it out letting the frustration out, then they can hug and move on.

To answer the thread, no the BRONCOS Brass hasn't jumped the gun and BTB pretty much says why.

Northman
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Uh, because Jay wants to be traded and isnt talking the Brass? Thought it was pretty obvious. :confused:

underrated29
04-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I think they are if what cutler said he really means. He doesnt want to go. Then good lets keep him. They can call off all trade negotiations.

What i would do is this: Find out the best trade scenario we can get IE-cambell 2 firsts laron landry- whatever. Then tell them ok we need 1 night to sleep on it.

Call jay- say ok this is our last chance we have a trade ready, but we really really want you here, Can you come in and talk for a few minutes just so we can get this whole thing behind us. Nothing major just so we know that you want to play here and you know we want you here.

They say yes i dont want to be traded, i like it here. Ok good, we want you as our QB. Ok i want to be the qb. Good then we have your word that you will not request a trade out of here and that you will show up and compete and everything just like this never happened. Yes, i will do all that, but i dont want to hear my name come up next year in a trade..Bits tongue and says ok you wont.

Good- then i am your qb-

YAY!

problem solved.

Nomad
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I think they are if what cutler said he really means. He doesnt want to go. Then good lets keep him. They can call off all trade negotiations.

What i would do is this: Find out the best trade scenario we can get IE-cambell 2 firsts laron landry- whatever. Then tell them ok we need 1 night to sleep on it.

Call jay- say ok this is our last chance we have a trade ready, but we really really want you here, Can you come in and talk for a few minutes just so we can get this whole thing behind us. Nothing major just so we know that you want to play here and you know we want you here.

They say yes i dont want to be traded, i like it here. Ok good, we want you as our QB. Ok i want to be the qb. Good then we have your word that you will not request a trade out of here and that you will show up and compete and everything just like this never happened. Yes, i will do all that, but i dont want to hear my name come up next year in a trade..Bits tongue and says ok you wont.

Good- then i am your qb-

YAY!

problem solved.

If he would be traded to the Redskins, Snyder would pay him what he wants plus some and this would also mean Cutler would have to swallow his pride with the tail between his legs going back to a coach he really dislikes. How many players would do this, probably none!! Loyality is out the window when it comes to pride and $$$$$

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Uh, because Jay wants to be traded and isnt talking the Brass? Thought it was pretty obvious. :confused:

yeah but there are several players who are doing the same thing and are not being traded. Again, this happens every year at this time of year, tis the season in the NFL.

weazel
04-02-2009, 10:56 AM
yes, they are jumping the gun that Cutler put to their heads and forced them to makea move.

LRtagger
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I thought they would have at least waited until mandatory camp to try to speak with him in person. If he didnt show up or the in-person didnt go well, then start trade negotiations.

Jay must have really done something to piss Bowlen off. Maybe Bowlen wanted to go out with Jay to a bar and Jay said no.

Either way, someone is lying out their ass here...I haven't held an opinion on the matter up until this point, but Jay shot himself in the foot telling Fox he never wanted to be traded. He let his emotions get the best of him and now he is regetting it IMO.

My biggest concern is that if Jay does reconcile with McD, what will happen the first time McD gets in Jay's face at practice or on the sidelines for making a mistake? Will Jay pout or will he learn from his mistakes? We have all heard about how Brady would get chewed out in practice in NE, so there is no doubt Jay will be getting reamed at some point in time.

Right now I don't feel that McD can have the type of command over Cutler that he needs to have without worrying about hurting Jay's feelings. It is what it is. Both parties are at fault over this mess, but at this point I just dont see how they can work together. Maybe I am wrong.

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
yeah but there are several players who are doing the same thing and are not being traded. Again, this happens every year at this time of year, tis the season in the NFL.

As already pointed out, Jay is a hotter commodity than any other player being traded. No one has the kind of value he does.

Traveler
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Denver isn't jumping the gun here. All they've announced is that they will entertain offers for the player.

They might wait till draft day to pull the trigger. As for now they are just setting the parameters for what they expect in return and will let the team(s) most intersted put together the best package.

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 12:07 PM
As already pointed out, Jay is a hotter commodity than any other player being traded. No one has the kind of value he does.

Denver has the leverage. As you said Jay is a hotter commodity than any other player that could be offered in trade and he still under contract for three more years. They don't have accept just any mickey mouse deal.

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 12:09 PM
yes, they are jumping the gun that Cutler put to their heads and forced them to makea move.

They don't have make this move, because he's still under contract.

Bill Devaroe
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM

Without knowing the entire story, it is not possible to have an educated opinion on this. Sheesh! Worst thread ever.:welcome:

In-com-plete
04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I believe they are jumping the gun. Like you said, many franchises have not caved in these circumstances with far lesser players and have gotten good results. This trade is insanely risky--I have no idea what is going on with this organization anymore.

Good to be a Redskins fan though. The Redskins fans I know are really excited. Must be nice.

No shit!

Everyone around here is all about Cutler. Funny considering the past 2 seasons I've actually had those same Skins fans tell me he's overrated and that Jason Campbell is better.

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
No shit!

Everyone around here is all about Cutler. Funny considering the past 2 seasons I've actually had those same Skins fans tell me he's overrated and that Jason Campbell is better.

I just hope we don't see first hand just how wrong they are.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
It's a tough question. If they were always planning to trade Cutler, then yes its a good time to do it so we get immediate compensation in the draft instead of 2010 draft picks.

But from what I've read and heard, Cutler was going to show up for the voluntary mini-camp here in 2 weeks. But there's what he says, and then there's what he does.

Very tough scenario...