PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Exclusive Interview-He Speaks!

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:47 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9403016/Cutler-speaks:-%27I-didn%27t-want-to-get-traded%27?MSNHPHMA

The Denver Broncos say Jay Cutler wants to get traded.

The star quarterback disagrees.

Cutler spoke exclusively Wednesday night with FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer at the UFC Fight Night 18 card in Nashville that both were attending. Cutler says he was shocked the Broncos issued a statement proclaiming he was on the block after conversations with agent Bus Cook.

"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon," Cutler told Glazer in his first comments since the statement was released. "I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. They [The Broncos] had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't."

"I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far."

In a team-issued statement Tuesday, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said his attempts and those by first-year head coach Josh McDaniels to reach Cutler for the past 10 days were "unsuccessful." But in what has turned into an obvious he-said, she-said situation, Cutler claims he is the one who had not heard from the Broncos during that time. Cutler said the first time he heard from the Broncos in 10 days was Tuesday when they informed him of their decision to trade him.

"A conversation with his agent earlier (Tuesday) clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Broncos," Bowlen said. "We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

So where does Cutler land? Cutler didn't proclaim a favorite but also believes Denver will end up trading him to an NFC team. It's believed Denver is considering all offers to move Cutler before the April 25 start to the NFL draft.

Cutler is being linked to a slew of suitors, even those with seemingly stable quarterback situations. The Broncos, though, aren't giving Cutler away. A source told FOXSports.com that the asking price is greater than a first- and third-round draft choice.

Any team that trades for Cutler also may have to deal with demands from Cook for a new contract. Cutler has three years remaining on a six-year rookie deal that could yield as much as $48 million.

A 2006 first-round draft choice, Cutler is coming off his first Pro Bowl appearance in 2008. Cutler had a 62.3 completion percentage, tossing 25 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in a 4,526-yard passing campaign. But the Broncos failed to reach the playoffs for a third consecutive season, leading to the offseason firing of 14-year head coach Mike Shanahan.

The Cutler-McDaniels pairing began to sour when the latter pursued a trade with New England for Cassel. The deal would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay as part of a three-way trade. Cassel — a McDaniels protege the past four seasons in New England — and Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel were instead shipped to Kansas City for a 2009 second-round pick.

McDaniels then wasn't able to rebuild a relationship with a quarterback who felt spurned. Cutler was so angry that he never reported for the team's offseason program — a decision that reportedly costing him a $100,000 workout incentive.

Chris Simms, a former Tampa Bay starter signed earlier this offseason, and the untested Darrell Hackney are the only other quarterbacks on Denver's roster. Both are participating in the team's offseason workout program.

Thread whiners not permitted :coffee:

Northman
04-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Cutler is full of shit.

slim
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
LMFAO...they called his bluff and now he is crapping his pants, again.

"I never wanted to be traded"? Then why the **** did you ask for a trade?

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Cutler is full of shit.

Probably. But McDaniels is a shit head also...

Shazam!
WAH WAH WAH POOR ME.

**** you Jay Cutler.

I have had it with this clown. Bring in someone and rid ourselves of him.

Day1BroncoFan
Which is it? He wants traded or not.

Someone, somewhere is lying.

Timmy!
Ya. I didn't want to get traded. I just told my agent to demand a trade to screw with the Broncos. Figured I'd not show up and forfeit my $100,000. Why? Because I'm Jay ******* Cutler bitches, and I'm a team leader and play for my teammates.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

Later Jay.

P.S. You haven't been traded yet. Way to make it past tense.....

weazel
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
punk.

GEM
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Just drop the phone records in the Denver Post's email inbox and let's get this ish over with.

:coffee:

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 10:53 PM
sounds like Cook went back door on his boy Jay.

weazel
"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon "

say's it all, right there.

Buff
Man's game.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM

I wonder...

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I would rather have a hungry, determined, dedicated lesser QB, even Chris Simms, who is all in for the team and to win than this piece of filth. Cutler lost all respect I had for him, and people who are still defending this guy to the edge of a cliff should now see something here. This here is proof it is all about his character. This is NOT all McDaniels fault. Maybe he didn't want a primadonna queen who is all Me Me Me as being more important than anyone else.

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Absolute bullshit, if any of this is true, all you McDaniels haters have to eat it. At least a little bit. This completely discredits Cutler.

The ONLY situation I can see this being true is if Cook took matters into his own hands and talked to Bowlen Tuesday without talking to Jay first. MAYBE Jay was coming around (i.e. packing his shit up to come to Dove Valley) and Bus Cook panicked and finalized it by speaking with Bowlen.

IDK, this sounds very iffy.

slim
I wonder...

But he went to Vanderbilt, he is too smart to fall for that.

UnderArmour
Okay Cutler, you didn't want to be traded. Now instead of talking to Fox Sports, please contact Mr. Bowlen and apologize so he can get you that new contract and we can all be happy. PLEASE!!! I really don't want *INSERT SCRUB HERE* as our quarterback.

getlynched47
I would rather have a hungry, determined, dedicated Chriss Simms who is all in for the team and to win than this piece of filth. Cutler lost all respect I had for him, and people who are still defending this guy to the edge of a cliff should now see something here. This here is proof it is all about his character. This is NOT all McDaniels fault. Maybe he didn't want a primadonna queen who is all Me Me Me as being more important than anyone else.

McDaniels shares just as much blame as Cutler does...

Northman
I think this is something that was setup by Cook. Some sort of damage control. They waited until Bowlen/McDaniels folded and then when the other teams showed interest Cook had Jay come out and start making statements to the contrary. Of course, after Cook said Jay wanted to be traded you never heard a peep from him regarding it until it was granted. Sorry, Jay is a straight punk and now he is lying to the Bronco fans. He is seriously starting to piss me off.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
But he went to Vanderbilt, he is too smart to fall for that.

Bus Cook is a lawyer. Lawyers are the most twisted people you can meet...

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
is everyone that works for the broncos organization bipolar these days?

Hoshdude7
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Why didn't cutler say he didn't want to be traded when it was reported that he supposedly asked for one weeks ago

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM

seems like something is has been floating around in there air over there. McDipShitCutlerBaby-itis :coffee:

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM

cook seriously screwed cutler. if cutler wants this salvadged then he's going to have to fire bus cook. i dont see it happening any other way. get a new agent, go back and eat humble pie and just play your ass off until your contract is up. when its up and you have actually brought us to the playoffs then you can askk for 100 mill contract. we WILL break the bank for you cutler....all you and mcdipshit and senile bowlen had to do was work it all out and WIN GAMES.

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM

present company excluded, of course.....:welcome:

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:00 PM

???

:confused:

slim
04-01-2009, 11:00 PM

:laugh:

If you say so.

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 11:01 PM
cook seriously screwed cutler. if cutler wants this salvadged then he's going to have to fire bus cook. i dont see it happening any other way. get a new agent, go back and eat humble pie and just play your ass off until your contract is up. when its up and you have actually brought us to the playoffs then you can askk for 100 mill contract. we WILL break the bank for you cutler....all you and mcdipshit and senile bowlen had to do was work it all out and WIN GAMES.

Bro, I've been reading your posts for weeks and this is the FIRST one that I completely agree with, kudos.

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 11:01 PM

No, he doesn't. As a matter of fact, this article, assuming it's a faithful and accurate representation of what Cutler actually said, pretty much proves that either Cutler is a complete liar and fraud or that his own agent has been playing him.

He didn't want to be traded, but he submitted a formal trade request. Brilliant!

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:02 PM
:laugh:

If you say so.

Brett Favre :coffee:......Steve McNair :coffee:

Bus Cook is twisted...he got into the brain of a naive, baby QB

http://www.buscook.com/content/blogcategory/4/6/

omac
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I think he's being honest that initially, like after the first phone call, where he said he plays for his teammates anyway, he didn't want to get traded. But it's obvious to everyone that after the face to face meeting, he wanted to get traded, and he said so. He's just trying not to look like the bad guy; better if he didn't. It's obvious by his actions after the face to face meeting that his goal was to get traded.

GEM
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM

You are seriously going to believe that the Broncos didn't contact Cutler for 10 days straight with all this ish going on and the conditioning program going on. Seriously...the only one showing signs of being bipolar is Cutler. Please tell me you aren't this gullible. I luv ya Den but it's time to face the music...isn't innocent in all of this.

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I think he's being honest that initially, like after the first phone call, where he said he plays for his teammates anyway, he didn't want to get traded. But it's obvious to everyone that after the face to face meeting, he wanted to get traded, and he said so. He's just trying not to look like the bad guy; better if he didn't. It's obvious by his actions after the face to face meeting that his goal was to get traded.

Thats not what he is saying now.

omac
04-01-2009, 11:05 PM
You are seriously going to believe that the Broncos didn't contact Cutler for 10 days straight with all this ish going on and the conditioning program going on. Seriously...the only one showing signs of being bipolar is Cutler. Please tell me you aren't this gullible. I luv ya Den but it's time to face the music...isn't innocent in all of this.

Cutler is not innocent in all this; he wanted a trade, and he did everything he could to get it.

JONtheBRONCO
Great, so stop bashing "your" team and go follow Jay's butt trail to his "next" destination.

I wanted to punch a baby after I read this...

"I didn't want to be traded.

CONTRADICTION

Jay, you requested the trade.

"I really liked playing for my teammates." & "I play for my teammates, not the coaches."

CONTRADICTION

Jay, you DIDN'T show up for off-season workouts... As the QUARTERBACK! The "signal-caller." It was YOU, who stayed away.

"I didn't want it to get this far."

CONTRADICTION

Jay, Then WHY didn't you show up? WHY, when McDaniels wanted to meet 1 on 1, did you NOT take this opportunity? No, I'm not talking about bringing your agent butt-sniff along, I'm talking about RESOLVING this, with McDaniels, by yourself, like a man, a football player, and a business person.

"I was surprised they want to trade me this soon."

Really... Really Jay?

CONTRADICTION

It was YOU, who requested the trade, publicly - to the media, via agent. What are you surprised about? They call you, you don't respond, they want to meet one on one, and you refuse? Then they want to ship your ass somewhere, and your "surprised?"

Damn right they will.

Good.

I've never stepped foot on an NFL field or even know what this "business" is really about in "real" life. But I do know this, it shows McDaniels and Pat aren't going to let Jay plant his ball sack on the top of their faces. It shows that they aren't going to let one player become above the team, let his impulsive behavior win out. What kind of message is this going to send to the rest of the players?

"Sorry guys, you aren't above the team. You can throw your little temper tantrums and demand this and that, but we'll move on, we'll find someone else who wants to play for the Broncos besides you."

Does NE let their players gloat around like spoiled brats? No. Look at all the players who would DIE to play for NE, look at all the players who want to stay there. McDaniels is implementing this in Denver. He is showing he doesn't owe Cutler anything. Why would McDaniels have to be "Loyal" to Cutler? They have never worked together, or based any "special" relationship together.

Great. Pat Bowlen is showing loyalty in his head coach, the guy HE hired to win. He is being loyal to his franchise, not to one player - but to the DENVER BRONCOS.

slim
LOL, I love how y'all are now blaming this on Cook.

The bottom line, Jay got his fealings hurt and cried like a bitch. End of story.

You can point fingers and say "McDick started it", but that is lame (and I think most of you know it, whether you admit it or not). My 5 year old nephew uses the same excuse everytime he gets caught fighting with his younger brother.

BigSarge87
Wait a minute, he's trying to raise his stock...which means we can get more for him...

YES! Cutler is the most honest, trustworthy, responsible, mature young QB in the league!!! Worthy of at least three 1st round picks and 2 second rounders!!!

weazel

hey wait... what? ...

GEM
04-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Cutler is not innocent in all this; he wanted a trade, and he did everything he could to get it.

That's what I said but I typed it out so fast I dropped the Cutler out of it. :lol:

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:07 PM
LOL, I love how y'all are now blaming this on Cook.

The bottom line, Jay got his fealings hurt and cried like a bitch. End of story.

You can point fingers and say "McDick started it", but that is lame (and I think most of you know it, whether you admit it or not). My 5 year old nephew uses the same excuse everytime he gets caught fighting with his younger brother.

I think Cook had his hand in it but i also think that Jay cant think for himself. Its almost as if Bus is using him like a puppet but im 100% sure that Jay is allowing Bus to do this.

DenBronx

no i believe that. but seems like all parties either have their stories really fckd up or just bipolar. and that includes cutler, mcd, bowlen and cook. the only ones that are getting screwed seem to be the fans and its all over money.

slim
Brett Favre :coffee:......Steve McNair :coffee:

Bus Cook is twisted...he got into the brain of a naive, baby QB

http://www.buscook.com/content/blogcategory/4/6/

Oh Lord...don't start with that crap.

Two days ago Jay was the brilliant, yet misunderstood, Vandy grad.

weazel
Great, so stop bashing "your" team and go follow Jay's butt trail to his "next" destination.

I wanted to punch a baby after I read this...

"I didn't want to be traded.

CONTRADICTION

Jay, you requested the trade.

"I really liked playing for my teammates." & "I play for my teammates, not the coaches."

CONTRADICTION

Jay, you DIDN'T show up for off-season workouts... As the QUARTERBACK! The "signal-caller." It was YOU, who stayed away.

"I didn't want it to get this far."

CONTRADICTION

Jay, Then WHY didn't you show up? WHY, when McDaniels wanted to meet 1 on 1, did you NOT take this opportunity? No, I'm not talking about bringing your agent butt-sniff along, I'm talking about RESOLVING this, with McDaniels, by yourself, like a man, a football player, and a business person.

"I was surprised they want to trade me this soon."

Really... Really Jay?

CONTRADICTION

It was YOU, who requested the trade, publicly - to the media, via agent. What are you surprised about? They call you, you don't respond, they want to meet one on one, and you refuse? Then they want to ship your ass somewhere, and your "surprised?"

Damn right they will.

Good.

I've never stepped foot on an NFL field or even know what this "business" is really about in "real" life. But I do know this, it shows McDaniels and Pat aren't going to let Jay plant his ball sack on the top of their faces. It shows that they aren't going to let one player become above the team, let his impulsive behavior win out. What kind of message is this going to send to the rest of the players?

"Sorry guys, you aren't above the team. You can throw your little temper tantrums and demand this and that, but we'll move on, we'll find someone else who wants to play for the Broncos besides you."

Does NE let their players gloat around like spoiled brats? No. Look at all the players who would DIE to play for NE, look at all the players who want to stay there. McDaniels is implementing this in Denver. He is showing he doesn't owe Cutler anything. Why would McDaniels have to be "Loyal" to Cutler? They have never worked together, or based any "special" relationship together.

Great. Pat Bowlen is showing loyalty in his head coach, the guy HE hired to win. He is being loyal to his franchise, not to one player - but to the DENVER BRONCOS.

I wish I could give you more high fives

omac
04-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Thats not what he is saying now.

That's how I understand it based on the events. I've posted in other threads here how I believed Cutler still wanted to be with the Broncos even after the 1st phone call, and how his tune changed after their face-to-face meeting. This doesn't change that.

But what he's doing now is clearly for PR reasons, and it is a deception. I find it similar to how McDaniels answered some of the questions sent his way, i.e., "we were never interested in trading Cutler for draft picks". But again, for whatever purpose, it is a deception, and therefore a lie.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:11 PM
I've never stated that Cutler carries no blame in this, but I am more biased towards Cutler. McDaniels made a rookie mistake, Cutler continued to be a baby. I won't drop the guillotine until I see what we get for Cutler, because he's going to be traded, no matter how much some of us (including me) want Cutler to stay. It's inevitable.

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I still don't understand how all these 'Masterminds' can't figure out what every average joe in the country can see with their eyes closed:

1. Jay Cutler will not find a better situation than the Denver Broncos.
2. The Denver Broncos will not find a better QB than Jay Cutler.

Why in the hell can't these 'grown men' figure this out and make it work?

Said like Adam Sandler "It blows my f****ing mind"!!!

Benetto
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I still don't understand how all these 'Masterminds' can't figure out what every average joe in the country can see with their eyes closed:

100 salutes man...

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 11:16 PM

its because of money, pride and sex.

well maybe just money and pride but i think they should all sit down and negotiate at the nudy bar.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
JontheBronco pretty much summed up what I was thinking.

"I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far."

YOU didn't want this? I thought this is what you wanted. Cause all this havoc, bitching, moaning, whining to the media, requesting for a trade, etc. What did you expect? You want the entire Broncos organization to give you a lap dance and an erotic massage? Hey, how about you actually return calls instead of acting like a 17 year old ex-girlfriend.

How far exactly did you want it to go? You talk to the media, ignore phone calls, and brush off all attempts from the Coach to reconcile. You don't love Denver or the team. You only love yourself. If no one is there to stroke your hair and hold your hand each step of the way, you start crying.

Give it up. Pack your bags and get ready to leave town. Don't forget to pack your pacifier and diapers too.

lex
04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Okay Cutler, you didn't want to be traded. Now instead of talking to Fox Sports, please contact Mr. Bowlen and apologize so he can get you that new contract and we can all be happy. PLEASE!!! I really don't want *INSERT SCRUB HERE* as our quarterback.

He's better off somewhere else. Bowlen and McDaniels lie too much to be trusted.

weazel
04-01-2009, 11:18 PM
he's better off somewhere else. Bowlen and mcdaniels lie too much to be trusted.

lmao

GEM

If Jay Cutler's goal is more money, there are at least 10 other teams willing to pay him more money. If that is his goal, there are quite a few better situations for him.

Not saying it's right, it sucks.

Kapaibro
Make up your mind Jay, and do us all a favour, and say it without hiding behind Bus Cook.

GEM
04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
He's better off somewhere else. Bowlen and McDaniels lie too much to be trusted.

Honest question here....are you really a Broncos fan? :confused:

hamrob
04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't think he's that surprised. He didn't want to play for mickey-d. Shanny's gone and so is Bates...and here comes this 5'6" boy wonder who tries to punk you. End of Story. He wanted out of here from the beginning.

What truly amazes me...is that we are such a weak organization...that we let him call the shots. He got exactly what he wanted and there is no way...absolutely no way that we get equal value!

Pat Bowlen has lost it...and Mickey-D will be gone in 2-3 yrs tops. Get ready for some top 10 drafts...maybe top 5.

slim
04-01-2009, 11:20 PM

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

How do you think the Rams will do this year?

slim
04-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Honest question here....are you really a Broncos fan? :confused:

No, he is a Rams fan.

hamrob
04-01-2009, 11:21 PM
If Jay Cutler's goal is more money, there are at least 10 other teams willing to pay him more money. If that is his goal, there are quite a few better situations for him.

Not saying it's right, it sucks.But he stiffed-armed Bowlen like a pop-warner player...leaving him to pout in his office.

Make...no bones about it. Jay Cutler kicked Bowlen's ass in this charade!

sneakers
04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Someone is lying....

honz
04-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Cutler is full of shit.

No kidding. Words of advice for Cutler...if you don't want to be traded you probably shouldn't demand a trade. :lol:

weazel
04-01-2009, 11:24 PM
It must be in Jay's contract to talk to media, but they left that part out about talking to his boss... huh claymore?

slim
04-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Someone is lying....

Ya think?

omac

I think his goal is not the money, but the situation. After the face-to-face meeting, he concluded he did not want to play for McDaniels. Even the most respected athletes do that. Majic Johnson even got his coach, Paul Westhead, fired because he didn't want to play for him. Elway just wouldn't play for the Colts. Cutler and McDaniels just rub each other the wrong way, and Cutler wants to find a better situation. Can't fault him for that, and we should be better for it too, assuming McDaniels is as good as believes himself to be. And I think he could be very good, coming from Belichick. :cheers:

Hoshdude7
Weazel is my fav poster

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 11:26 PM

I still think, even if Jay gets a good contract with another team, LONG TERM, there isn't a better team than Denver to play for.

He has a much better chance to be a CHAMPION here than anywhere else. The defense will get fixed. If Cutler stayed they will be contenders for a damn long time. The huge contract would definately follow.

That way Jay could have his cake and eat it too, right?

GEM
04-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I think his goal is not the money, but the situation. After the face-to-face meeting, he concluded he did not want to play for McDaniels. Even the most respected athletes do that. Majic Johnson even got his coach, Paul Westhead, fired because he didn't want to play for him. Elway just wouldn't play for the Colts. Cutler and McDaniels just rub each other the wrong way, and Cutler wants to find a better situation. Can't fault him for that, and we should be better for it too, assuming McDaniels is as good as believes himself to be. And I think he could be very good, coming from Belichick. :cheers:

Bellyache's coaching tree hasn't been too successful so far, let's hope McD is the exception.

Benetto
04-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I still think, even if Jay gets a good contract with another team, LONG TERM, there isn't a better team than Denver to play for.

He has a much better chance to be a CHAMPION here than anywhere else. The defense will get fixed. If Cutler stayed they will be contenders for a damn long time. The huge contract would definately follow.

Yeah, but his agent wants money right now.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Someone is lying....

not the broncos head office... heavens no! :laugh:

sneakers
Bellyache's coaching tree hasn't been too successful so far, let's hope McD is the exception.

Cheating may not be in their blood

:lol:

getlynched47
Make no mistake about it, no matter who we get to replace Cutler, we will be taking a few steps backwards. I honestly dont see a scenario where Cutler stays a Bronco...

Damn McDaniels for pissing off the sensitive franchise QB

Damn Cutler for being a friggin baby.

slim

Actually, I can fault him for that.

Grow some ******* balls, suck it up and go to work. Just like the rest of us do every ******* day.

weazel
04-01-2009, 11:29 PM

how are the blinders?

sneakers

i dunno who it is...time will tell

getlynched47
Actually, I can fault him for that.

Grow some ******* balls, suck it up and go to work. Just like the rest of us do every ******* day.

Remember? These are Professional Athletes. They're above everything and everybody :laugh:

BigSarge87
Yeah, but his agent wants money right now.

Agreed. I still think Cook has played and EQUAL part in this whole mess.

GEM
04-01-2009, 11:30 PM

Oh definitely, but if he has Cook in his ear telling him he could collect now rather than waiting for later, he could be all over that.

The trust factor isn't just broke between coach and player, it's now broken with the fans. I'd say keep Cutler if there was any way we could and it would be beneficial for all involved. But I would have a hard time just getting back to loving Jay and all. There would always be that question in the back of my mind. Or walking on eggshells.

However this crap ends up, I never ever want to go through an offseason like this again. I'll gladly take a quiet, no bs offseason again.

omac
04-01-2009, 11:32 PM

Yeah, but there was no trust between QB and coach. Jay knew McDaniels tried to trade him, so he could believe he's on borrowed time, specially since McDaniels wouldn't commit to him for the future, nor did they offer him a contract extension. I think he decided to have a more active role in his future, than the option given to him.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:32 PM

Cutler shares half the blame. McDaniels shares half the blame. Bus Cook shares half the blame.......wait..........what? :lol:

I'd say McDaniels 40%, Cutler 30%, Cook 30%. I'm just a little biased towards Cutler :D

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 11:33 PM

McDaniels Pride
+
Cutlers Immaturity
+
Cooks Greek
=

Side Note: If I quote myself will it open a black hole in the universe and destroy us all? Sorry.

slim
04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
McDaniels Pride
+
Cutlers Immaturity
+
Cooks Greek
=

Side Note: If I quote myself will it open a black hole in the universe and destroy us all? Sorry.

Way to be racist.

BTW, Bus Cook doesn't sound like a Greek name to me. :welcome:

Benetto
04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
If we're talking about blame, I blame Cutler 50% and Bus Cook 50%....

The Broncos were just trying to conduct business when Jay got his panties in a bunch, and Bus started to Cook up a new idea for his wallet.

omac
04-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Cutler shares half the blame. McDaniels shares half the blame. Bus Cook shares half the blame.......wait..........what? :lol:

I'd say McDaniels 40%, Cutler 30%, Cook 30%. I'm just a little biased towards Cutler :D

Don't forget the guy in charge; Mr. I run the team. :coffee:

weazel
04-01-2009, 11:36 PM
McDaniels Pride
+
Cutlers Immaturity
+
Cooks Greek
=

yup, blame it on the Greeks! I knew they were behind it, sonsabitches!

BigSarge87
Yeah, but there was no trust between QB and coach. Jay knew McDaniels tried to trade him, so he could believe he's on borrowed time, specially since McDaniels wouldn't commit to him for the future, nor did they offer him a contract extension. I think he decided to have a more active role in his future, than the option given to him.

I understand that, but there COULD have been trust gained through hard work and a successful system if both of them could have just been MEN about the whole situation and found a way to make it work.

This has been beat to death, let's agree to focus on moving forward from here. PLEASE!!

Benetto
Way to be racist.

BTW, Bus Cook doesn't sound like a Greek name to me. :welcome:
He looks a lot like Greek (Steve Antonopulos)

DenBronx

The Broncos were just trying to conduct business when Jay got his panties in a bunch, and Bus started to Cook up a new idea for his wallet.

i blame jrwiz. bowlen has been reading his post.

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 11:37 PM
yup, blame it on the Greeks! I knew they were behind it, sonsabitches!

LOL, oops.

The funny thing about that is that it drives me nuts when people don't proofread their posts.

Sorry folks.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:37 PM

No. McDaniels went behind the QB's back to see if he could sneak a deal for Cassel. He wanted to keep it quiet. It leaked, and when Cutler confronted McDaniels, he denied it. Then McDaniels said that maybe they fielded a few calls about Cutler. Then the Denver Post and ESPN reported that McDaniels was initiating trade talks instead of fielding them.

McDaniels carries most of the blame. Cutler isnt too far behind him.

weazel
04-01-2009, 11:38 PM
LOL, oops.

The funny thing about that is that it drives me nuts when people don't proofread their posts.

Sorry folks.

I'm still laughing at that.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Don't forget the guy in charge; Mr. I run the team. :coffee:

Bowlen is just in the way. Didn't he say that McDaniels would handle it? And then he goes and issues that statement yesterday. Either he has lost confidence in McDaniels "taking care of it" or he's gone crazy.

"I run the show..........until we hire a new head coach"

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 11:40 PM
lets hope bowlen doesnt become al davis v2.

he usually does a good job of not getting his personal feeling involved. it just seems he's been on the wrong side of the fence in this soap opera though.

slim
No. McDaniels went behind the QB's back to see if he could sneak a deal for Cassel. He wanted to keep it quiet. It leaked, and when Cutler confronted McDaniels, he denied it. Then McDaniels said that maybe they fielded a few calls about Cutler. Then the Denver Post and ESPN reported that McDaniels was initiating trade talks instead of fielding them.

Keep your head buried in the sand...if that what it takes to get you through the night.

My God, the head coach of a professional football team was contemplating a trade? The hell you say? I bet that almost never happens.

Jay had his feelings hurt and couldn’t get over it. That is all…nothing to see here.

GEM

Why do you think he wanted to keep it quiet....because he knew Cutler was an over sensitive kinda guy.

*giggles*

Hoshdude7
04-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Bowlen is just in the way. Didn't he say that McDaniels would handle it? And then he goes and issues that statement yesterday. Either he has lost confidence in McDaniels "taking care of it" or he's gone crazy.

"I run the show..........until we hire a new head coach"

Maybe he forgot he said that.

Lol

BigSarge87
04-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Alyssa Milano is the new Terri Hatcher. Damn.

getlynched47
Keep your head buried in the sand...if that what it takes to get you through the night.

My God, the head coach of a professional football team was contemplating a trade? The hell you say? I bet that almost never happens.

Jay had his feelings hurt and couldn’t get over it. That is all…nothing to see here.

Jay got his feelings hurt........BECAUSE OF MCDANIELS!! How the eff is it all Cutler's fault? Both are to blame for this nightmarish offseason.

getlynched47
Why do you think he wanted to keep it quiet....because he knew Cutler was an over sensitive kinda guy.

*giggles*

but he failed :lol:

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Cutler's like a girl.

McDaniels initially pissed him off because he "lied". Big deal. People lie. Handle it like a man and be done with it. Women on the other hand let it build and build and don't deal with it and then bam, they lie to save face. Generally speaking of course.

What's Cutoer doing right now? Lying.

Get that girl out of our organization now.

Hoshdude7
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Surprised nobody has started a thread about marshals hip surgery.

EDIT* see it now

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
lets hope bowlen doesnt become al davis v2.

he usually does a good job of not getting his personal feeling involved. it just seems he's been on the wrong side of the fence in this soap opera though.

I agree. With the benefit of hindsight, he should of kicked Cutler to the curb along with Shanahan. Than maybe the team would actually be getting somewhere together this offseason.

JONtheBRONCO
04-01-2009, 11:45 PM

I believe he will be. He made a mistake - in "our" eyes, but maybe not to him, and maybe not to Pat either.

He isn't letting one player become above the team - nor is he letting one player walk all over him. Romeo let his players do that to him in Cleveland and I think Favre did that to Mangini in New York.

Both Romeo and Mangini were defensive guys in NE, McDaniels is an offensive guy, and he is going to implement NE's style of play in Denver - something I'm not "too" fond of, considering the boot-leg, zone blocking, scheme I fell in love with with Shanahan, but I'm willing to give it a chance considering how successful it has worked in NE the past couple of years.

I'm sorry, but I am excited for McDaniels. I'm a little on the optimistic side when I look at the new regime, because I'm willing to let a coach prove his worth before I deem him a failure. McDaniels seems a bit stubborn, young, and loyal to his way of things, but hey - Shanahan was the same way (I am not saying McDaniels is Shanahan, or even close).

After all, he did mold Cassel last season, and maybe he can do it with another young gun, or unproven dude - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't feel like Bowlen has made too many mistakes in his tenure in Denver, and I think he knows the way this business works better than any of us - and even better than many other organizations in the league. I'll trust his instincts over anyone else's, after all, it is his franchise.

And if he takes the side of McDaniels, I will too. I believe Bowlen cares more about his organization and winning than he does about his "ass" or his "image," hopefully. I trust the words that come from Bowlens lips more than I do from a 3rd year QB. And if he trusts his new HC this much, then I think that speaks loud praise of McDaniels.

chazoe60
04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey GL, I love the new Sig. Did you make it?

slim
04-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Jay got his feelings hurt........BECAUSE OF MCDANIELS!! How the eff is it all Cutler's fault? Both are to blame for this nightmarish offseason.

It is his fault for not getting over it. I don't care that his feeling were hurt, I would expect that from anyone in his situation. But get over it...suck it up and move on. That is what adults do...except for cswil.

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 11:47 PM

You keep making this argument but, to the best of my knowledge, McDaniels has never "admitted" to initiating talks and has, in fact, stated that he did not initiate the trade talks.

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2009, 11:47 PM
I believe he will be. He made a mistake - in "our" eyes, but maybe not to him, and maybe not to Pat either.

He isn't letting one player become above the team - nor is he letting one player walk all over him. Romeo let his players do that to him in Cleveland and I think Favre did that to Mangini in New York.

Both Romeo and Mangini were defensive guys in NE, McDaniels is an offensive guy, and he is going to implement NE's style of play in Denver - something I'm not "too" fond of, considering the boot-leg, zone blocking, scheme I fell in love with with Shanahan, but I'm willing to give it a chance considering how successful it has worked in NE the past couple of years.

I'm sorry, but I am excited for McDaniels. I'm a little on the optimistic side when I look at the new regime, because I'm willing to let a coach prove his worth before I deem him a failure. McDaniels seems a bit stubborn, young, and loyal to his way of things, but hey - Shanahan was the same way (I am not saying McDaniels is Shanahan, or even close).

After all, he did mold Cassel last season, and maybe he can do it with another young gun, or unproven dude - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't feel like Bowlen has made too many mistakes in his tenure in Denver, and I think he knows the way this business works better than any of us - and even better than many other organizations in the league. I'll trust his instincts over anyone else's, after all, it is his franchise.

And if he takes the side of McDaniels, I will too. I believe Bowlen cares more about his organization and winning than he does about his "ass" or his "image," hopefully. I trust the words that come from Bowlens lips more than I do from a 3rd year QB. And if he trusts his new HC this much, then I think that speaks loud praise of McDaniels.

Couldn't agree more. If the players put their head down and work for the team, McDaniels and the players will get along just fine. We don't need anybody being pampered in this organization, even if they have a stronger arm than John Elway.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey GL, I love the new Sig. Did you make it?

which part of my sig Chaz? :lol:

I personally like the book...

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:51 PM
It is his fault for not getting over it. I don't care that his feeling were hurt, I would expect that from anyone in his situation. But get over it...suck it up and move on. That is what adults do...except for cswil.

thats a low blow to cswil :lol:

You're right, Cutler should've gotten over it a long time ago. He came to Denver to meet with McDaniels the Saturday before McDaniels team meeting. McDaniels made the situation worse instead of taking a diplomatic stance.

McDaniels is a bitch

Cutler is a baby

End of story...

chazoe60
04-01-2009, 11:55 PM
which part of my sig Chaz? :lol:

I personally like the book...

Yeah the book is what I was talking about. It's the shit, and sadly true:tsk:

slim
04-01-2009, 11:55 PM
You two homos need to get a room.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
You two homos need to get a room.

go drink your beer and watch nascar :coffee:

underrated29
04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
i AM NOT reading through 7 more pages of cutlers is a whiner, macdouche is an idiot....

So if this is a repeat sorry.

But if Jay does not want to be traded then fine. Its over with, we can kiss and make up. LEts not trade him.

Simple as that...

And do not give me we dont want this whiner, cancer on our team, after the stuff he pulled....That is the single biggest load of horse shyt anyone can spew. He gives us the best chance of winning period. And everyone knows it! NO QB we can get will give us a better shot at it. And no picks matched with the lesser qb will either.

If you think otherwise you do not understand football. Plain and simple. Jay gives our team the best shot at winning. So if he is ready to let this whole thing go, then so am i, and so be it. Lets play some Fuggin football.

And no he wont get benched or throw a hissy fit if mcdaniels gets in his face for a stupid throw or something. He never has before, and he got into tons of heated arguements with bates. He is not just suddenly going to now, as if her were a genie in a lamp. Rub him and poof he appears, only now with hissy fits.

Once again. If he wants to stay and play then finally is about time, lets end this now. Everyone can get over their opinions and pride and get ready for the draft and mini camps

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:57 PM
i AM NOT reading through 7 more pages of cutlers is a whiner, macdouche is an idiot....

But if Jay does not want to be traded then fine. Its over with, we can kiss and make up. LEts not trade him.

Simple as that...

And do not give me we dont want this whiner, cancer on our team, after the stuff he pulled....That is the single biggest load of horse shyt anyone can spew. He gives us the best chance of winning period. And everyone knows it! NO QB we can get will give us a better shot at it. And no picks matched with the lesser qb will either.

If you think otherwise you do not understand football. Plain and simple. Jay gives our team the best shot at winning. So if he is ready to let this whole thing go, then so am i, and so be it. Lets play some Fuggin football.

And no he wont get benched or throw a hissy fit if mcdaniels gets in his face for a stupid throw or something. He never has before, and he got into tons of heated arguements with bates. He is not just suddenly going to now, as if her were a genie in a lamp. Rub him and poof he appears, only now with hissy fits.

Once again. If he wants to stay and play then finally is about time, lets end this now. Everyone can get over their opinions and pride and get ready for the draft and mini camps

This gets my vote for best post of the day :salute:

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr59/getlynched47/McDanielsBook.png

I'll be releasing my Cutler "Mega-Baby" one very soon...

slim
04-02-2009, 12:18 AM

Most people only get one vote...you must be a dem.

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Seems pretty obvious to me......

The lawyers are working this one out just fine...

Jay gets his wish (traded)

Pat gets his wish (Jay pisses off all the Bronco fans on the way out the door)

Jay wins

Pat wins

Smart business

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 01:09 AM

You just ruined his post by endorsing it.

WARHORSE
04-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Cutler didnt say he didnt ask for a trade, he said this is not what he wanted.

Hes just finished the season, is getting to know the new coach who told him he came to coach him.

Cutler loves Denver, and loves his teamates. He wants to be here.

Then he gets blindsided.

The drama unfolds with McDaniels trying to trade him. The trade doesnt go through. Cutler SAYS he wants to move forward, he sees the business end of it, but wants to be a Bronco.

Only thing bothering him, is McDaniels is yapping in his face that all he did was field calls.....when Jay knows different. So he tells McDaniels, 'Look, I know you initiated on some of the trades, so please dont say you didnt in my face'. McDaniels still insists he only listened.

Cutler gets ruffled. They break. Cutler and McD come together later to try and make amends, and Cutler says tell me if Im the one or not, thats all I want. If you cant tell me youre not going to trade me in the next two weeks or whenever, then Im gonna be at my house chillin until the mandatory stuff.

McDaniels comes clean about initiating on Cassell, but makes no promises in giving Cutler stability hes lookin for.

Cutler says fine, then trade me. I dont want this, I love Denver and my teamates, but Im not playin for you.

Then the phone issues..........who knows.

So, in reading the interview with Cutler, I dont think hes saying at all that he didnt ask to be traded.

Hes saying this is not what he wanted. But he cant play for McMuffin.

But it doesnt matter, cuz we're about to let emotions get in the way of intelligence........and trade away the person we've been looking for for a long time.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:19 AM
War, Cutler messed this up too. McD obviously started it but c'mon, Cutler was bitching right after Shanahan's dismissal. You're really reaching here. If he didn't want it to go this far, he didn't have to. Period.

WARHORSE
04-02-2009, 01:37 AM
War, Cutler messed this up too. McD obviously started it but c'mon, Cutler was bitching right after Shanahan's dismissal. You're really reaching here. If he didn't want it to go this far, he didn't have to. Period.

Theres blame to go around.

By saying he was surprised they moved to trade him so soon, Im sure he either meant that he expected them to play him out at his minimal salary this year and then try and trade him again, or wait until draft day.

But Im gonna sit back, drink beer and throw rocks at the cat while I have to sit and listen to the BS thats getting ready to come out concerning what Cutler says vs what the Broncos say.

We are the offseason circus distraction that everyone else is enjoying, mainly the silver and crap, the Chefs and the Chiggers.

Classy org right now...............them BRONCOS.

Still yet......

BRONCOS OR DIE.:tsk:

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Theres blame to go around.

Then why not place a smidgeon of blame on Cutler instead of making out like it's all McDaniels fault and condemning him hourly? He wouldn't answer calls (no mention of that.) Even after Bowlen released the statement, McD couldn't get in touch with him. Cutler ****ed this up as much as McDaniels did at first with his non-action in the aftermath.

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 01:58 AM
We all know the start, the middle, but the end?

Pure propaganda.

Jay "just happens" to stumble into a reporter.

Yeah right.

Jay makes a statement sure to piss off every Bronco fan, at the same time he is pleading his case to his new teamates that he is a good guy and a team player.

Cook is making amends to the Broncos, setting up Jay as the bad guy which puts butts back in the seats and reduces friction at the dis-organization.

Reason ? If cook wants to represent clients in this league,he can't do that burning every bridge.

In the end......MCKid will get "his" guy.

And lose.

Benetto
04-02-2009, 04:06 AM
As easy as it is for McD to pick up a phone, or get on a plane...It is easy for Cutty to do the same...He knew for more than a week, McDannyboy wants him suited up in a Broncos uni...Even made it clear at the owners meetings.

Never reached out or answered (even if it was just one call)....I hate him for that...I also hate the fact he won't be our QB next year...Im all torn up.

Benetto
04-02-2009, 04:11 AM
BTW...Cutler stated he WILL SHOW UP for mandatory camp before the draft....WHY THE **** didn't they wait to make the trade annoucment after they spoke in person?

Jay is still a Bronco for 3 more years if they don't make that freaking announcement....We will never know though, unless this is all a bad dream.

WARHORSE
04-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Then why not place a smidgeon of blame on Cutler instead of making out like it's all McDaniels fault and condemning him hourly? He wouldn't answer calls (no mention of that.) Even after Bowlen released the statement, McD couldn't get in touch with him. Cutler ****ed this up as much as McDaniels did at first with his non-action in the aftermath.

Because this was a step by step process, and it never should have been contemplated in the first place.

All Im gonna say is I side with all the guys like TD, Rod Woodson, Jamie Dukes, Marshall Faulk, Solomon Wilcox, etc..........who understand that this all shouldnt have even been a thought. We should have been thinking about the defense. Even the thought of trading Cutler and bringing in Cassell at his number was a pitiful consideration imo.

I dont like the mess, and if Shanahan were here.............or any other headcoach...........we would not be here.

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 04:14 AM

Simple as that...

considering everything that has went on..

Do you really want to go into the draft not knowing for sure what this kid is going to do opening day?

So far he has flip flopped more than IHOP does on a Sunday morning..

I do not think he can be trusted to show up to play and if he is gonna pull another hissy fit some where down the line and think he can force and new contract then it is indeed time to get hate draft choice NOW and get some talent on this team to get experience day one..

sorry but he had his chances to contact someone and stop the bovine excrement on several different occasions..

and if this is really all his agents fault why is he still employed by him..

cutler needs to go for as many Draft chocies and players as he will bring..

NightTrainLayne
04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
To me the most telling statement from Jay is that he says "I didn't want it to go this far".

What? THIS far? That says it all for me. Cook/Cutler were playing games, and got called on it.

claymore
04-02-2009, 07:27 AM

All the blame in my opinion.

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 07:28 AM
:tsk:

claymore
04-02-2009, 07:28 AM
To me the most telling statement from Jay is that he says "I didn't want it to go this far".

What? THIS far? That says it all for me. Cook/Cutler were playing games, and got called on it.

They were reacting to the scenario McD started. It was handled poorly by the Cutler Camp. But the Broncos really screwed up.

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 07:30 AM
They were reacting to the scenario McD started. It was handled poorly by the Cutler Camp. But the Broncos really screwed up.

McDaniels didn't start any scenario. He fielded an offer. He said no. Period. End of story.

It was Cutler's mishandling of the idea that he might be traded that started this. Now, he wants to turn it around and go back? Doesn't work like that, does it?

Notice how Anderson, Quinn and Campbell have all handed this? Have you noticed how professional they've acted?

claymore
04-02-2009, 07:33 AM
McDaniels didn't start any scenario. He fielded an offer. He said no. Period. End of story.

It was Cutler's mishandling of the idea that he might be traded that started this. Now, he wants to turn it around and go back? Doesn't work like that, does it?

Notice how Anderson, Quinn and Campbell have all handed this? Have you noticed how professional they've acted?

Quinn and Campbell are scrubs. And nobody is trying to trade for them.

McDaniels lied from the begining of this. Cutler handled it well until the face to face meeting. Which Cutler flew to Denver for, on his own free time.

This is what McDaniels wanted all along.

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 07:38 AM
This is what McDaniels wanted all along.

I think its fairly clear by now that that certainly isn't the case.

claymore
04-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I think its fairly clear by now that that certainly isn't the case.

I dont know how youve come to this conclusion.

Nomad
04-02-2009, 07:53 AM

That could be a possibility, but if this is the case why hasn't Cutler fired him! Either Cutler lacks the mental competence to decide for himself or he's crawfishing and didn't think the BRONCOS would pull the trigger, they would eventually cave in to the demands. I believe it's all the above!

Bowlen made the mistake of making too many so-called promises to Cutler. When other BRONCOS were welcoming McDaniels the first week he was hired and Cutler snubbed him (insert excuse) it was the beginning of the end for their relationship. Oh well, it's funny now that the BRONCOS have said ok you're gone, Cutler is out showing his face!

BigDaddyBronco
04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I dont know how youve come to this conclusion.
Are you still drunk Clay?

claymore
04-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Are you still drunk Clay?

No...... I wish I was.

BigDaddyBronco
04-02-2009, 07:56 AM
If Jay really feels like this, all he has to do is say "I think my agent screwed things up. I don't want this. I want to make it work." Hell, fire Bus Cook.

It's really easy Jay if you are sincere.

At this point the ball is in his court.

claymore
04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
If Jay really feels like this, all he has to do is say "I think my agent screwed things up. I don't want this. I want to make it work." Hell, fire Bus Cook.

It's really easy Jay if you are sincere.

At this point the ball is in his court.

Kind of. McD has some mending to do as well, and Bowlen needs to chair that meeting.

BigDaddyBronco
04-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Kind of. McD has some mending to do as well, and Bowlen needs to chair that meeting.

Sure. But anything is possible if Jay man's up, goes to Denver and talks to them. If he wants to be a Bronco he still can be.

claymore
04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Sure. But anything is possible if Jay man's up, goes to Denver and talks to them. If he wants to be a Bronco he still can be.

If that happens Jrwiz will commit suicide.

Traveler
04-02-2009, 08:13 AM

That statement really stuck out for me too. I know folks who side with Jay will beg to differ, but IMO, he let slip that this wasn't as much about egos, as it was about getting a new contract.

This situation has deteriorated so much that I'm at a point where I would have no problem with Pat and the FO jettisoning any of the teamates who side with "the player" (excluding Clady & Royal). Thus, removing any hint of a divided locker room.

We are rebuilding anyway, so let the FO bring in the type of players to fit the type of offensive and defensive schemes they plan to use.

BigDaddyBronco
04-02-2009, 08:16 AM
That statement really stuck out for me too. I know folks who side with Jay will beg to differ, but IMO, he let slip that this wasn't as much about egos, as it was about getting a new contract.

This situation has deteriorated so much that I'm at a point where I would have no problem with Pat and the FO jettisoning any of the teamates who side with "the player" (excluding Clady & Royal). Thus, removing any hint of a divided locker room.

We are rebuilding anyway, so let the FO bring in the type of players to fit the type of offensive and defensive schemes they plan to use.
I don't know if any of them are publicly going to side with Cutler. You would think Marshall or Scheffler might, but even that has not happened.

It doesn't look like an openly divided locker room to me. There were some grumblings about the Leach thing, but that was before McDaniels had his first meetings with the team.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't know if any of them are publicly going to side with Cutler. You would think Marshall or Scheffler might, but even that has not happened.

It doesn't look like an openly divided locker room to me. There were some grumblings about the Leach thing, but that was before McDaniels had his first meetings with the team.

Sheff doesnt know what playing 16 games is and Marshall may never play a full season due to his affinity with police. Package all 3 of them.

The 2006 draft loses is glimmer more and more each day.

Dirk
04-02-2009, 08:24 AM
All I can say is...wow! This is sooooo fubar'd it isn't even funny.

I understand that things happen, trades, hurt feelings, business...yada, yada, yada.

But the lying that is going on from the Broncos FO is astounding. Mainly McD.

The lying to Cutlers face on the trade for Cassel fiasco is bad enough. Ok..did he or did he not?

Then Bowlen comes out and says that they haven't had a response in 10 days? When McD had just said that he and Jay had been communicating?

C'mon....it's obvious that there is more to this than we know, seen or may ever know.

Bottom line is, McD started it all and in my oppinion, Bus Cook is out for another big paycheck and Cutler is too young and naive to understand that Cook is dragging him along for the $$$.

But the McD statement of them being in contact with each other sticks in my crawl....either a flat out lie or Bowlen is flat out lying....

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Good point Traveler, sure sounds like Bus was positioning for more $$. Sure wish this would have stayed between Cutler and McD, it probably wouldn't be to this point now. Can't help but think Bus instructed Cutler to ignore the Bronco brass or even change his number. Bus probably didn't count on the Bronco brass panicking so quick and flying off the handle so quick. There are a lot of players ignoring their teams right now, tis the season for such games and it's the agents that instruct players to do so most of the time. Bus might get the contract he was hoping for but right now it looks like that will be with another team.

EastCoastBronco
04-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Am I the only one who is strongly reminded of "Kush" from Jerry McGuire when I think of Cutler. He takes no active, leading part in anything, gets into bed with Bus "Bob Sugar" Cook, and then acts surprised when everything goes all to hell in a hand basket. If he had any balls or leadership skills whatsoever (or actually wanted to play in Denver) he would have told Bob Sugar to piss off and worked things out. I keep waiting for him to say "I just want to play football". That would be the icing on the cake.
Jay (Kush), pack your bags and bullshit excuses and get the hell out of town. You seem to have no trouble communicating with the freaking media. Let us know when Bob Sugar takes his hand out of your ass and you start to think and talk for yourself. On second thought, don't bother...

BigDaddyBronco
04-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Let's say that they manage to work things out with Cutler and maybe give him a new contract.

Do all of you guys really want to go through this type of drama every few years? Ask a Packer fan how fun it was to deal with the Brett Favre stuff the last 5 years of his career.

The NFL is a cut-throat business. A team will discard a veteran player at the drop of a hat in the middle of their contract. I have never had a problem with a player that tried to force a new contract by holding out or whatever. It is just the nature of the contract system. But when a guy gets sneaky and says it's not about the money, and he was wronged, etc. and then it turns out to be about the money. Screw them.

If Jay is traded and then immediately works out a new contract with his new team, it will show us all his true colors.

Mike
04-02-2009, 09:05 AM
I am ready for the trade. I wish both sides would just shut up. Get this done and get it over with.

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:17 AM
All the blame in my opinion.

because youre on crack

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:20 AM

actually Scheffler is quoted as siding with the organization. someone posted it on here, I will try to find it.

nthngd2say
04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9403016/Cutler-speaks:-%27I-didn%27t-want-to-get-traded%27

"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon," Cutler told Glazer in his first comments since the statement was released. "I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. (The Broncos) had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't."

I don't understand how he can say "I didn't want to get traded" and "I didn't want it to get this far" when he publicly requested a trade. Then Bowlen calls Bus Cook Tuesday morning and says Cutler needs to call him and nothing... isn't that the best way to expedite a trade?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4034863
"The perception that they've been burning the phone lines the last 10 days is wrong," Cook said. "In fact, the other day I asked Jay if he had heard from them and he said, 'no.' I didn't hear from them until yesterday [Tuesday] morning when [GM] Brian Xanders called me and said that Mr. Bowlen needs to speak with Jay now. I told him all I can do is leave Jay a message.

"I didn't reach Jay directly -- I don't know what he was doing -- but I left a message. Then Brian called at the end of the day and asked me if I had heard from him. I hadn't. I heard from Jay when he called to tell me he just saw on TV he was being traded. They can spin it the way they want to spin it." --> so Cutler didn't use his phone all day and/or notice he had a message from Cook? Even though Cook's statement leads one to believe that Cutler was waiting to hear from the Broncos or Cook since they heard nothing for 10 days? So did Cutler assume after 10 days that it was a good idea to turn of his cell and/or not check for any messages. It doesn't add up for me...

Even Woody no longer backs Cutler: "I have supported Jay Cutler throughout this ridiculous episode, maybe the worst in Broncos history (there was the mutiny by 12 players in John Ralston's last season). But I no longer can. When the owner of my newspaper or my television network calls, I return the call. Cutler chose not to." http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12050260
*not that I care what Woody has to say but he has been a Cutler supporter until now

McDaniels has bumbled his way through this but he has at least made attempts to reconcile in my opinion, starting with holding up the throwback Cutler jersey - I know some think McDaniels is smirking and holding it to be sarcastic but check out the photo of McDaniels and Dawkins - same "questionable" smile.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11981354
http://broncosfreaks.com/index.php/2009/02/denver-broncos-free-agency-tracker/
"I've always been optimistic," McDaniels said at the NFL meetings. "He's on our team, he's under contract, and I understand there's things we have to work toward in our relationship."
"He's our quarterback," McDaniels said. "We're looking forward to getting him back. We're committed to him, and I'll continue to do what we can do to try to affect our relationship positively from this point forward."

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Cutler is full of shit.

Cutler should be put in the "no spin zone" on the Orielly factor so Bill can rip his spin to shreds. What a bs artist he is. :coffee:

broncohead
04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Sheff doesnt know what playing 16 games is and Marshall may never play a full season due to his affinity with police. Package all 3 of them.

The 2006 draft loses is glimmer more and more each day.

Let's package our whole team for all the 1rst round draft picks.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I've been pissed about this crap since the beginning and have had my moments when I called Jay a baby. He may still be, but the more this goes on...the more and more I have to lean towards putting the communication blame on Bus Cook. Call me crazy, but somehow, I just dont see things being where they are if not for him.

nthngd2say
04-02-2009, 09:33 AM
I've been pissed about this crap since the beginning and have had my moments when I called Jay a baby. He may still be, but the more this goes on...the more and more I have to lean towards putting the communication blame on Bus Cook. Call me crazy, but somehow, I just dont see things being where they are if not for him.

Take it for what its worth but this is from Vic Lombardi who considers himself to also be a good friend with Cutler along with doing a weekly show from Old C's with CUtler: http://cbs4denver.com/askvic
Agent's Role?

I'm hearing more about the agent Bus Cook today but I don't really understand how much the agent would have to do with a trade. If the Broncos want Cutler to go somewhere, how much can the agent step in and try to stop them? Jesse

Jesse: Let me make this clear to everybody who assumes Bus Cook was the engineer behind this fiasco: False! I have spoken to Jay Cutler. He's a big boy. He knew what he was doing. Jay had a problem with Josh. It's Bus Cook's job to ensure his client is happy. Jay Cutler was not happy working with McDaniels. Jay wanted out. Bus Cook is simply a facilitator. Vic

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Take it for what its worth but this is from Vic Lombardi who considers himself to also be a good friend with Cutler along with doing a weekly show from Old C's with CUtler: http://cbs4denver.com/askvic
Agent's Role?

I'm hearing more about the agent Bus Cook today but I don't really understand how much the agent would have to do with a trade. If the Broncos want Cutler to go somewhere, how much can the agent step in and try to stop them? Jesse

Jesse: Let me make this clear to everybody who assumes Bus Cook was the engineer behind this fiasco: False! I have spoken to Jay Cutler. He's a big boy. He knew what he was doing. Jay had a problem with Josh. It's Bus Cook's job to ensure his client is happy. Jay Cutler was not happy working with McDaniels. Jay wanted out. Bus Cook is simply a facilitator. Vic

Interesting.

nthngd2say
04-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Good interview with Mark Schlereth, IMO from yesterday:
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1078037

Watchthemiddle
04-02-2009, 09:39 AM
:rolleyes:I love how everyone in this drama talks to everyone else except each other.

This is worse than a middle school love affair.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Agent's Role?

I stand corrected...Maybe Jay is the idiot afterall

nthngd2say
04-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Who knows if we'll ever get the real story... mistakes made everywhere.

It's getting harder for me to overlook Cutler's actions though. I want a trade, I don't want a trade. He talks/texts with Vic, Bus Cook has got a hold of him in the last 10 days at least twice and the Post can get a hold of his friends [or sources close to Cutler they continue to cite] but he can't seem to receive calls/texts from McDaniels/Xanders/Bowlen and/or his friends/sources close to him don't let him know that the Post was asking why he hasn't returned calls from the Broncos organization?

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Food for thought.........what if Cutler is as fed up about hearing about this all of the time and has simply just ignored his phone calls and messages? I'm sure his phone has been ringing non-stop for weeks now. I can see how he would just ignore calls or even turn it off all together.

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Food for thought.........what if Cutler is as fed up about hearing about this all of the time and has simply just ignored his phone calls and messages? I'm sure his phone has been ringing non-stop for weeks now. I can see how he would just ignore calls or even turn it off all together.

Maybe he should have ignored the original calls from the media and then not demanded a trade, then...

:noidea:

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
yeah, I heard this quote on sportscenter or something. It's obvious to me now that he is playing games.

Mike
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM

You don't ignore calls from the guy who signs your checks.

Northman
04-02-2009, 10:09 AM

You dont ignore calls from your bosses. The media? Sure.

Nomad
04-02-2009, 10:10 AM
You don't ignore calls from the guy who signs your checks.

:lol:Yeah, if my job was on the line, even though I didn't like the superintendent of the jobsite, I would do whatever to keep the peace with the owner unless I already had my mind made up I was going to quit and go to another company!

underrated29
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
considering everything that has went on..

Do you really want to go into the draft not knowing for sure what this kid is going to do opening day?

So far he has flip flopped more than IHOP does on a Sunday morning..

I do not think he can be trusted to show up to play and if he is gonna pull another hissy fit some where down the line and think he can force and new contract then it is indeed time to get hate draft choice NOW and get some talent on this team to get experience day one..

sorry but he had his chances to contact someone and stop the bovine excrement on several different occasions..

and if this is really all his agents fault why is he still employed by him..

cutler needs to go for as many Draft chocies and players as he will bring..

Very hipocritical of you JR- You and the other people that are/were saying Jay needs to grow a pair and man up. Did just that. He MANNED UP! He said, ok fine, bygones are bygones, i am owning up to the situation that i can be traded at anytime and i am going to have to play for this coach. He did that because he didnt want to get traded, he does not want to. He has manned up....For you are anyone else to say well now its too late.

Rubbish! Dont tell him to man up and get over it, its a business when you yourselves can not do the same. HYPOCRITES!

The season hasnt started yet, the draft hasnt started yet, the only thing that started were some voluntary conditioning drills. NO CLUB IN THE NFL GETS 100% ATTENDANCE TO THOSE, why must we be the exception!??

Jay has never thrown a hissy fit before, EVER! Has he? NO!

Do you really think he is just going to go out there and half ass his throws or something in some form of protest. THat is ridiculuous if you do...All we can go off of are Jays past actions. Do you remember what those are.?? I sure do- lets me go over them again.

On the field. Jay wants to win, he has that hunger and drive that he can not lose a game....Do you remember him getting in the face of eddie, saying why didnt you catch the ball. Come on man, i did my part about getting it in your fingers, you have to come down with it...OR when he got on schefflers case for dropping balls or brandons (both of them) for that matter.

Jay doesnt sit and pout like a baby that you have suddenly made him out to be. He gets fired up, and holds his players accountable, and if they keep dropping the ball does jay curl up and cry and whine? HELL NO! he goes back out there and tries it again.

And yes i do want him to be our QB on draft day and opening day, because i know jay comes to play and he is our best chance at winning. Anything else is propoganda and fodder.

turftoad
04-02-2009, 10:21 AM

I agree with this whole heartedly.

If, and I say if, they can work this out, it'll be hindsite by the time the season starts and we'll be laughing about it a few years down the road.

I'd still rather have Jay behind center than some scrub.

I want to enjoy my Sundays.

Thnikkaman
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Schlareth Calls BS on Cutler's story

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4035919

Nomad
04-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Amen! Schlereth nails it and texting is the downfall of our society!!

turftoad
04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Amen! Schlereth nails it and texting is the downfall of our society!!
Agreed.

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Very hipocritical of you JR- You and the other people that are/were saying Jay needs to grow a pair and man up. Did just that. He MANNED UP! He said, ok fine, bygones are bygones, i am owning up to the situation that i can be traded at anytime and i am going to have to play for this coach. He did that because he didnt want to get traded, he does not want to. He has manned up....For you are anyone else to say well now its too late.

So explain to me how talking to Jay Glazer, and still not returning phone calls from the organization...the people that actually employee him...is owning up?

I'm sorry, but if you think this clears everything up, you're flat out wrong. I hate to put it to you that harshly, but that's just flat wrong.

Tempus Fugit
04-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Cutler will continue to lose support as more of this comes out.

Northman
04-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Unlike some on here Stinky isnt falling for the 'Banana in the tailpipe" trick that Jay is trying to pull. :lol:

D1g1tal j1m
04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Just wait until Jay is traded to "insert team here" and see how long they wait until they ask for an extension. Sure they will wait until after next season before they ask their new team to show how committed the team is to him by shouting "show me the money".

Let's see if Team Cook has the audacity to ask for an extension as soon as Jay is traded.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
So explain to me how talking to Jay Glazer, and still not returning phone calls from the organization...the people that actually employee him...is owning up?

I'm sorry, but if you think this clears everything up, you're flat out wrong. I hate to put it to you that harshly, but that's just flat wrong.

Well i dont know if he is still ignoring the FO or not. I really wouldnt believe it either. I think everyone involved in this is lying out their ass right now to save face or pride or whatever. I am not even sure the people involved know what they are saying or doing.

But i do know that jay said he doesnt want it to get this far, he doesnt want to be traded he likes it here and wants to be here.

now he could be lying about that too, but lets call him on it then....Why not,? we have more to gain from him being here then we do trading him.

Call him up say ok, jay you really want to be here, come in tell us that in person, agree that you wont ask for another trade down the road or hold out and that you and josh can kiss and make up and put this behind you forever.

He either says: Yes, ok thats fine thats what i am prepared to do now.

or he says:NO i cant do that yet, or meet yet or whatever. They we know he is lying and we can trade him away.

But i see this as a major step in the right direction, he said he doesnt want to leave- so now if we can get josh and pat on board with this, then we might just have a solid QB and offense on day 1.

tubby
04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
He was probably drunk.

Mike
04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Well i dont know if he is still ignoring the FO or not. I really wouldnt believe it either. I think everyone involved in this is lying out their ass right now to save face or pride or whatever. I am not even sure the people involved know what they are saying or doing.

But i do know that jay said he doesnt want it to get this far, he doesnt want to be traded he likes it here and wants to be here.

now he could be lying about that too, but lets call him on it then....Why not,? we have more to gain from him being here then we do trading him.

Call him up say ok, jay you really want to be here, come in tell us that in person, agree that you wont ask for another trade down the road or hold out and that you and josh can kiss and make up and put this behind you forever.

or he says:NO i cant do that yet, or meet yet or whatever. They we know he is lying and we can trade him away.

But i see this as a major step in the right direction, he said he doesnt want to leave- so now if we can get josh and pat on board with this, then we might just have a solid QB and offense on day 1.

His words are saying one thing...his actions are saying another.

BroncoNut
04-02-2009, 10:58 AM
yeah, I sense a little passive aggressive behavior from young Jay. to tell you the truth, he reminds me a little bit of myself when I was his age.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
His words are saying one thing...his actions are saying another.

Thats why we call him on it. IF he really did want a trade out of here why would he have said that stuff? Why? it makes no sense really. he would be getting his wish why back out of it now...

Maybe it was just to save face? i dont know, but he could have said a lot of other things too. Like yes its about time. I was never going to play for that chump. I am sorry broncos but i can not trust you, thanks for trading me........Yada yada.

But he said something positive, something to resolve this situation. I dont want to be traded. I like it here, i never wanted it to get this far.

So we can build upon the resolution and get a result with no trades. Simply by calling him on his words. Make his actions speak them...Or we can just plain ignore it, like he was doing to pat and Mcd and trade him.....

What do you think would be best?

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe he should have ignored the original calls from the media and then not demanded a trade, then...

:noidea:

The media never spins anything right:lol:

emphasis added by me.

Mike
04-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Thats why we call him on it. IF he really did want a trade out of here why would he have said that stuff? Why? it makes no sense really. he would be getting his wish why back out of it now...

Maybe it was just to save face? i dont know, but he could have said a lot of other things too. Like yes its about time. I was never going to play for that chump. I am sorry broncos but i can not trust you, thanks for trading me........Yada yada.

But he said something positive, something to resolve this situation. I dont want to be traded. I like it here, i never wanted it to get this far.

So we can build upon the resolution and get a result with no trades. Simply by calling him on his words. Make his actions speak them...Or we can just plain ignore it, like he was doing to pat and Mcd and trade him.....

What do you think would be best?

If he liked it here he should have acted like it. Leaving the state and allegedly ignoring calls says a lot. Bypassing $100K and missing time with his team says more.

I think he is in damage control mode now and is trying to make himself look better.

Either way, it is beyond reconciling now. He doesn't trust McD. McD doesn't trust Jay. This would be a distraction that would be magnified by every poor coaching decision, every poor QB decision, every INT, every loss, every argument, etc. The best thing is to move on and make the best of it.

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't like middle-skinned white QB's. That is why I like Simms. If you can get sun burned by a light bulb, I bet you will be good.

tubby
04-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't like middle-skinned white QB's. That is why I like Simms. If you can get sun burned by a light bulb, I bet you will be good.

And he is not a diabetic drunk. :cool:

Rex
04-02-2009, 11:12 AM
uh oh

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:12 AM
And he is not a diabetic drunk. :cool:

Right. So he should have a couple of rings by 2015.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Right. So he should have a couple of rings by 2015.

he'll have as many as cutler

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
he'll have as many as cutler

No, he'll have more. 2 is more than zero.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:18 AM
No, he'll have more. 2 is more than zero.

he'll have the same

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
he'll have the same

When is Cutler going to win his?

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:20 AM
If he liked it here he should have acted like it. Leaving the state and allegedly ignoring calls says a lot. Bypassing $100K and missing time with his team says more.

I think he is in damage control mode now and is trying to make himself look better.

Either way, it is beyond reconciling now. He doesn't trust McD. McD doesn't trust Jay. This would be a distraction that would be magnified by every poor coaching decision, every poor QB decision, every INT, every loss, every argument, etc. The best thing is to move on and make the best of it.

Yeah he should have acted like it, but so what, lets put it behind us. He messed up, the FO messed up. I dont care who did it first, last or more. I just want it fixed.

As for damage control that could certainly be the case. I do not discount that. But we can either use it, or lose it and forget about which in turn will result in us losing him as our QB.

Why though, is it beyond reconciliation? IS there some deadline we passed? Nothing is irreprable yet. They can both grow up and get over it. There is nothing out there that says they cant.....Trust can be rebuilt. On the field they might actually trust each other. Its the off field where they dont. They were both excited to play in the new system with each other. Its the fact that Jay doesnt believe Mcd has him in his long term plans that set him off. And its jay willingness to ask for a trade that set the coach off. (im sure there are more things, but we dont really know from all the bs thats been played out.)

I dont see why it would be? Every loss, int, bad coaching move etc etc. Jay got into it with bates all the time. So did brandon a year or two back. Remember when brandon got all pissed off and said then trade me...Obviously he didnt take it as far as jay, but there was still never an issue after that. If they were to come to terms. Jay would know that there is not a QB on our roster or available that could come in and out produce him. So even if Mcd got on his case for a stupid pass or whatever, he will know he is not going to be traded, benched etc... The opposite holds true for Mcd.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
When is Cutler going to win his?

dont care, once he has left the Broncos I couldn't care less.

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Wow, you really are being duped by Cutler. WOW. :lol:

BeefStew25
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
dont care, once he has left the Broncos I couldn't care less.

That is what I am saying. Simms will win a couple of rings and then retire due to severe sunburns. WHo knows about the other guy.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, you really are being duped by Cutler. WOW. :lol:

i am jay cutler Bitch!

:D

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
If he's opening the door, the Broncos should at least try to mend this - with Cutler's help. If he still ignores them, then eff him.

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Why though, is it beyond reconciliation? IS there some deadline we passed?

Yea, 3 weeks ago when McD wanted to speak to him one on one and he refused.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
If he's opening the door, the Broncos should at least try to mend this - with Cutler's help. If he still ignores them, then eff him.

he's not opening the door. He's trying to look good to his new team.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
he's not opening the door. He's trying to look good to his new team.

I tend to believe that as well, but why not give him one more call.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM

its over man, let it go. :coffee:

Tempus Fugit
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Well, apparently his phone is broken because he doesn't seem to be able to receive the calls that the Broncos front office claim to have made and he also must have missed the call that his agent claims he made to him.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I think Cutler is a little bitch, and it wouldn't break my heart to see him go. I also believe he is overrated, and the constant "Pro-Bowl" references make me want to puke.

That said, it wouldn't upset me if they reconciled and he remained a Bronco.

shank

this is how i feel. i still want jay cutler here, but it seems like jay and the FO are taking turns trying to be the bigger man, only to be blown off by the other party. if they can manage to get their cycles to match up and something can be resolved, then do it. but if cutler doesn't want to be a bronco, then i do not want him to be a bronco and we should use the opportunity to improve the team.

Rex
I think Cutler is a little bitch, and it wouldn't break my heart to see him go. I also believe he is overrated.

That said, it wouldn't upset me if they reconciled and he remained a Bronco.

Profound.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea, 3 weeks ago when McD wanted to speak to him one on one and he refused.

hey i am not saying that was right. But you know the phraze you never know what you truely had until you've lost it.

Well, what if the broncos actively (again, or not) trying to trade him really opened his eyes. And he realized oh shyt, i could end up in det, or somewhere. That would blow. Hey wait guys, i am sorry, you are a good golfer i am not, you are smarter then me. you are good looking, i am not attractive. Sort of thing.

Its not the point about what he did in the past or if he is telling the truth now or just saving face with more lies.

Its the fact that there can be a quick easy resolution to all of this if the broncos can just do what jay just claimed. Let it go, meet with him today, no excuses, and get it ironed out...

They are not losing anything by just exploring the option of him telling the truth, so why not try?

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:35 AM
hey i am not saying that was right. But you know the phraze you never know what you truely had until you've lost it.

Well, what if the broncos actively (again, or not) trying to trade him really opened his eyes. And he realized oh shyt, i could end up in det, or somewhere. That would blow. Hey wait guys, i am sorry, you are a good golfer i am not, you are smarter then me. you are good looking, i am not attractive. Sort of thing.

Its not the point about what he did in the past or if he is telling the truth now or just saving face with more lies.

Its the fact that there can be a quick easy resolution to all of this if the broncos can just do what jay just claimed. Let it go, meet with him today, no excuses, and get it ironed out...

They are not losing anything by just exploring the option of him telling the truth, so why not try?

The problem is, the Brass cant really afford to keep playing games with him. If Jay wants to be a Bronco and your correct on your assumptions than i think Jay needs to make the effort now to reconcile this. Its no longer up to McD or Bowlen to fix this as they have done what they could. If Jay wants to stay, then he needs to get together with them and make the effort to fix this situation. Why should the Brass keep chasing their tails to accomodate someone who cant seem to make up his mind?

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I dont understand those of you saying that this could still work out. It is a done deal, its over... get over it, you'll be much more content.

Thnikkaman
04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
this is how i feel. i still want jay cutler here, but it seems like jay and the FO are taking turns trying to be the bigger man, only to be blown off by the other party. if they can manage to get their cycles to match up and something can be resolved, then do it. but if cutler doesn't want to be a bronco, then i do not want him to be a bronco and we should use the opportunity to improve the team.

Maybe they can share an apartment together. I hear that women that live together for a while have their cycles at the same time.

Dirk
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I am not sticking up here for Cutler by any means...

But all this crucifying of Jay and none for McD is just crazy. It all started with him and his lies.

McD scenario:
I am coming to Denver because I want to coach you.....(ooh I'm gonna trade for Cassel), errr...(ooh, I better play damage control)....I only listened to an offer and told them no...(err...I need to speak to the media) Jay and I have been communicating over the last couple of days....(errr....why did Bowlen say we haven't gotten a response in 10 days?)...

So in summary for my feelings on the whole mess,

I don't want Jay if he can't man up and be the leader.
I don't want McD because he is a liar.

Plain and simple.

Unfortunately, we all have to suffer the bed that Bowlen made for the fans....

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
The problem is, the Brass cant really afford to keep playing games with him. If Jay wants to be a Bronco and your correct on your assumptions than i think Jay needs to make the effort now to reconcile this. Its no longer up to McD or Bowlen to fix this as they have done what they could. If Jay wants to stay, then he needs to get together with them and make the effort to fix this situation. Why should the Brass keep chasing their tails to accomodate someone who cant seem to make up his mind?

i am not saying they should chase him down or try to contact him again. I am just saying they should listen and give it a shot if its for real...If they want to call jay or cook and say ok- last chance right here. Find a time in the next 2 days to meet us and fix this or you will get traded. Then thats fine too....But them chasing jay around and playing more games is nonsense. That ship has sailed.

All the chips are in now. But if jay or cook does contact pat or Mcd and says lets give it a shot, they should not do what majority on here are saying. Thats turn a deaf ear, you whined, its over its irreprable, etc. We are trading you, they should listen.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I dont understand those of you saying that this could still work out. It is a done deal, its over... get over it, you'll be much more content.

But this is what i dont understand, why is it over? If jay is sincere and meant what he said, why can it not get fixed?

I am not losing any sleep over this whole thing, but i also dont want to see my favorite team flush their best shot at winning down the tiolet because they are to proud to give it one more chance, or open up their deaf ear. If they do then so be it. It IMO would not be the right way to go but we already know where i stand- Fix the dam thing.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
:tsk: its over, dude

lewik
04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Bowlen is showing his prowess here. He knows Cutler is being manipulated by Cook and is calling him out.

I hope...:drinking:

OB
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
This is getting bizarre - he said, they said, he said - my god - this is so elementary - why are they all acting like a bunch of fuctards - for real - someone MAN up and tell the truth - I for one am sick of all the LYING by ALL of them

bcbronc
04-02-2009, 12:14 PM
i am not saying they should chase him down or try to contact him again. I am just saying they should listen and give it a shot if its for real...If they want to call jay or cook and say ok- last chance right here. Find a time in the next 2 days to meet us and fix this or you will get traded. Then thats fine too....But them chasing jay around and playing more games is nonsense. That ship has sailed.

All the chips are in now. But if jay or cook does contact pat or Mcd and says lets give it a shot, they should not do what majority on here are saying. Thats turn a deaf ear, you whined, its over its irreprable, etc. We are trading you, they should listen.

it's simple really: if Jay wants to be a Bronco all he needs to do is get his ass on a plane and get to Dove Valley. I have no doubts at all that if he were to walk into McDaniels office this afternoon, shut the door behind him, and MAN UP, this would be resolved tomorrow.

But Jay's too busy looking for his phone that he somehow misplaced and just can't seem to find, so it ain't going to happen.

underrated29
04-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Is he not back here in denver? I thought he was. If he is still in Nashville, then yes its pretty much over. For some reason i thought he flew back here yesterday or something.

Did he really lose his phone? Is that something he said, or just what we are saying since he cant answer or return a phone call??

MOtorboat
04-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Is he not back here in denver? I thought he was. If he is still in Nashville, then yes its pretty much over. For some reason i thought he flew back here yesterday or something.

Did he really lose his phone? Is that something he said, or just what we are saying since he cant answer or return a phone call??

He's in Nashville. That's where he talked to Glazer at.

weazel
04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
in Nashville, with a phone that only accepts calls from Bus Cook and media types... damn verizon

bcbronc
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM

I made up the phone bit. sorry. :lie:

Gamechanger
04-02-2009, 12:27 PM
this team is looking more like chickens at a slaughter than the Denver Broncos

I wonder what Shanahan thinks?

weazel
04-02-2009, 12:28 PM
this team is looking more like chickens at a slaughter than the Denver Broncos

I wonder what Shanahan thinks?

Shanahan thinks his golf game is getting really good.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Shanahangotanicetan.

Gamechanger
04-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Shanahangotanicetan.

:ghey:

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
damn