PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Trying to Land Cutler

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/redskins-trying-to-land-cutler.html#more

The Washington Redskins are actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler tonight, according to NFL sources.

One source said the Redskins are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available today when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached for comment tonight.

The Redskins declined comment.

The source said Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Another NFL source said a high-ranking Redskins official contacted one NFL team today about the possibility of trading quarterback Jason Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. That source said he interpreted the Redskins' overture as an attempt by Washington to put together a package to acquire Cutler.

Redskins spokesman Zack Bolno denied the team had inquired about dealing Campbell.

Team officials have publicly denied interest in Cutler. Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, said March 17 that the team was not pursuing Cutler and coach Jim Zorn dismissed the notion while meeting with reporters at the NFL owners' meetings in Dana Point, Calif., last week.

If the Redskins fail to acquire Cutler, they risk alienating Campbell, who has been the starter the past two seasons. Campbell, reached earlier today on his cellphone while he was at a charity event, said he wants to stay in Washington.

''I want to be here, I feel like there's a lot I want to accomplish and that's what I've been working to do, but you know it's not in your control,'' Campbell said. ''All I can do is just keep doing what I'm doing, working hard and waiting to see what happens.''

Last season, he was among the main targets of frustrated fans, who questioned his intelligence and leadership skills on Internet message boards and sports-talk radio, during the team's 2-6 second-half collapse after a 6-2 start. The offensive line struggled in pass protection, and the receiving corps did not produce as Snyder and Cerrato hoped, but "everyone always want to blame the quarterback," Campbell said today. "I know I'm improving, I'm working to get better every day, but some people are ... you just know that's the way it is."

After the Redskins failed to qualify for the playoffs, Cerrato declined to commit to Campbell as the quarterback beyond the 2009 season. Zorn has continued to publicly support Campbell, who in only his second full season as a starter last season established personal bests with an 84.3 passer rating, 3,245 yards and 13 touchdown passes while throwing only six interceptions.

Zorn, however, has stopped short of declaring Campbell a "franchise quarterback," saying the former first-round draft pick possesses the skills to become an elite player. Having played in three offensive systems in his first four NFL seasons with Washington, Campbell was eager to begin his second season in Zorn's version of the West Coast offense.

"I was definitely looking forward to being in the same offense for another year and seeing what we could together," Campbell said. "Being in a different system almost every year, you just don't get as comfortable as when you're in the same system for a lot of years. It's just different."

Although Campbell still hopes to be Washington's starting quarterback in fall, "with all the stuff out there, you know crazy stuff happens in this league," he said. "You just have to be ready for anything.

"A bunch of trade talk is what got Cutler mad at Denver, that's the reason all that stuff started with him, but I wouldn't do all that. The thing you understand that there's no loyalty in this game, so you just have to work hard. That's all you can do."

Cutler is one of only three NFL quarterbacks to throw for at least 25 touchdown passes and 4,500 yards last season, and has developed well the past two seasons as a starter, to the point where some believe he is on the cusp of becoming a star. A trade for a young quarterback of his pedigree is somewhat unprecedented, and the Broncos had attempted to repair the frayed relationship between Cutler and rookie head coach Josh McDaniels, not wanting to deal him until determining the situation was beyond repair.

Cutler expressed a desire to leave after the Broncos reportedly pursued a trade for New England quarterback Matt Cassel, whom McDaniels had coached with the Patriots, and the situation deteriorated to the point where Bowlen finally decided to try to trade Cutler.

Cutler was the 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft out of Vanderbilt, and was heralded for his strong arm, size, strength and athleticism. He replaced Jake Plummer as Denver's starter in late November of his rookie season, and finished 2007 as the league's 12th-rated passer. In 2008 he reached the Pro Bowl, but some scouts have pointed to his high interception totals as a cause of concern. He has been intercepted 32 times in 32 games the past two seasons, and threw at least one interception in 13 of his 16 starts last year. Cutler has failed to post a winning record as a starter, although Denver's poor defense certainly played a role in that.

Washington's West Coast offense under Zorn is not identical to what Mike Shanahan ran for Cutler in Denver, although there are similar principles. The Redskins also lack the star wide receivers Cutler worked with in Denver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Unlikely-candidate-in-the-Jay-Cutler-sweepstakes?urn=nfl,152120

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:29 pm EDT

Unlikely candidate in the Jay Cutler sweepstakes: The Redskins
By MJD
There are a lot of obvious answers to the question, "Who would want Jay Cutler?", mainly because there are a lot of teams in the NFL with bad quarterbacks. One not-so-obvious team has been identified as "among the leading candidates" for Cutler, and that's the Washington Redskins.

On one hand, I guess it should have been obvious, given Dan Snyder's affinity for buying any shiny new item out there on the market. On the other hand, though, the Jason Campbell era has been progressing pretty well, yes? His quarterback rating has improved each year he's been in the league, topping out at 84.3 last year.

It's not that Cutler isn't better than Campbell -- Cutler is better than Campbell -- I just wouldn't have pegged the Redskins as a team that would've been unhappy with their quarterback situation.

The Bears? Sure. Most kitchen appliances would perform as well as Kyle Orton. The Jets? Absolutely. If Kellen Clemens was any good, he'd have earned the job by now. The Lions? By all means. It would definitely help them to add a second decent player to the roster.

But I'm not sure what to make of the Redskins interest. Quarterback is far and away the most important position on the field, and I guess if you can improve there at all, you should look into it. But is it worth giving up the draft picks it would take to acquire Cutler when you've got a decent situation with Campbell?

I don't know. I'm a believer in Cutler (more than most, according to my inbox), and if the Redskins aren't going to do any better with their draft picks than Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly, then it probably is.

Update: The Washington Post's Redskins Insider blog reports that the 'Skins are "actively pursuing" Jay Cutler.

jrelway
04-01-2009, 09:13 PM
dayam!

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Whoever gets him needs to pay out the ass.

Wouldn't it be hilarous if we fleeced the Redskins again.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM
''I want to be here, I feel like there's a lot I want to accomplish and that's what I've been working to do, but you know it's not in your control,'' Campbell said. ''All I can do is just keep doing what I'm doing, working hard and waiting to see what happens.''

I wish our QB would have reacted in the same manner.

jrelway
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM
most likely we'd be getting the fleecing. campbell is a joke and cannot throw under pressure. colt brennan, a 1st and a 3rd doesnt sound bad.

claymore
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
If you put Dog shit in Campbells head, he would be a physically superior Plummer. Other than that I hope he isnt involved with us.

DenBronx
Whoever gets him needs to pay out the ass.

Wouldn't it be hilarous if we fleeced the Redskins again.

the redskins getting cutler is called fleecing us.

claymore

He would be a perenial backup if he did. Cutler isnt stupid.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM

:confused:

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM

im sure brady and manning would act the same. you dont flirt with the idea of trading away the teams best player and expect him to act like a good little school boy. campbell isnt anywhere near the talent of cutler. better for him to keep his mouth shut or he's out the door.

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 09:24 PM
the redskins getting cutler is called fleecing us.

Not if we got their 1st this year, their 1st next year, Jason Campbell, and maybe another pick or player.

omac
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
"The Bears? Sure. Most kitchen appliances would perform as well as Kyle Orton."

LOL :D Orton's cool, though. Very good poise under pressure, just not that great arm strength.

omac
04-01-2009, 09:33 PM

Perceived worth equates to leverage. Cutler is highly sought after by many teams; Redskins ownership have decided not to extend Campbell's contract, so he's not even in high demand in his own team.

Exact same thing happens in the business world. The ones who are highly sought after can make their demands. The ones who aren't can't.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 09:42 PM
im sure brady and manning would act the same. you dont flirt with the idea of trading away the teams best player and expect him to act like a good little school boy. campbell isnt anywhere near the talent of cutler. better for him to keep his mouth shut or he's out the door.

Cutler is no where near the level of Brady and Manning.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Perceived worth equates to leverage. Cutler is highly sought after by many teams; Redskins ownership have decided not to extend Campbell's contract, so he's not even in high demand in his own team.

Exact same thing happens in the business world. The ones who are highly sought after can make their demands. The ones who aren't can't.

Point is, Cutler didn't react professionally.

JMO, of course.

weazel
04-01-2009, 09:45 PM

that would take intergrity

Buff
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Not if we got their 1st this year, their 1st next year, Jason Campbell, and maybe another pick or player.

I really don't want Campbell. Give us LaRon Landry instead and maybe make next year's 1st a 2nd instead.

sanluis
04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I see the Skins being the team to land Cutler. No players, just picks unless the Skins have someone on the roster that would be a perfect Nose Tackle. Otherwise I would just take draft
picks.

EMB6903
04-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Denver is gonna rob Snyder

Im cool with racking up draft picks along with Campbell

or Landry/Campbell and a 1st for Cutler and a 2

claymore
04-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I see the Skins being the team to land Cutler. No players, just picks unless the Skins have someone on the roster that would be a perfect Nose Tackle. Otherwise I would just take draft
picks.

We cant afford Haynesworth. Skins problem is they are trying to justify Campbells pick.

It sucks to be on this side of the fence right now. I hope your enjoying your Mojitos.

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I really don't want Campbell. Give us LaRon Landry instead and maybe make next year's 1st a 2nd instead.
Now that is even better.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Portis?

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Do you really not see the irony of statements like this when you post them?

claymore
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Irony? Are you freakin serious? LMMFAO!

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM

welcome aboard.....and no i dont.

weazel
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
were gonna get fleeced on any trade. McDaniles is gonna get schooled.

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Irony? Are you freakin serious? LMMFAO!

Yes, Irony. Belittling Campbell in comparison to Cutler while equating Cutler to Manning and Brady.

omac
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Actually it's Cutler who now wants to leave, and has the high demand from other teams; it's Campbell who's desperately trying to stay, or even make a team in the NFL if he gets cut after this coming season. No irony there at all.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:06 PM
were gonna get fleeced on any trade. McDaniles is gonna get schooled.

by him not pulling the trigger on cassel, detriots #1 and #20 is proof of that. his excuse was he didnt have enough time....now were going to end up with simms as our starter and a 2nd round pick.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Actually it's Cutler who now wants to leave, and has the high demand from other teams; it's Campbell who's desperately trying to stay, or even make a team in the NFL if he gets cut after this coming season. No irony there at all.

Campbell would have a job in the NFL if the 'Skins cut him loose.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM

i wouldnt call QBing for the raiders a job.

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 10:10 PM

That's not the irony I was referring to.

sanluis
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
We cant afford Haynesworth. Skins problem is they are trying to justify Campbells pick.

It sucks to be on this side of the fence right now. I hope your enjoying your Mojitos.

They can trade Campbell to someone else for a ham sandwich. If they want Jay then they have already admitted the Campbell mistake a little IMO.

The Mojitos are good:D

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 10:12 PM
How about Landry, Colt Brennan, 1st, and 3rd?

GEM
04-01-2009, 10:12 PM

I thought the same thing as I read through that.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
i wouldnt call QBing for the raiders a job.

Campbell will have a job in the NFL if he is cut loose. Raiders or otherwise.

He is a decent quarterback. Not bad, not great. But NFL worthy.

omac
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM

Definite maybe. :D I see him like a Shaun Hill; not a definite starter, but on a team without a solid QB, he'd be competing for the starting job; otherwise, a backup. Definitely not highly sought after. Doesn't mean he can't become great one day; just how he is perceived right now. Heck, despite being the Redskins starter, they won't renew extend his contract until he proves to be a better player than he has been. Also, despite that, he's supposedly being shopped around for a 2nd round pick, so that they can add that to what they're offering Denver. They can't even put him in the trade for Denver, even though Denver would need a QB.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM

i actually like colt brennan. let him and simms battle it out untile we can pick in the top 5 next year to draft another qb.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Campbell will have a job in the NFL if he is cut loose. Raiders or otherwise.

He is a decent quarterback. Not bad, not great. But NFL worthy.

just a journeyman.

and for the record i dont think campbell would end up in denver. he would just be apart of the 3-way deal sending him to a team like tampa or the jets or even detriot.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:19 PM
The Redskins have nothing worthwhile to offer us.

Dont mention Jason Campbell.....he's a pile of shit

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:21 PM

It is obvious you have no scouting ability whatsoever.

Please leave the site.

tia.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
It is obvious you have no scouting ability whatsoever.

Please leave the site.

tia.

Coming from a guy that expect Cutler to be perfect in his 2nd full season as a starter :rolleyes:

I think it's best that you leave :coffee:

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:23 PM
just a journeyman.

and for the record i dont think campbell would end up in denver. he would just be apart of the 3-way deal sending him to a team like tampa or the jets or even detriot.

Don't get me wrong - I don't want him, but he is not a scrub. 60%+ accuracy, 1.2% INT/attempt (BTW, Cutler is 2.9%).

He is an NFL caliber QB. Starter? Probably not, but he can manage a game.

Oh, and his 2 1/2 year record as a starter? 16-20. Sound familiar?

slim
04-01-2009, 10:23 PM

He is still a young QB. He has also shown improvement every year.

Hardly a pile of shit.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Coming from a guy that expect Cutler to be perfect in his 2nd full season as a starter :rolleyes:

I think it's best that you leave :coffee:

I know of many QB's in their 2nd year with winning records.

Sorry if I have high expectations for a "franchise" quarterback.

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Every current QB in the NFL not named Cutler, Manning or Brady is a piece of shit apparently, and all are doing a job we would dream of doing for free.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Don't get me wrong - I don't want him, but he is not a scrub. 60%+ accuracy, 1.2% INT/attempt (BTW, Cutler is 2.9%).

He is an NFL caliber QB. Starter? Probably not, but he can manage a game.

Oh, and his 2 1/2 year record as a starter? 16-20. Sound familiar?

he had a hot streak last year. nothing more...he has reached his full potential in 2 years. to me he's not even a game manager. i mean if you want this type of qb then might as well daft patrick white.

Buff
04-01-2009, 10:32 PM

No to Brennan. No to Campbell. And no to Mark Brunell.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:35 PM
he had a hot streak last year. nothing more...he has reached his full potential in 2 years. to me he's not even a game manager. i mean if you want this type of qb then might as well daft patrick white.

Are you talking about Cutler?

shank
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
give me colt brennan and a station wagon full of picks and i'll be happy.

shank
04-01-2009, 10:37 PM

i like

omac

Also add to that, the Redskins had great defense; 4th in yards allowed per game, 6th in poinst allowed per game, and 8th in yards allowed per play. That's an excellent defensive team. The offense wouldn't need to score a lot to win a game. They were also 8th in rushing.

In his defense, though, he's had to go through way too many different offensive systems to have any sort of consistency.

ikillz0mbies
No to Brennan. No to Campbell. And no to Mark Brunell.

Mark Brunell is with the Saints. And it should be at least one of the better deals out there. I think a lot of people on here would only trade Cutler if the Broncos got Manning in return. I guess it could happen...

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Brennan would be nice and picks... A guy who is hungry and eager and wants to play, and won't have to live under the shadow of Elway, but a sulky mopheaded bitch like Cutler. This scenario is intriguing. Quinn or Brennan...

There are good outcomes here guys.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Are you talking about Cutler?

sir if you get the franchise probowl qb of the broncos confused with jason campbell again i will have you shot.

and no....i was referancing campbell.

Buff
04-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Mark Brunell is with the Saints. And it should be at least one of the better deals out there. I think a lot of people on here would only trade Cutler if the Broncos got Manning in return. I guess it could happen...

I don't want Warren Moon either. I've heard his name come up.

shank
brennan looked really good in preseason and has a lot of experience in a spread offense. his presence in a trade wouldn't be huge, so there would still be a lot of other compensation. if quinn is involved, he will be valued so high that we get less compensation beyond him.

DenBronx
didnt brennan have a pretty impressive preseason?

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:41 PM
brennan looked really good in preseason and has a lot of experience in a spread offense. his presence in a trade wouldn't be huge, so there would still be a lot of other compensation. if quinn is involved, he will be valued so high that we get less compensation beyond him.

he's just not that tall though...

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 10:41 PM
I think in his first exhibition action he had a QB rating of like 150... I think he's like 6'2"

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:42 PM
sir if you get the franchise probowl qb of the broncos confused with jason campbell again i will have you shot.

and no....i was referancing campbell.

Sorry - I stopped reading after "franchise probowl".

Buff
give me colt brennan and a station wagon full of picks and i'll be happy.

Guy got booted out of CU for being a douche. He's 190 lbs soaking wet. I'll pass.

shank
he's just not that tall though...

he's 6'3"

getlynched47
Sorry - I stopped reading after "franchise probowl".

yeah because your opinion is superior to everybody elses opinion :rolleyes:

pathetic...

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
He's listed at 6'3" 212.

Northman
04-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I heard Denver is in talks with Wal-mart about aquiring Ryan Leaf. Championship!

slim

pathetic...

Oh, the irony

shank
Guy got booted out of CU for being a douche. He's 190 lbs soaking wet. I'll pass.

didn't know about that CU thing... but i don't place too much importance on weight for a QB :whoknows:

dogfish
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
why trade for brennan when cliff kingsbury can be signed as a free agent for like a buck fifty?

slim
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
didn't know about that CU thing... but i don't place too much importance on weight for a QB :whoknows:

Good point, shank. I don't think weight should be a considered either. That goes for both QB's and accountants.

slim
04-01-2009, 10:46 PM
why trade for brennan when cliff kingsbury can be signed as a free agent for like a buck fifty?

Yeah, the whole Colt Brennan thing needs to stop.

You guys are ragging on Jason Campbell, but you like Colt Brennan? C'mon, boys....get your minds right.

omac
04-01-2009, 10:47 PM

In contrast, I think there are some who'd rather Cutler have much less trade value than he obviously has.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
He's listed at 6'3" 212.

thanks for the clarification. in that case....i like his ability as a qb. him and simms would have a chance to prove their a starter. i think brennan has alot of upside and would fit the spread offense very well. he's pretty mobile too...

BroncoJoe

pathetic...

His election to the Pro-Bowl was a farse. Anyone without orange glasses on would realize this.

He could be a franchise quarterback, but unfortunately we'll never know because he is a whiny little bitch.

pathetic...

shank
Yeah, the whole Colt Brennan thing needs to stop.

You guys are ragging on Jason Campbell, but you like Colt Brennan? C'mon, boys....get your minds right.

i didn't rag on campbell. i like him too, but there was an article saying that he could be valued at around a 2nd round pick. so i wouldn't mind brennan's lower value so taht we get more picks, because i feel he could be good in McD's spread.

bullis26
04-02-2009, 12:45 AM

actually it was for mainly drugs..... not being a douche.... dumbass? yes

shank
04-02-2009, 12:46 AM
actually it was for mainly drugs..... not being a douche.... dumbass? yes

he got drunk, went into a girls room and exposed himself from what i read.

dude sounds pretty cool to me.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Brennan played with June Jones' in a Run N' Shoot style offense similar to what McDaniels will run. If he didn't have the fiasco at CU and played at two different programs, he definitely would've been higher than a 6. A young, hungry guy eager to prove himself and wanting to be a Starter is what we all want. I'm not saying he's the answer but he can come cheap.

lex
04-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Brennan played with June Jones' in a Run N' Shoot style offense similar to what McDaniels will run. If he didn't have the fiasco at CU and played at two different programs, he definitely would've been higher than a 6. A young, hungry guy eager to prove himself and wanting to be a Starter is what we all want. I'm not saying he's the answer but he can come cheap.

Good grief. The guy has no arm. AT ALL. We're talking about moving one of the most talented QBs to come through the pike in several years and you guys are fawning over Colt Brennan???!!! WTH! This is like going from filet mignon to fighting for crumbs that are on the floor. Sad.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:02 AM
There will be a new QB. Hate to break it to you. Better deal with it as best as you can. Speculating a replacement is no big deal.

shank
04-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Good grief. The guy has no arm. AT ALL. We're talking about moving one of the most talented QBs to come through the pike in several years and you guys are fawning over Colt Brennan???!!! WTH! This is like going from filet mignon to fighting for crumbs that are on the floor. Sad.

who's fawning lex?

I'm not saying he's the answer but he can come cheap.

wow, he's ******* enamored :coffee:

we aren't going to replace cutler with someone as talented as cutler... that's why this situation sucks... BUT maybe we don't need someone as talented as cutler to run this system, especially if we get a lot of other good players to fortify the rest of the team.

lex
04-02-2009, 01:25 AM
who's fawning lex?

wow, he's ******* enamored :coffee:

we aren't going to replace cutler with someone as talented as cutler... that's why this situation sucks... BUT maybe we don't need someone as talented as cutler to run this system, especially if we get a lot of other good players to fortify the rest of the team.

I realize we're not going to get someone as talented as Cutler but why someone at the total opposite end of the spectrum.

JKcatch724
04-02-2009, 01:28 AM
I realize we're not going to get someone as talented as Cutler but why someone at the total opposite end of the spectrum.

What makes you say he's at the opposite side of the spectrum?

On a side note, what if we traded Cutler for Spagnuolo straight up? Would your head explode?

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah, everyone knows Brennan sucks ass with the ZERO Starts he has had in his long tenure with the Skins.

He was highly praised and set records in college. June knows QBs and loved him, but he doesn't know QBs like you do Lex.

I love it here how every QB in the NFL not named Brady, Manning or Cutler sucks ass and couldn't hold Cutler's zero playoff experience socks and doesn't even belong in the League. Get real. Have a drink or a smoke or something. Relax.

lex
04-02-2009, 01:42 AM
What makes you say he's at the opposite side of the spectrum?
Im not teaching nursery school.

On a side note, what if we traded Cutler for Spagnuolo straight up? Would your head explode?

NM

lex
04-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah, everyone knows Brennan sucks ass with the ZERO Starts he has had in his long tenure with the Skins.

He was highly praised and set records in college. June knows QBs and loved him, but he doesn't know QBs like you do Lex.

I love it here how every QB in the NFL not named Brady, Manning or Cutler sucks ass and couldn't hold Cutler's zero playoff experience socks and doesn't even belong in the League. Get real. Have a drink or a smoke or something. Relax.

Have fun with your Colt Brennan Fan Club. Let me know when he makes it to the hall of fame.

You guys are hilarious.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm not saying he's the answer but he (Brennan) can come cheap.

Yep. That is me, clearly the Colt Brennan fan club.

Go root for St. Louis.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 01:50 AM
No one is saying that Colt Brennan will be the Broncos QB. If the Broncos were to trade Cutler to the Redskins, he provides more potential than Jason Campbell and is an interesting prospect to keep an eye on. I can guarantee that a majority of the people on here are not happy that Cutler will not be the starting Broncos QB next year.

But since the trade is inevitable, there is nothing wrong with speculating and trying to come up with a good trade scenario. Even if the Broncos can come up with the best trade possible, a lot of people on here would call it a bad trade regardless. That's a given. What ever the Broncos get in return for Cutler, if they even get a QB in return, everyone will say that he won't be as good as Cutler.

Like I said at a previous thread, no one will be happy unless this team gets back a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. And since that is 99.9% unlikely, what ever the Broncos get in return for Cutler, people will bitch...and bitch...and bitch.

dogfish
04-02-2009, 01:50 AM
I love it here how every QB in the NFL not named Brady, Manning or Cutler sucks ass

you keep saying that, but it's just a bad exaggeration of what others are saying. . . we ALL realize we're not going to get an elite QB in return for jay, but when you're talking about the likes of colt brennan-- or jason campbell for that matter, or matt leinart, kyle orton, brady queen, derek anderson, luke mccown, tarvaris jackson, kellen clemens, vince young, alex smith, drew stanton, or anyone else that we're likely to get included in a package deal for cutler from the teams that are likely to want him-- well, there isn't one player on that list that is a better NFL quarterback than chris simms or has proven more in this league than he has. . .

so why SHOULD broncos fans be excited to get any of those guys as potential replacements for a dynamic, productive, durable, proven young QB coming off an excellent individual season and still possessing a world of unrealized potential? those guys are all scrubs, not one of 'em starts on a team with a competent QB on the roster-- what reason is there to think that colt brennan can beat out darrell hackney? because he had a good preseason game? seriously. . . if we ewre talking about somebody like hasselbeck, mcnabb, matt schaub, aaron rodgers, then i don't think people would be calling them shit-- but colt brennan was a 6th round pick for a reason, he's a scrawny, noodle-armed little nothing that will break the first time he takes an NFL hit-- who cares if he lit it up in a spread offense against WAC competition in college? cliff kingsbury posted sick numebrs too-- so did graham harrell, and he'll be lucky if he gets drafted. . . i'd say colt brennan's at least as exciting a prospect as clifford russell or mark fenton. . . .

JKcatch724
04-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Im not teaching nursery school.

:confused:

Why would McD not be able to do with Brennan (who single-handedly took his team to the Sugar Bowl) what did with Cassel (who couldn't beat out Leinart). Nobody's saying he has the tools Cutler has... but if he fits the system, which seems to be likely given the offense he ran in Hawaii, it's certainly an interesting idea.

How many times would I have to kick your head for it to explode?

:shocked:

Easy there, killer. Let's not get angry or anything...

To answer your question, though, it seems to me it would probably take a numerous amount of kicks, assuming your shoes are not rigged with explosives. :rolleyes:

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Dog, if Denver Drafts Stafford or Sanchez, guess what? Everyone will hate grooming a rookie. Some have said here Stafford and Sanchez SUCK NOW without seeing any action in the pros, and the money they will command too.

Getting a guy with at least some experience would be better who is young, hungry, who has talent and tools, possibly a future, and with a guy like McD who knows QBs and is familiar with the system somewhat, and not having to learn all over again... Like Quinn or Brennan. Who, as I said will come cheap.

...a lot of those guys can be considered better than Simms too, at least prototypically.

I'm not sweating anyone. Brennan, Quinn... nobody. I want what is best for the team. Cutler apparently is not, so I have accepted the fact there will be a new guy here and I won't cry and bitch about it every day and kill the Coach and wish someone else was here. We are stuck with Mcdaniels. No sense crying over it. This team needs to move on and get ready with or without Cutler. Period.

DenBronx
04-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Dog, if Denver Drafts Stafford or Sanchez, guess what? Everyone will hate grooming a rookie. Some have said here Stafford and Sanchez SUCK NOW without seeing any action in the pros, and the money they will command too.

Getting a guy with at least some experience would be better who is young, hungry, who has talent and tools, possibly a future, and with a guy like McD who knows QBs and is familiar with the system somewhat, and not having to learn all over again... Like Quinn or Brennan. Who, as I said will come cheap.

...a lot of those guys can be considered better than Simms too, at least prototypically.

I'm not sweating anyone. Brennan, Quinn... nobody. I want what is best for the team. Cutler apparently is not, so I have accepted the fact there will be a new guy here and I won't cry and bitch about it every day and kill the Coach and wish someone else was here. We are stuck with Mcdaniels. No sense crying over it. This team needs to move on and get ready with or without Cutler. Period.

will you think otherwise when this team tanks? will you cry "kill the coach" when we only win 4 or 5 games?

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Exactly.

Cutler is a sure thing to get traded. Once he does, it is time to move on. The Broncos get the best deal possible and work from there. It's as simple as that.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 02:09 AM
will you think otherwise when this team tanks? will you cry "kill the coach" when we only win 4 or 5 games?

Will you cry "kill the coach" if the Broncos win 13 games?

lex
04-02-2009, 02:09 AM
you keep saying that, but it's just a bad exaggeration of what others are saying. . . we ALL realize we're not going to get an elite QB in return for jay, but when you're talking about the likes of colt brennan-- or jason campbell for that matter, or matt leinart, kyle orton, brady queen, derek anderson, luke mccown, tarvaris jackson, kellen clemens, vince young, alex smith, drew stanton, or anyone else that we're likely to get included in a package deal for cutler from the teams that are likely to want him-- well, there isn't one player on that list that is a better NFL quarterback than chris simms or has proven more in this league than he has. . .

so why SHOULD broncos fans be excited to get any of those guys as potential replacements for a dynamic, productive, durable, proven young QB coming off an excellent individual season and still possessing a world of unrealized potential? those guys are all scrubs, not one of 'em starts on a team with a competent QB on the roster-- what reason is there to think that colt brennan can beat out darrell hackney? because he had a good preseason game? seriously. . . if we ewre talking about somebody like hasselbeck, mcnabb, matt schaub, aaron rodgers, then i don't think people would be calling them shit-- but colt brennan was a 6th round pick for a reason, he's a scrawny, noodle-armed little nothing that will break the first time he takes an NFL hit-- who cares if he lit it up in a spread offense against WAC competition in college? cliff kingsbury posted sick numebrs too-- so did graham harrell, and he'll be lucky if he gets drafted. . . i'd say colt brennan's at least as exciting a prospect as clifford russell or mark fenton. . . .

Colt Brennan is sort of the equivalent of a CB that runs a 4.8 40. Yeah, you dont need to run a 4.3 to play CB but there is a base level speed you need. Same is true for QBs and arm strength. If you get Colt Brennan expect to never throw the ball down field and to constnantly see 11 men within 8 yards of the LOS. People say Chad Penningtons arm is weak but he looks like Jay Cutler compared to Colt Brennan. All this Brennan talk is absurd.

And no, he doesnt have more potential than Campbell.

Italianmobstr7
04-02-2009, 02:11 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-23/Early-morning-Cutler-update.html

Early-morning Cutler update

April 2, 2009 12:23 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Washington Post reported Wednesday night that the Redskins are actively pursuing Denver quarterback Jay Cutler.

I have long heard that Washington would be in on the Cutler sweepstakes. The Redskins are one of the most aggressive franchises in the NFL. There are several teams pushing for Cutler but the Redskins can end this chase quickly.

A name surfacing around the league is Washington cornerback Carlos Rogers. He could be part of a package that would land Cutler in Washington. Whatever the package, is it is going to be complicated and it could involve multiple teams.
A source close to the situation said Wednesday night teams joining Washington in the Cutler sweepstakes include Chicago, Tampa Bay and Tennessee. The Titans' interest would be fascinating since they already have Kerry Collins and Vince Young. There are connections, though. The team's offensive coordinator, Mike Heimerdinger, coached Cutler in Denver and Cutler played at Vanderbilt in Nashville. Cutler (who attended an UFC event in Tennessee on Wednesday night) is a local hero there.

Meanwhile, the Cutler and Denver camps continue to throw verbal jabs. The Cutler side said the Broncos haven't tried to get in touch with the QB in recent days as the team said. In the team's release Tuesday night, announcing that it will pursue trading Cutler, it said Denver officials had tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with Cutler in a 10-day span. No matter what the truth is, it doesn't matter. The two sides are getting divorced. It's over.

The word around the league is Denver may not be interested in the Lions' No. 1 overall pick if it was offered.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 02:16 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-23/Early-morning-Cutler-update.html

Early-morning Cutler update

April 2, 2009 12:23 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Washington Post reported Wednesday night that the Redskins are actively pursuing Denver quarterback Jay Cutler.

I have long heard that Washington would be in on the Cutler sweepstakes. The Redskins are one of the most aggressive franchises in the NFL. There are several teams pushing for Cutler but the Redskins can end this chase quickly.

A name surfacing around the league is Washington cornerback Carlos Rogers. He could be part of a package that would land Cutler in Washington. Whatever the package, is it is going to be complicated and it could involve multiple teams.
A source close to the situation said Wednesday night teams joining Washington in the Cutler sweepstakes include Chicago, Tampa Bay and Tennessee. The Titans' interest would be fascinating since they already have Kerry Collins and Vince Young. There are connections, though. The team's offensive coordinator, Mike Heimerdinger, coached Cutler in Denver and Cutler played at Vanderbilt in Nashville. Cutler (who attended an UFC event in Tennessee on Wednesday night) is a local hero there.

Meanwhile, the Cutler and Denver camps continue to throw verbal jabs. The Cutler side said the Broncos haven't tried to get in touch with the QB in recent days as the team said. In the team's release Tuesday night, announcing that it will pursue trading Cutler, it said Denver officials had tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with Cutler in a 10-day span. No matter what the truth is, it doesn't matter. The two sides are getting divorced. It's over.

The word around the league is Denver may not be interested in the Lions' No. 1 overall pick if it was offered.

Again, that's a good start. Carlos Rogers is a pretty good CB and still young. Is it possible they throw in 2 1st rounders, Rogers, and Landry? That would be a great deal, IMO.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Colt Brennan is sort of the equivalent of a CB that runs a 4.8 40. Yeah, you dont need to run a 4.3 to play CB but there is a base level speed you need. Same is true for QBs and arm strength. If you get Colt Brennan expect to never throw the ball down field and to constnantly see 11 men within 8 yards of the LOS. People say Chad Penningtons arm is weak but he looks like Jay Cutler compared to Colt Brennan. All this Brennan talk is absurd.

And no, he doesnt have more potential than Campbell.

Now I know Lex, that you know NOTHING about Brennan and are just panicked over this debacle.

His accuracy, footwork and patience (like a certain Denver QB) was questioned but never his arm strength. Arm strength and his release were actually his strongest point. He needed a decent arm to play in Jones' pass-crazy system that is similar to the spread.

He may not have an arm like Cutler but he has a cannon compared to Pennington's Olive Oyl arm, or Plummer.

Now that we have that covered, get a clue, snap out of it, and stop putting words in my mouth. Is he a cheap option with a lot of possible upside? Yes.

Again- I DON'T WANT COLT BRENNAN. I WANT JAY CUTLER. BUT JAY CUTLER IS LEAVING. He doesn't want to be here. Deal with it.

lex
04-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Again, that's a good start. Carlos Rogers is a pretty good CB and still young. Is it possible they throw in 2 1st rounders, Rogers, and Landry? That would be a great deal, IMO.

I could be wrong but I thought I read that they were trying to trade him to acquire draft picks (or a pick) to trade to Denver. Same with Campbell.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 02:25 AM
I could be wrong but I thought I read that they were trying to trade him to acquire draft picks (or a pick) to trade to Denver. Same with Campbell.

I probably misread it myself. I would think packaging Rogers to another team makes more sense since the Redskins don't really have much to offer in terms of draft picks. They only have 4 in this entire upcoming draft. But their young talent like Rogers and Landry, I would love to see them in a Broncos uniform this season.

EMB6903
04-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Now I know Lex, that you know NOTHING about Brennan and are just panicked over this debacle.

His accuracy, footwork and patience (like a certain Denver QB) was questioned but never his arm strength. Arm strength and his release were actually his strongest point. He needed a decent arm to play in Jones' pass-crazy system that is similar to the spread.

He may not have an arm like Cutler but he has a cannon compared to Pennington's Olive Oyl arm, or Plummer.

Now that we have that covered, get a clue, snap out of it, and stop putting words in my mouth. Is he a cheap option with a lot of possible upside? Yes.

Again- I DON'T WANT COLT BRENNAN. I WANT JAY CUTLER. BUT JAY CUTLER IS LEAVING. He doesn't want to be here. Deal with it.

Brennan has a great release, but no way does he have a stronger arm than Jake Plummer, his arm strength was also a weakness coming out.

lex
04-02-2009, 02:28 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVZfWXnUAI&feature=PlayList&p=69FFB815545565F8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

JKcatch724
04-02-2009, 02:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVZfWXnUAI&feature=PlayList&p=69FFB815545565F8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

I'm not getting the point of that video...

lex
04-02-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm not getting the point of that video...

Theyre constantly discussing his lack of arm strength and how he has to put everything he has into throws that Andre Woodson makes easily.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 02:48 AM
Did someone say he has a cannon for an arm here? Hmmm. Lemme see. Nope, nope, nobody said that.

The 'experts' also said Jake Plummer will be Joe Montana.

JKcatch724
04-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Theyre constantly discussing his lack of arm strength and how he has to put everything he has into throws that Andre Woodson makes easily.

Oh... I watched the Google one. Did you change it?

lex
04-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Oh... I watched the Google one. Did you change it?

Yeah, I had to switch it to the specific one I was referring to.

Benetto
04-02-2009, 02:52 AM
I hate the Redskins...I hate them...

They took my Portis away from me, and now they are going to take my JayC...I really need a hug. From a hot chick with implants or something. :rolleyes:

JKcatch724
04-02-2009, 02:57 AM
I hate the Redskins...I hate them...

They took my Portis away from me, and now they are going to take my JayC...I really need a hug. From a hot chick with implants or something. :rolleyes:

Dude, one of my best friends is a hardcore Redskins fan. I talked Cutler up SO much for so long, and I just don't wanna know what kind of shit I'm going to have to deal with EVERY SINGLE WEEK if Cutler ends up there. I'd almost rather have him go to Oakland.

Boobies would make it okay, though.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Brennan threw 50+ times a game, you gotta have zip to play in the Run N Shoot hybrid Jones ran. I never said he had a howitzer or was John Elway. He is/was dogged for being a system QB by scouts.

I'd almost rather have him go to Oakland.

Curse you.

Benetto
04-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Dude, one of my best friends is a hardcore Redskins fan. I talked Cutler up SO much for so long, and I just don't wanna know what kind of shit I'm going to have to deal with EVERY SINGLE WEEK if Cutler ends up there. I'd almost rather have him go to Oakland.

Boobies would make it okay, though.

Most of my friends are Raiders fans...I talked up a storm about how Cutler is going to light them up for years, and they don't say shit because its been true so far...

Now, I hear how Chris Simms is going to have a organ donor on the sideline, for every play...In case his appendix bursts or something..

JKcatch724
04-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Most of my friends are Raiders fans...I talked up a storm about how Cutler is going to light them up for years, and they don't say shit because its been true so far...

Now, I hear how Chris Simms is going to have a organ donor on the sideline, for every play...In case his appendix bursts or something..

Yep. I got a hardcore Faider fan friend too, and I usually just laughed at him whenever he said "In J-Russ We Trust" and say something like "J-Russ the bust"... but now I have to just take it until it's a fact that Russell blows and we have a decent QB

Holy crap, I just realized that we play the Skins next year. If Cutler is a Redskin and we lose that game, my friend has the ultimate bragging rights until we play them next.... in four years.

DallasChief
04-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Cutler a Redskin? Why does this feel like deja vu?

Oh yeah.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t9D_ovmGhQE/Rbqpboa0nGI/AAAAAAAAAHI/F68mucFRJ1Y/s400/Jeff+George.jpg

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Any trade that brings Campbell here we lose. He is a dead roster spot as far as I am concerned. If Colt is thier bait then we better have a slew of picks and some dl starters as well.

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 08:44 AM

I don't put much stock into the fact Brennan and Quinn have ran similar offenses when they were in college for two reasons. First, they didn't against pro defenses. Second, they had smaller playbooks to work with and A LOT less terminology to digest.

Stafford and Sanchez both might be excellent quarterbacks when all is said and done, but the odds are stacked against them.

You're right Denver is stuck with McDaniels for now. If this teams does McDaniels will more than likely be gone within two to three years. For those that think he'll get four or five seasons to make this team into a winner again are in for a very rude awakening.

lex
04-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't put much stock into the fact Brennan and Quinn have ran similar offenses when they were in college for two reasons. First, they didn't against pro defenses. Second, they had smaller playbooks to work with and A LOT less terminology to digest.

Stafford and Sanchez both might be excellent quarterbacks when all is said and done, but the odds are stacked against them.

You're right Denver is stuck with McDaniels for now. If this teams does McDaniels will more than likely be gone within two to three years. For those that think he'll get four or five seasons to make this team into a winner again are in for a very rude awakening.

If the fan reaction is extremely negative if McDaniels doesnt start well, the effect of all the booing can not be under estimated. The fanbase is Pats customers. Pats always kvetching about money. Plus in general terms, its wearing having to listening to booing every home game. Pats steadfast support of McDaniels has occurred in the insulated environs of Dove Valley so far. Wait until Pat is forced to listen to the fans.

LRtagger
04-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry I didn't comb through the thread to see if this had been posted

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/redskins-trying-to-land-cutler.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

The Redskins reportedly offered Jason Campbell to an undisclosed team for a second-round pick on Wednesday.

The offer was probably contingent on Washington getting Jay Cutler from the Broncos with the pick as part of a package, which might also have included the No. 13 overall choice. The Skins have made it clear that they aren't committed to Campbell by balking at a long-term contract and now this.

They are going to do everything they can to land Cutler.

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Sorry I didn't comb through the thread to see if this had been posted

They are going to do everything they can to land Cutler.

I wouldn't think that offering Campbell as part of the deal would be all that enticing.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't think that offering Campbell as part of the deal would be all that enticing.

Read it again. It's not to the Broncos, but an "undisclosed team" so they can get a 2nd round pick.

Mike
04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Read it again. It's not to the Broncos, but an "undisclosed team" so they can get a 2nd round pick.

Who would give a 2nd to get Campbell though?

Nick
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Skins would be nice. Snyder will pay what it takes. I see Carlos Rogers, 1st and 2nd (from campbell trade) and future 1st rounder.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Who would give a 2nd to get Campbell though?

Who knows. Stranger things have happened. I personally don't think he's all that bad. Lowest INT% in the league last year based on attempts.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Skins would be nice. Snyder will pay what it takes. I see Carlos Rogers, 1st and 2nd (from campbell trade) and future 1st rounder.

Carlos Rogers is not as good anymore. He lost so much explosiveness when he got that ACL surgery. They'll keep him anyways because Springs is no longer in Washington, and Smoot isnt the answer.

Yuck at the thought of Campbell being our QB. He's soft...

LRtagger
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Basically the Skins are trying to obtain a 2nd for Campbell so they can offer it in a package for Cutler. Maybe their 1st and 2nd this year and 1st next year.

Nick
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Carlos Rogers is not as good anymore. He lost so much explosiveness when he got that ACL surgery. They'll keep him anyways because Springs is no longer in Washington, and Smoot isnt the answer.

Yuck at the thought of Campbell being our QB. He's soft...

He looked great last year... Just can not catch a ball. :lol:

He breaks up a lot of passes... By no means is he a #1 corner but is a solid player for added depth at a position that we lack on. If he was covering slot. Think he would be dominate because he did very well against number ones and twos last year, in which was a huge improvement from his bust label.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Basically the Skins are trying to obtain a 2nd for Campbell so they can offer it in a package for Cutler. Maybe their 1st and 2nd this year and 1st next year.

Where do they pick in the 1st round this year?

Hoshdude7
04-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I read on a redskins fan board that Denver called a team meeting today to discuss trade talks with cutler

Any truth to this

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM

I think they're going have hard moving Campbell but you never know.

Requiem / The Dagda
hEy Yo. Just heard da news about Denver getting, #13, #80, future first, campbElls and Rog3rs. Good Deal rite.

BroncoJoe
I read on a redskins fan board that Denver called a team meeting today to discuss trade talks with cutler

Any truth to this

It's been widely reported as true locally.

Requiem / The Dagda

Any truth to this

Yeah, well McDaniels did call a team meeting today. Hear it could be about teh Final Fore.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
hEy Yo. Just heard da news about Denver getting, #13, #80, future first, campbElls and Rog3rs. Good Deal rite.

whatever :coffee:

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 02:04 PM

Any truth to this

I dont think they said the intent of the meeting. It just says "players-only meeting on Thursday"

Hoshdude7
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Was this meeting planned ahead of time, or a spur of the moment thing?

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Was this meeting planned ahead of time, or a spur of the moment thing?

Check it out:

http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_12050978?source=rss

bcbronc
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM

I have no idea how you mean this post (you've gone completely off the deep end the past couple days and don't even make sense anymore--but that's kewl) but what do the drafniks think of the #13?

in MUG's thread in the draft forum, he talks about how our top choices will probably be gone by 12, and players left on the board that fit our needs are reaches. so would having the 12 & 13 make up for lack of value/ideal choices gone, or would it just give us two picks with shitty need vs value?

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I have no idea how you mean this post (you've gone completely off the deep end the past couple days and don't even make sense anymore--but that's kewl) but what do the drafniks think of the #13?

in MUG's thread in the draft forum, he talks about how our top choices will probably be gone by 12, and players left on the board that fit our needs are reaches. so would having the 12 & 13 make up for lack of value/ideal choices gone, or would it just give us two picks with shitty need vs value?

that's so messed up. "Gone off the deep end". He lives in Fargo...didnt you hear that they're in a massive flooding crisis??

DenBronx
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
that's so messed up. "Gone off the deep end". He lives in Fargo...didnt you hear that they're in a massive flooding crisis??

ahahahahaa....

Requiem / The Dagda
04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I say if we get #13 from the Redskins, that we'd use it and trade back for more picks dude.

Nick
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Redskins-Cutler-trade-42337677.html
Source: Cutler trade imminent

By John Keim

The Redskins are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according an NFL source said.

The source, who told The Examiner of the Redskins’ interest in Cutler two weeks ago, was uncertain what Washington had to surrender in the deal and said it’s “going down as we speak.” The Redskins have shopped current starter quarterback Jason Campbell.

The source had said in a separate conversation about five minutes earlier that Washington appeared to be bumped from the favorite position in favor of another team, possibly Cleveland. However, after hanging up he quickly called back to say, “It changed.”

That bold section tells me they no that they are putting a lot in to get it done.

Hoshdude7
04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Battle it out skins and Cleveland!

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Redskins-Cutler-trade-42337677.html
Source: Cutler trade imminent

By John Keim

The Redskins are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according an NFL source said.

The source, who told The Examiner of the Redskins’ interest in Cutler two weeks ago, was uncertain what Washington had to surrender in the deal and said it’s “going down as we speak.” The Redskins have shopped current starter quarterback Jason Campbell.

The source had said in a separate conversation about five minutes earlier that Washington appeared to be bumped from the favorite position in favor of another team, possibly Cleveland. However, after hanging up he quickly called back to say, “It changed.”

That bold section tells me they no that they are putting a lot in to get it done.

What could the Skins be offering? Half their draft? Or have they got deal in place where the trade Campbell for a 2nd round pick so that can offer this year's 1st and 2nd and then next year's 1st?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Dude, either way we'll be getting four first round players into Denver over the next two drafts and a shit ton more second and third rounders. Dude. We already got lots of draft pick extras this year (5 and 7) and the 2010 from Dallas for Holland already. Dude. More picks dude.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-02-2009, 02:31 PM
#13, #80, 2010 first-rounder, Jason Campbell and Carlos Rogers.

Traveler
04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
The Washington Examiner? I've heard of the DC Examiner.

CoachChaz
I prefer Anderson and Rogers and swapping firsts with Cleveland. being realistic, that seems to be the best we could get. But...I just dont see the Browns caring much about trading for a QB

Requiem / The Dagda

That was all a lie.

underrated29
so what is it? skins, browns. What do we get?

CoachChaz

Whatever you guys are smoking...please share

Flatinum
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Take out the #80 pick and add Brandon Marshall going the other way, now you have a deal.

Nick
04-02-2009, 02:39 PM
We will get 09 and 2010 1st rounder extra picks this year and player... easy. Specialy when talking about snyder

Requiem / The Dagda
04-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Whatever you guys are smoking...please share

I am teasing bro.

LRtagger
04-02-2009, 02:40 PM
From NFL.com

The Post updated its initial report by saying the Redskins offered Campbell to an undisclosed team for a second-round draft pick. The Redskins are believed to be acquiring picks to build a package for Cutler. That could indicate that the Broncos don’t want Campbell and might be comfortable with Chris Simms or a rookie in the upcoming draft as their starter.

DenBronx
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I prefer Anderson and Rogers and swapping firsts with Cleveland. being realistic, that seems to be the best we could get. But...I just dont see the Browns caring much about trading for a QB

why do we have to trade 1st with them? we want to keep #12 and still have their. anderson is basically no use to them anymore and i bet all they could get is a 3rd for him and maybe a 3rd or 2nd for rogers. so we really need their 1st, rogers and anderson. thats a trade id take. it helps our defense tremendously, we still have a pro bowl qb and an extra 1st.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
why do we have to trade 1st with them? we want to keep #12 and still have their. anderson is basically no use to them anymore and i bet all they could get is a 3rd for him and maybe a 3rd or 2nd for rogers. so we really need their 1st, rogers and anderson. thats a trade id take. it helps our defense tremendously, we still have a pro bowl qb and an extra 1st.

There we go again with the Pro-Bowl reference.

:tsk:

LRtagger
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Well if he goes to Washington at least we know that is an additional game that will be nationally televised this season.

broncofaninfla
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
From LRtagger:The Post updated its initial report by saying the Redskins offered Campbell to an undisclosed team for a second-round draft pick. The Redskins are believed to be acquiring picks to build a package for Cutler. That could indicate that the Broncos don’t want Campbell and might be comfortable with Chris Simms or a rookie in the upcoming draft as their starter.

If we do trade him, I'd hope we would have Quinn in the package as well.

DenBronx
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
There we go again with the Pro-Bowl reference.

:tsk:

are you implying that dereck anderson never went to the pro bowl? would you rather have a guy like campbell who doesnt even come close to fitting our new system? anderson at least is tailor made for it.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
are you implying that dereck anderson never went to the pro bowl? would you rather have a guy like campbell who doesnt even come close to fitting our new system? anderson at least is tailor made for it.

No, I'm implying the Pro-Bowl is a joke.

You want Anderson? Please. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie.

Nick
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Most skin fans seem fine with a couple 1st rounders and somthing.

He is a franchise QB and Cutler playing with a deffense holding a team under 21 is 13-1, Campbell is 13-9. That speaks for itself.

Our team has a lot of holes. A couple additional 1st day picks this year and a 1st day pick next year plus an added player could be huge to re-develope a good 3-4 deffense and change the face of the Broncos.

Do not get me wrong I love Cutler as most of you know but it is a no brainer what McD wants out of a QB and how they need to perform. Sims did not perform that bad before his splean situation... I am a Bronco fan first and will stick by McD or whom ever the coach is before a disgruntled player.

It sucks thoguh because how good Jay is and how much I liked him prior to us drafting him and drafting him. We should get a ton of value for him and re-build this team. I hope we try and trade down with the 1st rounders because there is a lot of value in the draft.

DenBronx
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
No, I'm implying the Pro-Bowl is a joke.

You want Anderson? Please. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie.

not me. anderson threw for 29tds two years ago with a guy that dropped the most passes in the game last year and that was his first full NFL season.

your saying you want to take a chance on a rookie. that would have to be sanchez because we dont want the #1 pick. the only 1st round usc qb that has really had any success is carson palmer.

vtroper
04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
If it's Washington I'm predicting Their #1 this year and #1 next year and Carlos Rodgers.

If it's Cleveland, I'd be happy with Shaun Rodgers and their #1 this year.

Tempus Fugit
04-02-2009, 03:04 PM

McDaniels' system relies on an accurate quarterback.

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM

You might get Anderson and the #5 pick, but you'll have to choose between that pick and Rogers. No way the Browns are stupid enough to give up 2 good players AND the #5 pick.

We can want it all we want to, but it's not going to happen.

Nick
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
McDaniels' system relies on an accurate quarterback.

Correct. He has a profound system for a QB. While Cutler could have been that guy (would have been tough because all strong arm QB's will always think they can make everyplay). All it took is for them to get on the same page. Jay is an accurate QB.

He wants his QB to do it a certain way, I applaud him taking control of a bad situation instantly and getting this team on the right track re-building.