PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Forums free Android app updated to version 1.3

Tned
03-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Ok, I've updated the BroncosForums Android app to version 1.3. It has a number of bug fixes. (see note at bottom about Iphone app)

vBulletin Android Mobile App 1.1.3 contains 15 bug fixes, including:

Unable to view photos in the album
Application is stopping unexpectedly when clicking on few threads
Force close when accessing private messages
Crashes when clicking blogs editor Options button
inMobi Ads no longer working
Android app crashing while posting from the blogs

You can update the app by going to the Android Market on your phone and go to your apps, and there will be an option to upgrade BroncosForums Mobile.

If you would like to download and install the app, you can do it from the Android Market (now called Google Play) at this link: Download BroncosForums Mobile (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vbulletin.build_166)

I am about to leave on a business trip. When I get back, I will work on getting the upgraded Iphone app published. There are a lot more steps, which includes having to compile on an Apple computer, taking screen shots from an Iphone 4 (or better) device, and then going through the Apple approval process. I'll post an update on the Iphone app in a couple weeks.

Shazam!
03-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks T... Im on my phone mostly and this is a relief

Tned
03-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks T... Im on my phone mostly and this is a relief

Your welcome. Hopefully, they've addressed most of the major bugs in the Android app.

Thnikkaman
03-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Test post from the new app

CoachChaz
03-14-2012, 08:24 AM
It's been frustrating lately with all of the Force Closing. I uninstalled it yesterday and reinstalled. Of course AFTER I do that...the update comes

Tned
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
It's been frustrating lately with all of the Force Closing. I uninstalled it yesterday and reinstalled. Of course AFTER I do that...the update comes

I sensed your frustration and figured it was time...

Hopefully, this addresses most of it. Not only that, vBulletin is feeling the pressure. Those of us that bought their mobile suite paid a decent chunk for it. I bought it at the early/discounted price of $99, plus had to pay Apple $99, plus Google $25. The vBulletin & Apple prices are annual costs, so it's $198 a year for their license and the Itunes developer account.

They have been so slow to not only add features, but also fix bugs, that there are a lot of people saying they won't renew. As a result, it seems vBulletin has ramped up work on the mobile apps and yesterday I got an email from them that they were giving us an extra 3 months before we have to renew.

Anyway, hopefully this becomes a focus for vB and they start cranking out updates on a regular bases, and then after they are out for a few weeks and I know their update isn't worse than the previous version, I'll roll them out.