PDA

View Full Version : Where are the LBers?

WARHORSE
03-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Obviously the Broncos need an upgrade at MLBer, and with DJs suspension, possibly an OLB too.

Wonder why we havent seen any LBers signing around the league? Perhaps everyone is waiting for someone to set the market.

I read an article where Woody said we were going to bring back Mays.........I was like....HUH?

I hope thats not true, but it sure is quiet one the Free Agent front it seems to me.

I do have to say Im glad Merriweather is gone.

Adios muchacho.

Thoughts?

Wheres Dan Connor Fox?

gatorpower
03-14-2012, 04:02 AM
One of my guesses is that the linebacker class in April's draft is tremendously deep. You will have high-quality all the way into the 4th round.

Skinny
03-14-2012, 08:02 AM
PFT is reporting Connor is visiting the Cowboys.

BroncoStud
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
We have THIS much cap space and are doing nothing with it... I guess I don't understand the strategy here... We need upgrades a Safety, CB, LBer, probably depth at DT, OL, and speed on offense... Is Peyton Manning holding us hostage?

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Half of our LBs are FAs too. I hope we look into Connor. Wonder is there more talks in the works that is just not being talked about?

G_Money
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
There are several good MLBs on the market. If Manning comes on board we'll need to bargain shop. If not then we have more money to throw around.

As long as Mays and Haggan aren't starting for us, I can probably live with one of a number of options.

Connor would be good. But our options are gonna narrow significantly if we can't hit the market with our bulging wallet in the next 24 hours...

~G

BroncoStud
03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Connor would be GREAT. An immediate replacement to one of our glorified backups. My fear is that Manning is preventing us from hitting free agency with guns blazing. To squander this much cap space would be a very sad ending to a promising offseason. If Manning waits until Friday to make up his mind and then tells us "sorry but I'm going to sign with Tennessee" and guys like Connor, etc, are gone, that would be incredibly disheartening.

slim
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Tulloch, Conners, Hawthorne, Lofton.....there are plenty of options available that would be upgrades at ILB. No reason to rush it.

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Tulloch, Conners, Hawthorne, Lofton.....there are plenty of options available that would be upgrades at ILB. No reason to rush it.

Tulloch is suppose to be resigned soon. Conners is out visiting teams. other two not sure.