PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez? (Hear me out)

honz
04-01-2009, 05:16 PM
What do you guys think of this trade idea? We trade Cutler to the Bucs, Jets, Lions, or someone else with a mid-first round pick for their 1st round draft pick, a solid defensive player, and/or another draft pick. We use either our 12th pick or our newly acquired 15th-20th pick to move up into the top 10 and snag Sanchez.

In the end we come out with a rookie QB that has a lot of potential and seems to possess all the intangibles you want in a QB (don't think I'm trying to say Cutler doesn't...this thread should have nothing to do with how we feel about the whole McJaygate situation, just how we move forward from it), a solid defensive starter (a front 7 guy preferably), and we still have a first round draft pick whether it is the 12th pick or the 20th (and possibly even an extra 2nd-4th round pick to boot).

I personally haven't seen Sanchez play a lot so I couldn't exactly break down his play for you, but I did see the Rose Bowl and he played out of his mind in that game against a pretty solid defense. I keep hearing all of the TV analysts rave about how good he looks on film and how good his mechanics and footwork are and just thought that this may be an option to consider.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? And I'll make a poll just for the hell of it.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
What do you guys think of this trade idea? We trade Cutler to the Bucs, Jets, Lions, or someone else with a mid-first round pick for their 1st round draft pick, a solid defensive player, and/or another draft pick. We use either our 12th pick or our newly acquired 15th-20th pick to move up into the top 10 and snag Sanchez.

In the end we come out with a rookie QB that has a lot of potential and seems to possess all the intangibles you want in a QB (don't think I'm trying to say Cutler doesn't...this thread should have nothing to do with how we feel about the whole McJaygate situation, just how we move forward from it), a solid defensive starter (a front 7 guy preferably), and we still have a first round draft pick whether it is the 12th pick or the 20th (and possibly even an extra 2nd-4th round pick to boot).

I personally haven't seen Sanchez play a lot so I couldn't exactly break down his play for you, but I did see the Rose Bowl and he played out of his mind in that game against a pretty solid defense. I keep hearing all of the TV analysts rave about how good he looks on film and how good his mechanics and footwork are and just thought that this may be an option to consider.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? And I'll make a poll just for the hell of it.

Well we couldn't be any worse. You said Sanchez has a lot of potential...well they have been saying that about Jay for 3 years now.

Personally, I think Sanchez would fit into McD's scheme well. I would prefer Quinn and the background he has in the Weiss system and draft defense, but if Shanchez is our QB, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

elsid13
04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
One of easiest predication of QB success in the NFL, is number of starts he has in college. Sanchez has barely 16 out of all the time he spent at USC.

honz
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Also, we'd obviously have to give up a 1st and then some to move into the top 10 so we'd be losing another draft pick (a 3rd, maybe a 2nd), but I still think we would come out pretty nice in this deal...if Sanchez isn't a bust!

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
One of easiest predication of QB success in the NFL, is number of starts he has in college. Sanchez has barely 16 out of all the time he spent at USC.

Cassell had 0.

:coffee:

DallasChief
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM

And he doubled Cutler in number of wins in college.

:D

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
But he doesn't have an arm stronger than John Elway does he?

tubby
04-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I would love to snag Sanchez.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM

Again?

Medford Bronco
most overated things, armstrength and Qb rating.

two examples of brainpower.

Joe Montana
Chad Pennington

DenverBronkHoes
should have made a 3rd option

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
most overated things, armstrength and Qb rating.

two examples of brainpower.

Joe Montana
Chad Pennington

If I am reading this right....your not a big fan or arm strength or rating?

Me either.

I have stated before, how many "strong armed" qb's have won the SB? How many "weak armed QB's" have won the SB......LOTS.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
dolphins would love Cutler... all they talk about on sports radio

RunYouOver
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I want nothing to do with a QB from this year's draft.

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I was joking by the way. Just look at JaMarcus Russel.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM

i would take Pennington over Cutler.

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
If I am reading this right....your not a big fan or arm strength or rating?

Me either.

I have stated before, how many "strong armed" qb's have won the SB? How many "weak armed QB's" have won the SB......LOTS.

I used to be all impressed with that but Chad Pennigton this season
and obviously Joe Montana over his career (I hated what he did to denver but respected his career though)
proves that a big arm is not as important than smarts.

Tom Brady. Has a good arm but has a great brain. Manning as well, Very good arm, Cutlers is probably better but who cares, it is what you do with the ball, not how hard you throw.

Also Elway has something else that Cutler does not have and only a few have and that is intangibles. Knowing how to make a play in the Clutch even when it seems all is lost. He did this before 86 as well. I remember in 83 his first comeback vs the Colts when down 18 in the 4th. Magic really. Stats are for baseball, not football. I go by what my eyes tell me.

Yes i will get roasted some more, but who cares really. Football is played on the field, not on a computer screen on your X box or playstation 2

DallasChief
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM

So, Dolphin fans would love to have Cutler. Whether Bill Parcells would love Cutler remains to be seen.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
i would take Pennington over Cutler.

pennington would have fun with our offense...

be nice to have a QB that doesnt throw 1.3 picks per game.....

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Pennington's good. He's getting up there in age though.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
they also got that clown from michigan....... shit whats his name....?

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
they also got that clown from michigan....... shit whats his name....?

Chad Henne

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I'd take Chad Henne.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I used to be all impressed with that but Chad Pennigton this season
and obviously Joe Montana over his career (I hated what he did to denver but respected his career though)
proves that a big arm is not as important than smarts.

Tom Brady. Has a good arm but has a great brain. Manning as well, Very good arm, Cutlers is probably better but who cares, it is what you do with the ball, not how hard you throw.

Also Elway has something else that Cutler does not have and only a few have and that is intangibles. Knowing how to make a play in the Clutch even when it seems all is lost. He did this before 86 as well. I remember in 83 his first comeback vs the Colts when down 18 in the 4th. Magic really. Stats are for baseball, not football. I go by what my eyes tell me.

Yes i will get roasted some more, but who cares really. Football is played on the field, not on a computer screen on your X box or playstation 2

Arm strength is great if you know how to use it.

Jay thinks that he has a stronger arm than Elway and by just that ( if it is true ) will win games. Thats not the case.

CUtler is not a leader. Elway was. That is why he had so many comebacks. The players around him rallied around him and wanted to win for him. I don't see that out of this team.

FanInAZ
04-01-2009, 06:19 PM
This guy is from USC which has, as I mentioned in another thread, a "stacked deck" program. These programs get the pick of the litter form every high school recuiting class. As a result, players from there are use to playing on team with no weakness and against inferior competition.

I also pointed out that, inspite USC reputation for produceing elite QBs, most of them don't fare any better then Matt Leinart. Carson Palmer is the only one of their's with any level of success since I started watching football in the mid-70s. Now let give you a list of 6 QBs from last year that have had as good or better carrers that Palmer:

Kurt Warner (Northern Iowa), Ben Roethlisberger (Miami [Ohio]), Tony Romo, (Eastern Illinois), Brett Farve (Southern Mississippi) and Payton Manning (Tennesse). Tom Brady did play for Michiagan, but its been a long time since the Wolverines had a "stacked deck" program.

Granted, Warner and Farve are at the end of their respective carrers; but Palmer has been around for 7 years himself. If he going to prove that USC does actually produce elite NFL QBs, he'd better hurry up. In the mean time, let the Raiders have all the QBs from all of the "stacked deck" programs.

atwater27
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM

You would prefer Sanchez and pretty much hate Cutler. What happened to you tubby?

atwater27
04-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Sanchez will be one of the biggest busts of all time. The higher he is drafted, the higher on that list he will rise.

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Sanchez will be one of the biggest busts of all time. The higher he is drafted, the higher on that list he will rise.

Ryan Leaf caliber?

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Graham Harrell.

And then next year.....

....Sam Bradford!!

Championship!!

atwater27
04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Ryan Leaf caliber?

No, I think he will remain king bust forever.

SM19
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Cassell had 0.

And he still might not actually be any good. There's a reason the Chiefs got the deal they did.

Honestly, Sanchez may turn out to be a very good NFL quarterback. He's more talented than Leinart and doesn't seem to have Leinart's celebrity complex. But if we're going to draft a quarterback, I'd rather spend one pick on Josh Freeman than two picks on Sanchez.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
i can tell the IQ level is getting lower by the minute with some of our fans. do any of you guys live near a power plant? maybe you shouldnt be drinking the tap water.

just a thought...