PDA

View Full Version : Cutler - What if he refuses

OB
04-01-2009, 05:15 PM
OK - not sure if anyone discussed this but what IF detroit or SF or some crappy team with no immediate future is the team that the broncos try to make a deal with

Will Jay refuse?

Can Jay refuse?

How is Jay aka Bus involved in the trade negotiations?

Will Jay go to the worst team in the NFL if he ends up getting a ginormous contract?

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Too bad...he has asked for it and I don't think there is a no trade clause in his contract...

:laugh:

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
if he refuses....we lynch him!!!

I'm sharpening up my pitchfork just in case.

honz
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't think he can refuse without a no trade clause.

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
he has 3 years left on his contract and the Broncos own him.. they can send he ass to any NFL team and Maybe even a CFL team but that has not been done yet..

it is up to the new team to redo his contract or NOT.. actually they would own the 1.035 mil this year and would IMO be stupid to change that..
Where he either reports or gets fined much like Jake did last year..

OB
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
So he may have screwed the pooch on this one and end up on a horrendous team :pound:

I say screw who we get and trade him to the crappiest team with the crappiest future no matter what we get in return

j/k btw - if we lose Jay i feel we need to get everything and then some (my head says)

My heart goes for vengeance

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:21 PM
So he may have screwed the pooch on this one and end up on a horrendous team :pound:

I say screw who we get and trade him to the crappiest team with the crappiest future no matter what we get in return

j/k btw - if we lose Jay i feel we need to get everything and then some (my head says)

hey, what can you do?

As far as I know, his last statement or comment or anything about this has been that he wants to be traded.

So.......

Bye Jay...hope you like playing for a team that has no committment to winning.

Nomad
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Detriot may not be able to afford the #1 overall and Jay Cutler, but like WTM said , there's nothing in his contract that has a no trade clause!

MOtorboat
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
There are no "no trade" clauses in the NFL.

G_Money
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Cutler can't block a trade.

His agent can make it known that he will never re-sign there and they'll be flushing picks and getting a headache for their troubles, though, and most teams offering a bundle for somebody will want to get buy-in from the player they're getting before pulling the trigger on the deal.

Nobody's trading for Cutler without talking to him. His wishes will determine the offer they give us.

So yeah, he has a hand in it.

~G

Denver27og
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
hey, what can you do?

As far as I know, his last statement or comment or anything about this has been that he wants to be traded.

So.......

Bye Jay...hope you like playing for a team that has no committment to winning.

broncos are team with no commitment to winning

MOtorboat
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM

His agent can make it known that he will never re-sign there and they'll be flushing picks and getting a headache for their troubles, though, and most teams offering a bundle for somebody will want to get buy-in from the player they're getting before pulling the trigger on the deal.

Nobody's trading for Cutler without talking to him. His wishes will determine the offer they give us.

~G

Provided he manages to call the owner of said team back. :rolleyes:

GEM
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM

I told my boss the same thing today. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Cutler could possibly have just made it harder to bank in on his next contract.

In Denver he could have played out the remaining 3 years with guys he's familiar with in a QB friendly system and cashed in enormously in his next contract, now he risks being traded to a team like Detroit or SF and being lost with other "young talents" in the NFL, and just hoping for a chance to start somewhere when his current contract runs out.

FanInAZ
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
they can send he ass to any NFL team and Maybe even a CFL team but that has not been done yet

The NFL and CFL are totally seperate leagues and so I don't believe that one leagues contract is valid in the other. The only way Jay could play in the CFL is for Denver to release him altogether. That's not going to happen.

roomemp
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
broncos are team with no commitment to winning

Since when did we let Faiders fans join the forum :rolleyes:

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM

~G

But they really can't talk to him or his agent without our permission either, that is tampering..

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
The NFL and CFL are totally seperate leagues and so I don't believe that one leagues contract is valid in the other. The only way Jay could play in the CFL is for Denver to release him altogether. That's not going to happen.

I was being a wise ass about sending him to a real stinkaroo team..

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Since when did we let Faiders fans join the forum :rolleyes:

actually Pat has a huge commitment to winning.. Or he would not have left 20 million on mikeys contract when he fired him..

let those who love mikey and jay MORE stew in their own juices..

broncophan
04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I was being a wise ass about sending him to a real stinkaroo team..

Well....................being a wise ass is better than being just a plain ol' ass.....I guess...:D

broncophan
04-01-2009, 07:40 PM
actually Pat has a huge commitment to winning.. Or he would not have left 20 million on mikeys contract when he fired him..

let those who love mikey and jay MORE stew in their own juices..

I wonder if the 20 million he owes Shanahan.....woud prevent us from trying to get the Lions #1 pick..........I don't think Bowlen would...or could afford to sign a #1 pick(Stafford)....:confused:

omac
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
OK - not sure if anyone discussed this but what IF detroit or SF or some crappy team with no immediate future is the team that the broncos try to make a deal with

Will Jay refuse?

Can Jay refuse?

How is Jay aka Bus involved in the trade negotiations?

Will Jay go to the worst team in the NFL if he ends up getting a ginormous contract?

Jay will play for the team he's traded to. When he first heard his name in trade talks (with Tampa and the Lions I believe), he and his agent requested that if they can talk to those teams, so it looks like he's willing to work with them. Heck, Jay's played for Vandy, the Detroit Lions of the SEC. :D

The only other option is for him to retire, ala Plummer, but I really don't see that happening.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 07:59 PM

~G

Sure he can.

He simply needs to say, I do not want to play for you either, so you would be wise not to trade for me.
If you trade for me, I will be riding the pine until the day Im gone.

That would be enough to scare any team away.

Cutler may also say, if you trade for me, I want a new contract.

In the end, if all parties are not satisfied, Cutler will stay.

If he stays, I doubt he'll sit.

The Broncos may try and punish him by sitting him................that sounds like McNapoleon.

omac
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM

~G

Oh I didn't know that. Great point of view. :salute:

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I wonder if the 20 million he owes Shanahan.....woud prevent us from trying to get the Lions #1 pick..........I don't think Bowlen would...or could afford to sign a #1 pick(Stafford)....:confused:

if they have the picks Pat will find a way to sign them..

afterall next year mikey will be coaching wherever jay is traded to and will no longer be on pats payroll....:laugh:

didn't you know this was jay's plan all along?

BroncoWave
04-01-2009, 10:34 PM

The 20 million he is paying Shanahan has nothing to do with us being able to afford the #1 pick. As long as we have the cap room, we can sign the #1 pick. What he's paying Shanahan has no effect on that.

weazel
04-01-2009, 10:37 PM

~G

they cant talk to him before a trade