PDA

View Full Version : Marshall has hip surgery

Den21vsBal19
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
A diversion from McJayGate.................but not neccesarily a good one :frusty:

Broncos' Marshall has hip surgery (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12047776)
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/01/2009 03:18:31 PM MDT

Even the diversions to McJaygate bring concern to Dove Valley.

The Broncos will lose Brandon Marshall for the rest of the offseason after the star receiver underwent hip surgery Tuesday. Marshall is expected back by training camp in late-July.

The surgery was performed by Dr. Marc Phillipon, who has been dubbed "the hip doctor to the stars." Phillipon, who works out of the renowned Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, also performed hip surgeries in recent weeks on beleaguered baseball star Alex Rodriguez and Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Kurt Warner.

Marshall's surgery came eight days after his 25th birthday. The hip started bothering him last season to the point he noticeably struggled to separate from defenders late in the season, relying instead on his 6-foot-4, 230-pound frame to ward off cornerbacks.

He still earned his first Pro Bowl appearance by finishing with 104 catches for 1,265 yards — his second consecutive season of at least 100 catches and 1,200 yards.

Marshall may have trouble reaching those milestones for a third consecutive season as he could be facing a season-opening suspension and he most likely won't have Jay Cutler as his quarterback.

Cutler is on the trading block and it's possible Marshall could be found in violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy after his arrest in March on a disorderly conduct charge. Although charges were quickly dropped, Marshall has several prior off-field incidents that drew a one-game suspension last season.

Add in the hip surgery and Marshall has not had the smoothest of offseasons.
Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com.

That last line is an understatement :tsk:

broncohead
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Was just going to post this. Man this sucks!

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
april fools

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
perhaps I did not see it but did they say when?? All I saw was 8 dayd after his 25th BD.. Like we know when that is..

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
april fools

I wish.

NickelTG
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Now if we could just get rid of Royal.....We could compete with Detroit.

Den21vsBal19
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
april fools
Maybe, but unless you lot do it differently, they're supposed to be done before lunch

Den21vsBal19
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
perhaps I did not see it but did they say when?? All I saw was 8 dayd after his 25th BD.. Like we know when that is..
Said the surgery happened yesterday (Tuesday)

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Why is the surgery happening now, as opposed to the end of the season?

NameUsedBefore
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Had a birthday to celebrate.

honz
04-01-2009, 05:02 PM

He probably wanted to avoid surgery and see if it would heal on its own. Hopefully he is ready to play by the time the season starts...or his suspension is over. :doh:

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
meh, article says he'll be back in time for training camp. that puts him a head of his schedule from last year, and he still had a good season. I'm not overly concerned about this.

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Maybe, but unless you lot do it differently, they're supposed to be done before lunch

i did mine before lunch i took a dookie in my hand

it turns out the joke was on me :(

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
worst.................offseason...............ever ..............

sneakers
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
What did he do? Hip-check his plasma television?

:confused:

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 11:51 PM
What did he do? Hip-check his plasma television?

:confused:

aerobics

slim
04-01-2009, 11:52 PM

It's hard to smack around your woman after hip surgery....first things first.

Italianmobstr7
04-02-2009, 02:07 AM
I don't understand, that if Marshall needed surgery, why the heck he would wait until april to do it? We've been done since before January! If he gets this surgery in January, he's back in camp by May or June. What a frustrating off-season this has been. :tsk:

Den21vsBal19
04-02-2009, 02:25 AM
I don't understand, that if Marshall needed surgery, why the heck he would wait until april to do it? We've been done since before January! If he gets this surgery in January, he's back in camp by May or June. What a frustrating off-season this has been. :tsk:
It's been a complete & utter Charlie Foxtrot :tsk:

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 03:56 AM
I don't understand, that if Marshall needed surgery, why the heck he would wait until april to do it? We've been done since before January! If he gets this surgery in January, he's back in camp by May or June. What a frustrating off-season this has been. :tsk:+

he would have missed the terrific display in the pro bowl.. something to make all denver fans proud..

BroncoWave
04-02-2009, 09:16 AM
worst.................offseason...............ever ..............

I would say the one when Darrent Williams and Damien Nash died was worse but that's just me. :noidea:

CoachChaz
04-02-2009, 09:18 AM

He'll likely miss the first few games of every season anyway. May as well take advantage of the vacation and get surgery