PDA

View Full Version : Cutler does NOT want to be a Denver Bronco

tubby
04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Forget him!

I am actually really excited to see what the Broncos get for him in the form of compensation.

:beer:

Flatinum
04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
That's what most on here are missing.

Jay no longer wants to be a Bronco. Side with who you want and blame whoever you want to blame.

Jay wants out - try to give him his wish, but if you don't get what you want for him, tell him he plays.

Thnikkaman
04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't believe that he doesn't want to be a Denver Bronco until I see a video clip or hear audio of him saying it.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't trust anyone reporting "facts" about this story.

That being said, it is what it is. I will root for the team win or loose, I just won't be buying merchandise or tickets.

claymore
04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
If we draft Sanchez he is going to have to change his name.

Watchthemiddle
That's what most on here are missing.

Jay no longer wants to be a Bronco. Side with who you want and blame whoever you want to blame.

Jay wants out - try to give him his wish, but if you don't get what you want for him, tell him he plays.

Ba da bing, ba da boom.

The second coming does not want you as his fan anymore. He wants to go to Detroit or a bottom dweller instead and have fans wear brown paper bags over their faces at games instead of play for one of the winningest teams in the NFL.

If that doesn't piss you off and make you mad at Cutler that what would?

I understand some of you are soooo blind because you hated Plummer and have been drooling over Jay since he was drafted, but let me tell you again..

JAY CUTLER DOES NOT WANT TO LIVE IN DENVER, PLAY IN DENVER, OR BE YOUR QUARTERBACK ANYMORE.

:coffee:

Rex

Racist

broncohead
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I really don't think we'll get what we want for him. Maybe a 1st, 3rd, and an average player.

BroncoWave
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Forget him!

I am actually really excited to see what the Broncos get for him in the form of compensation.

Agreed! I can't wait to see the sweet deal we get for him!

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't believe that he doesn't want to be a Denver Bronco until I see a video clip or hear audio of him saying it.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't trust anyone reporting "facts" about this story.

That being said, it is what it is. I will root for the team win or loose, I just won't be buying merchandise or tickets.

Well then after all the news that has come out after yesterday, don't you think that if he CARED we would have heard something out of him? Or Cook?

Nada, zip, zillch, notthing.

DallasChief

The Mexicans really are stealing all the good jobs here.

Gamechanger

so his 1st name will be Dirty?

BroncoWave
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Well then after all the news that has come out after yesterday, don't you think that if he CARED we would have heard something out of him? Or Cook?

Nada, zip, zillch, notthing.

Exactly. If it was a false report that he didn't want to be a bronco (even though the words were straight out of Bowlen's mouth) I think Cutler would have said something by now to refute that. He silence on this speaks volumes.

claymore
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Racist

First time he gets sacked they are gonna say, "And the Broncos have a dirty Sanchez".

Rex
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
First time he gets sacked they are gonna say, "And the Broncos have a dirty Sanchez".

ghey

:NTL:

broncofaninfla
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't doubt that there are more players that don't want to be Broncos anymore with McD at the helm.
Cutler sounded as though he was going to report, looks like the Broncos jumped the gun on waving him as trade bait or at least taking Bus's word on it. Ther eare a lot of players in the NFL right now that are avoiding their clubs, each for different reasons. The difference is they don't panic and try and trade thier players just yet. They are being reasonable about it and working things out. I'd bet they aren;t doing so by sending text messages and are actually putting a viable effort forth to help their organiztions.

claymore
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
ghey

:NTL:

Your just pissed cause he isnt a Native American.

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I agree fully that he does not want to be a Denver bronco. that is not difficult for me to swallow.

i personally think we should get a veteran qb in the FA next year and draft one in the 4th round of next years draft. certainly vital to the game, but too much emphasis on the position at this time. This year build around the position and defense.

Is that an intelligent post? seriously, or do I still sound like an idiot when I discuss football?

Rex
04-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Your just pissed cause he isnt a Native American.

No.

I am pissed because you that joke bombed.

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
No.

actually I thought Clay's joke was pretty funny and that you really shyt the bed with this post.

claymore
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
No.

Your sentence doesnt even make sense.

Rex
04-01-2009, 03:16 PM
actually I thought Clay's joke was pretty funny and that you really shyt the bed with this post.

dont do this Nut.

slim
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
No.

I pissed am you that can't proper grammar.

tubby
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Nut, get the forklift and remove slim's fatass from my thread.

tia

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Alfred Williams just basically said Cutler is a duche bag, and that he was never "all in" as a Denver (or NFL for that matter) QB.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
I agree fully that he does not want to be a Denver bronco. that is not difficult for me to swallow.

i personally think we should get a veteran qb in the FA next year and draft one in the 4th round of next years draft. certainly vital to the game, but too much emphasis on the position at this time. This year build around the position and defense.

Is that an intelligent post? seriously, or do I still sound like an idiot when I discuss football?

You actually sound really stupid when you try and talk football.

Stick to bunnies, Nut.

Nomad
04-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Alfred Williams just basically said Cutler is a duche bag, and that he was never "all in" as a Denver QB.

I guess him and Mark Schlereth have been talking.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I guess him and Mark Schlereth have been talking.

As well as Merrill Hodge.

P.S. - is this Blitz from the freak?

Nomad
04-01-2009, 03:36 PM
As well as Merrill Hodge.

P.S. - is this Blitz from the freak?

Sorry, no! I'm from the 2003 BM class! But nice to meet you!:salute:

Northman
04-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Well, he had his agent ask for a trade so i think thats pretty clear cut.

Mike
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
And they all probably know about as much of the facts of the situation as we all do here. Just because a former player said it doesn't mean much, especially if they aren't in the clubhouse. Maybe they know, most likely they don't and are just filling up dead air.

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Stick to bunnies, Nut.

thanks for your opinion, however, I think I will consider those of others. i think you are an emotional trainwreck that struggles with objective reasoning.

Good day

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Alfred Williams just basically said Cutler is a duche bag, and that he was never "all in" as a Denver (or NFL for that matter) QB.

I heard that too. Its been interesting today on the Fan. I liked what Schlereth said about Jay not really wanting to be "all in" since he came here.

I have also said all along exactly what Alfred said about Jay not ever "earning the job", and that could be why he hasn't been "all in".

I have always seen Jay as spoiled. He NEVER earned the job, but got handed the job when we had a productive QB and were 7-4. He is now really showing how spoiled he is.

Pouted over Shanahan and Bates being fired.....because they allowed him to act the way he acts. THey gave him everything on a silver platter...now he has to act like a grown up and doesn't like it

Northman
04-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Didnt Carroll report that Williams said McDaniels was the devil? :lol:

Buff
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
CHANNEL 933 EXCLUSIVE: JAY CUTLER'S SIDE OF THE STORY

Channel 93.3 KTCL-FM in Denver night time jock "Ralphie" is going back and forth with Jay Cutler via text message to get his side of the story following heavy trade rumors from multiple news sources. Apparently due to Cutler's perception of the mainstream media treating him unfairly, Jay Cutler has chosen Channel 93.3 to expose his version of why he wants out of Denver:

10:30 AM Ralphie: Jay, your sister said to txt u. This is Ralphie from Channel 933 in Denver. I assume she talked to you already?

10:30 AM Jay Cutler: Yes she did. I'm on the beach in Cancun right now. Whats up?

10:32 AM Ralphie: Dude...okay. Obviously you've seen the news here in Denver about how you're being portrayed as a spoiled brat and you want out because you're not being treated like the franchise QB that you are. We want YOUR side of things. Why do you really want to leave?

10:40 AM Jay Cutler: I just feel like I'm in hte best shape of my life and I was headed into the best year of my career and my arm is stronger than ever so I want to play for a tem who can see that.

10:48 AM Ralphie: You don't think the Broncos see that? There's gotta be more to this that we haven't heard yet. I mean was it something Josh McDaniels said that didn't make the news or what?

11:01 AM Jay Cutler: I'm not sure what to think with the draft coming up. The broncos fans turned on me and the coaching staff too. I want to win a superbowl while my team and the fans are calling me names? I'm thinking I could go to a team like Detroit and make a difference this year. I could make a difference here but its like nobody wants me to.

11:06: AM Ralphie: Would you say it's fair that the fans perception of you has been altered due to the biased media coverage? From a fan's POV it sounds rediculous that you would be upset enough to leave over a rumor of your trade.

11:07 AM Ralphie: ...wait Detroit? You think you can make that much of a difference?

11:21 AM Jay Cutler: The fans DON'T SEE ME IN PRACTICE!!! Or behind the scenes... I'm a serious man when it comes to football. I'm not a kid anymore so yes Detroit! I'm just lookin to show the NFL what I can do!

11:32 AM Ralphie: You’re not worried that a city like Detroit would be too harsh on you if you don’t perform well? I mean Denver’s really chill compared to other NFL cities. You can’t pull this crap elsewhere. I mean imagine if we were in Philly what people would be saying.

11:35 AM Jay Cutler: This is what im talking about! You sound like them! I’m in a city full of people who don’t respect me! I will perform this year no question. I don’t have to take this crap from you or anybody else! I’m JAY CUTLER…A FRANCHISE QB!

11: 47 AM Ralphie: Okay…well then, good luck in Detroilet or where ever you wind up. I just hope we see you on the field so Brian Dawkins can lay you out! Oh and PS…your sister’s a great kisser!

11: 53 AM Jay Cutler: These three cheerleaders in cancun are great kissers too. Question… whats a good drink to order for a party in Cancun?

http://www.ktcl.com/pages/ralphie.html

Mike
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I heard that too. Its been interesting today on the Fan. I liked what Schlereth said about Jay not really wanting to be "all in" since he came here.

I have also said all along exactly what Alfred said about Jay not ever "earning the job", and that could be why he hasn't been "all in".

I have always seen Jay as spoiled. He NEVER earned the job, but got handed the job when we had a productive QB and were 7-4. He is now really showing how spoiled he is.

Pouted over Shanahan and Bates being fired.....because they allowed him to act the way he acts. THey gave him everything on a silver platter...now he has to act like a grown up and doesn't like it

Productive QB? You have got to be kidding me, WTM. Denver was 7-4 in spite of Plummer that year, not because of him. He played like ass, which was why he got benched. Let's not make more of that than there was. He immediately came in and gave at the very least the same production as Plummer. Cutler certainly handled this poorly, but let's not go overboard with things.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Productive QB? You have got to be kidding me, WTM. Denver was 7-4 in spite of Plummer that year, not because of him. He played like ass, which was why he got benched. Let's not make more of that than there was. He immediately came in and gave at the very least the same production as Plummer. Cutler certainly handled this poorly, but let's not go overboard with things.

Really?

Okay, if they were 7-4 in spite of Jake...how come when Jay was handed the job they went 2-3? Missed the playoffs after going 13-3 the previous year. And in case you forget, we started 7-2 that year also, but after all of the Jay talks, Jake played bad and we were 7-4.

I firmly believe that had we not drafted Jay, we would have gone off that year after goign 13-3...but Jay got drafted, handed the job, the team did not like it and we finished the season 9-7 after such a promising start. The team has not been the same since. That is un-deniable.

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Forget him!

Goodbye Jay, take your "stronger arm than Elway" with you.

Go be Billy Joe Tolliver, Ryan Leaf or Jeff George with another team.

adivice for him.

Talent will only get you so far. You have a chance to be great, Work at it and you might get there, Dont expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter like Shanny handed you the Qb job (I thought he was ready in 06 but I was wrong) It would be nice to have some humility as well. you might realize that God blessed you with such immense talent, dont blow it by being a lemming to your agent your whole career.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Goodbye Jay, take your "stronger arm than Elway" with you.

Go be Billy Joe Tolliver, Ryan Leaf or Jeff George with another team.

adivice for him.

Talent will only get you so far. You have a chance to be great, Work at it and you might get there, Dont expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter like Shanny handed you the Qb job (I thought he was ready in 06 but I was wrong) It would be nice to have some humility as well. you might realize that God blessed you with such immense talent, dont blow it by being a lemming to your agent your whole career.

Jay is the next Leaf and George. Talent talent talent,,.....but other than that...nothing.

My prediction in 3 years....Jay will be in Nashville coaching high school football and will STILL have a losing record.

DallasChief
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Jay is the next Leaf and George. Talent talent talent,,.....but other than that...nothing.

My prediction in 3 years....Jay will be in Nashville coaching high school football and will STILL have a losing record.

Don't you have to have football smarts to coach? :D

Nomad
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM

Trent Dilfer, in his opinion, says the same thing. The young fella has the talent but his mental intangibles is what will hurt him and Dilfer seems to think this will bring down his value or may not even be traded!

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Don't you have to have football smarts to coach? :D

Hey, he could be HANDED the job because of his name and surround himself with talented WR's and a HOF HC, and winning organization...errrrrr........... ooooopppppssss...sorry got off track...surround himself with talented coaches to make himself look good.

Denver27og
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Forget him!

I wouldnt want to be a patriots west bronco either if i were in his shoes

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM

I've been critical of the Cutler defenders on another thread, but I've got to defend Cutler here. While I think the jury is clearly still out on how good he'll become, and his maturity is a question mark, I don't think it's fair to be dropping him into the Leaf/George category, either. He had a comfort zone with the old regime, and he hasn't handled the transition well at all, but Leaf and George were all-time head cases, and I don't see that in Cutler.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM

Stick to bunnies, Nut.

joe thats not very nice... ur just as bad as mntman selling his tix..

Nut has the same right to sound like an idiot as much as you do...

Nut loves bunnies, you talk to plastic trees..... they cancel eachother out...

leave him alone... he is my friend

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I've been critical of the Cutler defenders on another thread, but I've got to defend Cutler here. While I think the jury is clearly still out on how good he'll become, and his maturity is a question mark, I don't think it's fair to be dropping him into the Leaf/George category, either. He had a comfort zone with the old regime, and he hasn't handled the transition well at all, but Leaf and George were all-time head cases, and I don't see that in Cutler.

Really?

Cutler is not a head case?

He can't handle adversity on the field...and obviously can't off.

That = Head case.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
joe thats not very nice... ur just as bad as mntman selling his tix..

Nut has the same right to sound like an idiot as much as you do...

Nut loves bunnies, you talk to plastic trees..... they cancel eachother out...

leave him alone... he is my friend

Go light one up, fatass.

:D

slim
04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Hoes, tell us how smart you are.

DenverBronkHoes
Trent Dilfer, in his opinion, says the same thing. The young fella has the talent but his mental intangibles is what will hurt him and Dilfer seems to think this will bring down his value or may not even be traded!

trent sucks... player and anylist

DenverBronkHoes
Go light one up, fatass.

ur obivously mad about cutler.....

u have season tix to sell also?

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 04:02 PM
ur obivously mad about cutler.....

u have season tix to sell also?

If I had season tickets, they would not be for sale. I'm not that kind of fan.

fcspikeit
04-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Exactly. If it was a false report that he didn't want to be a bronco (even though the words were straight out of Bowlen's mouth) I think Cutler would have said something by now to refute that. He silence on this speaks volumes.

So now he is supposed to run to the media? LOL

He already said he was surprised by the announcement and that he hadn't heard from either Josh or Pat in a week.. He also said he was planning on coming to camp.. What more is there to say?

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM

He already said he was surprised by the announcement and that he hadn't heard from either Josh or Pat in a week.. He also said he was planning on coming to camp.. What more is there to say?

Yeah. He was shipping his car. :coffee:

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM

Apologist.

He doesn't like you as his fan. He no longer wants to be here. Understand that....?

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 04:09 PM
um, i didnt read the thread but im pretty sure everyone knows by now that cutler doesnt want to be here :rolleyes:

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
um, i didnt read the thread but im pretty sure everyone knows by now that cutler doesnt want to be here :rolleyes:

Carl,

tubby hates cutler, thinks he is the reason for the firing of Shanahan and probably even the death of Darrent Williams. Tubby suffers from what I like to call paranoid schizophrenia. He exhibits extreme mood swings and believes everyone is out to get him or things that he loves. Quite franklly, I'm a little worried about him

turftoad
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I watch'd NFL live.

Mort said he text'd Cook. Cook said the Broncos have NOT tried to get ahold of Jay up until yesterday. Bowlen text'd Cook, said he wanted to talk to Jay. Cook tried to get ahold of Jay but hadn't yet. Bolwen took it as Jay didn't want to talk to him when Cook/Jay didn't get back to Pat right away. Then............. Pat came out with the we're trading Jay statement because Jay doesn't return our calls.

Jumping the gun much Pat??

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Hoes, tell us how smart you are.

isnt there enough people doing that around here?

slim drop some weight

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Carl,

tubby hates cutler, thinks he is the reason for the firing of Shanahan and probably even the death of Darrent Williams. Tubby suffers from what I like to call paranoid schizophrenia. He exhibits extreme mood swings and believes everyone is out to get him or things that he loves. Quite franklly, I'm a little worried about him

he hates women too!!!

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
he hates women too!!!

yes he does. He's a complex man, no doubt about that.

DallasChief
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I watch'd NFL live.

Mort said he text'd Cook. Cook said the Broncos have NOT tried to get ahold of Jay up until yesterday. Bowlen text'd Cook, said he wanted to talk to Jay. Cook tried to get ahold of Jay but hadn't yet. Bolwen took it as Jay didn't want to talk to him when Cook/Jay didn't get back to Pat right away. Then............. Pat came out with the we're trading Jay statement because Jay doesn't return our calls.

Exactly. Bus Cook would never lie.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I watch'd NFL live.

Oh ya, well I texted KCL, she didn't return my text. I also texted GEM, Dr. V, and Frau...neither returned my text's.'

I am now demanding a trade to another board.

Nomad
04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I watch'd NFL live.

If this was Schefter, then I would say run with it! Mort's credibility is medicore at best as of late.

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Carl,

whatever happened to that wierd meth guy from the old forum? i forgot his name but he ws really dumb.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
If this was Schefter, then I would say run with it! Mort's credibility is medicore at best as of late.

I agree but, Mort said he text'd Cook himself and got a personal text from Cook. It's not speculation or rumor.

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
whatever happened to that wierd meth guy from the old forum? i forgot his name but he ws really dumb.

oh yeah i remember Holy Diver

is here somewhere?

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM

really dumb? ... really dumb, that was me , but meth guy... I'm not sure

Is blevens still around anywhere?

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
oh yeah i remember Holy Diver

is here somewhere?

Diver is over at the freak. He never comes over here unfortunately

turftoad
04-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I watch'd NFL live.

Broncos Refute Cutler’s Claim That He Wasn’t Called
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2009, 4:52 p.m.
As we mentioned earlier in the day, Broncos (for now) quarterback Jay Cutler is claiming that he didn’t fail to respond to calls and/or texts from coach Josh McDaniels and owner Pat Bowlen because no such calls and/or texts were received.

According to Thomas George of NFL.com, sources close to Bowlen have responded in unequivocal fashion: “We have the phone records.”

But why would the Broncos even engage Cutler on this point? If they’re right, they’ll only potentially scare away teams who might decide they’re interested in making a long-term commitment to a quarterback who might have trouble with the truth.

Of course, it’s not the first misstep the Broncos have made in this case. As one league source put it in eloquent fashion earlier today, “The Broncos should shut up. They are f–king this thing up royally by talking publicly about the situation.”

Their screwing this up just like the rest of the soap opera. :tsk:

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
really dumb? ... really dumb, that was me , but meth guy... I'm not sure

Is blevens still around anywhere?

yes i think bill devaroe is blevens

tubby
04-01-2009, 07:35 PM
:focus:

tubby
04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
So I like this idea a lot.

Cutler to DET to rot, for Drew Stanton, #20, #33 and next years #1.

Nomad
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
So I like this idea a lot.

Cutler to DET to rot, for Drew Stanton, #20, #33 and next years #1.

Do you think DET can afford the overall#1 and Jay Cutler?

omac
04-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Cutler does not want to be a Bronco under McDaniels regime.

dunk7
04-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Cutler does not want to be a Bronco under McDaniels regime.

And we shouldn't really blame him for that...I'll be shocked if McDaniels is the coach this time next year

omac
04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
And we shouldn't really blame him for that...I'll be shocked if McDaniels is the coach this time next year

I think Pat will give him some time, even if the Broncos do pretty bad this season. I still don't think they won't, though. I think McDaniels has weaknesses in his people skills, but he did help coach NE to maybe the most explosive offense of all time. Besides, Pat is heavily invested in McDaniels; in effect, he replaced coaching great and friend Shanahan with McDaniels, then chose McDaniels over the franchise QB. Pat will give this every chance to work.

dunk7
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I think Pat will give him some time, even if the Broncos do pretty bad this season. I still don't think they won't, though. I think McDaniels has weaknesses in his people skills, but he did help coach NE to maybe the most explosive offense of all time. Besides, Pat is heavily invested in McDaniels; in effect, he replaced coaching great and friend Shanahan with McDaniels, then chose McDaniels over the franchise QB. Pat will give this every chance to work.

I suppose you are right...Bowlen won't admit he made a mistake.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
He doesnt? Really?

I wonder why :coffee:

Northman
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM

Agreed. I dont think Pat is in a rush to have mud on his face.