PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Band Wagon

Dr Velcro
04-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Love or hate the changes, but do not be bandwagoners.

For goodness sakes. This team has (so I thought) one of the best fan bases out there. Your existing team needs your support.

Do not be douchebags and bail.

Go to games, buy gear...support your team in the good and the bad.

It's your team. You picked it...now OWN it. Suck it up.

I'll be back when you all stop your b*tching.

I don't even see RAIDERS fans being this silly.

Jesus Christ.

This team is only as good as its fans & I can see where you all are headed.

Later Guyz!!!!!!

Thnikkaman
04-01-2009, 02:26 PM
We've been spoiled for a while now. Its our own personal stock market crash. We'll get over it. And if we don't, oh well.

claymore
04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
We've been spoiled for a while now. Its our own personal stock market crash. We'll get over it. And if we don't, oh well.

We will. I cant wait for the I told you so's from both sides. If McDaniels fails and is the Douche bag I think he is, I will be untollerable. :D

Buff
04-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I made this point in another thread yesterday, but I feel it's worth repeating...

I'm considering a pseudo-boycott of the Colorado Rockies, meaning, I'll still support the players and root for them to win, but I don't want to give my $$ to management because I don't approve of their business model, so I'll probably be more selective in my ticket and merchandise purchasing...

However, the reason I'm doing so is that the Rockies ownership has shown a complete unwillingness to try and improve the team through paying players in recent years. The culmination was the trading away of a homegrown star player (Matt Holliday) for next to nothing, all because they didn't want to pay him a star's salary.

The difference here however, is that the Broncos have made every effort to get better and to improve the team. They may have made some bad decisions and gone about it in the wrong way, but at least Bowlen did something that he thought would make the team better. You couldn't argue otherwise. He took a $20+ million dollar hit by firing Shanny because he thought it could improve the team's chances of winning.

What choice does Bowlen have at this point? Make Jay Cutler play only to see him be a locker room cancer and leave in free agency in 2 years, leaving us high and dry with no compensation?

I mean, I understand the frustration... But I think people are being unfair and irrational when they talk about boycotting the Broncos. Or they were just never fans to begin with.

DallasChief
We will. I cant wait for the I told you so's from both sides. If McDaniels fails and is the Douche bag I think he is, I will be untollerable. :D

You already are intolerable.

Benetto

For goodness sakes. This team has (so I thought) one of the best fan bases out there. Your existing team needs your support.

Jesus Christ.

Later Guyz!!!!!!

close to 100% of the time, a team is only as good as its players execute on the field...The fans don't throw passes.

I can see what you're saying Vick, but most of us have been rooting for the Broncos even before jay was born...If they are bandwagoners, they wouldn't have even come back to post about it...Everyone else bitchen and moaning is just disgruntled.

Benetto
04-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Go back to the Freak.:rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
^V^ for the win!

LoyalSoldier
I think I get tired of the "Holier than thou" act by some fans. Just because people think we are going to start losing doesn't mean they are any less of a fan.

And EVERY FAN BASE GOES THROUGH THIS. There isn't a single fan base who wouldn't under these conditions.

The Raiders fans have sucked for so long they have gotten use to it.

claymore
04-01-2009, 02:34 PM

apples vs. oranges.

claymore
04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Go back to the Freak.:rolleyes:

Post of the year.

roomemp
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I think I get tired of the "Holier than thou" act by some fans. Just because people think we are going to start losing doesn't mean they are any less of a fan.

And EVERY FAN BASE GOES THROUGH THIS. There isn't a single fan base who wouldn't under these conditions.

I like to think that Broncos fans are different than other fan bases. And I would NEVER compare our fan base to the Raiders.

gnomeflinger
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
At least the off-season isn't boring. Just saying :D

Buff
04-01-2009, 02:44 PM

No, but the people who are making a point of announcing how they are now less of a fan because of a personnel misstep ought to be called out for their irrationality.

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I like to think that Broncos fans are different than other fan bases.

Then reality comes back and slams you in the face. All fans are humans and have the same flaws. So hysteria is part of the deal.

And I would NEVER compare our fan base to the Raiders.

That was a response to the original post

KCL
04-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I like to think that Broncos fans are different than other fan bases.

Really they're not...as far as the topic of the thread...I don't think any of the people that are caught up in all this crap are bandwagon fans..even the one who has his tickets for sale.If he does sell them,I'm sure he'll be watching them on TV and if he can't sell them....I seriously doubt if he is going to let the seats sit empty.

broncofaninfla
04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll admit I haven't liked much that McD has done to date but I am and will always be a fan. 0-16 or 16-0 doesn't matter, this is my team. As fans we have a right to be critical of decisions made by the club, that's part of being a fan, talking smack and routing your team on.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I think sometimes bandwagon can be confused with passion.

That said, either your with the team or not. ( that is directed at the fans )

That said, either your with the team or not. ( that is directed at Cutler )

As far as the person selling the tickets because he is disgusted....notice its only for a year. He is holding out to see how good we are going to be and will be right back in those seats in 2010 cheering on Brady QUinn and the Broncos.

:coffee:

KCL
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I think sometimes bandwagon can be confused with passion.

That said, either your with the team or not. ( that is directed at the fans )

That said, either your with the team or not. ( that is directed at Cutler )

As far as the person selling the tickets because he is disgusted....notice its only for a year. He is holding out to see how good we are going to be and will be right back in those seats in 2010 cheering on Brady QUinn and the Broncos.

:coffee:
Well G...Haven't you been wanting to go to some Bronco games? There you go...:D

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Well G...Haven't you been wanting to go to some Bronco games? There you go...:D

Nope...not anymore...I am now a Chefs fan...:coffee:

Wanna go to some games?

KCL
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Nope...not anymore...I am now a Chefs fan...:coffee:

Wanna go to some games?

Liar.........but who are the Chefs?

2U_EfE-mqgE

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Liar.........but who are the Chefs?

2U_EfE-mqgE

Section 215, seat 43 and 44, row 11. See you there. :beer:

Northman
04-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Jesus Christ.

Later Guyz!!!!!!

Amen sister. Take it from a longtime fan who doesnt have the luxury to even get tickets for a game. I have never been to one live and i envy those who actually have the ability to do so. So it pains me when people can just bail on a whim. :tsk:

OB
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM

Jesus Christ.

Later Guyz!!!!!!

You rock vic :D

PS - Please dont go - dont gooooo - dont go away
Im begging you to stay

FanInAZ
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Living here in the valley of the sunburn, I only get to see the Broncos play 1 regular season game every 8 years. However, I do get to watch them when they come here almost every other year in the pre-season. If I can afford the tickets, I'll go!

dogfish
04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
sorry V, i call bullshit-- i don't owe pat bowlen a nickel. . . . i watched every single game of the brian griese era, i'm no bandwagon fan! if i decided to start rooting for the steelers you'd have a point, but if i decide to cancel my sunday ticket because i think the front office completely bungled things and i'd rather spend that money elsewhere and watch the games streamed online for free, how is that "jumping off the bandwagon?" is there some yearly merchandise quota for being a true fan??

is jwinn a "better" broncos fan than the rest of us because he makes large dollars and can afford to buy more shit?

my first year back in ohio i lived in a place where they wouldn't let me get a dish for directv, and i wasn't able to watch the games-- was i a less loyal fan that year? my best friend was born in denver, has supported the team his whole life, and he loves them so much that he loses his shit when they lose a game-- but he isn't interested in spending the time to come on these boards and follow the day-to-day happenings the way a lot of us do. . . does that mean he's a less devoted or loyal fan?

as far as i'm concerned, ANYONE that followed the broncos through the freakin' HEARTBREAK of those monstrous super bowl blow-outs has earned the right to question the direction of the franchise a little bit without being called a bandwagoner, and decide to withold their financial support if they aren't pleased with some of the decisions. . . i'm not a lemming, and i don't owe blind, unconditional loyalty to any corporation. . . .

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
sorry V, i call bullshit-- i don't owe pat bowlen a nickel. . . . i watched every single game of the brian griese era, i'm no bandwagon fan! if i decided to start rooting for the steelers you'd have a point, but if i decide to cancel my sunday ticket because i think the front office completely bungled things and i'd rather spend that money elsewhere and watch the games streamed online for free, how is that "jumping off the bandwagon?" is there some yearly merchandise quota for being a true fan???

is jwinn a "better" broncos fan than the rest of us because he makes large dollars and can afford to buy more shit?

my first year back in ohio i lived in a place where they wouldn't let me get a dish for directv, and i wasn't able to watch the games-- was i a less loyal fan that year? my best friend was born in denver, has supported the team his whole life, and he loves them so much that he loses his shit when they lose a game-- but he isn't interested in spending the timeto come on these boards and follow the day-to-day happenings the way a lot of us do. . . does that mean he's a less devoted or loyal fan?

as far as i'm concerend, ANYONE that followed the broncos through the freakin' HEARTBREAK of those monstrous super bowl blow-outs has earned the right to question the direction of the franchise a little bit without being called a bandwagoner, and decide to withold their financial support if they aren't pleased with some of the decisions. . . i'm not a lemming, and i don't owe blind, unconditional loyalty to any corporation. . . .

:rofl:

You said Jwinn.......

:rofl:

jrelway
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Living here in the valley of the sunburn, I only get to see the Broncos play 1 regular season game every 8 years. However, I do get to watch them when they come here almost every other year in the pre-season. If I can afford the tickets, I'll go!

sunday ticket bro. they let you break down the cost into 4 payments if you cant pay all up front. and if you dont have directv, should be free install, and its probably cheaper than cable.

Superchop 7
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I see it as people standing up for what they believe in.

Just because coca-cola reformulated coke, it did not mean that people would accept it.

It was a bad idea that didn't work.

At least coke went back to the original formula.

In Broncoland, we don't have that option.

I have no desire to chill out, I have no desire to support idiotic decisions.

I am not a person that bends over and calls out "thank you sir....may I have another" while getting the business end of a paddle.

This would have never happened with Shanny, but even if it did he would have the integrity to walk up to a microphone and admit it was " his" fault.

I do not support liars and backstabbers.

I support integrity and honesty.

If "you" want to, go right ahead.