PDA

View Full Version : So What Are you All Gonna Say When...

Overtime
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Cutler is gone, and McDaniels gets a new QB in here, Nolan gets the defense in the Top #15 and we win a Super Bowl???

and Jay Cutler is off in Detroit or NY getting his punk ass sacked all the time, and throwing INT's and costing his new team games?

What will you say then? About McDaniels? about Bowlen? About our franchise?

I guarantee this...you can quote it, you can bookmark it, print it, write it, record it, scan it, save it, whatever, but JAY CUTLER WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP....EVER. NOT HERE IN DENVER, NOT IN NY, NOT IN CLEVELAND, NOT IN DETROIT, NOT EVEN IN NEW ENGLAND, NOT IN DALLAS. MARK MY WORDS.

weazel
04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
my crystal ball is currently in the shop and I will have to take your word for it.

turftoad
Cutler is gone, and McDaniels gets a new QB in here, Nolan gets the defense in the Top #15 and we win a Super Bowl???

and Jay Cutler is off in Detroit or NY getting his punk ass sacked all the time, and throwing INT's and costing his new team games?

I guarantee this...you can quote it, you can bookmark it, print it, write it, record it, scan it, save it, whatever, but JAY CUTLER WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP....EVER. NOT HERE IN DENVER, NOT IN NY, NOT IN CLEVELAND, NOT IN DETROIT, NOT EVEN IN NEW ENGLAND, NOT IN DALLAS. MARK MY WORDS.

:tsk:

SM19

I might be better able to answer your question if you could tell me when you expect this to happen.

claymore
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM

I will say, man, that was a great dream.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I might be better able to answer your question if you could tell me when you expect this to happen.

it will happen between now and the 2014 Season. I give it 5 years and we win a championship without Butt-hurt-ler.

weazel
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
it will happen between now and the 2014 Season. I give it 5 years and we win a championship without Butt-hurt-ler.

D1g1tal j1m
04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Shake Magic 8 Ball:

"Reply Hazy, Try Again"

turftoad

McDaniels won't be here in 5 years................... as long as we're making predictions.

underrated29
good call clay.

i was going to say dream on.

weazel
I believe we will have flying cars

SM19
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM

If you can't be more specific, how am I possibly supposed to guess what I'll say?

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
look everyone it's albert einstien !!!

Overtime
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
If you can't be more specific, how am I possibly supposed to guess what I'll say?

i gave you a range, should be sufficient. between 2009-2014.

Broncospsycho77
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll say, "Man, that was a great championship, but we would have won by 2 more touchdowns with Jay Cutler."

That's what I'd say.

claymore
04-01-2009, 01:30 PM

I say we are on our second post Shannahan Coach and still havent found a franchise QB.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:31 PM

dear fortune teller,

my brothers wife is pregnant. will it be a boy or girl? please let me know asap so i can forward the good news.

also, will i die rich?

thanks,

denbronx

SM19
04-01-2009, 01:34 PM

I can really only guess, but I'd say five years is going to make quite a bit or difference. Five years from now I'd probably say something like, "I didn't think McDaniels would last this long as Denver's coach, but I guess I was wrong." But if it happens next year, it would probably be more along the lines of "OH MY GOD EVERY OTHER NFL CITY JUST DISAPPEARED FOR NO REASON."

NameUsedBefore
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM

Consider it in the memory bank. Which doesn't error often, btw.

Speaking of being unable to forget dumb shit, I still owe claymore some vengeance for slighting Regina Spektor. Bet you didn't remember that one clay.

*pulls blinds*

slim
04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
dear fortune teller,

my brothers wife is pregnant. will it be a boy or girl? please let me know asap so i can forward the good news.

also, will i die rich?

thanks,

denbronx

1. Boy

2. No

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
1. Boy

2. No

1. yes!

2. dammit!!!!!!!!!!!! :tsk:

Flatinum
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I believe we will have flying cars

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/64372/flying_car/

jrelway
04-01-2009, 02:02 PM
im sure if mcdaniels and co win the superbowl this year or next, most of us cutler supporters will eat crow. i know i will. but lets say this, what if cutler goes to detroit and takes them to the superbowl and wins it? far fetched right? just like mcdaniels taking this team anywhere close to the big show.

NameUsedBefore
04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
All I gotta say is I made my friends eat shit for three 5-11 seasons in a row (Cowboys). If Cutler goes off and wins superbowls while McDaniels burns the franchise to the ground -- Bowlen presumably off playing a fiddle on a roof -- it's going to be rough.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 02:10 PM

McDaniels will never smell a Lombardi Trophy as the head coach of the Broncos.

Wherever Cutler goes, I hope he gets a decent defense so Cutler can really show what he's all about......winning.....

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 02:12 PM
McDaniels will never smell a Lombardi Trophy as the head coach of the Broncos.

Wherever Cutler goes, I hope he gets a decent defense so Cutler can really show what he's all about......winning.....

Yeah. Because he won in college and the pros.

Oh, wait......

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 02:13 PM

Oh, wait......

LOL....I was thinking the exact same words

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Oh, wait......

Yeah. Because he was THE OFFENSE at Vanderbilt by himself and has had one of the shittiest defenses since getting his first start in the NFL

turftoad
04-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Oh, wait......

Yeah, because he was on such great teams.

Gimme a break. :tsk:

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Very valid points, but nevertheless...saying he is all about winning, when he's never done it...is complete assumption.

fcspikeit
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM

That would all depend on whether Cutler regretted leaving Denver.. As long as he still feels it was the right move, it was the right move..

What are you going to say when 5 years from now the Broncos have a record of less then 500?

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah. Because he was THE OFFENSE at Vanderbilt by himself and has had one of the shittiest defenses since getting his first start in the NFL

Yeah, because he was on such great teams.

Gimme a break. :tsk:

23 turnovers in 2009.

Overtime
guess we'll find out just how good Cutler really is without Shanahan calling the shots...im willing to bet he falls flat on his face.

Denver27og

wake up fool.. as long as McDick is here.. we will be patriots west.. and cutler will win a superbowl before we do... even if he goes to detroit

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Very valid points, but nevertheless...saying he is all about winning, when he's never done it...is complete assumption.

Not assumption. Fact. My crystal balls says so :D

Seriously, I think Cutler could be phenomenal if he gets a supporting cast on defense because it will take so much pressure off of his shoulders, which will lead to less turnovers by him because he isnt forcing anything to make a play.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 02:19 PM

Seriously, I think Cutler could be phenomenal if he gets a supporting cast on defense because it will take so much pressure off of his shoulders, which will lead to less turnovers by him because he isnt forcing anything to make a play.

Yeah. That explains all his turnovers, because we were only out of three games by the end of the third quarter last year.

claymore
04-01-2009, 02:21 PM

Oh, wait......

LOL....I was thinking the exact same words

I thought you guys agreed it took a team?

CoachChaz

...and I cannot and will not disagree with that. But just as much as he needs a better team around him, McD needs a QB that can handle his personality and system. At the end of the day, it just wasnt a good marriage and it has to end. Maybe both find bliss with another partner

CoachChaz
I thought you guys agreed it took a team?

I do...I just think it's hard to say someone that has never won...regardless of the reason...is all about winning.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah. That explains all his turnovers, because we were only out of three games by the end of the third quarter last year.

When your defense can't stop anybody and you have an inconsistant running game...all that's left to do is throw the ball :rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 02:26 PM
When your defense can't stop anybody and you have an inconsistant running game...all that's left to do is throw the ball :rolleyes:

Only three games were pretty much decided at the end of the third.

Cutler's turnovers in the eight losses? 13 of his 18 interceptions.

Speaks volumes to me.

weazel
04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm all about winning! I never played college or pro, but I'm all about the winning. Maybe I should be QB for the Broncos

Overtime
04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
wake up fool.. as long as McDick is here.. we will be patriots west.. and cutler will win a superbowl before we do... even if he goes to detroit

um so what's wrong with being Patriots West and winning 3 Super Bowls in an 8 year period? if McD makes us Patriots west, I'll take that any day of the week.

and Cutler ain't gonna win a Super Bowl...just you watch.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Weren't we the Denver 49ers at one point?

LRtagger
04-01-2009, 03:45 PM
This is the dumbest thread of all time.

It's an "I told you so" thread and nothing has even freaking happened yet.

broncohead
04-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Speaks volumes to me.

That sounds like he's trying to make big plays and force passes. We where most likely behind.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM

I will say....

:rofl: at Cutler....

The grass is greener huh?

Not for spoiled brats.

:coffee:

Krugan
04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Ill say, that should have went to Overtime.

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
This is the dumbest thread of all time.

It's an "I told you so" thread and nothing has even freaking happened yet.

like we are ever going to reference this thread wether or not Jay Cutler does not win a superbowl or McDaniels delivers us a Superbowl win. Just crazy

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
That sounds like he's trying to make big plays and force passes. We where most likely behind.

that's what it was but Joes under Tubby's spell. it's hardly worth arguing about anymore.

NameUsedBefore
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
like we are ever going to reference this thread wether or not Jay Cutler does not win a superbowl or McDaniels delivers us a Superbowl win. Just crazy

I got it bookmarked.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2305/incaseosuperbowl.png

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I got it bookmarked.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2305/incaseosuperbowl.png

why?

NameUsedBefore
04-01-2009, 04:57 PM
sigh

NickelTG
04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
What's everyone going to be saying when.....

Denver can't win 6 games next year even if their team isn't bubonic plagued by injuries.

1. He's rebuilding an 8-8 team with one of the worst defenses in the league.
2.At least we don't have that "crybaby Cutler"...I'd rather have a die hard bronco,then a whiner...At least we have our dignity.
3. Even if Jay was here....He wouldn't have done any better.

Broncospsycho77
04-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Speaks volumes to me.

FWIW, he threw 11 touchdowns in the fourth quarter, second in the league (to Rivers).

I don't mind Cutler leaving, but there'd surely be a talent leaving with his departure.

Bronco Bible
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM

It is uncanny how Pat Bowlen went from the best owner in sports too an Al Davis wanna be:rolleyes: Cutler kept up the bleeding not PB

skycoyote
04-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Dream on dude, it ain't gonna happen.

atwater27
04-01-2009, 06:25 PM

What will I say then? I would say put down the playstation controller and get some fresh air.

scott.475
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
All these stupid attacks on each other over this issue need to stop. My gosh, how dumb. We all have legit reasons to be taking whatever side we are taking on this issue, I don't know why all these attacks have to continue. It is a bit like trying to convince someone they are wrong for liking their favorite ice cream, just a matter of opinion.

I hope we win a SB with McD and whoever he brings in, I am a Bronco fan, of course that is what I want, but so far I am just not feeling the magic. I hope I am wrong. What will I say? Well, probably all the same stuff I said last time we won, things like "Yes! Yes! Yes!" and "We are the best!" and "I love those guys!" and "Woohoo!" As I have said before, winning cures a lot of ills.

As far as predicting the Cutler will never win a Superbowl I would only say wow, don't go out on a limb or anything. I can predict that I will not wake up tomorrow either handsome or a millionaire and I would probably be right about that too. Predicting that any one of 32 QBs in the league will NOT win a SB is not that risky of a bet. Predict the next three SB winners for me and I will be impressed.

SM19
04-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Let me be clear... while I believe this is pretty much a disaster for the Denver Broncos, I am open to being proven wrong. I just hope that Overtime, having boldly predicted a Super Bowl for McDaniels within five years despite the high failure rate of new NFL coaches, is open to that same possibility.

Broncospsycho77
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
legit

Sorry, pet peeve here, but man... that's annoying.

Sure, if you look up "legit" in the dictionary, it'll be there, but in all honesty, I'm going to think that the author of the post is a bit less credible for using an abbreviation like "legit". Likewise, I'll probably think the author is a bit more credible when he/she/it uses the word "legitimate" or "legitimately". The whole word is incredibly powerful in adding importance to something, and it's a shame that American culture bastardized another word of that nature.

Oh, BTW, this isn't directed at you directly... you're just the first example that I've seen to illustrate this point to everybody, because I hate the word/abbreviation "legit".

/selfinducedminirant

scott.475
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM

Sure, if you look up "legit" in the dictionary, it'll be there, but in all honesty, I'm going to think that the author of the post is a bit less credible for using an abbreviation like "legit". Likewise, I'll probably think the author is a bit more credible when he/she/it uses the word "legitimate" or "legitimately". The whole word is incredibly powerful in adding importance to something, and it's a shame that American culture bastardized another word of that nature.

Oh, BTW, this isn't directed at you directly... you're just the first example that I've seen to illustrate this point to everybody, because I hate the word/abbreviation "legit".

/selfinducedminirant

Know something, I honestly do not know why I did that. I don't think I ever abbreviate that word, just too "street" for me. I don't know if I got distracted by another thought when I was typing or what, but I do not think I normally use that word, I don't usually try to abbreviate words at all. So, really, I don't think I would have intentionally typed that. You can believe me, I am legit :D.

edit: Okay, I searched and see that I used that once before, don't know why. I resolve not to use it again...thanks for picking on me. :salute:

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna say........

"We coulda gotten here faster with Cutler." :laugh:

Dean
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM

When that happens I will say that I have been dead wrong. Until then, I'll say that I don't believe in McKid (I believe he is a liar) and IMO you are having difficulty keeping in touch with reality.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm gonna say........

"We coulda gotten here faster with Leach." :laugh:

I think that's more appropriate.

Superchop 7
04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm going to say "hey guys....check out the dream I just had"

omac
04-01-2009, 08:14 PM

/selfinducedminirant

propa :D

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I think that's more appropriate.

I <3 you. :love:

Simple Jaded
04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I'll say, "Man, that was a great championship, but we would have won by 2 more touchdowns with Jay Cutler."

That's what I'd say.

That's pretty much my feelings on this, no matter what, this is a much better team with Jay Cutler.

I wonder what people will say if/when Doogie is basically maintaining the 24-24 record with his handpicked system QB and a Top15 defense.......

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 08:36 PM

The last guarantee I saw was that we would win a superbowl with Cutler. ....

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I <3 you. :love:

Imagine, if the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl it came down to a field goal or extra point and Lonnie Paxton screws up the snap, costing the Broncos another championship....you would have his head in a box, gift wrapped, and sent to McD with a note saying "You're next!"

Cynical and sadistic I know, but I'm in Biology right now and really bored.

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Imagine, if the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl it came down to a field goal or extra point and Lonnie Paxton screws up the snap, costing the Broncos another championship....you would have his head in a box, gift wrapped, and sent to McD with a note saying "You're next!"

Cynical and sadistic I know, but I'm in Biology right now and really bored.

If that happened, Paxton's head would explode from the telepathic killing rays I'd be sending him. Right there on the field.

scott.475
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
If that happened, Paxton's head would explode from the telepathic killing rays I'd be sending him. Right there on the field.

COOL!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_6C4eM2jMc5E/SJM6kcKMfsI/AAAAAAAAAAc/xGSAm7VaWn8/s320/scanners4.jpg

claymore
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm gonna say........

"We coulda gotten here faster with Cutler." :laugh:

I dont know, I think the Leach move is proof McD is a douche. He is a Martyr.

getlynched47
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM

Speaks volumes to me.

How many INT's did Peyton Manning throw in his second full season as a starter? What about Elway? Favre?

I find it hysterical that you expect Cutler to be perfect in only his 2nd full year as a starter.

I eagerly await your response to this...

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 09:25 PM

Ha. His head would fly further than Nate Webster's helmet.

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Ha. His head would fly further than Nate Webster's helmet.

Damn skippy.

sneakers
04-02-2009, 12:35 AM

I will say good....I guess everything worked out.

lex
04-02-2009, 12:40 AM

I will say it wasnt worth it. Its not like Denver has never won a SB before.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh please. If Cutler is dealt and McDaniels turns Denver into a legitimate Championship contender, everyone here will be calling him McGenius and he'll be the best thing since power windows. Everyone will love the new QB who didn't have to live in Elway's shadow but Cutler's and succeeded. Everyone who was cursing McDaniels for implementing the 'Patriot Way' will never say a thing about it again if Denver had half the success New England has had.

McDaniels knows QBs and how to develop them. Whoever comes to Denver when/if Cutler is dealt will be in a good situation.

I know this is theoretical, but winningchanges everything.

Cutler, from when Shanahan was rightly fired to even now with his latest comments, has proved he has Bronco blood on his hands too. Nobody in this debacle here is innocent.

lex
04-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh please. If Cutler is dealt and McDaniels turns Denver into a legitimate Championship contender, everyone here will be calling him McGenius and he'll be the best thing since power windows. Everyone will love the new QB who didn't have to live in Elway's shadow but Cutler's and succeeded. Everyone who was cursing McDaniels for implementing the 'Patriot Way' will never say a thing about it again if Denver had half the success New England has had.

McDaniels knows QBs and how to develop them. Whoever comes to Denver when/if Cutler is dealt will be in a good situation.

I know this is theoretical, but winningchanges everything.

Cutler, from when Shanahan was rightly fired to even now with his latest comments, has proved he has Bronco blood on his hands too. Nobody in this debacle here is innocent.

Speak for yourself.

Broncolingus
04-02-2009, 12:51 AM

JAKE PLUMMER SUCKS!

...oh, wait...

(Seriously, GP, dude...I hope you're right)

shank
04-02-2009, 12:55 AM

i will say "**** YEAH" and then drink until i pass out. i love the broncos.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Speak for yourself.

I'm not speaking for the guy still sweating Spagnuolo, that's for sure. And spare it. If Denver went 13-3 this season with ___________ at QB and McDaniels was a Coach of the year candidate and we were having Super dreams at night, you'd forget all about this.

TXBRONC
04-02-2009, 12:57 AM

I don't where you've been unless McDaniels turns this program around within the next two to three season he wont be here.

frauschieze
04-02-2009, 12:59 AM
...he'll be the best thing since power windows.

Power windows are overrated. They freeze in the winter, then you can't smoke. :hi:

shank
04-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Power windows are overrated. They freeze in the winter, then you can't smoke. :hi:

smoking is overrated. it provides no benefit and makes your face taste like shit, your lungs suck, and your teeth yellow. :welcome:

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:04 AM
I am so addicted to those friggin' things it's so disgusting.

lex
04-02-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm not speaking for the guy still sweating Spagnuolo, that's for sure. And spare it. If Denver went 13-3 this season with ___________ at QB and McDaniels was a Coach of the year candidate and we were having Super dreams at night, you'd forget all about this.

Like I said, you should speak for yourself.

frauschieze
04-02-2009, 01:05 AM
smoking is overrated. it provides no benefit and makes your face taste like shit, your lungs suck, and your teeth yellow. :welcome:

Yeah, I know. That's why I quit. ;)

But I still don't trust power windows.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Then you are not a fan. I'm not speaking for you, now I'm speaking about you.

You root for the uniform first, regardless of who is in it. The team is bigger than any player not named John Elway.

That's like Broncos fans stopping following the team when Elway retired, in fact.

Maybe all some know is a Plummer or a Cutler as the QB and a Shanahan as a Coach, but the Broncos were around a long time before that.

Jay Cutler is not the be all end all of the Broncos. There was success before him. There will be after him.

WARHORSE
04-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Im sure we'll hear from you if it turns out any different.:tsk:

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:34 AM
War, I will want McDaniels' head on a plate buried out in Albequerque if he fields a joke of a team and can't turn Denver into a contender again.

I'm not ready to crucify him without Coaching a single game and seeing if he can improve the worst defense in the League.

The guy knows Offense. The guy knows Qbs. Nolan knows defense.

Cutler had a hand in the mess too.

Let's see what McDaniels can do to help make this team better.

lex
04-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Then you are not a fan. I'm not speaking for you, now I'm speaking about you.

You root for the uniform first, regardless of who is in it. The team is bigger than any player not named John Elway.

That's like Broncos fans stopping following the team when Elway retired, in fact.

Maybe all some know is a Plummer or a Cutler as the QB and a Shanahan as a Coach, but the Broncos were around a long time before that.

Jay Cutler is not the be all end all of the Broncos. There was success before him. There will be after him.

Aimless flailing. That doesnt really characterize anything where Im concerned.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Nothing aimless or flailing about it. It characterizes you perfectly, as you 'aimlessly flail about' in every Cutler thread here.

WARHORSE
04-02-2009, 01:55 AM
War, I will want McDaniels' head on a plate buried out in Albequerque if he fields a joke of a team and can't turn Denver into a contender again.

I'm not ready to crucify him without Coaching a single game and seeing if he can improve the worst defense in the League.

The guy knows Offense. The guy knows Qbs. Nolan knows defense.

Cutler had a hand in the mess too.

Let's see what McDaniels can do to help make this team better.

The thing is, we could all be going into the draft thinking about what defensive players McDaniels is going to select, knowing our offense only needed to be tweaked and refined, including Cutler.

Instead, what are we doing?

One minute we have the best young QB in the game, and the next minute we're back to searching for Bobby Fisher.

PITIFUL.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 02:09 AM
The thing is, we could all be going into the draft thinking about what defensive players McDaniels is going to select, knowing our offense only needed to be tweaked and refined, including Cutler.

Instead, what are we doing?

One minute we have the best young QB in the game...

I agree. It is a mess. But best young QB in the game? That's debatable. The guy has skills, nobody doubts his potential or his tools. But there are issues War.

BroncoTech
04-02-2009, 03:38 AM
The point is it takes 3 or 4 years for a QB to mature. We made that investment with this guy. We should get more out of that investment than some memories of a strong armed kid. Every journeyman player on our squad who could find a spot elsewhere has probably at least considered mutiny over the treatment of their field general.

This rookie coach should be carrying Cutler's bags in for him. Damn rookies.

omac
04-02-2009, 04:16 AM
The point is it takes 3 or 4 years for a QB to mature. We made that investment with this guy. We should get more out of that investment than some memories of a strong armed kid. Every journeyman player on our squad who could find a spot elsewhere has probably at least considered mutiny over the treatment of their field general.

This rookie coach should be carrying Cutler's bags in for him. Damn rookies.

That's a pretty good point about investment. Shanahan develops his QBs well, and now another team will reap the rewards of Shanahan's sweat.

Similar situation to when Shanahan was fired and McDaniels was brought in. McDaniels would inherit the offense filled with a playmaking QB, playmaking WRs and TEs (and even FB), and a solid OL, all built by Shanahan over the past 3 seasons.

While other coaches would love to take over this squad that Shanahan worked hard to build, McDaniels didn't see as much value in it, with interests in trading the QB, TE, and FB. I guess I just find that a bit wasteful.

It was Shanahan who said, after he was fired, that anyone would be a fool to mess with this offense, or something like that. I wonder if he had an inkling of what would happen in a few short months? :shocked:

Here's hoping McDaniels stays calm and keeps it together through his rough first stint as a head coach. :cheers:

lex
04-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Nothing aimless or flailing about it. It characterizes you perfectly, as you 'aimlessly flail about' in every Cutler thread here.

You have no idea what your're talking about. LOL