PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hasselbeck and the 4th overall pick?

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I would trade Cutler (if we have to) for Hasselbeck and the 4th and another pick/player. He is a smart player and it seems like he would flourish in the system until we can bring someone else along.
What do you think?

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I would do it. Then i would trade Marshall for another 1st round pick and take Crabtree at #4.

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I would do it. Then i would trade Marshall for another 1st round pick and take Crabtree at #4.

Really? You wanna trade Marshall? Why because of the trouble he gets into?

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Really? You wanna trade Marshall? Why because of the trouble he gets into?

Yea, its a concern.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Hell no. Horrible idea. Where is Cleo Lemon?

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 11:36 AM

Care to elaborate?

Dirk
04-01-2009, 11:39 AM

If that type of deal were to go through, I would grab Crabtree. I love BMarsh, but can we afford the suspensions every year?

turftoad
04-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Matt Hasselbeck is terrible.

TXBRONC
04-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I would trade Cutler (if we have to) for Hasselbeck and the 4th and another pick/player. He is a smart player and it seems like he would flourish in the system until we can bring someone else along.
What do you think?

I doubt Seattle will trade him.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Care to elaborate?

Any deal with Jay Cutler needs Cleo Lemon in return. Figure that out in a deal and come back with a proposal.

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Not a huge fan of Hasselback, but getting Raji at #4 would be nice. then reach for best edge rusher available at #12, and we've got the foundation for our front seven for the next few years (assuming Haji doesn't bust).

grab a project QB in the later rounds to groom, let the Hass and the spleen-less wonder duke it out in TC, and see where we're at this time next year.

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Any deal with Jay Cutler needs Cleo Lemon in return. Figure that out in a deal and come back with a proposal.

It is now official...the Cleo Lemon jokes are no longer funny. :salute:

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
You mean RAJI right? And Cicero, about Cleo Lemon, oh yes, I would give up Cutler and our 12th pick for that stud.

EMB6903
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Hasselbeck has been productive his entire career with no real threat as a wide reciever

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Hasselbeck has been productive his entire career with no real threat as a wide reciever

And, he's BALD!! :D

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Hasselbeck's name isn't spelled C-U-T-L-E-R...therrefore he is immediately a horrible player

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Hasselbeck can't MOVE. And he's old.

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Hasselbeck's name isn't spelled C-U-T-L-E-R...therrefore he is immediately a horrible player

We could be trading for Tom Brady and it still wouldnt be very popular. :lol:

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 11:51 AM

He's not horrible, but man.....I watched too many Seattle games last year. Granted, their O coordinator is a friggin' moron; using Hasselback in rollouts and Seneca Wallace in the pocket. But Hasselback has been injured A LOT lately and he's not as productive as he used to be. I do wonder if he'd be better behind our O line, since Seattle's wasn't that great last year.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
He's not horrible, but man.....I watched too many Seattle games last year. Granted, their O coordinator is a friggin' moron; using Hasselback in rollouts and Seneca Wallace in the pocket. But Hasselback has been injured A LOT lately and he's not as productive as he used to be. I do wonder if he'd be better behind our O line, since Seattle's wasn't that great last year.

I think with a solid O-line, good receivers and a consistent running game, he could at least do well enough to get us to the next guy.

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Hasselbeck can't MOVE. And he's old.

Hasselbeck's mobility is very underrated imo. he's obviously not Vick, and he's not as effective as Cutler throwing on the move, but he can scramble to pick up a first down when needed. he's definitely a pocket passer, but is more mobile than most think.

He is getting up there, at 33. but he'd be a short term bridge while McDaniels works his magic on the next Cassel. ;)

Bill Devaroe
04-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Maybe they can get really cretive and work a 5 team deal that would look like the following

We trade
Cutler
Marshall
Shefler
Kenny Peterson
Elvis Doomervill
Payton Hillis

in return for
Lemon
Matt Jones
Jason Whitten
Calvin Johnson
JUlious Perppers

Xznders would have to do some magic but that would b e sweet!!

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Maybe they can get really cretive and work a 5 team deal that would look like the following

We trade
Cutler
Marshall
Shefler
Kenny Peterson
Elvis Doomervill
Payton Hillis

in return for
Lemon
Matt Jones
Jason Whitten
Calvin Johnson
JUlious Perppers

Elaborate specifics.

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 12:05 PM

We trade
Cutler
Marshall
Shefler
Kenny Peterson
Elvis Doomervill
Payton Hillis

in return for
Lemon
Matt Jones
Jason Whitten
Calvin Johnson
JUlious Perppers

:shocked:.................:lol:

Bill Devaroe
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Elaborate specifics.

I thought I did . this wouild be a 5 team deal with Jackson ville, Dallas, Detriot, Denver, and Carolina

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Bill, you are always full of good ideas. Awesome. Too bad Jones was cut and can't be traded.

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I thought I did . this wouild be a 5 team deal with Jackson ville, Dallas, Detriot, Denver, and Carolina

Would any picks be involved. Who would get what?

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Royal seems to be the only fit in our system. I wanna see what we can get for Clady.

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM
I like your signature Clay!

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Royal seems to be the only fit in our system. I wanna see what we can get for Clady.

I got it! Clady and Cutler for Cassel's used jockstrap

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM

Cutler for a mediocre QB and a 1st rounder, and Clady for a younger center, and a #2.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM

I wonder if the Chefs would trade us Cassel for Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Clady and Champ straight up?

weazel
04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Pick Vick

Bill Devaroe
04-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Would any picks be involved. Who would get what?

not sure. It gets confusing. Better leave it to Xanders

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I wonder if the Chefs would trade us Cassel for Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Clady and Champ straight up?

My dream trade scenario..... Trade McD for a kick in the nuts and Cutler's Phone number. Bowlen is drunk, or has alzheimers so he wont even remember this tomorrow.

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 12:16 PM

No way, dude. That's Matt ******* Cassel! He led a team that went 18-1 the year before to 11-5. The guy pisses excellence.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
No way, dude. That's Matt ******* Cassel! He led a team that went 18-1 the year before to 11-5. The guy pisses excellence.

Thats right, shit, I forgot.

weazel
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Pick Vick

tubby
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Hasselbeck is done. Too old, bad back.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
As long as we're acting as old as Cutler does...why dont we just give him his outright release? Problem solved

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Hasselbeck is done. Too old, bad back.

You want plummer back admit it.

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
As long as we're acting as old as Cutler does...why dont we just give him his outright release? Problem solved

Bowlen is the one acting like a crybaby.

weazel
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
bench Cutler. Pick Vick

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Because we might be able to get a signed jersey by Matt Cassel! Okay, I'm done now..........

turftoad
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM

I think we're acting stupid. We learned it from McD. :D

weazel
04-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Pick Vick, two upsides...

1 a starting QB
2. lesss stray dogs

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Pick Vick, two upsides...

1 a starting QB
2. lesss stray dogs

Solves our running back situation to.

omac
04-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Hasselbeck's mobility is very underrated imo. he's obviously not Vick, and he's not as effective as Cutler throwing on the move, but he can scramble to pick up a first down when needed. he's definitely a pocket passer, but is more mobile than most think.

He is getting up there, at 33. but he'd be a short term bridge while McDaniels works his magic on the next Cassel. ;)

Yeah, that's the main thing, the age. If we don't get that many years of high performance seasons from him, we'll need much more compensation. He is an excellent QB. Also have to check if he's still sharp; that game last season where he took a bad hit, he couldn't understand what the reporters were asking him after the game.

weazel
04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, that's the main thing, the age. If we don't get that many years of high performance seasons from him, we'll need much more compensation. He is an excellent QB. Also have to check if he's still sharp; that game last season where he took a bad hit, he couldn't understand what the reporters were asking him after the game.

Sounds like Cutler now

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
What do you think?

and draft defense as that is what is needed to win a Super Bowl at some point. Good post :beer:

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 01:00 PM

He is right next to Tim Hasselback, Matts Brother who sucked in the NFL

Overtime
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
What do you think?

NO!!!!!! Hasselbeck is the modern day version of Trent Dilfer. no way!!!!!!!!!! :tsk::tsk::tsk:

weazel
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
NO!!!!!! Hasselbeck is the modern day version of Trent Dilfer. no way!!!!!!!!!! :tsk::tsk::tsk:

you mean a superbowl winner?? :confused:

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
If not for a bad call, Hasselbeck could have a ring too

weazel
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
If not for a bad call, Hasselbeck could have a ring too

if not for a ton of bad calls. That game was a joke. the fix was in...

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 02:25 PM

We trade
Cutler
Marshall
Shefler
Kenny Peterson
Elvis Doomervill
Payton Hillis

in return for
Lemon
Matt Jones
Jason Whitten
Calvin Johnson
JUlious Perppers

I'd have to pass on this. Whitten doesn't fit our scheme.

:coffee:

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd have to pass on this. Whitten doesn't fit our scheme.

how bc? Witten is the best TE in football period. he can actually
block and catch passes. Unless you are being sarcastic then it was funny then lol

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 03:33 PM
how bc? Witten is the best TE in football period. he can actually
block and catch passes. Unless you are being sarcastic then it was funny then lol

:smack:

sarcasm med. sorry 'bout that. :beer:

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 03:42 PM
if not for a ton of bad calls. That game was a joke. the fix was in...

That's why they're called the Stealers.
Same for last Superbowl too.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
you mean a superbowl winner?? :confused:

only because of a badass ravens defense. dilfer was in the right place at the right time, otherwise it woulda never happened.

and seriously, what's hasselbeck done since he played in that superbowl? nothing.

not to mention he's old, he has a herniated disk, and he's severely overrated.

thanks but I'd take Ryan Leaf before I took Hasselbeck :rolleyes:(SARCASM!!! SARCASM!!! don't take that seriously).

weazel
04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
only because of a badass ravens defense. dilfer was in the right place at the right time, otherwise it woulda never happened.

and seriously, what's hasselbeck done since he played in that superbowl? nothing.

thanks but I'd take Ryan Leaf before I took Hasselbeck :rolleyes:(SARCASM!!! SARCASM!!! don't take that seriously).

so youre saying you just need a guy in the right place at the right time... why do we need Cutler instead of someone else then? Maybe getting Plummer back is the right thing then, who knows.

Now if you want someone to replace Cutler, lets see what Jeff George is doing!

Overtime
04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
i never said we needed Cutler.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Hasselbeck is a winnner.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Hasselbeck is a winnner.

yeah only during the regular season....:lol:

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
yeah only during the regular season....:lol:

Better than 17-20

hotcarl
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
has anyone said anything about Cleo Lemon yet?

bullis26
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM

Care to tell us who would give us a first for him? or even a second? Marshall has very little value, until we find out about his pending suspension

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM

I'm not a big Hasselbeck fan, but he did put up 3900 yards, had a 28-12 TD-Int ratio, and a QB rating over 91 just two seasons ago. last year he missed most of the season and was playing like crap before hand, but he did have a very good season in 2007.

as a stop gap, we could do a lot worse.

How about McNabb? he'd be a great fit in McDaniels offense, when he's healthy. he'd have more weapons here than he's ever had. McNabb and Philly's 1st 1st?

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
both Hasselback's are HACKS..... one of them bangs a really hot chick tho

DenverBronkHoes
we dont want hasselbeck

Watchthemiddle
I'm not a big Hasselbeck fan, but he did put up 3900 yards, had a 28-12 TD-Int ratio, and a QB rating over 91 just two seasons ago. last year he missed most of the season and was playing like crap before hand, but he did have a very good season in 2007.

How about McNabb? he'd be a great fit in McDaniels offense, when he's healthy. he'd have more weapons here than he's ever had. McNabb and Philly's 1st 1st?

McNabb would be top notch, but it would never happen.

And for all of the Cutler fans out there......he would last about 3 weeks in Philly.....:laugh:

I like what we have....Simms is the starter in my opinion. McD wanted him in NE last year..he will fit the system.

We will go 11-5 or better this year.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:36 PM

wow.... i like that right there... i dont know why but i do:salute:

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
we dont want hasselbeck

we may not want Hasselbeck, but the #4 pick would sure be sweet.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:38 PM

we dont want hasselbeck

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
we dont want hasselbeck

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
ok im going back to the circus

WhatEver!!!
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
How about this... We trade Cutler to whoever gives us a excellent first rounder (above our current pick) and a good LB, SS, or DL. Good meaning better than average producer and not over 30 years old.

Then with that pick get whatever we are missing -- NOT A QB -- does anyone else remember a certain visitor to MileHigh earlier this year or maybe late last year??? A certain QB who played for us and took us to our last post season.

With our second pick pickup a QB for the future. One should be there at our #12 position.

Yes, Plummer is old but he is allot better than Simms and can most likely play for 2 years while we groom a QB of the future.

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
How about this... We trade Cutler to whoever gives us a excellent first rounder (above our current pick) and a good LB, SS, or DL. Good meaning better than average producer and not over 30 years old.

Then with that pick get whatever we are missing -- NOT A QB -- does anyone else remember a certain visitor to MileHigh earlier this year or maybe late last year??? A certain QB who played for us and took us to our last post season.

With our second pick pickup a QB for the future. One should be there at our #12 position.

Yes, Plummer is old but he is allot better than Simms and can most likely play for 2 years while we groom a QB of the future.

Plummer isn't an option. he's an Olympic hero now.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Plummer isn't an option. he's an Olympic hero now.

He'll always be my hero.

:cool:

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
He'll always be my hero.

:cool:

yeah.....we know. :rolleyes:

:D

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
yeah.....we know. :rolleyes:

:D

Winner. Not to be confused with Whinner.

bcbronc
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Winner. Not to be confused with Whinner.

I'm just hoping the next starting QB for the Broncos can unite you and mtn_man. then maybe unite the Palestinians and the Israelis during the bye week.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm just hoping the next starting QB for the Broncos can unite you and mtn_man. then maybe unite the Palestinians and the Israelis during the bye week.

That will never happen...and if it does, we would never know about it. Mtn_man is scared of this board and I am banned from mania.:laugh::laugh:

bullis26
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
mcnabb would be top notch, but it would never happen.

And for all of the cutler fans out there......he would last about 3 weeks in philly.....:laugh:

I like what we have....simms is the starter in my opinion. Mcd wanted him in ne last year..he will fit the system.

do you know our schedule?

sneakers
04-01-2009, 11:52 PM
What do you think?

When is the last time we had a Bald Quarterback?

shank
04-02-2009, 12:00 AM
we want the ball, and we're gonna score

Gamechanger
04-02-2009, 12:07 AM
McNabb would be top notch, but it would never happen.

And for all of the Cutler fans out there......he would last about 3 weeks in Philly.....:laugh:

I like what we have....Simms is the starter in my opinion. McD wanted him in NE last year..he will fit the system.

:pound: