PDA

View Full Version : Denvers biggest hole poll?

eessydo
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Qb
Rb
Wr
Te
Ol
Dt
De
Lb
Cb
S

eessydo
10-18-2007, 02:34 PM
What position should we be looking to upgrade immediately, either via trade, draft or FA?

Lonestar
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
What position should we be looking to upgrade immediately, either via trade, draft or FA?

DT(draft), DT(trade or FA), then free safety (DRAFT), a replacement for gold and then back up LB's (FA)or ....

We have to get another like Adams, then replace Adams after nest year if not even this year. Need a true free safety under the age of 30. gold is loser has been for years, and we need some quality depth there.

This draft S/B nothing but defense till we go after the RB's, and OLINES in the later rounds (second day).

Lonestar
10-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry I screwed up when I merged these two threads. You will need to redo the poll on the orginal post.. I tried but was unable to do so..

Sorry

underrated29
10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
we need a massive dt, i mean a freaking sumo out there. A henderson, a 6'8 350lb monster who eats people alive, and requires two people minimum to start to nudge him backwards. Then we need 2 linebackers. then one more really good dt. follow all that up with oline/rb/wr in order of best available.

i still prefer to wait saftey out another year. our back 4 is fine for now. We need to upgrade the front lines.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
It really depends on where you want to look for players.

There are some nice offensive lineman available in the draft (tackles) and some guys in free agency. There are only a few good linebackers (Dansby) and defensive tackles (Haynesworth) available through the market. As for running backs, there is only Michael Turner in free agency and this is a relatively weak class, and extremely weak if junior backs don't bolt for the NFL.

I'd really like to see Denver address defensive tackle, safety and linebacker in the draft, as well as maybe making one big move in free agency, perhaps two if they can afford it.

You have Big MS from Pittsburgh on the market at tackle who will probably get a truck load of money, and Faneca too. Faneca is over 30 years old, and I wouldn't see him getting more than a couple year deal here anyways.

Secondly, Denver needs to get more draft picks if they want to build through the draft. Having two fourths, fifths and sevenths is nice, but you'll probably only find a good player or two through those six picks. We need to find another way to get back into Day One, whether it's trading away a player - or letting some team in desperate need of a corner to pry Foxworth off his RFA tag.

I'd enjoy addressing all of the needs through the draft, but that's not realistic. We'll have to take a guy or two elsewhere in FA right now because we just don't have the first-day picks to fix our hurt quick.

Retired_Member_001
10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Offensive Line and Defensive line.

Both equally bad in my opinion.

Alan Faneca, Jake Scott and Max Starks is who we should sign in FA for the offensive line ASWELL as Albert Haynesworth for the defensive line.

Or we could just sign Alan Faneca and Jake Scott and draft a RT instead of signing Max Starks. It would save salary cap room.

Medford Bronco
10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
It really depends on where you want to look for players.

There are some nice offensive lineman available in the draft (tackles) and some guys in free agency. There are only a few good linebackers (Dansby) and defensive tackles (Haynesworth) available through the market. As for running backs, there is only Michael Turner in free agency and this is a relatively weak class, and extremely weak if junior backs don't bolt for the NFL.

I'd really like to see Denver address defensive tackle, safety and linebacker in the draft, as well as maybe making one big move in free agency, perhaps two if they can afford it.

You have Big MS from Pittsburgh on the market at tackle who will probably get a truck load of money, and Faneca too. Faneca is over 30 years old, and I wouldn't see him getting more than a couple year deal here anyways.

Secondly, Denver needs to get more draft picks if they want to build through the draft. Having two fourths, fifths and sevenths is nice, but you'll probably only find a good player or two through those six picks. We need to find another way to get back into Day One, whether it's trading away a player - or letting some team in desperate need of a corner to pry Foxworth off his RFA tag.

I'd enjoy addressing all of the needs through the draft, but that's not realistic. We'll have to take a guy or two elsewhere in FA right now because we just don't have the first-day picks to fix our hurt quick.

Great post Dream, I do agree, the Broncos have a lot of holes
especially on both lines.. they need to sign some FA to fill
in with the draft...

Skinny
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Right now DT. Seeing a Safety with some range back there would be comforting too.

O-line is also a concern of mine which i would prefer to upgrade through FA.

I'm not trying to think the worse about JWalkers situation.

dogfish
10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
1. DT
2. OLB (or grab a MIKE and move DJ back to WILL)
3. DT
4. OT
5. S
6. RB
7. OG
8. WR/RS