PDA

View Full Version : Royal to the redskins??

broncophan
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
:(.....looking for a link...hope this isn't true...

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
twitter is funny

Edmonton Bronco Fan
It's all over Twitter. This is disappointing.

I'm confident with Decker and DT but Royal showed me some things last season that I liked.

Northman
Could happen.

Tned
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Some are saying it isn't confirmed. It was his jersey I wore in the Pitt playoff win. Bummer if he goes, I was hoping we would resign him.

Northman
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Some are saying it isn't confirmed. It was his jersey I wore in the Pitt playoff win. Bummer if he goes, I was hoping we would resign him.

Same. He would flourish with Manning at the helm.

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I'd rather have dallas clarke

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Just confirmed

Northman
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Just confirmed

I know your not sad to see him go. lol

tubby
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Good. Guy is an average punt returner.

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Just confirmed

I know your not sad to see him go. lol

Like the kid...hate the player. Since day 1

BroncoStud
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
That sucks. Royal is an elite return man.

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
he wasnt even used last year, they might as well have traded him then and got a pick for him.

SR
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Royal is an elite return man.

Elite? Negative.

BroncoStud
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Royal is a very good returner. I don't know what you guys are smoking..

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Who was not returning as much as he should have, Willis did a lot at end of season.

Northman
03-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Royal is a very good returner. I don't know what you guys are smoking..

He has moments but i wouldnt say he is remotely close to Hester elite. But in Eddie's defense he has been shuffled around so much that its almost impossible for him to get any chemistry or consistent reps at any one spot. Either way, i wish him the best of luck as i really like him as a player and person.

Jsteve01
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
He has moments but i wouldnt say he is remotely close to Hester elite. But in Eddie's defense he has been shuffled around so much that its almost impossible for him to get any chemistry or consistent reps at any one spot. Either way, i wish him the best of luck as i really like him as a player and person.

great kid. kept a good attitude and Im happy for him there's no way 91 catches were a total fluke. Just needs stability and a coordinator that finds ways to use him

slim
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Not really a big loss.

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Warm body and always a tremendous disappointment after his first year.

Shanny knows how to use him though. Minimal loss.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
bout time he moved. next?

iLands
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Who will we replace him with?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Sucks at WR. Horribly UNDER-rated as a return man. All things being equal, he did worlds better than Willis and Cosby. Dunno why they just didn't leave him back there.

turftoad
03-13-2012, 06:55 PM
You guys are awfull hard on Royal. He caught 91 passes for 980 yards and five touchdowns as a rook in 2008. Then he had to deal with McDaniels (who didn't know how to use him). Then he had to deal with Tebows offense that threw the ball ten times a game.
He'll do fine under Shanny again. He is a good kid and a fine talent. I hate to see him go.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
You guys are awfull hard on Royal. He caught 91 passes for 980 yards and five touchdowns as a rook in 2008. Then he had to deal with McDaniels (who didn't know how to use him). Then he had to deal with Tebows offense that threw the ball ten times a game.
He'll do fine under Shanny again. He is a good kid and a fine talent. I hate to see him go.
stop.

He had 2009, 2010 and 2011 to show SOMETHING. He showed NOTHING. EVERYBODY thought he'd be perfect for McDaniels' system due to his Welker-like stature. When Eddie screws the poock, that's McDaniels' fault too? Sorry. McD was a douche, but not EVERYTHING was his fault. Don't make excuses for Eddie. He simply didn't perform.

BTW...you fail to mention his poor performance w/ Orton who tossed the rock to everyone and made Brandon Lloyd and other journeymen look good.

weazel
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I liked him too but not for 6 million a season

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM

Elite playing Madden 2012 when using Devin Hester as his guy on the tv

slim
03-13-2012, 08:04 PM

He is a nice guy and a good special teams player, but he is nothing special.

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Sucks at WR. Horribly UNDER-rated as a return man. All things being equal, he did worlds better than Willis and Cosby. Dunno why they just didn't leave him back there.

Whoa. Better than Cosby? Dude is a mother****ing player...

tomjonesrocks
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
He had 2009, 2010 and 2011 to show SOMETHING. He showed NOTHING

Pretty much. Looked promising initially, but shouldn't have been taken over DeShaun, and now he's gone. Not a big deal, average as they come. Draft someone or sign someone and move on.

dogfish
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
probably a bigger loss as a returner than as a receiver at this point. . .

but. . .

i sure hope we get that manning guy. . . if we don't, we're basically down to decker and DT for tebow to throw to, and we might (probably will) have a tough time finding anybody to significantly upgrade the receiving corps. . . the receivers are flying off the free agent board faster than anybody, and it was already a position where denver was gonna be a tough sell. . .

if we do get manning, i'm pretty much resigned to gimp-ass dallas clark coming along, since he's the only one of manning's targets left in FA (wonder why, huh?). . . which effectively gives us a slot receiver. . . and more importantly, manning's presence makes it relatively easy to nab whoever's left in the receiver market (maybe mario manningham, if PAY me decides tomorrow). . .

otherwise, our passing corps just degraded even further, and we'll probably get stuck overpaying someone who's no better than royal. . .

jhildebrand
03-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Matt Willis will probably stick around. Mark Dell and D'Andre Goodwin would be worth a looksee. Tebow did hit Eron Riley for that long bomb in the PS. I am not too worried about the WR corp if this team can still find a way to put up 190 per game average on the ground. We need a RB to spell McGahee.

Northman
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Im browsing NFL.Com and have not seen this confirmed. Does anyone have a link? I havent even seen it reported yet on NFL Network or locally.

weazel
03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Im browsing NFL.Com and have not seen this confirmed. Does anyone have a link? I havent even seen it reported yet on NFL Network or locally.

if hasn't been confirmed yet

DenBronx
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Nothing confirmed but Demaryius Thomas congratulated him on his new team on Twitter.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Reports of a deal between free-agent wide receiver Eddie Royal and former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan and Washington were premature.

The two sides continue to talk today, but two NFL sources said no deal had been signed as of early this evening in Washington. Negotiations on a deal broke down Tuesday evening when it previously had appeared as if a two-year, $12 million deal was in place.

The Redskins, who signed free- agent wide receivers Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan Tuesday, still are talking to Royal's representatives, but Royal seems to be listening to other offers now that the Redskins have signed two other receivers.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20173012/broncos-free-agent-eddie-royal-not-redskin-yet

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Wide receiver Eddie Royal did NOT sign with the Washington Redskins as we reported on Tuesday and is still making the free agent rounds. In fact, he’ll be taking a trip to the Broncos’ AFC West rival San Diego Chargers.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/03/31791/broncos-news/eddie-royal-will-visit-chargers/

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I hate the chargers

DenBronx
03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
He's not a spectacular WR by any means and 6 mill a year is just outrageous for his subpar play. His but should have been returning every kickoff and punt return then we would have seen his talent. But no, we had other guys returning kicks on his behalf....

Like Assassin said. He had 3 years after his rookie season to prove something and he didnt prove anything. I would rather us get a Mario Manningham...

dogfish
03-14-2012, 09:34 PM
okay, this is just salt in the wound. . .

Royal, still an unrestricted free agent, is currently being pursued by the Chargers. Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego is “told” the club feels good about its chances of signing him.

Royal would be the Chargers’ No. 4 receiver, behind Robert Meachem, Malcom Floyd, and impressive 2011 third-round pick Vincent Brown. Royal would likely also assume punt return duties in San Diego.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/chargers-in-hot-pursuit-of-free-agent-eddie-royal/

although it's not losing royal, it's just the fact the we now can't upgrade the position without spending a draft pick, and in fact might downgrade it if we don't decide to start talking to some guys pretty soon. . .

*shrugs*

dogfish
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Like Assassin said. He had 3 years after his rookie season to prove something and he didnt prove anything. I would rather us get a Mario Manningham...

no question. . .

how do you feel about braylon edwards or mike simms-walker?

:heh:

BeefStew25
03-14-2012, 09:59 PM
I think there is a team out there that will figure out how to use him. He is a good man, and I will always have a place in my heart for Eddie Royal.

Northman
03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
If he goes to SD he will flourish.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

WR Eddie Royal agreed to terms with the Chargers.

camdisco24
03-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

WR Eddie Royal agreed to terms with the Chargers.

Officially hate him... dang it Eddie!!! Going to the dark side....

karnage
03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Screw Royal Royally....he went to SD of his own volition....wasn't traded or screwed by the team....hope plays like garbage the rest of his career

madmanbryan
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Like rick ross said...'f*ck em..'
I liked him,but not enough
And signing in the division...low

camdisco24
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I would wish him good luck if he went to Washington... but come on... going to the Chargers??

Thanks for nothing Eddie, wish I could still like you, but you're evil now.

Krugan
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Shame his previous team didnt value him enough to bring him back.

Cant hate the guy for getting a job, it is afterall his career.

Good luck Eddie.

camdisco24
03-15-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't hate him for getting a job. I hate all Chargers, Raiders, and Chefs.

Chef Zambini
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Warm body and always a tremendous disappointment after his first year.

Shanny knows how to use him though. Minimal loss.shanny is a moron. CUTLER had to tell shanny to get royal into the line-up !
shanny always needs a wet nurse like kubiak and an exceptional QB like elway or steve young to make him look good. shanny couldnt draw up a new run play / formation if his wifes life counted on it !
pass junkie with a reputation built on the shoulders of others, see gibbs / kubiak / elway / TD for details !
whats his record in DC?
shanny is a genius like I am a power forward in the NBA ( i am 5' 3'' )

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
error

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Please change the title of the thread, while I puke in a bag thinking of our offense right now. :mad:

Dapper Dan
03-15-2012, 09:47 PM
shanny is a moron. CUTLER had to tell shanny to get royal into the line-up !
shanny always needs a wet nurse like kubiak and an exceptional QB like elway or steve young to make him look good. shanny couldnt draw up a new run play / formation if his wifes life counted on it !
pass junkie with a reputation built on the shoulders of others, see gibbs / kubiak / elway / TD for details !
whats his record in DC?

Does anyone understand this? I need an interpreter that understands 2nd grade literature. Actually, I think kids are finger-painting sentences better than this.

BroncoStud
03-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Zam is only 5'3"????

GEM
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Instead of starting a fire in my backyard and inviting the Arvada Police to my house again (my 15 year old decided to burn some leaves instead of raking and bagging them last summer) I went out with my dog and he used it for a chew toy. That freaking jersey is shredded now. :rockon: :D

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM

Cant hate the guy for getting a job, it is afterall his career.

Good luck Eddie.

:lol:

No shit.

I dont think Tebow is all that great but i wouldnt hate him for getting another gig from a team that wanted him.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM

He isn't valued enough to bring back. Dude is an average NFL WR. His attraction lies in the return game. Hopefully the front office has that covered.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM
shanny is a moron. CUTLER had to tell shanny to get royal into the line-up !
whats his record in DC?

I think one of the reasons Royal chose not to go to Wash is because Shanny got WR happy. They signed a lot of guys this offseason already and i think if Royal felt he was going to be a legit starter they wouldnt of tried so hard to get all these other guys. I could be wrong, but i think SD will have Royal as a starter at least as a #2.