PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed report that Manning has agreed to go to Broncos (IncarceratedBob is source)

Tned
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Incarcerated Bob on Twitter, who has broken some news, but not everyone considers reliable, claims Manning has agreed to go to Broncos.

RT @incarceratedbob: **BREAKING PEYTON MANNING NFL NEWS**Source: QB Peyton Manning will be taking his talents to #Denver deal with #Broncos #DONE #IBN #SoLong

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM
I've seen this on twitter as well...

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow. If true, very interesting year ahead.

WARHORSE
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Bobs incarcerated by the way........ lol

MOtorboat
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
We've been through this before with this guy.

Isn't he usually wrong?

Tned
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
During the free agency prior to the '11 season, he was right on quite a few things. Quite a few national media types were retweeting his "breaking news", including Scheffter, I believe, but others call him a crackpot and unreliable. Hence my disclaimer in subject.

Jsteve01
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
incarcerated bob is an egomaniac who happens to have some sources...i hope he's right

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
in other news, DeathRowBilly says that Mario Williams just signed with the Seattle Super Sonics!!

Jsteve01
We've been through this before with this guy.

Isn't he usually wrong?

he was pretty good last year. Called a few way early

Northman
Would be sweet if true.

Jsteve01
03-13-2012, 05:18 PM
weazel i meant to high five you and just blogged your post

Tned
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
he was pretty good last year. Called a few way early

Exactly. While his rep is bad, during the frenzied free agency period last year he was first to report on multiple deals.

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
weazel i meant to high five you and just blogged your post

lol nice, I dunno what that means though haha

underrated29
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
not yet it isnt....the flight that cancelled is back on for tonight to tennessee....

We are not in just yet.

weazel
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I cant wait until Mannings half hour show on ESPN to announce which team he chooses!!!!

Jsteve01
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
lol nice, I dunno what that means though haha

this new format...the blog this post button is next to high five lol

MOtorboat
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Florio didn't hold back on his thoughts on the subject.

RT @ProFootballTalk It's the first day of free agency, and @incarceratedbob already is in midseason "educated guess" mode. #nnamditothejets

Hope @incarceratedbob is right, but this just makes me even more nervous. His timeline is blocked, too, so can't see what else he's saying.

Jsteve01
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
florio hates bob for some reason. Schefter retweets him and for my money I'll take Scheff's assessment over florio any day of the week

topscribe
03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Interesting article on "Incarcerated Bob": http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

Northman
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Interesting article on "Incarcerated Bob": http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

So in other words Bob is no different than any other media guy speculating. lmao

I dont know anything about IB but for another person to dedicate an entire article in trashing the dude is pathetic. Who really gives a shit if he misses more than he hits? I can name many bigger names that are just as bad if not worse when it comes to speculating.

topscribe
03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
So in other words Bob is no different than any other media guy speculating. lmao

I dont know anything about IB but for another person to dedicate an entire article in trashing the dude is pathetic. Who really gives a shit if he misses more than he hits? I can name many bigger names that are just as bad if not worse when it comes to speculating.
Yup. Just produced the article because it coincides with the topic . . .

igoe4broncos
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Means nothing.

Lancane
03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I predict that before Denver signs Manning, we'll see this headline: Tebow traded to the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia acquires Tim Tebow for a 3rd and 4th round pick.

Okay, back to our regular scheduled program...

claymore
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I predict that before Denver signs Manning, we'll see this headline: Tebow traded to the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia acquires Tim Tebow for a 3rd and 4th round pick.

Thatstheway I see it too...

pipes
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Does anybody else find it "odd" that some negotiations are done so quickly and others drag on for weeks and months like Brees.
I mean, the Saints know Drew and he knows them...yet, nothing.
And then you have (example) Garçon who should be unfamiliar with Washington and poof...he has a contract.

sneakers
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Here is a confirmed report: I just pooped.

topscribe
03-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Here is a confirmed report: I just pooped.
Did you make it to the bathroom?

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Its about a reliable as a weather forecast :coffee:

Nomad
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Manning still dickin the dog.:ohwell:

WTE
03-13-2012, 08:49 PM
The Broncos are coming to NE next year. I hope you bring Peyton with you.

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM

I would rather Peyton than the 1950s T formation offense that i would rather bleach my eyes than watch Nebraska offense from the 70s or 80s again.

pipes
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM

Me too!! :salute:

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Me too!! :salute:

Does that mean you are coming to NE. If you are, you have to PM me and tell me when and I will try to go to that game, even If I have to pay through the nose to see it.

I know it will be a lot of $$ regardless of whether Peyton is with Denver or not. I just cant take 45-10 again.

pipes
03-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Does that mean you are coming to NE. If you are, you have to PM me and tell me when and I will try to go to that game, even If I have to pay through the nose to see it.

I know it will be a lot of $$ regardless of whether Peyton is with Denver or not. I just cant take 45-10 again.

I wish man but no, I meant I hope that the Broncos bring Peyton Manning with them when they go to New England this year. (and the rest of their games)

If and when I ever do muster up the time to get out there (really want to go to Boston) then I will for sure get a hold of you.

The closest I'm going to get to Boston, is I have to go to Baltimore in September for a couple of days for a work meeting.

dunk7
03-14-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm getting concerned that with all of the focus on Manning, the Broncs are missing out on some top end free agents. I was really hoping for Carl Nicks. Really like to see Bunkley resigned as well as adding Soliai. Finally Tank Tolbert would be icing on the cake. Perhaps some of the FA's are waiting to see where Manning goes before deciding what to do but I'm worried we are going to miss the boat with the focus squarely on #18.

claymore
03-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm getting concerned that with all of the focus on Manning, the Broncs are missing out on some top end free agents. I was really hoping for Carl Nicks. Really like to see Bunkley resigned as well as adding Soliai. Finally Tank Tolbert would be icing on the cake. Perhaps some of the FA's are waiting to see where Manning goes before deciding what to do but I'm worried we are going to miss the boat with the focus squarely on #18.As much as I want Manning I agree. At least we arent overpaying for someone not named manning!

Dzone
03-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Hope Manning signs with Tennessee. The dude is 36 and damaged. He has never had to play outside in the elements. Too big a risk

Northman
03-14-2012, 09:46 AM
As much as I want Manning I agree. At least we arent overpaying for someone not named manning!

Yet..... lol

Fullback32
03-14-2012, 09:48 AM

Why would Filthydumpia want Tebow?

Northman
03-14-2012, 09:49 AM
He has never had to play outside in the elements.

This is false.

I happen to recall him and Vanderjact coming to Denver and beating us in our own house in the snow.

CoachChaz
03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm getting concerned that with all of the focus on Manning, the Broncs are missing out on some top end free agents. I was really hoping for Carl Nicks. Really like to see Bunkley resigned as well as adding Soliai. Finally Tank Tolbert would be icing on the cake. Perhaps some of the FA's are waiting to see where Manning goes before deciding what to do but I'm worried we are going to miss the boat with the focus squarely on #18.

Dont expect us to pay Bunkley AND Soliai. They want one or the other. If we re-sign Bunk, the talks with Soliai will end.

We were never a contender for Nicks either and dont really think we wanted to be so I dont know that we're missing out on all that much right now. I wanted a CB and that market is disappearing, but other than that...I'm not exactly afraid of missing any boats so far

BroncoJoe
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM

My feeling exactly.

claymore
03-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Hope Manning signs with Tennessee. The dude is 36 and damaged. He has never had to play outside in the elements. Too big a risk

He cant be any worse than Tebow, and it isnt our money!

broken12
03-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Him and vandy beat us in a blizzard not just snow.....ugh i was there....i want manning!

Traveler
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Anyone else getting tired of this Manning can't make a decision BS? Too many areas that need to be addressed to be playing this waiting game. Is he going to take up that much cap space where they can't ink a few other FA's until he makes a decision?

Northman
03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Anyone else getting tired of this Manning can't make a decision BS? Too many areas that need to be addressed to be playing this waiting game. Is he going to take up that much cap space where they can't ink a few other FA's until he makes a decision?

I think Manning's plan is too at least make a decision by friday. I know the Cardinals have that deadline as they dont want to pay Kolb his extra money if Manning signs with them. Hot avy by the way Trav. \m/

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't think we would have picked up too many top tier FA's anyway. We will have better luck with Manning picking up some remaining pieces. Without him, I don't think they'll do much more than patching a few holes here and there.

SOCALORADO.
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
i have no freaking clue as to why folks say Manning cant play in the weather.
His numbers for indoor and outdoor are almost identical!
Unreal.

Northman
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Unreal.

Just weak arguements. While i understand not everyone is crazy about bringing in Manning (if we do) the element perspective is not the best way to state your case against it.

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Unreal.

Maybe it was those games against the Pats in crappy weather. He wasn't great in them. That is kind of an outlier though, they were pretty good teams those years.

BroncoJoe
03-14-2012, 11:16 AM

500+ home games for the Broncos since 1960. Average game time temperature?

Tned
03-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Considering they have something like $45 million in cap space, I don't think that's a factor. It's possible they don't want to spend cash on other players if they are going to spend a bundle on Manning. Personally, I think it's just more like last year where the Broncos don't want to overpay the early FA prices. That they will let things shake out for a few days or a week or so, and then start signing players.

weazel
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM
so this didnt happen, should we just merge it with one of the other 3 manning threads? maybe we should merge them all

TXBRONC
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM

The media is hyping it up but that doesn't meam EFX are sitting on their hands do absolutely nothing.

BroncoStud
03-14-2012, 04:47 PM
IncarceratedBob is full of shit. Throw enough of it against the wall something is sure to stick.

hotcarl
03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
The John Elway snub in reverse. Manning hates John Elway as much as Elway hated the colts. This ship has sailed, noobs. It's tebow time. And by that I mean, time to suck shit. Tia **** it

Medford Bronco
03-15-2012, 12:17 AM
He cant be any worse than Tebow, and it isnt our money!

I bet he can throw a better out pattern than Tebow.

LOL at the elements part. He is an NFL QB who is one of the best of all time. Its not like he played all his games at home in Indy. He won the Super Bowl in a driving rain storm vs Chicago in Jan 2007