PDA

View Full Version : Swap/Auction forum?

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
In the past the board has not allowed any type of merchandise sales, or ticket swaps etc. But there have been brief discussions about setting up a Swap/Auction area, but limiting it to posters who had met a minimum criteria of time here, or post count.

The issue has come up again, and maybe we should discuss it, and see how the board feels.

The argument against having such a thing is that it attracts people who are only looking to make a buck vs. trying to add to the conversation, which is the primary reason most of us are here.

On the other hand. If a long-time contributor needs help swapping some tickets or something Broncos related, isn't this the perfect place to find friends who might be interested?

Please give your input as to having an area like this, and also your thoughts on whether a minimum post count should be required, and at what level that would be at.

OB
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Go for the having to have a certain amount of TIME here - not necessarily post count - if you do it based on post count it will increase spam (well spam from noobs :D )

I think its a great idea - esp for ticket purposes (esp this year as many may be dumping them in protest to the McJaygate)

Im still going to any broncos game i can - dont care who is behind center - I love my broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

underrated29
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I like the idea of having it.

As long as its someone we all know, or have known for a while then its cool with me..

Like say- MUG for example- he is relatively new here, but we all know him from BM back in the day.

Someone like a jwalk or jakesbeard or someone we have never heard of, then its leary.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I think it should go in the tailgating section.

Rex
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I would like to trade NTL for J Walk.

tia

Day1BroncoFan
04-01-2009, 02:03 PM
I think it would be OK but only if the member had been here for a specified time. If you make it by post count it could get ugly.

Nomad
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I think it would be OK but only if the member had been here for a specified time. If you make it by post count it could get ugly.

True! But what if the poster only makes 2 posts and he/she meets the required time but doesn't really know anyone and is able to have access to the forum! First, you require the poster to have introduced himself/herself in the Introduction Forum (which I have to do myself). Secondly, make it a 1 to 3 month probationary period being judged off the required amount of posts needed to qualify and then Thirdly, have a group (sortof like the politics forum) approve them as trustworthy!

KCL
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I would like to trade NTL for J Walk.

tia

I think NTL would need to unban him first.

Day1BroncoFan
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
True! But what if the poster only makes 2 posts and he/she meets the required time but doesn't really know anyone and is able to have access to the forum! First, you require the poster to have introduced himself/herself in the Introduction Forum (which I have to do myself). Secondly, make it a 1 to 3 month probationary period being judged off the required amount of posts needed to qualify and then Thirdly, have a group (sortof like the politics forum) approve them as trustworthy!

I think if you make the time 6 months that would pretty much eliminate most that would want to come for the quick sale. Adding a minimum post count of200 would stop someone from coming back in 6 months to sell something else 6 months later.

I think a seperate opt-in forum may or may not work but in that case whats the use?

You could have a poll on a particular user to waiver those requirements according to the results for those that come in later that everyone knows but they have few posts and short time.

frauschieze
04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't want to see a bunch of merchandise sales here, to be honest. One of a kind items are different, but if someone has a giant lot of Broncos t-shirts, they should head to eBay.

I guess I really don't want a swap/auction forum at all. I think in special circumstances (like MtnMan wanting to sell his season tickets), exceptions can be made by the admin. I don't want people here who are only interested in making a buck off of me and my community.

Nomad
04-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I think if you make the time 6 months that would pretty much eliminate most that would want to come for the quick sale. Adding a minimum post count of200 would stop someone from coming back in 6 months to sell something else 6 months later.

I think a seperate opt-in forum may or may not work but in that case whats the use?

You could have a poll on a particular user to waiver those requirements according to the results for those that come in later that everyone knows but they have few posts and short time.

The more ideas thrown out there, the better options you have to choose from! You could make it 6 months/12 months and a 1000 post count, it would be up to the community to deem someone trusthworthy.

Firstly, introducing yourself is a big thing and I surprised that this site doesn't make it mandatory to do it before posting like some various forums do. And having a group decide, they are trusthworthy would be another factor. I'm not a swapper or seller, just throwing ideas out there!:D

FanInAZ
04-01-2009, 07:14 PM
I'd propose that they need to be a member who have logged in regularly for at least 1 year. I know "regularly" is a relative term so it would be up to the moderators to make that decision. It would probable be better if they show lenience in their judgement.

shank
04-02-2009, 12:35 PM
I think there should be some loose time/post minimums, but there could also be mod and/or community discretion. if people feel like a post is spam, or the user hasn't earned the privilege to 'advertise' then the threads can be reported and dealt with.

if it's just a post count minimum, then west could have been selling roofies to forum members 10 minutes after signing up!

Timmy!
04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm for it, but only with restrictions, such as a post/membership length retirement. I don't want it to be for people just looking to make a buck. More like for long time members/solid contributors to trade/sell items/tickets they no longer want (or need to get rid of because of financial things) and want them to go to somebody who will enjoy them, ie, another Bronco fan.

Broncospsycho77
04-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Jay Cutler jersey on sale.

PM for details.

tia

dogfish
04-03-2009, 10:59 PM
hell no, absolutely not! i have no problem with people selling their tickets, but otherwise no. . . . i'm with cheese, take that shit to ebay. . .

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Should the Board allow for a Sales/Swap/Auction area for tickets and/or Broncos Gear/Merchandise

Can I swap a 42 y/o woman for two 21 year old women?

Broncos Mtnman
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I voted yes with a post count requirement.

However, I would also suggest something like what the Freak does. When I posted my tickets over there, it wasn't posted until after it was reviewed by the mods.

So, I'd say require a post count and set it up where it must be approved by a mod before it is posted.

:2thumbs:

Tned
04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I voted yes with a post count requirement.

However, I would also suggest something like what the Freak does. When I posted my tickets over there, it wasn't posted until after it was reviewed by the mods.

So, I'd say require a post count and set it up where it must be approved by a mod before it is posted.

:2thumbs:

That's a good idea.

dogfish
04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
i think allowing sales of anything besides tickets is tantamount to putting up a giant "spammers come here!" sign-- JMO. . . .