PDA

View Full Version : Reported free agent targets

dogfish
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
just saw albert breer on NFL total access, and he confirmed the PFT report from earlier that we've contacted DT paul solaia. . .

:defense::defense:

dogfish
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
he also said we're still working to re-sign bunkley. . .

*crosses fingers that maybe DT will be prioritized a little more with del rio around*

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Ohhhhhh, big fatty. Me likey.

Let's get some interior pass rush as well. Watch out bitches!!!

dogfish
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Ohhhhhh, big fatty. Me likey.

Let's get some interior pass rush as well. Watch out bitches!!!

jason jones, bunk and solaia?

if they want vets, that's a rotation i could work with. . .

:D

broncofaninfla
03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Fingers crossed on this one....

slim
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Shefter said that Brandon Merriweather is coming for a visit.

Ziggy
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm pumped about the prospect of bringing Paul Soliai in here. I doubt they sign both him and Bunk. I think that both of them are going to want starters money and they both play the same position. I'll take Solai over Bunk, but be happy with either as our starter.

Jsteve01
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Bunk will be a better value but I wanted Soliai coming out of Utah. Here's the rub on Paul. He's freaking huge and I don't know how many more years he plays at this level whereas Bunk is just a solid mound of man.

dogfish
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Free agent safety Brandon Meriweather visited the Denver Broncos on Tuesday night, but it appears he’ll be leaving the Mile High City without a deal in place.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Meriweather has now made plans to visit the Washington Redskins. Meriweather’s Redskins visit will take place on Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/brandon-meriweather-will-visit-redskins-on-wednesday/

underrated29
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
did you see though that we are only going after soliai if we cant lock down bunkley? Sucks. I want both!

You might be right after all dogfish. The more and more we play out FA, the more and more I think we go CB in rnd 1...I was sure it was DT just a week ago.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 12:58 AM
did you see though that we are only going after soliai if we cant lock down bunkley? Sucks. I want both!

You might be right after all dogfish. The more and more we play out FA, the more and more I think we go CB in rnd 1...I was sure it was DT just a week ago.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
so upsetting broncosforums obviously wanted my post to show up twice

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
FS Brown visiting Broncos

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17793828

slim
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Anyone know anything about Mike Adams (insert joke about former NBA player with the same name here)?

GEM
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Hey everyone...did you hear...we're interested in Peyton Manning. And that is all we're interested in apparently. :coffee:

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Anyone know anything about Mike Adams (insert joke about former NBA player with the same name here)?

he is 31 played with Browns and 49ers. 3 int last season.

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone...did you hear...we're interested in Peyton Manning. And that is all we're interested in apparently. :coffee:

hello pig tails ;)

weazel
03-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Well there goes B Carr... guess we dont need safety help, all we need is to wait for a QB that probably wont sign

dogfish
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
we're a couple signings away from it being completely manning or bust. . . there are still some players out there that would be legit upgrades, but the market is getting very thin very quickly. . . if we don't move quickly, we're going to be sitting here dumpster diving with forty or fifty million in cap space. . . and clearly, we ain't movin' quickly. . .

at this point, they may as well just give manning a blank check-- there aren't going to be any free agents worth getting by the time he makes up his mind. . .

Northman
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Chiefs talking with Hillis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827978d4/article/report-rb-peyton-hillis-set-to-meet-with-chiefs

slim
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
There are plenty of FA still left.

Northman
Apparently Brandon Lloyd wants out of St. Louis and to go to New England. And according to this article Lloyd is quite a bit about himself as i eluded too when he wanted out of Denver because Tebow was taking over. From the article.

"I know you've heard he was good in the building, but he wasn't necessarily an angel in the building," a Broncos source told the Globe. "He wasn't a good teammate. During games, he was asking the stat person to see how many catches and yards he had at that point in the game when (Kyle) Orton was starting."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278ab66/article/could-bad-word-of-mouth-sink-brandon-lloyd-to-pats

dogfish
Chiefs talking with Hillis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827978d4/article/report-rb-peyton-hillis-set-to-meet-with-chiefs

running back and linebacker are the two positions where we could still make some hay-- and you know damn well they're going to start getting picked over this afternoon and evening. . .

hillis, tolbert, BJGE, mike bush, leron mcclain-- and connor and curtis lofton. . . half of them have already made or at least lined up visits, and the rest will be soon. . .

dogfish
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Apparently Brandon Lloyd wants out of St. Louis and to go to New England. And according to this article Lloyd is quite a bit about himself as i eluded too when he wanted out of Denver because Tebow was taking over. From the article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278ab66/article/could-bad-word-of-mouth-sink-brandon-lloyd-to-pats

i won't be surprised if he's out of luck. . . i think the pansies are layin' in the weeds to sign mike wallace to a monster offer sheet. . .

slim
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
running back and linebacker are the two positions where we could still make some hay-- and you know damn well they're going to start getting picked over this afternoon and evening. . .

hillis, tolbert, BJGE, mike bush, leron mcclain-- and connor and curtis lofton. . . half of them have already made or at least lined up visits, and the rest will be soon. . .

That's the spirit!

Don't forget that Paul Soliai is coming to Denver.

Northman
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM

Out of that list i would take Connor or Lofton first. Hillis i would take back but only if he wanted to be the primary FB.

dogfish
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM
nothing official, but some reports are beginning to filter out on twitter that soliai is about to re-sign with the fins. . .

slim
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, that effing sucks.

TXBRONC
03-14-2012, 04:40 PM

If Llyod goes to the Patriots I wonder how long it will take for him to start throwing a fit when he see ball only three times a game and Welker is gobbling up double digit catches game in and game out?

CoachChaz
03-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Soliai is an A gap tackle and nothing more. If we dont get him, its not a loss.

Denver not doing a lot in FA, but thats not necessarily a bad thiing