PDA

View Full Version : Spano: Manning will be a Bronco by the end of the week.

BroncoAV06
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Just had Spano on our show here in Albuquerque, said the Manning will be a Bronco by the end of the week.

Said the Dolphin visit was bad, meet with Philbin in Indy, did not feel Miami was organized.

In Arizona Bidwell showed up two hours late, Manning felt it was a dog and pony show not impressed.

Meeting with the Titans since his father played with Muncheck back in the 80's.

In Denver Bowlen, Elway and Fox meet Manning at the Air Port, went over to Dove Valley and Peyton watched flim with Elway, very impressed.

Spano said he was respecting Manning and his visit to the Titans or he would already be breaking the story.

Broncos have the cap space, visit went well, looks to be going down!

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 11:01 AM
interesting

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought Elway and Xanders got on the plane with him at Stillwater, OK after watching the OK St. pro day? This seems trivial, but makes you wonder.

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
I love how having the name Bidwell makes you screw up without even trying.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I thought Elway and Xanders got on the plane with him at Stillwater, OK after watching the OK St. pro day? This seems trivial, but makes you wonder.

Makes you think nobody really knows what's going on, including Spano.

It's been noted that vitrually everyone else around the NFL, and outside the organization are not real sure where Manning will end up. I think this is the typical local media blowing smoke to generate buzz on a big story.

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Here's all we need to know.

Either he will sign with us...or he wont. We will all know who is the front runner when he signs somewhere.

Anything beyond that is useless drivel concocted by self proclaimed "insiders' so they can get their name used in the media that day.

wayninja
03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I know who manning is going to sign with, I'm just trying to be respectful of the process.

turftoad
03-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Here's all we need to know.

Either he will sign with us...or he wont. We will all know who is the front runner when he signs somewhere.

Anything beyond that is useless drivel concocted by self proclaimed "insiders' so they can get their name used in the media that day.

If Manning doesn't sign with us, It'll be interesting who's targeted next. It will be someone.

MOtorboat
03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Spano has taken to twitter the last half hour too:

"You should be stoked" In response to a fan.

Rhetorically asking "Have they started Peyton Manning Broncos jerseys yet?"

NightTrainLayne
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM

I didn't hear the show, but maybe he said or meant Bowlen met them at the airport. I'm sure that Spano is aware that Elway/Xanders met up with him at Stillwater since everyeone else knows. But I don't think Bowlen was in Stillwater. . .. He's an OU alumn. :D

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
If Manning doesn't sign with us, It'll be interesting who's targeted next. It will be someone.

I agree. Then again, it will be interesting who they target even if Manning is signed. :ponder:

BroncoAV06
03-13-2012, 11:22 AM
That was just a quick recap, I'll go back and listen and get the quotes from the interview.

Just passing along what was said this morning, since its been a while since we had any Peyton news.....

@BrandonSpano
Let's put it this way. If Manning was done with his meetings and we had no chance of disrespecting anybody, I'd be writing a story right now

slim
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I love how having the name Bidwell makes you screw up without even trying.

I'm still trying to figure out how the actually got a new stadium.

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 11:28 AM

Colleges, Super Bowls and retiree voters

wayninja
03-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I routinely continue to go on job interviews after I take the first offer. It's just nice to feel wanted.

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 11:29 AM
So how does Spano get the inside scoop that no one else has? I smell BS

Cugel
03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
It would be nice to believe this but remember when Steve Young was "certain to sign with Denver?"

He scheduled a visit to Denver and spent time with Mike Shanahan. The 49ers GM actually was angry, accusing the Broncos of tampering and saying that Young would finish his career with Denver. All the media reports had him signing by the next day.

And it turned out that Steve was just seeking advice about retirement, which Shanahan urged him to do. There was never any consideration of his coming to Denver.

Media reports that Manning are about to come here are interesting, but nothing more than that . . . . until he ACTUALLY SIGNS.

THEN we can all get excited about Denver's inevitable rise to SB contender! :beer:

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Titans are already looking to be getting pieces around Manning. Extra push or inside information.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7680076/tennessee-titans-target-steve-hutchinson-push-peyton-manning-builds

jhildebrand
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
It is all about clicks and visits to the blogs and webpages.

Remember when Mort reported Shanahan to the chiefs any moment.

BroncoAV06
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I agree that anything could happen and until he signs we won't know, but what would Spano get out of coming on the radio in Albuquerque and saying Manning will be a Bronco by the end of the week?

slim
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

If PM actually signs with Denver, he will say he knew the whole time (and will never let anyone forget). If he doesn't sign, people will forget what he said and he certainly won't remind anyone.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
It would be nice to believe this but remember when Steve Young was "certain to sign with Denver?"

He scheduled a visit to Denver and spent time with Mike Shanahan. The 49ers GM actually was angry, accusing the Broncos of tampering and saying that Young would finish his career with Denver. All the media reports had him signing by the next day.

And it turned out that Steve was just seeking advice about retirement, which Shanahan urged him to do. There was never any consideration of his coming to Denver.

Media reports that Manning are about to come here are interesting, but nothing more than that . . . . until he ACTUALLY SIGNS.

THEN we can all get excited about Denver's inevitable rise to SB contender! :beer:

I don't remember it that way. I remember Shanahan pursuing Young but Young decided to retire instead.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

If PM actually signs with Denver, he will say he knew the whole time (and will never let anyone forget). If he doesn't sign, people will forget what he said and he certainly won't remind anyone.

If I throw my crap against the wall like a monkey, it will stick.

wayninja
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I agree that anything could happen and until he signs we won't know, but what would Spano get out of coming on the radio in Albuquerque and saying Manning will be a Bronco by the end of the week?

Ratings? Buzz? Media attention? People like us using his name?

BroncoAV06
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Say his name three times and he pops up behind you.

Lancane
03-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I would agree, but NFLN is already reporting that Denver is in contract talks with Tom Condon, Manning's Agent. So either they are likewise jumping the gun or the Broncos are closer then some think. It's rather interesting because EFX will have to make a move after the whole Manning affair, no matter the decision he makes. Will they target Matt Flynn or will they secure some other positions and go after a quarterback early in the draft?

DenBronx
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Vic Lombardi almost leaked it as well.

I think they know something.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
I would agree, but NFLN is already reporting that Denver is in contract talks with Tom Condon, Manning's Agent. So either they are likewise jumping the gun or the Broncos are closer then some think. It's rather interesting because EFX will have to make a move after the whole Manning affair, no matter the decision he makes. Will they target Matt Flynn or will they secure some other positions and go after a quarterback early in the draft?

I can't see Denver pursuing Matt Flynn. He's as much if not more of an enigma than Tebow imo.

CoachChaz
03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Titans are already looking to be getting pieces around Manning. Extra push or inside information.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7680076/tennessee-titans-target-steve-hutchinson-push-peyton-manning-builds

Huthinson is old and beat up. If that's the type of talent PM requires around him, then any of the other teams can have him

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Huthinson is old and beat up. If that's the type of talent PM requires around him, then any of the other teams can have him

Former pro bowler. He was cut to save cap space. does not mean his production is down that much.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 11:59 AM

I honestly hope we don't target Matt Flynn. I'm so tired of teams/fans jumping on a guy because he played one single game.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:02 PM

I read yesterday that several teams were already negotiating contracts. Also that Manning would work out for the "winner" after.

Lancane
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I honestly hope we don't target Matt Flynn. I'm so tired of teams/fans jumping on a guy because he played one single game.

I would tend to agree, however...Denver is in a precarious position. I'd be no more surprised if they targeted Ryan Tannehill in the draft at this point, because despite what the Tebow faithful want to believe, adding Manning wasn't about competition, it was about replacing him with someone unarguably better and making such a move that much easier - at least that is my belief. Signing Flynn would mean competition at the position more then likely, whereas Tannehill would signal much of what signing Manning would, and therein drafting someone like Cousins or Osweiler would be equal to the move of signing Flynn.

So it will be interesting to see what route the Broncos do go now, depending on what happens. That said, I do believe the damage between Tim Tebow and the Broncos' Brass is done and likely irreparable. They came out saying all the right things, supporting Tebow and made a move that doesn't support that praise, he'll be leery of them no matter what they say...that's my take on it.

Lancane
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I read yesterday that several teams were already negotiating contracts. Also that Manning would work out for the "winner" after.

I heard no such thing, but it makes sense...would explain why the Cardinals cut one of their starting offensive lineman and why a few other teams are sputtering to make room. I'm just glad Denver isn't in that same said position, being forced to cut people and not look into free agency openly because fiscal worries - gives me some hope.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I heard no such thing, but it makes sense...would explain why the Cardinals cut one of their starting offensive lineman and why a few other teams are sputtering to make room. I'm just glad Denver isn't in that same said position, being forced to cut people and not look into free agency openly because fiscal worries - gives me some hope.

I just hope there is left over money for a CB, S, DT (bunkley).

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Correct - the plane picked Manning up in Florida, then flew to Oklahoma to pick up Elway, Fox, Xanders. Bowlen flew in from Hawaii.

Also, I can not imagine Manning stating anything negative about either Miami or Arizona.

LordTrychon
03-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Stokely says they headed down to the park and Manning throw about 50 routes to him for the brass.

But yes, several teams have supposedly started minor negotiations.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Stokely says they headed down to the park and Manning throw about 50 routes to him for the brass.

But yes, several teams have supposedly started minor negotiations.

No Brass were at the park, it was just him and stokley.

TimHippo
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
So it will be interesting to see what route the Broncos do go now, depending on what happens. That said, I do believe the damage between Tim Tebow and the Broncos' Brass is done and likely irreparable. They came out saying all the right things, supporting Tebow and made a move that doesn't support that praise, he'll be leery of them no matter what they say...that's my take on it.

Yup. Whether Manning is signed or not Tebow is gone from Denver now.

They've basically said that they think that they can't win a Super Bowl or get to the Super Bowl with Tebow and that they think that the limit is winning the division and wining one playoff game vs the Steelers with Teboow.

Lancane
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I just hope there is left over money for a CB, S, DT (bunkley).

We should, though it's being reported that Denver has 40 million in cap space, truth of the matter is it's more like 57 million, that's why they want to settle most of the signing bonuses and crap to get such fiscal responsibilities out of the way. Denver is supposedly in contract talks with Bunkley (and more then likely he's getting a long-term deal) and that's the hold up. But Denver should be able to add at those positions, and I look for Goodman to be cut to save cap space if they do sign a cornerback, it makes the most sense. So we'll see, but I do hope you're right. If Manning is going to levy most of the teams cap space, I'd rather they drafted Tannehill to be honest.

TimHippo
03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Just had Spano on our show here in Albuquerque, said the Manning will be a Bronco by the end of the week.

Said the Dolphin visit was bad, meet with Philbin in Indy, did not feel Miami was organized.

In Arizona Bidwell showed up two hours late, Manning felt it was a dog and pony show not impressed.

Meeting with the Titans since his father played with Muncheck back in the 80's.

In Denver Bowlen, Elway and Fox meet Manning at the Air Port, went over to Dove Valley and Peyton watched flim with Elway, very impressed.

Spano said he was respecting Manning and his visit to the Titans or he would already be breaking the story.

Broncos have the cap space, visit went well, looks to be going down!

Seems like a lot of spin control and desperation on the part of the reporters. If it's a done deal, and Manning was guaranteed to come here, he already would have signed or at least announced before FA period so other FA's could come here.

"95 percent sure that Manning will be a Bronco"
"Manning will be a Bronco by the end of the week"
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
We should, though it's being reported that Denver has 40 million in cap space, truth of the matter is it's more like 57 million, that's why they want to settle most of the signing bonuses and crap to get such fiscal responsibilities out of the way. Denver is supposedly in contract talks with Bunkley (and more then likely he's getting a long-term deal) and that's the hold up. But Denver should be able to add at those positions, and I look for Goodman to be cut to save cap space if they do sign a cornerback, it makes the most sense. So we'll see, but I do hope you're right. If Manning is going to levy most of the teams cap space, I'd rather they drafted Tannehill to be honest.

Tebow is getting paid under 1 mill this season. I want him to stay. I want to see if he can improve as a young QB. I think this first real off season will improve him. But he also knows the team, offense and could learn a lot from Manning. I think they are idiots to take Tannehill. They have so many holes to draft a QB in the first, even more so for getting Manning. If you have Manning you want to take a project QB to groom behind him. Someone who has an incredibly high ceiling since they are going to sit for a couple seasons.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
I would tend to agree, however...Denver is in a precarious position. I'd be no more surprised if they targeted Ryan Tannehill in the draft at this point, because despite what the Tebow faithful want to believe, adding Manning wasn't about competition, it was about replacing him with someone unarguably better and making such a move that much easier - at least that is my belief. Signing Flynn would mean competition at the position more then likely, whereas Tannehill would signal much of what signing Manning would, and therein drafting someone like Cousins or Osweiler would be equal to the move of signing Flynn.

I don't know if says anything whatsoever about Tebow. I think more than anything it's about Manning and the here and the now. An opportunity to pick a quarterback of Manning's caliber and achievements is rare. It could very easily mean they want Tebow to sit back learn from a true franchise quarterback rather than a journeyman who was only interested in padding his stats. The draft will probably more telling. If they quarterback fairly early probably says Tebow's future. It's possible that is irreparable damagae but far worse situations where players have been able to smooth make things workable.

vandammage13
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't know if says anything whatsoever about Tebow. I think more than anything it's about Manning and the here and the now. An opportunity to pick a quarterback of Manning's caliber and achievements is rare. It could very easily mean they want Tebow to sit back learn from a true franchise quarterback rather than a journeyman who was only interested in padding his stats. The draft will probably more telling. If they quarterback fairly early probably says Tebow's future. It's possible that is irreparable damagae but far worse situations where players have been able to smooth make things workable.

If we get Manning, I think Tebow will be gone before the draft (or at least traded on draft day for a pick)...I'm not for getting rid of Tebow but I guess it could work out if we make the pick count.

TT15Superman
03-13-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't know if says anything whatsoever about Tebow. I think more than anything it's about Manning and the here and the now. An opportunity to pick a quarterback of Manning's caliber and achievements is rare. It could very easily mean they want Tebow to sit back learn from a true franchise quarterback rather than a journeyman who was only interested in padding his stats. The draft will probably more telling. If they quarterback fairly early probably says Tebow's future. It's possible that is irreparable damagae but far worse situations where players have been able to smooth make things workable.It all depends what was told to Tebow and his camp. Rumors of his camp being pissed are unconfirmed. Even if all this unfolded, I would think that any "camp" would know that this is a business first; feelings come second. Peyton got the shaft first by the Colts.

Bowlen is a class act. Hell, he tried to call Cutler only to be dissed. I would imagine that Bowlen or Elway contacted TT before all this unfolded. That would be the respectable thing to do like cutting Orton and trading Lloyd. My hope is that all the rumors are untrue, and the plan is to keep TT and groom him to get better. I don't think that Tebowmaniacs will slam PM like they did Orton; a lot of that was on Orton - his demeanor and sloppy play.

I guess we will all know one day. TT's sure to have a second autobiography done of his NFL days.

weazel
03-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Yup. Whether Manning is signed or not Tebow is gone from Denver now.

They've basically said that they think that they can't win a Super Bowl or get to the Super Bowl with Tebow and that they think that the limit is winning the division and wining one playoff game vs the Steelers with Teboow.

lol why so dramatic? if you have a chance at possibly the best QB ever, you go for it. Tebow knows this and I cant see him getting as butt hurt as his fans obviously are.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
If we get Manning, I think Tebow will be gone before the draft (or at least traded on draft day for a pick)...I'm not for getting rid of Tebow but I guess it could work out if we make the pick count.

Ok but I seriously doubt it. First, his contract is managable. Second, I would be shock if Tebow became a problem in the locker room. Third, I have bad feeling that any offer would be no more than a 5th rounder and that imo would be an insult.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I just don't want the Manning thing to drag out too long. Hopefully, Peyton will understand the situation with FA starting here in just over an hour and that there are more FAs out there than just him. Teams need to strike when the iron is hot, particularly the Broncos who if he comes here have enough cap space to really get him some weapons and help his defense provided we don't wait too long.

topscribe
03-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, didn't they meet him at the airport in Stillwater? Maybe that's what he meant?

TT15Superman
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Ok but I seriously doubt it. First, his contract is managable. Second, I would be shock if Tebow became a problem in the locker room. Third, I have bad feeling that any offer would be no more than a 5th rounder and that imo would be an insult.But then again that depends on what Manning's demands are as well. Somehow, I cannot see him demanding that TT gets moved. (1) a sign of insecurity, (2) similar agents, and (3) looking like the goat.

But that could be a promise offered by EFX if they at all felt that that was an issue with PM.

Nevertheless, PM is in a position of negotiating strength by saying the Denver and AZ are his top picks if he wants to be elsewhere, so no one really knows until the deed(s) are done. PM here, TT elsewhere, etc. etc. etc.

Northman
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Still just a rumor. Ill wait for the final verdict before jizzing myself.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
But then again that depends on what Manning's demands are as well. Somehow, I cannot see him demanding that TT gets moved. (1) a sign of insecurity, (2) similar agents, and (3) looking like the goat.

But that could be a promise offered by EFX if they at all felt that that was an issue with PM.

Nevertheless, PM is in a position of negotiating strength by saying the Denver and AZ are his top picks if he wants to be elsewhere, so no one really knows until the deed(s) are done. PM here, TT elsewhere, etc. etc. etc.

Since you are Tebow fan first and foremost I'm going to guess you meant that you can see Manning demanding that Tebow get traded? So a guy whose had a Hall of Fame career and has actually won a Super Bowl is going to be insecure about having Tebow around? Seriously that's laughable.

Northman
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
The only way is see Tebow getting moved is if he WANTS to get moved.

catfish
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
The only way is see Tebow getting moved is if he WANTS to get moved.

agreed, I think it was even reported early that Manning does not want to be seen as the one who ran Tebow out of town. I would geuss there is a mutual respect. My bet would be Denver puts out feelers for a trade to see what they could get for him, but the price will be too low. They would, IMO, be better off sitting him rather than trading him for a 4th and then using a 2nd to get a backup

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Well, didn't they meet him at the airport in Stillwater? Maybe that's what he meant?

Yea, but Bowlen wasn't there in Stillwater. Like I said, it could just be symantics, but it seemed a little odd.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
From some of what Bowlen said, he is behind Tebow last season. Sounded like he wanted to keep Tebow as a bronco. With manning that could change or he might still want to keep him around.

catfish
03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
From some of what Bowlen said, he is behind Tebow last season. Sounded like he wanted to keep Tebow as a bronco. With manning that could change or he might still want to keep him around.

Gut feeling is it will all depend on Tebows reaction, I am sure he is going to be pissed, I would be too, but if he is mad/understanding it is one thing, mad/whiny little bitch is good for a ticket out of town

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Gut feeling is it will all depend on Tebows reaction, I am sure he is going to be pissed, I would be too, but if he is mad/understanding it is one thing, mad/whiny little bitch is good for a ticket out of town

I dont see Tebow pissed. I see him disappointed.

MOtorboat
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
RT @BrandonSpano Have you ever known something really, really big, but you couldn't say it. Thats how I feel right now Broncos fans. ;-)

RT @BrandonSpano Get your popcorn ready!

Hinting at Reggie Wayne? Jeff Saturday? or Dallas Clark in FA?

GEM
03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I'll get excited about Manning signing with Denver, when he actually signs with Denver. Until then...I hate it because we always get that talk and then get let down. Not buying it this time. (Reverse psychology right there folks) Do the exact opposite of what I normally do and this time it will be true. :D

topscribe
agreed, I think it was even reported early that Manning does not want to be seen as the one who ran Tebow out of town. I would geuss there is a mutual respect. My bet would be Denver puts out feelers for a trade to see what they could get for him, but the price will be too low. They would, IMO, be better off sitting him rather than trading him for a 4th and then using a 2nd to get a backup
A 2nd might get a backup who may otherwise be able to start. Perhaps not a bad plan . . .

catfish
I dont see Tebow pissed. I see him disappointed.

basically the same thing, just different wording. He wouldn't be a competitor if he didn't think he could play the position. I don't really care if he is pised or dissapointed, he needs to understand it is part of the game and continue to work to improve himself

GEM
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
T minus 6 minutes until the NFL is the biggest sports news again.....LOVE IT!!! :D

catfish
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
A 2nd might get a backup who may otherwise be able to start. Perhaps not a bad plan . . .

A 2nd rounder could be used to fill a hole with an immediate need, not to take a QB who you might possibly need eventually. Tebow could start in a pinch. You can't go all in on Manning and use your picks on a guy to replace Tebow. If you sign Manning to a 3 year deal you have to assume he will be healthy all three year, if he is showing signs of trouble get a guy next year. You are talking about trading an unknown qty in Tebow, for an unknown qty in QB X basically trading down to a 4th pick

GEM
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
If your window on Manning is 3 years, that is supposed to be the learning curve on a QB not taken in the 1st round. It's damn well what should have happened with Tebow, had Orton not had such a bad start of the year. First couple rounds, DT, LB, DEFENSE...later rounds QB for grooming.

topscribe
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
A 2nd rounder could be used to fill a hole with an immediate need, not to take a QB who you might possibly need eventually. Tebow could start in a pinch. You can't go all in on Manning and use your picks on a guy to replace Tebow. If you sign Manning to a 3 year deal you have to assume he will be healthy all three year, if he is showing signs of trouble get a guy next year. You are talking about trading an unknown qty in Tebow, for an unknown qty in QB X basically trading down to a 4th pick
Well, I'm easy. :D

This is true, though. If the Broncos land Manning, there is 80% of the offense right there. with a couple good RB prospects in FA.

In that case, use the draft primarily for defense, IMO . . .

*How's that for waffling?*

catfish
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
If your window on Manning is 3 years, that is supposed to be the learning curve on a QB not taken in the 1st round. It's damn well what should have happened with Tebow, had Orton not had such a bad start of the year. First couple rounds, DT, LB, DEFENSE...later rounds QB for grooming.

I could buy that, depends if they find a good project in the later rounds. I could also see them taking an early rounder that needed less work before Peytons last season to groom for a year after they have had presumably 2 drafts to fill other positions of need

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM

Like several other teams involved in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, the Broncos have been in discussions today with agent Tom Condon.

Talks are no more than preliminary, though, because Manning has not yet decided where he will finish his career and wants to take today to rest, work out and clear his mind, according to two NFL sources.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20156608/broncos-among-teams-talking-contract-peyton-manning

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
How come I feel like Manning is not coming here and we are stuck with the 1950 offense from last year.

I would rather stick I pin in my eye than ever having to watch an option again in the NFL. It burns my eyes to think
of the embarassment in NE. I puke thinking about it.

I am sorry, I dont buy Tebow,. He is a Nice person and I admire his guts and the person he is. However as a QB he is
below average and is not going to help us ever. Yes ready to get killed by the Teboites but i dont really care.

I want a real NFL QB. I am still poed about the Cutler mess that led us to this. Now him and Marshall on Chicago. How ironic. I think
they do well next year and we run opt puke offense. Great

sorry very very pessamistic. I hope that I am wrong and will be so happy if Manning comes here, even for some false hope

Why Manning should come here is the AFC West is so freaking weak. Why go to Miami and be in the East where at his best he is a WC team.
and if going to the Titans, same thing most likely. Here, we should win the division as long as SD pukes on themselves as they have recently. Oak
and KC dont scare me at all. Just my long winded feeling. Ready to get killed. oh well..............

Krugan
03-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Guess the guy that was here cant start an NFL game.

I cant believe how badly the fans of this team bash its players, seems as a whole we did more last year with less then ever possible.

My gut tells me Manning comes here, we discover he isnt what he was or he cant go a complete season, and we are back to sqaure one with nothing better than what we had.

And im not a Tebow fan, im just sick of the bashing that goes on here. How can you all enjoy the game, if you are overly unhappy all the time about the people playing it?

Baffled

Dzone
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
University of Phoenix is a sham college designed to get students approved for huge government student loan checks which they sign over to the school. I feel bad for people who enroll in that school.

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Guess the guy that was here cant start an NFL game.

I cant believe how badly the fans of this team bash its players, seems as a whole we did more last year with less then ever possible.

My gut tells me Manning comes here, we discover he isnt what he was or he cant go a complete season, and we are back to sqaure one with nothing better than what we had.

And im not a Tebow fan, im just sick of the bashing that goes on here. How can you all enjoy the game, if you are overly unhappy all the time about the people playing it?

Baffled

I understand where you are coming from. I am just frustrated and apoligize for the rant. I want a real NFL qb like the good old days of Elway. I know far fetched. I miss is big time. All Bronco fans that saw his career were spoiled. I miss it. Jus that is all. I want to be relevant again. Last year felt so flukey. I enjoyed it for what it was, but in realty, I never expect to see that again. Just my 2 cents. Sorry coming from a long long time fan.

Nomad
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Spano tell Manning to choose and get this shit over with so BRONCOS can focus on FA. BRONCOS are day1 into FA and nothing to brag about.....no big surprise.

bcbronc
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't think Elway really wants to bring in Manning...too risky that PM ruins JE's legacy as a Bronco's QB.

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't think Elway really wants to bring in Manning...too risky that PM ruins JE's legacy as a Bronco's QB.

That is pathetic if the case. Be a front office member and not worry about the past.

bcbronc
03-13-2012, 09:05 PM
That is pathetic if the case. Be a front office member and not worry about the past.

c'mon Med. :lol:

Medford Bronco
03-13-2012, 09:08 PM
c'mon Med. :lol:

I know you are being a wiseguy. I am just frustrated. I see us getting nothing and I want to see hope.

Slick
03-13-2012, 09:14 PM

Everything the FO ever said about Tebow was long before Peyton Manning became available. I think you're reading way more into this then there really is because you simply don't want Tebow starting in Denver.

Slick
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
It's not like they're trying to replace Tim Tebow with Donovan McNabb or Jason Campbell.

Denverslim14
03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
I certainly hope Spano is correct.

TimHippo
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
How come I feel like Manning is not coming here and we are stuck with the 1950 offense from last year.

I would rather stick I pin in my eye than ever having to watch an option again in the NFL. It burns my eyes to think
of the embarassment in NE. I puke thinking about it.

I am sorry, I dont buy Tebow,. He is a Nice person and I admire his guts and the person he is. However as a QB he is
below average and is not going to help us ever. Yes ready to get killed by the Teboites but i dont really care.

I want a real NFL QB. I am still poed about the Cutler mess that led us to this. Now him and Marshall on Chicago. How ironic. I think
they do well next year and we run opt puke offense. Great

sorry very very pessamistic. I hope that I am wrong and will be so happy if Manning comes here, even for some false hope

Why Manning should come here is the AFC West is so freaking weak. Why go to Miami and be in the East where at his best he is a WC team.
and if going to the Titans, same thing most likely. Here, we should win the division as long as SD pukes on themselves as they have recently. Oak
and KC dont scare me at all. Just my long winded feeling. Ready to get killed. oh well..............

Well lucky for you Tebow will be gone whether Manning signs with the Broncos or not.
So you will get your wish. I think that was part of Elway's plan with this Manning parade anyway. Elway wins either way because he can now get rid of Tebow.

underrated29
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
How many people do I have to bet that Tebow will be here in camp this year? This is ridiculous. Its like people stopped thinking for themselves.

1+1+1 does not equal 111.

TimHippo
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM
How many people do I have to bet that Tebow will be here in camp this year? This is ridiculous. Its like people stopped thinking for themselves.

1+1+1 does not equal 111.

He's gone. Why are you upset about that. Manning's coming.

Shazam!
03-13-2012, 10:49 PM
This whole mess #$%*ing sucks.

WARHORSE
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Brandon Spanos was answering questions about his tweets, and he basically was saying its all but over, Peyton is coming to Denver.

One caller said something to the effect of, "Sounds like youre saying theyre just waiting for the ink to dry" and Spano said, yes, thats what Im saying.

PAINTERDAVE
03-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Wherever he ends up.. Peyton has played the game well...
leveraged the teams nicely....

Alfred Williams said today he expects PM to get a contract of
5 years.. 100 million... 60 million guaranteed..
all with no workout.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 12:29 AM
He's gone. Why are you upset about that. Manning's coming.

And you have herpes. Why would you be upset about that. The cure is coming.

Lancane
03-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Everything the FO ever said about Tebow was long before Peyton Manning became available. I think you're reading way more into this then there really is because you simply don't want Tebow starting in Denver.

That's your opinion Slick, doesn't make it any less untrue or true, it's simply my opinion and it has nothing to do with my overall opinion of the kid...period.

Lancane
03-14-2012, 01:35 AM

all with no workout.

Which is nuts, Brandon Kristal has tweeted that Denver is close to finalizing a deal, a four year deal worth 90 million! Either he's nuts, as well as Williams or the Broncos' front office has lost it. Tom Brady just got an extension for four years and worth 72 million (48 million guaranteed) making him the highest paid quarterback in the league...WTH, Manning is older and coming off an injury! Seriously, if there is any truth to this then I'm not on board with the deal...I'd rather draft someone or better yet, I'd rather watch Tebow sink or swim and trade a number of picks to secure someone next year.

dogfish
03-14-2012, 02:08 AM
It's not like they're trying to replace Tim Tebow with Donovan McNabb or Jason Campbell.

yea, well, let's hope it doesn't go there if we don't get manning. . .

:shocked:

SOCALORADO.
03-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Which is nuts, Brandon Kristal has tweeted that Denver is close to finalizing a deal, a four year deal worth 90 million! Either he's nuts, as well as Williams or the Broncos' front office has lost it. Tom Brady just got an extension for four years and worth 72 million (48 million guaranteed) making him the highest paid quarterback in the league...WTH, Manning is older and coming off an injury! Seriously, if there is any truth to this then I'm not on board with the deal...I'd rather draft someone or better yet, I'd rather watch Tebow sink or swim and trade a number of picks to secure someone next year.

Joel
03-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't get the whole "I'm not announcing anything, because I respect Manning, but I'm going on radio shows and Twitter and declaring him a Bronco anyway."

As to Bud Adams recruiting a Pro Bowl guard to protect Manning: Without looking it up, can anyone name a Titan tackle? Bud will seemingly never learn that the focus of pass protection is NOT the interior line (though it can't be ignored either. *cough*BeadlesandWalton*cough*)

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't get the whole "I'm not announcing anything, because I respect Manning, but I'm going on radio shows and Twitter and declaring him a Bronco anyway."

Yea the logic is stupid.

"I can't announce that Manning will be a Bronco because I want to respect his wishes, but I will say, Manning will be a Bronco!"

Northman
03-14-2012, 09:04 AM
yea, well, let's hope it doesn't go there if we don't get manning. . .

:shocked:

Campbell just signed on with another team as a backup so he wont be coming to Denver.

Joel
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Why would it change? Tebow's not costing a lot of money, his trade value is reportedly nil and we'll still need a QB in a couple years even if we get Manning and he takes us all the way.

Elway'll sign Manning, but make him compete with Tebow in training camp to usurp his legacy. ;)

claymore
03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Why would it change? Tebow's not costing a lot of money, his trade value is reportedly nil and we'll still need a QB in a couple years even if we get Manning and he takes us all the way.

Elway'll sign Manning, but make him compete with Tebow in training camp to usurp his legacy. ;)

Probably because its hard enough for the team to learn a new playbook, let alone 2 because your backup cant execute complex offense's.

Mike
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Spano is going to look like such a doof if Manning signs elsewhere. With all the crap he is putting out there would anyone ever take him serious again?

hotcarl
03-14-2012, 07:29 PM
He is an idiot. The manning family just played us to make billion dollars.

Lancane
03-14-2012, 07:37 PM

Maybe I don't want to! :D

vettesplus
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM

all with no workout.

i would absolutely love to see pm in a #18 bronco Jersey but.......
any team that would pay pm 100mil is completely out of there flippin mind...jmo

DenBronx
03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Spano is going to look like such a doof if Manning signs elsewhere. With all the crap he is putting out there would anyone ever take him serious again?

I will never take him serious again...

weazel
03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
I think Manning will be a Titan by tomorrow morning

BroncoStud
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Spano is full of crap. Sensationalism... If Manning was signed with the Broncos he wouldn't be meeting with the Dolphins or Titans and he would be helping Denver put pieces around him. It makes no sense to any party involved to drag this out. We are losing ground quickly in free agency.

Nomad
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
spano is full of crap. Sensationalism... If manning was signed with the broncos he wouldn't be meeting with the dolphins or titans and he would be helping denver put pieces around him. It makes no sense to any party involved to drag this out. We are losing ground quickly in free agency.

b i n g o !