PDA

View Full Version : Cutler to Detroit!

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Yep, if he's going to be a whiney little bitch this is the best place for him.
I'm sure he'll love it there.
We can get Detroit's 1st rounders too.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 01:26 AM

Screw their first rounders, they may be busts.

Fire McDaniels before his ego sets us back another 5 yrs by trading away the most important piece of the puzzle.

We have a great Oline, good WRs, and good TEs, and a franchise QB with better backs this year than last.

Spend our picks on defense.

Bring Shanahan back.........we're paying him 7 mil anyways.......he may as well earn it.

Seriously.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 01:27 AM

Fire McDaniels before his ego sets us back another 5 yrs.

We have a great Oline, good WRs, and good TEs, and a franchise QB with better backs this year than last.

Bring Shanahan back.........we're paying him 7 mil anyways.......he may as well earn it.

Seriously.

why so we can continue to suck on defense, because Shanahan refuses to pay attention to his defensive needs? thanks but no thanks.

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Umm, Cutler may be a bust too. Seriously.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
In all honesty, is there a player the Broncos need that is worth the top pick in the draft? If they're going to trade Cutler for the top pick and other picks, trade that top pick for more picks. Maybe trade a few spots down and draft Aaron Curry and if they keep the 12 pick, hope that Raji falls to them.

EMB6903
04-01-2009, 01:32 AM

Fire McDaniels before his ego sets us back another 5 yrs by trading away the most important piece of the puzzle.

Seriously.

^^^ you are living in a dream world

Bowlen already made his decision... Cutler's played his last game as a Bronco.

Tampa Bay is interested...I'd be cool to package a deal that involved Gaines Adams

TimBuff10
04-01-2009, 01:32 AM
I would prefer to also send Marshall along with Cutler in exchange for the No1 pick and Calvin Johnson. Maybe even see if we can throw in Scheffler for another pick too.

This would let McShambles put his mark on this team for sure and give him a chance at starting with a fresh slate. I just don't see things going well with Marshall when the new QB doesn't try and force the ball to him 15 times a game like Cutler was prone to doing. Combine that with his new contract that will be coming up, and oh yeah, the suspension won't help either.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 01:36 AM
why so we can continue to suck on defense, because Shanahan refuses to pay attention to his defensive needs? thanks but no thanks.

Ahh dont be so hyper. Nolan is here now.

Id rather have Shanahan and a peaceful lockeroom, F.O., headcoach and fans than this doo-doo storm.

I didnt sign up for this.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 01:37 AM

Seriously.

Are you serious?

Even if his play didnt notch up much more, we could win with a good defense.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 01:38 AM
I would prefer to also send Marshall along with Cutler in exchange for the No1 pick and Calvin Johnson. Maybe even see if we can throw in Scheffler for another pick too.

This would let McShambles put his mark on this team for sure and give him a chance at starting with a fresh slate. I just don't see things going well with Marshall when the new QB doesn't try and force the ball to him 15 times a game like Cutler was prone to doing. Combine that with his new contract that will be coming up, and oh yeah, the suspension won't help either.

As much as I would like that to happen, I don't think Detroit does that. Maybe they would since they finally get a good QB that has been missing from that team for years. Plus they get Brandon Marshall who can be better than Johnson when hes healthy or not suspended. Now that I think about it....I could see the Lions biting on that.

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 01:39 AM
War, any QB can win with a good defense. Jake Plummer?

WARHORSE

Well we may very well be seeing Cutler THROWING to Johnson.

That ought to bring a smile to Bowlens face.

We may very well be seeing a trade with Detroit.

CrazyHorse

I like this idea quite a lot actually.
Hey, atleast he'll have his buddies there.
We still got Graham at TE with all that money we're paying him.

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 01:41 AM

Trent Dilfer

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 01:41 AM

Yea, but to win the superbowl you need a very good QB, or a defense like Baltimores the year they won with Trent.

Look, all we need to do is look at all the quarterbacks who won the superbowl in the last 30 years.

That tells alot.

omac
04-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Cutler to Detroit sounds good. I just have a good feeling about Schwartz as a head coach, coming from the no-nonsense Fisher.

Calvin Johnson could become the best WR in the game, and Kevin Smith turned in a pretty solid rookie performance at RB. Don't know much about Cherilus, though, if he was good, or if he sucked.

BroncoWave
04-01-2009, 02:09 AM

Have you even been paying attention to today's devolpments? Pat Bowlen is the one who said the Broncos are going to trade Cutler, not McDaniels. McDaniels has obviously been trying to fix things with Cutler over the past few weeks (adamant that "he's our QB", holding up his jersey at the owners meetings, repeatedly trying to call him) and Cutler is totally blowing him off. It's clear that McD was trying to fix things and Cutler refused. If that's going to be Cutler's attitude, then he can go suck one.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Have you even been paying attention to today's devolpments? Pat Bowlen is the one who said the Broncos are going to trade Cutler, not McDaniels. McDaniels has obviously been trying to fix things with Cutler over the past few weeks (adamant that "he's our QB", holding up his jersey at the owners meetings, repeatedly trying to call him) and Cutler is totally blowing him off. It's clear that McD was trying to fix things and Cutler refused. If that's going to be Cutler's attitude, then he can go suck one.

Yes I heard that part. And I think McDaniels was as ready for Bowlens declaration as we were.

Well it gets better. Someone supposedly close to Cutler.......Im guessing Marshall........is saying Jay said he didnt receive any phone calls from the Broncos...........go figure.

BroncoWave
04-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Yes I heard that part. And I think McDaniels was as ready for Bowlens declaration as we were.

Well it gets better. Someone supposedly close to Cutler.......Im guessing Marshall........is saying Jay said he didnt receive any phone calls from the Broncos...........go figure.

Wow, how could one ever refute such concrete evidence? :rolleyes:

BroncoTech
04-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Is this the first time a quarterback has been traded on the off season of a pro bowl appearance? I think it's breaking new ground.

omac
04-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Is this the first time a quarterback has been traded on the off season of a pro bowl appearance? I think it's breaking new ground.

Not sure if the same thing happened to Brees, but he did have a serious knee injury.

Dean
04-01-2009, 05:02 AM
I just can't help but think that the Broncos have been treading water waiting for the right trade to come along. Now, it has.

Bronco Bible
04-01-2009, 08:44 AM

Jeff George comes to mind.... all the tools ...but his nickname should be Stanley..........:coffee:

pumpdoc
04-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Not sure if the same thing happened to Brees, but he did have a serious knee injury.

No it was a shoulder(labrum tear) courtesy of Denver

Simple Jaded
04-01-2009, 09:04 AM

You act as if Denver without Cutler were any better than Detroit with Cutler.

I got news for ya, Detroit and Denver are headed in opposite directions with this trade, you're a fool if you think this doesn't make Detroit a much better team, and the Broncos are quickly becoming a complete joke of a franchise.

Two No1's for a Franchise QB is not worth it, that's what the Broncos gave up for him as a rookie. Detroit would be getting a proven Franchise QB for 16 million guaranteed, the Broncos get God knows what for at least 30-35 million guaranteed.

Careful what you wish for.

Btw, the more people complain about Cutler, the more they act like the dude they're complaining about.......

Simple Jaded
04-01-2009, 09:09 AM

You mean that "We already had a good player" and ".......[Cassell] significantly improves our team" interview?

Gimme a break, that looks even more pathetic now that they waited a whole week to do a 180.......

omac
04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
No it was a shoulder(labrum tear) courtesy of Denver

You're right. :salute:

The Saints did pretty well getting him. I think they made a big turnaround from the season before.

broncohead
04-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't want to trade with Det for their 1st overall. That would suck. Hopefully we can get a first this year and next. That would help the building process.

TXBRONC
04-01-2009, 12:05 PM

But not every average quarterback can get the Super Bowl let alone win it even with a good defense.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
But not every average quarterback can get the Super Bowl let alone win it even with a good defense.

Not every GREAT QB can do that either, so it all comes back to the TEAM

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
War, no offense, but you have been a whiny little bytch lately.

weazel
04-01-2009, 12:14 PM

Seriously.

Mike Shanahan! I was wondering where you were.

underrated29
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
What ever trade we do we need to include brandon marshall in it anyways.

Brandon is not going to resign here once jay is gone. Think about it, plus the whole off field suspension things.

The value is extremely high right now and we need to package them both up, since we are in fact going to trade away Jay.

i like:

Det gets:
jay (value of 1st this year 1st next year and player/2nd or 3rd)
brandon (value of 1st this year and maybe a 4th-Roy williams got a 1st and 3rd?

Denver gets
Calvin J-(value 1st and 3rd- little higher than brandon-no issues/suspensions
1st this year
1st next year
2nd/3rd this year.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Ahh dont be so hyper. Nolan is here now.

Id rather have Shanahan and a peaceful lockeroom, F.O., headcoach and fans than this doo-doo storm.

I didnt sign up for this.

Don't forget the 7-9 or 8-8 seasons!

Foochacho
04-01-2009, 02:19 PM
What ever trade we do we need to include brandon marshall in it anyways.

Brandon is not going to resign here once jay is gone. Think about it, plus the whole off field suspension things.

The value is extremely high right now and we need to package them both up, since we are in fact going to trade away Jay.

i like:

Det gets:
jay (value of 1st this year 1st next year and player/2nd or 3rd)
brandon (value of 1st this year and maybe a 4th-Roy williams got a 1st and 3rd?

Denver gets
Calvin J-(value 1st and 3rd- little higher than brandon-no issues/suspensions
1st this year
1st next year
2nd/3rd this year.

I wonder if Carolina would bite on detroits number 1 or our number 12 for Peppers. So we could then get Calvin, Peppers and picks. I definitely like the idea of ditching Brandon just to ensure no more locker room hostility.

Denver27og
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM

probowl in his 3rd year?? yea keep telling yourself what ever makes you feel better after how this organization screwed him over

Tempus Fugit
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
probowl in his 3rd year?? yea keep telling yourself what ever makes you feel better after how this organization screwed him over

Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowl player.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM

The organization screwed him over? :confused:

Try Jay screwed himself over.

Does anyone honestly believe that after McD has said numerous times in public that he wants Jay as his QB, that if Jay showed interest and showed up that he would actually be traded?

No.....that would make the organization look really bad. Instead, Jay is mute...to the team and everyone else therefore he is digging his own grave.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowl player.

...in his first full year

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:12 PM
...in his first full year

..............With Cleveland.........