PDA

View Full Version : Cutler for Quinn!

DawgPound
04-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I am a Cleveland fan that being said, I hate you all.

...I hate Pittsburgh and Baltimore more.

That being said I just wanted to see what YOUR forums say about Jay leaving and its pretty much what I expected.

I see about 60% of the posts are WANTING Brady Quinn.. Goodluck.

I actually side with most of you and in your shoes I would be pretty pissed. The organization might have pissed Jake off but he spit in all you (fans') faces.

I couldn't imagine what I would do if I had a talent like Jay who up and flipped a teletubby on me and said he didnt want to play for me - the fan anymore.

That being said most of us Cleveland fans dont want him for the reason - loyalty to the fans.

If he was pissed at the coach he could have easily voiced that the entire season while he tore shit up and kept poking fun at it but he went about it the wrong way.

Thats why I dont think you will end up getting Quinn, but there is also quite a bit of talk about liking him here in Cleveland. Derek Anderson has a similar playstyle to Jake and they would make a good tandum if Jay goes down Derek can fill in. While now, Quinn is very different.

You won't get the flashyness with Quinn you did with Jay I can tell you right now, personally I don't like Quinn much as a NFL QB. He has good confidence and poise but from what i've seen literally on the sideline he doesnt have good arm strength.

On the flip side.. if we get Jay for some reason and he comes back with a vengeance and torches you guys historically like Elway did to us so many times and you get some lame ass Quinn commercials.:beer:

GO BROWNS.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I think is a must do deal.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-309/Denver-must-call-Cleveland.html

Quinn fits McDaniels system and style of play, he's got a strong arm, he is a good leader (something Cutler didn't), he's very competitive and has the drive to win, and make himself better. He has the tools, the skills, and the mentality to take Denver to a championship level, that and he doesn't cry like Cutler does.

what do you guys think?

honz
04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
It's Jay, dude! :lol:

BeefStew25
Soooo, Jake unretired?

DawgPound
Jay, my bad its about 1:36 AM and I just read some crap about Plummer. Let me edit that.

Italianmobstr7
His name is JAY.... Quinn would be the best QB we could get out there right now for Cutler. I'll take him. I'd much rather have Jay but that's not looking like a possibility any longer, unfortunately. Quinn for Broncos QB in 09.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 12:39 AM
haha, we musta posted like 5 seconds apart or something, cause i didn't see this when I went to post mine!

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36281

but I say we trade for Quinn in a heartbeat!! he fits McDaniels system perfectly.

Italianmobstr7
Quinn for Broncos QB in 09!

DawgPound
Atleast you didnt pay a underproductive wide reciever 4mill to run someone over in a Bentley. Thats a plus.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 12:40 AM
can you imagine Quinn to Eddie Royal deep? that'd be fun to watch!

Timmy!
04-01-2009, 12:41 AM
I think Quinn could be very good here in Denver. He knows the system (yes, better than Jay does). Does he have Jay's arm? No way, but it's not like he doesn't have a decent arm. If we are all going to be honest here, Jay did NOT make great decisions. He has the Farve mentality. It's great for the fans and TV, but it can cost you big. Quinn was good in this system at ND, and it's not like he had top quality receivers to throw the ball too either. Is Quinn better than Cutler? No. I don't think so. If we could get Quinn and a 2nd (maybe a 1st, but I doubt that) or Quinn and Rogers, I'd be all over it. If Jay is already gone, it makes the most sense. I'll take a less talented QB, who makes good decisions, and is proud to wear that captains "C" on a Broncos jersey over a stuck up cry baby who needs his diaper changed any day.

Benetto
04-01-2009, 12:41 AM
This makes the most sense...Makes BOTH teams better.

broncobryce
04-01-2009, 12:42 AM
As a Cutler supporter, I must say this.......MOTHER**** JAY CUTLER!!

Lonestar
04-01-2009, 12:42 AM
one of the replies to the article..
Granted, the Browns are the perfect paper partners, but aren't we forgetting a couple things here? First of all the Browns are run by another Evil Genius spawn in Mangini, and he has roughly the same temperment as McDaniels, and the second, do you think that whining Cutler does gonna get the fan base excited? I don't think so, and I don't think Jay can afford the personal protection he would need to get out of the stadium after one of his temper tantrums.

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 12:44 AM
can you imagine Quinn to Eddie Royal deep? that'd be fun to watch!

I started imagining it and then I saw the DB come up and run the ball back for a Pick 6.

omac
04-01-2009, 12:46 AM
I think is a must do deal.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-309/Denver-must-call-Cleveland.html

Quinn fits McDaniels system and style of play, he's got a strong arm, he is a good leader (something Cutler didn't), he's very competitive and has the drive to win, and make himself better. He has the tools, the skills, and the mentality to take Denver to a championship level, that and he doesn't cry like Cutler does.

what do you guys think?

Actually, Cutler is a good leader; his teammates say so. And Quinn has "cried"; remember, he was holding out during his rookie season, because he wanted a top 10 type compensation despite being drafted in the 20s. That not only got a lot of Browns fans on his case, but it also hurt his chances for starting that season, since he wasn't anywhere near as prepared as Anderson was when they pulled the plug on Frye. He's learned from that experience, and now does his best to show that he's a team player. Fyi.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Atleast you didnt pay a underproductive wide reciever 4mill to run someone over in a Bentley. Thats a plus.

No but the Broncos did pay for a RB who smokes more weed than Cheech and Chong and a million baby mamas and more children than octomom.

Overtime
04-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Granted, the Browns are the perfect paper partners, but aren't we forgetting a couple things here? First of all the Browns are run by another Evil Genius spawn in Mangini, and he has roughly the same temperment as McDaniels, and the second, do you think that whining Cutler does gonna get the fan base excited? I don't think so, and I don't think Jay can afford the personal protection he would need to get out of the stadium after one of his temper tantrums.

if Cutler goes to the Browns, then it's their problem and Cutler's problem...not ours.

Actually, Cutler is a good leader; his teammates say so. And Quinn has "cried"; remember, he was holding out during his rookie season, because he wanted a top 10 type compensation despite being drafted in the 20s. That not only got a lot of Browns fans on his case, but it also hurt his chances for starting that season, since he wasn't anywhere near as prepared as Anderson was when they pulled the plug on Frye. He's learned from that experience, and now does his best to show that he's a team player. Fyi.

Yeah but whining to get paid, and whining about your name being discussed in a trade talk are too different things. Quinn was doing what most pro athletes do...and that's make sure he got his worth, before he signs a contract. I'd do the same thing.

I would not however get my panties all in a wad just because a team called, and had a talk with new head coach about a possible trade like Cutler did.

and I disagree about Cutler being a good leader. A good leader doesn't act the way he does, and a good leader doesn't throw his defense under the bus like he did this past year. Cutler is a terrible leader, and I'm glad he'll be leaving this team for good...he's too immature and selfish to play as our QB.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 01:01 AM
dont want quinn

aint done jack imo

Overtime
04-01-2009, 01:07 AM
dont want quinn

aint done jack imo

its not like he was exactly given the opportunity in cleveland either. hell Romeo, sat him on the bench for a year and a half before throwing him to the wolves.

dogfish
04-01-2009, 01:07 AM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6143/shittpa.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shittpa.jpg)

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 01:27 AM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6143/shittpa.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shittpa.jpg)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind trading Cutler for Quinn.

Shazam!
04-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Quinn and the fifth, and if they could squeeze a second or third? Done.

Benetto
04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Who do we take with the 5th and 12th Shazam?

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:31 AM

yeah but i think mangenius likes qb's like favre and cutler. this makes alot of sense. he's not sold on either quinn or anderson and cutler puts an instant stop to that. i think even if he deals quinn for cutler i think he will also trade anderson then sign a veteran backup later. the browns would be wise to deal BOTH qb's. detriot could probablly get anderson for a 2nd.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 01:31 AM

Aaron Curry. I don't think he falls further than 5. He would be a great addition to the Broncos.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM

well...might as well take raji at 5 and moreno at 12.

JKcatch724
04-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Dog, we should start a "**** Brady Quinn" club together.

Poet
04-01-2009, 01:54 AM
I am a Cleveland fan that being said, I hate you all.

...I hate Pittsburgh and Baltimore more.

That being said I just wanted to see what YOUR forums say about Jay leaving and its pretty much what I expected.

I see about 60% of the posts are WANTING Brady Quinn.. Goodluck.

I actually side with most of you and in your shoes I would be pretty pissed. The organization might have pissed Jake off but he spit in all you (fans') faces.

I couldn't imagine what I would do if I had a talent like Jay who up and flipped a teletubby on me and said he didnt want to play for me - the fan anymore.

That being said most of us Cleveland fans dont want him for the reason - loyalty to the fans.

If he was pissed at the coach he could have easily voiced that the entire season while he tore shit up and kept poking fun at it but he went about it the wrong way.

Thats why I dont think you will end up getting Quinn, but there is also quite a bit of talk about liking him here in Cleveland. Derek Anderson has a similar playstyle to Jake and they would make a good tandum if Jay goes down Derek can fill in. While now, Quinn is very different.

You won't get the flashyness with Quinn you did with Jay I can tell you right now, personally I don't like Quinn much as a NFL QB. He has good confidence and poise but from what i've seen literally on the sideline he doesnt have good arm strength.

On the flip side.. if we get Jay for some reason and he comes back with a vengeance and torches you guys historically like Elway did to us so many times and you get some lame ass Quinn commercials.:beer:

GO BROWNS.

I am a Bengals fan and I hate you more than you can even comprehend.

Please delete your account.

Thanks in advance.

claymore
04-01-2009, 05:23 AM
I dont want a QB that sleeps with dudes.

dogfish
04-01-2009, 05:28 AM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1425/2712064134fakepoo.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2712064134fakepoo.jpg)

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Quinn?

We're talkin about Quinn?

Brady Quinn?

Its only Quinn.

We talkin about QUINN.

QUINN????

We're talkin about QUINN?????

QUINN?????

We're talkin about BRADY QUINN?????

Man, screw Quinn.:coffee:

Quinn has shown one thing since being in the NFL other than torching the Broncos defense................NOTHING.:tsk:

claymore
04-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Quinn?

We're talkin about Quinn?

Brady Quinn?

Its only Quinn.

We talkin about QUINN.

QUINN????

We're talkin about QUINN?????

QUINN?????

We're talkin about BRADY QUINN?????

Man, screw Quinn.:coffee:

Quinn has shown one thing since being in the NFL other than torching the Broncos defense................NOTHING.:tsk:

LOL, I needed to laugh. thanks bud. :salute:

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 05:40 AM
LOL, I needed to laugh. thanks bud. :salute:

I think we all need a laugh.

At McMuffins expense at that.:D

claymore
04-01-2009, 05:44 AM
I think we all need a laugh.

At McMuffins expense at that.:D

I wish the breaking news was McDaniels was fired. This sucks sooooooo bad.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 06:27 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/mcdanielsjersey_090324.jpg

Take a REAL GOOD LOOK.

Its the look of a Champion.:coffee:

claymore
04-01-2009, 06:29 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/mcdanielsjersey_090324.jpg

Take a REAL GOOD LOOK.

Its the look of a Champion.:coffee:

It looks like a retarded kid won a prize.

Poet
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
It looks like a retarded kid won a prize.

McDaniels could beat you up in a fight.

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
McDaniels could beat you up in a fight.

I dont know if he would want to mess with me right now.

Poet
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I dont know if he would want to mess with me right now.

He would hold your face down in the water until you said "CUTLER SUCKS CUTLER SUCKS".