PDA

View Full Version : People need to relax...

Italianmobstr7
03-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Look, I'm as upset about us getting rid of Cutler as anybody but people need to chill out. All these people saying that they're selling their season tickets, and aren't going to watch football this year, and are canceling their Sunday Ticket are ridiculous. I love Cutler, but he's one player. The Denver Broncos are still an organization. As long as there's the Denver Broncos, I'll be watching every single game like I have my whole life. All of you should too. Just because we lose Cutler does not guarantee that we will have a bad season, and it doesn't guarantee us being set back 5 years. It sucks because he's been a fan favorite, and he's got exceptional skills, but he obviously doesn't want to be a Bronco. So he won't be. Everyone needs to get over it. Be a real fan, support the team, and stop crying. You're all acting like someone tried to trade you for a career backup...

DenBronx
03-31-2009, 11:19 PM
ive got a signed bailey jersey for sale....

..it will go to the highest bidder.

getlynched47
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM
I will watch every game also. Not because I like McDipShit (i hate him) but because I'm a Bronco fan. It will be very painful to see us lose all those games though :(

Italianmobstr7
03-31-2009, 11:24 PM
There's no guarantee that we're going to lose!!! What don't you get about that? There's still 6 months before the season. We can get a new QB in here, and our draft picks and as brutal as our schedule is, we can still win. I'm not predicting Super Bowl, maybe not even playoffs (even though it wouldn't surprise me) but we will still be a competitive team. We may lose Cutler, but we may get Quinn. Quinn in our new system will be a great QB. If he comes to Denver, we'll be a playoff team in 3 years or less.

Superchop 7
03-31-2009, 11:29 PM
No, we are not an organization any more.

We are a "dis"organization.

Italianmobstr7
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I guess the one good thing about this, is it's nice to see who the true fans are. I can't stand bandwagon fans. I'm a Broncos fan first, and foremost. I think most people on here are. I won't miss the one's who aren't.

FanInAZ
03-31-2009, 11:34 PM
Let the guy prove he's a looser before you call him a looser!

sanluis
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Well it looks like Denver just fixed the team. Getting rid of that bad apple Cutler is the best move Pat could have made. You guys are probably better off without the scum bag!! Same goes for that #15 dip stick. Your team IQ just jumped 25 points.

I know if feels bad right now and that they are your best players on offen and they just went to the pro bowl but they mess up the rest of the team IMO. And the last time I checked this is a team sport.

So ... I am going to miss the TV breaking wide out and the red zone throwing int QB. Just like I have missed Jake the snake and good old greaser.

But I am ready now for the Simms era!!! Bring it on spleen boy!!! :shocked:

LoyalSoldier
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
There's no guarantee that we're going to lose!!! What don't you get about that? There's still 6 months before the season. We can get a new QB in here, and our draft picks and as brutal as our schedule is, we can still win. I'm not predicting Super Bowl, maybe not even playoffs (even though it wouldn't surprise me) but we will still be a competitive team. We may lose Cutler, but we may get Quinn. Quinn in our new system will be a great QB. If he comes to Denver, we'll be a playoff team in 3 years or less.

There is no guarantee, just a high probability. The only way I can see us being respectable is if the defense all of a sudden gets to the point where we can actually hold teams to around 24 points a game or less.

I am not getting my hopes up.

Chris90210
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
we're gonna get raped

honz
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Believe it or not, there are other good QB's besides Cutler out there. The Broncos will find another QB (although maybe not next year or we may have to draft one) and life as well as the Broncos organization will go on.

Northman
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh, im not going to stop watching and ill never stop being a fan. But, i do expect a winning season this year.

DenBronx
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Oh, im not going to stop watching and ill never stop being a fan. But, i do expect a winning season this year.

i guess it all depends on what we get for cutler in return. i dont expect us to be winning anytime soon.

dogfish
04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
I guess the one good thing about this, is it's nice to see who the true fans are. I can't stand bandwagon fans. I'm a Broncos fan first, and foremost. I think most people on here are. I won't miss the one's who aren't.

nah man, don't even go there-- bandwagon fans would switch to a different team. . . i can continue to root for the broncos to win without continuing to support them financially. . . they won't miss my dollars, but i can find plenty of good uses for 'em. . . .

Northman
04-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Well it looks like Denver just fixed the team. Getting rid of that bad apple Cutler is the best move Pat could have made. You guys are probably better off without the scum bag!! Same goes for that #15 dip stick. Your team IQ just jumped 25 points.

I know if feels bad right now and that they are your best players on offen and they just went to the pro bowl but they mess up the rest of the team IMO. And the last time I checked this is a team sport.

So ... I am going to miss the TV breaking wide out and the red zone throwing int QB. Just like I have missed Jake the snake and good old greaser.

But I am ready now for the Simms era!!! Bring it on spleen boy!!! :shocked:

If i didnt like you i would be torturing you through the internet line right now.

Italianmobstr7
04-01-2009, 12:31 AM
nah man, don't even go there-- bandwagon fans would switch to a different team. . . i can continue to root for the broncos to win without continuing to support them financially. . . they won't miss my dollars, but i can find plenty of good uses for 'em. . . .

Hard to root for the Broncos if you don't watch the games... I'm not necessarily calling EVERYONE out here, and not you in particular DF. It's hard for me to think someone is a fan if they're canceling their options to watch the Broncos play though. Cutler is just one player. He isn't the whole organization. Sure he's a big loss, but that doesn't mean that you stop buying Broncos gear, or going to games (if you have the tickets) or canceling NFL Sunday Ticket. The Broncos are still putting the product out next year. Maybe I'm not a fan. I think I'm a fanatic. A FREAK if you will. That's the difference between some of the members here that will continue to support the Broncos be it with money, or cheering or whatever.

Timmy!
04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
I've already decided. I'm going to the mall tomorrow, and buying myself a new Bronco hat.

:salute:

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 12:37 AM
According to most of the people on here, the Broncos WILL go 0-16 and be the laughing stock of the league. Even the Lions will laugh at them. Apparently, they can look into the future and it is fact that without Cutler, the Broncos are done for and will fail. Where will they be if the Broncos have a winning record and have a QB that won't throw interceptions in the red zone and can lead them into the playoffs? Hmm? Shut up and lets see what happens like the rest of us....that is if you guys haven't hung yourself because Cutler isn't on the team anymore.

Italianmobstr7
04-01-2009, 12:37 AM
I've already decided. I'm going to the mall tomorrow, and buying myself a new Bronco hat.

:salute:

Just got the new draft hat last tuesday, the day it released here in OK. It's awesome. As much as it sucks to see Jay leave, you still gotta support the team! GO BRONCOS!

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Just got the new draft hat last tuesday, the day it released here in OK. It's awesome. As much as it sucks to see Jay leave, you still gotta support the team! GO BRONCOS!

I will support the team while they become worse than the Raiders.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 12:52 AM
I will support the team while they become worse than the Raiders.

One of the many statements that support my point.

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 01:05 AM
One of the many statements that support my point.

Well sorry for thinking that our offseason has been lack luster thus far and for seeing that we lost two (Well one is suspended) of our best offensive players this season. Our defense has yet to find someone who can play NT for our 3-4 which is a key part to the 3-4. Even if we draft someone to play NT most Defensive linemen take a year or two to develop.

Sorry for not being a blind optimist. I have been on the side who kept hope and was rewarded.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=661607&postcount=31

This was after our week 1 loss in Miami. We ended up 13-3 that season and was laughing after the Chiefs fan said 12-4 was a stretch.

However I am also a realist. The amount we have done to become better may not offset what we have done to screw ourselves over.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Well sorry for thinking that our offseason has been lack luster thus far and for seeing that we lost two (Well one is suspended) of our best offensive players this season. Our defense has yet to find someone who can play NT for our 3-4 which is a key part to the 3-4. Even if we draft someone to play NT most Defensive linemen take a year or two to develop.

Sorry for not being a blind optimist. I have been on the side who kept hope and was rewarded.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=661607&postcount=31

This was after our week 1 loss in Miami. We ended up 13-3 that season and was laughing after the Chiefs fan said 12-4 was a stretch.

However I am also a realist. The amount we have done to become better may not offset what we have done to screw ourselves over.

I completely understand your point, it's just worse than the Raiders?

That's definitely stretching it.

WARHORSE
04-01-2009, 01:09 AM
According to most of the people on here, the Broncos WILL go 0-16 and be the laughing stock of the league. Even the Lions will laugh at them. Apparently, they can look into the future and it is fact that without Cutler, the Broncos are done for and will fail. Where will they be if the Broncos have a winning record and have a QB that won't throw interceptions in the red zone and can lead them into the playoffs? Hmm? Shut up and lets see what happens like the rest of us....that is if you guys haven't hung yourself because Cutler isn't on the team anymore.

Im not saying we'll go 0-16, but I got a question:

Can McDaniels play quarterback?

We ARE going to be watching what happens this year just like you.

But to paint Cutler as a bad QB is pretty incredulous to say the least.

Cutler sucks so much theres going to be a bidding war for his services. Thats how much he sucks..INTS and bad decisions included.

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I completely understand your point, it's just worse than the Raiders?

That's definitely stretching it.

Hell at this point it wouldn't shock me.

Timmy!
04-01-2009, 01:13 AM

Cutler sucks so much theres going to be a bidding war for his services. Thats how much he sucks..INTS and bad decisions included.

War, at this point, we can just hope that bidding war gets out of control, for the sake of the Broncos. Cutler is as good as gone, for better, or worse. Let's hope we get a ton in return. :beer:

LoyalSoldier
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM
War, at this point, we can just hope that bidding war gets out of control, for the sake of the Broncos. Cutler is as good as gone, for better, or worse. Let's hope we get a ton in return. :beer:
Except we screwed ourselves over by letting the world know that we have to trade him.

ikillz0mbies
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM

I'm not saying that Cutler is a bad QB. There is no doubt that his arm strength is one of the top in the league and he can scramble out of the pocket when needed (which I do love in QB's). Just the bad decisions that hes made and now his attitude off the field concerns me. I also find him to be replaceable. I'm just not sold on the idea that Cutler is the only QB that can lead the Broncos to the Super Bowl.

Timmy!
04-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Except we screwed ourselves over by letting the world know that we have to trade him.

Agreed on that. But, it's not like the Broncos couldn't just screw Jay over. We have his rights. Technically, we could not trade him, and bench his ass. Sure, it would never happen, but it is possible. I'm pretty sure there are several teams that will get in a nice little bidding war over Cutler. I'm betting we get fair market value regardless. If not, we are really, really screwed :laugh:

The bandwagon is sure getting lighter, that's for sure. I'll drive this baby though :D

jrelway
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM

most of us here were fans when you were still suckin on your mothers teet mobster. its not called bandwagoning. its called anger, i cant think straight right now type crap. we just threw away a franchise qb.

Medford Bronco
04-01-2009, 09:46 AM

great post and agreed, I will stick with my 2-14 team:lol: jk

I hope for 9-7 at best but who knows.

hey bellichek jr you better be as good as him or at least 3/4 as good your first coaching job will last 1 year at most.

Flatinum
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Bye Bye Jay it was nice having you here. But all the doom and gloomers here are forgetting one thing.

Jay played behind one of the best offensive lines in the league (he was barely touched last year) and had some very good wr's to throw to. The new guy, whoever he is will have the same thing and probably a regular rb to hand the ball to.

Jay was good but don't give him all the credit for Denver's success last year on offense.

Denver's success this year will depend on the defense not on who the new qb will be.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 10:03 AM
How is that fair? We already had a bad team and a tough schedule and there is no guarantee that even if Jay were as good as he's made out to be that we'd have a winning season in '09. If we go 5-11 this year, there is NO way it can be proven we'd have done better or worse with him