PDA

View Full Version : Two Club Level Seats - FOR SALE

Broncos Mtnman
03-31-2009, 10:43 PM
This is a serious post. And for all those who are gloating about Cutler being gone, keep your crap to yourself. I just want to sell my tickets.

The economy made keeping them this year a little tough anyway, but with Pat Bowlen doing his best Al Davis impersonation, I have decided to sell my tickets for the season.

I have two seats in Section 307, row 15, seats 15/16 (aisle seats). This is one section away from where the coaches sit and is right in front of KOA's booth. The seats are under cover, so you never have to worry about the weather and they sit at about the 40 yard line.

I'm only selling the tickets, not the rights. The price is $6420.00 (face value) and includes a parking pass.

If you've never been on the Club Level, it's a real treat.

Any interested parties can send me a PM with your phone and email.

omac
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. Hope it works out.

DenBronx
03-31-2009, 10:51 PM
a year ago id buy them from you. i was going to fly in for several games this year...sadly i wont be going to anymore bronco games.

hope you sell them man.

hotcarl
03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
let me sum up every post in this thread for you:

i would love to but i cant because [insert lame excuse here]

hope this helps

close or move thread

tia
~carl
:welcome:

NightTrainLayne
03-31-2009, 10:56 PM
This type of posting is not allowed here. No sales/auctions of any kind.

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Re-opened.

:bump:

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 10:01 AM
:rolleyes:

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Absof***inglutely amazing. This place is going to have alot less members posting as soon as the cult follows their leader to his new home.

underrated29
04-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Is that price for both tickets or per ticket?

And is that for the season or just per game?

Flatinum
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Absof***inglutely amazing. This place is going to have alot less members posting as soon as the cult follows their leader to his new home.

Let them all go. Obviously they are Jay Cutler fans and not Bronco fans. When they start winning they'll all be back, Jay will be forgotten and probably wearing the jersey of the new qb.

KCL
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Good Lord guys...just because he has tickets for sale...he is a loser...:rolleyes:
Sounds like good seats...not for me but for someone.

MtnMan...you're selling them for the whole season? If so...wouldn't it be
easier to sell them for one game at a time? Just asking!

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I hope someone comes in and passes for 4000 yards and 30 TD's and we go to the playoffs. Then the fair-weathered fans can stew in their haste.

Mike
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Knock off the personal attacks guys.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Unbelievable.

Northman
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I guess one player really can be bigger than the organization. lol

Superchop 7
04-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Stand by your principles, I'm not going to a game this year either. (unless they get Curry, then all bets are off)

Proud of you, alot of people are doing the same.

Tired of Mckid already.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey, it's Mtn Mans option. He won't be the only one selling his tickets.

McD is dismantling this team when he should have been working on the "D" side of the ball.

He'll be gone in two years.

claymore
04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
let me sum up every post in this thread for you:

i would love to but i cant because [insert lame excuse here]

hope this helps

close or move thread

tia
~carl
:welcome:

Hahahaha LMFAO!

My lame excuse is..... I aint buying anything with the Bronco logo on it Until McDaniels turns out to be better for us than Cutler and Shannahan.

Dreadnought
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Just as a side note, while we don't normally allow advertising and such here this thread has been approved by Admin. This does not mean any of y'all are welcome to start threads selling Jay Cutler bobble head dolls or some such

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey, it's Mtn Mans option. He won't be the only one selling his tickets.

McD is dismantling this team when he should have been working on the "D" side of the ball.

He'll be gone in two years.

Yeah. Because we've been a real power-house over the past several years.

:tsk:

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Just as a side note, while we don't normally allow advertising and such here this thread has been approved by Admin. This does not mean any of y'all are welcome to start threads selling Jay Cutler bobble head dolls or some such

*delete*....I just deleted my Cutler doll for sale. Its the one that can go poo poo and pee pee in the potty all by his little self. You can also pull a string and he cries. Guess I will just have to use e-bay

claymore
04-01-2009, 10:31 AM

We have sucked. But there were reasons to be excited. I guess we have Clady, and Royal to be happy about. I reccomend not buying they're jersey though.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Yep, only to be worse now.

I'm not looking forward to Sundays much anymore.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 10:33 AM
We have sucked. But there were reasons to be excited. I guess we have Clady, and Royal to be happy about. I reccomend not buying they're jersey though.

Exactly. At least we had a QB that could take us to some 4th quarter comebacks and never lose faith toward the end of the game.

claymore
*delete*....I just deleted my Cutler doll for sale. Its the one that can go poo poo and pee pee in the potty all by his little self. You can also pull a string and he cries. Guess I will just have to use e-bay

Im still selling my bowlen autographed game time stained depends. Highest bidder gets em.

pnbronco

:laugh: :laugh: darn Dread you just crushed my dreams......:laugh:

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Exactly. At least we had a QB that could take us to some 4th quarter comebacks and never lose faith toward the end of the game.

Are you talking about Elway? Because we haven't had a QB do that since him.

CoachChaz
The guy brings in some solid vets to begin helping a bad defense but because the QB doesnt like to be a commodity, were relegated to misery forever. How in the hell does someone come up with that concept? Seriously people I'm curious. please explain to me how losing a QB with mediocre production relegates the team to the basement forever. I'm apparently incapable of grasping the concept

Buff
If you honestly can't afford them, then that's one thing...

But I don't understand where people get off boycotting the team over this. It's not their fault Cutler is being unreasonable. Sure, they could have done more to avoid getting to this point... But I just don't see how someone could call themselves a long time fan, and actually boycott the franchise over one misstep.

OB
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
This is a serious post. And for all those who are gloating about Cutler being gone, keep your crap to yourself. I just want to sell my tickets.

The economy made keeping them this year a little tough anyway, but with Pat Bowlen doing his best Al Davis impersonation, I have decided to sell my tickets for the season.

I have two seats in Section 307, row 15, seats 15/16 (aisle seats). This is one section away from where the coaches sit and is right in front of KOA's booth. The seats are under cover, so you never have to worry about the weather and they sit at about the 40 yard line.

I'm only selling the tickets, not the rights. The price is $6420.00 (face value) and includes a parking pass.

Would you be willing to do a 30 year note at 4.85%?

Also is lodging included?

turftoad
04-01-2009, 10:56 AM
The guy brings in some solid vets to begin helping a bad defense but because the QB doesnt like to be a commodity, were relegated to misery forever. How in the hell does someone come up with that concept? Seriously people I'm curious. please explain to me how losing a QB with mediocre production relegates the team to the basement forever. I'm apparently incapable of grasping the concept

Mediocre production Coach? It wasn't all Cutler that was mediocre. He was one of our best players.

Don't worry, we'll soon find out the defenition of mediocre QB production in the near future.
I'm not looking forward to it.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Mediocre production Coach? It wasn't all Cutler that was mediocre. He was one of our best players.

Don't worry, we'll soon find out the defenition of mediocre QB production in the near future.
I'm not looking forward to it.

Yeah...mediocre. 16th out of 32 in rating...that's kind of middle of the pack isn't it? 25 TD's to 18 picks...not the worst, but not stellar. 14th in completion %...again, somewhere in the middle.

No, he was one of 6 players to throw for over 4000 yards. Kind of impressive until you factor in that half of the six didnt make the playoffs and 2 others were wildcards

Yeah...mediocre

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah...mediocre. 16th out of 32 in rating...that's kind of middle of the pack isn't it? 25 TD's to 18 picks...not the worst, but not stellar. 14th in completion %...again, somewhere in the middle.

No, he was one of 6 players to throw for over 4000 yards. Kind of impressive until you factor in that half of the six didnt make the playoffs and 2 others were wildcards

Yeah...mediocre

Well, if you're going to make the argument that Cutler's production was mediocre, that's the way to do it.

I don't agree with that stance, but you make a valid case.

claymore
04-01-2009, 11:06 AM

Yeah...mediocre

One of 4 QB's in the last 2 years to throw for over 8000 yards, and score 40 or more TD's. And he is the youngest of the 4.
Brees, Manning, Cutler, and.... I forgot the forth.

To me that says top 5.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Well, if you're going to make the argument that Cutler's production was mediocre, that's the way to do it.

I don't agree with that stance, but you make a valid case.

I'm not going to say he couldnt be better...but I cant say this is as good as it gets.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:10 AM
One of 4 QB's in the last 2 years to throw for over 8000 yards, and score 40 or more TD's. And he is the youngest of the 4.

To me that says top 5.

Brees, Manning, Cutler, Romo. Count the post-season victories for all 4 combined. Then take Manning out of it and tell me how many wins you come up with.

Yards and TD's dont always mean success. Notice Roethlesberger, Eli, etc. arent on that list

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm not going to say he couldnt be better...but I cant say this is as good as it gets.

I'll take Trent Dilfer and a SB win to Cutler and 4000 yard, no playoff years anyday.

Mike
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Brees, Manning, Cutler, Romo. Count the post-season victories for all 4 combined. Then take Manning out of it and tell me how many wins you come up with.

Yards and TD's dont always mean success. Notice Roethlesberger, Eli, etc. arent on that list

Remind me how did Roethlesberger's and Eli's defense do again?

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:12 AM

EXACTLY!!! It takes a TEAM to win it all. not one QB with 4000 yards

OB
04-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Which makes the point.....we dont need an AWESOME QB and a below avg team - we need a GREAT team with an avg QB

Yes?

BroncoJoe

To me that says top 5.

Warner.

OB

Damn it you - you beat me to it :D

Mike
04-01-2009, 11:14 AM

Having a talented QB to throw in certainly doesn't hurt though. If Denver can trade Cutler and use what they get to build a defense on par with Pittsburgh or NYG then it will be worth it. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

claymore
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM

13-1 when our Defense allows 21 points or less. Who has a better winning percentage than that?

turftoad
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Yeah...mediocre

Cutler was the only thing on the team that wasn't mediocre.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Having a talented QB to throw in certainly doesn't hurt though. If Denver can trade Cutler and use what they get to build a defense on par with Pittsburgh or NYG then it will be worth it. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

That's kind of where I stand. If I can deal Cutler and end up with a decent QB and a better defense because of it, then I am a better team as a result

OB
13-1 when our Defense allows 21 points or less. Who has a better winning percentage than that?

Says it all

We need a strong TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Requiem / The Dagda

I hope this is hyperbole. I mean, Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall seemed to have pretty good years. . .

claymore
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
That's kind of where I stand. If I can deal Cutler and end up with a decent QB and a better defense because of it, then I am a better team as a result

That takes trust in McD and Xanders to draft well. I dont have that trust.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:18 AM
You got nothin' now Claymore. You have been broken. *dances*

turftoad
I hope this is hyperbole. I mean, Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall seemed to have pretty good years. . .

Yep, and Cutler had nothing to do with that. :tsk:

claymore
Says it all

We need a strong TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

So lets trade our star QB, for draft picks that might workout.

Dreadnought
He also was #10 in YPA (the most important QB stat IMO, far morer than completion %) and #2 in 20+ yard pass plays, behind only Drew Brees. Lord knows how much his YPA got screwed up by useless bubble screens :lol:

The argument that he wasn't productive doesn't hold water.

No matter - its done now; I cancelled my Sunday ticket last night. I simply have no interest in watching this product that McD is putting together. I'll spend more time with the family on Sundays this fall, as my wife has put up with my obsession for years. To me - and I've followed this team since Steve Tensi was QB - you have to like the organization you root for. Its not about any one player. I don't like McDaniels, and I'm getting to that point with Bowlen. I don't like McD's arrogance, his cockiness, his phony tough guy style, or his people skills. I have known people like him elsewhere and I don't like them either. I personally don't want them to succeed. Most importantly, I detest that my Broncos are becoming the kind of organization I hate, and I resent McD for making that happen. Its far beyond wins and losses now for me. I promise that I'll resubscribe to the Ticket within 24 hours of McD's firing. I hope I don't have to wait long.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep, and Cutler had nothing to do with that. :tsk:

The reverse could be true as well, turf.

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM

So you give him all the credit for the wins when the defense plays well, but none of the blame for the loses when the defense plays poorly? :confused:

How many times did Jay throw an early interception that caused us to play catch up the entire game?

How many times did the defense play well early and we ran the ball effectively keeping the other team off the field?

We could go and do a game by game analysis, but I would rather get drunk.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
He also was #10 in YPA (the most important QB stat IMO, far morer than completion %) and #2 in 20+ yard pass plays, behind only Drew Brees. Lord knows how much his YPA got screwed up by useless bubble screens :lol:

No matter - its done now; I cancelled my Sunday ticket last night. I simply have no interest in watching this product that McD is putting together. I'll spend more time with the family on Sundays this fall, as my wife has put up with my obsession for years. To me - and I've followed this team since Steve Tensi was QB - you have to like the organization you root for. Its not about any one player. I don't like McDaniels, and I'm getting to that point with Bowlen. I don't like McD's arrogance, his cockiness, his phony tough guy style, or his people skills. I have known people like him elsewhere and I don't like them either. I personally don't want them to succeed. Most importantly, I detest that my Broncos are becoming the kind of organization I hate, and I resent McD for making that happen. Its far beyond wins and losses now for me. I promise that I'll resubscribe to the Ticket within 24 hours of McD's firing. I hope I don't have to wait long.

Wow, Dread. Just wow.

red98
If you honestly can't afford them, then that's one thing...

But I don't understand where people get off boycotting the team over this. It's not their fault Cutler is being unreasonable. Sure, they could have done more to avoid getting to this point... But I just don't see how someone could call themselves a long time fan, and actually boycott the franchise over one misstep.

I'm not going to boycott the team either, though I think I'll hold off on buying
any jerseys until the season starts.

I don't see anything wrong with selling the tickets if you don't think the team's going to be that good this year and you can barely afford them anyway.

After reading the description of the seats though I sure was wishing I lived in CO and had an extra 6420.00 to spare!

claymore
So you give him all the credit for the wins when the defense plays well, but none of the blame for the loses when the defense plays poorly? :confused:

How many times did Jay throw an early interception that caused us to play catch up the entire game?

How many times did the defense play well early and we ran the ball effectively keeping the other team off the field?

We could go and do a game by game analysis, but I would rather get drunk.

So 21 points is playing well? I guess for us this is true...... How many points is considered poor play on the defensive side? 35 points? Is that fair?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:22 AM
How anyone could get this bent up over trading one player is beyond me. Getting rid of season tickets, canceling DirectTV, etc. Damn. I started dancing last night and took off my belt and popped open a Super Chill orange cola and got dummy. Then I traded Jay Cutler on Madden for Julius Peppers and three draft picks. It was KOOL.

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Wow.

OB
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM
How anyone could get this bent up over trading one player is beyond me. Getting rid of season tickets, canceling DirectTV, etc. Damn. I started dancing last night and took off my belt and popped open a Super Chill orange cola and got dummy. Then I traded Jay Cutler on Madden for Julius Peppers and three draft picks. It was KOOL.

OK if dream is the voice of reason - hell has really frozen over :tsk:

claymore
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Plummer love has killed all your brain cells./

Buff
04-01-2009, 11:30 AM

I just don't understand this mentality. To me, this is the very definition of being a fair-weather fan.

Even if I completely despised McDaniels, I still couldn't just disengage from the Broncos. It's just not possible for me.

claymore
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I just don't understand this mentality. To me, this is the very definition of being a fair-weather fan.

Even if I completely despised McDaniels, I still couldn't just disengage from the Broncos. It's just not possible for me.

I think it is realizing the thing you loved and rooted for has changed. If I wanted to root for the patriots or lions, I would. And thats a mixture of what McDaniels has brought us to.

Mike
04-01-2009, 11:33 AM

While I won't stop watching them, this offseason is the first time that I have been embarrassed to be a Bronco fan. The whole organization should be ashamed of themselves from Cutler to Bowlen.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
What are you talking about Buff? It is completely rationale behavior. Man, if my kid is on a sports team and ever acts like this, I am sending him to work with Akon in a diamond mine. Methinks Jay needed to go to military school as a pup -- I bet he wouldn't have such a hot head attitude and potty mouth had he done that.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
So 21 points is playing well? I guess for us this is true...... How many points is considered poor play on the defensive side? 35 points? Is that fair?

In our eight losses, we averaged a bit over 15 points.

Wow.

Requiem / The Dagda
I think this is my favorite off-season to be honest. I'd rather hear about whiny bitches like Cutler being traded than players like Darrent Williams and Damien Nash having their lives abruptly ended by nonsense. This is a much happier time. Transition time. It happens. Get excited, cause when you see Michael Crabtree flashin' signs and holding the Super Bowl trophy, you'll know Bill Devaroe and Josh McDaniels played ya'll keys like Ray Charles.

OB
I think it is realizing the thing you loved and rooted for has changed. If I wanted to root for the patriots or lions, I would. And thats a mixture of what McDaniels has brought us to.

I look at it like a family

We cant chose our loved ones but they are family - i will forgive them for mistakes and take what they do with a grain of salt - i may not always be pleased with their actions or decisions but it will never change how much i love them

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 11:35 AM

I think Dread just wants the right organization to root for. He doesn't want the Broncos to turn into the smug, arrogant, western version of the Patriots.

I don't agree, but I can see where he is coming from.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, Dread can always go and root for the Lions. It is closer for him anyways. His personality screams Detroit. :laugh:

Northman
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Doesnt matter, franchises have their down times and maybe this is one of them for Denver. I wasnt even a fan in the early days of the Broncos but i understand those were ten times worse than what we have now. I agree though, to abandon the team now is just fair weathered and hard for me to respect. :tsk:

turftoad
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Wow.

And I suppose thats all Jays fault. :tsk:

Thnikkaman
04-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I applaud you Broncos_Mtnman for voting with your dollar. If I could afford season tickets and felt that the Broncos weren't doing everything in their power to placate me as a fan/customer, I would do the same. In fact, I will do my best to avoid the franchise getting any money from me until I feel that they are trying to win again.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:42 AM
And I suppose thats all Jays fault. :tsk:

If he gets all the glory for the wins, shouldnt he get the blame for the losses?

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, Dread can always go and root for the Lions. It is closer for him anyways. His personality screams Detroit. :laugh:

See this stuff doesn't bother me at all. I have been a Cubs fan as long as I have been a Broncos fan so nothing really bothers me.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
If he gets all the glory for the wins, shouldnt he get the blame for the losses?

Glory for the wins??

All I've heard is about is his INT's and fumbles and how mediocre he is.

All the Cutler bashers are getting what they wished for.

Now we have to live with it.

Hope all the Jay bashers enjoy thier Sundays this year. You'll be watching below mediocrity.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Glory for the wins??

Hope all the Jay bashers enjoy thier Sundays this year. You'll be watching below mediocrity.

Win or lose, I enjoy watching my team play. They've had god-awful seasons in the past, and I've never stopped loving them.

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Win or lose, I enjoy watching my team play. They've had god-awful seasons in the past, and I've never stopped loving them.

It's the times like these that make it so great when you reach the peak again. :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah dude, I saw what happened to the Mariners about ten years ago and I realized the rabbit hole can get deeper and deeper. Oh well. I am not going to let any of this bother me. I just hope for awesome PICKS.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Glory for the wins??

It's been thrown around that CUTLER...not the Broncos...is 13-1 when the defense gives up less than 21 points.

If anything was consistent about Denver last year, it was the miserable play of the defense. Someone can look up the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet the D was about as bad in wins as it was in losses. So where is the difference? Take a look at Jay's numbers in wins vs. losses.

Then come back and tell me the defense is responsible for his shortcomings

turftoad
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Me niether Joe. However, Cutler gave us hope. He's a 25yr old very talented QB that I was hoping to be our QB for the next 10-15 years.

I don't like any of the other options out there right now, thats why I'm bummed.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM
It's the times like these that make it so great when you reach the peak again. :salute:

"Because only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."

One of my all time favorite quotes.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Me niether Joe. However, Cutler gave us hope. He's a 25yr old very talented QB that I was hoping to be our QB for the next 10-15 years.

I don't like any of the other options out there right now, thats why I'm bummed.

But that doesnt mean there are NO options to help us. As long as there is a possiblity that (example) we could make a deal for say...Quinn and Rogers and Rogers anchors the DL and Quinn has success in this system like he did in the past and we win 8-10 games...then we really cant judge anything just yet

turftoad
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
It's been thrown around that CUTLER...not the Broncos...is 13-1 when the defense gives up less than 21 points.

If anything was consistent about Denver last year, it was the miserable play of the defense. Someone can look up the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet the D was about as bad in wins as it was in losses. So where is the difference? Take a look at Jay's numbers in wins vs. losses.

Then come back and tell me the defense is responsible for his shortcomings

So who's out there that available that you like better?

claymore
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM

Wow.

And our defense averaged 33 points allowed.

Rex
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM

So they got beat 33-15

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM

Check the offensive production in those games. It's a bit hard on the defense when we continually turnover the ball, or go three-and-out.

claymore
04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Check the offensive production in those games. It's a bit hard on the defense when we continually turnover the ball, or go three-and-out.

Bubble screens and no running game played a factor in that.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Yeah Joe, Cutler is so shitty that half the league is lining up to trade for him.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
So who's out there that available that you like better?

I would not be disappointed with a deal for Quinn or Anderson with Rogers and a mid-round pick...maybe even swap firsts.

Rogers would fill a huge hole and allow us to find another defensive player and Quinn knows the system and Anderson is solid as well.

Everyone overlooks Anderson, but here is a 25 year old kid that went to the Pro-Bowl in his FIRST season as a starter. I know people like to throw the Pro-Bowl and Cutler thing out there, but let's not forget Anderson did it faster...with a lesser team.

To be honest...I'd take him over Quinn.

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Cue clock-radio: "I got you babe. . ."

First D.J.: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.
Second D.J.: It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?
First D.J.: Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing.
Second D.J.: [mockingly] That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"
First D.J.: Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting.
Second D.J.: Especially cold!
First D.J.: Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips...
Second D.J.: - On their chapped lips...
First D.J.: - On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow?
Second D.J.: Punxsutawney Phil!
First D.J.: Thats right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's
[in unison]
First D.J.: GROUNDHOG DAY!
Second D.J.: GROUNDHOG DAY!

turftoad
04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I would not be disappointed with a deal for Quinn or Anderson with Rogers and a mid-round pick...maybe even swap firsts.

Rogers would fill a huge hole and allow us to find another defensive player and Quinn knows the system and Anderson is solid as well.

Everyone overlooks Anderson, but here is a 25 year old kid that went to the Pro-Bowl in his FIRST season as a starter. I know people like to throw the Pro-Bowl and Cutler thing out there, but let's not forget Anderson did it faster...with a lesser team.

To be honest...I'd take him over Quinn.

I would to. At least we agree on that Coach. :D

Buff
04-01-2009, 12:33 PM

Right, and that is the definition of a fair-weather fan. That's what I'm saying.

I'm a 3rd generation Broncos fan, my grandfather used to drive 2 hours from Grand Junction to Glenwood Springs and stay in a hotel during the preseason because that was the only place he could see the games on TV. Some of my earliest memories are of watching Broncos games.

My point is that even if the Broncos sold the team to Al Davis, the franchise is so ingrained in my roots that I couldn't stop supporting them. So when I hear that someone is vowing to disengage from the team because of this, I tend to say "Good riddance, we don't want bandwagon fans like you anyway."

KCL
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
WOW MtnMan...look what you started...another Cutler vs McDaniel thread...:lol:

Anyone want to buy some tickets for some good seats? :D

Poet
04-01-2009, 12:45 PM

You see that SB drive/s?

Poet
04-01-2009, 12:47 PM

You guys had a great offensive line. In fact one could wonder how a lot of other players could do on a line that great. You guys had a great selection of targets to throw to. Cutler has a lot more on his offense than most other QBs. A lot of his success goes to that.

Dreadnought
04-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Right, and that is the definition of a fair-weather fan. That's what I'm saying.

I'm a 3rd generation Broncos fan, my grandfather used to drive 2 hours from Grand Junction to Glenwood Springs and stay in a hotel during the preseason because that was the only place he could see the games on TV. Some of my earliest memories are of watching Broncos games.

My point is that even if the Broncos sold the team to Al Davis, the franchise is so ingrained in my roots that I couldn't stop supporting them. So when I hear that someone is vowing to disengage from the team because of this, I tend to say "Good riddance, we don't want bandwagon fans like you anyway."

I have avoided a lot of these threads, and especially made a point of not insulting anyone who disagreed with me, because ths is some pretty volatile stuff. Thats a cheap shot, and I don't much apprecate it.

The kind of fan I would have less respect for is the sort who will support McD if he wins, but throw him under the bus if he fails, Fandom isn't about a uniform color; to me - and I've been a Bronco fan for far longer than you have been on Planet Earth - most especially because of the class of this organization. If you like a guy like McD running things then fine. Standf by him. I can't stand the type myself, and thats not subject to whether or not he wins games.

We are not the scumbag Raiders, or the Ravens or Cowboys with a roster loaded up with felons, goons, and thugs. We aren't the ****ed up Lions, and we sure as Hell aren't the Goddamned Patriots. If the team morphs into something other than a classy top shelf sports organization it traditionally has been then screw 'em.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
I disagree. i think there is validity to buff's point. Whether it's a coach or a player, any "fan" that makes their decision on how they feel about the TEAM based on what happens with one small portion of it, is definately fair-weathered and their loyalty has to be questioned.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
That is an overreaction!

turftoad
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I have avoided a lot of these threads, and especially made a point of not insulting anyone who disagreed with me, because ths is some pretty volatile stuff. Thats a cheap shot, and I don't much apprecate it.

The kind of fan I would have less respect for is the sort who will support McD if he wins, but throw him under the bus if he fails, Fandom isn't about a uniform color; to me - and I've been a Bronco fan for far longer than you have been on Planet Earth - most especially because of the class of this organization. If you like a guy like McD running things then fine. Standf by him. I can't stand the type myself, and thats not subject to whether or not he wins games.

We are not the scumbag Raiders, or the Ravens or Cowboys with a roster loaded up with felons, goons, and thugs. We aren't the ****ed up Lions, and we sure as Hell aren't the Goddamned Patriots. If the team morphs into something other than a classy top shelf sports organization it traditionally has been then screw 'em.

McDaniels has singlehandedly made a laughing stock of the Broncos.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
McDaniels has singlehandedly made a laughing stock of the Broncos.

Yeah, Cutler, Cook and Bowlen have had NOTHING to do with that

turftoad
04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I disagree. i think there is validity to buff's point. Whether it's a coach or a player, any "fan" that makes their decision on how they feel about the TEAM based on what happens with one small portion of it, is definately fair-weathered and their loyalty has to be questioned.

So just because Pat hires Josh means we HAVE to like him??

I will always support the Broncos but I really really don't like the way McD has come in and screwd things up. I don't like him.

That still doesn't mean I'm not a Broncos fan.

claymore
04-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Fair weathered deals with wins and losses. With your line of thinking, its ok to move the Broncos to LA, and the real fans never skip a beat.

Poet
04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Fair weathered deals with wins and losses. With your line of thinking, its ok to move the Broncos to LA, and the real fans never skip a beat.

Wrong. His line of thinking is talking specifically about a single player. You're talking about moving a team to another city, in this case another state. Most teams have the majority of their fans in their state and in their city. That is so different that it is not even funny.

Jay Cutler is JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME FOR THIS AS ANYONE ELSE. He had hurt feelings about being possibly traded and cried foul! Then he decided that his solution was to DEMAND THE SAME THING THAT HE CRIED FOUL OVER.

McDaniels is appearing to be a moron. Bowlen is appearing to be a moron. Jay Cutler is appearing to be a moron AND a whiny spoiled brat.

The funny thing about this is that Jay Cutler has every last tool a player could want on his offense and is STILL pretty random out on the field. The kid is going to be great, I'd take bets on it. But a great QB doesn't mean shit. Dallas has a great QB, my Bengals have a great QB, the Eagles have a great QB, the Chargers have a great QB, the Saints have a great QB. A great QB does not win SBs by himself. How many SBs did John Friggin Elway,one of the greatest QBs ever win by himself? My god, Cutler went from being overrated on this message board to being exalted like he is greater than the franchise. It is pathetic, really really pathetic.

Mtnman is not a bad fan for selling his tickets. I never saw him say I am not a fan, and as a fan you have the right to NOT give the owner of the team your money if you think he is a failing. I haven't given Mike Brown a penny of my money sans a single hat in my lifetime and I am a Bengals fan for life. I salute Mtnman and he and I are usually at each others throats.

I hate to play "who is a real fan" because of all the variation of fans there are some people root for a team because they were born there and it runs in the family (me). I had a buddy become a Seahawks fan because the first NFL game he watched start to finish was the game that Shaun Alexander scored something dumb like 5 TDs or something and he started cheering for them. Things like who plays for the team or what colors they have, or hell if you won a lot of money betting on them plays into it. So going "you're a bad fan" is stupid.

If you think McDaniels botched some things you are right. If think you Bowlen did as well you're right. If you think that Jay Cutler was so wronged that he is justified in demanding the same thing that caused him to cry then you are being silly.

The ironic thing is that Denver has the right things on offense to plug an average QB and have him be a good system guy.

OB
04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Wrong. His line of thinking is talking specifically about a single player. You're talking about moving a team to another city, in this case another state. Most teams have the majority of their fans in their state and in their city. That is so different that it is not even funny.

Jay Cutler is JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME FOR THIS AS ANYONE ELSE. He had hurt feelings about being possibly traded and cried foul! Then he decided that his solution was to DEMAND THE SAME THING THAT HE CRIED FOUL OVER.

McDaniels is appearing to be a moron. Bowlen is appearing to be a moron. Jay Cutler is appearing to be a moron AND a whiny spoiled brat.

The funny thing about this is that Jay Cutler has every last tool a player could want on his offense and is STILL pretty random out on the field. The kid is going to be great, I'd take bets on it. But a great QB doesn't mean shit. Dallas has a great QB, my Bengals have a great QB, the Eagles have a great QB, the Chargers have a great QB, the Saints have a great QB. A great QB does not win SBs by himself. How many SBs did John Friggin Elway,one of the greatest QBs ever win by himself? My god, Cutler went from being overrated on this message board to being exalted like he is greater than the franchise. It is pathetic, really really pathetic.

Mtnman is not a bad fan for selling his tickets. I never saw him say I am not a fan, and as a fan you have the right to NOT give the owner of the team your money if you think he is a failing. I haven't given Mike Brown a penny of my money sans a single hat in my lifetime and I am a Bengals fan for life. I salute Mtnman and he and I are usually at each others throats.

I hate to play "who is a real fan" because of all the variation of fans there are some people root for a team because they were born there and it runs in the family (me). I had a buddy become a Seahawks fan because the first NFL game he watched start to finish was the game that Shaun Alexander scored something dumb like 5 TDs or something and he started cheering for them. Things like who plays for the team or what colors they have, or hell if you won a lot of money betting on them plays into it. So going "you're a bad fan" is stupid.

If you think McDaniels botched some things you are right. If think you Bowlen did as well you're right. If you think that Jay Cutler was so wronged that he is justified in demanding the same thing that caused him to cry then you are being silly.

The ironic thing is that Denver has the right things on offense to plug an average QB and have him be a good system guy.

Awesome post King

And to think i was gonna come in and say something about your fat ass not being able to fit into a single seat, therefore you would have to purchase both just for you

But i will not say that now :D

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
So just because Pat hires Josh means we HAVE to like him??

I will always support the Broncos but I really really don't like the way McD has come in and screwd things up. I don't like him.

That still doesn't mean I'm not a Broncos fan.

Did I say that? or did I say disliking a coach or a player...and then deciding you dont like the team was disloyal?

claymore
04-01-2009, 01:40 PM

Cutler did one thing wrong. He didnt answer the phone, thats all. I blame McDaniels. Period.

I lost allot of respect for Bowlen over this. I dont know what situation could have been worse for the Broncos.

nevcraw
04-01-2009, 01:42 PM

what you are incapable of is being objective - not a crime.. most people are on one or other side of the fense.. you chose the coach - who's own production in his current position warrants as much if not more skeptcism as Cutler. Do not bash anyone for choosing sides with the guy they have watched and cheered for and see do some very good things in in his first couple of years..
A lot wanted Elway gone before the drive happened too... The Cutler bandwagon as the opostion has called it is not happy to see this thing derailed before it even really started.
People all say they choose the organization over players but no one is rooting for Pat Bowlen on Sunday..
I for one am bummed that this was mishandled by all parties so badly..

Poet
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Awesome post King

And to think i was gonna come in and say something about your fat ass not being able to fit into a single seat, therefore you would have to purchase both just for you

But i will not say that now :D

I was going to say that I've heard your ass was so big and round that you would have issues.....nevermind, Dreadnought is in the thread and he is a moderating bully!!!! :salute:

Poet
04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Cutler did one thing wrong. He didnt answer the phone, thats all. I blame McDaniels. Period.

I lost allot of respect for Bowlen over this. I dont know what situation could have been worse for the Broncos.

He did one thing wrong? He demanded a trade, he said trade me. He then did not answer his phone for TEN DAYS. Grown men don't act like that, and you don't act like that.

Blame it all on McDaniels if you want, but you'd be wrong.

You could be Raider fans. That's a start. :lol:

OB
04-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I was going to say that I've heard your ass was so big and round that you would have issues.....nevermind, Dreadnought is in the thread and he is a moderating bully!!!! :salute:

Hey there is nothing wrong with a phat round ass :D

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
what you are incapable of is being objective - not a crime.. most people are on one or other side of the fense.. you chose the coach - who's own production in his current position warrants as much if not more skeptcism as Cutler. Do not bash anyone for choosing sides with the guy they have watched and cheered for and see do some very good things in in his first couple of years..
A lot wanted Elway gone before the drive happened too... The Cutler bandwagon as the opostion has called it is not happy to see this thing derailed before it even really started.
People all say they choose the organization over players but no one is rooting for Pat Bowlen on Sunday..
I for one am bummed that this was mishandled by all parties so badly..

Read more before you decide on an adjective. I've said MANY times that my preference was for this to all go away and for Cutler to be our QB and flourish in McD's system. If that cant happen and Cutler insists on getting out of here, then we have to do the best we can to get what we can for him.

I've said countless times that I will not blame either side until I have information as to what really went on instead of the he said/she said crap. I've also refused to portray Cutler as a diety. he has produced mediocre numbers that show potential for greatness, but potential doesnt mean anything.

I hope this helps you the next time you decide what I'm thinking

Buff
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM

I stand by my statement.

Benetto
04-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I can understand 100% what mtnman is feeling.. I bought season tickets to the Lakers 2008 season, right before Kobe asked to be traded..I spend about 4 grand + to have the privilege of watching Kobe tear shit up...And was excited about it....As soon as he demanded his trade crap, I posted my tickets on craiglist and Ebay...Doesn't mean I was retiring from being a Lakers fan..but just not happy to have spent 4K on tickets when I was expecting to watch the NBAs best player every other night..

I have been rooting for the Broncos before Jay C was even born...The team is 52 players...Not one. And I'm sure Bmntman Feels the same, he was just expecting to spend 6 grand on watching Jay rack up the stats and put on a rocket show.

Poet
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey there is nothing wrong with a phat round ass :D

So so so true.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
I can understand 100% what mtnman is feeling.. I bought season tickets to the Lakers 2008 season, right before Kobe asked to be traded..I spend about 4 grand + to have the privilege of watching Kobe tear shit up...And was excited about it....As soon as he demanded his trade crap, I posted my tickets on craiglist and Ebay...Doesn't mean I was retiring from being a Lakers fan..but just not happy to have spent 4K on tickets when I was expecting to watch the NBAs best player every other night..

I have been rooting for the Broncos before Jay C was even born...The team is 52 players...Not one. And I'm sure Bmntman Feels the same, he was just expecting to spend 6 grand on watching Jay rack up the stats and put on a rocket show.

And a 4-4 home record last year.

Buff
04-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I stand by my statement.

Dread- Just to clarify, I didn't intend my statement to be directed at any one person. It was directed at the entire mass of people who have vowed to boycott the Broncos in one way or another. So, if you took offense, I apologize... But I really just have no respect for fans who jump the bandwagon for any reason. It wasn't intended as a cheap shot, but as a statement of fact.

It's just like Bowlen said to Jay--If you don't want to be here, we'll find someone who wants to be here. The same can be said of bandwagon fans-- If you don't want to be here anymore, or cheer for this team, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. (When I say you, I mean all broncos boycotters.)

Again, nothing personal, just my stance on this particular topic.

Benetto
04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
And a 4-4 home record last year.

I wont speak for anyone but myself....I usually buy tickets to absorb the entertainment value...not to make sure in person we win the game...

BroncoJoe
04-01-2009, 02:14 PM
I wont speak for anyone but myself....I usually buy tickets to absorb the entertainment value...not to make sure in person we win the game...

Gotcha. So, by the thread starters opinion, Cutler is/was the only entertainment value?

Benetto
04-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Gotcha. So, by the thread starters opinion, Cutler is/was the only entertainment value?

Could be...He hated Jake Plummer with a passion, and jumped to the sky when we drafted Jay C...So maybe...

When I bought Lakers season tickets I knew they would blow chunks that year, Pau was a pipe dream at that moment...but I was interested to watch the best NBA player at that time tear it up in person.

roomemp
04-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Well. I guess this post just about sums it up. The Broncos rid themselves of a lot of untalented players this year. They also rid themselves of the all the posers in the fan base. I bleed orange and blue and love my Denver Broncos till the very end. Its a shame not everybody on this forum feels the same way.

BroncoWave
04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
The reason I'm not panicking or declaring disaster for the Broncos is because I am a Mississippi State football fan, and compared to where that program has been over the last 10 years, this really isn't that bad at all.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
The reason I'm not panicking or declaring disaster for the Broncos is because I am a Mississippi State football fan, and compared to where that program has been over the last 10 years, this really isn't that bad at all.

Try being an Aggie. When Denver hits that low, then I'll worry

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Whoa is me...whoa is me...whoa is me.

:coffee:

nevcraw
04-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Read more before you decide on an adjective. I've said MANY times that my preference was for this to all go away and for Cutler to be our QB and flourish in McD's system. If that cant happen and Cutler insists on getting out of here, then we have to do the best we can to get what we can for him.

I've said countless times that I will not blame either side until I have information as to what really went on instead of the he said/she said crap. I've also refused to portray Cutler as a diety. he has produced mediocre numbers that show potential for greatness, but potential doesnt mean anything.

I hope this helps you the next time you decide what I'm thinking

Trust me I've read plenty.. Nobody on here as ever said he was a deity.. so by going after the so called supporters you are choosing sides. you can't be objective not objective all once.. sorry you felt misrepresented by my comments but as you did with my mine yours are being interpreted..
You are going after forum members who are pissed at the establishment and supporting cutler and then pretend to be objective.. does not work that way..

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
lame

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I bet your boy Crush will buy them.

Timmy!
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
WOW. This is getting friggin ridiculous. It's one player people. 1 player. Some of you have lost of damn minds.

Oh well, let the rats jump ship. Excuse me while I tie myself to the mast, cause if this franchise is going down, I'm going with it.

:salute:

turftoad
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
WOW. This is getting friggin ridiculous. It's one player people. 1 player. Some of you have lost of damn minds.

Oh well, let the rats jump ship. Excuse me while I tie myself to the mast, cause if this franchise is going down, I'm going with it.

Yeah, one player. The one player that he should have gotten along with.

Ahhhhhhhh.... worry about the "D" not the QB position when you gotta pro bowler.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Oh no - also Leach - OOOPS - he's also GONE :tsk:

Timmy!
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, one player. The one player that he should have gotten along with.

Ahhhhhhhh.... worry about the "D" not the QB position when you gotta pro bowler.

No doubt, McDouche screwed the pooch big time, I'm far from a McDouche backer. BUT, if that one player who is suppose to be a team leader is going to be a crybaby and does not want to be Denver Bronco (which is contrary to his "I play for my teammates BS"), then eff him. The whole situation makes me sick to my stomach, but I don't want Jay Cutler as the captain of favorite football team at this point. I'm loyal to the Broncos, not Jay Cutler, even if I think he has all the talent in the world.

Feel free to jump, but you gotta take a ticket because the line is so long. Now serving, #5,280.

G_Money
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
When you start to tear down a dilapidated house with what appears to be a good foundation before a rebuild, and then go about demolishing that foundation as well, I may call you overambitious, a poor planner, or even a fool, but I haven't seen the full blueprint nor how you will execute it.

All I've seen is you demolishing a perfectly good foundation for no apparent reason.

Maybe there IS a good reason. Maybe the good foundation was still not going to be adequate to support the house you were building.

I'll find out when you finish the house. If it falls over because you built it on sand after demolishing that foundation, I'm gonna know that you are indeed the idiot you looked like when you decided to start smashing concrete in the first place.

McDaniels sure looks like an idiot right now, but that doesn't make him one.

We'll find out as he implements his plan. Hopefully he plans the way John Elway threw into triple coverage. "Dammit John, what the hell are you thinki....GREAT THROW!"

*shrugs* As has been said, we're all Broncos fans, and I'd rather I'm wrong than McDaniels is. I really need McDaniels to be right about this, and about the replacement choice, so that we're not hunting for a new HC and a new franchise QB in 3 years.

Be right, Josh. I really hope you know what the hell you're doing, because watching you swing a sledgehammer this offseason isn't pretty.

~G

Krugan
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I really wonder how people sleep at night.

The man is just trying to offer his seat for the SEASON, not the RIGHTS!

But of course there are tons of people who only read what they want to read, and then feel the need to crap on others for the sake of crapping.

So love the disfunction.

Watchthemiddle
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I really wonder how people sleep at night.

The man is just trying to offer his seat for the SEASON, not the RIGHTS!

But of course there are tons of people who only read what they want to read, and then feel the need to crap on others for the sake of crapping.

So love the disfunction.

Ya, he only wants to offer the seats for the SEASON.....not the RIGHTS!

That way when the team is successful in a year, he can go back to sitting in those seats and cheer on the Broncos.

Joke.

Krugan
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM

That way when the team is successful in a year, he can go back to sitting in those seats and cheer on the Broncos.

Joke.

Well, the guy has season tickets, so at some point he must have chosen to be a Bronco Fan. You know rights to season tickets arent just easy to come by.

But hey, we all cant have insight to everyones reasoning.

turftoad
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM

Joke.

Wouldn't count on it.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Joke.

Not always good to assume. If you click on the ticket area on the Broncos HomePage, then Ticket Benefits/Policies - look under the "Account Transfers" Section, and you will see where it states:

Transfers are limited to an "Immediate Family Member", if a personal account. Therefore, for personal accounts, the rights are retained by the Broncos if you are selling your tickets to any one other than an immediate family member.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Not always good to assume. If you click on the ticket area on the Broncos HomePage, then Ticket Benefits/Policies - look under the "Account Transfers" Section, and you will see where it states:

Transfers are limited to an "Immediate Family Member", if a personal account. Therefore, for personal accounts, the rights are retained by the Broncos if you are selling your tickets to any one other than an immediate family member.

carol..

she's just so intricate....

i love it...:salute:

Broncos Mtnman
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
MtnMan...you're selling them for the whole season? If so...wouldn't it be easier to sell them for one game at a time? Just asking!

Yeah, they are great seats and it's the whole season. I'm hoping to sell them all at once, but if I don't, I'll use Stub Hub or something to sell them a game at a time.

DenverBronkHoes
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
keep ur seats.... u will feel better by september.....

broncophan
04-01-2009, 06:19 PM

Is your Cutler jersey included in the package price???

J/K.........good luck selling your tickets if that is really what you want to do....

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, they are great seats and it's the whole season. I'm hoping to sell them all at once, but if I don't, I'll use Stub Hub or something to sell them a game at a time.

Selling them one-at-a-time works out great if McD turns out to be able to get this team on track and we have some success.

On the other hand. .. if we take a nose-dive, your prices might plummet.

Good luck.

sneakers
04-01-2009, 11:49 PM
How is this thread not closed and locket yet? I read some ot the posts this morning (that were deleted) and thought it would have been toast by now.

Saying that....I think it is funny that the president of the Jay Cutler fan club is selling his tickets now (after leading the party that chased Plummer out of town)

Broncolingus
04-02-2009, 12:13 AM
I hope someone comes in and passes for 4000 yards and 30 TD's and we go to the playoffs. Then the fair-weathered fans can stew in their haste.

I hope Denver's defense doesn't allow every opposing QB to pass for 4000 yards and 30 TD's in every game this year...

With all this attention on McJaygate, I'm still trying (for the what? 7th or 8th year now?) to figure out how ANYTHING that's been done on the defensive line to get us past an 8-8 record...

slim
04-02-2009, 12:16 AM
How is this thread not closed and locket yet? I read some ot the posts this morning (that were deleted) and thought it would have been toast by now.

Saying that....I think it is funny that the president of the Jay Cutler fan club is selling his tickets now (after leading the party that chased Plummer out of town)

It's not closed because the mods have not closed it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Broncos Mtnman
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM

Glad to see everyone was able to avoid personal insults and attacks. Man, it's good to be part of such a great community.

But, back on topic....

For those who couldn't make up your mind, WE HAVE KYLE ORTON NOW!!

Better get in line to beat the rush....

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Glad to see everyone was able to avoid personal insults and attacks. Man, it's good to be part of such a great community.

But, back on topic....

we might EVEN GET SANCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!1!!111 one one...

Poet
04-04-2009, 03:53 PM

But, back on topic....

If I may ask, how long have you been a season ticket holder?

Broncos Mtnman
04-04-2009, 04:32 PM
If I may ask, how long have you been a season ticket holder?

Since 1994.

Poet
04-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Since 1994.

You are a good fan. I don't think you are less of a fan for breaking even on your tickets. Every fan has the right to voice their displeasure with their owner. Earlier in your thread I said that I haven't given the owner of my team (the Bengals and Mike Brown) a dollar sans one hat that I bought.

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Let them all go. Obviously they are Jay Cutler fans and not Bronco fans. When they start winning they'll all be back, Jay will be forgotten and probably wearing the jersey of the new qb.

That's what happens, sadly, when you spend 3yrs blasting players that aren't up to your "standards", and gloat when "your guy" is brought in.

In the meantime, the rest of us "average fans" just sit back, and wait for the shit to hit the fan.

Funny.....

...I couldn't have written a funnier ending to the Jay/Jake debate. :lol:

Poet
04-04-2009, 04:44 PM
That's what happens, sadly, when you spend 3yrs blasting players that aren't up to your "standards", and gloat when "your guy" is brought in.

In the meantime, the rest of us "average fans" just sit back, and wait for the shit to hit the fan.

Funny.....

...I couldn't have written a funnier ending to the Jay/Jake debate. :lol:
What if Jay Cutler left Denver wearing a bright red clown nose?

Just for debates sake.

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Good Lord guys...just because he has tickets for sale...he is a loser...:rolleyes:
Sounds like good seats...not for me but for someone.

MtnMan...you're selling them for the whole season? If so...wouldn't it be
easier to sell them for one game at a time? Just asking!

shut up, kcl....

...can't you see we're gloating!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Or 4th Qtr int's in the redzones....

.....aaah.......memories..... :coffee:

atwater27
04-04-2009, 04:52 PM

I hope someone does too, Chaz. And I will be the manmeat in your stew.

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM

They lose their bragging rights to all of their buddies/co-workers.

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Would you be willing to do a 30 year note at 4.85%?

Also is lodging included?

you could stop in omaha on the way up, H, and I'd let you stop here for a layover.
*or under.....I'm not picky*

did I just say that outloud?

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:15 PM

To me that says top 5.

Yeah....

...grrrreat for fantasy football fans.....

...but not for winning games/playoffs.

Frankly, it's embarrassing for the number of completions/attempts your boi threw, and only had 25td's. Mediocrity, at it's best.

atwater27
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah....

...grrrreat for fantasy football fans.....

...but not for winning games/playoffs.

Frankly, it's embarrassing for the number of completions/attempts your boi threw, and only had 25td's. Mediocrity, at it's best.

Good thing Orton is here to show us how it's done! Jay WHo? LMAO!!!

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM

LMAO!

Thanks for making my point without me having to type, Mike! :laugh:

They were "game managers'. They didn't lose games.....see trent dilfer!

And if McD is trying to fix the D, while having a mediocre QB, what's so different?

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:48 PM

I dunno, clay - why don't you do some looking and let us know!

Looks to me like that was the ONLY positive thing they could say about cut-n-run'er, so they ran with it.

And exactly, HOW many teams, exactly, can't score more than 21pts? :rolleyes: (other than your boi, vs tenn/jax/ne/kc/oak, etc)

And this GREAT offense, that was #2 in the league? That's YARDS only! Again, fantasy football fans revel in that....but when you're 16th in points (mediocre?), I'd say he wasn't getting it done. Just like in college. Just like in HS. Just like in Pop Warner. (guessing, haha)

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:50 PM

And cut-n-run'er said it himself:

'wr's don't make the qb, and the qb doesn't make the wr!'

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
That takes trust in McD and Xanders to draft well. I dont have that trust.

Wow....

...why live? :tsk:

Where's GMoney? Maybe he can write your obit! :D

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 06:01 PM

An attitude like that, DN, and you know who is going to get re-elected.

Come to the light..........

Thnikkaman
04-04-2009, 06:05 PM

He is on his way to a Marc Bulger like Career.

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 06:07 PM

Exactly!!!!

Funny how what works for cut-n-run'er, wasn't fitting for Jake, isn't it?

Hypocritical fans at their finest. :coffee:

Thnikkaman
04-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Is there something wrong with me that I feel like I am seeing the light and am getting excited about next season. The only problem I have had with McDaniels right now is getting rid of the Long Snapper.

The past 3 years have all been seasons where we have played lights out until about week 8, and then we fall apart. I like Shanahan, and am grateful for the years he spent with Denver, but it was time for a change. I like that Bowlen saw how the situation was evolving and said, "I'm tired of this shit. This ends now". If he was Al Davis, they would still be trading blows in the Media.

I am also relieved that I don't have to wait for Cutler to get his head out of his ass. When is the last time you saw Cutler throw a pass away? I loved his accuracy, and his arm, but he was Favre like. And I don't like how Favre played the game. Like Favre, Cutler will be a stat compiler, not a winner unless he grows up.

I respect all of your decisions to walk away from the Broncos, and it would make me less of a man if somehow, someway we end up 6-2 by week 8 and you guys are all back in the mix.

Mntnman, if I was in a better place financially, and lived in Denver, I would buy your seats off of you in a heartbeat. I grew up with my Grandfather having season tickets and my fondest memories growing up were the 2 games or so I would get to go to with him. I would love to be able to take him to one last game before he leaves us.

Superchop 7
04-05-2009, 08:14 AM
They don't understand, they are so blind and stupid that they just don't get it.

pnbronco
04-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Thnik I am so feeling the same way. I have a lot more issues with getting rid of Leach. Mike was a 100% team player, so accurate and great on special teams blocking and a decent back up tight end. He knew his job and did it the best he could every single game.

I liked what I heard about Orton from Urlacter, I really, really respect Urlacher. My hope is the Orton and Simms are "team" players. That they find a way to make the Broncos a team that works for each other and bring it every single Sunday. I don't expect a good record this year, but find a way to beat the teams you are suppose to.

I am a Avs fan so I get being a fan when you are 29th out of 30 teams, still love them. Carol you are such the voice of logic and reason thank you for always keeping us informed.

atwater27
04-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Like Favre, Cutler will be a stat compiler, not a winner unless he grows up.

Favre is a winner. Jesus Christ. You guys are out of control. and I will take 1 Favres/Cutlers over ten Orton/Cassell.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Favre is a winner. Jesus Christ. You guys are out of control. and I will take 10 Favres/Cutlers over one Orton/Cassell.

:confused:

I think you messed up your thought on this...

claymore
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Favre is a winner. Jesus Christ. You guys are out of control. and I will take 10 Favres/Cutlers over one Orton/Cassell.

I think Cutlers Better than Farve. But my hate for Farve blinds me. I think Orton might be better for us than Jay. But Im mildly buzzed. I think we robbed the Bears.

Lonestar
04-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by CoachChaz

Exactly!!!!

Funny how what works for cut-n-run'er, wasn't fitting for Jake, isn't it?

Hypocritical fans at their finest. :coffee:

Yet Jake won 75% or so of his games.. but he did not have a rocket arm.. so he was a loser..

Sad to see jay go cause he could have been something special and may be some day.. But the odds I suspect will happen is he will be a great potential guy and become a coach killer unless they find another shanahan type that drools over the arm and lets him run wild..

Sorry just like tater lots of potential but was to late for them to figure out they were not John and TD respectively..

IMHO jay was a strong armed greasy.. moody, bright, not a people person..

Poet
04-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I think Cutlers Better than Farve. But my hate for Farve blinds me. I think Orton might be better for us than Jay. But Im mildly buzzed. I think we robbed the Bears.

What??!!??!?!

Brett Farve is one of the greatest football players, let alone QBs of all time. If you aren't talking about right now then you have lost your damn mind.

Thnikkaman
04-05-2009, 11:35 PM
What??!!??!?!

Brett Farve is one of the greatest football players, let alone QBs of all time. If you aren't talking about right now then you have lost your damn mind.

I will argue this to my death that the only things that made Favre great were his durability, and his stats.

My opinion of you may change as his career gets smaller in the rear view since it appears that unlike Cutler, he can win games when his Defense gives up lots of points.

Shazam!
04-05-2009, 11:44 PM
What??!!??!?!

It is easy for Broncos fans to say 'Brett Favre sucks' because Denver kicked the shit out of him and his Packers in a Super Bowl. A Bengals fan couldn't possibly understand.

rcsodak
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Favre is a winner. Jesus Christ. You guys are out of control. and I will take 1 Favres/Cutlers over ten Orton/Cassell.

How about during Holy Week, you not use profane language. That'd be a start...unless you have to use it to make your point.

And in your 'choice', above, that'd mean 1 SB over 15yrs vs an unknown future.

Oh yeah....and THE most INT's EVER THROWN in the NFL, among his many useless records.

Like I've said repeatedly....

...cut-n-run'er is a great fantasy football qb.

weazel
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Favre was a winner
Cutler may be a winner

I wonder if Cutler will compile as many INT's as Favre did?

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Favre was a winner
Cutler may be a winner

I wonder if Cutler will compile as many INT's as Favre did?

you meant wiener...right? :laugh: