PDA

View Full Version : Peppers and Delhomme for Cutler?

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Panthers fan here with a hypothetical question - would y'all take Peppers and Delhomme in a trade for Cutler?

BroncoWave
03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Throw in a 2010 first rounder and I'm on board.

sneakers
03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
nope. I would not like that....but welcome to BroncosForums!

UnderArmour
03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Jake Plummer>Jake Delhomme. Seriously.

slim
Hell no.

FanInAZ

Let them keep Peppers and Delhomme and just give us the first rounder

Krugan
03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Panthers fan here with a hypothetical question - would y'all take Peppers and Delhomme in a trade for Cutler?

Interesting to see another teams fan give that much value for Cutler.

Interesting.

CatMan72

Ouch...

With Peppers you get 14.5 sacks and with Delhomme you get a stop-gap at the position who could potentially help take the Broncos to the playoffs.

Requiem / The Dagda
Julius Peppers, your second rounder this year and third rounder this year along with a 2010 first and you got yourself a deal. Otherwise, NO WAY JOSE.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:23 PM

LOL, how many times did "Jake the fake... er snake" throw for 300 yards against the Patriots in the SB?

Before this recent playoff debacle, Delhomme had one of the highest playoff QB ratings in NFL history.

BroncoWave
03-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Ouch...

With Peppers you get 14.5 sacks and with Delhomme you get a stop-gap at the position who could potentially help take the Broncos to the playoffs.

The reason I'd want the first in 2010 is so that Delhomme could be the stopgap guy this year and we package our first and your first next year and move up to get Bradford, unless our first is good enough to get him anyway. With that deal, you guys get a stud in Cutler and we get a stud in Peppers and potentially Bradford.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Interesting to see another teams fan give that much value for Cutler.

Interesting.

Despite everything else, he's a young franchise QB that could bring a quality organization like the Panthers success for many years to come.

UnderArmour
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
LOL, how many times did "Jake the fake... er snake" throw for 300 yards against the Patriots in the SB?

Before this recent playoff debacle, Delhomme had one of the highest playoff QB ratings in NFL history.

If Plummer got to play in your shitty division for the past 4 years, he would've won home field advantage every year. Delhomme just isn't anything special.

EMB6903
Delhomme is horrible, no thanks

give me this years and next years first along with Peppers and Im on board.

CatMan72
Julius Peppers, your second rounder this year and third rounder this year along with a 2010 first and you got yourself a deal. Otherwise, NO WAY JOSE.

You're high on crack... LOL

I wouldn't make that trade for Joe friggin Montana...

Peppers and Dumervil could be a pretty nasty combo.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Well, Catman -- I have some news for you. In a trade for Jay Cutler, you won't come out 'raping' anybody. That will be our doing.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:28 PM
If Plummer got to play in your shitty division for the past 4 years, he would've won home field advantage every year. Delhomme just isn't anything special.

A fan of an AFC west team calling the NFC south a shitty division, now that's funny.

Oakland = shit
KC = shit
Chargers = shit
Broncos w/o Cutler = shit

What does Plummer playing in the NFC south have to do with throwing for 300+ yards in the SB against the Pats?

EMB6903
03-31-2009, 10:28 PM
^^^ you guys are going to lose Peppers anyways

dogfish
03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
cutler for delhomme, straight up. . . .

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, Catman -- I have some news for you. In a trade for Jay Cutler, you won't come out 'raping' anybody. That will be our doing.

Who is talking about rape????

Panthers + Cutler = championship. Can you even imagine what Cutler could do with a running game and a defense... uh well no, I guess you can't. LOL

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
^^^ you guys are going to lose Peppers anyways

Uh, no we're not unless we want to - it's a little thing called the "franchise tag".

BroncoWave
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Who is talking about rape????

Panthers + Cutler = championship. Can you even imagine what Cutler could do with a running game and a defense... uh well no, I guess you can't. LOL

The Panthers are going to have to part with some high draft picks if they want Cutler. That's just all there is to it. If the Panthers are a QB (Cutler) away from a championship as you say they are, then you guys shouldn't need those precious draft picks.

DenBronx
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
A fan of an AFC west team calling the NFC south a shitty division, now that's funny.

Oakland = shit
KC = shit
Chargers = shit
Broncos w/o Cutler = shit

What does Plummer playing in the NFC south have to do with throwing for 300+ yards in the SB against the Pats?

i agree with this guy...

broncos w/o cutler = shit

Requiem / The Dagda
03-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Panthers won't get Cutler. IN YOUR MADDIN DREAMs.

Foochacho
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
I say no because I want him to suffer. Let him rot in detroit.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
The Panthers are going to have to part with some high draft picks if they want Cutler. That's just all there is to it. If the Panthers are a QB (Cutler) away from a championship as you say they are, then you guys shouldn't need those precious draft picks.

I'd give you Peppers along with our 3rd this year and 1st next year for Cutler.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Panthers won't get Cutler. IN YOUR MADDIN DREAMs.

Look up the word "hypothetical".

GEM
03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Despite everything else, he's a young franchise QB that could bring a quality organization like the Panthers success for many years to come.

Just tell your coach not to entertain trade talks that involve him or he'll turn your quality organization upside down.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
i agree with this guy...

LOL, I feel for you guys - we're going through the same thing with Peppers but we slapped the tag on him.

You never know what might await you post-Cutler. You could get Bradford next year and all be wearing "JAY WHO?" t-shirts in the playoffs.

EMB6903
03-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Uh, no we're not unless we want to - it's a little thing called the "franchise tag".

Really?

tell me more!

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Just tell your coach not to entertain trade talks that involve him or he'll turn your quality organization upside down.

LOL, not a problem - the Panthers don't trade anyone (even when they should).

Devilspawn
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Don't fall in love with that talent Cutler has. He rarely puts it to good use.

The boy is good between the 20s. If he were better within the 20, this would never have happened and MAYBE their playoff run ends in Pittsburgh.

His attitude in this whole fiasco, despite McDaniels' role, shows a guy who leads with tears, not by example. He yelled at Eddie Royal. Can you imagine him yelling at Steve Smith.

Sure he'll have a tremendous run game, but he's error prone at bad times. He had Bin Laden protection but failed to terrorize defenses.

Delhomme can be downright brutal, but he's won before and that pedigree can carry him to push himself to further heights.

I would welcome the trade because Peppers won't make the Broncos defense any better and Delhomme facing the Raiders twice a year is like a bubble bath with 44 virgins... assuming we can put up some damn points!

But I would fear that Delhomme would give them 9 wins, which in this division may give them a 5 game cushion going into Week 17.

If you want Cutler, kiss the South goodbye. You can engage in debates with Falcons fans about Cutler > Ryan while they, like Chargers fans, will point to the scoreboard. And like Chargers fans, they'll be right.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Really?

tell me more!

:rolleyes:

EMB6903
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Cutler is an amazing QB who puts his talents to use on a consistent basis, dont listen to the haters

Cutler is one of the best young Quarterbacks in this league and will dominate where ever he goes

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:44 PM

The boy is good between the 20s. If he were better within the 20, this would never have happened and MAYBE their playoff run ends in Pittsburgh.

His attitude in this whole fiasco, despite McDaniels' role, shows a guy who leads with tears, not by example. He yelled at Eddie Royal. Can you imagine him yelling at Steve Smith.

Sure he'll have a tremendous run game, but he's error prone at bad times. He had Bin Laden protection but failed to terrorize defenses.

Delhomme can be downright brutal, but he's won before and that pedigree can carry him to push himself to further heights.

I would welcome the trade because Peppers won't make the Broncos defense any better and Delhomme facing the Raiders twice a year is like a bubble bath with 44 virgins... assuming we can put up some damn points!

But I would fear that Delhomme would give them 9 wins, which in this division may give them a 5 game cushion going into Week 17.

If you want Cutler, kiss the South goodbye. You can engage in debates with Falcons fans about Cutler > Ryan while they, like Chargers fans, will point to the scoreboard. And like Chargers fans, they'll be right.

You make some good points, and if he mouthed off to Smitty he'd be in intensive care... LOL

I think the jury is still out on Cutler, this is not a knock on Denver but he's never had a consistent run game like the Panthers do which would make his job (especially in the red zone) a heck of allot easier.

EMB6903
03-31-2009, 10:44 PM

lol @ this post

Unlike the Broncos... Panthers have a solid defense you act like Cutler is the biggest reason we lost 8 games last year :tsk:

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Cutler is an amazing QB who puts his talents to use on a consistent basis, dont listen to the haters

Cutler is one of the best young Quarterbacks in this league and will dominate where ever he goes

Yup, things just didn't work out in Denver and that sucks for you guys... but Cutler is going to have an amazing career when it's all said and done.

NickelTG
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd give you Peppers along with our 3rd this year and 1st next year for Cutler.

Wouldn't be bad if we could find a dedicated fan from the crowd to throw the ball to the receivers.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:47 PM
lol @ this post

Unlike the Broncos... Panthers have a solid defense you act like Cutler is the biggest reason we lost 8 games last year :tsk:

Agreed, from the outside looking in it's clear that Cutler was not "the problem". The problem is no running game and a defense that can't get off the field.

Denver27og
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
i agree with this guy...

and i totally agree as well... broncos with mcdick = shit

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Wouldn't be bad if we could find a dedicated fan from the crowd to throw the ball to the receivers.

You know, to be honest Chris Simms isn't that bad. He's not gonna put a team on his back and win games with his arm, but he's a decent game manager and with a weapon like Eddie Royal you never know...

getlynched47
03-31-2009, 10:49 PM

Two players past the prime of their career for a 25 year old Pro Bowl Quarterback? :lol:

Give us your entire draft for 09 and 2010 and it's a deal :coffee:

hotcarl
03-31-2009, 10:51 PM
yes

close thread

tia
~carl
:welcome:

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:51 PM
and i totally agree as well... broncos with mcdick = shit

I think you guys picked some pretty low-hanging fruit from the Bellicheat coaching tree... I was shocked that Denver didn't go with a defense-oriented head coach... the offense was not the problem last year.

G_Money
03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Cutler would be a monster for the Panthers, especially since they already have leaders and he doesn't have to be the sole one.

Peppers makes me nervous because it's a large contract to take on for an aging guy who wants to switch to a new position.

Delhomme would feel right at home here because we have his old OC and an offense he should slide right into. Jake does stupid things in bunches, but in most games he's fine. He just has those 5 INT games that make you want to cry. He'd adore our OL.

McDaniels needs to get a QB who can carry instant production, because he can't wait the 3-4 years for a rookie to grasp it. Some rooks do well their first year, but most of them do it because all the other pieces on O and D are in place, and we don't have that luxury.

It's a reasonable trade. Add a draftpick based on Cutler's performance (since he's gonna tear it up, it'll be a high one) and I think McDaniels would have to look hard at it. It takes a big chunk of change to get Peppers done, though, and I don't think we have it, not with the added salary of Delhomme to absorb.

So in theory it solves some of McD's issues (quality pass-rusher, vet QB who knows the system and can win games, dumping of Cutler) but does it actually work in the real world?

*shrugs* If it works, it's not a long-term fix at QB, but it buys McDaniels wins and time, which is what he really wants.

~G

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Two players past the prime of their career for a 25 year old Pro Bowl Quarterback? :lol:

Give us your entire draft for 09 and 2010 and it's a deal :coffee:

Bold words coming from a fan of a team with no pass rush when discussing a "past his prime" guy that had 14.5 sacks last year.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Cutler would be a monster for the Panthers, especially since they already have leaders and he doesn't have to be the sole one.

Peppers makes me nervous because it's a large contract to take on for an aging guy who wants to switch to a new position.

Delhomme would feel right at home here because we have his old OC and an offense he should slide right into. Jake does stupid things in bunches, but in most games he's fine. He just has those 5 INT games that make you want to cry. He'd adore our OL.

McDaniels needs to get a QB who can carry instant production, because he can't wait the 3-4 years for a rookie to grasp it. Some rooks do well their first year, but most of them do it because all the other pieces on O and D are in place, and we don't have that luxury.

It's a reasonable trade. Add a draftpick based on Cutler's performance (since he's gonna tear it up, it'll be a high one) and I think McDaniels would have to look hard at it. It takes a big chunk of change to get Peppers done, though, and I don't think we have it, not with the added salary of Delhomme to absorb.

So in theory it solves some of McD's issues (quality pass-rusher, vet QB who knows the system and can win games, dumping of Cutler) but does it actually work in the real world?

*shrugs* If it works, it's not a long-term fix at QB, but it buys McDaniels wins and time, which is what he really wants.

~G

Excellent point on Mike McCoy your new OC who is Delhomme's old QB coach at Carolina!

"Does stupid things in bunches" can't put it any better than that, but he also does great things in bunches.

Italianmobstr7
03-31-2009, 10:58 PM
I have a friend at work who is a Panthers fan who has brought this up too. Hell no. Delhomme sucks. Peppers is amazing, but still not worth it unless we get picks too.

hotcarl
03-31-2009, 10:58 PM
posted for new page please heed my advice tia

yes

close thread

tia
~carl

Devilspawn
03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
lol @ this post

Who cares about the defense. It's not all about the defense. The defense is abysmal, you win that war. But when the offense is #2 in stats but #16 in scoring, the defense isn't in the equation. If they were top 7 in BOTH categories, then I'd lay off Cutler.

He's not a leader. He's just a QB with great arm strength. I'd cut him more slack if his recent attitude didn't reflect what we've seen on the field, which is a lack of maturity to come out on top of the situation. If he took the high road and McDaniels forced the trade himself, then yeah.

It's not ALL Cutler. But it's not all defense, either.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
I have a friend at work who is a Panthers fan who has brought this up too. Hell no. Delhomme sucks. Peppers is amazing, but still not worth it unless we get picks too.

Delhomme sucked in the playoff game against the Cardinals but look at his career, he has better stats than Cutler...

I'd give you Delhomme, Peppers a 3rd this year and conditional 1st next year based on Cutler's performance.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Who cares about the defense. It's not all about the defense. When the offense is #2 in stats but #16 in scoring, the defense isn't in the equation.

Or did you forget that Cutler lost two games in three seasons with the playoffs on the line, at home, but a total of 10 points.

He's not a leader. He's just a QB with great arm strength. I'd cut him more slack if his recent attitude didn't reflect what we've seen on the field, which is a lack of maturity to come out on top of the situation.

It's not ALL Cutler. But it's not all defense, either.

3rd in offense and 16th in scoring = no running game.

You guys really should trade your way up in the draft to get Moreno... he'd be a beast in the Denver zone blocking scheme.

hotcarl
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Delhomme sucked in the playoff game against the Cardinals but look at his career, he has better stats than Cutler...

I'd give you Delhomme, Peppers a 3rd this year and conditional 1st next year based on Cutler's performance.

ok thanks ill take it

peace

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
ok thanks ill take it

peace

Your welcome.

EMB6903
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
lol @ he has better stats then Cutler

Cutlers been in the league 3 years, its stupid to even use that argument

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 11:15 PM
lol @ he has better stats then Cutler

Cutlers been in the league 3 years, its stupid to even use that argument

Okay, let's compare the last 3 full seasons of Delhomme to Cutler...

Here are the facts, Delhomme is a proven playoff winner who had one hell of a game in the SB against the Patriots dynasty. Anyone that turns their nose up at Delhomme because of one bad playoff game is a fool.

omac
03-31-2009, 11:18 PM

Jake Delhomme went toe-to-toe with Brady in the Superbowl, playing really clutch, and got his team a sniff away from the win, until the botched kickoff. He also played pretty clutch throughout that year and the playoffs. I give the nod to Delhomme, although he did self-destruct last year.

omac
03-31-2009, 11:20 PM

Here are the facts, Delhomme is a proven playoff winner who had one hell of a game in the SB against the Patriots dynasty. Anyone that turns their nose up at Delhomme because of one bad playoff game is a fool.

I'm a fan of Delhomme; I think he's a clutch player, and his performance in the playoffs last season was an exception, not the rule. No need to dis Cutler, though; the team was riding on his shoulders.

EMB6903
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM

Delhomme had a defense and a great run game along with one of the #1 offensive weapons in the game. Its stupid to compare a veterans last 3 years in the league to a young QB's FIRST 3 years in the league... Cutler is much better than Delhomme you are blind if you fail to see that.

It isnt even a comparison.

Italianmobstr7
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM

He had them in the Super Bowl in 2003. It's 6 years later now. Good for Delhomme and him being good in the playoffs (until recently). Delhomme isn't half the QB Cutler is. Like I said, Peppers is good but it's still not enough. If Jared Allen is worth 2 1sts and a player, then Cutler is worth just as much, if not more than that. I just flat out wouldn't want Delhomme so there's no way that I would make a trade with the Panthers, unless they were giving us Jonathan Stewart or Deangelo Williams and Julius Peppers.

Devilspawn
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
3rd in offense and 16th in scoring = no running game.

You guys really should trade your way up in the draft to get Moreno... he'd be a beast in the Denver zone blocking scheme.
I'm actually a Raider fan. We use the same scheme though.

I would buy the run thing, but they weren't anemic. They averaged something like 115 yards per game, which is not stellar, but 13 games they had over 100 yards rushing. People say Oakland had a better rushing attack, but they only had 7 games of 100+ yards.

The Panthers run game is tremendous, but I just don't see it. Its Cutler's attitude on and off the field that's making me so critical of him.

NickelTG
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM

Take into consideration Jay is a stud right now..Delhomme has had good games,and I wouldn't put him down,but he's just not appealing after seeing Cutler. If I was a panther's fan,I sure as hell wouldn't blame the effort.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Take into consideration Jay is a stud right now..Delhomme has had good games,and I wouldn't put him down,but he's just not appealing after seeing Cutler. If I was a panther's fan,I sure as hell wouldn't blame the effort.

Yeah, right now Cutler > Delhomme simply based on age and potential.

Delhomme is not a replacement for Cutler, but along with our 1st round pick next year he could be a good stop-gap until you bring another young guy in there.

CatMan72
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM

Oh, and FYI... the Panthers were 4-0 against the AFC west last year.

Superchop 7
03-31-2009, 11:44 PM
If we can throw in McDaniels......you've got a deal.

NickelTG
03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, right now Cutler > Delhomme simply based on age and potential.

Delhomme is not a replacement for Cutler, but along with our 1st round pick next year he could be a good stop-gap until you bring another young guy in there.

Never said it wouldn't be a somewhat reasonable trade. I don't think that trade would ever equate into a super bowl(for denver obviously) before both of them retired.

Devilspawn
03-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Never said it wouldn't be a somewhat reasonable trade. I don't think that trade would ever equate into a super bowl(for denver obviously) before both of them retired.
I don't get this. You said Jay is a stud. The Panthers have a devastating rushing attack and a defense that can still be solid enough without Peppers. Would Cutler succeed in Denver in slightly lesser conditions (a good but not great defense, strong but not spectacular run game) but not in Carolina?

NickelTG
04-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't get this. You said Jay is a stud. The Panthers have a devastating rushing attack and a defense that can still be solid enough without Peppers. Would Cutler succeed in Denver in slightly lesser conditions (a good but not great defense, strong but not spectacular run game) but not in Carolina?

Of course he would succeed in Carolina. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I don't see how the conditions could get a lot worse here as far as defensively. I was referring to Peppers and Delhomme (retire).

Devilspawn
04-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Of course he would succeed in Carolina. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I don't see how the conditions could get a lot worse here as far as defensively. I was referring to Peppers and Delhomme (retire).
Sorry about that. I misread it and thought you meant Delhomme and Cutler.

LRtagger
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM

I would take that. I hate Delhomme, but we can draft a guy this year or next.

broncohead
04-01-2009, 11:08 AM
The Charlotte Observer reiterated emphatically Wednesday that "dealing for Jay Cutler simply isn't something the Panthers are interested in doing."

The always staid Panthers place a high priority on character, and they have serious concerns about Cutler and his lack of leadership. Despite Chris Mortensen's speculation to the contrary, the Broncos are not high on Julius Peppers' list of possible destinations.
Source: Charlotte Observer

BroncoNut
04-01-2009, 11:10 AM

yes.

Bronco Bible
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM

**cough** LOSER **cough**

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:40 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-11/Could-Carolina-be-a-Cutler-possibility-.html

Could Carolina be a Cutler possibility?

April 1, 2009 11:51 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

TAMPA, Fla. -- I'm out at One Buc Place for minicamp, but the Bucs might not be the only NFC South team that could get involved in the Jay Cutler sweepstakes.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen thinks the Panthers could be a contender because they could offer disgruntled defensive end Julius Peppers in a trade. Hey, it makes sense on a lot of levels and both teams could get rid of headaches. I'm thinking the Panthers probably would have to add a draft pick or two along with Peppers to make a deal work.

But keep in mind that moves like this are totally out of character for coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney, who have a strong loyalty to incumbent quarterback Jake Delhomme. Sure, there may be some questions about Cutler, but the Panthers already have plenty of questions with Peppers.

I still think it's a long shot that Carolina even gets involved in the Cutler situation. But you have to at least wonder about the possibility because opportunities to get a guy who already has pretty much established himself as a franchise quarterback don't come around very often. Might be time for the Panthers to consider going off their usual path

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:40 PM
send us peppers, deangelo williams and your 2nd rounder and i think you got a deal.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
send us peppers, deangelo williams and your 2nd rounder and i think you got a deal.

I'd take it...but I doubt they would

underrated29
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM

Or stewie, id rather have stewie instead. But i would not complain about that trade.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I'd take it...but I doubt they would

Or stewie, id rather have stewie instead. But i would not complain about that trade.

they have 2 backs, its not like they will be hurting for one if one gets dealt. maybe send them buckhalter or jordan in the trade too. peppers is good as gone anyway. this would uprgrade them at qb and they still would have a good rb.

i like stewie too...but wow deangelo was a beast last year.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
they have 2 backs, its not like they will be hurting for one if one gets dealt. maybe send them buckhalter or jordan in the trade too. peppers is good as gone anyway. this would uprgrade them at qb and they still would have a good rb.

i like stewie too...but wow deangelo was a beast last year.

I dont think we can trade Jordan or Buck yet and either way, this is all assuming they value Cutler as much as fans do. Their best bargaining chip is that mcD feels he can win with a system QB and therefore Cutler's value isnt immense...as opposed to arguably the best DE in the game. Politics will be a part of the process and it's doubtful we see a pot that sweet unfortunately

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont think we can trade Jordan or Buck yet and either way, this is all assuming they value Cutler as much as fans do. Their best bargaining chip is that mcD feels he can win with a system QB and therefore Cutler's value isnt immense...as opposed to arguably the best DE in the game. Politics will be a part of the process and it's doubtful we see a pot that sweet unfortunately

mcd better draft a qb then. because if he's going to go after a proven vet then its going to be hard to teach an old dog new tricks. if he cant teach cutler then he's going to have a hard time teaching pretty much anyone else but a rookie.

if a trade like that did happen with carolina then maybe we should just bite the bullet and draft sanchez at 12. then go defense the rest of the draft. theres always a possibilty of us getting burned like the jets trying to jump ahead of us and draft sanchez anyway. thats why i think we need the assurance of a starting veteran qb....you never know what will happen on draft day.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
That's why I'd like to see a deal with Cleveland for Anderson, Rogers and swapping firsts

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
That's why I'd like to see a deal with Cleveland for Anderson, Rogers and swapping firsts

thats still not enough. i mean maybe in reality it is but i think cutler is a hot item right now. cleveland could always deal quinn too. they really only need one starting qb. ironically maybe they could sign ramsey as a backup after they trade both. send quinn to tampa and anderson to us. the browns could end up a winner in all of this but so could we.

3 way trade possibilty.

denver trades cutler and #12
cleveland trades quinn, anderson, rogers and #5
tampa trades #19, #81

denver gets anderson, rogers, #5 and #81
(denver gets a guy 2 years shy of 29 tds and 3800 passing yards, a nt and slides up in the 1st.)
cleveland gets cutler, #12 and #19
(cleveland finally gets "its guy" and still has two 1st
tampa gets quinn
(all they are giving up is a 1st and 3rd for quinn or 2nd in 2010)

we end up with the better deal...but thats the type of deal i hope we look for. basically your same idea coach but we end up with pick 81 too.

CoachChaz
04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
thats still not enough. i mean maybe in reality it is but i think cutler is a hot item right now. cleveland could always deal quinn too. they really only need one starting qb. ironically maybe they could sign ramsey as a backup after they trade both. send quinn to tampa and anderson to us. the browns could end up a winner in all of this but so could we.

3 way trade possibilty.

tampa trades #19, #81

(denver gets a guy 2 years shy of 29 tds and 3800 passing yards, a nt and slides up in the 1st.)
tampa gets quinn

we end up with the better deal...but thats the type of deal i hope we look for.

I could live with that

underrated29
04-01-2009, 02:27 PM

John clayton is reporting that he thinks quinn is more than likely going to end up here...He also said we want to trade jay to an NFC team...Not much else really, but a little bit of info.

quinn/anderson, rogers, 1st, edwards
Jay,1st,marshall

I would like that trade personally

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I could live with that

cleveland and the broncos i think will be on the phone alot. im thinking id be happier with anderson as a 3 year rental over brady quinn. if all mcd has is 3-4 years might as well bring in his prototype of qb.

broncos favorite trading partners should be cleveland and detriot.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
John clayton is reporting that he thinks quinn is more than likely going to end up here...He also said we want to trade jay to an NFC team...Not much else really, but a little bit of info.

quinn/anderson, rogers, 1st, edwards
Jay,1st,marshall

I would like that trade personally

id trade bmarsh for edwards straight up. marshall has been in trouble on too many times. i love the dude as a player but he is hurting the team. might as well throw in braylon...

claymore
04-01-2009, 02:32 PM

3 way trade possibilty.

tampa trades #19, #81

tampa gets quinn

we end up with the better deal...but thats the type of deal i hope we look for. basically your same idea coach but we end up with pick 81 too.

Throw in Marshall and Royal for they're first rounder straight up and Im sold.

underrated29
04-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I honestly feel that if we dont trade brandon now we will lose him in FA next year. I do not think he will resign with us especially after his good buddy jay has been shipped out. So if we can package them together i think we maximize an already extremely high value for us.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Throw in Marshall and Royal for they're first rounder straight up and Im sold.

royal with cheese stays...sorry..i know you want to deal clady too but maybe next year.

I honestly feel that if we dont trade brandon now we will lose him in FA next year. I do not think he will resign with us especially after his good buddy jay has been shipped out. So if we can package them together i think we maximize an already extremely high value for us.

yeah and i dont want us to fork out the money it will take to resign him anyway. he could be suspended for up to 8 games THIS year! we have played this game too many times. if somehow we could swing a deal that send braylon edwards here it would be sweet. him and royal would be a good pair.

NickelTG
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM
id trade bmarsh for edwards straight up. marshall has been in trouble on too many times. i love the dude as a player but he is hurting the team. might as well throw in braylon...

Did you watch the browns play at all last year? Edwards couldn't catch aids if he slit he wrist and dumped a bottle of aids virus on it. There isn't a browns fan alive that is happy with him.

CrazyHorse
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Did you watch the browns play at all last year? Edwards couldn't catch aids if he slit he wrist and dumped a bottle of aids virus on it. There isn't a browns fan alive that is happy with him.

Didn't he lead the league in dropped passes?
For sure he had more than Marshall.

DenBronx
04-01-2009, 07:48 PM

Didn't he lead the league in dropped passes?
For sure he had more than Marshall.

he did but marshall wasnt that far behind in dropped passes. if braylon could get back to what he did 2 years ago (like anderson) then he would be at the top of everyones fantasy wish list again.

marshall is the better wr....but why not deal him before he gets in more trouble?

NickelTG
04-01-2009, 08:00 PM
he did but marshall wasnt that far behind in dropped passes. if braylon could get back to what he did 2 years ago (like anderson) then he would be at the top of everyones fantasy wish list again.

marshall is the better wr....but why not deal him before he gets in more trouble?

because edwards is horrible..That's reason enough. Look I don't like off field problems as much as the next guy,but this whole "deal your best players for nice guys" stuff is absurd.

The comparison of drops is definitely fair. Although Edwards has more, I obviously am not blind to BM. At the same time BM is a playmaker whereas Edwards isn't. I seriously believe that Denver fans wouldn't be happy with Edwards by the end of next season,if he was a bronco. Cleveland fans aren't happy with him and well.....it's Cleveland

I live in ohio. If it wasn't for the net I wouldn't even see broncos games. I stream them from my computer right to my big screen. Around here all you can see is Cincy,pitt and Cleveland games(except for fox)..I still watch those games (whenever denver isn't playing),and honestly I don't think much of Edwards or Anderson. Quinn shows promise and accuracy. Anderson has looked good,but it's not a guarantee that he would do much of anything in a broncos uni.

JONtheBRONCO
04-01-2009, 08:05 PM

How many times has Delhomo thrown for 300 yards in his life. Like twice? I'd rather have Simms than Jake D. Peppers would be great, but he'll likely demand a huge contract, and while I would love what he would bring to Denver, I think we need more youth.