PDA

View Full Version : Moral of The Story

studbucket
03-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I think the most important lesson to come out of all of this is one I live by:

Don't buy a player's jersey until he signs his 2nd contract with the team.

That way you don't end up being "that guy" who's wearing a Portis, Walker, Cutler, Lelie, or Plummer jersey.

Jerseys with staying power are always more fun to wear. Go buy a throwback Atwater off eBay. Maybe an Al Wilson or a Darrent Williams.

That's all I really have to add to the whole situation, let the drama, over-reacting, and blabbering continue.

sneakers
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Like I said in the other thread....now is a good time to buy a Cutler jersey at 80% off and just unstitch the name and sew Bubby Brister's name on the back.

Krugan
03-31-2009, 10:24 PM
I dont buy Jerseys anymore period.

There is very little loyalty from player or orginization anymore.

I, can not justify spending 100+ (for a decent quality item) when the odds are, in 3 to 5 years its just another outdated piece of expensive crap.

Its pretty much like buying electronics, about the time you get a quality set up, its no longer quality.

studbucket
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
I dont buy Jerseys anymore period.

There is very little loyalty from player or orginization anymore.

I, can not justify spending 100+ (for a decent quality item) when the odds are, in 3 to 5 years its just another outdated piece of expensive crap.

Its pretty much like buying electronics, about the time you get a quality set up, its no longer quality.

What about Atwaters, Elways, Davis, Sharpe, etc?

I understand and generally agree about jerseys, but retired players and 2nd contract players are generally pretty safe.

getlynched47
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
The moral of the story is to NEVER hide a Bill Bellicheat disciple. It never works out..........

frauschieze
03-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Personalized gear FTW! I love my frauschieze jersey. :D

studbucket
03-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Personalized gear FTW! I love my frauschieze jersey. :D

Just wait until she holds out...

NameUsedBefore
03-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Meh. I got a signed Portis jersey and I got no regrets.

But even when the player stays on the team you can get ****ed.

I got a D.J. Williams #52 jersey.

DenBronx
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
moral of the story...

"we can't predict the future"

-josh mcdaniels

Krugan
03-31-2009, 10:31 PM

I understand and generally agree about jerseys, but retired players and 2nd contract players are generally pretty safe.

Different times, then. I have several old jerserys, as far back (and im not proud of it) Kay.

Davis, Elway, Atwater, Sharpe,Elam(yes I have an Elam jersey). But how many long term players are still here, and how many times in the last 10 years have we kept a guy for 10 years? Few...

But yes, I agree, 2nd contract players are pretty safe. But only pretty safe, not a for sure.

studbucket
03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Meh. I got a signed Portis jersey and I got no regrets.

But even when the player stays on the team you can get ****ed.

I got a D.J. Williams #52 jersey.

Well the Portis jersey is signed...I'd be fine with that too, and you won't be wearing.

With the DJ jersey, if he plays for Denver for another 7 years, that'd be a fine jersey to have. Be like a John Mobley or Bob Swenson jersey.

NameUsedBefore
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Well the Portis jersey is signed...I'd be fine with that too, and you won't be wearing.

With the DJ jersey, if he plays for Denver for another 7 years, that'd be a fine jersey to have. Be like a John Mobley or Bob Swenson jersey.

Kinda like a Rams Bettis jersey.

Except not really.

But close... ehhh...

omac
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
I kinda like the obscure jerseys; imagine having a Todd Marinovich jersey. :D

If Cutler gets traded, it might sting to wear his jersey if he wins a superbowl with another team.

NameUsedBefore
03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
I kinda like the obscure jerseys; imagine having a Todd Marinovich jersey. :D

If Cutler gets traded, it might sting to wear his jersey if he wins a superbowl with another team.

I have a... Hmmm, Mirr jersey? From Seattle. I'm drawing a blank on his name. Terrible 1st pick player.

NameUsedBefore
03-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Rick Mirer.

Lol... It's awesome.

omac
03-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Rick Mirer.

Lol... It's awesome.

Those are the best, man! Wear it with pride. :D

frauschieze
03-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Just wait until she holds out...

No worries. I will beat her into submission. :hi:

sneakers
03-31-2009, 11:19 PM

What if they go on to kill people after they retired....glad no one I know owns OJ jerseys :lol:

sneakers
03-31-2009, 11:20 PM
moral of the story...

"we can't predict the future"

-josh mcdaniels

"But we can screw it up..."

studbucket
04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
You can give your jersey to a Bears fan now, woohoo!

Broncospsycho77
04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I like that idea... Bubby Brister.

Is anybody familiar with how to unstitch stuff from jerseys?

lex
04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I think the most important lesson to come out of all of this is one I live by:

Don't buy a player's jersey until he signs his 2nd contract with the team.

That way you don't end up being "that guy" who's wearing a Portis, Walker, Cutler, Lelie, or Plummer jersey.

Jerseys with staying power are always more fun to wear. Go buy a throwback Atwater off eBay. Maybe an Al Wilson or a Darrent Williams.

That's all I really have to add to the whole situation, let the drama, over-reacting, and blabbering continue.

The moral of the story is that we are rudderless.

atwater27
04-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Moral of the story.... don't get attatched to any Broncos player, they are a dime a dozen and will be traded if they are any good.