PDA

View Full Version : Titans preparing for visit from free-agent QB Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
The Tennessee Titans are entering the Peyton Manning sweepstakes and are expecting as well as preparing for a visit from Manning in the next day or two, league sources said Monday.

The Titans entered the Manning picture Sunday when owner Bud Adams told the Tennessean that he is ready to do whatever it takes to sign the four-time MVP, who recently was released by the Indianapolis Colts.

"He is the man I want. Period," Adams said. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278aba0/article/titans-preparing-for-visit-from-freeagent-qb-peyton-manning?module=HP11_breaking_news

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
SONOFABITCH Carol!

vandammage13
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
After his visit to TENN in a couple of days, Twitter will be reporting that the Titans are now the favorites...

Nomad
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Carol adding fuel to the drama fire:lol:

Manning is a football god in Tennessee.

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Sign and trade for Jake Locker.

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Carol, can you give me your opinion on this whole mess?

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
And my confidence in signing him just went to 0.

Thnikkaman
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
This is great news. Don't need a wheelchair quarterback on this team.

The Peytonator
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. He probably doesn't want to play his former team twice a year...even if it means giving them a nice dose of Pey-back. For some reason he still has respect for the organization that dumped him for an unproven rookie.

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
This is great news. Don't need a wheelchair quarterback on this team.

It would be nice to have a quarterback on the roster.

:coffee:

wayninja
03-12-2012, 01:52 PM

It would, but look at what we managed to accomplish with out one last year. That had to be some sort of record.

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. He probably doesn't want to play his former team twice a year...even if it means giving them a nice dose of Pey-back. For some reason he still has respect for the organization that dumped him for an unproven rookie.

Why wouldn't he? Irsay just kicked him to the curb what better way to prove him wrong than beat his former twice a year.

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
And my confidence in signing him just went to 0.

Why:questionmark:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Yesterday I posted two articles in regards to Tennessee. The first one in which Bud Adams stated, among other things, that he not only wanted Manning to be the QB, but also wanted Manning to be a part of the organization, after his playing days are over, for as long as Manning wants.

Another article I posted stated that one thing which would be taken into consideration is Manning's young family. Within the article it stated that Manning's wife is a native of Memphis, and although that would not be the deciding factor, it could be the "tie breaker".

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Why:questionmark:

His history with Tennessee football. He's a god in that state.

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Other than where his wife is from and where he played college ball...I dont get what is so attractive about Tennessee

Thnikkaman
03-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Are you going to be a Clay if we don't get Manning?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Other than where his wife is from and where he played college ball...I dont get what is so attractive about Tennessee

Again - one of the articles I posted stated that Bud Adams had contacted Manning's agent yesterday, and told the agent that he wanted Manning as his QB, and after Manning's playing days, wanted Manning to be part of the organization. I would think that would have appeal.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Mannings going to visit Houston

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams is getting his wish, as his team has entered the Peyton Manning sweepstakes and is expecting as well as preparing for a visit from Manning in the next day or two, league sources said Monday.

The Titans entered the Manning picture Sunday when Adams told the Tennessean that he is ready to do whatever it takes to sign the four-time MVP, who recently was released by the Indianapolis Colts.

"He is the man I want. Period," Adams said. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen."

Manning has deep roots in the state of Tennessee, where he was an all-American quarterback for the University of Tennessee. His wife, Ashley, also is a UT alum and is a native of Memphis.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278aba0/article/titans-preparing-for-visit-from-freeagent-qb-peyton-manning?module=HP11_breaking_news

Nomad
03-12-2012, 02:13 PM

Haven't seen clay around today? I heard he was packing up Tebow household goods. Only to have to unpack them when the Manning deal falls through:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport

Peyton Manning will meet w Dolphins coach Joe Philbin & Titans coach Mike Munchak during next 3 days, scheduled away from team facilities.

http://twitter.com/#!/MORTREPORT

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Let's do "what if" - it appears that this could now drag out past Tuesday, which is the opening day of free agency. What if, whenever, Manning makes his decision, and it is not the Broncos - how do the Broncos approach free agency, since it has been reported that Manning wants some of "his boys" with him where he goes. If that is true, do the Broncos pass on some free agents, to keep spots open for those players Manning prefers?

Nomad
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Manning reminds me of shopping with my wife (which I stopped years ago). She says she wants to get in and out in an hour but instead trys on everything and buys one item 5 hrs later.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
He understands that making that move is the smartest and best move for the Indy Colts. He's a smart man.

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Carol! Tell me what to think!

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
His history with Tennessee football. He's a god in that state.

I don't think that will be enough to land him. I think he will want go to team that gives him the best chance to win another Super Bowl.

Watchthemiddle
03-12-2012, 02:30 PM
like I said on Friday, it is NEVER good to be the first team someone visits. Ask any former free agent or high school recruit...they never pick the first team or school they visit.

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM

Clay and Mo share a brain so....

:heh:

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Houston honestly makes the most sense.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Carol! Tell me what to think!

What do I think - No one knows where he will land, but considering that Adams is offering Manning something past his playing days, that Manning's wife is a native of Memphis, I think there is a very good chance he picks the Titans.

He now is also going to talk to the Dolphins. They have a home there.

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 02:36 PM

No. I just feel Manning is a major upgrade.

Clay and Mo share a brain so....

:heh:

When Cutler was traded it was like Fight Club.

BroncoBowlby 88
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm really torn, If manning lands here I'm real excited to have an actual QB on the roster (no offense to all the Tebowers out there, just manning at 60% is a better QB than Tebow at his best). But if Manning goes somewhere else I won't be to upset we can just go on as planned and spend that money on defense and young talent, and not Mannings home boys (Wayne, Clark,
and Saturday. It would be nice to see Manning in a Bronco uni though.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm really torn, If manning lands here I'm real excited to have an actual QB on the roster (no offense to all the Tebowers out there, just manning at 60% is a better QB than Tebow at his best). But if Manning goes somewhere else I won't be to upset we can just go on as planned and spend that money on defense and young talent, and not Mannings home boys (Wayne, Clark,
and Saturday. It would be nice to see Manning in a Bronco uni though.

He wants to wear #7

Thnikkaman
03-12-2012, 03:19 PM

Then you have way more confidence in Manning's neck than I do. I'm going to cringe when I see Manning end his season being carted off the field.

rationalfan
03-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Then you have way more confidence in Manning's neck than I do. I'm going to cringe when I see Manning end his season being carted off the field.

Could end the same way for tebow or any bronco.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Breaking news on NFL site:

Manning to meet Dolphins

Peyton Manning is expected to meet with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin, a team source told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington.

muse
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
In the dying minutes, suddenly 4 other teams pitch up, potentially saving Timmy's job? Classic Tebow 4th quarter magic.

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Tebow can cool off now.

Manning won't be a Bronco.

BroncoBowlby 88
03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
He wants to wear #7

I don't care what number he wears, even if it's the great #7. If Peyton comes to Denver for 4 years and plays half as well as Elway did when he was in his late 30's. That means we win a super bowl. I'm more concerned about championships than preserving the past, but that might jus be me.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't care what number he wears, even if it's the great #7. If Peyton comes to Denver for 4 years and plays half as well as Elway did when he was in his late 30's. That means we win a super bowl. I'm more concerned about championships than preserving the past, but that might jus be me.

Wherever Manning plays....he'll wear #16.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Tebow can cool off now.

Manning won't be a Bronco.

I agree!

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Just want the man to pick a place and gt it over with. I think I'm more tired of seeing his face over the last 10 years than I am of seeing Tebow's in the past 5

underrated29
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
it should be noted that peyton is not meeting with the dolphins at their facilities. He is just going to meet with their HC and Titans? HC at an undisclosed location but it will not be at team head quarters like he did here.

dogfish
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
this completely blows. . .

that big-headed ****er is gonna hold us hostage. . .

it was reported last night that he wasn't going to make any more visits-- now he's scheduled to meet with the dolphins and titans, and the texans are trying to get involved. . . free agency opens at 4 PM tomorrow-- and we're going to be forced to sit on our hands, waiting for mr. ego to flirt with half the league. . . essentially giving most teams days-long head starts over us. . . and if he signs with someone else, we're left digging through the leftovers trying to find some marginal upgrades because all the top quality players have already been signed elsewhere. . .

if we can't get him signed within 48 hours, IMO they should give it up and move on to plan B. . . i'm afraid they won't, though. . .

G_Money
03-12-2012, 04:17 PM
My hope is that they set aside Peyton's 20 mil and go to the market with 30+ mill immediately to fill holes, since it's not like we'd be paying Matt Flynn if Manning doesn't show up so we know that we're not dropping big bucks on any non-Manning QB.

My assumption is that we'll sit on our hands and fret, before panicking and signing Matt Birk to a 5 year / 60 million deal.

Then we'll draft 3 kickers and 2 more safeties... :tsk:

~G

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM

When Cutler was traded it was like Fight Club.

That's what happens with people who share a brain. :D

J/K

weazel
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Peyton is to Tennessee as Tebow is to Florida... I also believe a guy doesn't sign with the first team he visits. I dont see Manning in a Broncos uniform.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 04:33 PM

it was reported last night that he wasn't going to make any more visits-- now he's scheduled to meet with the dolphins and titans, and the texans are trying to get involved. . . free agency opens at 4 PM tomorrow-- and we're going to be forced to sit on our hands, waiting for mr. ego to flirt with half the league. . . essentially giving most teams days-long head starts over us. . . and if he signs with someone else, we're left digging through the leftovers trying to find some marginal upgrades because all the top quality players have already been signed elsewhere. . .

if we can't get him signed within 48 hours, IMO they should give it up and move on to plan B. . . i'm afraid they won't, though. . .

Manning also said before he started the visits, he wanted to make a decision before FA started. As I told Cane earlier in another thread, if Manning was that pleased with Denver, he would have signed by now. He sees how desperate Denver acted and is taking his leisurely time and more than likely won't be here. BRONCOS need to move on.

kcvet
03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
this is about bucks not buck rogers. manning's for sale. he's pittin' these teams against each other.

buffsroam
03-12-2012, 04:54 PM
I would like to have Manning here in Denver, but if it does not sign by the time free agency starts then move on. Sign a QB with experience.

Trade Tebow if needed. We need the drama out of Denver. Draft the FQB in the first two rounds and build from that point.

BroncoStud
03-12-2012, 05:17 PM
What is the most Denver should pay per year for Manning? $10 MILLION? With all that cap space we could SURE fill a lot of gaps in the defense and add speed to the offense. If Tebow doesn't work out in 2012 then we could make a move at QB. I would hate to see us break the bank for Manning, who, at this point, is clearly just driving up his asking price. This dude is going to have part ownership of a franchise before all is said and done.

kcvet
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.thepennysaved.com/siteimages/moneytruck.png

you guy's will get him if you have the biggest one in the country :lol::lol:

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
What is the most Denver should pay per year for Manning? $10 MILLION? With all that cap space we could SURE fill a lot of gaps in the defense and add speed to the offense. If Tebow doesn't work out in 2012 then we could make a move at QB. I would hate to see us break the bank for Manning, who, at this point, is clearly just driving up his asking price. This dude is going to have part ownership of a franchise before all is said and done.

If you believe the rumors, all of these free agents people keep saying are out there for Denver (other than Manning) don't even have Denver on the radar.

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
http://www.thepennysaved.com/siteimages/moneytruck.png

you guts will get him if you have the biggest one in the country :lol::lol:

:bitter:

OrangeHoof
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM

Other than the mountains, access to skiing (a no-no in a lot of athlete's contracts) and winter snow, I don't get what is so attractive about Denver.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I hear eastern Tennessee is a great place to live. Where are the Titans out of.....Nashville or Knoxville?

kcvet
03-12-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A85YJJuO1YQ

kcvet
03-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I hear eastern Tennessee is a great place to live. Where are the Titans out of.....Nashville or Knoxville?

guess

Nomad
03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Another thing about this Manning BS, Texans let go Eric Winston and BRONCOS could look at his services to protect Tebow's blindside.

TimHippo
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Now that we (insert Arizona, Denver, Miami, Tenessee) have Manning in the fold, let's concentrate on getting the private jet ready for Reggie Wayne, Saturday, Garcon, Dallas Clark and Steiner . . .
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/13242/2010/04/340x_1c98dab71a1ee5cb94.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Other than the mountains, access to skiing (a no-no in a lot of athlete's contracts) and winter snow, I don't get what is so attractive about Denver.

You may want to ask athletes who have retired, and still make Denver their home, plus many military personnel who were stationed here, who have done the same.

tomjonesrocks
03-12-2012, 09:55 PM

I think you can rest easy knowing Manning is the ONLY FA Denver would be willing to spend for. They weren't going to pay anyone else anyway.

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
How seriously bad would it suck for your last playoff win to be in 1993? I mean I don't think I even had any pubes back then.

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
How seriously bad would it suck for your last playoff win to be in 1993? I mean I don't think I even had any pubes back then.

On top of that it was like the 1890s when they won a Super Bowl.

BeefStew25
03-12-2012, 11:12 PM
I just checked. Yeah, I didn't have pubes in 1993, but I got a gang load now. PM me.

:cool:

slim
03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I just checked. Yeah, I didn't have pubes in 1993, but I got a gang load now. PM me.

:cool:

The guy in your avy doesn't have any pubes.

He is waxed smoother than a baby's butt.

OrangeHoof
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Another thing about this Manning BS, Texans let go Eric Winston and BRONCOS could look at his services to protect Tebow's blindside.

Winston is an RT but he was getting beat regularly in pass protection. Good run blocker but not good as a pass blocker (ask Robert Mathis). I wouldn't recommend him to protect Tebow's blind side.

OrangeHoof
03-13-2012, 10:14 AM
You may want to ask athletes who have retired, and still make Denver their home, plus many military personnel who were stationed here, who have done the same.

I wasn't knocking Denver. I was responding to someone who saw no reason Manning would want to play in Tennessee. Other than that's where he played college ball, is still treated like a rock star and has many family and business connections. Unless the sarcasm didn't come through, it was an ignorant comment so I responded with my own sarcasm.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 10:56 AM
like I said on Friday, it is NEVER good to be the first team someone visits. Ask any former free agent or high school recruit...they never pick the first team or school they visit.

That's always the case. When Denver was trying to sign Plummer he visited with Bears after he had already met with us. :whoknows:

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Titans have started to look into pieces to put around Manning, like OL. Think they are jumping the gun a little, or have inside info?