PDA

View Full Version : Cutler retreats further, forfeits $100K bonus

Magnificent Seven
03-31-2009, 02:22 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler has forfeited a $100,000 workout bonus by missing more thant 10 percent of his team’s offseason conditioning program, the Denver Post reported in its Monday edition.

The newspaper, citing Cutler’s friends as sources, also reports that the embattled quarterback has left his offseason home in Nashville for another U.S. destination. The paper declined to name Cutler’s latest place of residence.

With the workout bonus already forfeited, the next opportunity for a Cutler appearance in Denver is at the team’s first minicamp, April 17-19. But that appears a longshot now with both sides seemingly far apart in smoothing things over.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/30/cutler-retreats-further-forfeits-100k-bonus/

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 03:20 AM
guess we will see if he is a team player in 18 days.. or if that is Bovine excrement also..

CrazyHorse
03-31-2009, 03:25 AM
If the dude really wants to get traded we could send him packing to Detroit.

Den21vsBal19
03-31-2009, 03:40 AM
If the dude really wants to get traded we could send him packing to Detroit.
:laugh: That's just cruel...................

Kapaibro
03-31-2009, 03:58 AM
:laugh: That's just cruel...................

meh, seems appropriate

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Thats such a non-story. Why would he show up after the initial outburst?

Its like farting in church. Excuse yourself and come back during communion when it counts.

$100,000 aint nothing to him, if he misses April camps then we have a story.

Dirk
03-31-2009, 05:25 AM

Its like farting in church. Excuse yourself and come back during communion when it counts.

I agree with you in theory.

But...If he isn't going to give two hoots about the "team" and the "players" whom he said he plays for by getting himself into the programs that will only make them better the he needs to go.

He is very good and potentially a star in the future, but he hasn't earned this kind of play from his end.

OMG I wish they would just do something, either Cutty goes back to Denver or he gets his trade. BUT not to Detroit! I don't want the number one pick and no QB in his place! Gotta work out a better deal.

TXBRONC
03-31-2009, 06:00 AM
I agree with you in theory.

But...If he isn't going to give two hoots about the "team" and the "players" whom he said he plays for by getting himself into the programs that will only make them better the he needs to go.

He is very good and potentially a star in the future, but he hasn't earned this kind of play from his end.

OMG I wish they would just do something, either Cutty goes back to Denver or he gets his trade. BUT not to Detroit! I don't want the number one pick and no QB in his place! Gotta work out a better deal.

This would be true of any trade partner Denver would deal with. We could get number one picks out of it but no starting quarterback.

Elevation inc
03-31-2009, 06:37 AM
This would be true of any trade partner Denver would deal with. We could get number one picks out of it but no starting quarterback.

i still belive best case scenario if we do have to trade..... is with the jets.

we get there 17th this year, there 3rd this year, and Brett Ratliff, plus there first rd pick next year. it may not seem like a good deal to some, but I do belive ratliff is a immediate bona-fide starter for next year if he comes to this team. he was a beastly spread QB with tons of expirience in a spread system in college. he also has pro expierience and almost beat out a second rd draft pick last year, despite never having run a non spread offense.....i actually fully belive he would thrive in MCD's system. he is extremly athletic, accurate, has good range, can make all the throws, mobility, confidence, and is very quick at picking up offensive systems....

I dont want cutler gone by any means, but if it finally gets to a must trade situation i hope the jets bring a offer like that

just think we would have, 11 draft picks, a QB, and another first rd pick for next year

Dirk
03-31-2009, 06:50 AM

Not entirely true. I still think that there could be some kind of action with Quinn. I know a lot of you guys don't care for him, but I think he would be great for McD's system.

All I want is a leader on offense that WANTS to be in Denver.

omac
03-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Not entirely true. I still think that there could be some kind of action with Quinn. I know a lot of you guys don't care for him, but I think he would be great for McD's system.

I agree with you about Quinn. I actually think he's better than Cassel.

Cutler has always worked hard and studied hard, and put in the time very early in the offseason to establish chemistry with his receivers. The situation now, though, is about managing his career, and he believes it's to his best interest if the Broncos trade him.

What Cutler wants is McDaniels' word that he'll(Cutler) be in the Broncos future, but McDaniels won't commit to that, and they aren't offering him a contract extension either, so he's doing what he can to be traded to a team that will commit to him, so he can show his commitment to them. Anyone who's watched Cutler play knows that he demands a lot from himself and his teammates; he doesn't half-ass anything. He just wants the same commitment from the organization. That they can't give that speaks volumes.

He said he'll attend the mandatories; it would've been different if in their 1st face-to-face meeting, McDaniels would assure his future with the Broncos, but McDaniels just wouldn't. So why not choose to go to a team that has plans for you in their future?

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 09:18 AM

that is an excellent analogy.

GEM
03-31-2009, 09:19 AM

Quinn wouldn't want to be in Denver, he is where he wanted to land. Close to home.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Quinn wouldn't want to be in Denver, he is where he wanted to land. Close to home.

He's cute though, gotta admit that.

Buff
03-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Part of me wishes he'd have a come uppance, blow out both his knees, and end up selling used cars in 5 years... That'll teach him to forfeit $100k because his feelings are hurt.

But then I remember he still plays for the Broncos, and those thoughts fade.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 09:35 AM

Personally, I think he'd rather be starting than potentially sitting on the bench in Cleveland.

claymore
03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Personally, I think he'd rather be starting than potentially sitting on the bench in Cleveland.

Or close to boulder where he could gay it up with Buffs people.

Shazam!
03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
I am getting so damn sick of this ****.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
I am getting so damn sick of this ****.

I think we need a Cutler thread boycott.

Buff
03-31-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm getting equally tired of you guys bitching about people bitching...

claymore
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM

You just want Brady Quinn in Denver so you can lez out with him you gay bastage.

Buff
03-31-2009, 09:45 AM
You just want Brady Quinn in Denver so you can lez out with him you gay bastage.

You think so much more clearly with a few beers in you... You're virtually worthless before noon.

claymore
03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
You think so much more clearly with a few beers in you... You're virtually worthless before noon.

Beer stimulates all that is good within.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Beer stimulates all that is good within.

I can't imagine life with beer

claymore
03-31-2009, 10:00 AM

With or without? I dont know if its possible to formulate that sentence the way you just did.

Timmy!
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM

This is almost sig line worthy.

Shazam!
03-31-2009, 10:02 AM
If wanting your team's QB to want to be a part of the team is asking too much then so be it.

CoachChaz
03-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Here's my biggest question going into the upcoming season...regardless of how things pan out.

Is Jay Cutler the right guy to lead a team or is he just a strong arm?

56crash
03-31-2009, 10:06 AM
you sure this is not a story? We can now look for Cutler ...lol

I just seen him on a 4 Wheeler driving by my house ...

I go and see if I can get a pic of him .

56crash
03-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Wheres the Cutlery can be the game ....

Day1BroncoFan
03-31-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm starting to not like Cutler more and more.

56crash
03-31-2009, 10:15 AM
this has got to be him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:welcome:

http://www.cariboo4x4.ca/jimmydone.jpg

jrelway
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
i'll wait till april to pass judgement. if he aint there, then so be it. im a full cutler supporter but if he aint a bronco, ship him out to detroit, let him waste away his career up north. out of sight out of mind.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 10:35 AM

No one cares what you think, Buff.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
No one cares what you think, Buff.

shut up Joe, I do .

Superchop 7
03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Don't give up

Don't give in

Proud of you Jay, get away and let the chips fall where they may.

DenverBronkHoes
03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
suck it up jay

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
shut up Joe, I do .

Well, no one care what you think either, Nut.

Except when it comes to bunnies.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, no one care what you think either, Nut.

Except when it comes to bunnies.

No one cares what you think either poopybutt

turftoad
03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Here's my biggest question going into the upcoming season...regardless of how things pan out.

Is Jay Cutler the right guy to lead a team or is he just a strong arm?

I guess I'd rather have that problem than the ones that Det, TB, Jax, Minn, SF, NYJ, Tenn, Oak, Wash, Chi, and a few other teams have at the QB position.

I think sometimes we forget about that. We've been looking for a replacement for Elway for almost ten years. Cutlers got the skills to get it done.
Now.............. we just need to mend the fences and get him back on the field.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:00 AM
well, I think what Coach was getting at is this. Does Jay Cutler have the mentality to lead this team? I also wonder that. As Crash Davis once said about a pitcher in the movie Bull Durham, he had a million dollar arm but a five cent head.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 11:00 AM
I guess I'd rather have that problem than the ones that Det, TB, Jax, Minn, SF, NYJ, Tenn, Oak, Wash, Chi, and a few other teams have at the QB position.

I think sometimes we forget about that. We've been looking for a replacement for Elway for almost ten years. Cutlers got the skills to get it done.
Now.............. we just need to mend the fences and get him back on the field.

There is no other Elway.

claymore
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
well, I think what Coach was getting at is this. Does Jay Cutler have the mentality to lead this team? I also wonder that. As Crash Davis once said about a pitcher in the movie Bull Durham, he had a million dollar arm but a five cent head.

I think he has it all. If he mans up this will make him stronger. Hopefully he doesnt pull a plummer and eat a shit sandwhich next year.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Joe, quit trying to be my friend by saluting every post I make,. . . emkay?

Northman
03-31-2009, 11:08 AM

Maybe.

The last two weeks all we've been hearing is that Jay will show up for the mandatory camps and that he wont just throw away money. obviously i hope he does end up showing up but i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt show in April either.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
I think he has it all. If he mans up this will make him stronger. Hopefully he doesnt pull a plummer and eat a shit sandwhich next year.

what do you mean by that? How did Plummer eat a shit sandwich?

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 11:09 AM
There is no other Elway.

I heard somewhere that Cutler had a stronger arm then Elway.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Joe, quit trying to be my friend by saluting every post I make,. . . emkay?

Shut up, Nut.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Shut up, Nut.

salute me bytch

claymore
03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
what do you mean by that? How did Plummer eat a shit sandwich?

He buckeled under the pressure and got replaced by Cutler.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 11:14 AM
salute me bytch

Never again, bastage.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:15 AM

that's the way you saw it. Shanahan set him up for failure by playcalling which had him throwing from the pocket.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM

Didn't the Broncos have a winning record when Plummer was replaced by Cutler? They went ahead and made the playoffs though, right?

Northman
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Didn't the Broncos have a winning record when Plummer was replaced by Cutler? They went ahead and made the playoffs though, right?

Yes and no. Denver was on a two game losing skid when Jake got replaced so i think it was pretty obvious which direction the season was going. Than throw on top of that when Jake replaced Jay in the SF game the first pass he threw was a INT. Even in the games that we had won Jake struggled.

56crash
03-31-2009, 11:22 AM
wow jokes are baned also? lol

broncohead
03-31-2009, 11:33 AM
that's the way you saw it. Shanahan set him up for failure by playcalling which had him throwing from the pocket.

Teams where playing against the pass outside of the pocket. It wasn't as effective. Also if a QB can't pass out of the pocket then they really don't have what it takes to start.

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Teams where playing against the pass outside of the pocket. It wasn't as effective. Also if a QB can't pass out of the pocket then they really don't have what it takes to start.

Jake's bread and butter was outside of the pocket, he was a rather poor pocket passer in comparison

getlynched47
03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
The newspaper, citing Cutler’s friends as sources, also reports that the embattled quarterback has left his offseason home in Nashville for another U.S. destination. The paper declined to name Cutler’s latest place of residence

He's back in Denver. Controversy over...

claymore
03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
LMFAo!

Against the shittiest offenses in the NFL. First few games I think we averaged maybe 13 points a game.... I cannot recall.

But I remember our defense was the Number one defense in the NFL for like the first 6 games for points allowed.

Northman
03-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Jake's bread and butter was outside of the pocket, he was a rather poor pocket passer in comparison

Unfortuantely, the rest of the league was catching on and it was becoming no longer effective. I think its pretty obvious that having a QB who can do both is better than one who is simply one dimensional.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
He's back in Denver. Controversy over...

Link?

56crash
03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Link?

why I just showed you he drove by my house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I win the were is cutlery contest .:beer:

BroncoNut
03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Unfortuantely, the rest of the league was catching on and it was becoming no longer effective. I think its pretty obvious that having a QB who can do both is better than one who is simply one dimensional.

To have one equally good at both is rare indeed. Not jmo, but rather a statistically accurate statement if you think about.

Now off you go lad,

cheerio

tomjonesrocks
03-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't really see a story here. Cutler's going to make this as painful for Denver as possible until he can no longer afford to. We already knew this.

McDaniels opened the door for Bus and Bus kicked the door down. We'll just have to wait for the mandatory camps/workouts to see if Cutler's willing to lose some real money.

But obviously Bus is going to draw this out and make it as agonizing as possible. That's his bread-and-butter.

Yawn. :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Looks like someone else smells the rat in Broncoland.

Cutler Loses $100,000 (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/31/cutler-loses-100000/)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 8:11 a.m.
With Vic Lombardi of CBS4 choosing to ignore the Jay Cutler drama at the apparent behest of the home team, we’ll have to rely on the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News for information about the situation.
According to the Denver Post, Cutler has now missed enough of the offseason program to result in the forfeiture of a $100,000 workout bonus (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12026432).
The Post also reports that Cutler has left his offseason home in Nashville ”to retreat to another U.S. destination we won’t name.”
Um, what the hell is that?
If the Post isn’t going to name his destination, at least tell us why it won’t be named. Did the source ask that it not be named? Or is it something private or potentially embarrassing, like a nudist colony?
Then again, “private” and “embarrassing” aren’t words that would come to mind regarding folks who choose to walk around naked all day.
Regardless, the Post knows and for unknown reasons the Post isn’t sharing the knowledge.
Maybe the Rocky Mountain News will have the scoop.

honz
03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
This isn't really news is it? We already knew about his bonus and we knew that he wasn't in Denver yet...

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Cutler needs to be at the workouts in April, or Denver needs to dump his ass.

We don't need anyone on the team that think they're too good to work out with their teammates.

broncohead
03-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Cutler needs to be at the workouts in April, or Denver needs to dump his ass.

We don't need anyone on the team that think they're too good to work out with their teammates.

Teammates? Thought it was all about the QB?

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Teammates? Thought it was all about the QB?

If it was all about the QB we might as well look for a new one. We don't need a losing QB as the starter. Even if his arm is better than John Elway's.

broncohead
03-31-2009, 01:33 PM
If it was all about the QB we might as well look for a new one. We don't need a losing QB as the starter. Even if his arm is better than John Elway's.

Exactly my point. You say he needs to be there for the teammates but blaim him for the losses? How does that work?

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Exactly my point. You say he needs to be there for the teammates but blaim him for the losses? How does that work?

He needs to be there working on his game with his teammates.

Even the "Savior with the Legend Arm" Jay "God" Cutler should be working on his game, as it was evident after last year that he indeed is not perfect after all.

broncohead
03-31-2009, 01:39 PM

Even the "Savior with the Legend Arm" Jay "God" Cutler should be working on his game, as it was evident after last year that he indeed is not perfect after all.

He does need to be there working on the new system and getting his timing down. I just think it's funny the Jay haters call him a losing QB instead of acknowledging the other factors to why we lost games last year then saying he's not a team player. Kind of hypocitical(sp)

turftoad
03-31-2009, 01:39 PM

No one is perfect. That said, Cutler, in the past, has shown to be a very good teammate and leader.

Last offseason, Cutler took his receivers down to atlanta to train even harder.

After this 8-8 season, Cutler immediately phoned Shanahan to talk about what he can do to improve upon next year.

Jay took his whole OLine to Costa Rica for fishing and fun.

After yelling at Royal for dropping a ball vs the last game against SD, Jay found royal on the sideline and told him he had faith in royal, needed royal and would be looking to throw to royal. Eddie called Jay an amazing leader.

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2009, 01:42 PM
No one is perfect. That said, Cutler, in the past, has shown to be a very good teammate and leader.

Last offseason, Cutler took his receivers down to atlanta to train even harder.

After this 8-8 season, Cutler immediately phoned Shanahan to talk about what he can do to improve upon next year.

Jay took his whole OLine to Costa Rica for fishing and fun.

After yelling at Royal for dropping a ball vs the last game against SD, Jay found royal on the sideline and told him he had faith in royal, needed royal and would be looking to throw to royal. Eddie called Jay an amazing leader.

I never thought he was a terrible teammate/leader, but he has had questionable issues. Calling his defense out in the SD game after he played far from even good is a great example of that.

However with this issue, my only opinion on Cutler is, "get your azz to camp like everyone else. You're not some golden exception".

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2009, 01:44 PM
He does need to be there working on the new system and getting his timing down. I just think it's funny the Jay haters call him a losing QB instead of acknowledging the other factors to why we lost games last year then saying he's not a team player. Kind of hypocitical(sp)

I can't speak for everyone else, but I most certainly exaggerate to losing, because the "Cutler Campers" don't even acknowledge that he even has flaws in his game.

He most certainly, IMHO, isn't good enough to have an argument of sensitivity when his name was on the shipping block.

If Donovon McNabb can look to be traded early in his career and before his prime, most certainly Jay Cutler can.

CoachChaz
03-31-2009, 01:53 PM

I can understand this perception, but I think it's more along the lines of people not being prepared to make Cutler out to be the best thing in the world just yet. he has his positives and has alot of negatives as well. but, what if he has peaked? What if this is as good as he ever gets? The point is, the combination of not having proven anything yet and his actions this off-season dont warrant a big payday nor the decimation of a team and franchise.

If he continues to insist on a trade and/or decides to skip mini-camp, then he has to go. The team has too many needs and too much to accomplish to fool around with what currently equates to a mediocre QB holding them back

LoyalSoldier
03-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I can't speak for everyone else, but I most certainly exaggerate to losing, because the "Cutler Campers" don't even acknowledge that he even has flaws in his game.

He most certainly, IMHO, isn't good enough to have an argument of sensitivity when his name was on the shipping block.

If Donovon McNabb can look to be traded early in his career and before his prime, most certainly Jay Cutler can.

He sure as hell has flaws in his game, but I also believe that the flaws in his game wasn't the biggest problem last year and that those problems are typical of a young QB. The reason I am not on Cutlers case apart from his role in this drama is because the Broncos have won games when the QB played far worse.

We need to be at least respectable at each position to win games.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 03:28 PM

right now 100K is 7.6 % of his pay check this year.. Now Not sure about you but I could use almost 8% raise..

broncosinindy
03-31-2009, 03:37 PM
right now 100K is 7.6 % of his pay check this year.. Now Not sure about you but I could use almost 8% raise..

Shot i would have been happy with a raise this year. My company did not give out raises this year. and they dont give out Cost of Living. i mean seriously I work for a HUGGGGGGE Company from germany... dont germans give out COL i mean i SWEAR.. lol

:end rant:

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Shot i would have been happy with a raise this year. My company did not give out raises this year. and they dont give out Cost of Living. i mean seriously I work for a HUGGGGGGE Company from germany... dont germans give out COL i mean i SWEAR.. lol

:end rant:

Alright, question:

If you reside in the Denver Metro Area, why is your user name broncosinindy?

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Alright, question:

If you reside in the Denver Metro Area, why is your user name broncosinindy?

I think he lives in INDY and COL means cost of living

turftoad
03-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I can understand this perception, but I think it's more along the lines of people not being prepared to make Cutler out to be the best thing in the world just yet. he has his positives and has alot of negatives as well. but, what if he has peaked? What if this is as good as he ever gets? The point is, the combination of not having proven anything yet and his actions this off-season dont warrant a big payday nor the decimation of a team and franchise.

If he continues to insist on a trade and/or decides to skip mini-camp, then he has to go. The team has too many needs and too much to accomplish to fool around with what currently equates to a mediocre QB holding them back

He's only 25. I seriously doubt that he has peaked. Does he play well? Sure the hell does. Does he play poor? Sure the hell does.
As Loyalsoldier points out. His flaws are typical for young QB.

He has all the potential in the world. He needs to stay here. I mean, what's the better option? There are none out there at this point.
As good as McD can be, I do not believe he can take any average or below average player to elite status. Yeah I know, Cassel, Cassel, Cassel. I get tired of hearing about the guy.
Jay has more talent in his pinky than Cassel does in his body.

JR is right when he says we're not going to the Superbowl this year anyway. There's been to many changes. So, why not get Jay back, let him get a year in the system under his belt and let him get after it.
I think some of us are forgetting how terrible it's been in the post Elway era.

At least Cutler and his potential give us some hope.
I can't say that about any other QB we might be able to get at this point.

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I think he lives in INDY and COL means cost of living

No - check his "location" in the upper right hand corner.

Poet
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM

Quinn wanted to be wherever they would pay him, and after several teams laughed at that idea he came out with "I want to be near home" when he previously campaigned to be a higher pick.

Brady Quinn is staring at a team with an awful defense, a new head coach who could easily do what the Cardinals did with Leinart and replace him with a veteran, not to mention that the fact that he has the pleasure of facing the Steelers and Ravens twice a year.

I think Quinn would secretly relish being in Denver.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:14 PM
No - check his "location" in the upper right hand corner.

Gotcha
Maybe he moved or is on TDY.. I know when he signed up he was from INDY area.. was fed up with getting nothing but dolts games..

Some times you can come home..

BroncoJoe
03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
... Brady Quinn is staring at a team with an awful defense, a new head coach ...

Are you talking about the Broncos?

Poet
03-31-2009, 04:18 PM

TB, Jax, Minn, NYJ, Tenn, Washington and Chicago have all got to the playoffs more recently without a true franchise QB.

I think the Broncos should keep Cutler, but any player can really get out of a contract and get traded if they want. If Cutler decides (and I doubt he will) to be as big of a pain as he can be he will be traded.

I still think he ends up starting week one with the Broncos.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
He's only 25. I seriously doubt that he has peaked. Does he play well? Sure the hell does. Does he play poor? Sure the hell does.
As Loyalsoldier points out. His flaws are typical for young QB.

He has all the potential in the world. He needs to stay here. I mean, what's the better option? There are none out there at this point.
As good as McD can be, I do not believe he can take any average or below average player to elite status. Yeah I know, Cassel, Cassel, Cassel. I get tired of hearing about the guy.
Jay has more talent in his pinky than Cassel does in his body.

JR is right when he says we're not going to the Superbowl this year anyway. There's been to many changes. So, why not get Jay back, let him get a year in the system under his belt and let him get after it.
I think some of us are forgetting how terrible it's been in the post Elway era.

At least Cutler and his potential give us some hope.
I can't say that about any other QB we might be able to get at this point.

the issue is will he get better and if he does not is it worth 40mil in guarantees to find out.. Is he just another Jeff George that does it his way....

I have no issues with him coming back to see IF he can run Joshes scheme but not at the expense of a long term contract up front..

If he is all he says he is then after the season it is time to talk turkey ..

If Josh thinks at that point he is not worth a 100 mil then we apart ways and Jay goes to another team for the duration of his contact or if they can sort out a new one..

The key is do we need jay to run this offense and is he worth 100mil to do it or can we find someone that can run the offense and pay him 30 mil..

Having a big arm is nice but if we do not need a Ferrari engine under the hood why pay for it up front...

If we get the same results with a HiPo Ford it is stupid to do so.

Poet
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Are you talking about the Broncos?

That is true, but I don't think his situation is much better, if at all than Cutler. Quinn would get to play in a much easier division, have more talent around him,MUCH more talent around him.

I do get your point though.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
TB, Jax, Minn, NYJ, Tenn, Washington and Chicago have all got to the playoffs more recently without a true franchise QB.

Yes thay have. But............... they are all looking for QB help bad and they also have Defenses.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:26 PM

I think the Broncos should keep Cutler, but any player can really get out of a contract and get traded if they want. If Cutler decides (and I doubt he will) to be as big of a pain as he can be he will be traded.

I still think he ends up starting week one with the Broncos.

Just as mikey was great at turning out RB's and having great ground game.. NE is great at finding smart QB that are not gifted athletes and making them into great team players and in one case a HOF QB if he keeps up the numbers..

Now do we need pro bowl QB to fit into the scheme Josh is installing and does jay have it between the ears to run it?

Perhaps that is why he is holding out? Yeah I know it is voluntary, but not being in camp=holding out to logical thinkers..

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Yes thay have. But............... they are all looking for QB help bad and they also have Defenses.

which we will have very soon opposed to our D players thinking themselves treated like second class citizens..

So why the need other than EGO do we need a Ferrari engine under the Corvette hood..

turftoad
03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
the issue is will he get better and if he does not is it worth 40mil in guarantees to find out.. Is he just another Jeff George that does it his way....

I have no issues with him coming back to see IF he can run Joshes scheme but not at the expense of a long term contract up front..

If he is all he says he is then after the season it is time to talk turkey ..

If Josh thinks at that point he is not worth a 100 mil then we apart ways and Jay goes to another team for the duration of his contact or if they can sort out a new one..

The key is do we need jay to run this offense and is he worth 100mil to do it or can we find someone that can run the offense and pay him 30 mil..

Having a big arm is nice but if we do not need a Ferrari engine under the hood why pay for it up front...

If we get the same results with a HiPo Ford it is stupid to do so.

Look at Kings post above yours JR. All those teams have went to the playoffs in recent years. However, they are all looking for a quality QB to take them to the next level.
I want a QB who can make those 4th quarter come backs if need be. The mediocre ones ussually can't.
We still need to build a team around Cutler but he's a big key cog or our future succes IMO.

Hell, we need to build a team around whoever the QB is going to be here.

Even IF we do sign Jay to a new contract, which is all speculation of what he wants. Any other team would be glad to take that contract over if it doesn't work out in Denver.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Just as mikey was great at turning out RB's and having great ground game.. NE is great at finding smart QB that are not gifted athletes and making them into great team players and in one case a HOF QB if he keeps up the numbers..

Now do we need pro bowl QB to fit into the scheme Josh is installing and does jay have it between the ears to run it?

Perhaps that is why he is holding out? Yeah I know it is voluntary, but not being in camp=holding out to logical thinkers..

We've turned out many, many RB's. Besides Tom Brady NE has turned out Matt Cassel. Thats it.

We are NOT the New England Patriots and Josh McDaniels is NOT Bill Bilichick.

I hope he does well but look at the other Bill deciples. They have failed.

TXBRONC
03-31-2009, 04:37 PM

Excatly, they have all gotten to the playoffs recently without a franchise quarterback but they are still are looking for one.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Look at Kings post above yours JR. All those teams have went to the playoffs in recent years. However, they are all looking for a quality QB to take them to the next level.
I want a QB who can make those 4th quarter come backs if need be. The mediocre ones ussually can't.
We still need to build a team around Cutler but he's a big key cog or our future succes IMO.

Hell, we need to build a team around whoever the QB is going to be here.

Even IF we do sign Jay to a new contract, which is all speculation of what he wants. Any other team would be glad to take that contract over if it doesn't work out in Denver.

Maybe maybe not..

if he can't handle Joshes offense and they see it trying to peddle his ass with a lot of money hanging out there well it diminishes his trade value.. IF they know they can give him a clean slate, his trade value goes up big time..

If he does not work out in DEN folks could start looking at him as another Jeff G....

turftoad
03-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Maybe maybe not..

if he can't handle Joshes offense and they see it trying to peddle his ass with a lot of money hanging out there well it diminishes his trade value.. IF they know they can give him a clean slate, his trade value goes up big time..

If he does not work out in DEN folks could start looking at him as another Jeff G....

The Jeff George comparisons are BS. He''s been a good player/person up until this whole BS going on which is not just Jays fault.

Everyone involved is at fault on this one.

BTW, Josh better hope he gets his ass back in camp. Josh better hope Jay can run his offense. If not, Josh may be gone also.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 04:51 PM
We've turned out many, many RB's. Besides Tom Brady NE has turned out Matt Cassel. Thats it.

We are NOT the New England Patriots and Josh McDaniels is NOT Bill Bilichick.

I hope he does well but look at the other Bill deciples. They have failed.

But QB's are also not a dime a dozen and when you find one you rarely trade them like used cars like mikey did his RB's..

Now if you really think we are not going to become a NE clone then well......... time for Y'all to rethink that one..

Do you really think Pat hired Josh to run the Broncos as mikeys old team?

We do not have a clue yet about whether Josh is Billie or perhaps he is better.. Time will tell on that..

But TURF make no mistake we will have the NE offense under our hood next year.. the only question in the air right now is WHO is gonna guide it jay or some one else..

TXBRONC
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
The Jeff George comparisons are BS. He''s been a good player/person up until this whole BS going on which is not just Jays fault.

BTW, Josh better hope he gets his ass back in camp. Josh better hope Jay can run his offense. If not, Josh may be gone also.

It also bs to say Jay can't handle the type of offense that McDaniels is going to implement. First and foremost if he's shipped off before he ever plays in it then we'll never know. Second, Shanahan offense was just as complex and he was able to handle it.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:09 PM
But QB's are also not a dime a dozen and when you find one you rarely trade them like used cars like mikey did his RB's..

Now if you really think we are not going to become a NE clone then well......... time for Y'all to rethink that one..

Do you really think Pat hired Josh to run the Broncos as mikeys old team?

We do not have a clue yet about whether Josh is Billie or perhaps he is better.. Time will tell on that..

But TURF make no mistake we will have the NE offense under our hood next year.. the only question in the air right now is WHO is gonna guide it jay or some one else..

You're right, QB's are not a dime a dozen so we better hold on to the one we got.

Did the Jets and Browns turn into NE clones under Bills other deciples. Hell no!

Myself nor anyone else here thinks that McD is going to run Shannys "D".

I understand that Josh is bringing in his own offense. I don't have a problem with it.
What i do have a problem with is people thinking that Jay can't run it.

As I said before: "Josh better hope he (Cutler) gets his ass back in camp. Josh better hope Jay can run his offense. If not, Josh may be gone also".

If not, he'll end up just like Romeo and Mangini. FIRED!!

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 05:11 PM

No they are re not BS as the time drags on they get more pertinent..

jay ran mikeys system last year.. and he was all over the spectrum last year from a low rating of 49 a couple of 60's and a high of 137 ..He had some real stinkers in there also that were over shadowed by some really great games.. his 73 something rating in the last few games tells a HUGE story..

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/gamelogs?id=CUT288111

his stats between the Opp 49-20 - by Yard Line 93.7 in the red zone 74.1
from our 1-20 73.4 and 21-50 79.0
http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/situationalstats?id=CUT288111
he was not getting it done last year.. when we needed it..

Anyway while he was spectacular in some games he has not shown ME enough consistency to give him the key to Colorado yet..

I'll bet the Coaches on Offense have seen even more to doubt giving him a huge contract. That appears to be the stumbling block with his agent at this time..

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
No they are re not BS as the time drags on they get more pertinent..

jay ran mikeys system last year.. and he was all over the spectrum last year from a low rating of 49 a couple of 60's and a high of 137 ..He had some real stinkers in there also that were over shadowed by some really great games.. his 73 something rating in the last few games tells a HUGE story..

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/gamelogs?id=CUT288111

his stats between the Opp 49-20 - by Yard Line 93.7 in the red zone 74.1
from our 1-20 73.4 and 21-50 79.0
http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/situationalstats?id=CUT288111
he was not getting it done last year.. when we needed it..

Anyway while he was spectacular in some games he has not shown ME enough consistency to give him the key to Colorado yet..

I'll bet the Coaches on Offense have seen even more to doubt giving him a huge contract. That appears to be the stumbling block with his agent at this time..

:tsk:

Tell me what QB's percentages are better in the red zone than they are the rest of the field??

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
:tsk:

Tell me what QB's percentages are better in the red zone than they are the rest of the field??

I do not care Turf if there are less qualified QB's out there..

I want mine to be the best..

I hope you Can't defend his picks and fumbles down there and taht is your only argument here.

He needs to play between his ears.. He has all the other tools..

the question is can he improve that part of his game.. Is it because he is young and stupid and thinks he is a super hero..

Or can he play cold and dispassionate when the chips are down..

that is for the coaches to deal with and frankly until he comes in to talk with him and learn the system it is something we do not know..

As I said I hope they do not give him a huge contract beating on the come line..

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:29 PM

Jeff George put up some good stats. He had over 4000 yards one season. And he had the charisma of a slug.

How's that not comparable?

BeefStew25
03-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Jeff George put up some good stats. He had over 4000 yards one season. And he had the charisma of a slug.

You stay out of this KC Lady.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I do not care Turf if there are less qualified QB's out there..

I want mine to be the best..

I hope you Can't defend his picks and fumbles down there and taht is your only argument here.

He needs to play between his ears.. He has all the other tools..

the question is can he improve that part of his game.. Is it because he is young and stupid and thinks he is a super hero..

Or can he play cold and dispassionate when the chips are down..

that is for the coaches to deal with and frankly until he comes in to talk with him and learn the system it is something we do not know..

As I said I hope they do not give him a huge contract beating on the come line..

I'm not defending his INT's or fumbles at all.

He's young, if him and Josh can work thing out, it's up to both of them to fix those problems.
You want your QB to be the best. So do I.

No matter how good McD may be, I don't think he turns Cleo Lemon into the best like some here thinks he could.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:36 PM

You stay out of this DC. :D

You need to worry about if Cassel can be a decent QB when not wearing a Patriot uni.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
You stay out of this DC. :D

You need to worry about if Cassel can be a decent QB when not wearing a Patriot uni.

I'm pretty certain Cassel is better then what we had.

tubby
03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler has forfeited a $100,000 workout bonus by missing more thant 10 percent of his team’s offseason conditioning program, the Denver Post reported in its Monday edition.

The newspaper, citing Cutler’s friends as sources, also reports that the embattled quarterback has left his offseason home in Nashville for another U.S. destination. The paper declined to name Cutler’s latest place of residence.

With the workout bonus already forfeited, the next opportunity for a Cutler appearance in Denver is at the team’s first minicamp, April 17-19. But that appears a longshot now with both sides seemingly far apart in smoothing things over.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/30/cutler-retreats-further-forfeits-100k-bonus/

I bet he is in rehab.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I bet he is in rehab.

:lol: I'd like to have a few beers with him Tubby.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty certain Cassel is better then what we had.

We'll see. Thigpen played pretty well last year.

BeefStew25
03-31-2009, 05:43 PM
We'll see. Thigpen played pretty well last year.

I thought Thigpen played pretty dang good down the stretch.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm not defending his INT's or fumbles at all.

He's young, if him and Josh can work thing out, it's up to both of them to fix those problems.
You want your QB to be the best. So do I.

No matter how good McD may be, I don't think he turns Cleo Lemon into the best like some here thinks he could.

on this I totally agree

I have no idea who, what a Cleo lemon is..

Josh is looking for a smart QB that can read defenses and make adjustments at the LOS and check down to as many as the 4-5th open receiver on any given play..

jay has not consistently been able to do that.. can that be fixed or will his cannon arm get him in deeper trouble with his new coach..

these are things Josh and jay have to work out and if jay is indeed in rehab it will be harder to do..:D

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:47 PM

I would laugh my ass off if Thigpen beat out Cassel.

Hey, it could happen. The new coach said they will compete for the job.

If the Chefs go 6-10 next year with Cassel at QB, I wonder how many people are going to beat him down even with KC having no running game or "D".

It'll be all Cassels fault.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM

He did ok.

He does a fine job of finding Tony G but he's not that accurate going down the field. I think in Haley's offense, being able to throw the deep ball will be important.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Thigpen beat out Cassel.

Hey, it could happen. The new coach said they will compete for the job.

If the Chefs go 6-10 next year with Cassel at QB, I wonder how many people are going to beat him down even with KC having no running game or "D".

It'll be all Cassels fault.

Hmm... I think most people aren't expecting more then 6-10 next season.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
He did ok.

He does a fine job of finding Tony G but he's not that accurate going down the field. I think in Haley's offense, being able to throw the deep ball will be important.

He seemed to hit Bowe OK down the field.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Back to Cutler, I've noticed that girls who drink too much tend to be drama queens. Maybe he's a chick.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Hmm... I think most people aren't expecting more then 6-10 next season.

In KC and Denver both DC.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
He seemed to hit Bowe OK down the field.

I didn't see much of that.

I remember he hit Bradley long, once.

tubby
03-31-2009, 05:56 PM
He did ok.

Yes, he was decent in a gimmick offense for a few weeks. That's about it.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 05:58 PM

I agree.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 05:59 PM

Well he (Thigpen) needs to come to Denver then. Some here think that McD could probably turn him into a Pro Bowler.

tubby
03-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Well he (Thigpen) needs to come to Denver then. Some here think that McD could probably turn him into a Pro Bowler.

McD probably could. Maybe Thigpen will demand a trade.

turftoad
03-31-2009, 06:04 PM
McD probably could. Maybe Thigpen will demand a trade.

The Chefs wouldn't trade that stud to us Tubby.

getlynched47
03-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Link?

I dont need links. Jay is my best buddy.

We used to go to the Holiday Inn his rookie season and play Marco Polo in the pool. Also you remember the pictures of Michael Phelps and his "device"? Jay and me were in the background ready to hit that "device" right after him. Not to mention the countless times we've gotten drunk at ESPN Zone and made fun of Mel Kiper's hair.

It's a blast...