PDA

View Full Version : Don't rule Tebow out if/when Manning signs

TimBuff10
03-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Manning would obviously be the #1 QB, no question. But if the Broncos were smart they would keep Tebow on the roster. I don't see them able to get anything more than a 3rd rd pick out of Jax and even less from any other team. His intangibles are worth far more than that because when the guy is on the field, he brings that winning attitude and not even the devil could argue that one.

Here is the plan: Tebow's big thing is winning. He has said he just wants to win, so make Tebow your #2 QB but also put him in a slash role as TE/FB. There is plenty of time to do this in pro football as the #2 guy rarely gets a lot of snaps during a regular week of practice anyway.

The other thing they should do is once the game is no longer in doubt, pull Manning and let Tebow get some PT which will extend Manning's career and save him from some unnecessary hits when we already have the game in hand. Notice I am not talking about putting in a "Tebow package", give him the 4th quarter when we are up by 17 but not a random play here or there throughout the game to "switch things up". Obviously this is a slippery slope but as long as Manning plays like he normally does, there won't be any outcry for Tebow to be the starter. I know this is unusual, but so is our situation and if you can get both guys to buy in and do it so the team can win, it can work. After all, Tebow says he just wants to win right?

While we are at it, make Tebow the holder for Prater too! Would make for some interesting PATs.

Now feel free to pull out bits of pieces of my post and infer things that I didn't aim for.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 12:19 AM
If the Broncos could get a 3rd for Tebow l think they'd jump at it but intangibles just aren't worth that much. If Denver signed Manning and got a 3rd for Tebow Elway and Xanadu should get Executives of the Year.......

TimBuff10
03-12-2012, 12:27 AM
If the Broncos could get a 3rd for Tebow l think they'd jump at it but intangibles just aren't worth that much. If Denver signed Manning and got a 3rd for Tebow Elway and Xanadu should get Executives of the Year.......

It all depends on what Tebow is willing to do. He has talked a lot about how he just wants to win. Well, move to TE/FB and be an awesome weapon for Manning to use. Another great thing about this, is it can free up an extra roster spot if you have the backup QB able to also play TE/FB as a primary position...

If the reports about Tebow and his camp being pissed about this are true then yeah, get that 3rd rounder IF you can get it but that may be easier said than done. I would hate to give up a player that brings that "it factor" for a 5th round pick just because we needed to get rid of him.

BroncoStud
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Tim is under contract for several more years. He comes dirt cheap less his incentives. He has proven he can play and win. There is NO reason to remove him from the roster unless he pulls a Kyle Orton and becomes a locker room cancer.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
It all depends on what Tebow is willing to do. He has talked a lot about how he just wants to win. Well, move to TE/FB and be an awesome weapon for Manning to use. Another great thing about this, is it can free up an extra roster spot if you have the backup QB able to also play TE/FB as a primary position...

If the reports about Tebow and his camp being pissed about this are true then yeah, get that 3rd rounder IF you can get it but that may be easier said than done. I would hate to give up a player that brings that "it factor" for a 5th round pick just because we needed to get rid of him.

That it factor is so cliche, the lockerroom is not the fairytale that people wanna believe. The players want teammates that do their job, they don't care about the Rah Rah bullshit, that's what cheerleaders are for. If he is willing to switch positions and plays well that goes a long way toward earning that mythical "it factor" reputation.

Personally, l think Tebow would make a perfect backup QB, and there is nothing wrong with that. He's unscripted, he does best when there is no structure, when there is chaos, he's sandlot football. And one thing we know about backup QB's is they don't get a lot of reps, if any, and Tebow doesn't need reps to do what little he can do.......

TimBuff10
03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
That it factor is so cliche, the lockerroom is not the fairytale that people wanna believe. The players want teammates that do their job, they don't care about the Rah Rah bullshit, that's what cheerleaders are for. If he is willing to switch positions and plays well that goes a long way toward earning that mythical "it factor" reputation.

Personally, l think Tebow would make a perfect backup QB, and there is nothing wrong with that. He's unscripted, he does best when there is no structure, when there is chaos, he's sandlot football. And one thing we know about backup QB's is they don't get a lot of reps, if any, and Tebow doesn't need reps to do what little he can do.......

Agree with most of your post but I am not talking about the locker room. I am talking about the emotion he brings on the field. Players talked about it last year, Champ talked about it a lot on his radio shows. The guys brings that emotion that runs through the team and makes things happen. Bowlen can sign all the talent he wants but if there isn't any emotion out there, the team will be flat and fall on its face. Not saying we won't have this without Tebow, but we know that is something he can bring and in a great way!

jhildebrand
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Tebow's wins are a fluke or smoke and mirrors or belong to the D/Miller. Just quit the kid. Let him retire into the wild blue....

Dzone
03-12-2012, 01:38 AM
We will rue the day we got rid of Tebow.

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 03:07 AM

From what I can tell.. reports are that Tebow is taking the whole situation philosophicly.. the reports that Tim is pissed are not based on any facts I have seen.
The "rattled" report was made up... by the reporter who got a "no comment" from the Tebow camp.

Personaly, I have no idea how Tim is taking it.... but I dont think anybody else does , either. Tim has been NOTHING BUT PROFESSIONAL throughout this process.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 03:10 AM
From what I can tell.. reports are that Tebow is taking the whole situation philosophicly.. the reports that Tim is pissed are not based on any facts I have seen.
The "rattled" report was made up... by the reporter who got a "no comment" from the Tebow camp.

Personaly, I have no idea how Tim is taking it.... but I dont think anybody else does , either. Tim has been NOTHING BUT PROFESSIONAL throughout this process.

No matter what happens with Manning, I hope Tim remains a Bronco. Don't know if that is possible if we land Manning.

Northman
03-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Not sure what the FO will do if we sign Manning but as i stated yesterday even if the FO doesnt think Tim will make it as a QB or in the mold they like i do believe they like a lot of the other things Tebow brings to the table; leadership, athleticism, and a desire to win. Tim once said he would do whatever is asked of him and although i know he wants to be a QB Denver may keep him for the things that he is really good at even if its not being a QB.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Not sure what the FO will do if we sign Manning but as i stated yesterday even if the FO doesnt think Tim will make it as a QB or in the mold they like i do believe they like a lot of the other things Tebow brings to the table; leadership, athleticism, and a desire to win. Tim once said he would do whatever is asked of him and although i know he wants to be a QB Denver may keep him for the things that he is really good at even if its not being a QB.

I would be very disappointed to see Tim go. He brings an energy to the team and a will to win that looks unparalleled. You can't have to many guys like that.

Dirk
03-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Hopefully if they sign Peyton, Tebow stays with the team and learns form one of the best. What could be better. Peyton has only 3 maybe 4 years left if he is lucky. Have Tebow be the backup and learn how to study film, read defenses and work on his foot work and throwing for a few more years. If he isn't getting it by the time his contract is up, then it's time to say goodbye.

I have a very bad feeling that if they let Tebow go, he will turn into the QB I think he will and the Broncos will regret it.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Hopefully if they sign Peyton, Tebow stays with the team and learns form one of the best. What could be better. Peyton has only 3 maybe 4 years left if he is lucky. Have Tebow be the backup and learn how to study film, read defenses and work on his foot work and throwing for a few more years. If he isn't getting it by the time his contract is up, then it's time to say goodbye.

I have a very bad feeling that if they let Tebow go, he will turn into the QB I think he will and the Broncos will regret it.

My thoughts exactly.

MileHighCrew
03-12-2012, 07:39 AM
I can't see a downside of keeping Tebow if they sign PM besides having a few Teboi's screaming for him to play. He is a total team player, and even if he doesn't like it he wouldn't say shit if his mouth was full. The nice thing to do would be trade him to Jax, let him be the hero and save the team from moving to LA, but the NFL isn't about being nice. Put him on the bench, hire a QB guru to work with him full time to learn how to throw and ride Manning for all he is worth.