PDA

View Full Version : What does Peyton Want More...Money....or a Superbowl?

WARHORSE
03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Denver has enough salary cap space to sign alot of players should they choose to. Just how to the numbers add up?

If Peyton comes to Denver, he will undoubtedly have a desire to see Reggie Wayne here as well. That could be tricky. We do not want to overpay Reggie simply because Peyton wants him, yet Waynes agents will undoubtedly leverage Peytons desires against the Broncos.

One good thing in the situation for the Broncos is that there is more than one receiver available from Peytons former team, including Garcon, Gonzales and Dallas Clark.

But how would Mario Williams sound to Peyton Manning? Dwight Freeney?

Does anyone think Indy is going to hold on to Freeney? They want to move him, but no one will pick up his contract.

Peytons asking price will be incentive laden. But there is also the incentive of other free agents.

Is Peyton willing to give the Broncos room to sign more for the superbowl chore?

Heres what I want Peyton: Choose Denver. Then tell them to go ahead and sign some players that are gonna be needed to get us there.

THEN negotiate your contract.

Youre AWESOME Peyton. Take a bean for the team.

Tebow would. ;)

gregbroncs
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
To hell with that. You can't build a team around a player till the player is signed on the dotted line.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Freeney would have to be via trade and he's due a LOT of cash. PASS. I just assume pay Mario, who is much younger, w/o needing to trade away picks.

Wayne won't get a huge payday and he knows it. He'll get paid well, but it won't be a bad contract. I'd love to grab both he and Garcon. Let's face it, Royal may be as good as gone and Wayne will be out of the league in 2 years. Plus DT isn't the picture of health either. Say no to Clark. I'd give Saturday a vet minimum deal.

WARHORSE
03-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Freeney would have to be via trade and he's due a LOT of cash. PASS. I just assume pay Mario, who is much younger, w/o needing to trade away picks.

Wayne won't get a huge payday and he knows it. He'll get paid well, but it won't be a bad contract. I'd love to grab both he and Garcon. Let's face it, Royal may be as good as gone and Wayne will be out of the league in 2 years. Plus DT isn't the picture of health either. Say no to Clark. I'd give Saturday a vet minimum deal.

Freeney will be released imo, and anyone who give up even a 7th rounder for him is an idiot cause hes not worth the salary.
Id take Wayne though, even Dallas. Mario and Peyton would be a dream I wouldnt want to wake from.

No matter what, fill this roster with players via draft and FAgency. Bring it to a boil!

The Peytonator
03-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Peyton actually offered last year during negotiations to take a lesser contract, but Irsay wouldn't allow it. He was adamant about at least giving him Brady money. Funny how things work out ehh?

I bet he would play for a decent deal in Denver. Him and Reggie I'm sure would both like to hook up on a new team, winning is more important to them.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Peyton actually offered last year during negotiations to take a lesser contract, but Irsay wouldn't allow it. He was adamant about at least giving him Brady money. Funny how things work out ehh?

I bet he would play for a decent deal in Denver. Him and Reggie I'm sure would both like to hook up on a new team, winning is more important to them.

We've got money, nearly $50 million in cap room. Pretty much the best cap situation in the league. Depending on what Peyton wants, there is plenty left to sign some Colts and others. There are a number of places the front office might go with there cap space, defensive tackle, inside linebacker, corner and safety. Offensively we are looking for another running back, wideout and upgrading the offensive line if they decide to replace Beedles or Walton.