PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Peyton Manning has Contacted the Broncos

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Per Vic Lombardi

Just heard from my peoples. Broncos now 95% confident he'll sign with Denver. Their number, not mine.

RT @MileHighMonday: Why so confident... what changed?----Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT

Figured this deserved new thread, feel free to merge if not.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
wow, I hope this is true!!

OrangeHoof
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Better make sure to give him a physical and a workout before you sign him.

Krugan
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Might have just called to say "get bent".

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
wow, I hope this is true!!

Me too!! I have had my eye on twitter all evening and will be keeping close tabs tomorrow.

Vic seems to have someone he trusts giving him info, so hopefully its all legit.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Timing seems strange.

Thnikkaman
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
****. I hope the Rockies win the world stores. Football in Denvers going to suck for a while

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Timing seems strange.

Why is that?

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Why is that?

He's got time to make a decision and hasn't heard all the pitches. I guess if he's decided he's decided, just not sure why he wouldn't at least hear Miami out.

Basically we weren't 'supposed' to know until around tuesday, so this seems strange to me. Of course, it could be totally legit/normal, just my gut.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:14 PM
****. I hope the Rockies win the world stores. Football in Denvers going to suck for a while

you're not a fan of this tink??

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM

That's what l was thinking too.......

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM

:lol:

DenBronx
Looks like he will be a Bronco by dawn.

PAINTERDAVE

Not gonna happen..

If PM says I want you.. John Elway will cream his jeans..
a workout/physical wont be more than a dog and pony show.

We will watch PM for about half a season ... until his glass neck breaks again.

Then we will be right back to square one.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
#7 must have told Vic Lombardi to shut up....looks like it wasnt true.

MichelleBeisner: Broncos source confirms with me, they have not been in talks with Manning at all today (Sun). Respectful of process.

sneakers
03-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't think I will be able to stop hating payton manning after all these years if he does sign....I have gotten so used to it by now.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Not gonna happen..

If PM says I want you.. John Elway will cream his jeans..
a workout/physical wont be more than a dog and pony show.

We will watch PM for about half a season ... until his glass neck breaks again.

Then we will be right back to square one.

You do realize that LB's have played through the same surgery? He's taking a risk but so is every player in the NFL.......

gregbroncs
With all of the Manning threads I don't know where to put this. But the rumor is Tebow will go to Jaxsonville if we get Peyton. So will Jax give up MJD? They really could use Tebow to fill their stadium. Why should we give him up cheap? Probably a pipe dream but if your going to go for it. Go big.

camdisco24
Just to give more insight:

Per Lindsay Jones:

#broncos source said team officials were not in touch with Manning today. Team respecting Manning's free agent process.

Did Lombardi jump the gun on this one? We'll see...

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
MODS: Can one of you change the title so it starts with REPORT:

Thanks! (Should have done that myself)

dogfish
03-11-2012, 11:25 PM
the plot thickens. . . i can't take the drama!

RebelRocker
#7 must have told Vic Lombardi to shut up....looks like it wasnt true.

MichelleBeisner: Broncos source confirms with me, they have not been in talks with Manning at all today (Sun). Respectful of process.

Haven't we learned by now that we should usually trust the local source over the "fly in" national media?

Looks like Lindsay Jones confirms Beisner's report, so unfortunately, it's probably true.

wayninja
My gut wins again.

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
My gut wins again.

ehh wouldnt go that far, he very well could have and Vic wasn't supposed to know about it. He's been pretty "in" on all his info so far.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Who knows? :lol:

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
ehh wouldnt go that far, he very well could have and Vic wasn't supposed to know about it. He's been pretty "in" on all his info so far.

While you are right, the level of sensitivity on this has gotten to a ridiculous level.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
looks like we wont hear anything until Tuesday.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Thnikk, why is it you like Peyton so much?

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
While you are right, the level of sensitivity on this has gotten to a ridiculous level.

Sensitivity from a news standpoint or people being sensitive?

I've noticed some Tebowites being a little sensitive but most Broncos fans seem pretty grounded about this, waiting it all out.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Sensitivity from a news standpoint or people being sensitive?

I've noticed some Tebowites being a little sensitive but most Broncos fans seem pretty grounded about this, waiting it all out.

I meant sensitivity from a news standpoint. Individuals are perpetually sensitive.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:39 PM
I want it all done by Tuesday what ever is going to happen with Manning and/or Tebow, so BRONCOS can concentrate on FA.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 11:39 PM

He doesn't need one. The only physical Payton needs to do is sign on that dotted line.

I think we need to sign Payton Manning to a 4 year contract at QB, and 5 years at Head Coach or O.C after he is done with his QB contract. Is that possible?? A 9 year contract?? :salute:

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Haven't we learned by now that we should usually trust the local source over the "fly in" national media?

Looks like Lindsay Jones confirms Beisner's report, so unfortunately, it's probably true.

Vic Lombardi IS local....he has usually been spot on his reports. He is still standing by it, saying Manning contacted the Broncos and to read in to as you will.

Ziggy
03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
With all of the Manning threads I don't know where to put this. But the rumor is Tebow will go to Jaxsonville if we get Peyton. So will Jax give up MJD? They really could use Tebow to fill their stadium. Why should we give him up cheap? Probably a pipe dream but if your going to go for it. Go big.

MJD for Tebow? Good Lord. Tebow's value doesn't go up if we get Manning, it goes down.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Vic Lombardi IS local....he has usually been spot on his reports. He is still standing by it, saying Manning contacted the Broncos and to read in to as you will.

You would assume a big part of Payton Mannings decision is because he knows Tom Brady has a 2-9 record against the Broncos all time. Maybe Manning wants to take the psychological approach in the playoffs playing Tom Brady with his new Broncos defense.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 11:48 PM
MJD for Tebow? Good Lord. Tebow's value doesn't go up if we get Manning, it goes down.

Tebow's value was at its peak after the playoffs. He isnt worth much now. Jags will not pick up Tebow, since they are already developing Blaine Gabbert. They have too much into Gabbert to give him a year of starting, then dump him off for a QB who doesnt pass the ball.

Ziggy
03-11-2012, 11:48 PM
The Broncos defense is very similar to the Colts D. 2 great edge rushers and speed on D. The Broncos D would look pretty darn good playing with a big lead every so often.

Ziggy
03-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Tebow's value was at its peak after the playoffs. He isnt worth much now. Jags will not pick up Tebow, since they are already developing Blaine Gabbert. They have too much into Gabbert to give him a year of starting, then dump him off for a QB who doesnt pass the ball.

Gabbert or not, the Jags would sell out every game with Tebow on the roster. The new owner will give up at least a 3rd, but to think that the Broncos are going to get a return like MJD is crazy.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Gabbert or not, the Jags would sell out every game with Tebow on the roster. The new owner will give up at least a 3rd, but to think that the Broncos are going to get a return like MJD is crazy.

The Jags have sold out every game since 2009. Its Miami that needs help selling tickets. About 11000 seats every home game in Miami needs to be bought by ownership at 25 cents on the dollar to ensure non black out games.

RebelRocker
03-11-2012, 11:54 PM

I KNOW! I was talking about Beisner, genius. LINDSAY JONES is local as well and SHE has reported the same thing that Beisner reported.

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 11:55 PM
The Jags have sold out every game since 2009. Its Miami that needs help selling tickets. About 11000 seats every home game in Miami needs to be bought by ownership at 25 cents on the dollar to ensure non black out games.

I agree that Miami needs help too, but Jacksonville hasnt come close to selling out every game since 2009....

I remember they were on MNF and the Jags had put huge signage over blocks of empty seats.

HammeredOut
03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I agree that Miami needs help too, but Jacksonville hasnt come close to selling out every game since 2009....

I remember they were on MNF and the Jags had put huge signage over blocks of empty seats.

The Jags have to buy about 6000 seats like the miami ownership does. Overall, its Miami that needs the most help. Tebow would make a great fit in Miami to fill up those seats, and get more value per ticket. Along with jersey sales, he could pick the Miami franchise up off its back. The only problem, is he has to play Brady 2 times a year.

DenBronx
03-12-2012, 12:01 AM
I KNOW! I was talking about Beisner, genius. LINDSAY JONES is local as well and SHE has reported the same thing that Beisner reported.

I KNOW! I was telling you that there was two conflicting reports from TWO local reporters, genius!

camdisco24
03-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Well... heading to bed...

Will tomorrow be the day we find our our Peyton Manning fate?? I hope so because its really distracting!!!

dogfish
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM

heh. . . if the jags would give us their second, we might have a shot at doug martin. . . their third would probably get us chris polk or robert turbin. . . MJD is too dear for the jags to give up (he's their whole offense), and we can find a much cheaper option. . .

wayninja
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm still hoping there is a surprise announcement at 3am, so I'll hold out til then generously refreshing my twatter.

dogfish
03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I meant sensitivity from a news standpoint. Individuals are perpetually sensitive.

i'm going to cry like a little girl whether we get him or not. . .

DenBronx
03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
heh. . . if the jags would give us their second, we might have a shot at doug martin. . . their third would probably get us chris polk or robert turbin. . . MJD is too dear for the jags to give up (he's their whole offense), and we can find a much cheaper option. . .

Three trade options with the Jags.

Trade Tebow straight accross for MJD
Trade our #25 & Tebow for the 7th overall
Trade Tebow for 2nd rounder and some change

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Three trade options with the Jags.

Trade Tebow straight accross for MJD
Trade our #25 & Tebow for the 7th overall
Trade Tebow for 2nd rounder and some change

Not a chance in hell would Jax trade MJD straight up for Tebow.

Foochacho
03-12-2012, 12:16 AM
all three of those options have teeb's value too high.

Foochacho
03-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Think about what the falcons gave up to jump like that last year.

BORDERLINE
03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Well from the breaking news that wasn't really news IT appears Manning is favoring (strongly) The Broncos. I hope EFX did their research into his injury and are sure he can be 100 or close to 100.

Now if all this is true the spotlight shifts to Tebow. In my opinion Tebow deserved more time and patience. But A QB like Manning is not available in FA that often so we are upgrading no doubt about IT.

IMO if this goes down Teebs will be shipped out of town. I see most of you don't believe we can get MJD for Tebow straight UP. But what if we throw in a 3rd rounder? The Jags can go after P.Hillis and replace MJD fairly easily that way. All while getting the HOMETOWN star in the process. They can in turn ship out Gabbert to a team like the Seahawks/Fins for other players or whatever.

I can see this happening.

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 01:14 AM
You do realize that LB's have played through the same surgery? He's taking a risk but so is every player in the NFL.......

Name me ONE (1) linebacker who has had FOUR (4) neck surgeries and then is still playing at 36 years old.

Just ONE.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Name me ONE (1) linebacker who has had FOUR (4) neck surgeries and then is still playing at 36 years old.

Just ONE.

I think Kiwanuka had the surgery but wtf does age have to do with it? You're somehow more susceptible to breaking your neck as a 36-year-old QB than a 28-year-old LB or a 25-year-old QB that plays like a RB? And fwiw, l think Manning had only one fusion surgery on the neck, hopefully that eases your concern for Manning.......

Canmore
03-12-2012, 01:24 AM
I think Kiwanuka had the surgery but wtf does age have to do with it? You're somehow more susceptible to breaking your neck as a 36-year-old QB than a 28-year-old LB or a 25-year-old QB that plays like a RB? And fwiw, l think Manning had only one fusion surgery on the neck, hopefully that eases your concern for Manning.......

I feel a lot better now knowing of the four surgeries only one was a fusion. What were the other three?

RebelRocker
03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I KNOW! I was telling you that there was two conflicting reports from TWO local reporters, genius!

Exactly. But one had the same exact report that the national media has and apparently, the rumor has been squashed. I wouldn't be surprised if Vic is right, I'm just doing the numbers.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Exactly. But one had the same exact report that the national media has and apparently, the rumor has been squashed. I wouldn't be surprised if Vic is right, I'm just doing the numbers.

Where there is smoke?

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 01:36 AM
I feel a lot better now knowing of the four surgeries only one was a fusion. What were the other three?

Not sure about the 1st, a damaged nerve l think. But l think the 2nd and 4th were the fusion and the nerve regeneration, the 3rd was believed to be bone spurs.......

Canmore
03-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Not sure about the 1st, a damaged nerve l think. But l think the 2nd and 4th were the fusion and the nerve regeneration, the 3rd was believed to be bone spurs.......

As much as I am in favor of bring Manning to Dove Valley, it doesn't sound good.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 01:47 AM
As much as I am in favor of bring Manning to Dove Valley, it doesn't sound good.

One neck surgery doesn't sound good, but it's his choice and he's been cleared to play. Joe Montana had the surgery, Chris Weinke had the surgery, they both said what they'd worry about most is the nerve regenerating. Weinke said he actually came away with better velocity.......

Northman
03-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Ill still wait for the final verdict before getting too excited. While i would be happy as all get out with Manning here im still a bit shocked that we are even in the running but it doesnt hurt my feelings any.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2012, 04:11 AM

The Jags ownership has to buy the seats, too. The Jags haven't actually sold out a game in like 3 years. Wayne Weaver bought any unsold tickets last year out of his own pocket to keep them from being blacked out. He was also financing season tickets to the fans last year in what he called the "Team Teal Deal". A buy now, pay later scheme for season tickets to try to sell tickets. If it wasn't for ALLTEL and EVERBANK the two companies who paid big money for stadium naming rights, the Jags would've already moved.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 04:41 AM
The Jags ownership has to buy the seats, too. The Jags haven't actually sold out a game in like 3 years. Wayne Weaver bought any unsold tickets last year out of his own pocket to keep them from being blacked out. He was also financing season tickets to the fans last year in what he called the "Team Teal Deal". A buy now, pay later scheme for season tickets to try to sell tickets. If it wasn't for ALLTEL and EVERBANK the two companies who paid big money for stadium naming rights, the Jags would've already moved.

Tebow would allow them to uncover those seats they have tarps over.

Northman
03-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Its not hard to see that when the Jags play (even on a Monday night vs Bmore) that half the stadium is empty. If the owner is buying tickets he is still losing out. It would be a no brainer for him to take Tebow on that team as it would change things drastically for them in terms of revenue.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Its not hard to see that when the Jags play (even on a Monday night vs Bmore) that half the stadium is empty. If the owner is buying tickets he is still losing out. It would be a no brainer for him to take Tebow on that team as it would change things drastically for them in terms of revenue.

Tebow would put butts in the seats. If he turns out to be the player I think he is it will be for fifteen seasons. Roll the dice and take your chances.

gregbroncs
03-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Its not hard to see that when the Jags play (even on a Monday night vs Bmore) that half the stadium is empty. If the owner is buying tickets he is still losing out. It would be a no brainer for him to take Tebow on that team as it would change things drastically for them in terms of revenue.This is why you may be able to get MJD. I don't think it is straight up. But the Broncos have other pieces they can move. Hell Moreno could be included and/or a pick.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Sounds like Manning is gonna drag this shit out longer than it needs to be:rolleyes:. This tells me he wants to sign with the Cardinals but wants to see what kind of moves they make first in FA especially for that oline. Or see how the SF situation pans out.

MileHighCrew
03-12-2012, 10:40 AM
MODS: Can one of you change the title so it starts with REPORT:

Thanks! (Should have done that myself)

Done

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I dont give a shit who he signs with. Tired of this drama already

chazoe60
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I dont give a shit who he signs with. Tired of this drama already

Just rolly with it chazzy.

BigDaddyBronco
03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
You know, after years of being rejected by big name FA's, it would be nice to win one.

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Just rolly with it chazzy.

Its going to be another week before this shit ends.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
You know, after years of being rejected by big name FA's, it would be nice to win one.

Who do you believe the BRONCOS will go after come Tuesday? BTW, Skip Bayless says BRONCOS no go for Peyton:lol:

G_Money
03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Its going to be another week before this shit ends.

A week? Before the Manning/Tebow drama ends?

I never figured you for a blazing optimist, Coach. :salute:

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport

Broncos official wants it known: Manning didn't call team today or tonight & inform they're 95% fave. Manning source already refuted to me
10:39 PM - 11 Mar 12 via web · Details

http://twitter.com/#!/MORTREPORT

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Who do you believe the BRONCOS will go after come Tuesday? BTW, Skip Bayless says BRONCOS no go for Peyton:lol:

Bayless is permanently attached to Tebow's sack

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 11:18 AM
A week? Before the Manning/Tebow drama ends?

I never figured you for a blazing optimist, Coach. :salute:

~G

I chalk it up to selfish desire. I PRAY it's over in a week.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Bayless is permanently attached to Tebow's sack

:lol: That was the point

Nomad
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
I chalk it up to selfish desire. I PRAY it's over in a week.

Depends on what Archie decides

HammeredOut
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Well... heading to bed...

Will tomorrow be the day we find our our Peyton Manning fate?? I hope so because its really distracting!!!

Vegas has odds for this transaction. Peyton whispers around Denver just made them a near favorite for next years superbowl. Its too bad we couldn't have laid down the bet before this information became public.

MileHighCrew
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
OmarKelly Omar Kelly by VicLombardi
RT @davehydesports: Dolphins are out of the running for Peyton Manning, a source said. Add this from Profootballtalk Despite reports that Alex Smith is unhappy about the 49ers only offering him a three-year contract, Smith says he’s perfectly content and expects to re-sign in San Francisco.

Looks like Miami and the 49ers are out.

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Well age does make difference. As you get old it takes longer to heal. Having neck or back surgery even once is big deal fact is once a back or a neck they're never same. Just ask Lancane.

Personally I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the fact that Manning has had four surgeries just because only one of them was a fusion. Him having just having one of those surgeries as fusion should be a concern. When you fuse bones together you lose range of motion.

Denver is going to do what they're going to do. If they Manning so be it. I hope it works out for the best. Signing Manning means they're trying to find a short cut to Super Bowl title. I don't have problem with that in and of itself but I can't think of one instance where a future hall of fame quarterback like Manning has gone to another team and won a Super Bowl.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Well age does make difference. As you get old it takes longer to heal. Having neck or back surgery even once is big deal fact is once a back or a neck they're never same. Just ask Lancane.

Personally I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the fact that Manning has had four surgeries just because only one of them was a fusion. Him having just having one of those surgeries as fusion should be a concern. When you fuse bones together you lose range of motion.

Denver is going to do what they're going to do. If they Manning so be it. I hope it works out for the best. Signing Manning means they're trying to find a short cut to Super Bowl title. I don't have problem with that in and of itself but I can't think of one instance where a future hall of fame quarterback like Manning has gone to another team and won a Super Bowl.

No I can't think of any Hall of Fame quarterback that has won Super Bowls with multiple teams. Teams usually don't get rid of franchise quarterbacks. Montana is the only Hall of Famer that comes to mind. and he fell short.

The four surgeries are a real concern. Still, Hall Fame quarterbacks don't grow on trees. It is worth the risk. If it pays off we could be looking at more Lombardi(s).

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 12:22 PM

I don't know if I would cheer for them to win the world stores but I would cheer for them win the World Series since I'm a fan of the N.L. :D

catfish
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM

called to say he left his sunglasses in Elways office, wanted to see if they would mail them to Arizona for him ;)