PDA

View Full Version : What do you want out of this QB love triangle?

Davii
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Ok, as I see it there are only three ways this goes down...

A) Manning signs, Tebow traded, QB drafted to groom

B) Manning signs, Tebow stays to groom/grow for the future

C) No Manning, Tebow is the man with 2 more qbs added to groom/compete.

Personally, I love Manning and am excited by the possibilities he brings. But to me option A is unacceptable. Whether Manning comes or not I think it us entirely too early, and foolish, to give up on Tebow.

Get Manning, keep Tebow.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't see plan B happening.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I prefer B, but if that can't happen, I have to go with C. Manning is probably the best of all time, but his playing days are numbered and I definitely don't want to get stuck in a Favre situation with no plan.

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Tebows gone now whether Manning is signed or not. Damage is already done.

Also there's option D: where Manning gets hit and his neck falls apart. I think you would need to sign Matt Flynn as Manning's backup to avoid this potential scenario.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't think Tebow is as bitter as many make him out to be. If he practices what he preaches then it's all in God's plan in what happens and no use being angry but grateful the BRONCOS gave him a chance and he'll give it his all wherever he goes.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Ok, as I see it there are only three ways this goes down...

A) Manning signs, Tebow traded, QB drafted to groom

B) Manning signs, Tebow stays to groom/grow for the future

C) No Manning, Tebow is the man with 2 more qbs added to groom/compete.

Personally, I love Manning and am excited by the possibilities he brings. But to me option A is unacceptable. Whether Manning comes or not I think it us entirely too early, and foolish, to give up on Tebow.

Get Manning, keep Tebow.

Idealy, Tebow could stay and sit behind the master. Still play during those 2-3 years in goaline situations or take over late if were up by alot. He would have some very valuable time spent learning the game and I would hope Manning would take the time to show Tebow everything he knows.

However, have you seen Curtis Painter play??? Sorgi??? Manning hasnt really had a guy in the helm that has ever lit the NFL on fire.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I would think Quinn would stay in Denver as a veteran backup if Tebow was dealt.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Idealy, Tebow could stay and sit behind the master. Still play during those 2-3 years in goaline situations or take over late if were up by alot. He would have some very valuable time spent learning the game and I would hope Manning would take the time to show Tebow everything he knows.

However, have you seen Curtis Painter play??? Sorgi??? Manning hasnt really had a guy in the helm that has ever lit the NFL on fire.

I'm sure Tebow is cool with that, but it's EXF that's more than likely not.

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't think Tebow is as bitter as many make him out to be. If he practices what he preaches then it's all in God's plan in what happens and no use being angry but grateful the BRONCOS gave him a chance and he'll give it his all wherever he goes.

He's the ultimate competitor. Being demoted last year behind Orton and Quinn and now this. He's not going to take it.
He's been quoted as saying that some people get the wrong impression that religious guys are soft and weak and that that's not true.

Does this guy seem calm? No he's full of fire and determination:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qodBTlMtA

Elway and Fox have burned their bridge with Tebow. They really messed up the way they handled the Manning situation.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
He's the ultimate competitor. Being demoted last year behind Orton and Quinn and now this. He's not going to take it.
He's been quoted as saying that some people get the wrong impression that religious guys are soft and weak and that that's not true.

Elway and Fox have burned their bridge with Tebow. They really messed up the way they handled the Manning situation.

Who say religious guys are soft and weak perhaps more forgiving and understanding? I understand the competativeness of Tebow but considering who Manning is, I'm sure his respect for him and learning from him outweighs any hard feelings. I could be wrong but I haven't heard Tebow make a stink about this.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Tebows gone now whether Manning is signed or not. Damage is already done.

Also there's option D: where Manning gets hit and his neck falls apart. I think you would need to sign Matt Flynn as Manning's backup to avoid this potential scenario.

I understand speculation, but you are saying this like you know it for a fact or have some source. Care to share?

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm sure Tebow is cool with that, but it's EXF that's more than likely not.

Feeling may be mutual....last we heard anything regarding Tebow was they were upset and rattled. Sound familiar? Cutler didnt handle it well. The nicest of nice people wouldnt either. It's business yes but when you put blood sweat and tears into something it becomes emotional. I doubt Tebow wants to be here.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Who say religious guys are soft and weak perhaps more forgiving and understanding? I understand the competativeness of Tebow but considering who Manning is, I'm sure his respect for him and learning from him outweighs any hard feelings. I could be wrong but I haven't heard Tebow make a stink about this.

Contrary to modern day beliefs, history will show you that Christian men had to fight very bloody battles.

red98
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM

What do you mean "not going to take it"?

Tebow is under contract. He has no leverage whatsoever. If the Broncos want to keep him, with or without Manning, they will. There is nothing Tebow can do about it.

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I understand speculation, but you are saying this like you know it for a fact or have some source. Care to share?

No source. Just based on observing his personality and seeing how the current situation is handled. I think it's fair to say that if you put yourself in his shoes and were assured the starting QB job, it would be a slap in the face to woo Manning publicly as soon as he was on the market. I just can't see this ending well if Manning isn't signed. Nobody wants to feel like they are just some backup plan.

I would have much rather had any Manning negotiations kept secret.

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
What do you mean "not going to take it"?

Tebow is under contract. He has no leverage whatsoever. If the Broncos want to keep him, with or without Manning, they will. There is nothing Tebow can do about it.

See Jay Cutler-Josh McDummy saga.

FanInAZ

Yes, Tebow is a Christian who is supposed to live by Divine principle, but he's also a very young human being that is just as prone to being stung by the unexpected as any other human being. Hopefully he can handle this situation in the most ideal manner possible, but I won't stone if he doesn't handle this like a Christian twice his age and with a lifetime of experience in dealing with major disappointments.

Softskull
I think there should be another catagory. None of the above.

Don't get me wrong. I love PM. But here's the problem with Peyton. The team last year was going in a completely different direction. A slow moving offense that allows the defense long resting periods. Lots o' running and grinding to wear teams out. Drafting the BPA to get the most bang for our buck. I liked what we doing as we set ourselves up for the long term. This just feels like we're abandoning everything we were setting up (with our without Tebow) for the quick potential cash in. It's not often you get a crack at a GOAT, but if I were calling the shots in Dove Valley, I would pass on Peyton and continue to look for our franchise QB (maybe Tebow, but I'm not convinced) and keep building in the same manner as last year...with more DTs.

That being said, it could be exicting with PM here.

Davii
I don't understand the thought of Tim wanting out, I just don't think he's that kind of person. Tim also knows his issues/limitations and I think he's smart enough to know that playing behind Manning could be the best thing for him.

red98
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
See Jay Cutler-Josh McDummy saga.

Why? There was nothing Cutler could do either. Cutler was traded because McIdiot wanted to trade him. Period.

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Why? There was nothing Cutler could do either. Cutler was traded because McIdiot wanted to trade him. Period.

When your QB starts mouthing off, you basically have to trade him or he's going to be a team cancer.
That's a situation McDummy created when he tried to get Matt Cassell. The message McDummy was sending in coveting Cassell was, Jay Cutler I don't want you here, you stink.

WARHORSE
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
If Manning does sign, then Tebow will have to decide whether he can sit for at a minimum, three years. Most likely five though imo. I just think Peyton is that good.

If Tebow says hed like to move on, then let him find a deal we like. If hes willing to stay, then let him learn.

While I know Tim is willing to learn, his contract demands he leave. He cant really afford to sit on the bench for two or three years, then hit free agency because his worth will be unknown unless he plays.

If hes not willing to risk the remainder of his contract, then he will need to hold a clipboard.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:01 PM
When your QB starts mouthing off, you basically have to trade him or he's going to be a team cancer.
That's a situation McDummy created when he tried to get Matt Cassell. The message McDummy was sending in coveting Cassell was, Jay Cutler I don't want you here, you stink.

I don't see Tebow being a cancer, ever, as long as he's on the field. I just don't get that vibe from him. Cutler, oh, absolutely. He could sulk like a champion. From Tebow? That'd be strange.

Again, I don't know the guy that well, he just doesn't strike me as the type.

Jsteve01
03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Best case scenario is tebow pulling a Steve young and getting so good that they can't.leave him on the bench.

red98

I don't agree and of course there are many instances where a player tried to force a trade and failed.

Even so, Tebow is a mature and PR savvy adult. He doesn't "mouth off" so no worries there. Also what little leverage Cutler had was to hold out for awhile and leave his team unprepared at the starting QB position.

With Tebow, if we sign Manning and keep him, well, no one cares if the back-up QB holds out. And if we don't get Manning Tebow would be, at the least, competing to be the starter.

Personally I think if there is any decent trade value they will trade Tebow if they get Manning. However I don't think Tebow has any decent trade value at this point so they will keep him

weazel
I don't see Tebow being a cancer, ever, as long as he's on the field. I just don't get that vibe from him. Cutler, oh, absolutely. He could sulk like a champion. From Tebow? That'd be strange.

Again, I don't know the guy that well, he just doesn't strike me as the type.

I have to agree with you

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM

Not to start a religious debate, but isn't true christianity based on the sole concept of forgivenes?

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Not to start a religious debate, but isn't true christianity based on the sole concept of forgivenes?

I could be wrong, but I think that's what Nomad was saying. Soft and weak is not the same as understanding and forgiving.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:23 PM

True! I brought it up because of what Tebow preaches. If he pulls a Cutler then he isn't practicing what he preaches. Yeah, we're all human but Tebow presents himself differently.

Either way, i'm fine with what the FO decides, but as some here have mentioned as well as myself, I don't see Tebow having alot of bitterness perhaps disappointment. But he'll move on without a grudge.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
True! I brought it up because of what Tebow preaches. If he pulls a Cutler then he isn't practicing what he preaches. Yeah, we're all human but Tebow presents himself differently.

Either way, i'm fine with what the FO decides, but as some here have mentioned as well as myself, I don't see Tebow having alot of bitterness perhaps disappointment. But he'll move on without a grudge.

I would think if it goes down the way the rumors say it will, Tebow will be in heaven playing in Florida. He would be a God playing there.
I was in Florida just over a year ago and tebow clothing outnumbered all other clothing 2-1.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I would think if it goes down the way the rumors say it will, Tebow will be in heaven playing in Florida. He would be a God playing there.
I was in Florida just over a year ago and tebow clothing outnumbered all other clothing 2-1.

That's what I would think, but someone here (forgot who) said the Jags are fully behind Gabbert. :whoknows: But I agree Tebow has an established fan base in Florida.

Northman
03-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Option B would be my first choice. I like a lot of the other things that Tebow brings to the table but i would ok with option A as well. If Tebow was traded than im all for it if it helps make the Broncos a better football team. If i was confident Tebow could be a great QB than i would have a bigger problem with it but i just dont see him improving like he needs too. Option C is the most likely the senario that will happen though as im not confident that Manning will get signed here.

Northman
03-12-2012, 04:31 AM

Forgiveness is part of it but "love" is actually the base for christianity.

I have no doubt that deep inside it hurts Tim that people (fans), the media, coaches, etc dont have the same type of faith in him as he does. But i said this last year that ive never seen a guy like Tim who dealt with the type of criticism that he took last year with the type of class that he has. Its no secret that i find a lot of christians to be hypocrites because of their grand standing and preaching but i believe 100% that Tebow lives and breathes it. And unfortuantely, although he is human he has put that persona out there that he can rise above it all through faith and for Tebow to pull a Cutler would do him and his image more harm than good. For Tim to lash out publically would open the door once again to not just the questions regarding his playing but also his demeanor and character and frankly i just dont see him allowing that too happen. Again, its not to say it doesnt hurt deep inside but i think that if Tebow is traded or plays behind Manning he will just continue to let what he does on the field speak for him. Even if he never improves i think he is ok with that as he seems like a really smart kid.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 04:33 AM
I selected option B. C may well be the player. I guess we will find out soon enough.

ShooterJM
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I just don't want PM. It'd be one thing if we had already had a few strong drafts to build our roster, but long term I don't like it. IF he plays to 40 and IF his neck holds up what do we have? He'll take a huge amount of money and we still have huge glaring needs at DT, OL, WR, CB, LB, and safety. It's not like we're a QB away from the super bowl.

vandammage13
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I prefer "B" but think it will be "A"

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM

LOL. Do you really see Manning driving the team downfield only to come out of the game in a goal-line situation? Good luck with that.

CoachChaz
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Option B would be my first choice. I like a lot of the other things that Tebow brings to the table but i would ok with option A as well. If Tebow was traded than im all for it if it helps make the Broncos a better football team. If i was confident Tebow could be a great QB than i would have a bigger problem with it but i just dont see him improving like he needs too. Option C is the most likely the senario that will happen though as im not confident that Manning will get signed here.

Simply based on the fact that a courtship with Manning has begun...I have to believe that EFX completely agrees with this

Thnikkaman
03-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I voted C. Not because I'm swinging on Tebow's jock, but because I don't think Manning should ever take another snap in the NFL again.

Hang 'em up Peyton.

catfish
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
That's what I would think, but someone here (forgot who) said the Jags are fully behind Gabbert. :whoknows: But I agree Tebow has an established fan base in Florida.

That would be me Nomad...just the vibe I got from the Jags forums. They seem to think that with a few more pieces Gabbert will be something special. He only struggled this year because there is no talent around him. They were talking about him breaking the franchise TD record next year. Also the GM is on record being pretty anti-tebow, but who knows that could be a smokescreen to drop the trade value to a 3rd rounder rather than a 1st

Nomad
03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
That would be me Nomad...just the vibe I got from the Jags forums. They seem to think that with a few more pieces Gabbert will be something special. He only struggled this year because there is no talent around him. They were talking about him breaking the franchise TD record next year. Also the GM is on record being pretty anti-tebow, but who knows that could be a smokescreen to drop the trade value to a 3rd rounder rather than a 1st

How could I forget a name like catfish!:lol:

jhildebrand
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I still fail to see how we draft the QBOTF with Manning.

The presumption if this team lands Manning is the Broncos become legitimate SB contenders. If so, then how do you draft the QBOTF in the 25-32 range? :confused:

If we are in a position to draft the QBOTF with Manning than that means his signing was a complete failure and this team will be saddled with one HUGE bad contract. BACK TO GROUND ZERO!

This is a higher stakes game than most are probably thinking.

I would rather continue building around Tebow. We have a lot of holes. Fill them all while seeing if the kid can improve to the point expected. If not, get the new QB after the holes are filled. That way the pressure is less on him. Rogers was successful early on in part because he has a solid team, Eli had a solid team, Matt Ryan has a solid team. Or we could just Carr the next kid.

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I still fail to see how we draft the QBOTF with Manning.

The presumption if this team lands Manning is the Broncos become legitimate SB contenders. If so, then how do you draft the QBOTF in the 25-32 range? :confused:

If we are in a position to draft the QBOTF with Manning than that means his signing was a complete failure and this team will be saddled with one HUGE bad contract. BACK TO GROUND ZERO!

This is a higher stakes game than most are probably thinking.

I would rather continue building around Tebow. We have a lot of holes. Fill them all while seeing if the kid can improve to the point expected. If not, get the new QB after the holes are filled. That way the pressure is less on him. Rogers was successful early on in part because he has a solid team, Eli had a solid team, Matt Ryan has a solid team. Or we could just Carr the next kid.

I think the hope would be either Tebow improves, or you get a project in the 2nd or 3rd round that you can mold into a starter, it doesn't even need to be this year. If Manning is healthy you have the luxury of sitting a QB while he learns, he doesn't need to be great out of the box like a 1st rounder is expected to be