PDA

View Full Version : Manning denies KC and Seattle a visit. Manning impressed with Broncos.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
There was a dog-and-pony show aspect to the Arizona Cardinals recruitment of prized free agent Peyton Manning on Sunday. His visit to the Broncos on Friday and Saturday was more understated.

Manning left Arizona on Sunday evening for Miami, where he lives, and it is believed he is looking to make a decision by Tuesday.

The Denver Post talked to multiple NFL sources Sunday, and here's what is known:

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20152563/peyton-manning-nearing-decision-is-impressed-broncos-sources

dogfish
03-11-2012, 10:05 PM
oh, and there's this;

The Cardinals are $16.4 million over the cap, as adjusted to reflect $2 million in 2011 carryover and $1.333 million in downward adjustments.

Amazingly, the Cardinals could have carried over $7.04 million. They opted only to carry over $2 million.

If they’d carried over the full amount, the Cardinals would have had to clear only $11.4 million by Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET. More importantly, the Cardinals would have had an extra $5 million to pay Manning.

For the Cardinals, the challenge will be to clear $16.4 million and then enough beyond that to fit Peyton’s contract under the cap.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/if-cards-want-manning-theyll-need-to-scramble-to-create-cap-space/

sure, they can cut kolb and make some other moves. . . but without making any moves, we have enough cap space to sign manning and one of his receivers, and still have room left for additional free agents. . . and a younger, better O-line than arizona. . .

we'll see if he meets with miami-- and i still fear san fran getting involved late. . .

this is kinda starting to feel like it could happen, though. . .

:defense: :defense:

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
oh, and there's this;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/if-cards-want-manning-theyll-need-to-scramble-to-create-cap-space/

sure, they can cut kolb and make some other moves. . . but without making any moves, we have enough cap space to sign manning and one of his receivers, and still have room left for additional free agents. . . and a younger, better O-line than arizona. . .

we'll see if he meets with miami-- and i still fear san fran getting involved late. . .

this is kinda starting to feel like it could happen, though. . .

:defense: :defense:

SF is the wrench:lol:

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Of all the hundreds of reports I found this one by Klis a few hours ago to be one of the most insightfull.

Yet no one has really commented on it. I found it to be an excellent article.

Northman
03-12-2012, 04:11 AM
SF is a interesting thing. I didnt realize that Smith was re-doing his contract. Im surprised that SF isnt pushing a little harder for Manning.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 04:40 AM
SF is a interesting thing. I didnt realize that Smith was re-doing his contract. Im surprised that SF isnt pushing a little harder for Manning.

SF would be an ideal landing spot for Peyton. Hope he doesn't go there.

Northman
03-12-2012, 04:46 AM
SF would be an ideal landing spot for Peyton. Hope he doesn't go there.

Indeed. Would only give me another reason to hate SF even more. lol