PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals vs Broncos

navysully
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey guys.

Just a heads up, I am a Cardinals fan, but I come in peace.

It looks like one of our two teams will be getting Manning. I, of course, think it will be us.

I read through your active threads and saw a huge lack of knowledge of our situation. What we bring to the table: Manning's close personal relationship with our head coach (golf buddies), Larry Fitzgerald (arguably the best receiver in the NFL), our state of the art dome stadium, our division, our running game, the Phoenix "culture" - whereas every celebrity at least owns a home in Phoenix. I would argue our only downside is our O-line. But we do have a nice draft pick and are expected to take a lineman there. We will make moves and sign a few free agents as well. So that is fixable.

I don't mean to be a homer here, but what does Denver bring to the table? (I am not trying to be mean, you guys aren't on our board either). Other than Elway, I see no advance to him coming to Denver. You may have a better line, but what are his receiving options?? It's cold there.

For these reasons when I sit back and look at this analytically, I see Manning only coming to Phoenix. You guys have Tebow and he is perfect for your offense. Get him a few weapons and let him be the beast he is. I like the Broncos. I like them even better with Tebow. Why would you want to give up on that? (I can't say the same for our QB's... lol)

navysully
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Oh and I will add that we have a history of doing well with older vets and having them do amazing things in the latter years. Warner, Edge James, Porter, etc.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Good luck to Manning facing the 9er's defense twice a year.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
1-Easier division to win (although I doubt true winners actually consider this)
2-You highly UNDER-rate or WR talent.
3-Better running game.
4-MONEY available to spend on PM and potentially his buddies

Warner was stud, but I doubt every aging QB thinks "guess its time to move to Zona". Surely Arizone is the ONLY team which can keep an aging QB's career going.
If yer reasoninng should be followed...maybe PM should go to KC (Montana) or Minnesota (Favre).

I also come in peace...but yer a straight homer. Your line is TERRIBLE. You have NO money to spend without making major changes to your team. You say we're uneducated in regards to your team, then repeat everything we've written...w/ the exception of famous people live in Zona. YAY! He has a home in Miami.

He could easily end up in Zone, just like he could easily end up in Denver, Miami or Tennessee. Homer.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't mean to be a homer here, but what does Denver bring to the table? (

The ability to pay Manning.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
And Edge? Really? That's an example to support your argument?

MasterShake
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Tebow is not perfect for any offense, thats the problem. We installed a hybrid that catered to his skillset, he needs to adjust to the NFL, no the other way around.

I think there are lots of things going for us

-Lots of cap room for not only him but all his team that just got cut
-Despite the reputation, Denver doesn't have many cold weather games. Its 60 degrees today.
-Mike McCoy has proven he will cater his offense to anyone, so he shouldn't have a problem giving Manning the reigns

Honestly I don't follow the Cards that closely. All of the things you have levied at Denver as being weaknesses are what I feel about Phoenix. The only player that really stands out to me is Fitz. I'd take our WR corp over Phoenix as far as I know. As far as O-Line, our weak point is Center but Saturday would be coming so thats no problem.

And stop trying to say we are better off with Tebow, it sounds like you are setting us up on a bad blind date. "He's great... honest!"

:)

wayninja
03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Too bad Denver has no history of older, Veteran QB's doing well late in their career.

MasterShake
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Too bad Denver has no history of older, Veteran QB's doing well late in their career.

Especially ones in a position of influence. Dreadful, really.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 08:00 PM
3-Better running game.

Warner was stud, but I doubt every aging QB thinks "guess its time to move to Zona". Surely Arizone is the ONLY team which can keep an aging QB's career going.
If yer reasoninng should be followed...maybe PM should go to KC (Montana) or Minnesota (Favre).

I also come in peace...but yer a straight homer. Your line is TERRIBLE. You have NO money to spend without making major changes to your team. You say we're uneducated in regards to your team, then repeat everything we've written...w/ the exception of famous people live in Zona. YAY! He has a home in Miami.

He could easily end up in Zone, just like he could easily end up in Denver, Miami or Tennessee. Homer.

Yes, as you said, the O-line. And Elway and Manning have also golfed together, and they are peers. John Fox is a hands-off coach, the type Manning likes. The Fox/Del Rio defense also has to be influential. Stokley's and Todd Helton's sales pitches don't hurt. And Denver has more money than the Cardinals.

But welcome, navysully! :welcome:

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:03 PM
3-Better running game.

Here is my counterpoints.
1. As you mentioned, this is quite irrelevant. But SD and the new look Oakland teams are no slouches.
2. Expand please. Marshall was talented but you let him walk. I tried to capitalize on your WR's in fantasy and was let down.
3. I would say our Running Backs are equal. You forgot about Ryan Williams, our #2 pick last year. Dude is a beast. Beanie Wells is pretty decent too. Moreno is good, but he does have a touch of the fumbilitis.
4. Money isn't an issue for us. Once we cut Kolb, thats all that we need. Plus we will sign Calais Campbell to a real deal vice a tag, cut or restructure Levi Brown, and cut Porter. We end up with a lot of money.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
And Edge? Really? That's an example to support your argument?

Edge came in and gave us back to back 1000+ yard seasons. For an old RB that is pretty nice.

chazoe60
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Oh, and not that it really matters, but there isn't a celebrity alive that doesn't have a second home or at least vacation in Colorado. Not sure why you think that matters.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes, as you said, the O-line. And Elway and Manning have also golfed together, and they are peers. John Fox is a hands-off coach, the type Manning likes. The Fox/Del Rio defense also has to be influential. Stokley's and Todd Helton's sales pitches don't hurt. And Denver has more money than the Cardinals.

But welcome, navysully! :welcome:
Thanks for the welcome! Thanks for allowing me to post :)

wayninja
03-11-2012, 08:08 PM
1. As you mentioned, this is quite irrelevant. But SD and the new look Oakland teams are no slouches.
2. Expand please. Marshall was talented but you let him walk. I tried to capitalize on your WR's in fantasy and was let down.
3. I would say our Running Backs are equal. You forgot about Ryan Williams, our #2 pick last year. Dude is a beast. Beanie Wells is pretty decent too. Moreno is good, but he does have a touch of the fumbilitis.
4. Money isn't an issue for us. Once we cut Kolb, thats all that we need. Plus we will sign Calais Campbell to a real deal vice a tag, cut or restructure Levi Brown, and cut Porter. We end up with a lot of money.

1. It's still an easier division, although I admit our schedule next year looks dismal.
2. DT and Decker are decent and getting better all the time. We also have the space to add whatever Manning feels he needs, including former Colt's alumni.
3. Moreno? Maybe you've heard of Willis McGahee?
4. Sure, you could make cuts in order to pay him. Some of that may be painful. Alternatively, The broncos can pay him and still cherry pick 1 or 2 manning feels he needs...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Expanding on #2...the answer is Tim Tebow.

Ryan Williams gets hurt EVERY year. Not impressed. Same w/ the Buckeye.

Zona has $$ for PM...but not his friends. And yer likely to lose your best of an awful OLine.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:10 PM
We can afford PM, Saturday, Wayne and still have money for Mario Williams.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM

SD is aging, and they have lost talent, not the least of whom is Vincent Jackson, who may very well be tempted to join the Broncos, once PM has signed.

A long since departed HC let Marshall walk, not anybody who's with the Broncos now. And you haven't seen Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker play. And I'm certain Royal would stay. Contrary to rumors, the Broncos are not hurting for WRs.

Funny, you didn't mention Pro Bowler McGahee. And there is still the draft and FA, and since Denver has more money than AZ, there will be plenty left to bring a RB or two aboard.

Yes, your team is going to have to become very creative to match Denver's money. In fact, they can't do it. Moreover, you're talking about the money just to sign Peyton. After Denver has done that, they will have money left to add to Peyton's supporting cast -- something AZ will not have. Peyton's no fool: He can see that.

PM may sign here, or he may sign there. But you absolutely do not have more incentives on paper. It is simply where Peyton is going to feel more comfortable, which is why he is "touring" without his agent.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Expanding on #2...the answer is Tim Tebow.

Ryan Williams gets hurt EVERY year. Not impressed. Same w/ the Buckeye.

Zona has $$ for PM...but not his friends. And yer likely to lose your best of an awful OLine.
Ryan Williams will be back! And he will rampage :)

Levi Brown is nowhere near our best o-lineman. Us Cards fans hate him. He can take a significant paycut or walk. You realize that's a 17 million in savings right? Add our other cuts (none are costly) and we end up with about 20m to spend. That's plenty to bring in some new talent. :) (O-line mostly)

topscribe
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Thanks for allowing me to post :)

Anybody's welcome, who minds their manners. We have a lot of rival posters here, whom we enjoy.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Ryan Williams will be back! And he will rampage :)

Levi Brown is nowhere near our best o-lineman. Us Cards fans hate him. He can take a significant paycut or walk. You realize that's a 17 million in savings right? Add our other cuts (none are costly) and we end up with about 20m to spend. That's plenty to bring in some new talent. :) (O-line mostly)

Peyton will take all of that.

We have @ $50 mil to spend.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
SD is aging, and they have lost talent, not the least of whom is Vincent Jackson, who may very well be tempted to join the Broncos, once PM has signed.

A long since departed HC let Marshall walk, not anybody who's with the Broncos now. And you haven't seen Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker play. And I'm certain Royal would stay. Contrary to rumors, the Broncos are not hurting for WRs.

Funny, you didn't mention Pro Bowler McGahee. And there is still the draft and FA, and since Denver has more money than AZ, there will be plenty left to bring a RB or two aboard.

Yes, your team is going to have to become very creative to match Denver's money. In fact, they can't do it. Moreover, you're talking about the money just to sign Peyton. After Denver has done that, they will have money left to add to Peyton's supporting cast -- something AZ will not have. Peyton's no fool: He can see that.

PM may sign here, and he may sign there. But you absolutely do not have more incentives on paper. It is simply where Peyton is going to feel more comfortable, which is why he is "touring" without his agent.

McGahee did good last year. I will give you that. But from an outsiders point of view... I think Moreno is actually the better RB. A lot younger too.
Manning won't be looking for ridiculous money. It's about legacy at this point.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
We can afford PM, Saturday, Wayne and still have money for Mario Williams.

All of us fans go into every offseason hoping for miraculous changes like this... but alas, it never happens. But seriously, you guys have 40m in cap space???

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Peyton will take all of that.

We have @ $50 mil to spend.

Our 20m is after manning signs, I am guessing he signs for around 15m

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey guys.

Just a heads up, I am a Cardinals fan, but I come in peace.

It looks like one of our two teams will be getting Manning. I, of course, think it will be us.

I read through your active threads and saw a huge lack of knowledge of our situation. What we bring to the table: Manning's close personal relationship with our head coach (golf buddies), Larry Fitzgerald (arguably the best receiver in the NFL), our state of the art dome stadium, our division, our running game, the Phoenix "culture" - whereas every celebrity at least owns a home in Phoenix. I would argue our only downside is our O-line. But we do have a nice draft pick and are expected to take a lineman there. We will make moves and sign a few free agents as well. So that is fixable.

I don't mean to be a homer here, but what does Denver bring to the table? (I am not trying to be mean, you guys aren't on our board either). Other than Elway, I see no advance to him coming to Denver. You may have a better line, but what are his receiving options?? It's cold there.

For these reasons when I sit back and look at this analytically, I see Manning only coming to Phoenix. You guys have Tebow and he is perfect for your offense. Get him a few weapons and let him be the beast he is. I like the Broncos. I like them even better with Tebow. Why would you want to give up on that? (I can't say the same for our QB's... lol)

We get that a lot from fans of other teams, you'd be talking outta the other side of your mouth if he was missing Fitzgerald by 15 yards.......

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
All of us fans go into every offseason hoping for miraculous changes like this... but alas, it never happens. But seriously, you guys have 40m in cap space???

I'm not saying we will. I'm saying we could. I'm not delusional. But if you don't think our ownership is selling that...

We thought it was @ 42-45 mil, but the chubby lady from ESPN said over 50 yesterday. Look at our roster...who are we paying besides Champ Bailey, Doom and Ryan Clady? Even Von Miller came after the new CBA where rookie pay is way down.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm not saying we will. I'm saying we could. I'm not delusional. But if you don't think our ownership is selling that...

We thought it was @ 42-45 mil, but the chubby lady from ESPN said over 50 yesterday. Look at our roster...who are we paying besides Champ Bailey, Doom and Ryan Clady? Even Von Miller came after the new CBA where rookie pay is way down.

Didn't realize you guys had that much money! Wow! Well, congrats. PM or not, you guys should get some major pieces this offseason. Next year looks quite bright for you guys.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 08:25 PM
To bring in Saturday would be big for Manning....hell I didn't know he was a FA. Good luck to Luck.:lol:

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Jeff Saturday could be JD Walton's mentor, could be the best thing to happen to Walton. :rolleyes:.......

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Didn't realize you guys had that much money! Wow! Well, congrats. PM or not, you guys should get some major pieces this offseason. Next year looks quite bright for you guys.

Thanx but it also indicates that the team was NOT spending in recent years. Thats why we're the worst team in football over the past few years (prior to 2011).

I'm a UT Vols fan, so I REALLY want him here. That said, I think TT can develop. IF we're willing to spend, grabing a Mario Williams, Dan Connor and/or a CB could really sdolidify things.

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanx but it also indicates that the team was NOT spending in recent years. Thats why we're the worst team in football over the past few years (prior to 2011).

I'm a UT Vols fan, so I REALLY want him here. That said, I think TT can develop. IF we're willing to spend, grabing a Mario Williams, Dan Connor and/or a CB could really sdolidify things.

Elvis and Mario on the same field would be RIDICULOUS!

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:29 PM

I mean that in a good way. What a D that would be!

dogfish
03-11-2012, 08:33 PM
phoenix is a yuppie hellhole. . .

:welcome:

Nomad
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM

and an old people magnet.....no offense top

navysully
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM

Don't go calling names when Boulder is so close to Denver ;)

Nomad
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM

he gotcha dogfish:lol:

topscribe
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
McGahee did good last year. I will give you that. But from an outsiders point of view... I think Moreno is actually the better RB. A lot younger too.

Moreno better than McGahee? You clearly do not know our team . . .

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
State of the Art dome??? Ok...it's nice and all but our Stadium has the tradition and it's a sick as field. Much more nicer than the Cardinals.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
and an old people magnet.....no offense top

Well, I don't know what happened there. If I never go to Phoenix again, it will be too soon . . .

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM

You're right then.....we do have a better rushing attack.

And you brought up the golfing buddy part with Wisenhunt....Elway not only golfs but he has been friends with Manning since 1998. Two HOFs with the same goal in mind....Super Bowl. AND Elway is one of the few (Steve Young) to win a Super Bowl after 35. Manning wants to do this at 36......Warner never won after 35.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Wouldn't that be something and Manning ends up a 49er.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20152563/peyton-manning-nearing-decision-is-impressed-broncos-sources

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Moreno better than McGahee? You clearly do not know our team . . .

Did you see what he said about Tim Tebow, he's clearly never even watched the Broncos.......

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Don't forget Von Miller at OLB. Dude is a pas rushing freak.

navysully
03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Did you see what he said about Tim Tebow, he's clearly never even watched the Broncos.......

Just an opinion guys. Don't shoot me :) When hitting on all cylinders, I think Moreno is amazing. McGahee isn't getting any younger. Moreno is your future whether you like it or not :)

Tebow is also young. He can still learn. I love what he can do on the field. I loved him in Florida, and was excited to see you guys get him. Given how much you underspent, I think what he did with what he had was quite miraculous. I just think that he CAN get better.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Bobby flay makes a mean souflet

topscribe
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Just an opinion guys. Don't shoot me :) When hitting on all cylinders, I think Moreno is amazing. McGahee isn't getting any younger. Moreno is your future whether you like it or not :)

Tebow is also young. He can still learn. I love what he can do on the field. I loved him in Florida, and was excited to see you guys get him. Given how much you underspent, I think what he did with what he had was quite miraculous. I just think that he CAN get better.

I get it. You're an SEC fan: Tebow and Moreno. Yes, they both were great in college. But in the pros, you need to get out more . . .

navysully
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I get it. You're an SEC fan: Tebow and Moreno. Yes, they both were great in college. But in the pros, you need to get out more . . .

No, PAC-12 fan. But I enjoy watching really talented athletes perform regardless of division.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 09:40 PM
If Cards want Manning, they’ll need to scramble to create cap space

Now that the 2012 salary cap has been set at $120.6 million, we’ve obtained the full list of the cap space, or surplus, that the teams have.

With less than 48 hours until all 32 franchises must be in compliance with the spending limit, plenty of teams have work to do.

And if the Arizona Cardinals hope to sign Peyton Manning, they’ll need to roll up their sleeves and create some cap space.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/if-cards-want-manning-theyll-need-to-scramble-to-create-cap-space/

navysully
03-11-2012, 09:42 PM
If Cards want Manning, they’ll need to scramble to create cap space

Now that the 2012 salary cap has been set at $120.6 million, we’ve obtained the full list of the cap space, or surplus, that the teams have.

With less than 48 hours until all 32 franchises must be in compliance with the spending limit, plenty of teams have work to do.

And if the Arizona Cardinals hope to sign Peyton Manning, they’ll need to roll up their sleeves and create some cap space.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/if-cards-want-manning-theyll-need-to-scramble-to-create-cap-space/

I already wrote how we create cap space without any problems (cut Kolb, resign Campbell, restructure Levi Brown, cut Porter) We save a ton of money that way.

Canmore
03-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I already wrote how we create cap space without any problems (cut Kolb, resign Campbell, restructure Levi Brown, cut Porter) We save a ton of money that way.

Levi Brown is now going to play for peanuts?

BroncoStud
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
The Cards are OVER the cap. They would have to pull off a miracle just to GET Manning, and then he would be playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL...

Denver can sign him, Wayne, Saturday, and still have some room to play with. Don't forget that Dallas Clark is a free agent as well.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
It's all about the Dome!

topscribe
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Well, you see, the Broncos can use that same creativity if they need to. The only thing is, they have a $50 million head start . . .

Broncos Mtnman
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM

Boulder is a hippie hell hole. There's a difference.

Broncos Mtnman
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't mean to be a homer here, but what does Denver bring to the table?

Coors and Rocky Mountain Oysters. What else do you need?

:lol:

topscribe
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Coors and Rocky Mountain Oysters. What else do you need?

:lol:
Now you've gone and done it.

I miss Colorado . . . 1242

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:13 PM

You must not understand the cap fully. The Colts just cut alot of players but it doesnt mean they have cap room. They created about 30 mill in dead money.

And what makes you think those players will so willingly restructure?

Broncos Mtnman
03-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Here's the latest just released from Adam Schefter.....

Peyton Manning on Sunday completed an exhaustive three-day road trip in which he is known to have visited with the Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the two teams that sources believe have emerged as the favorites for the free agent quarterback.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7674669/peyton-manning-meets-arizona-cardinals-sources-say-no-contract-talk

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
navysully, you guys are 16.4....OVER CAP.....aint gonna happin cappin.

The Cardinals currently have the biggest current surplus at $16.4 million. The Lions also are $11.5 million over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/bengals-head-to-free-agency-with-49-9-million-in-cap-space/

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
navysully, you guys are 16.4....OVER CAP.....aint gonna happin cappin.

The Cardinals currently have the biggest current surplus at $16.4 million. The Lions also are $11.5 million over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/bengals-head-to-free-agency-with-49-9-million-in-cap-space/

Cardinals: "Why didn't you sign with us?"

Manning: "You know, I didn't take many math classes in college, but I just couldn't figure out how the hell you were going to pay me."

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Cardinals: "Why didn't you sign with us?"

Manning: "You know, I didn't take many math classes in college, but I just couldn't figure out how the hell you were going to pay me."

I have a hard time believing they would have any room after cutting/restructuring/signing Manning to sign ANY of Mannings old team mates.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I reread the article......WOW....smart franchise. :lol: Pretty bone headed move huh?

Amazingly, the Cardinals could have carried over $7.04 million. They opted only to carry over $2 million. (In fairness to the Cardinals, there’s a chance they engaged in a transaction that they somehow chewed up $5.04 million in 2011 cap space in the period between February 12 and February 28. We’re trying to find out if that’s what happened, because it makes no sense not to carry over every penny available.)

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I reread the article......WOW....smart franchise. :lol: Pretty bone headed move huh?

Amazingly, the Cardinals could have carried over $7.04 million. They opted only to carry over $2 million. (In fairness to the Cardinals, there’s a chance they engaged in a transaction that they somehow chewed up $5.04 million in 2011 cap space in the period between February 12 and February 28. We’re trying to find out if that’s what happened, because it makes no sense not to carry over every penny available.)

...But, but, but they had Kurt Warner. And it's hot outside. Isn't that enough?

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I have a hard time believing they would have any room after cutting/restructuring/signing Manning to sign ANY of Mannings old team mates.
Exactly. How in the world are they going to be able to provide Manning with a supporting cast, especially in the O-line?

broncosfannum24
03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
He will pick denver for this these reasons
- good offensive line with a solid already proven LT ,good for protecting a qb off of neck surgery
- better defense hands down, manning wont have to do too much every game like had too with the colts
- best running game in the league to balance out the offense where teams wont think were throwing everydown,
- very talented young group of recivers with eric decker, demaryius thomas, and julius thomas (if healthy) and moreno as a pass catching back,
-enough salary cap room to sign manning and even more pieces to the team possibly, some former colts probowlers.
- last but not least, a coaching staff that can actually beat the steelers in a playoff game, something manning, or your dear ken weisinhunt couldnt accomplish

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:39 PM
- best running game in the league to balance out the offense where teams wont think were throwing everydown

I honestly don't imagine this will be maintained without Tebow. McGahee is definitely good, but he's not going from 22nd-ish to 1st in rushing without a QB like Tebow behind center.

Hopefully, if Manning does sign, having the number 1 running game won't be as important.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
...But, but, but they had Kurt Warner. And it's hot outside. Isn't that enough?

Denver does get cold but Manning has had great success in cold weather outdoor games.

Exactly. How in the world are they going to be able to provide Manning with a supporting cast, especially in the O-line?

When I first read a report that the Broncos carried over ALL of the cap I thought that they are planning something big. Looks like they had this plan for awhile...

Very prepared.

broncosfannum24
03-11-2012, 11:51 PM
@ wayninja, yea but the # 1 rushing attack in the league is the # 1 rushing attack in the league no matter how you spin it, and beside any running back we have is better than arizona have to offer - game set match broncos

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Not good arguments by the Cardinal fan.

At all.

wayninja
03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
@ wayninja, yea but the # 1 rushing attack in the league is the # 1 rushing attack in the league no matter how you spin it, and beside any running back we have is better than arizona have to offer - game set match broncos

No... it's not the same no matter how you spin it. They only became number 1 after Tebow took over. After the first 5 games under Orton, they were in the Bottom third. Without Tebow, that rushing attack will almost certainly not be number 1 any longer.

But again, it's probably not all that important anymore in the era of pass-happiness.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2012, 12:18 AM
@wayninja yea in pass happy league, but the superbowl champion came from a team that ran the ball as much as they threw, and the same goes for the past 5 out of last 6 superbowl champions, including when peyton finally won his championship, ironically it was a running back by the name of dominic rhodes that was mvp, and lost the superbowl when the colts threw the ball 70% of the time against the saints, who at the time were a balanced offense.

Your smart alec comment proves to be highly questionable, when in past championships those games are won with balance, not just throwing the ball everyplay cause its a so called pass happy league no wonder manning only won one championship

wayninja
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
@wayninja yea in pass happy league, but the superbowl champion came from a team that ran the ball as much as they threw, and the same goes for the past 5 out of last 6 superbowl champions, including when peyton finally won his championship, ironically it was a running back by the name of dominic rhodes that was mvp, and lost the superbowl when the colts threw the ball 70% of the time against the saints, who at the time were a balanced offense.

Your smart alec comment proves to be highly questionable, when in past championships those games are won with balance, not just throwing the ball everyplay cause its a so called pass happy league no wonder manning only won one championship

What does the number of rush attempts have to do with anything? We were arguing about being the number 1 rushing attack, not having a balanced attack.

I'm not sure where you are getting 'smart alec' from. I'm being sincere. We had the number 1 attack in 2011 because of the way our offense was changed to fit Tebow and because of an option strategy that gave advantages both McGahee and Tebow on the ground in a lot of situations. If we go back to a more traditional offense, that advantage goes away and we will not be the number 1 ranked rushing team. It's not complicated nor is it cracking wise.

The giants were far from the number 1 ranked rushing team in the league, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that. When I say pass-happy, I simply mean that in this era passing has become much more important than rushing. Doesn't mean that a balance approach still isn't necessary, just that ridiculous passing numbers are being put up because of the rules changes which makes rushing less important. Again, not complicated.

broncosfannum24
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
@wayninja, i love you:) lol

BigDaddyBronco
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
There are three things the Cards have that we don't.

1. A dome. Peyton is a better player in a dome than out of it. Look at the stats.
2. Larry Fitzgerald. He is a damn good WR and not a prima donna. We have some decent WR's, but no one in that class.
3. Apathetic fans and local media. He will be, for the most part, left alone. Similar to his time in Indy. In Denver we and the media will critique everything.

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 10:24 AM

You made the argument that the Cardinals do amazing things with veteran players yet kick dirt on what McGahee did. If a running back can average 70 yards per game he's going to get 1,200 yards rushing even with a ypc of 3.4 or 3.8 which is what James did in those two season you're talking about couple that with 300 plus carries in both seasons its not amazing at all.

McGahee on 249 carries had nearly 1,200 rushing, 1,199 to be exact. He also had a ypc of 4.8 and hseven games where he had 100 yards or more rushing. Obviously he's not any younger so I don't see what your point. Please don't try to tell us Moreno is our future because I'm sure most us have much understanding about Moreno than you do. You obviouisly see him not being able to see the running lane when carrying the ball and his inablity to break tackles. I wont be surprise if he gets cut during camp if not sooner.

You also include Joey Porter are you kiding? His 2010 season was pedestrian at best and last year he didn't make it through the entire season. So again how is that amazing?

DenBronx
03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Just curious, is Larry Fitzgerald every Cardinals fan arument for Manning wanting to go to Arizona? Ok, you got LF but what else? Nothing!

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=60303

Canmore
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Bears were not aware of the incident.

Hi, I'm an NFL athlete. I think I can hit women. Not only do I think I can hit women but I think I can get away with it.

Marshall ....is.....a......loser.

It's Brandon Marshall!!! To bad Bears.

nevcraw
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
this thread title should change to titans vs. Broncos.