PDA

View Full Version : Is Rod Smith ever going to play again?

TatumInDetroit
09-08-2007, 09:40 AM
What happened to Rod Smith? Under our roster on the team site there is an asterisk next to his number and on Yahoo he is listed as Unavailable.

I feel like I missed something....

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
He is on the Physically Unable to Preform (PUP) list until week 6. Then he will be eligible to play.

TatumInDetroit
09-08-2007, 09:54 AM
He is on the Physically Unable to Preform (PUP) list until week 6. Then he will be eligible to play.

AH that sucks, I wonder why....I don't remember Jerry Rice ever having to go through that.

Lonestar
09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
this is to bump this and see if anyone has heard about him. It should be close to the time where they have to make a decision on him.

jhns
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
this is to bump this and see if anyone has heard about him. It should be close to the time where they have to make a decision on him.

We can't bring him back until week 6 at the earliest but he has till week 9(i think, maybe 8) to get back.

From everything that I have heard on the grape vine, he is ready to play now. Shanahan just wants him to fully recover and not risk reinjury since he had surgery so close to the season. I think the plan is to evaluate him the week that he is allowed to come back though. We won't have an actual answer to his condition until then.

I also have a feeling that Marshall and Stokley are another factor in him being held out for extra time if he really is able to play right now.

sneakers
10-18-2007, 02:49 AM
I haven't heard anything saying that he is coming back soon. The more games go by, the more it seems he isn't coming back.

Uncle Buck
10-18-2007, 03:14 AM
I haven't heard anything saying that he is coming back soon. The more games go by, the more it seems he isn't coming back.

It's not game 8 yet.

To answer your question, I would like to say "yes," but Rebecca is reminding me of the Jerry Rice finale', where he ended up facing the final days of his illustrious career as a third-string "starter" for the Denver Broncos.

At the same time, she is whispering in my ear, "miracles happen."

This is really confusing, as I'm not sure what she means, Rebecca being a ghost and all.

Then she again whispered, in this capricious sort of way, "how about those Rockies!"

Well, I don't know how to interpret this stuff anymore. Jerry was, what? 42, when he retired? Rod is only a kid at 36?

We all know in Rod's heart he will be back.

And we all know his impeccible work ethic. Number 80 will be back as long as there as any orange and blue blood still pumping through his body.

Rod Smith will keep on coming back until the day they retire him.

(I love you, Rod Smith.)

anton...
10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
i dont love dudes...

but i like rod...

problem is, even if he comes back to full strength, i dont think he could now beat out marshall or walker who are both playing at a spectacular level...

so i would love to see him come back, and at the same time i would not be surprised that it may never happen...

it would give us a very very solid depth though, down to #4 on the depth chart...

lets hope for the best!!

:salute:
________
Vapor one review (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

Uncle Buck
10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
i dont love dudes...

but i like rod...

problem is, even if he comes back to full strength, i dont think he could now beat out marshall or walker who are both playing at a spectacular level...

so i would love to see him come back, and at the same time i would not be surprised that it may never happen...

it would give us a very very solid depth though, down to #4 on the depth chart...

lets hope for the best!!

:salute:

Well said, and all we can do is hope for the best!

PS: There are several types of "love*." I sure don't love Rod in the "romantic" sense! :D

*(Go rent "The English Patient," if you have not already seen it.)

DenBronx
10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
well if this team ever need rod, then this is the time. if he was running during training camp then shoudnt he be ready by now? this is all really bad timing...

marshal needs to have a career day and henry needs to blow up. theres no room for error sunday. pitt has the best rated defense in the league right now and it will take a miracle to beat them the way we have been playing this year. maybe we should have the cheerleaders do their stretches in front of the steelers benches.

is it just me or does this team look like one big confusion right now?