PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters III in the works!

MasterShake
03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
From MTV.com

Ramis promised that all the old core players will take part in the updated version, including Bill Murray (Dr. Peter Venkman) and Dan Aykroyd (Dr. Raymond Stantz), who co-wrote the original films. "We're all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."
[EDIT]
At the moment, Ramis is waiting on a first draft of the script, which is being penned by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, two writer/producers on "The Office," who also wrote "Year One." "Gene and Lee, both of whom I mentored, are now writing the new 'Ghostbusters,' " Ramis said. "I'm consulting with them, as is Dan Aykroyd and [original director] Ivan Reitman.

"Bill Murray is just waiting for the truckload of money to arrive to get him out of his office," Ramis joked.

Mentors to young Ghostbusters?

Who will we see as the trainees? My bet is Seth Rogen, and any other recent comedy star thats been in a Judd Apatow movie. I will watch this for sure no matter what. Even got the new game pre-ordered (which has all the cast reunited for voicework).

LyVGSGynYpg

underrated29
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Ray. IF someone asks you if you are a God you say, YES!!!

Northman
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Rogen would be hilarious in this.

Magnificent Seven
03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Rogen would be hilarious in this.

Jack Black, too.

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Ghostbusters II was such a disaster. .. .Hope this one lives up to the original.

Magnificent Seven
03-30-2009, 04:00 PM
GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!

If there's something strange
in your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If there's something weird
and it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

If you're seeing things
running through your head
Who can ya call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

An invisible man
sleeping in your bed
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If ya all alone
pick up the phone
and call
GHOSTBUSTERS

I here it likes the ghost
I ain't afraid of no ghost
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If you've had a dose of a
freaky ghost baby
Ya better call
GHOSTBUSTERS

Lemme tell ya something
Bustin' makes me feel good!

Don't get caught alone no no

GHOSTBUSTERS

When it comes through your door
Unless you just want some more
I think you better call
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

I think you better call
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

I can't hear you
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Louder
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who can ya call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Northman
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_ghostbusters_3.jpg

NameUsedBefore
03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

But really. (http://jesuschristowned.ytmnd.com/)

Den21vsBal19
03-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Damn, is it really 25 years old?!?!?!?!? :eek:

My lad is going to wet himself when he hears this news :lol:, it's one of his favourite films .................................and as a loving father, I suppose I'll have to force myself to take him to see it ;)

MasterShake
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Ghostbusters II was such a disaster. .. .Hope this one lives up to the original.

I don't know, I thought that movie was ok. Not anything near the original, but pretty good. I was like 12 when it came out though, so what do I know?

"You didn't sleep with it, did you?"
:lol:

They just had a screening of the original at a midnite movie out here and someone had a nice replica of the Echto I. I gotta find the pic I took of it.

Broncospsycho77
03-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Do they really have to make a whole new movie just to update the song?

Shazam!
03-30-2009, 09:54 PM
They can't leave well eough alone.

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't know, I thought that movie was ok. Not anything near the original, but pretty good. I was like 12 when it came out though, so what do I know?

"You didn't sleep with it, did you?"
:lol:

They just had a screening of the original at a midnite movie out here and someone had a nice replica of the Echto I. I gotta find the pic I took of it.

I remember when the first one came out that the theater was completely packed, and there were people sitting in the aisles because it was so full. If it was 25 years ago then I was 9? Man, does time fly.

Northman
03-31-2009, 12:57 AM
I remember when the first one came out that the theater was completely packed, and there were people sitting in the aisles because it was so full. If it was 25 years ago then I was 9? Man, does time fly.

Yea, i was 14 then and man i remember being in the very first row on opening weekend.

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 04:20 AM
I'd like to see Bill Hader, Seth Rogen, Patton Oswalt, and Zach Galifianakis as the young Ghostbusters if they must do so.

Thnikkaman
03-31-2009, 07:52 AM
I would like to see Seth Green as one of the new Ghostbusters.

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 10:17 AM

Or Seth McFarlane. He has a cool voice.

Thnikkaman
03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Or Seth McFarlane. He has a cool voice.

I like McFarlane as a voice actor, but I don't know if he has the physical acting chops to pull it off.

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 11:38 AM
I like McFarlane as a voice actor, but I don't know if he has the physical acting chops to pull it off.

If Ernie Hudson can pull off a Ghostbuster, I'm sure he could. I think voicework would translate well to screen and vice versa.

NameUsedBefore
03-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I bet that Le-bleuf-whatever kid gets a role.

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I bet that Le-bleuf-whatever kid gets a role.

The weird thing is the only person they can't seem to get on board is Rick Moranis.

Northman
03-31-2009, 11:57 AM

That would be great. Seth Green, Seth Rogen, Jack Black, and Tiny Lister. :lol:

MasterShake
03-31-2009, 11:59 AM

I like Ghostbusters. I like Jack Black. I don't like them together for some reason.

underrated29
03-31-2009, 12:05 PM
How about Sean William Scott?

I love that guy, I think he would make a good ghostbuster. Remember him in evolution. That movie was LOL.

Thnikkaman
03-31-2009, 12:06 PM

Repalce Jack Black with Patton Oswalt and you've got yourself a movie. Green and Oswalt would be the two scientific nerdy types, Rogen the womanizer, and Lister would be the guy working to earn a check.

Northman
03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Repalce Jack Black with Patton Oswalt and you've got yourself a movie. Green and Oswalt would be the two scientific nerdy types, Rogen the womanizer, and Lister would be the guy working to earn a check.

Who's Oswalt?

Thnikkaman
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
http://www.pattonoswalt.com/

Oswalt was Spence on King of Queens.
He also plays bit parts on Reno 911, the most recognizable being the wacko D&D GM.
He was also the voice of the main Rat in Ratatouille

His stand up is hilarious.

sneakers
04-01-2009, 05:39 AM
eh, they will probably tarnish my memories of the original ghostbusters like they did with the new stupid Transformers movies.

(The 1986 animated Transformers movie is a classic....I remember seeing it in threaters when I was 5 years old and crying when Optimus Prime died)

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 03:13 AM
eh, they will probably tarnish my memories of the original ghostbusters like they did with the new stupid Transformers movies.

(The 1986 animated Transformers movie is a classic....I remember seeing it in threaters when I was 5 years old and crying when Optimus Prime died)

It's over Prime.

Zweems56
04-04-2009, 03:47 AM
It's over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.

Shazam!
04-05-2009, 12:15 AM
I am not sure where that quote is from Zweem.

MasterShake
04-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Update:

'ghostbusters iii': Harold ramis offers details, says original cast will be back
apr 3, 2009, 03:55 pm | by missy schwartz
categories: Movie biz

Earlier this week at showest, sony pictures' rory bruer confirmed long-circulating rumors that the studio was pursuing a third installment of ghostbusters. You won't hear harold ramis contradicting him. According to ramis, who cowrote and starred in the first two ghostbusters, a third journey into the comedic supernatural is in the cards. And yes, the original cast will return: Dan aykroyd, ernie hudson, rick moranis, and even the elusive bill murray. "everybody said they'd do it," says ramis, who doesn't intend to direct ghostbusters iii. "they’ll be looking at younger actors [for the lead roles], i’m sure. But we’ll be in it as mentors or advisers. I think the first one captured something that hadn’t been seen for a long time: The combination of scary movies and smart broad comedy. That was a great comic edge to play. Fortunately, we stopped before we beat it into the ground. If we’d done a third one then, no one would want to see one now, i think, cause we were headin’ downhill, even with the second one," he laughs. "we’ll see, everyone’s gonna have to love the [ghostbusters iii] script to move it forward."

But it might be a while before anyone sees the screenplay. Gene stupinksy and lee eisenberg, the exec-producers of the office who also cowrote june's upcoming year one with ramis, are toiling away on a draft, but because "they work full-time on the office, the script process is slow," says ramis.

"Even if there was a great script by the end of the summer, it would be a year before [we could go into production]. It’s a big movie. Lots of prep." as for the plot, it won't have anything to do with the "ghostbusters go to hell" premise that aykroyd had cooked up in the '90s. (at the time, he and ramis were thinking of casting chris farley, chris rock, and ben stiller.) "as soon as danny said it, i thought that was really funny. But now there’s a new concept," ramis says. "and it’s interesting, beyond the kind of mythology of it, there’s a personal story that’s pretty grounded."

frauschieze
04-06-2009, 04:07 AM

Hell.
Yeah.

:swoon: