PDA

View Full Version : Gag Order Placed on CBS4Sports

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM
The Broncos..........affiliates of the news station..........have asked Vic Lombardi and the boys not to talk about Cutler/McMuffin anymore until April.

Talk about Napoleon.

Talk about trying to put the pampers on after the crap has already been smeared in the carpet.

Controlling the media in an attempt to downplay your mistakes?

We're turning into a classless franchise faster than sweat dripping down McMuffins brow.

Pitiful.

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Source?

tubby
03-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Good!

Traveler
03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
If it helps quiet the situation until they can talk, I see no problem with it. Too much specualtion from them anyway.

LRtagger
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Good no more dumb ass articles posted here.

Oh wait, the post can still talk about it right?

weazel
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
The media makes things worse. I think its great. Why would you want to allow the media to put their spin on things and ruin whatever chance you have to reconcile things? Shit, you're the one who loves Cutler, I would think you would want the media to stop dragging it out.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Vic Lombardi: "We promised not to talk about it. Wont even bring it up, for the simple fact that if we dont discuss it we're told that we'll expedite the healing process, allowing the principles, ie Josh n Jay to handle this behind closed doors, where it should have been handled weeks ago. Now if they dont make any progress by mini-camp in late April, then we are free to speculate, formulate and propagate as much as we please..........."

Spank!!!

Bad MEDIA!!!!

Spank-Spank!!

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Source?

http://cbs4denver.com/sports

Video: Discussion not about Cutler/McNoob

weazel
03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Thats why he's managing a professional team, and you're ...well, sitting at your desk eating cheetos.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Apparently some people just can't get enough of the soap opera circus Jay Cutler has turned this organization into.

:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Thats why he's managing a professional team, and you're ...well, sitting at your desk eating cheetos.

You talking to yourself or someone in particular?

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Apparently some people just can't get enough of the soap opera circus Jay Cutler has turned this organization into.

Yeah.........like you.

silkamilkamonico
Vic Lombardi: "We promised not to talk about it. Wont even bring it up, for the simple fact that if we dont discuss it we're told that we'll expedite the healing process, allowing the principles, ie Josh n Jay to handle this behind closed doors, where it should have been handled weeks ago. Now if they dont make any progress by mini-camp in late April, then we are free to speculate, formulate and propagate as much as we please..........."

Ooh! That was has to hurt for the Cutler campers.

weazel

to be fair, both of them caused this mess. Neither of them is more at fault.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Yea, that's why I post about a thread a day on the circus, and want my media spreading rumors about the situation instead of keeping their speculation to themselves.

Try again. :rolleyes:

weazel
You talking to yourself or someone in particular?

you talkin' to me? ;)

NightTrainLayne
Let's please keep the personal comments out of the thread folks. Thanks!

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 12:51 PM
to be fair, both of them caused this mess. Neither of them is more at fault.

If Cutler would "get over himself", do his job, and report already, this would all be in the rear view window.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Ooh! That was has to hurt for the Cutler campers.

Sure looks like the McNipples nut huggers are happy papa Bowlen is makin the bad media go away!!!

That way McMuffin can clean the doo doo out of the carpet in peace.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
you talkin' to me? ;)

Thats actually a question.................try and check it again.

DenBronx
03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
is cbs the only ones the broncos can place a gag order on? is it because their allowed exclusive broadcasting rights in your area? could they also do that to the denverpost?

silkamilkamonico
Sure looks like the McNipples nut huggers are happy papa Bowlen is makin the bad media go away!!!

You got that right. With Shanahan gone, somebody has to hold Cutler's hand. He's not man enough to get over it himself.

weazel

your posts really are getting silly war. I always regarded you as better than this.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:54 PM
If Cutler would "get over himself", do his job, and report already, this would all be in the rear view window.

His last comment on the situation was: No comment.

Sure hope he gets over himself soon.

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 12:54 PM
is cbs the only ones the broncos can place a gag order on? is it because their allowed exclusive broadcasting rights in your area? could they also do that to the denverpost?

I don't imagine they can enforce such a thing on any media outlet. They apparently asked them to stop talking about it, and CBS4 agreed. Nothing wrong with that.

weazel
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Thats actually a question.................try and check it again.

yeah, I was talking to you. You're ragging on them for trying to keep the media from making it worse. Thats insane.

weazel
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't imagine they can enforce such a thing on any media outlet. They apparently asked them to stop talking about it, and CBS4 agreed. Nothing wrong with that.

exactly. nice to see some intelligence in this thread

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM

Strip credentials.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
your posts really are getting silly war. I always regarded you as better than this.

Give me a break.

I could do you honestly think Im interested in appeasing you or anyone else cause you dont like what I post?

Last time I checked, I hold my own johnson when I piss.

Dont need any help, but thanks anyways.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Sure hope he gets over himself soon.

I do too. This selfish sensitive ballerina act he has going on, dancing away from the organization on his tiptoes, are sure making his teammates question if he really does care about part of the team.

To think Cutler actually wanted a "date" from McDaniels to get past this is mindblowing.

turftoad
Strip credentials.

Yep, I'm sure thats why CBS4 has agreed.

NightTrainLayne
exactly. nice to see some intelligence in this thread

No need to denigrate anyone else's intelligence. We all have a right to our opinion. Let's just try to keep the comments about the topic, and not about the other posters.

BroncoWave

So what you're saying that you're cool with the media making this worse, even if it winds up hurting the organization? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
yeah, I was talking to you. You're ragging on them for trying to keep the media from making it worse. Thats insane.

Thats called censorship.

Im a dummy but I know what that word means.

Try and look it up.

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Strip credentials.

That still wouldn't stop them from discussing the situation or covering the team if they really wanted to. .. .it would just limit their access to the actual sources. The Broncos have some leverage, but they can't really enforce this as if it was an actual judicial gag order.

WARHORSE
I do too. This selfish sensitive ballerina act he has going on, dancing away from the organization on his tiptoes, are sure making his teammates question if he really does care about part of the team.

To think Cutler actually wanted a "date" from McDaniels to get past this is mindblowing.

Last I checked, it was McNips asking for the date.......over........and over.........and over.

weazel
Give me a break.

I could do you honestly think Im interested in appeasing you or anyone else cause you dont like what I post?

Last time I checked, I hold my own johnson when I piss.

Dont need any help, but thanks anyways.

you're losing it old man. "I could do you honestly...", hey man, I'm not into your backdoor games.

What the heck happened to you, you used to post with integrity.

MOtorboat
So what you're saying that you're cool with the media making this worse, even if it winds up hurting the organization? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

The media can do what they want and talk about what they want. Even if it makes the problem worse. Likewise, the Broncos could strip credentials. That's why they agreed. They didn't agree to do so for any other reason.

BroncoWave
03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Thats called censorship.

Im a dummy but I know what that word means.

Try and look it up.

Personally, if this move helps Jay and Josh to move past this quicker without everything being spewed through the media, then they can censor us from that knowledge all they want. We don't have to know every little detail of everything that goes on between Jay and Josh.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM

Whats dumb is you not actually understanding what censorship is.

This is the Broncos organization trying to muscle peoples mouths with threats of financial spankings to be handed out later.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:02 PM
That still wouldn't stop them from discussing the situation or covering the team if they really wanted to. .. .it would just limit their access to the actual sources. The Broncos have some leverage, but they can't really enforce this as if it was an actual judicial gag order.

Funny that it is in fact being enforced though, huh?

weazel
03-30-2009, 01:02 PM

This is the Broncos organization trying to muscle peoples mouths with threats of financial spankings to be handed out later.

thats called an assumption, look it up

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Thats called censorship.

LMAO They aren't "censoring" the media, their asking the media to stop reporting "rumors". It's "rumors" that led to the damaging of Cutler's glass gina in the first place.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:04 PM
you're losing it old man. "I could do you honestly...", hey man, I'm not into your backdoor games.

What the heck happened to you, you used to post with integrity.

Typo.......big deal.

Dont have to respond dude. Im fine with it.

MOtorboat
Funny that it is in fact being enforced though, huh?

No one is enforcing anything.

They've agreed to do so. Either that, or Vic Lombardi is making shit up.

weazel
LMAO They aren't "censoring" the media, their asking the media to stop reporting "rumors". It's "rumors" that led to the damaging of Cutler's glass gina in the first place.

you can't help people that do not want to be helped. Let him stew in his anger.

NightTrainLayne

If the Broncos feel that CBS4 is milking the situation, or even worse, blatantly trying to skew the coverage in order to keep the controversy going, then they are well within their rights to ask this.

At that point CBS4 has to evaluate the integrity of their reporting and decide how far they want to push the subject. .. obviously they decided to pull back. That doesn't mean that they were wrong, but it does intimate the level of priority that they place on that particular storyline.

WARHORSE
thats called an assumption, look it up

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAGH!!!!

Open mouth........insert foot.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Last I checked, it was McNips asking for the date.......over........and over.........and over.

McDancingNancy asked Crytlied to come in and resolve the situation professionally. Crytlied was the one who wanted to "go out for some drinks, share a few laughs".

A professional meeting is considered a "date" to you? What's a "date" than. Third world marriage?

BroncoWave
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM

The Broncos don't have the power to "censor" any media outlet. They asked CBS4 to stop reporting rumors and they agreed to. I don't see why you are getting so butt hurt about this.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
If the Broncos feel that CBS4 is milking the situation, or even worse, blatantly trying to skew the coverage in order to keep the controversy going, then they are well within their rights to ask this.

At that point CBS4 has to evaluate the integrity of their reporting and decide how far they want to push the subject. .. obviously they decided to pull back. That doesn't mean that they were wrong, but it does intimate the level of priority that they place on that particular storyline.

They have lost credibility as an unspun media source.

In other words, they dont just report what they see or hear..........they report what the Broncos tell them too.

As spoken already: Strip Credentials.

weazel
03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
at least you're not telling me you want to do me again

Thnikkaman
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow. Starting a thread about people not talking about the McDaniels and Cutler situation so that you can continue whining about the McDaniels/Cutler situation.

Great job. :Congratulations: :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
McDancingNancy asked Crytlied to come in and resolve the situation professionally. Crytlied was the one who wanted to "go out for some drinks, share a few laughs".

A professional meeting is considered a "date" to you? What's a "date" than. Third world marriage?

Spilled milk.:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow. Starting a thread about people not talking about the McDaniels and Cutler situation so that you can continue whining about the McDaniels/Cutler situation.

Great job. :Congratulations: :coffee:

Thank you.

Unlike CBS4, I post what I want.

BroncoWave

That was a complete assumption by someone on this thread and you do not have a shread of proof that Denver actually threatened to do that.

NightTrainLayne

In other words, they dont just report what they see or hear..........they report what the Broncos tell them too.

Well, that's on CBS4, and has nothing to do with the Broncos other than that the Broncos are the story.

I have a feeling that if CBS4 felt as strongly about the situation as you do that they wouldn't have agreed, and would have dealt with any consequences the Broncos wanted to throw at them. To me, the fact that they coalesced speaks volumes.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
you can't help people that do not want to be helped. Let him stew in his anger.

Yeah! Punish mean ole Warhorse!

Another clown puncher.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM

Man, you're going overboard.

They COULD strip credentials. And as the Home of Broncos, by being that they come in over their airwaves, it behooves Channel 4 to work with the Broncos, and not ball up screaming about the first amendment.

No one is ENFORCING anything. They have a gentleman's business agreement.

I don't understand why you're so upset about this. Now, if the Broncos actually tried taking them to court, this would be a different story.

You, and Vic Lombardi, are making WAY to much out of this.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
That was a complete assumption by someone on this thread and you do not have a shread of proof that Denver actually threatened to do that.

Of course not.

Im sure it wasnt spoken like that.

It was merely............impressed.

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
This is the last time that I'm going to ask nicely for the personal comments to stop.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Spilled milk.:coffee:

A professional business meeting is considered a "date", and a "date" "date" is considered spilled milk? That makes about as much as sense as your original post in this thread.

I do agree that Crytlied needs someone to bandage his glass gina so that he can report to the organization though.

Denver Native (Carol)
What a childish request, but of course, cbs4 has to adhere to the request, as they are the official station for the Broncos. But, why was the request made? I feel it was a request by the changing of the guard to Bowlen. I base this on the fact that when the Elway/Reeves rift occurred, there was never a gag order placed on any public media. And exactly what good does this gag order do? There are many other outlets to print or talk about the Broncos!!!! :tsk:

Let's see - first the players were told not to talk about the Jay Cutler situation, and now cbs4 has been told not to talk about the Jay Cutler situation - exactly what is going on that someone feels the need to hide it?????

WARHORSE
Man, you're going overboard.

They COULD strip credentials. And as the Home of Broncos, by being that they come in over their airwaves, it behooves Channel 4 to work with the Broncos, and not ball up screaming about the first amendment.

No one is ENFORCING anything. They have a gentleman's business agreement.

I don't understand why you're so upset about this. Now, if the Broncos actually tried taking them to court, this would be a different story.

You, and Vic Lombardi, are making WAY to much out of this.

I guess so in your eyes.

Im fine with that.

weazel
03-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah! Punish mean ole Warhorse!

Another clown puncher.

step back from the pipe and go have a nap.

Seriously, I don't think war is thinking straight. He is mad at the situation and places all blame on McDaniels, so he lashes out at anything he can find. The odd thing is, this actually helps the situation and war wants Cutler to play for Denver, so I doint understand why he hates this. Its just anger.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 01:12 PM
What a childish request, but of course, cbs4 has to adhere to the request, as they are the official station for the Broncos. But, why was the request made? I feel it was a request by the changing of the guard to Bowlen. I base this on the fact that when the Elway/Reeves rift occurred, there was never a gag order placed on any public media. And exactly what good does this gag order do? There are many other outlets to print or talk about the Broncos!!!! :tsk:

Let's see - first the players were told not to talk about the Jay Cutler situation, and now cbs4 has been told not to talk about the Jay Cutler situation - exactly what is going on that someone feels the need to hide it?????

Asked. They were "asked" not to talk about it.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
A professional business meeting is considered a "date", and a "date" "date" is considered spilled milk? That makes about as much as sense as your original post in this thread.

I do agree that Crytlied needs someone to bandage his glass gina so that he can report to the organization though.

Having a hard time keeping up I see.:tsk:

NightTrainLayne
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Gag order is a pretty specific legal term. The thead title is a little exaggerated I'm sure in order to make a point, but there is no "gag order" in place. Instead, a request to refrain from reporting unsubstantiated rumors regarding a story where the parties are not speaking publicly.

DallasChief
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
This is the last time that I'm going to ask nicely for the personal comments to stop.

NTL, please lock this thread.

tia

turftoad
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM

OK gents. Enough is enough.

Lets discuss this like adults.

Rex
03-30-2009, 01:15 PM

Go blow Bob Stoops scab boy

Thnikkaman
Cooler heads prevail.

In my eyes, this is an attempt to reach the state of Cooler heads. It might behoove some people to go dunk theirs in a vat of ice water.

silkamilkamonico
The odd thing is, this actually helps the situation and war wants Cutler to play for Denver, so I doint understand why he hates this. Its just anger.

War would rather have the situation drag on so he can hate on McDaniels rather than get the situation resolved. He's a Jay Cutler fan, not a Denver Bronco fan.

Just think, if we actually had a "Jay Cutler" forum, he could go and post there, and we could actually have "general discussion" about Denver Broncos football in the "general discussion" portion of this message board.

BroncoWave
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM

According to what? Where is it written that cbs4 HAS to do whatever the Broncos tell them to? I don't buy that at all.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
step back from the pipe and go have a nap.

Seriously, I don't think war is thinking straight. He is mad at the situation and places all blame on McDaniels, so he lashes out at anything he can find. The odd thing is, this actually helps the situation and war wants Cutler to play for Denver, so I doint understand why he hates this. Its just anger.

Thanks mom.

Can I stay up if I say what you want to hear?

PUUUUllleeeeeeeeeeze.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Having a hard time keeping up I see.:tsk:

I'm sorry. What was the term for holding Cutler's hand again. I missed it in the midst of a "date" with a business partner.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:20 PM
According to what? Where is it written that cbs4 HAS to do whatever the Broncos tell them to? I don't buy that at all.

Sure they dont have to.

All they need to do is give the boys time to work it out.................THEN........in APRIL...........they can speak freely.

You know.......like they do in the rest of the country.

Buff
03-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Two things that I think are interesting about this situation-

1.) CBS4 is inclined to honor the Broncos' request, even if they don't want to, because the Broncos could choose to have a long memory when awarding the next local media contract for the rights to carry the Broncos. So their hands are tied on this one.

2.) This illustrates what I suspected all along, which is that Cutler and Cook have been exacerbating this ordeal by leaking their side of the story to the media and trying to win via the court of public opinion. I think McD is trying to eliminate as many of the outside forces as possible. He's said publicly he wants to meet without the agent, he's said he's not even listening to trade talks until they get a 1 on 1 meeting... And now he's told the media not to listen to Jay's side of the story when he comes calling with it. It's a little unorthodox to cut him off through the media, but when you're dealing with a primadonna athlete, sometimes you have to get creative.

Rex
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM

1.) CBS4 is inclined to honor the Broncos' request, even if they don't want to, because the Broncos could choose to have a long memory when awarding the next local media contract for the rights to carry the Broncos. So their hands are tied on this one.

2.) This illustrates what I suspected all along, which is that Cutler and Cook have been exacerbating this ordeal by leaking their side of the story to the media and trying to win via the court of public opinion. I think McD is trying to eliminate as many of the outside forces as possible. He's said publicly he wants to meet without the agent, he's said he's not even listening to trade talks until they get a 1 on 1 meeting... And now he's told the media not to listen to Jay's side of the story when he comes calling with it. It's a little unorthodox to cut him off through the media, but when you're dealing with a primadonna athlete, sometimes you have to get creative.

I liked you so much more when you were getting it on with that suuuuuuumokin' hottie.

silkamilkamonico

That's a great post. It's really the only logical comment in this entire thread.

BroncoWave
Sure they dont have to.

All they need to do is give the boys time to work it out.................THEN........in APRIL...........they can speak freely.

No, they can speak freely now if they want to. There is nothing Denver can legally do to stop them. They just agreed not to. If the Broncos are fine with it, and cbs4 is fine with it, and it winds up helping the team, I don't see what the hell your problem is with it, other than you want this drama to continue to play out for your own personal satisfaction.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Sure they dont have to.

I would disagree - with cbs4 having the contract with the Broncos - i.e. first in the locker room after a game, being able to have players on - i.e. the Jay Cutler show, etc. - if they have ANY common sense, and would like to receive the contract again when it is renewed, they will do exactly what they were ask to do.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:23 PM

The first part I see.

The second part........no.

Because Cutler said no comment when CBS4 asked him to comment on McDaniels interview with NFL Network.

Thats not spinning the media.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
I would disagree - with cbs4 having the contract with the Broncos - i.e. first in the locker room after a game, being able to have players on - i.e. the Jay Cutler show, etc. - if they have ANY common sense, and would like to receive the contract again when it is renewed, they will do exactly what they were ask to do.

Spot on DN.

BroncoWave
03-30-2009, 01:25 PM

Then perhaps cbs4 shouldn't have contributed to making this situation such a mess in the first place. :noidea:

If they do wind up losing their contract with the Broncos, they dug their own grave to begin with by helping to fuel the whole McJayGate bullshit in the first place.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2009, 01:27 PM
The first part I see.

The second part........no.

Because Cutler said no comment when CBS4 asked him to comment on McDaniels interview with NFL Network.

Thats not spinning the media.

I also don't agree with the second part. So, cbs4 is cut out of the reporting picture. How many other outlets, both local - tv, radio, as well as national, does that leave still reporting? I can not see how they feel by cutting out one outlet, it will go away.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Then perhaps cbs4 shouldn't have contributed to making this situation such a mess in the first place. :noidea:

If they do wind up losing their contract with the Broncos, they dug their own grave to begin with by helping to fuel the whole McJayGate bullshit in the first place.

Thank you for making my point.

Which means, they can be muzzled by pressure coming from Pat Bowlen.

Which means, they are slanted pro Bronco.

Media credentials...............out the window.

Buff
03-30-2009, 01:29 PM
I liked you so much more when you were getting it on with that suuuuuuumokin' hottie.

I know, it's like I'm a shell of my former self. I can't even stand to be around me anymore.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I can not see how they feel by cutting out one outlet, it will go away.

What other media outlets are taken into context of reports regarding anything Denver Broncos? Adam Schefter? ESPN has created their own wonderground when "breaking stories" to the public. No regional fanbase is going to use them as a credited source without a local affiliate commenting on the situation as well.

WARHORSE
I also don't agree with the second part. So, cbs4 is cut out of the reporting picture. How many other outlets, both local - tv, radio, as well as national, does that leave still reporting? I can not see how they feel by cutting out one outlet, it will go away.

They dont have to worry about the rest so much. Its mostly locals who buy season tickets and support the Broncos.

CBS4 has great influence on the local fan base.

weazel
well you McDaniels haters can keep complaining about this, bur you're fighting against your own cause. This will only help ease tensions between both sides

tubby
03-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Vic Lombardi is a child.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2009, 01:32 PM

Very hard for cbs4, which has had the Broncos' contract for many years, to automatically know that because there is now a new coach, they can now report only certain things in regards to the coach and players, when before, they could report anything.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Very hard for cbs4, which has had the Broncos' contract for many years, to automatically know that because there is now a new coach, they can now report only certain things in regards to the coach and players, when before, they could report anything.

They still can report anything. And have reported plenty.

The business side of the operation was looking at the stories and contradictions and some attempts at humor and saying, "maybe we should back off of this a little until something happens."

No one is being censored. I'll repeat that a second time, and I'll type slower. No one is being censored. Their access is not being diminished. This is Vic's bosses saying, hey, maybe the Broncos are right. Maybe we should shut this guy down for a few days.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Heres the quote for you once more.

So...........WHO is asking them to promise not to talk about it?

WHO told them it will expedite the healing process?

WHO told them they are FREE to speculate, formulate and propagate as much as they please..............................in April?

April.

You can SPECULATE............in April.

I might be old and dumb.......................but I know what Im lookin at.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
well you McDaniels haters can keep complaining about this, bur you're fighting against your own cause. This will only help ease tensions between both sides

We dont need media censorship to let two young men work it out, and learn from their mistakes.

In fact, in happens all the time in america.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
vic lombardi is a child.

98%................2%

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Heres the quote for you once more.

So...........WHO is asking them to promise not to talk about it?

WHO told them it will expedite the healing process?

WHO told them they are FREE to speculate, formulate and propagate as much as they please..............................in April?

April.

You can SPECULATE............in April.

I might be old and dumb.......................but I know what Im lookin at.

What a shock. The local media even admits themselves then the stories they report on this incident aren't truths. No wonder why the organization doesn't want the slander campaign from the media to go any further.

I love the part of the quote that said, they can't wait until April so they can start spreading "speculation" around and continue with the destruction of the organization.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Good gosh, War.

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Since when is "hey, do me a favor and shut the F up for a minute so we can sort this out without all the BS speculation being thrown around" a form of censorship?

bcbronc
03-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Does anyone really believe that if something NEWS WORTHY happened tomorrow in regards to McJaygate, that CBS4 wouldn't report on it? of course they would.

all that's happening here is the Broncos have asked them not to continuously regurgitate tired, old, quotes from "unnamed sources". big f'n deal.

honz
03-30-2009, 02:06 PM
This thread sure took off fast. Usually when that happens the thread is not worth reading...even if I get caught up in the bickering myself. :lol:

getlynched47
03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
*sigh*

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 02:26 PM
With all due respect, I believe our Hawaiian friend has officially lost it.

Sad, but true. If I ever had to pick one person to remain level-headed, it would always be the Big Kahuna. Maybe he's just under alot of stress living in paradise.

claymore
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Sad, but true. If I ever had to pick one person to remain level-headed, it would always be the Big Kahuna. Maybe he's just under alot of stress living in paradise.

I think he loves the Organization, and thinks McDaniels was a huge mistake. I agree with him thus far.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Since when is "hey, do me a favor and shut the F up for a minute so we can sort this out without all the BS speculation being thrown around" a form of censorship?

Its a form of censorship when the requesting organization has a heavy financial affiliation with the media outlet.

Its called politics, and close your eyes if you want to......it makes no difference in painting this in a different light.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM

Whatevahs. :coffee:

BroncoJoe
03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Its a form of censorship when the requesting organization has a heavy financial affiliation with the media outlet.

Its called politics, and close your eyes if you want to......it makes no difference in painting this in a different light.

The media outlet is the one PAYING the organization.

Please.

NameUsedBefore
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Fairly weak on McDaniels part, IMO.

claymore
03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Fairly weak on McDaniels part, IMO.

He's being a real cry baby.

honz
03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Do we even know it was McDaniels? Hell, it could have been Bowlen or some PR guy.

claymore
03-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Do we even know it was McDaniels? Hell, it could have been Bowlen or some PR guy.

McDaniels is the only one crazy enough to do it.

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I think he loves the Organization, and thinks McDaniels was a huge mistake. I agree with him thus far.

...and the circle continues.

McDaniels was a huge mistake based on speculation. There is nothing...other than media "reports"...to prove any wrong doing on McDaniels part. Does that mean it never happened? Hell no, but where is the proof?

In the meantime, we have a media outlet that has pretty much dwelled on the negative and re-hashed a bad thing and they would just like the nonsense to stop. There is no story at the moment and there is no news.

Lastly, is your comment to assume that those of us that require proof before making judgement DO NOT love the organization?

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
He's being a real cry baby.

If so, he's had a good teacher the past few weeks

WARHORSE
The media outlet is the one PAYING the organization.

Please.

Apparently in all your wisdom, you dont know the meaning of affilliation.

Us stupid ones of course dont either.

Cause if you dont.......how the hell could we?

claymore
...and the circle continues.

McDaniels was a huge mistake based on speculation. There is nothing...other than media "reports"...to prove any wrong doing on McDaniels part. Does that mean it never happened? Hell no, but where is the proof?

In the meantime, we have a media outlet that has pretty much dwelled on the negative and re-hashed a bad thing and they would just like the nonsense to stop. There is no story at the moment and there is no news.

Lastly, is your comment to assume that those of us that require proof before making judgement DO NOT love the organization?

Never said that. But I do understand the sinking feeling in War's heart. Before I had kids I loved nothing more than the Broncos. I hate myself for it, but its true.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh. Well that makes sense then.

Of course.

Now you see it.

Good job bud.

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Never said that. But I do understand the sinking feeling in War's heart. Before I had kids I loved nothing more than the Broncos. I hate myself for it, but its true.

If your kids were involved in a story that was convoluted by the media, would you immediately assume the worst? If not, then why immediately assume the worst about your team and coach under the same circumstances?

RunYouOver
03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm fine with this...all it does is prevent the latest potential false story from making it onto the air...I know gagging the media may not seem like the right idea, but I truly think it's best for Jay and McD to handle this on their own without us really ever knowing what truly happened.

All I know is this: So long as they make up and Jay stops acting like a little baby and plays football for us, and plays well, I'm happy. I don't care how it happens, but if it happens, then good.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 02:57 PM
If your kids were involved in a story that was convoluted by the media, would you immediately assume the worst? If not, then why immediately assume the worst about your team and coach under the same circumstances?

Assuming the worst?

The worst is here already.

Say what you will Chaz, but the fact is the Broncos are pressuring CBS 4.

That is a stoop DOWN for our organization.

Im not gonna glaze it over for the sake of dressing the situation.

It is what it is, and there were specific decisions that took us to this point.

And most of them came from our front office.

claymore
03-30-2009, 02:57 PM

Where there is smoke there is fire. And he has done some weird/retarded things since he's been here. And I like to jump to conclusions, its in my nature. I feel better if there is something to blame.

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Assuming the worst?

The worst is here already.

Say what you will Chaz, but the fact is the Broncos are pressuring CBS 4.

That is a stoop DOWN for our organization.

It is what it is, and there were specific decisions that took us to this point.

And most of them came from our front office.

opinions and a-holes...we all have them and I respect yours

claymore
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
opinions and a-holes...we all have them and I respect yours

Taints, we all have them too. :D

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM

No, you certainly aren't glazing anything over.

But knowing when something isn't a big deal is not "glazing" over anything.

Hell, for all we know, this little text you received from Vic could be a half-truth. His bosses may have been the ones to shut him down. How do we know?

Trust me. If there was a story here. Even the national folks would have picked up on it by now.

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Taints, we all have them too. :D

Sorry...your taint is one of the few that I dont respect

claymore
03-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry...your taint is one of the few that I dont respect

:eek:

BroncoJoe
03-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Apparently in all your wisdom, you dont know the meaning of affilliation.

Us stupid ones of course dont either.

Cause if you dont.......how the hell could we?

Yeah. The ones paying have no power.

OK.

dogfish
03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
is it time for the draft yet?

BroncoJoe
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
is it time for the draft yet?

McMuffin will screw that up dog. Haven't you heard?

BroncoWave
03-30-2009, 03:13 PM

Post of the thread. The people getting so butt hurt over this are ridiculous.

I mean boo-hoo, we can't read BS, unsubstanciated speculation from cbs4, how will we ever live?

dogfish
03-30-2009, 03:15 PM

joe, don't tell me that-- i'm always nervous enough about the draft as it is. . . .

CoachChaz
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
joe, don't tell me that-- i'm always nervous enough about the draft as it is. . . .

mcDaniels is screwed regardless. He will draft someone that one person doesnt like and again we'll hear about how he makes dumb decisions and the franchise is f'd because of him. It doesnt matter if he wins 5 Super Bowls with Cutler at the helm and has the best draft ever...people will still hate him.

Why? Quite simply put...it's too late to turn back now.

BroncoWave
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
mcDaniels is screwed regardless. He will draft someone that one person doesnt like and again we'll hear about how he makes dumb decisions and the franchise is f'd because of him. It doesnt matter if he wins 5 Super Bowls with Cutler at the helm and has the best draft ever...people will still hate him.

If McD gets us a SB and Broncos fans still hate him they can go F themselves as far as I'm concerned. But you're right. In some people's eyes what he does will never be good enough.

dogfish
03-30-2009, 03:34 PM

i don't necessarily agree with that, although i can see why you'd feel that way at this point. . . hell, i've been quite critical of the guy, but if at the end of draft weekend we still have cutler and have added some solid talent, i'll be perfectly satisfied. . . . i think you're ALWAYS going to have a certain percentage of people pursuing their own agenda, but most of the fans just want to see the team win. . . the number one reason people have gotten pissed at mcdaniels over this whole thing is because they (we) think the team has a much better chance of winning with cutler than with chris simms, of any of the other QBs currently available. . . .

now, no doubt this won't ever be completely forgotten, but IMO if october rolls around and we're over .500, it's not going to be a big topic around here at that point. . . . of course, if we're starting josh freeman and looking like we're going to lose 13 games, that'll obviously be a different story. . . .

edit: and people are going to bitch about the draft regardless-- doesn't matter who the coach is. . . some of shenanigans' most ardent supporters still bitched about his drafts. . . .

omac
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM

You can say that about any coach or player. Shanahan had his critics, and some even try to take away from his superbowl accomplishments. Others even think they are objective about it, or pretend to support a coach or player, while not really giving him a chance.

That's cool though; we all have our biases. :cheers:

hotcarl
03-30-2009, 04:31 PM
vic lombardi is a whiny fag

also whiny fags:

*censored by Pat Bowlen

:tsk:

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
No, you certainly aren't glazing anything over.

But knowing when something isn't a big deal is not "glazing" over anything.

Hell, for all we know, this little text you received from Vic could be a half-truth. His bosses may have been the ones to shut him down. How do we know?

Trust me. If there was a story here. Even the national folks would have picked up on it by now.

Perception is everything. Obviously mine differs from yours.

As for his bosses choosing to shut him down?

Let me revert to my first sentence.

Perception is everything.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Perception is everything. Obviously mine differs from yours.

As for his bosses choosing to shut him down?

Let me revert to my first sentence.

To be honest, I think you're perceiving something that isn't reality.

Again, no one is being censored. Clearly, people smarter than Vic Lombardi have told him to shut the hell up.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah. The ones paying have no power.

OK.

Damn dude.

Go and look it up if you dont know what it means.

AFFILIATION.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Thats a popular name around here.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Damn dude.

Go and look it up if you dont know what it means.

AFFILIATION.

Seriously, war...and I'm being honest here.

Find something else to whine about. This, seriously has no legs. It's Vic Lombardi playing puppetmaster with you. Please stop.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 08:59 PM
To be honest, I think you're perceiving something that isn't reality.

Again, no one is being censored. Clearly, people smarter than Vic Lombardi have told him to shut the hell up.

Seems to me vic was speaking for more than himself.

Hence the use of the word 'WE' when talking about it.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Seems to me vic was speaking for more than himself.

Hence the use of the word 'WE' when talking about it.

Whatever.

Whatever it is that you think...fine...

But no one is censoring anyone. Cooler heads are prevailing here. I suggest you relax and contemplate that.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Seriously, war...and I'm being honest here.

Find something else to whine about. This, seriously has no legs. It's Vic Lombardi playing puppetmaster with you. Please stop.

Let me say this as civil and respectful manner as possible:

Find someone else to patronize.

In the post you quoted I am referring to an individual dialogue post between BJ and myself concerning his misunderstanding of a word..........nothing more.

Go back and follow it and you'll understand more.........perhaps.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Let me say this as civil and respectful manner as possible:

Find someone else to patronize.

In the post you quoted I am referring to an individual dialogue post between BJ and myself concerning his misunderstanding of a word..........nothing more.

Go back and follow it and you'll understand more.........perhaps.

Then, let me say this as civil and respectful as possible:

You need to find something else to worry about. This isn't a big deal, and you have your panties in a bunch over it.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Whatever.

Whatever it is that you think...fine...

But no one is censoring anyone. Cooler heads are prevailing here. I suggest you relax and contemplate that.

My head was fine starting the thread, and still is.

But I'll address the clowns in here who move to ridicule, etc, etc.

Cooler heads...........Im for that.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
My head was fine starting the thread, and still is.

But I'll address the clowns in here who move to ridicule, etc, etc.

Cooler heads...........Im for that.

Then cool off.

You're the one railing against a non-issue.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Then, let me say this as civil and respectful as possible:

You need to find something else to worry about. This isn't a big deal, and you have your panties in a bunch over it.

Aint no panties here MB.

And Im not worried about it.

I just think its a pitiful step for an organization as classy as the Broncos.

Simple as that.

You want to be the COWBOYS?

RAIDERS?

I dont. And I'll speak to that end.:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Then cool off.

You're the one railing against a non-issue.

Railing?

Maybe to the clowns.

But not on the issues.

tubby
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.kittybuttons.com/stencils/recent/dog-pooping.gif

claymore
03-30-2009, 09:10 PM

Try and resize the pic DB.

Shazam!
03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
You want to be the COWBOYS? RAIDERS?

Unfortunately, some here have been acting like Cowboys or Raiders fans, which is even worse.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Aint no panties here MB.

And Im not worried about it.

I just think its a pitiful step for an organization as classy as the Broncos.

Simple as that.

You want to be the COWBOYS?

RAIDERS?

I dont. And I'll speak to that end.:coffee:

Railing?

Maybe to the clowns.

But not on the issues.

You, and this is driven by Vic Lombardi really, so I hate directing it at you, are making a lot of baseless accusations.

Sorry, war, I'm trying to level with you here, but you're posts aren't coming across very well. They are coming across as ranting, and not very logical.

Now, since I'm such an idiot, please tell me, exactly, how the Denver Broncos are censoring Vic Lombardi. And then give me a source other than a stupid text message.

claymore
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM

You, and this is driven by Vic Lombardi really, so I hate directing it at you, are making a lot of baseless accusations.

Sorry, war, I'm trying to level with you here, but you're posts aren't coming across very well. They are coming across as ranting, and not very logical.

Now, since I'm such an idiot, please tell me, exactly, how the Denver Broncos are censoring Vic Lombardi. And then give me a source other than a stupid text message.
:click:

tubby
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Try and resize the pic DB.

Absolutely not.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately, some here have been acting like Cowboys or Raiders fans, which is even worse.

Yeah, like you.

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM

What is this stupid text youre talking about?

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 09:18 PM
What is this stupid text youre talking about?

Well, since no link has been provided to document this, I assumed it was a text.

Is this my bad, or is there anything legitimate to back this up?

WARHORSE
03-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Well, since no link has been provided to document this, I assumed it was a text.

Is this my bad, or is there anything legitimate to back this up?

Yeah, go back and watch the video. I think in the first ten posts in the thread.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah, go back and watch the video. I think in the first ten posts in the thread.

Yeah, I clicked on the link.

Nada.

Your point?

Shazam!
03-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, like you.

Like me, not bitching and crying here everyday like you? Right, like me.

Superchop 7
03-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Why does this NOT surprise me ?

This franchise is such a laughing stock right now.

And yeah, you can do alot of things in this world but silencing the press is forbidden in this country.

So........I'll just sit back and watch the show when the national media gets a load of this.

"McHitler"

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Why does this NOT surprise me ?

This franchise is such a laughing stock right now.

And yeah, you can do alot of things in this world but silencing the press is forbidden in this country.

So........I'll just sit back and watch the show when the national media gets a load of this.

"McHitler"

The link doesn't even friggin' exist...

I'm not even sure if this even happened, now.

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Folks we closed this once today because of the sniping at each other..

attack the post not the poster,

I'll reopen it in a few minutes when emotions cool down..

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 10:22 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=55143@kcnc.dayport.com

A Broncos Discussion Not About Cutler-McDaniels!

there is a 26 second or less comment at the beginning of this 5:05 clip..

Frankly I heard nothing that lead me to think there is any censorship in this..
for that matter nothing indicatiing it came from the Broncos

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING AGAIN..

lets get :focus:

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM

time to PLAY nice with each other..

weazel
03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I just had a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I just had a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich3

well that makes as much sense and the as "Gag Order Placed on CBS4Sports " does great post....

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 10:35 PM

well that makes as much sense and the as "Gag Order Placed on CBS4Sports " does great post....

I'd really appreciate if Vic would elaborate...

Did the Broncos ask for this, or did his bosses ask for this? Did Bowlen call...did Xanders call? Was there a credentials threat made?

There's a lot of speculation that goes behind this thread. A ton of it, actually. And none of it is really founded, unless Channel 5 expounds upon it. Their reluctance to do so, makes me think it comes more from Channel 5's brass than Denver's.

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd really appreciate if Vic would elaborate...

Did the Broncos ask for this, or did his bosses ask for this? Did Bowlen call...did Xanders call? Was there a credentials threat made?

There's a lot of speculation that goes behind this thread. A ton of it, actually. And none of it is really founded, unless Channel 5 expounds upon it. Their reluctance to do so, makes me think it comes more from Channel 5's brass than Denver's.

Like I said I did not read/see/hear any of that in the clip I saw..

26 seconds out of 5:05 saying they were not gong to comment on it till mini-camp if the issue was not resolved..

I suspect some of it is in the mind of the beholder..

omac
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM

Oh, you edited your post.

Lombardi made it clear that he was told not to talk about the Cutler-McDaniels situation. Montrose on Orangemane mentioned that CBS4 has an official, financial partnership with the Broncos. If that is true, then it would be CBS4 doing a compromise in order to keep their partner happy.

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 10:46 PM

Lombardi made it clear that he was told not to talk about the Cutler-McDaniels situation. Montrose on Orangemane mentioned that CBS4 has an official, financial partnership with the Broncos. If that is true, then it would be CBS4 doing a compromise in order to keep their partner happy.

I edited my first comments more so for how many seconds it was and adding the "A Broncos Discussion Not About Cutler-McDaniels!"

After going back and listening to it again .. I heard nothing to indicate what was alleged in the original posts..

So having a partnership is a bad thing, does that mean it came from Pat or did someone upstairs say this is not helping matters let them sort it out in private.. Or are the ratings taking a dump because of the negativity ..

Like the whole thing that started this NO ONE here was in the room to know for sure what happened..

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM

CBS4 is the official television partner of the Denver Broncos. I think that is all, which gives them rights that the other television stations in Denver do not have.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 10:53 PM
CBS4 is the official television partner of the Denver Broncos. I think that is all, which gives them rights that the other television stations in Denver do not have.

Honestly, other than the Jay Cutler show, and MAYBE first access in the locker room, it doesn't mean much, other than in name.

And CBS4 probably pays the Broncos for this "right."

By default they are the channel that carries the games. That's by default. NFL teams don't negotiate locally for showing games.

rcsodak
03-30-2009, 10:53 PM
The Broncos..........affiliates of the news station..........have asked Vic Lombardi and the boys not to talk about Cutler/McMuffin anymore until April.

Talk about Napoleon.

Talk about trying to put the pampers on after the crap has already been smeared in the carpet.

Controlling the media in an attempt to downplay your mistakes?

We're turning into a classless franchise faster than sweat dripping down McMuffins brow.

Pitiful.

Why is it "Pitiful"?
Because you can actually listen to something OTHER than the debacle?
They might ACTUALLY come up with more important news, than what cut-n-run'er told his friend who is the nephew of his neighbor's son's uncle?

And wow...we get a reprieve for what.....a few days?

I'd say the quieter the better....FOR ALL INVOLVED!

Let the two boys kiss and make up in private.

I'm sure it won't be long before buzz lightyear cook spouts off at the neck again. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Honestly, other than the Jay Cutler show, and MAYBE first access in the locker room, it doesn't mean much, other than in name.

And CBS4 probably pays the Broncos for this "right."

By default they are the channel that carries the games. That's by default. NFL teams don't negotiate locally for showing games.

The following was posted in 2004 and stated it was for 3 years, so it must have been extended, renewed, or whatever:

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2004/01/05/daily50.html

Denver Broncos partner with CBS 4

Colorado's News Channel CBS 4 and Denver Broncos President Pat Bowlen have signed a three-year agreement making it the Denver Broncos official television partner.

"We are delighted with this new association," Bowlen said in a statement. "The fact that KCNC is a CBS owned and operated station makes for a natural association. Including the preseason games that CBS 4 will televise, we will be on the same station for anywhere from 14 to 17 games annually, which provides tremendous continuity of programming."

As the Denver Broncos, CBS 4 will have the exclusive rights to all preseason telecasts not done by a national network partner, along with exclusive rights to use Broncos marks, logos, video and other elements in non-news programming.

In addition to the CBS 4 produced preseason games, the station has plans for several additional weekly Broncos-related shows throughout the season, and will partner with the team in community service programming.

It was extended:

http://assets.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2007/07/23/daily23.html

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
KCNC signs extended contract with Broncos

The agreement runs through 2010.

omac
03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
I edited my first comments more so for how many seconds it was and adding the "A Broncos Discussion Not About Cutler-McDaniels!"

After going back and listening to it again .. I heard nothing to indicate what was alleged in the original posts..

So having a partnership is a bad thing, does that mean it came from Pat or did someone upstairs say this is not helping matters let them sort it out in private.. Or are the ratings taking a dump because of the negativity ..

Like the whole thing that started this NO ONE here was in the room to know for sure what happened..

When you first posted, it was just the link, but never mind. :D

Lombardi made it clear that he was told not to talk about the Cutler-McDaniels situation. Considering that is one of the biggest news stories this offseason, and tv news success is judged by ratings, they aren't fully maximizing their draw for a potentially bigger audience.

If it is true that they are affiliated with the Broncos in some way, and that affiliation has led the top brass to order the reporters not to report on the situation, then there's some loss of journalistic integrity. The news, whether objective, biased, speculative, or even tabloid-al should be independent.

That's a big thing; long time ago, the government here would control the biggest newspaper in the country, in order to prevent certain stories from getting to the public.

I know this is just sports, but if the "gag-order" was influenced by the affiliation CBS4 has with the Broncos, then there is censorship. Speculation, yes, but logic indicates that it seems more likely true than false.

Which are you more apt to believe?

1. That CBS4 decided to stop covering one of the bigger news stories this offseason, potentially losing some ratings to other stations, out of the goodness of their heart? or ...

2. Top brass told CBS4 reporters to put a lid on it, because of their affiliation with the Broncos?

I'm thinking the more believable scenario is #2.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
If it is true that they are affiliated with the Broncos in some way, and that affiliation has led the top brass to order the reporters not to report on the situation, then there's some loss of journalistic integrity. The news, whether objective, biased, speculative, or even tabloid-al should be independent.

I'll stop you right there. No one has said that they should stop reporting on the situation. Not a single person.

They have suggested that they stop reporting rumors and talking about it.

I think the difference between the two is quite clear. :noidea:

omac
03-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Why is it "Pitiful"?
Because you can actually listen to something OTHER than the debacle?
They might ACTUALLY come up with more important news, than what cut-n-run'er told his friend who is the nephew of his neighbor's son's uncle?

And wow...we get a reprieve for what.....a few days?

I'd say the quieter the better....FOR ALL INVOLVED!

Let the two boys kiss and make up in private.

I'm sure it won't be long before buzz lightyear cook spouts off at the neck again. :coffee:

It's pitiful in that if CBS4's decision to temporarily put a lid on the Cutler-McDaniels situation because of their affiliation with the Broncos, then they lose some journalistic integrity.

And if you don't like what's on the news, you always have the choice of not watching it.

MOtorboat
03-30-2009, 11:12 PM
It's pitiful in that if CBS4's decision to temporarily put a lid on the Cutler-McDaniels situation because of their affiliation with the Broncos, then they lose some journalistic integrity.

And if you don't like what's on the news, you always have the choice of not watching it.

They really don't lose any "journalistic integrity," if they aren't reporting the truth, and I think this speaks volumes about the validity of their reports in the past.

omac
03-30-2009, 11:15 PM
I'll stop you right there. No one has said that they should stop reporting on the situation. Not a single person.

They have suggested that they stop reporting rumors and talking about it.

I think the difference between the two is quite clear. :noidea:

Please go through my whole post. If the "suggestion" was given to them by top brass because of their affiliation with the Broncos, the "suggestion" is more like an order.

omac
03-30-2009, 11:20 PM
They really don't lose any "journalistic integrity," if they aren't reporting the truth, and I think this speaks volumes about the validity of their reports in the past.

When you read or watch the news, you don't only get facts. Editorials give opinions. Man on the street interviews give a general feel about how the public perceives things. Etc. It's not all about fact; speculation and viewpoint are part of the package. That's why we also get shootouts between 2 analysts having different takes on the same situation.

But when a reporter is told not to cover something, and that order was influenced by an affiliate who happens to be part of the story, then it does lose integrity.

UnderArmour
03-30-2009, 11:24 PM
When you read or watch the news, you don't only get facts. Editorials give opinions. Man on the street interviews give a general feel about how the public perceives things. Etc. It's not all about fact; speculation and viewpoint are part of the package. That's why we also get shootouts between 2 analysts having different takes on the same situation.

But when a reporter is told not to cover something, and that order was influenced by an affiliate who happens to be part of the story, then it does lose integrity.

On the contrary, continuing coverage on the story would constitute a loss of integrity. This story has gotten absolutely ridiculous with entire articles on "omg omg MCDANIELS SEND JAY A TEXT MESSAGE AND HE DIDNT RESPOND WTFX?!?!?!?!? CUTLER 2 CLEVELAND CUTLER 2 NEW YORK WTFX! CUTLER RESPOND 2 TEH TXT MSG NAO!!!!!!". Is a text message that wasn't replied to really newsworthy? Come on now.

omac
03-30-2009, 11:32 PM
On the contrary, continuing coverage on the story would constitute a loss of integrity. This story has gotten absolutely ridiculous with entire articles on "omg omg MCDANIELS SEND JAY A TEXT MESSAGE AND HE DIDNT RESPOND WTFX?!?!?!?!? CUTLER 2 CLEVELAND CUTLER 2 NEW YORK WTFX! CUTLER RESPOND 2 TEH TXT MSG NAO!!!!!!". Is a text message that wasn't replied to really newsworthy? Come on now.

There are different "news" sources, and they all have different ways they get their "info", and different ways they present it to the public. There are the ultra-conservative ones, there are the cutting-edge ones, and there are those that focus a lot on speculation and rumor. The audience always has a choice of which "news" source to follow.

When a news source is told not to cover what they believe they should, because of an affiliation with the subject matter, then they are being censored. When you know a new source is influenced in their actions by business affiliates, then they lose integrity.

But I've already touched on those same themes on my posts.

NameUsedBefore
03-30-2009, 11:56 PM

Yeah, as opposed to the murmurs of a franchise QB being on the trading block.

Oh wait.

The media is doing its job. It owes allegiances to no one. This is just weak on McDaniels part and, IMO, will probably hurt him in the long run as far as media-relations go.

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 04:11 AM
The Denver Post is posting (from Denver) daily updates regarding the status of the feud between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Broncos.

For Monday’s update, Mike Klis of the Post reports that other Broncos players have been boycotting media availability (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12033567) in connection with offseason workouts.

Klis says that, typically, the team’s P.R. staff brings out “a player or two” after the morning sessions.
Since March 19, however, no player has agreed to meet with the media.

Klis calls it a “player revolt” to the ongoing drama.
In a roundabout way, then, the ongoing brouhaha could be bringing the Broncos players together, giving them a cause around which to rally.

Meanwhile, Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver apparently plans to launch his own boycott regarding the Cutler situation, explaining in a video posted on the station’s web site (http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=55143@kcnc.dayport.com) that “if we don’t discuss it we’re told it will discuss the healing process, allowing the principals, i.e. Josh [McDaniels] and Jay [Cutler], to handle this behind closed doors, where it should have been handled weeks ago.” (And, of course, this makes us wonder whether the “player revolt” against media coverage of the Cutler situation is something that was suggested to them by those who run the team.)

Vic Lombardi then added, “If they don’t make any progress by minicamp in late April, then we are free to speculate, formulate, and propagate as much as we please.”

Maybe we missed the day during “J” school that covered the independence of the media (then again, we missed every day in “J” school), but it sounds to us as if Vic Lombardi might be letting the subject he’s covering dictate how he covers the subject.

We’re not saying Lombardi should discuss the situation merely to have something to discuss on an otherwise sssslow news day. But if there’s a legitimate development between now and late April that requires, say, analysis from those paid to analyze such developments, Vic Lombardi will not be serving his audience by biting his tongue.

-------------------------------------------------

As I said before.............I know what Im looking at.:coffee:

I placed in orange and underlined the special parts for those of you who tend to read selectively.

I guess its caught the attention of more than dumb*** Warhorse, huh?

By the way........PFT isnt going to step out and say that the Broncos org dictated Lombardis statements. That might be grounds for legal action.

However, maybe someone ought to prompt Lombardi to disclose who the 'WE' is hes speaking about, when saying 'We were told........"

And now the Broncos players are gagging too?

Dont tell me this isnt McNAPOLEON that stops the Broncos players from speaking to the media......................cause it is.

Welcome to the PATRIOT WAY...............in conjunction witht he Cowboy way.

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 04:21 AM
Like me, not bitching and crying here everyday like you? Right, like me.

Let me play the violin for you.

As if I asked you to join a conversation with me or asked you to respond to something.

I dont let clowns try to bully me into what to say, or how to say it, or to shut up.

I'll meet in the middle of the forum road any day.

Not a problem.

MOtorboat
03-31-2009, 07:33 AM
The Denver Post is posting (from Denver) daily updates regarding the status of the feud between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Broncos.

For Monday’s update, Mike Klis of the Post reports that other Broncos players have been boycotting media availability (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12033567) in connection with offseason workouts.

Klis says that, typically, the team’s P.R. staff brings out “a player or two” after the morning sessions.
Since March 19, however, no player has agreed to meet with the media.

Klis calls it a “player revolt” to the ongoing drama.
In a roundabout way, then, the ongoing brouhaha could be bringing the Broncos players together, giving them a cause around which to rally.

Meanwhile, Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver apparently plans to launch his own boycott regarding the Cutler situation, explaining in a video posted on the station’s web site (http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=55143@kcnc.dayport.com) that “if we don’t discuss it we’re told it will discuss the healing process, allowing the principals, i.e. Josh [McDaniels] and Jay [Cutler], to handle this behind closed doors, where it should have been handled weeks ago.” (And, of course, this makes us wonder whether the “player revolt” against media coverage of the Cutler situation is something that was suggested to them by those who run the team.)

Vic Lombardi then added, “If they don’t make any progress by minicamp in late April, then we are free to speculate, formulate, and propagate as much as we please.”

Maybe we missed the day during “J” school that covered the independence of the media (then again, we missed every day in “J” school), but it sounds to us as if Vic Lombardi might be letting the subject he’s covering dictate how he covers the subject.

We’re not saying Lombardi should discuss the situation merely to have something to discuss on an otherwise sssslow news day. But if there’s a legitimate development between now and late April that requires, say, analysis from those paid to analyze such developments, Vic Lombardi will not be serving his audience by biting his tongue.

-------------------------------------------------

As I said before.............I know what Im looking at.:coffee:

I placed in orange and underlined the special parts for those of you who tend to read selectively.

I guess its caught the attention of more than dumb*** Warhorse, huh?

By the way........PFT isnt going to step out and say that the Broncos org dictated Lombardis statements. That might be grounds for legal action.

However, maybe someone ought to prompt Lombardi to disclose who the 'WE' is hes speaking about, when saying 'We were told........"

And now the Broncos players are gagging too?

Dont tell me this isnt McNAPOLEON that stops the Broncos players from speaking to the media......................cause it is.

Welcome to the PATRIOT WAY...............in conjunction witht he Cowboy way.

You didn't read that very well.

CoachChaz
03-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Remember the movie Major League 2. Warhorse reminds me of Randy Quaid's character in that movie right now. The likeable die-hard fan that got bitter and turned on the team only to come back to his old self once they started winning again.

MOtorboat
03-31-2009, 07:40 AM
And instead of posting from PFT...maybe we should post the original story.

McJaygate: Day 31
Posted: 03/30/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler learned Feb. 28 he was discussed in a three-team trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay and Matt Cassel to Denver. The deal didn't happen, but Cutler has since been on the outs with the man who considered trading him, new coach Josh McDaniels. Cutler formally requested a trade and skipped the first two weeks of the team's offseason conditioning program. Today is Day 31 of the saga:

What's new: Cutler has decided to get away from the business of staying away. According to friends, Cutler left his offseason home in Nashville, Tenn., to retreat to another U.S. destination we won't name. It appears Cutler will stay away from the Broncos' Dove Valley complex for the next two weeks.

The diss: The Broncos' offseason conditioning program officially consists of 59 days, with the final date June 26. Cutler has forfeited his $100,000 workout bonus as he already missed more than 10 percent of the sessions. That leaves him with a $1.035 million salary for the 2009 season — providing he rejoins the team by training camp.

The gut: With Cutler escaping from his Nashville escape, McJaygate may remain motionless until the days leading to the team's first mini-camp, April 17-19.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12026432

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Remember the movie Major League 2. Warhorse reminds me of Randy Quaid's character in that movie right now. The likeable die-hard fan that got bitter and turned on the team only to come back to his old self once they started winning again.

I think he's more like Robert De Niro in "The Fan".

omac
03-31-2009, 08:42 AM

Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler learned Feb. 28 he was discussed in a three-team trade proposal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay and Matt Cassel to Denver. The deal didn't happen, but Cutler has since been on the outs with the man who considered trading him, new coach Josh McDaniels. Cutler formally requested a trade and skipped the first two weeks of the team's offseason conditioning program. Today is Day 31 of the saga:

What's new: Cutler has decided to get away from the business of staying away. According to friends, Cutler left his offseason home in Nashville, Tenn., to retreat to another U.S. destination we won't name. It appears Cutler will stay away from the Broncos' Dove Valley complex for the next two weeks.

The diss: The Broncos' offseason conditioning program officially consists of 59 days, with the final date June 26. Cutler has forfeited his $100,000 workout bonus as he already missed more than 10 percent of the sessions. That leaves him with a $1.035 million salary for the 2009 season — providing he rejoins the team by training camp.

The gut: With Cutler escaping from his Nashville escape, McJaygate may remain motionless until the days leading to the team's first mini-camp, April 17-19.

That's a good article, but it's actually off-topic from the subject matter of the thread ... the vid of the CBS4 reporter stating that they will not cover the Cutler-McDaniels saga until after a certain period.

So while the denverpost is willing to give more news on the situation, cbs4, who is supposedly affiliated with the Denver Broncos, will not.

omac
03-31-2009, 08:44 AM

Now why is that even necessary to this thread? I've seen Major League 2, and that's not a very complimentary thing to say about a poster. Why take snipes at a poster? Focus on the subject matter, like the mods keep saying.

Buff
03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Now why is that even necessary to this thread? I've seen Major League 2, and that's not a very complimentary thing to say about a poster. Why take snipes at a poster? Focus on the subject matter, like the mods keep saying.

Likewise. Let the mods moderate, and you stay on topic. Furthermore, I think any reference to Randy Quaid ought to be welcomed on these boards.

CoachChaz
03-31-2009, 09:52 AM

We've known WAR for a long time and the way he's been responding lately is just not how he rolls. Call it tough love or whatever you want, but me and others here are just going to say things to let him know we miss the "old" WAR. If he doesnt like it, then so be it...he knows us well enough to understand us and why we say the things we say.

If you dont like it...I couldnt give a shit. it's not about you and your input on how we choose to speak with our friend is unimportant and irrelevant to at least me, but I'm sure others feel the same way. As many other overly-sensitive people like to say lately..."If you dont like it, ignore it"

LRtagger
03-31-2009, 10:54 AM

I read on a blog Jay left Nashville to go to Cancun and was last seen passed out on the curb outside of a night club. Officials confiscated his insulin syringe only to discover it was actually used to inject cocaine into his arm. It is also believed he drank several shots of tequila and had sex with 4 teenage boys before he was found.

Unfortunately CBS4 couldnt comment because of the gag order...neither could anyone from the Broncos organization.

DallasChief
03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I read on a blog Jay left Nashville to go to Cancun and was last seen passed out on the curb outside of a night club. Officials confiscated his insulin syringe only to discover it was actually used to inject cocaine into his arm. It is also believed he drank several shots of tequila and had sex with 4 teenage boys before he was found.

Unfortunately CBS4 couldnt comment because of the gag order...neither could anyone from the Broncos organization.

I think you misread, that's my blog and that story was about Claymore.

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 12:59 PM

Randy Quaid it is then.

And if we start winning.........and our franchise is national news for winning and not what we're currently going through................yep........back to the hammock.

Until then............Randy Quaid.

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I think he's more like Robert De Niro in "The Fan".

The Man.:D

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 01:01 PM
You didn't read that very well.

WARHORSE
03-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Looks like Mr. Florio is recognizing unconventional reporting as well. And he asks the questions that bear answering. Why would the Post choose TO MENTION, the fact that they know where Cutler is at, only to say they wont NAME IT?

Ole Pat Bowlen has thrown a friendly request to the Post and CBS4 not to speak about certain things at the behest of McDaniels? Something stinks here. Friendly censorship........:tsk:

And its getting picked up.................nationally.

This thing is being played out everyday across the different networks. Cutler and McDaniels........AND the Broncos......will have to learn to deal with it as it comes, cause thats just where we're at(thanks people).

But to ME.........in MY opinion.........this is STOOPING from an organization I feel is not at that level. We have always exuded class.

Thats where I want to be.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 8:11 a.m.
With Vic Lombardi of CBS4 choosing to ignore the Jay Cutler drama at the apparent behest of the home team, we’ll have to rely on the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News for information about the situation.
According to the Denver Post, Cutler has now missed enough of the offseason program to result in the forfeiture of a $100,000 workout bonus (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12026432).
The Post also reports that Cutler has left his offseason home in Nashville ”to retreat to another U.S. destination we won’t name.”
Um, what the hell is that?
If the Post isn’t going to name his destination, at least tell us why it won’t be named. Did the source ask that it not be named? Or is it something private or potentially embarrassing, like a nudist colony?
Then again, “private” and “embarrassing” aren’t words that would come to mind regarding folks who choose to walk around naked all day.
Regardless, the Post knows and for unknown reasons the Post isn’t sharing the knowledge.
Maybe the Rocky Mountain News will have the scoop.

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Ole Pat Bowlen has thrown a friendly request to the Post and CBS4 not to speak about certain things at the behest of McDaniels? Something stinks here. Friendly censorship........:tsk:

That's already been solved. With Shanahan gone, it's plainly obvious that Cutler needs his hand held, hence, the "reaching of the arm" Bowlen is doing with all this.

MOtorboat
03-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 8:11 a.m.
With Vic Lombardi of CBS4 choosing to ignore the Jay Cutler drama at the apparent behest of the home team, we’ll have to rely on the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News for information about the situation.
According to the Denver Post, Cutler has now missed enough of the offseason program to result in the forfeiture of a $100,000 workout bonus (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12026432).
The Post also reports that Cutler has left his offseason home in Nashville ”to retreat to another U.S. destination we won’t name.”
Um, what the hell is that?
If the Post isn’t going to name his destination, at least tell us why it won’t be named. Did the source ask that it not be named? Or is it something private or potentially embarrassing, like a nudist colony?
Then again, “private” and “embarrassing” aren’t words that would come to mind regarding folks who choose to walk around naked all day.
Regardless, the Post knows and for unknown reasons the Post isn’t sharing the knowledge.
Maybe the Rocky Mountain News will have the scoop.

Certainly, War, you and you're buddy Florio know that the Rocky Mountain News doesn't even exist anymore....right?

turftoad
03-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Certainly, War, you and you're buddy Florio know that the Rocky Mountain News doesn't even exist anymore....right?

http://www.iwantmyrocky.com/category/sports/

tubby
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Well that pretty much settles things.

Vic Lombardi is on 104.3 right now clearing things up. :lol:

WARHORSE I would suggest deleting this retarded thread.

Broncos or Die!!

BroncoWave
03-31-2009, 05:13 PM

Broncos or Die!!

What's he saying?

tubby
03-31-2009, 05:14 PM
What's he saying?

There is no gag order.

BeefStew25
03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
What's he saying?

That you need to go hump some college co-eds. Right this moment.

Simple Jaded
03-31-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm convinced a lot of the negativity from former Cutler supporters in the local media is coming from the Broncos wanting to control the media, Woody Paige has hinted towards this.......the only one that's been consistent in this entire whirlpool of BS is Jay Cutler.

Everything about this sucks, and the worst part of it all.......it never had to happen.......

BroncoWave
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
That you need to go hump some college co-eds. Right this moment.

I will when I get done with your mom.

Lonestar
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM

Broncos or Die!!

got a link?

tubby
03-31-2009, 05:58 PM
got a link?

No. It was on the radio. I heard it with my ears.

omac
03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
We've known WAR for a long time and the way he's been responding lately is just not how he rolls. Call it tough love or whatever you want, but me and others here are just going to say things to let him know we miss the "old" WAR. If he doesnt like it, then so be it...he knows us well enough to understand us and why we say the things we say.

If you dont like it...I couldnt give a shit. it's not about you and your input on how we choose to speak with our friend is unimportant and irrelevant to at least me, but I'm sure others feel the same way. As many other overly-sensitive people like to say lately..."If you dont like it, ignore it"

I know you don't give a shit; that's how you post. I just thought you were out of line, and pointed it out to you. But you guys are right, I'm no mod.

Buff
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM

If you see the actual story on PFT, he crosses out the RMN every time he mentions it. He was pointing out how it sucks that they got shut down.

Broncos or Die!!

What did Vic say? (I know he said there was no gag order, but why did people think there was, what was the misunderstanding?)