PDA

View Full Version : Report: Manning favors Denver; Broncos would trade Tebow

Pages : [1] 2

Magnificent Seven
03-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Peyton Manning could be close to choosing his next landing spot after just two stops on his free-agent tour, ESPN reported Sunday.

Citing sources close to Manning and a competing executive, the report put the Denver Broncos in the lead over Arizona and said Miami and Seattle might not even get the chance to arrange meetings with Manning.

One source, said to have spoken with Manning before his visit to the Cardinals, told ESPN "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

The Cardinals did get a visit, though, as Manning was in town Saturday night and remained in the Phoenix area Sunday, according to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.

The Broncos are in better financial position to strike immediately with nearly $30 million of salary cap space. The Cardinals are currently over the projected cap of $120.6 million, but could rework contract and release offensive tackle Levi Brown, who has a 2012 cap number of nearly $17 million, to free as much as $23 million, according to team sources.

A Cardinals team source told ESPN that Arizona would not go out without a fight and was prepared to make an aggressive push.

The Broncos won the AFC West with an 8-8 record and beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs under quarterback Tim Tebow last year. Tebow went on an electric run, in which his late-game dramatics won over fans, but critics have questioned his arm strength.

If Denver lands Manning, Tebow would be traded, with the Jacksonville Jaguars in line to acquire him, a source told Pro Football Network.

The Cardinals finished the season strong, winning seven of their last nine to finish 8-8 after a 1-6 start. The presence of six-time Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald has also been considered a drawing card for the 36-year-old quarterback.

Manning was released by the Indianapolis Colts in a tearful press conference and flew from Miami to Denver two days later.

He has been said to favor remaining in the AFC, but hasn't ruled out a conference switch, according to reports.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17728016/report-manning-favors-denver-broncos-would-trade-tebow

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
So basically if Manning has lost a little bit of strength we arent losing much but gaining a QB who has a lot better accuracy and a quick release. I understand the move if they go that route.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
did this just get real???

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:19 PM

Yea man.

http://screencrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/stepbrothers08-12-02.jpg

Nomad
03-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm sure Peyton likes the idea of the uncertainty at left tackle with AZ. Other than a dome, what does AZ have to offer?

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm sure Peyton likes the idea of the uncertainty at left tackle with AZ. Other than a dome, what does AZ have to offer?

Fitz, and isnt Heap there? Patrick Peterson and a return game is a bit enticing. Still hope he comes here though.

igoe4broncos
03-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll believe it when he signs the dotted line.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Fitz, and isnt Heap there? Patrick Peterson and a return game is a bit enticing. Still hope he comes here though.

Fitzgerald is their only shining lure, but he doesn't protect his blindside either. It's seems protection would be his top priority and that's why I don't see how Miami isn't #1 on the list because they have everything AZ does except a dome. Not underrating Clady either.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
All bias aside, I find it hard to believe AZ has more to offer than we do. Fitz is nice, but Manning made players out of Garcon and Collie. Add that our defense is poised to be better with a solid draft and FA and I think our line is better with a right handed pocket passer. Add the brain trust of Elway and Fox and suddenly it makes sense.

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Fitzgerald is their only shining lure, but he doesn't protect his blindside either. It's seems protection would be his top priority and that's why I don't see how Miami isn't #1 on the list because they have everything AZ does except a dome. Not underrating Clady either.

Well, even Denver would have to get some more pieces. The only difference is if Az has cap issues that really limits them.

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
All bias aside, I find it hard to believe AZ has more to offer than we do. Fitz is nice, but Manning made players out of Garcon and Collie. Add that our defense is poised to be better with a solid draft and FA and I think our line is better with a right handed pocket passer. Add the brain trust of Elway and Fox and suddenly it makes sense.

Yea, i have no doubt that Manning could make Decker and Royal into stars. At least make them more productive than they are at this point. And DT would just have a monster year with Manning throwing him the ball.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 02:33 PM

I said we should go after him way back when he was still a Colt. I was hammered with negativity because i made the notion. Now that this is a reality, it seems that the disbelievers, have become believers.

Im not sure where Tebow could land, since he is just a run option QB who is likely going to have more Rushes then Completions in a game, like he did last season. Who wants a QB that averages less then 2 completions per quarter, and 124 yards in the air per game. To a lot of teams, that sounds like a bust.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Maybe he doesnt want to mess with Brady twice a year. It is surprising Miami is lower on tge list, but then again...we're relying on "sources" and media for the validity of that info

Nomad
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Maybe he doesnt want to mess with Brady twice a year. It is surprising Miami is lower on tge list, but then again...we're relying on "sources" and media for the validity of that info

Yeah, but does he want to mess with the after affects of Tebow. What if Denver can't unload Tebow. My reasoning for discounting the BRONCOS is the Tebow factor perhaps Manning can overlook that. As far as Brady, I believe he'd welcome the challenge twice a year.

turftoad
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I hope Tebow has a nice career in Jacksonville. :salute:

Npba900
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, but does he want to mess with the after affects of Tebow. What if Denver can't unload Tebow. My reasoning for discounting the BRONCOS is the Tebow factor perhaps Manning can overlook that. As far as Brady, I believe he'd welcome the challenge twice a year.

Manning would love to have Tebow as one of his favorite receiving targets as a TE!!!

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
http://screencrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/stepbrothers08-12-02.jpg

prestige worldwide!

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM

My Brady comment was tongue in cheek. As far as Tebow...im sure there will be a taker for him somewhere. May not be for much of a return, but I certainly dont see them keeping him with Manning here

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I think Willis would be the breakout star with Manning.

Can you imagine how big the smile is on Clady's face right now? :D

He could go from star LT to obscured a bit due to injury and Tebow to the prospect of protecting Manning and getting PAID!

turftoad
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
My Brady comment was tongue in cheek. As far as Tebow...im sure there will be a taker for him somewhere. May not be for much of a return, but I certainly dont see them keeping him with Manning here

My projection is about a third rounder. No one wants to talk about, but, I'd take Gabbert straight up for Tebow and let him sit behind Manning for a couple years. I still think Gabbert can be good. He played with a shitty team last year in a shitty offense.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 03:05 PM

My projection is about a third rounder. No one wants to talk about, but, I'd take Gabbert straight up for Tebow and let him sit behind Manning for a couple years. I still think Gabbert can be good. He played with a shitty team last year in a shitty offense.

I think it would be wise for them to keep Gabbert. Then they would have the luxury of seeing which of the 2 options panned out.

That being said...i would take a 3rd for Tebow

buffsroam
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM

That is an interesting idea. I was thinking that we should draft the next QB, but that is pretty close to the same thing. Doubt it would happen.

underrated29
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Willis would be the breakout star with Manning.

Can you imagine how big the smile is on Clady's face right now? :D

He could go from star LT to obscured a bit due to injury and Tebow to the prospect of protecting Manning and getting PAID!

Actually it would be knows hon with the breakout year. Remember what Adlai looked like with manning?

Knows hon is a better catcher, runner, and faster rb than Adlai....also a better pass blocker.

My boy knows hon would tear it up!

BroncoStud
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Gabbert sucks balls. He belong nowhere close to the Denver Broncos.

rjent
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I know i will be hammered for this but I will say it any way, so here goes....: lol:

i think it is a huge gamble, and in my mind,a huge mistake for us to bring in manning and forsake tebow and his potential, and to add more fodder for the haters, I will feel like I am kissing my sister watching a used up, career over on the next play, qb that will be gone in a year or two at best.

I will understand if we keep tebow so john and peyton can mentor him, but if we get rid of him, for the first time in over fifty years my fandom will wane...

just my POV.....

Magnificent Seven
03-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Personally, I don't want Manning. Denver's offense can get boring. There would be no run and gun. They won't gonna mix it up and frustrate the hell outta opponent defense without Tebow. Manning is not a mobile-quarterback and he doesn't run and escape. He will depend on Broncos' offensive linemen often. Boring...Boring... Boring...

What if Manning got sacked big time and hurt his neck again? BOOM! Tebow is not here... Tebow is playing for another team. What a bust!

I have to say TEBOW OR BUST!

Nomad
03-11-2012, 03:27 PM
I know i will be hammered for this but I will say it any way, so here goes....: lol:

i think it is a huge gamble, and in my mind,a huge mistake for us to bring in manning and forsake tebow and his potential, and to add more fodder for the haters, I will feel like I am kissing my sister watching a used up, career over on the next play, qb that will be gone in a year or two at best.

I will understand if we keep tebow so john and peyton can mentor him, but if we get rid of him, for the first time in over fifty years my fandom will wane...

just my POV.....

I believe your fandom will be safe.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Personally, I don't want Manning. Denver's offense can get boring. There would be no run and gun. They won't gonna mix it up and frustrate the hell outta opponent defense without Tebow. Manning is not a mobile-quarterback and he doesn't run and escape. He will depend on Broncos' offensive linemen often. Boring...Boring... Boring...

What if Manning got sacked big time and hurt his neck again? BOOM! Tebow is not here... Tebow is playing for another team. What a bust!

I have to say TEBOW OR BUST!

Was the offense not boring last season. 23% 3rd down conversion percentage, less then 2 completions per quarter, 124 yards in the air, and more rushes then Completions.... That isn't boring.. Its plain pathetic...

I have to say Tebow is a Bust.

camdisco24
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
If there is one guy I trust to judge Tebow, it's #7.

If he doesn't see a future with Tebow, I believe in John Elway to make the right decision.

Peyton Manning to Denver will with be a very good thing, or a very bad thing.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
I will say this...if we sign Manning and keep Tebow...and Tebow doesnt improve under the tutelage of Elway and Manning...

...shoot him in the head. Put him out of his misery

Magnificent Seven
03-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Was the offense not boring last season. 23% 3rd down conversion percentage, less then 2 completions per quarter, 124 yards in the air, and more rushes then Completions.... That isn't boring.. Its plain pathetic...

I have to say Tebow is a Bust.

What about Steelers vs. Broncos game? Tebow has improved immensely and he looked sharp in overtime.

Elway continues to praise all of Tebow’s ”intangibles” leadership, a knack for clutch plays, his motivational skills, and knowing that his fundamentals

Elway will have the opportunity to tutor Tebow this offseason. I still believe in Tebow and I am sure that we will see the different version of Tebow in season 2012.

What if Manning got hurt big time in week 1 or week 4 and his doctor forces him to retire unexpectedly? Mile High City will be furious!

Nomad
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Manning to Cardinals:ponder:

https://twitter.com/#%21/Gambo620

Northman
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM

just my POV.....

Your fandom will wane over a guy who is a project? Man. lol

I had more of a problem when we traded Jay than i do at the possibility of trading a guy who needs a shitload of work. As far as gambles, its all a gamble. Its a gamble if they sign Manning and its a gamble if they stick with Tebow and he doesnt improve. Frankly, i would take my risks with a proven guy but thats just me.

Northman
03-11-2012, 03:54 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/Gambo620 (https://twitter.com/#%21/Gambo620)

Oh, he is an arizona guy. lol

Northman
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
If there is one guy I trust to judge Tebow, it's #7.

If he doesn't see a future with Tebow, I believe in John Elway to make the right decision.

Exactly.

chazoe60
03-11-2012, 03:58 PM

https://twitter.com/#%21/Gambo620
This is what I hate about twitter. One moron with a Shitty radio show and a twitter account can say any damn thing he wants.

Northman
03-11-2012, 03:59 PM
What if Manning got hurt big time in week 1 or week 4 and his doctor forces him to retire unexpectedly? Mile High City will be furious!

What if Tebow gets hurt in pre-season and gets paralyzed? Think Mile High would still be furious or understanding that its football?

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Im sure we can find some tweets where hes signing with Miami and Seattle too.

Key words "unless Bidwell screws this up". Isnt that what Bidwells do?

Northman
03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
This is what I hate about twitter. One moron with a Shitty radio show and a twitter account can say any damn thing he wants.

I should probably jump on twitter and say Denver has signed Manning and send it too that guy. lol

wayninja
03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
What if Tebow gets hurt in pre-season and gets paralyzed? Think Mile High would still be furious or understanding that is football?

Since we already have Tebow under contract, I'm going to say the latter.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM

:lol: look at you fellas getting all riled up. I was going to start a rumor that Condon was seen taking a flight to Phoenix.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I should probably jump on twitter and say Denver has signed Manning and send it too that guy. lol

I wonder if he would rush home to change his pants or would just sit there in it the rest of the day . . .

catfish
03-11-2012, 04:10 PM
What if Tebow gets hurt in pre-season and gets paralyzed? Think Mile High would still be furious or understanding that its football?

North come on man, there is a huge difference between spending big money to bring in a guy coming off of a major surgery and playing a guy who is already on the team. If Tebow got hurt it would be the breaks of the game, if Peton gets hurt it will be an "I told you so" thing it apples and oranges

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Manning or Tebow. Both are gambles. You just have to go with the one that poses the least risk to the goals of your organization. If Tebow was the lower risk...we wouldnt be talking to Manning. JMO

chazoe60
03-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Nomad is dead to me.

Northman
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
North come on man, there is a huge difference between spending big money to bring in a guy coming off of a major surgery and playing a guy who is already on the team. If Tebow got hurt it would be the breaks of the game, if Peton gets hurt it will be an "I told you so" thing it apples and oranges

I disagree.

I kind of heard this song and dance last year when we signed McGahee. Most of this board said he sucked and wouldnt even be anything more than third string back. And while Willis still battles injuries he was clearly an impact player and better than young guys like Moreno. Its no secret that Manning would be a risk, but Cat ANY player at any given time is a risk no matter if they are FA's or already on the squad.

Ill never understand why people are so opposed to this other than they cant stand the fact that Tebow is a very average QB. Even if Denver doesnt sign Manning the team still takes a risk in that Tebow may never improve and we waste another year or two watching subpar football. I would much rather get a proven guy (even with a possible health risk) who knows and understands the position and who gives this team a REAL chance to compete and not rely on 1 quarter of heroics week in and week out. I want a QB who is consistent and doesnt have so many question marks. If we were talking about any other QB (not elite) i would agree with you hands down. I dont want Flynn, im not concerned about Andrew Luck or RGIII because of where we are drafting, and there is no other FA QB worth signing that could be a legitimate starter for us and actually win more than Tebow. But we are talking about Peyton freaking Manning here. To me the risk is certainly worth it.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Nomad is dead to me.

:lol: I was reading at this site http://broncotalk.net/2012/03/31174/broncos-blog/live-blog-weekend-peyton-manning-tracker/ and came across the tweet. I figure no one takes me serious anyway so why not have a little fun and see the reactions.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
On the following link, it states that Arizona is the favorite right now.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/09000d5d8277880b/article/peyton-manning-stock-watch-whos-the-favorite-right-now?module=HP11_cp

wayninja
03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Basically, where ever he is currently or last at will be considered the favorite until Manning ends the speculation himself.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Basically, where ever he is currently or last at will be considered the favorite until Manning ends the speculation himself.

He'll be a Cowboy.:D

catfish
03-11-2012, 04:33 PM
I disagree.

I kind of heard this song and dance last year when we signed McGahee. Most of this board said he sucked and wouldnt even be anything more than third string back. And while Willis still battles injuries he was clearly an impact player and better than young guys like Moreno. Its no secret that Manning would be a risk, but Cat ANY player at any given time is a risk no matter if they are FA's or already on the squad.

Ill never understand why people are so opposed to this other than they cant stand the fact that Tebow is a very average QB. Even if Denver doesnt sign Manning the team still takes a risk in that Tebow may never improve and we waste another year or two watching subpar football. I would much rather get a proven guy (even with a possible health risk) who knows and understands the position and who gives this team a REAL chance to compete and not rely on 1 quarter of heroics week in and week out. I want a QB who is consistent and doesnt have so many question marks. If we were talking about any other QB (not elite) i would agree with you hands down. I dont want Flynn, im not concerned about Andrew Luck or RGIII because of where we are drafting, and there is no other FA QB worth signing that could be a legitimate starter for us and actually win more than Tebow. But we are talking about Peyton freaking Manning here. To me the risk is certainly worth it.

Yes, but Willis was a "value pick" they got him relatively cheap and even so he benefitted greatly from having Tebow as a running threat. He was definately a top 15 RB this year, but had very little impact on the actual cap. it is like betting 10$ on black it doesn't work out ohh well, Manning is betting $10K on black, if it works out you are sitting pretty, but if not you are in trouble.

If Tebow never improves as of now you aren't out anything other than the pick you use to get his replacement, he has no affect on cap, his picks are already gone. Really there is no risk in playing him next year other than the possibility of a 3-13 season which would in turn give you better picks next year. SO in my mind the people who are all in on this with no reservations are just impatient and not willing to see if Tebow has improved or not.

Like I said Manning could do great things here, but because of previous injury I would guess he is at least 3 times as likley to be reinjured without even taking into account his age. So if he gets paid the big bucks, then gets hurt 2 games in, the team ends up 5-11, you are right where you would have been with a worst case Tebow scenario only now you are 10-20 million less cap space than you had. Of course the other side of the coin is that he could get back to 100% and take you to the superbowl. the third option is that becuase of a more limited ROM in his neck and nerve damage he never gets to 100% and you are stuck with paying top $$ for a QB who is passable but far from great.

The guy I am really curious to hear from is Lancane, he is an ex baller that has had neck issues, his take would be interesting

Magnificent Seven
03-11-2012, 04:34 PM

Nah. Tebow can take hard hits. Tougher QB.

MOtorboat
03-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Nah. Tebow can take hard hits. Tougher QB.

LMAO.

You do realize Peyton Manning started the most consecutive games of any player, ever, right?

Jeebus.

Northman
03-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes, but Willis was a "value pick" they got him relatively cheap and even so he benefitted greatly from having Tebow as a running threat. He was definately a top 15 RB this year, but had very little impact on the actual cap. it is like betting 10$ on black it doesn't work out ohh well, Manning is betting $10K on black, if it works out you are sitting pretty, but if not you are in trouble.

Depends on your value though. Willis was a RB who split time with Rice so he wasnt going to command a high price anyway. Manning on the other hand, is one of the best at his position so the pricetag will be much more.

If Tebow never improves as of now you aren't out anything other than the pick you use to get his replacement, he has no affect on cap, his picks are already gone. Really there is no risk in playing him next year other than the possibility of a 3-13 season which would in turn give you better picks next year. SO in my mind the people who are all in on this with no reservations are just impatient and not willing to see if Tebow has improved or not.

Indeed. Thats the good thing about Teebs contract is that if he is kept and sits for a couple of years than its not the Rivers/Brees senario where you got a high pricetag sitting on the bench. On the flipside, if you trade or cut him than you lose almost nothing in the process. As too people being impatient, i dont think thats even it really. People assume that but the reality is (at least for me) is that i have seen nothing that comforts me that he can improve. There are moments where i see he can make plays but i can pull up a list of players who are like that and have not done much at the NFL level. Winning a few games is nice, but there has to be consistency from the QB position and as a fan i need to see certain things from that position that i dont see in Tebow. For me this year it wont matter if Tebow starts because i was planning on watching him start this year anyway. But when Manning was allowed to test the market and Denver became one of his targets i can honestly say that it intrigued me and it would be exciting to have him here. I admit, last year watching Tebow was like watching a passing circus come to town and it was fun. But i have no faith that it can be repeated in the same manner. With Manning, i have much more confidence in what can be done and what the team can do for the next 2-3 years.

Like I said Manning could do great things here, but because of previous injury I would guess he is at least 3 times as likley to be reinjured without even taking into account his age. So if he gets paid the big bucks, then gets hurt 2 games in, the team ends up 5-11, you are right where you would have been with a worst case Tebow scenario only now you are 10-20 million less cap space than you had. Of course the other side of the coin is that he could get back to 100% and take you to the superbowl. the third option is that becuase of a more limited ROM in his neck and nerve damage he never gets to 100% and you are stuck with paying top $$ for a QB who is passable but far from great.

Well, here's the other thing we have not been talking about. Incentives. None of us know what kind of contract Denver is maybe talking about with Manning. While im sure there is some guaranteed money im also positive that some of it is incentive based and dependent on if he can stay healthy. I would be almost willing to bet a lot of teams have some sort of clause like that in their contracts. They know the risk and because i believe that Manning wants to win another ring and wants to prove the Colts wrong for bailing on him he will do whatever it takes to make his suitor at ease.

The guy I am really curious to hear from is Lancane, he is an ex baller that has had neck issues, his take would be interesting

Lan always has good takes so i too would like to hear his input.

chazoe60
03-11-2012, 04:50 PM
LMAO.

You do realize Peyton Manning started the most consecutive games of any player, ever, right?

Jeebus.
I think Favre did, but you still make a good point.
Edit: Actually I think Marshall(Minn DL) started more games than anyone.

MOtorboat
03-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I think Favre did, but you still make a good point.
Edit: Actually I think Marshall(Minn DL) started more games than anyone.

You're right. Manning came in second. What a pansy.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Bobby flay made a cheeseburger with poblano peppers and bacon

Northman
03-11-2012, 04:55 PM
They just reported that Manning will meet with Miami tomorrow.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I just hope this is over with b4 tuesday.

rjent
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
in other words nobody knows shit....:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Titans owner Bud Adams wants Peyton Manning, and said he is prepared to make a competitive offer to get him.

The issue, of course, is whether the future Hall of Fame quarterback wants the Titans.

Adams told The Tennessean on Sunday he has contacted Manning’s agent, Tom Condon, and is pushing for the former Colt to visit the Titans.

“He is the man I want. Period,” Adams said. “And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.”

rest - http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120311/SPORTS01/120311018/Titans-owner-wants-sign-Peyton-Manning

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
THIS is where I thought he'd end up when Indy secured the #1 pick. Then they said nothing. The people of Tennessee woship this guy. He gets to play in very good weather for 8 games, plus go to Indy, Houston and Jax for 3 more. Has a star RB and WR in Kenny Britt. If they have the cap space and this isn't simply a PR move, Tennessee is where I think he ends up.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM
You're right. Manning came in second. What a pansy.

Actually, you said of 'any player', so, he's not even top 5. But I'm not disputing your point, just like baggin' on ya.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
More from Bud Adams:

"That's why I am so anxious to get him to come visit with us and I want him on my team. I could sit down with him and show him what (we'd be willing to pay). If he would come (meet) with me he would be happy with what he'd get."

Adams even said he wants Manning in his front office when he retires from playing.

"I want him to be with me the rest of his working period of his life," Adams said, "even when he doesn't want to play anymore."

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827875f8/article/titans-owner-adams-has-contacted-peyton-mannings-agent-wants-visit?module=HP11_headline_stack

BigDaddyBronco
03-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm left wondering if the scenario will play out like it did with the 49ers oh so many years ago. Future HOF QB Joe Montana is coming off injury with questions about if he'll ever be the same, so the 49ers go with Steve Young and dump Montana. Montana goes to the Chiefs and has some success, but is clearly not the better QB. The Chiefs don't win shyt and the 49ers go on to win another SB. So from that perspective we can look at the Colts and say they made the right choice with Luck over Manning.

What about us? Can Tebow turn into the next Steve Young? If he does, is it a monumental mistake to give up the next 10-12 years of Tebow for 2-3 years of Peyton Manning? Maybe if we are on the verge of being in the SB, or if Tebow doesn't amount to anything. But if neither of those two things happen and Tebow turns into Steve Young, then it will be a huge failure for the Broncos and we could look like the Chiefs and have a 15 year drought. If Tebow leaves and has good growth and success and we don't go deep into the playoffs, Elway should be fired. Not for taking a chance, but for being shortsighted about the strengths of different types of QB's.

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
What about Steelers vs. Broncos game? Tebow has improved immensely and he looked sharp in overtime.

Elway continues to praise all of Tebow’s ”intangibles” leadership, a knack for clutch plays, his motivational skills, and knowing that his fundamentals

Elway will have the opportunity to tutor Tebow this offseason. I still believe in Tebow and I am sure that we will see the different version of Tebow in season 2012.

Tebow had like 6 wins last season posting 18 points or less. That isn't leadership.. Thats called Championship Defense.

The Steelers vs Broncos game?? lol.. Tebow only completed 9 passes all game. With 9 defensive players in the box, Tebow still doesn't know what a pass defense looks like. If our defense didn't play so well, Tebow wouldn't get all the credit. Tebow doesn't have much intangibles, infact, I never saw anything from Tebow last year that said "Leadership". I saw a defense that kept our team in the game, and within a score most times, much like how Mark Sanchaz started his career with a great Jets Defense, Tebow had much of the same with Denvers Defense.

I don't ever believe Tebow will be a pocket QB who can win consistantly. The last 5 games it was quite apparent that the "TebowCat" offense was figured out, much like the "Wildcat" offense, when Miami experimented with it. We only had an 8-8 record and needed to put up 18 points or less in about 6 games. I have full confidence that Manning would have given us a 14-2 or better with the type of defense Denver has to offer. The Defense, and the name "Ryan Clady", will be the difference maker in Payton Manning's decision.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Tebow had like 6 wins last season posting 18 points or less. That isn't leadership.. Thats called Championship Defense.

The Steelers vs Broncos game?? lol.. Tebow only completed 9 passes all game. With 9 defensive players in the box, Tebow still doesn't know what a pass defense looks like. If our defense didn't play so well, Tebow wouldn't get all the credit. Tebow doesn't have much intangibles, infact, I never saw anything from Tebow last year that said "Leadership". I saw a defense that kept our team in the game, and within a score most times, much like how Mark Sanchaz started his career with a great Jets Defense, Tebow had much of the same with Denvers Defense.

I don't ever believe Tebow will be a pocket QB who can win consistantly. The last 5 games it was quite apparent that the "TebowCat" offense was figured out, much like the "Wildcat" offense, when Miami experimented with it. We only had an 8-8 record and needed to put up 18 points or less in about 6 games. I have full confidence that Manning would have given us a 14-2 or better with the type of defense Denver has to offer. The Defense, and the name "Ryan Clady", will be the difference maker in Payton Manning's decision.

Funny how that same championship defense couldn't get it done for Orton. He must not have had the same guys or something.

The Steelers game was a joke. Tebow shattering several post season records is simply laughable.

Yawn.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm left wondering if the scenario will play out like it did with the 49ers oh so many years ago. Future HOF QB Joe Montana is coming off injury with questions about if he'll ever be the same, so the 49ers go with Steve Young and dump Montana. Montana goes to the Chiefs and has some success, but is clearly not the better QB. The Chiefs don't win shyt and the 49ers go on to win another SB. So from that perspective we can look at the Colts and say they made the right choice with Luck over Manning.

What about us? Can Tebow turn into the next Steve Young? If he does, is it a monumental mistake to give up the next 10-12 years of Tebow for 2-3 years of Peyton Manning? Maybe if we are on the verge of being in the SB, or if Tebow doesn't amount to anything. But if neither of those two things happen and Tebow turns into Steve Young, then it will be a huge failure for the Broncos and we could look like the Chiefs and have a 15 year drought. If Tebow leaves and has good growth and success and we don't go deep into the playoffs, Elway should be fired. Not for taking a chance, but for being shortsighted about the strengths of different types of QB's.

I agree with everything you have said, except - "Elway should be fired", if the following is true.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen willing to spend for Peyton Manning

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is prepared to do whatever it takes to land Manning,

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20139778

If true - it appears Bowlen is "driving the bus" on this one.

tomjonesrocks
03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
THIS is where I thought he'd end up when Indy secured the #1 pick. Then they said nothing. The people of Tennessee woship this guy. He gets to play in very good weather for 8 games, plus go to Indy, Houston and Jax for 3 more. Has a star RB and WR in Kenny Britt. If they have the cap space and this isn't simply a PR move, Tennessee is where I think he ends up.

Completely agree...Manning to Tennessee and Denver sticks with Tebow for better or for worse.

smith49
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok, so I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents here, not that anyone cares, but here goes.

As far as Tebow goes, I love the kid. He's a pure, give it your all, rally around me guy. However, he's not good. He can throw it deep and he can run. He still can not throw an NFL pass, like it or not. Still, I want to believe that he can learn and figure it out. I just don't see him doing it in the long run. But, he is a stud of a human and that's what makes it so tough.

As for manning, we know how good he is. The question on him is his arm strength. Unlike some people on here have said, his neck is healed now. It is at 100%. If he get hit hard he has the same chance of hurting it as he did before it got injured in the first place. The big unknown is can he throw?? I'm guessing he can, but I suppose we'll see.

Im Good with acquiring him, but part of me is going to miss Timmy. If he goes.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Kent Somers tweet: "Seriously, no word on how it went. Cardinals are under deep cover. Try to ferret something out."

Probably nothing to it, although they wouldn't be inclined to talk about it much if things didn't go so well, would they?

I dunno . . . probably a case of getting my hopes up . . .

tomjonesrocks
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Even if Denver gets Manning, and I now think they won't -- Denver does NOT have to get rid of Tebow. Who's to say they will? I wouldn't considering the max they'll get is a 2nd or 3rd round pick just on the risk factor of him potentially doing great somewhere else alone. I'd try to have him learn from Manning and try to contribute at other positions or packages in the meantime. If he's pissed I'd let him be pissed until he got over it.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Manning's gonna have a hell of a time facing SF's defense twice a year. Eli better consult him on that.:lol:

wayninja
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Even if Denver gets Manning, and I now think they won't -- Denver does NOT have to get rid of Tebow. Who's to say they will? I wouldn't considering the max they'll get is a 2nd or 3rd round pick just on the risk factor of him potentially doing great somewhere else alone. I'd try to have him learn from Manning and try to contribute at other positions or packages in the meantime. If he's pissed I'd let him be pissed until he got over it.

Tebow was incredibly effective in goal line/short yardage situations in his first year with Denver and I don't understand why Denver shifted away from that the first part of 2011. He could learn under Manning and continue to be used in those specialty roles.

For some reason, all the reports are that Manning in = Tebow out. Maybe because they have the same representation which is somehow awkward.

catfish
03-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Tebow was incredibly effective in goal line/short yardage situations in his first year with Denver and I don't understand why Denver shifted away from that the first part of 2011. He could learn under Manning and continue to be used in those specialty roles.

For some reason, all the reports are that Manning in = Tebow out. Maybe because they have the same representation which is somehow awkward.

I have seen reports both ways, both that Tebow is definatley out and that the FO has no interest in trading Tebow. I will worry when I see something actually happen. UNitl then it is all guesses, make enough of em and 1 is sure to be right

Nomad
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I have seen reports both ways, both that Tebow is definatley out and that the FO has no interest in trading Tebow. I will worry when I see something actually happen. UNitl then it is all guesses, make enough of em and 1 is sure to be right

I believe Tebow would love to get a chance to be back in Jacksonville.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Actually, nothing means anything right now. Lombardi put it succinctly in a tweet:

"Truth of the matter is, unless your 'source' is Manning, you're guessing. We're all guessing. That's why I hate these kinda stories."

catfish
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I believe Tebow would love to get a chance to be back in Jacksonville.

reports out of Jax say they aren't that interested, the new owner is deferring to the GM for personell decisions, the GM says Tebow wont play for Jax while he is there. Could just be posturing who knows....the forum fan base doesn't want him, they believe Gabberts struggles were due to the talent around him/he is young and this will be his breakout year

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 07:42 PM
reports out of Jax say they aren't that interested, the new owner is deferring to the GM for personell decisions, the GM says Tebow wont play for Jax while he is there. Could just be posturing who knows....the forum fan base doesn't want him, they believe Gabberts struggles were due to the talent around him/he is young and this will be his breakout year

UM...that GM isn't allowed to make a comment...it's called tampering.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
The first curveball in the big game for the services of Peyton Manning has been thrown. And it's an 89-year-old owner on the mound.

The Titans' Bud Adams told The Tennessean on Sunday that Manning "is the man I want. Period. And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen."

For the last few weeks, Titans sources have held firm that the club planned on moving forward with their current arrangement at quarterback, with veteran Matt Hasselbeck mentoring 2011 first-round pick Jake Locker. The club likes the relationship the two have built, and foresees a smooth transition from one to the other down the line.

rest of article - interesting points in it - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278799a/article/titans-worth-watching-in-peyton-manning-sweepstakes?module=HP11_headline_stack

Nomad
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Perhaps, but it doesn't mean Tebow wouldn't love to be back in that neck of the woods.

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM

according to Mark Long of the AP, Gene smith has stated that they will not pursue Tebow as long as he is the GM(he was just extended 3 years)
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/3/10/2859632/tim-tebow-trade-jacksonville-jaguars

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Perhaps, but it doesn't mean Tebow wouldn't love to be back in that neck of the woods.

Ohh I agree there, just don't think it is likely to happen, unless they are posturing to drive the price down...I will tell you on the forums they really believe in Gabbert. They are talking likelihood he breaks the franchise TD record next year

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:07 PM

it's only tampering if you say you ARE interested. You can say you have no interest unitl you are blue in the face

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
it's only tampering if you say you ARE interested. You can say you have no interest unitl you are blue in the face

which is my point...he can't say he does want him...until he's made available.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
according to Mark Long of the AP, Gene smith has stated that they will not pursue Tebow as long as he is the GM(he was just extended 3 years)
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/3/10/2859632/tim-tebow-trade-jacksonville-jaguars

From the article which goes to the link you posted:

I mean, the Jaguars are clearly chomping at the bit to get Tim Tebow since they didn't draft him in 2010, when he was graded out as a late-round backup, and the same front office staff is still in place so they'll clearly trade for him.

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
which is my point...he can't say he does want him...until he's made available.

sorry I had misunderstood

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
From the article which goes to the link you posted:

I mean, the Jaguars are clearly chomping at the bit to get Tim Tebow since they didn't draft him in 2010, when he was graded out as a late-round backup, and the same front office staff is still in place so they'll clearly trade for him.

exactly, they didn't want him in 2010, why would they want him now....they just traded up for Gabbert

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
sorry I had misunderstood

After reading my post...i shoulda clarified.

He can't say "that he's interested" that'd be tampering

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
After reading my post...i shoulda clarified.

He can't say "that he's interested" that'd be tampering

no worries:)

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
exactly, they didn't want him in 2010, why would they want him now....they just traded up for Gabbert

they picked like 9th...doesn't mean they didnt have interest.

His jersey sales alone and hype after 2011 would make Jax some serious bank.

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM
they picked like 9th...doesn't mean they didnt have interest.

His jersey sales alone and hype after 2011 would make Jax some serious bank.

I don't know, after just burning a #10 on Gabbert just last year I think they ride it out. They would get some ticket sales boost, but Jersey sales don't help the bottom line(profit sharing). Maybe they are just looking to push the price down, but everything I read locally says they don't want him. They are suprisingly impressed with Gabbert

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't know, after just burning a #10 on Gabbert just last year I think they ride it out. They would get some ticket sales boost, but Jersey sales don't help the bottom line(profit sharing). Maybe they are just looking to push the price down, but everything I read locally says they don't want him. They are suprisingly impressed with Gabbert

In 2010...I'd agree 100%. But rookie contracts are so low that Jax can afford to eait Gabbert's deal. Ticket sales, and the cash side of the busines like parking and vending, would bring in major dollars.

catfish
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
In 2010...I'd agree 100%. But rookie contracts are so low that Jax can afford to eait Gabbert's deal. Ticket sales, and the cash side of the busines like parking and vending, would bring in major dollars.

I would be a lot more confident if the owner hadn't said he will defer personal decisions to the GM...of course it could happen, this is definatley the time of year to take it all with a grain of salt....if I wanted Tebow I would be talking him down too....."sure we will take him but not for more than a 5th rounder"

LTC Pain
03-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Can someone put out a fan alert when Tebow is traded? Thanks!

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
"The Cardinals finished the season strong, winning seven of their last nine to finish 8-8 after a 1-6 start."

Wait? The Cards started 1-6 and want to replace both QB's, but it's outta the question for Denver to replace their QB? Their QB's played better and they also finished 8-8 after a worse start? Apparently the Cards didn't get the "he deserves the starting job" memo.......

pipes
03-11-2012, 09:35 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/if-cards-want-manning-theyll-need-to-scramble-to-create-cap-space/

What I think is odd is that Arizona is OVER the cap.
Now I know that that can be misleading but they are significantly over...and have a horrible OL.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/if-cards-want-manning-theyll-need-to-scramble-to-create-cap-space/

What I think is odd is that Arizona is OVER the cap.
Now I know that that can be misleading but they are significantly over...and have a horrible OL.

Yeah, the way i understand it the Cards will have to get rid of their left tackle to make cap room then figure out a way to sign a left tackle.

pipes
03-11-2012, 09:45 PM
On pft...my username is makeshersquirt.
This was my response....

Let me get this straight…they’re wining and dining the top free agent this year, who is going to be expensive…and they can’t afford their current roster?!

Oh, and their OL is garbage…so if they do squeeze under the cap, and get Peyton…they’re going to get him killed because they don’t have anybody that can block my son’s flag football team’s defensive line…and they have no $ to improve it!

**and they have to cut their best OL, in order to get under the cap...genius**

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Gabbert sucks balls. He belong nowhere close to the Denver Broncos.

He did suck, but you can put in any Jax game and see 10 throws Tebow can't make. The talent is there and it doesn't need a massive overhaul to develope.......

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM

"Tebow is the herpes of Jacksonville, everytime you think you finally got rid of him…he just pops back up"

Hehe.......

topscribe
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah, the way i understand it the Cards will have to get rid of their left tackle to make cap room then figure out a way to sign a left tackle.

Now, that really ought to impress Manning . . . :laugh:

Krugan
03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
And still there is this issue of a Manning who isnt fully healed.

I cant believe this team would be willing to bring in a broken piece a'frickin'gain and ship out the only other damn QB under contract.

I dont love Tebow, but im willing to give the guy more than 12 games.

I have a sinking feeling that this will all happen, only to find out, about the end of preseason, that the aged one cant go 100% and wont be the "1/2 a manning is better than what we got".

Thats how shiat rolls here lately, and why should it change when the powers that be are following right along. Sigh

BigDaddyBronco
03-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I agree with everything you have said, except - "Elway should be fired", if the following is true.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20139778

If true - it appears Bowlen is "driving the bus" on this one.

Yea, you can't really fire Pat Bowlen. Not that I haven't wanted to. LOL.

BigDaddyBronco
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM

This is exactly what I want to have happen, but I was responding to the thread which is Denver getting Manning and trading Tebow.

Lancane
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
If Manning does choose Denver, and right now I believe the competition is between Denver and Arizona in all seriousness...then who will want the headache and media circus that comes with Tebow? Miami might make a play, they've been known to go with unorthodox offenses before and he'd be back in Florida where he is nearing Sainthood. But the Fins and Philbin will likely go all in at that point for Matt Flynn. Washington and the Shanahanites have traded up for the second overall pick and will leave the draft with either RGIII or by some weird Irsay of a chance, Luck. Tennessee though they say they're interested in Manning have their quarterback of the future as does Minnesota and many other NFL teams. That leaves Arizona who are in fiscal hell and have made a fubar of their own situation, Seattle who has hurt themselves just as much as Arizona through free agency and trades, Cleveland who is more interested in moving beyond McCoy instead of coaching him and Philadelphia which is the ideal landing spot for Tebow IMHO with Vick as his mentor. I don't see many choices in this, so there is a better chance we keep him till he becomes a free agent and he walks or try to convert him to another position.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Cane, I dont believe EXF will want to deal with the circus. They will dump Tebow off for cheap and wash their hands of it whether it will be Jacksonville or Miami and I believe it's the sole reason Manning is being brought into Denver. I don't believe Jacksonville wouldn't bite if given a phone call.

I also believe the reason Manning is hesitate to decide is because he likes AZ but wants to see if they are able to work out their financial woes by dumping players and fix the oline.

So far, I'm 0-2 with Manning going to KC and Miami, so just ignore what I say.:lol:

turftoad
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
If Manning does choose Denver, and right now I believe the competition is between Denver and Arizona in all seriousness...then who will want the headache and media circus that comes with Tebow? Miami might make a play, they've been known to go with unorthodox offenses before and he'd be back in Florida where he is nearing Sainthood. But the Fins and Philbin will likely go all in at that point for Matt Flynn. Washington and the Shanahanites have traded up for the second overall pick and will leave the draft with either RGIII or by some weird Irsay of a chance, Luck. Tennessee though they say they're interested in Manning have their quarterback of the future as does Minnesota and many other NFL teams. That leaves Arizona who are in fiscal hell and have made a fubar of their own situation, Seattle who has hurt themselves just as much as Arizona through free agency and trades, Cleveland who is more interested in moving beyond McCoy instead of coaching him and Philadelphia which is the ideal landing spot for Tebow IMHO with Vick as his mentor. I don't see many choices in this, so there is a better chance we keep him till he becomes a free agent and he walks or try to convert him to another position.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-will-trade-tim-tebow-if-they-get-peyton-manning-031112

A source close to the team said Tebow stands to be traded upon the arrival of the four-time MVP.

The report claims the Jacksonville Jaguars are lining themselves up to acquire the unconventional quarterback, who led the Broncos on a sometimes-improbable run to the AFC West title last season.

Lancane
03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Cane, I dont believe EXF will want to deal with the circus. They will dump Tebow off for cheap and wash their hands of it whether it will be Jacksonville or Miami and I believe it's the sole reason Manning is being brought into Denver. I don't believe Jacksonville wouldn't bite if given a phone call.

I also believe the reason Manning is hesitate to decide is because he likes AZ but wants to see if they are able to work out their financial woes by dumping players and fix the oline.

So far, I'm 0-2 with Manning going to KC and Miami, so just ignore what I say.:lol:

I have a feeling that Manning will end up in Denver, the problem truly will be where does Denver dump Tebow? I hate to say it, but we could be stuck with him. Turf believes that Jacksonville will make a move for Tebow as some have reported, I have a hard time believing Mularkey will want Tebow over Gabbert who is far more like Ryan, and if he does go to Jacksonville...he'll likely be the most popular backup quarterback in the league once more.

Another issue people haven't realized is that this will effect the relationship between Tebow and the Broncos, what happens if Manning does decide to go elsewhere? Tebow will know that the Broncos don't see him as 'The Quarterback', Denver may be forced to enter either the Flynn or Tannehill sweepstakes, unless Jacksonville wants a straight up trade Gabbert for Tebow. Either way, I don't see Tebow trusting the Denver Brass as he once did, and this sort of proves that what they've been saying has been double edged from the beginning or at least IMHO...this could literally cause bad blood between them.

catfish
03-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I have a feeling that Manning will end up in Denver, the problem truly will be where does Denver dump Tebow? I hate to say it, but we could be stuck with him. Turf believes that Jacksonville will make a move for Tebow as some have reported, I have a hard time believing Mularkey will want Tebow over Gabbert who is far more like Ryan, and if he does go to Jacksonville...he'll likely be the most popular backup quarterback in the league once more.

Another issue people haven't realized is that this will effect the relationship between Tebow and the Broncos, what happens if Manning does decide to go elsewhere? Tebow will know that the Broncos don't see him as 'The Quarterback', Denver may be forced to enter either the Flynn or Tannehill sweepstakes, unless Jacksonville wants a straight up trade Gabbert for Tebow. Either way, I don't see Tebow trusting the Denver Brass as he once did, and this sort of proves that what they've been saying has been double edged from the beginning or at least IMHO...this could literally cause bad blood between them.

Local word is Jax has little to no interest in Tebow..the GM really dislikes him and the fanbase is pretty much behind Gabbert. On a positive note as long as the team is winning there will be no circus. I sincerely doubt you hear chants to bench Manning.

Lancane
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Local word is Jax has little to no interest in Tebow..the GM really dislikes him and the fanbase is pretty much behind Gabbert. On a positive note as long as the team is winning there will be no circus. I sincerely doubt you hear chants to bench Manning.

Come on Cat, we've seen the extremeness of Tebow's zealous fan base...they'll 'boo' and 'chant', because they revere 'wonderboy' Tebow. Despite his flaws, how many of them have said that he'll revolutionize the game and he has no need to change that he is epitome of the new quarterbacks and blah, blah, blah. The circus is not going to go away from Denver till he does, that's just a really sad fact and this whole Manning situation is pretty much spelling out the Broncos take on Tebow, it went from "We think he'll improve and he'll be a great quarterback, someday" to "We're all in for Manning", take it from Tebow's own perspective, I'd be surprised if he didn't ask to be traded, and maybe that's what Denver's ultimate goal was...for Tebow to ask to be moved.

red98
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM

The Broncos told Tebow and everyone else that they would be getting two QBs to come in and compete with him. I wouldn't worry about bad blood.

If they do trade Tebow I don't see the Jaguars wanting him. Your idea (from another post) about the Eagles maybe wanting him is intriguing.

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
This is exactly what I want to have happen, but I was responding to the thread which is Denver getting Manning and trading Tebow.

Even though there wasn't a rookie salary cap when Tebow was drafted he still wasn't a top 10 to 15 pick. He was 25th overall pick so his contract should be a lot more affordable than guy in the top 15.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM

Manning's probably not very confident either that's the reason for not committing to the BRONCOS.

Lancane
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The Broncos told Tebow and everyone else that they would be getting two QBs to come in and compete with him. I wouldn't worry about bad blood.

If they do trade Tebow I don't see the Jaguars wanting him. Your idea (from another post) about the Eagles maybe wanting him is intriguing.

Manning isn't competition Red, Vince Young, Chad Henne or Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins are competition, but RGIII, who Denver wanted to draft and was high on, Ryan Tannehill who Denver could make a move for now or Peyton Manning are not, those are franchise capable quarterbacks. And all reports believe Tebow is furious, because he knows what it means...even if some don't want to agree. McDaniels made an inquiry for a far less talented quarterback and possibly trading Cutler, remember what came of that?

And the Eagles make perfect sense, they have a disgusted fan base who has watched them squander the team into mediocrity - some are none too happy with Vick, adding Tebow behind Vick, who is a mobile, left handed quarterback, well that seems ideal for both sides...and Philadelphia has a good number of picks in the draft to boot.

Lancane
03-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Manning's probably not very confident either that's the reason for not committing to the BRONCOS.

Why would he commit? Manning visited the Cards and the Broncos without his agent, he'll talk to his dad and then include his agent once he's made his choice...this isn't about money, he's not going to commit when what he was doing was getting a feel for the teams atop his list. People are buying far too much in that he walked away uncommitted.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Why would he commit? Manning visited the Cards and the Broncos without his agent, he'll talk to his dad and then include his agent once he's made his choice...this isn't about money, he's not going to commit when what he was doing was getting a feel for the teams atop his list. People are buying far too much in that he walked away uncommitted.

I understand the process with daddy and the agent but if Manning was that pleased with Denver and wanted to make a decision before Tuesday.....he would and now it's going to linger for a week. I'm not sold he likes Denver as much as the media has lead us to believe.

underrated29
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Come on Cat, we've seen the extremeness of Tebow's zealous fan base...they'll 'boo' and 'chant', because they revere 'wonderboy' Tebow. Despite his flaws, how many of them have said that he'll revolutionize the game and he has no need to change that he is epitome of the new quarterbacks and blah, blah, blah. The circus is not going to go away from Denver till he does, that's just a really sad fact and this whole Manning situation is pretty much spelling out the Broncos take on Tebow, it went from "We think he'll improve and he'll be a great quarterback, someday" to "We're all in for Manning", take it from Tebow's own perspective, I'd be surprised if he didn't ask to be traded, and maybe that's what Denver's ultimate goal was...for Tebow to ask to be moved.

no no no.....

There will be no circus like everyone keeps claiming. I am a HUGE tebow fan, in part because I liked and was intrigued by him and other becayse Kyle Orton sucked so bad....- I have never seen a QB suck so much. I literally Can not Stand KO anymore. He is just a step up from Mcdaniels on bow badly I wanted him out of here. Because of that, and like MOST bronco fans, every INT, every incomplete etc- We were thinking/chanting Tebow.

Manning is no Orton. So if manning throws INTs, or Incompletes, NO ONE will be chanting Tebow. Yes, his little fan bois will, but you are SEVERELY DRASTICALLY underestimating how many of us bronco fans there are and how few of them there are!! Last year, it seemed like there were so many because we all had the common goal of tebow and not orton, so it made the circus louder.

But make no mistake, there will be no circus, it will be just like last TC...Orton, TT, quinn, weber. There will be competition. Only this time, we all know Peyton is better than tebow, just like last year we all knew the Tebow was better than Orton.

I am telling you, TT is going to compete, but ultimately sit and learn and study and grow. He will not be traded! And after a full year of tudoring from the staff and from Peyton he will be able to give manning a good camp battle for the next year. Will he win? I doubt it, but the year after that? All bets are off.

PS- The ONLY QB in this draft that we have a shot at, to mentor behind Peyton (assuming Im wrong and we do trade TT- is Weeden). So we would go into the season with PM, Weeden, Delholme or carr? I do not think so. This is being blown way out of proporsion by the media and the fans are taking the bait. Just like they did the first year with Mcd. When they had everyone convinced we were taking a QB, like Sanchez or Freeman. Only few of us successfully called Knowshon as the pick. Its a media circus right now, and once we dont trade him it will vaporize as quickly as it came.

Lancane
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I understand the process with daddy and the agent but if Manning was that pleased with Denver and wanted to make a decision before Tuesday.....he would and now it's going to linger for a week. I'm not sold he likes Denver as much as the media has lead us to believe.

That's plausible Nomad, and we now know he'll visit Tennessee as well...so I guess we'll see. Either way, there will still be drama at the position it seems.

red98
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Manning isn't competition Red, Vince Young, Chad Henne or Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins are competition, but RGIII, who Denver wanted to draft and was high on, Ryan Tannehill who Denver could make a move for now or Peyton Manning are not, those are franchise capable quarterbacks. And all reports believe Tebow is furious, because he knows what it means...even if some don't want to agree. McDaniels made an inquiry for a far less talented quarterback and possibly trading Cutler, remember what came of that?

And the Eagles make perfect sense, they have a disgusted fan base who has watched them squander the team into mediocrity - some are none too happy with Vick, adding Tebow behind Vick, who is a mobile, left handed quarterback, well that seems ideal for both sides...and Philadelphia has a good number of picks in the draft to boot.

I didn't say Manning was competition just pointing out that Tebow knew he would not be handed the starting QB job. I haven't seen even one report that says Tebow is furious. I saw one where a guy said "Tebow's camp should be rattled" that was turned into "Tebow is rattled" by the rumor mill. I saw another sourced comment that said Tebow is philosophical about the whole thing. He's a competitor so I'm sure he's irked but I wouldn't worry about "bad blood". If the Broncos want to keep Tebow they will.

The Eagles do make perfect sense! On top of what you already said about it I think I remember Reid saying that if he was Tebow's coach he would learn to throw better.

In fact Tebow to the Eagles for a late draft pick is the only viable trade scenario I've seen proposed that does make sense.

Nomad
03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
That's plausible Nomad, and we now know he'll visit Tennessee as well...so I guess we'll see. Either way, there will still be drama at the position it seems.

I want this shit to be done with and move on. But you're right.....the QB position will always be a curse for this team.

catfish
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM

I don't buy it Cane, I am as you know one of the zealous Tebow crazies....I would take a healthy Peyton over Tebow all day no questions asked. I think the furor over the QB position was as much a hatred of Orton as it was a love of Tebow...if Tebow wasn't on the team they would have been chanting for Quinn. I really don't think there will be any controversy, and I think the media stuff will die down as there is no underdog story to sell. (which is really what ESPN and others were bumping). The only reservation I have about the whole deal is making sure Peyton is healthy, but if he is willing to financially protect the team he goes to if he gets hurt, and it has been reported he is willing to do so. Go all in!

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't buy it Cane, I am as you know one of the zealous Tebow crazies....I would take a healthy Peyton over Tebow all day no questions asked. I think the furor over the QB position was as much a hatred of Orton as it was a love of Tebow...if Tebow wasn't on the team they would have been chanting for Quinn. I really don't think there will be any controversy, and I think the media stuff will die down as there is no underdog story to sell. (which is really what ESPN and others were bumping). The only reservation I have about the whole deal is making sure Peyton is healthy, but if he is willing to financially protect the team he goes to if he gets hurt, and it has been reported he is willing to do so. Go all in!

I agree with you about Orton. He didn't do much to ingratiate himself to Denver but I also think a lot had to do with how he got to Denver in the first place. I think for many it was much about dislike for McDaniels. I think there are many like myself that saw Denver downgrading the quarterback position by bringing him in.

If Denver is winning there wont be controversy. If Denver starts off 1-4 there will be crap load of controversy.

jhildebrand
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Many dislike Tebow because of the circus atmosphere around him but are ok with the circus that is Peyton Manning. Interesting.

Don't you think if Tebow were the guy this year, the circus bit would be basically gone? :confused:

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I agree with you about Orton. He didn't do much to ingratiate himself to Denver but I also think a lot had to do with how he got to Denver in the first place. I think for many it was much about dislike for McDaniels. I think there are many like myself that saw Denver downgrading the quarterback position by bringing him in.

If Denver is winning there wont be controversy. If Denver starts off 1-4 there will be crap load of controversy.

I am convinced had Denver started this season 4-1, or even 3-2 there wouldn't have been any noise 2-3 there would have been rumbles, but at 1-4 there isn't anyone here who didn't see another 4-12 season on its way and freak out a little bit

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Many dislike Tebow because of the circus atmosphere around him but are ok with the circus that is Peyton Manning. Interesting.

Don't you think if Tebow were the guy this year, the circus bit would be basically gone? :confused:

I think the media circus will be gone if Peyton comes to town, what are they going to cover. The story was the underdog starting in the NFL, noone cares about a sub-par QB sitting on the bench...that is where sub-par QB's belong

jhildebrand
03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
noone cares about a sub-par QB sitting on the bench...that is where sub-par QB's belong

Glad we see Orton the same ;) He belonged on the bench from week 1. His record was clear he was subpar.

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Glad we see Orton the same ;) He belonged on the bench from week 1. His record was clear he was subpar.

you guys have a lot more hurt tied to Orton than I do, so I'm not going there.Having said that, even the most ardent supporters(myself included) can see Tebow needs to improve the whole argument now is whether people think it will happen, however a guy like Manning never becomes available, you gotta take it if you can get it. I was really just trying to clear up why I don't think the media will be sniffing around other than trying to get snippets to fabricate drama. No media, no circus.

topscribe
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I think the media circus will be gone if Peyton comes to town, what are they going to cover. The story was the underdog starting in the NFL, noone cares about a sub-par QB sitting on the bench...that is where sub-par QB's belong

Sub-par QBs belong somewhere else besides with the Broncos. (This is a generic statement and not a shot at Tebow: I consider Tebow anything but "sup-par" from a competitive standpoint.) Elway said he wants people who will compete for the position. He has made it obvious he doesn't want a designated backup, that he wants competition at the position, along with every other position, and I agree with him.

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Sub-par QBs belong somewhere else besides with the Broncos. (This is a generic statement and not a shot at Tebow: I consider Tebow anything but "sup-par" from a competitive standpoint.) Elway said he wants people who will compete for the position. He has made it obvious he doesn't want a designated backup, that he wants competition at the position, along with every other position, and I agree with him.

I would be careful with that though, most if not all QB's are sub-par when they come into the league, expecting/accepting nothing less than exellence from a QB is what leads to a QB carousel, which leads to terminal mediocrity. It is one of the dangers of having witnessed one of the GOAT's play in your home town, you expect greatness right away. Accepting sub par play is not the answer, but giving up on young players for a year or two of sub-par play is also dangerous. It all depends on what you are measuring. As far as a finished product I would rate Tebow sub-par(I know you didn't point him out I am just saying) a far as for a 2nd year player the line gets fuzzier IMO

edit: I should be clear to my definition of sub-par, I meant not top 20 starting QB's. Backups are all pretty much sub-par by definition so ther will by definition be at least 1 sub-par QB on the Broncos, the question is if he (whomever it may be) topped out at sub-par or can improve to take over when the starter goes

Nomad
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Tebow is pissed and has demanded a trade

wayninja
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM

The distance between what Elway says he wants and what actually happen seems to grow larger every day.

He also wants Timmy to be here a long, long time. And he wants Manning. And he wants wins, not stats. And he want Tebow to be the starter going into next season. And he wants to bring in competition for the spot.

Bottom line, Elway wants a lot of stuff and **** knows if any of that desire will translate into any kind of action.

turftoad
03-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Underdog Cat?? The guy was drafted in the first round. First rounders shouldn't be the underdog.

red98
03-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Tebow is pissed and has demanded a trade

I'm enjoying these updates of your Nomad. Keep them coming! :laugh::lol::laugh:

Nomad
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm enjoying these updates of your Nomad. Keep them coming! :laugh::lol::laugh:

Working 4 10s has it's advantages....on my day off I get together with my sources.:D

wayninja
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Underdog Cat?? The guy was drafted in the first round. First rounders shouldn't be the underdog.

Oh, come off it. He's the quintessential underdog regardless of where he was drafted. Brady didn't get as much criticism/skepticism as Tebow despite his low draft placement.

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:52 PM

I didn't write the story, ESPN did. This whole last year has been painted as the underdog succeeding in the face of all the skeptic's. It is ridiculously transparent how they slanted the coverage of it. Had Tebow come out and gone 3-8 there would be no story, young QB fluky mechanincs loses more than he wins, makes sense no story. However when he started winning it quickly became the underdog story and America loves an underdog

turftoad
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh, come off it. He's the quintessential underdog regardless of where he was drafted. Brady didn't get as much criticism/skepticism as Tebow despite his low draft placement.

Thats crap. When you draft someone in the first round you had better consider them a starter. Underdog my arse.

Dzone
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Brandon Stokely played catch with Manning on saturday in Denver and said Manning threw perfectly and with velocity

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Thats crap. When you draft someone in the first round you had better consider them a starter. Underdog my arse.

you can debate whether or not he should have been taken in the first round, I think Denver gave up too much, but that is a seperate issue from the underdog story. Him being taken in the first round is all part of the stroy...."nobody believed in him except for 1 guy" you can almost hear the sappy soundtrack behind it

TXBRONC
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I am convinced had Denver started this season 4-1, or even 3-2 there wouldn't have been any noise 2-3 there would have been rumbles, but at 1-4 there isn't anyone here who didn't see another 4-12 season on its way and freak out a little bit

Agreed if Denver had been winning no one would have complained. I wouldn't have changed my views about Orton even with a good start because I just didn't see him as any kind of long term solution.

catfish
03-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Agreed if Denver had been winning no one would have complained. I wouldn't have changed my views about Orton even with a good start because I just didn't see him as any kind of long term solution.

I can agree with that, and no doubt people would be looking forward to what the future would hold at the position. WOuld have been a dramaless transition once Tebow or whomever the FO drafted was ready to take over.....water under the bridge now. My only fear now is that people are expecting too much out of next year

underrated29
03-12-2012, 03:03 PM
tebow was drafted in the first round based on potential and collegiate performance..However, he is imo the biggest project the NFL has ever seen. He is the ONE piece of shit that if you polish enough will not still be shit but actually be polished into a gold bar.

Because of this he is an underdog because he is so raw and unpolished. Can you name any recent first or second round QB, who has come out that is not a better passer and polished QB than he? This, then imo makes him an underdog from the expectations to the super high ceiling he posses. While, I wouldnt totally put "underdog" as the label on tebow- as I see it slightly differently, it makes sense.

wayninja
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Just like Aaron Rogers, right?

catfish
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
tebow was drafted in the first round based on potential and collegiate performance..However, he is imo the biggest project the NFL has ever seen. He is the ONE piece of shit that if you polish enough will not still be shit but actually be polished into a gold bar.

Because of this he is an underdog because he is so raw and unpolished. Can you name any recent first or second round QB, who has come out that is not a better passer and polished QB than he? This, then imo makes him an underdog from the expectations to the super high ceiling he posses. While, I wouldnt totally put "underdog" as the label on tebow- as I see it slightly differently, it makes sense.

The whole last season could be a Hallmark original with just a change of the ending....on cable you guys win the superbowl;)

turftoad
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Just like Aaron Rogers, right?

Jeeez, I thought Rogers is starting. Must have overlooked something.

wayninja
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Jeeez, I thought Rogers is starting. Must have overlooked something.

You sure did. It's called 2005 to 2007. They say 'hi'.

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 04:49 PM
"Greatest college football player of all time."

I'm never going to say Tebow is an "underdog."

wayninja
03-12-2012, 04:52 PM
"Greatest college football player of all time."

I'm never going to say Tebow is an "underdog."

un·der·dog (ndr-dôg, -dg)
n.
1. One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.
2. One that is at a disadvantage.

By this, MO, you call him an underdog almost every time you talk about him...

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
un·der·dog (ndr-dôg, -dg)
n.
1. One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.
2. One that is at a disadvantage.

By this, MO, you call him an underdog almost every time you talk about him...

Good point. He was the worst thrower in the league last year.

wayninja
03-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Good point. He was the worst thrower in the league last year.

But somehow that makes him the favorite to succeed. Glad we cleared that up.

MOtorboat
03-12-2012, 05:16 PM

I'm agreeing with you. I have changed my opinion. Tebow is the greatest underdog story evah!

wayninja
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm agreeing with you. I have changed my opinion. Tebow is the greatest underdog story evah!

We weren't arguing how great the story was, just whether or not he's an underdog. I'm glad you see the error of your ways. Now say 10 hail Tims as penance.

Joel
03-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I just don't get why signing Manning=trading Tebow. Manning missed all of last season with a spinal injury that required (IIRC) two surgeries, and turns 36 in <2 weeks. Even if he comes back 100% he is no ones long term answer at QB; guy's got two MAYBE three years left, tops, and his last year or two won't be great ones. Let's say Manning comes to Denver, wins a couple Super Bowls and goes out in a blaze of glory, while Tebow goes wherever. Then what? Where does signing a expensive beat up 36 year old HoF QB fit into EFXs long term rebuilding plans if it means dumping the only other starting QB on the roster?

Part of Mannings appeal is to mentor Tebow (though they are about as different as two guys playing the same position can be: If Manning had anything like Tebows mobility he would probably have played all last year and still be in Indy; if Tebow had Mannings accuracy and field vision we wouldn't be having this discussion.) Take Tebow out of the equation and we would be putting all our eggs in one very threadbare basket.

HammeredOut
03-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Those were not 3 completions over 50 yards, that was a YAC (Yards After the Catch). I give credit to the reciever for making the most of the 1, or 2 helicopter passes, with the ball coming in like a sideways punt. You just witnessed hungry... And Hungry for some game time.... These recievers made the most of it when the ball came there way. I don't give Tim any credit for being a great passer, even in that one game. D.Thomas picked up 204 yards with only 4 catches. It was all D.Thomas that game, not Tim Tebow, or to get technical, it was all YAC by the recievers, Tebow never had to dump off the ball more then a few yards down field and let the recievers do all the work...

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
tim wasnt a great passer.

he was a great competitor though. dude won a playoff game.

manning better win a playoff game this year for denver or were all throwing eggs in the organizations face

DenBronx
03-13-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm with Joel here.

I don't see why signing Manning = Trading Tebow

Isn't having Tebow learn from Manning what would make the signing that much sweeter?

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2012, 12:31 AM
what can tebow really learn from manning? not only are they 2 conpletely separate qbs, but no other qb can do what manning does.

how did learning from manning work for jim sorgi or curtis painter?

manning cant teach qbs how to orchestrate an entire offense to manipulate the defense.

Joel
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Those were not 3 completions over 50 yards, that was a YAC (Yards After the Catch). I give credit to the reciever for making the most of the 1, or 2 helicopter passes, with the ball coming in like a sideways punt. You just witnessed hungry... And Hungry for some game time.... These recievers made the most of it when the ball came there way. I don't give Tim any credit for being a great passer, even in that one game. D.Thomas picked up 204 yards with only 4 catches. It was all D.Thomas that game, not Tim Tebow, or to get technical, it was all YAC by the recievers, Tebow never had to dump off the ball more then a few yards down field and let the recievers do all the work...
Yeah, the first big pass to Thomas where he got <5 yards after the catch was all YAC, no Tebow. So was the pass over Ike Taylor IN THE ENDZONE. The 40 yarder to Fells where he got <10 YAC, was all YAC.

Dude's far from perfect; he had some awful games last season. He's also far from hopeless; he had some pretty good games, too. IF we get Manning I'd still like more backing him up than Weber.

wayninja
03-13-2012, 12:40 AM

It's the same copy/paste crap with you every time. You can give credit wherever you like, the sad reality you choose not to accept is that the NFL makes no distinction on it's QB stat sheets between a pass 1 yard in the air that the runner takes for 80 more yards and a TD and one that travels 50 yards in the air for the same result. EVERY QB is treated this way, so if you want to play this game, you are going to have to go back and re-calculate all other QB's using this silly, biased lens to truly compare. But being silly is what you intend anyway.

Sideways punts, it wasn't funny the first 30 times you said that, and it's still not funny. It's a lame attempt to twist something somewhat normal into a freakish circus stemming from your deranged mind.

You would find a way to deny credit to Tebow if he won a superbowl, so what's the point trying to convince you of anything?

Canmore
03-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah, the first big pass to Thomas where he got <5 yards after the catch was all YAC, no Tebow. So was the pass over Ike Taylor IN THE ENDZONE. The 40 yarder to Fells where he got <10 YAC, was all YAC.

Dude's far from perfect; he had some awful games last season. He's also far from hopeless; he had some pretty good games, too. IF we get Manning I'd still like more backing him up than Weber.

HO is a serious piece of work.

RebelRocker
03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm with Joel here.

I don't see why signing Manning = Trading Tebow

Isn't having Tebow learn from Manning what would make the signing that much sweeter?

Because if Manning's the starter and Tebow's on the bench, there will ALWAYS be the constant distraction. EVERY TIME Manning throws an incompletion, interception, take a sack, etc, they will scream for Tebow.

From a logistical standpoint, it does make sense to keep him. Young QB can groom and learn behind the vet for a few years before he takes over. The only problem is, somebody with Tebow's profile and notoriety isn't going to be on a bench. His "people" won't accept that. Tim Tebow's not a problem, his PEOPLE are.

Canmore
03-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Because if Manning's the starter and Tebow's on the bench, there will ALWAYS be the constant distraction. EVERY TIME Manning throws an incompletion, interception, take a sack, etc, they will scream for Tebow.

I seriously doubt the Tebowners will distract Manning, lol.

underrated29
03-13-2012, 01:09 AM

From a logistical standpoint, it does make sense to keep him. Young QB can groom and learn behind the vet for a few years before he takes over. The only problem is, somebody with Tebow's profile and notoriety isn't going to be on a bench. His "people" won't accept that. Tim Tebow's not a problem, his PEOPLE are.

No they won't.

Not saying its you but this is such a stupid argument. Its like saying everytime mcgahee fumbles people will be clamoring for knowshon.

It ain't going to happen. Its just dumb to think so. There is no comparison at all. Its rampant stupid speculation that no one thought out and just fed off the propaganda that the media fed them because they don't want to think for themselves only to be told what to think.

chazoe60
03-13-2012, 01:32 AM

I'm now convinced that you didn't even watch the game.

Please put at least a tiny bit of thought and truthfulness in your posts next time. What you're doing now is, for lack of a better term, rubbish.

RebelRocker
03-13-2012, 01:43 AM
No they won't.

Not saying its you but this is such a stupid argument. Its like saying everytime mcgahee fumbles people will be clamoring for knowshon.

It ain't going to happen. Its just dumb to think so. There is no comparison at all. Its rampant stupid speculation that no one thought out and just fed off the propaganda that the media fed them because they don't want to think for themselves only to be told what to think.

You're right..... Because Tebow's gonna be traded if we get Manning. Not asking for it, just have a feeling it's going to go down.

SOCALORADO.
03-13-2012, 08:25 AM
I now think they will trade TT when they get Manning.
I originally thought that they might be able to co-exist, but its looking like this is a perfect situation for Elway to rid himself of this issue. Its just too good to pass up for him.
If this thing happens, i see TT in JAX by next weekend.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
You're right..... Because Tebow's gonna be traded if we get Manning. Not asking for it, just have a feeling it's going to go down.

I think there is a good chance could happen but not necessarily. From what I read a day or two ago financially it's affordable. I don't think the locker room would be a problem. The only problem that I could see right now is the pissing and moaning by the fringe Tebowites and there would be intense media coverage at least intially but probably die down if Manning were playing and Denver is winning games.

catfish
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
I think there is a good chance could happen but not necessarily. From what I read a day or two ago financially it's affordable. I don't think the locker room would be a problem. The only problem that I could see right now is the pissing and moaning by the fringe Tebowites and there would be intense media coverage at least intially but probably die down if Manning were playing and Denver is winning games.

100% agree, after three games tops the media loses interest. The only way it is a story is if they start 1-2

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:24 AM
100% agree, after three games tops the media loses interest. The only way it is a story is if they start 1-2

Assuming Manning was signed if Denver were to hit a snag anywhere along the way the media intensity would heat up again.

HammeredOut
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I now think they will trade TT when they get Manning.
I originally thought that they might be able to co-exist, but its looking like this is a perfect situation for Elway to rid himself of this issue. Its just too good to pass up for him.
If this thing happens, i see TT in JAX by next weekend.

Well the Broncos are in the perfect situation to sign Manning. We have 40 million in cap space . AZ is about 17 million over the cap limit. They really have to cut a ton of players or the core of the team. This option is not attractive for Manning. Miami is 100% no.. Houston may be able to offer up some money, but they would need to cut Schubb or trade him.

The Broncos have enough money to sign Payton Manning, Mario Williams, Reggie Wayne, and Cortland Finnegan

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Well the Broncos are in the perfect situation to sign Manning. We have 40 million in cap space . AZ is about 17 million over the cap limit. They really have to cut a ton of players or the core of the team. This option is not attractive for Manning. Miami is 100% no.. Houston may be able to offer up some money, but they would need to cut Schubb or trade him.

The Broncos have enough money to sign Payton Manning, Mario Williams, Reggie Wayne, and Cortland Finnegan

Maybe so I doubt they will. Wayne is the safest bet, Williams no, Finnegan maybe.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
If Tebow is traded, I will live, but I will lose respect for EFX. They talked about building through the draft and going after Manning is against that theory. I know this is a cant miss opportunity. But at 36 if Manning is knocked we are back to square one. Tebow just finished his SECOND season. He is still a young player you cant just ditch without seeing if he can improve.

catfish
03-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Assuming Manning was signed if Denver were to hit a snag anywhere along the way the media intensity would heat up again.

I will make a rare prediction. The Peyton Manning story line will be the most compelling story next year, if he struggles the media will be all over it Tebow or not

HammeredOut
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
It's the same copy/paste crap with you every time. You can give credit wherever you like, the sad reality you choose not to accept is that the NFL makes no distinction on it's QB stat sheets between a pass 1 yard in the air that the runner takes for 80 more yards and a TD and one that travels 50 yards in the air for the same result. EVERY QB is treated this way, so if you want to play this game, you are going to have to go back and re-calculate all other QB's using this silly, biased lens to truly compare. But being silly is what you intend anyway.

Sideways punts, it wasn't funny the first 30 times you said that, and it's still not funny. It's a lame attempt to twist something somewhat normal into a freakish circus stemming from your deranged mind.

You would find a way to deny credit to Tebow if he won a superbowl, so what's the point trying to convince you of anything?

Im just sick of Tebowners lobbying that he is some sort of good passer based on 1 playoff game when clearly it was all YAC from single coverage.. Just look at what Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Manning do to single coverage in "PASS DEFENSES", and not 9 in the box. Then, because our recievers don't have any catchable balls thrown there way, fans assume we have bad recievers, or blame the recievers for helicopter passes thrown at them..

Look at the Patriots game after the Steelers... Tebow couldn't convert a 3rd down in the first half or complete 3 passes, and Brady scores 5 Touchdowns on our team. Then our defense gets the blame because Tebow could not sustain a drive past 2nd down.

Infact look at our losses in the 1-4 record at the end of the season, along with the 3rd down conversion percentage, then compare it to our wins.. Not much difference between the stats. The only stat you will find, is how good our defense was to keep the Broncos in the game.. This is the truth about our offense. The TebowCat offense has been figured out. Our recievers along with the YAC they have to pick up is the real story of Tebows passing this season.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Im just sick of Tebowners lobbying that he is some sort of good passer based on 1 playoff game when clearly it was all YAC from single coverage.. Just look at what Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Manning do to single coverage in "PASS DEFENSES", and not 9 in the box. Then, because our recievers don't have any catchable balls thrown there way, fans assume we have bad recievers, or blame the recievers for helicopter passes thrown at them..

Look at the Patriots game after the Steelers... Tebow couldn't convert a 3rd down in the first half or complete 3 passes, and Brady scores 5 Touchdowns on our team. Then our defense gets the blame because Tebow could not sustain a drive past 2nd down.

Infact look at our losses in the 1-4 record at the end of the season, along with the 3rd down conversion percentage, then compare it to our wins.. Not much difference between the stats. The only stat you will find, is how good our defense was to keep the Broncos in the game.. This is the truth about our offense. The TebowCat offense has been figured out. Our recievers along with the YAC they have to pick up is the real story of Tebows passing this season.

HO just because you compare him to Vets and future HOF QBs, means squat. You hated him before he even took a snap. You been bashing him before he even took a step on the field. You have no credibility, you just hate him. Look at pats game 1, look at steelers, look at Minn, look at several of the 4ht quarters. He had some good times, he also had some bad, so what, he is one in his second season!!!

HammeredOut
03-13-2012, 11:50 AM
HO just because you compare him to Vets and future HOF QBs, means squat. You hated him before he even took a snap. You been bashing him before he even took a step on the field. You have no credibility, you just hate him. Look at pats game 1, look at steelers, look at Minn, look at several of the 4ht quarters. He had some good times, he also had some bad, so what, he is one in his second season!!!

Fans do it all the time, when they compare him to Elway. So it makes no difference.. Lets open up the book a little bit, and not be bias about it.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I will make a rare prediction. The Peyton Manning story line will be the most compelling story next year, if he struggles the media will be all over it Tebow or not

You're really going out on limb aren't you? :D

catfish
03-13-2012, 11:53 AM
You're really going out on limb aren't you? :D

don't bet unless you know the outcome;) just saying people seem to think the media circus will go with Tebow, like it or not the media circus is all about Manning next year

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Fans do it all the time, when they compare him to Elway. So it makes no difference.. Lets open up the book a little bit, and not be bias about it.

Go ahead open it up. The only comparisons I have seen to Elway, were as young QBs. Tebow has been compared to many young QBs. Its pointless to compare him to Elway, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Manning. These are the best in the game and what every team wants to fine. All young QBs have bumps in the road and look like crap at some point. But to not let them even have a chance is ridiculous. Now that he has played a who season worth is worth debating over. But then there are 3 sides, 1 side thinks he could improve, one thinks he hit his ceiling and the other just want him out of Denver.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
don't bet unless you know the outcome;) just saying people seem to think the media circus will go with Tebow, like it or not the media circus is all about Manning next year

If Manning does great, who ever gets him looks awesome. If Manning does bad, the team will look like idiots.

catfish
03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
If Manning does great, who ever gets him looks awesome. If Manning does bad, the team will look like idiots.

yup, it will be the storyline of the year...does he still have it, is he past his prime? was he worth it?

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:05 PM
yup, it will be the storyline of the year...does he still have it, is he past his prime? was he worth it?

Those are my questions along with how much will this cost us? Entire cap space? Will we make a push for getting older vets who have a couple years left to make a SB push? Aka trade picks for old vets kinda thing. If they are serious to do a SB push how are they willing to go to try secure that chance?

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM

True whether Tebow here or not the media will be following Manning. I know some of my friends think that but that not true. Tebow being in Denver will intensify the media at least intially and will die down Denver is winning but not go away. If Denver were to make the playoffs it would probably heat up again.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I dont think any team that hires Manning is going to look like idiots if things don't work out. He's a great QB. Any team would be foolish not to give him a go if they need a QB.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I dont think any team that hires Manning is going to look like idiots if things don't work out. He's a great QB. Any team would be foolish not to give him a go if they need a QB.

a team signs him to 40 mill guaranteed contract and he never plays a down? Due to being older and taking big hits. It can happen.

vandammage13
03-13-2012, 12:20 PM

I agree that no one is going to fault any team for giving Manning a shot...Where they can look dumb is if they put all their eggs in the basket that is Manning's neck without a viable backup plan...

Look at what happened to the Colts organization...Everyone lost their job from Polian to the waterboy after Manning went down.

If Manning goes down and whoever replaces him doesn't match last year's win total, people will question whether giving up on a young QB in Tebow was the right move...

Peyton Manning the QB is not a risk...Peyton Manning's neck is a very questionable risk to bank your future on.

You are going out on a limb by handing your franchise over to a 36 year old QB who has had 4 neck surgeries and didn't even play in 2011...There is no guarantee that you are getting the 2010 Peyton Manning, so there will be those that will question why they gave up on a formula that got us to the divisional round in Year 1 if Manning doesn't pan out.

vandammage13
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Those are my questions along with how much will this cost us? Entire cap space? Will we make a push for getting older vets who have a couple years left to make a SB push? Aka trade picks for old vets kinda thing. If they are serious to do a SB push how are they willing to go to try secure that chance?

And if you do choose to go the Vet route and chase a SB now rather than building one, what happens if you fall short?..You probably have a window of 3 years MAX with Manning at QB, so when he's gone what do you have left?...You are year 4 into the EFX regime with nothing to show for it and left with a rebuilding project.

Even if we do get a SB out of the run was it worth it?...I think it is worth it if you get a SB out of it, but that is the best case scenario, and even with the best case scenario you are still left rebuilding at the end.

Cugel
03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
According to Vic Lombardi (http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi) as of Sunday night "Just heard from my peoples. Broncos now 95% confident he'll sign with Denver. Their number, not mine."

However, on Monday, Titan's Bud Adams entered the fray determined "to do whatever it takes" to land Manning. According to Lombardi:

@VicLombardi are your sources still sure Denver is where Manning will end up?
Vic Lombardi Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

@1RickLewis Still confident Rick. But nobody expected 89-year old Bud Adams to offer his first born.

As for that 95% confidence the Broncos executives felt?

"That was 39 hours ago. Titans involvement has changed things. Broncos still have inside track."

It looks like Miami and the Cardinals are out of the picture and it comes down to Denver versus the Tennessee Titans. And the decision won't be announced by Manning until later this week, probably Friday would be my guess.

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi I honestly believe he's just doing his due diligence. He's a detail guy. Why hurry?

According to Lombardi that favors Denver over Miami and AZ:

Vic Lombardi ‏ @Anything and everything is possible. But the Broncos don't have same deadlines Dolphins and Cardinals do.

Dolphins absolutely must get going signing a veteran QB to lead the team next season if Manning declines to sign with them. And that means moving QUICKLY as soon as FA begins to make a decision as to which veteran QB FA you'd like to sign.

Denver doesn't have that problem as they have Tebow under contract and can just go with him if Manning decides to go to Tennessee or Miami.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
I think Manning has his mind set. He just wants to do the FA thing, tour facilities, talk to FOs. Get treated like the best but he knew where he wanted to go as long as he was given an offer. Whether that is Den, Az, Tenn, or Miami. He can play anywhere he wants and will get the money he wants.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree that no one is going to fault any team for giving Manning a shot...Where they can look dumb is if they put all their eggs in the basket that is Manning's neck without a viable backup plan...

Look at what happened to the Colts organization...Everyone lost their job from Polian to the waterboy after Manning went down.

If Manning goes down and whoever replaces him doesn't match last year's win total, people will question whether giving up on a young QB in Tebow was the right move...

Peyton Manning the QB is not a risk...Peyton Manning's neck is a very questionable risk to bank your future on.

You are going out on a limb by handing your franchise over to a 36 year old QB who has had 4 neck surgeries and didn't even play in 2011...There is no guarantee that you are getting the 2010 Peyton Manning, so there will be those that will question why they gave up on a formula that got us to the divisional round in Year 1 if Manning doesn't pan out.

I don't think very many would blame the Broncos for taking a chance on manning, when they till have Tebow. Tebow obviously has a LOT to learn, and Manning can show him many things. I think his "if he doesn't match" thing is being WAY overblown by some, but I guess those are namely the ones that don't want to see Tebow replaced.

If Manning doesn't play a down, I don't think a team looks like idiots... and NO team is going to guarantee Manning 40 million without there being stipulations about playing. No way he gets 40 million guaranteed and not play a down. So again, no team is going to look like idiots for taking a chance on Manning. Some fans may say "wow, I can't believe they did that"....but the general consensus would be... "why WOULDN'T you take that chance?"

TimHippo
03-13-2012, 12:35 PM
According to Vic Lombardi (http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi)
Denver doesn't have that problem as they have Tebow under contract and can just go with him if Manning decides to go to Tennessee or Miami.

Tebow's done with this organization so that doesn't make much sense. I think Denver is in the same situation that Miami is in. Their best option is to go for Flynn if Manning isn't coming here so they need to know Manning's status ASAP.

wayninja
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Tebow's done with this organization so that doesn't make much sense.

Source?

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
And if you do choose to go the Vet route and chase a SB now rather than building one, what happens if you fall short?..You probably have a window of 3 years MAX with Manning at QB, so when he's gone what do you have left?...You are year 4 into the EFX regime with nothing to show for it and left with a rebuilding project.

Even if we do get a SB out of the run was it worth it?...I think it is worth it if you get a SB out of it, but that is the best case scenario, and even with the best case scenario you are still left rebuilding at the end.

Most teams make a run at the Super Bowl NOW.. because of FA, and the new rules for length of contract with rookies, you can't make a LONG term look. Plus, you build WITH Manning in play. How is it that building with Manning is different than building with Tebow? The difference is, you can actually get some success while building with a QB like Manning. Not to mention, he helps your team from the get go. He makes the OL and the WRs better. He will help the defense because we'll be able to hold onto the ball longer. We wont' go with only 3 3rd down conversions and 10 punts. We'll complete more than 10 passes a game.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Tebow's done with this organization so that doesn't make much sense. I think Denver is in the same situation that Miami is in. Their best option is to go for Flynn if Manning isn't coming here so they need to know Manning's status ASAP.

Tim is under contract. He's not going anywhere unless he's traded. If we don't sign Manning, he's the starting QB. If we do sign Manning, he'll learn from Manning.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
wow I high fived Ravage......there is a first for everything

vandammage13
03-13-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think very many would blame the Broncos for taking a chance on manning, when they till have Tebow. Tebow obviously has a LOT to learn, and Manning can show him many things. I think his "if he doesn't match" thing is being WAY overblown by some, but I guess those are namely the ones that don't want to see Tebow replaced.

If Manning doesn't take the team further than Tebow did then what is the point of getting him? There is no long term building of a perrineal contender if you get a guy like Manning, so if there is not at least a SB appearance, then fair or not, it will be viewed as a failure.

You don't get a guy like Manning to match what you did last year, you get a guy like Manning to win it all.

Manning will at least need to do something similar to what Kurt Warner did in AZ for his time here to be viewed as a success.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:40 PM
I think Manning has his mind set. He just wants to do the FA thing, tour facilities, talk to FOs. Get treated like the best but he knew where he wanted to go as long as he was given an offer. Whether that is Den, Az, Tenn, or Miami. He can play anywhere he wants and will get the money he wants.

I woudln't disagree with this. I think he has a pretty good idea what he wants to do, but he doesn't want to miss a chance by not taking a look. He's very methodical in all his thinking, preparation, and play. Thats who he is. So going and looking at everything before making a decision, just makes sense for Manning.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:44 PM
If Manning doesn't take the team further than Tebow did then what is the point of getting him? There is no long term building of a perrineal contender if you get a guy like Manning, so if there is not at least a SB appearance, then fair or not, it will be viewed as a failure.

You don't get a guy like Manning to match what you did last year, you get a guy like Manning to win it all.

Manning will at least need to do something similar to what Kurt Warner did in AZ for his time here to be viewed as a success.

in his time here, or next year? Of course you get manning to make a run for it. But this "he better match what we did last year or its a failure" thing is.. imo.... ridiculous. Every season is different. I KNOW the chances of our success is MUCH greater with Manning behind center than with Tebow. Therefore, signing Manning gives the broncos the better chance to win it all. Will I think we would have been "better off with Tebow" if we don't succeed with Manning??? Hell no. Why would I think that? Manning is heads above what we have now.

vandammage13
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
in his time here, or next year? Of course you get manning to make a run for it. But this "he better match what we did last year or its a failure" thing is.. imo.... ridiculous. Every season is different. I KNOW the chances of our success is MUCH greater with Manning behind center than with Tebow. Therefore, signing Manning gives the broncos the better chance to win it all. Will I think we would have been "better off with Tebow" if we don't succeed with Manning??? Hell no. Why would I think that? Manning is heads above what we have now.

Perhaps....But that is banking on Manning being Manning of 2010 as opposed to Manning of 2011...Manning of 2010 we are better off for sure, but I'm not sold that that is what we're getting.

Cugel
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM

The problem is that there are TWO sure fire franchise QBs in this draft. . . . and both of them will be gone with the #1 and #2 picks! And there's no hope in hell that Denver can land either pick.

So, there's really no QB Denver can draft who is anything but a project. And that means they stick with Tebow this season, draft a QB to develop if they can, and see where they are next season.

Personally, if some of Tebow's fans weren't so utterly obnoxious I'd be rooting for him to stick around regardless. But after a season of unreasoning worship I'm worn out (not all his fans, by any means, but a substantial minority of Tebow idolators who are just aggravating).

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Perhaps....But that is banking on Manning being Manning of 2010 as opposed to Manning of 2011...Manning of 2010 we are better off for sure, but I'm not sold that that is what we're getting.

Of course. No one does. But its worth the risk. We are NOT a SB contender with Tebow at QB right now. Any team with Manning, is a SB contender. He's obviously not the QB he was 5 years ago. Every QB diminishes over time, and Manning has as well. But he's SOOO much better than Tebow, that the risk is WELL worth it. It makes you a true contender, and SOOOOO much easier to build around.

If we fail with Manning behind center, so be it. But I woudlnt' think for a minute that if we had #15 behind center we would have had more success.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Of course. No one does. But its worth the risk. We are NOT a SB contender with Tebow at QB right now. Any team with Manning, is a SB contender. He's obviously not the QB he was 5 years ago. Every QB diminishes over time, and Manning has as well. But he's SOOO much better than Tebow, that the risk is WELL worth it. It makes you a true contender, and SOOOOO much easier to build around.

If we fail with Manning behind center, so be it. But I woudlnt' think for a minute that if we had #15 behind center we would have had more success.

And we are not a SB winning team with our whole team right now either. Manning will make us a contender, but we will not win a SB. Our defense broke down several times. Our offense is young and made lots of mistakes. We are not at that caliber yet, with or without Manning. We will need to see who else we get that fills holes besides Manning.

Npba900
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
If Tebow is traded, I will live, but I will lose respect for EFX. They talked about building through the draft and going after Manning is against that theory. I know this is a cant miss opportunity. But at 36 if Manning is knocked we are back to square one. Tebow just finished his SECOND season. He is still a young player you cant just ditch without seeing if he can improve.

Here's the reality of which deep down EFX are well aware of.

While it's possible Tebow can become a good pocket passer with time, he's been in the league two years and his motion still needs improvement. It needed work when he was at Florida, and it still needs improvement now. Maybe he'll improve as a pocket passer, become better at reading defenses and his accuracy will also improve -- only time will tell. Unfortunately, for him, the window to show that improvement may close too soon.

The Patriots proved last January against our Broncos, the reason why teams don't run the simplistic, spread option offense......is because NFL defenses are too fast for that to work week in and week out. While Tebow has proved you can win games that way, it's hard to be successful on a consistent basis.

Tebow is big and strong, but there is a reason why NFL quarterbacks slide feet first when running in the open field. Tebow often acts like a running back in the open field, which is exciting for fans but leads to many hard hits. While he's young and bounces back from them now, that won't always be the case. It's a matter of time before he takes a hit and misses time.

The time frame from quarterback of the future to the waiver-wire isn't a long one and if Denver decides he's not going to lead them to the Super Bowl anytime soon, he'll end up like other first round picks -- David Carr, Tim Couch and even Brady Quinn -- that were traded or released. Often quarterbacks of Tebow's claiber and limited talents move to another team, but as a backup. Obviously, EFX believes Manning at QB has a much better chance of getting the Broncos to the SB vs waiting to see if Tebow can get the Broncos to the Super Bowl.

Cugel
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM

Obviously correct!

I guess that the "Tebow is sure to win a championship" crew won't agree, but so far he's shown intense desire but very mediocre skills. His passing has veered been between adequate and beyond horrible at times. His timing and decision making has been suspect.

Can he learn and grow into a championship caliber pocket passing QB? That's a debatable point.

And no. A running QB is not ever going to win the SB. When you get to the playoffs you tend to run into QBs like Rivers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Eli Manning, and of course Rogers. And your QB better measure up or you have little chance. So far, despite his heroics, Tebow flat doesn't. He might in the future or he might not.

If Manning is at 80% he's vastly superior to anything that Tebow will probably ever be. And that goes for most of the rest of the QBs in the league.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
And we are not a SB winning team with our whole team right now either. Manning will make us a contender, but we will not win a SB. Our defense broke down several times. Our offense is young and made lots of mistakes. We are not at that caliber yet, with or without Manning. We will need to see who else we get that fills holes besides Manning.

Of course. But at least we have a QB behind center that IMPROVES the play of the OL and the WRs. That alone makes a HUGE difference. Holes that looked like they needed to be filled, will suddenly appear to be filled. Not all the pressure will be on the defense to keep the other team from scoring... at ALL. Because we'll actually put up points.

So are we a SB team now? I don't know. I never know who is and who isn't. But with Manning behind center, that makes you a contender. Being a contender is a HUGE jump forward from where we are right now, and makes building to BE that Super Bowl team, that much easier.

catfish
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Obviously correct!

I guess that the "Tebow is sure to win a championship" crew won't agree, but so far he's shown intense desire but very mediocre skills. His passing has veered been between adequate and beyond horrible at times. His timing and decision making has been suspect.

Can he learn and grow into a championship caliber pocket passing QB? That's a debatable point.

And no. A running QB is not ever going to win the SB. When you get to the playoffs you tend to run into QBs like Rivers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Eli Manning, and of course Rogers. And your QB better measure up or you have little chance. So far, despite his heroics, Tebow flat doesn't. He might in the future or he might not.

If Manning is at 80% he's vastly superior to anything that Tebow will probably ever be. And that goes for most of the rest of the QBs in the league.

Personally now that I hear Peyton is willing to financially protect the team that takes him against injury I am all for it. I don't know about the 80% comment though. With any athlete at this level any siginfigant diminishing of ability is huge. 1-2% could be the difference between good and elite. 80% would IMO put Manning in the average category, which while it could be arguead is better than Tebow would not justify the expense.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 01:03 PM

As Nija asked Tebow is done in Denver based on what source? It would surprising if Tebow were traded no potential partner is going to offer anything of real value.

You've scratching my head as to how Denver is in the same boat as Miami. I would bet dollars to cold dog turds that Denver isn't interested in Matt Flynn. If they don't land Manning they'll just move on holes that need to be filled.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM

You can build through the draft, and STILL sign FA's. Mannings don't come around, and having THE most important position in all of professional sports filled with a player like Manning, makes you a contender. Doing this "wait and see thing" with young players just as easily could bite you into waiting yet another 5 years. But I don't see why signing Manning hurts Tebow,a nd I don't see how "waiting to see" if Tebow improves helps this team more.

To me, when I see the FO going after a QB like this, shows me that they are SERIOUS in making a run and improving. Just like when we drafted Cutler in the first round. It showed that the FO wasn't content in just "sitting and hoping" with what we had, but were driving and striving to improve. Same thing here.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Of course. But at least we have a QB behind center that IMPROVES the play of the OL and the WRs. That alone makes a HUGE difference. Holes that looked like they needed to be filled, will suddenly appear to be filled. Not all the pressure will be on the defense to keep the other team from scoring... at ALL. Because we'll actually put up points.

So are we a SB team now? I don't know. I never know who is and who isn't. But with Manning behind center, that makes you a contender. Being a contender is a HUGE jump forward from where we are right now, and makes building to BE that Super Bowl team, that much easier.

We will see if Manning play improves the OL. Because Tebow did break several tackles in the backfield, even when some blitzes were not blocked only to run of the field for a small gain. Manning wont be able to do that but he can get the ball out very fast to beat a blitz. We will see how the OL does. I have many doubts about our OL in pass protection at times.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 01:05 PM
As Nija asked Tebow is done in Denver based on what source? It would surprising if Tebow were traded no potential partner is going to offer anything of real value.

You've scratching my head as to how Denver is in the same boat as Miami. I would bet dollars to cold dog turds that Denver isn't interested in Matt Flynn. If they don't land Manning they'll just move on holes that need to be filled.

Peter King said this morning that he would be shocked if any team offered more than a 4th for Tebow at this time. I don't think we simply dump off Tebow for a 4th.

Ravage!!!
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
We will see if Manning play improves the OL. Because Tebow did break several tackles in the backfield, even when some blitzes were not blocked only to run of the field for a small gain. Manning wont be able to do that but he can get the ball out very fast to beat a blitz. We will see how the OL does. I have many doubts about our OL in pass protection at times.

Tebow can't read blitzes. Have you seen the QB percentages on guys like Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers against the blitz? Their numbers jump up HUGE...because they know how to read it, and get rid of it to the right guy. Tebow didnt' do that. Tebow hurt out OL in many way, imo. From holding onto the ball too long, to not stepping UP into the pocket, to not setting up at the right point.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 01:10 PM
You can build through the draft, and STILL sign FA's. Mannings don't come around, and having THE most important position in all of professional sports filled with a player like Manning, makes you a contender. Doing this "wait and see thing" with young players just as easily could bite you into waiting yet another 5 years. But I don't see why signing Manning hurts Tebow,a nd I don't see how "waiting to see" if Tebow improves helps this team more.

To me, when I see the FO going after a QB like this, shows me that they are SERIOUS in making a run and improving. Just like when we drafted Cutler in the first round. It showed that the FO wasn't content in just "sitting and hoping" with what we had, but were driving and striving to improve. Same thing here.

I have no problems with signing Manning. I would like Tebow to remain and ride the pine and learn from him. I think Tebow could have a high ceiling that will be seen in after TC if he has improved at all. But if EFX are going to go all out for a SB run with Manning. Like trading draft picks to sign vets with a couple years left in them and that sort of thing. Trading the future for now kind of thing. If they are serious about pushing for a SB they NEED to get a CB, S, OL, DT, WR, TE, ILB RIGHT now and that could be FA or trading draft picks for players. They need a pass catching TE for manning, need another WR for Manning, need better pass protection for Manning. Defense needs a starting ready to go now Cb, S, ILB and penetrating DT.

IMO those need to be addressed in order for me think we can win a SB. Making the playoffs could be a given with Manning, but to be able to beat Ravens, Steelers (again), Pats, and Houston we need an all around team. We are just very young right now.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Tebow can't read blitzes. Have you seen the QB percentages on guys like Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers against the blitz? Their numbers jump up HUGE...because they know how to read it, and get rid of it to the right guy. Tebow didnt' do that. Tebow hurt out OL in many way, imo. From holding onto the ball too long, to not stepping UP into the pocket, to not setting up at the right point.

I saw Tebow creamed many times but unblocked players. He barely got 2 steps back. IMO we did not have screens ready to beat the blitz either because our RB/TE were blocking instead of doing that. No doubt Tebow held onto the ball too long. That is a confidence thing IMO. He wants a WIDE OPEN WR to pass the ball and not push into NFL windows. part of reason for low INT rate.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM

Sure it's unknown but obviously EFX feels it is worth the risk. Like you said, if Manning is healthy and has something left in the tank he's still 10 times better than Tebow is right now.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Peter King said this morning that he would be shocked if any team offered more than a 4th for Tebow at this time. I don't think we simply dump off Tebow for a 4th.

That's a little hire than what I think teams would offer. I figured a 5th at best but probably lower.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Sure it's unknown but obviously EFX feels it is worth the risk. Like you said, if Manning is healthy and has something left in the tank he's still 10 times better than Tebow is right now.

I hope for a 1-2 year contract.

BroncoStud
03-13-2012, 01:19 PM

Neither can Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Mike Vick (half the time)... It's something you learn.

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 01:26 PM
I hope for a 1-2 year contract.

My guess is that it will be more like three years.

catfish
03-13-2012, 01:26 PM

Rumor mill is 3 year 65 mil

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 01:27 PM

can always extend

TXBRONC
03-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Rumor mill is 3 year 65 mil

Any rumors on the signing bonus because that's where the real money is?

topscribe
03-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Any rumors on the signing bonus because that's where the real money is?

Wild, uneducated guess off the top (no pun intended)? Say, $25 million?

Joel
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM
If Tebow is traded, I will live, but I will lose respect for EFX. They talked about building through the draft and going after Manning is against that theory. I know this is a cant miss opportunity. But at 36 if Manning is knocked we are back to square one. Tebow just finished his SECOND season. He is still a young player you cant just ditch without seeing if he can improve.This is very much my view. There's a reason we have all the cap space we need to sign Manning: Because we have very few stars under contract. Basically, Doom, Miller and (if he makes a full return from injury) Clady. Dumping all or most of that cap money on a 36 year old banged up HoFer is mortgaging the future as surely as trading away top draft picks is. We would be very much committed to winning with Manning plus whatever we already have the next couple years, then Manning would retire and we'd be back to square one.
Most teams make a run at the Super Bowl NOW.. because of FA, and the new rules for length of contract with rookies, you can't make a LONG term look. Plus, you build WITH Manning in play. How is it that building with Manning is different than building with Tebow? The difference is, you can actually get some success while building with a QB like Manning. Not to mention, he helps your team from the get go. He makes the OL and the WRs better. He will help the defense because we'll be able to hold onto the ball longer. We wont' go with only 3 3rd down conversions and 10 punts. We'll complete more than 10 passes a game.If we can't take a long term look why develop players at all, let alone look for the all important "franchise QB"? Manning is NOT that franchise QB; 5 years ago, sure, but not now. Add to that the fact he's ALWAYS had a stellar line and NEVER been mobile; ever consider whether they made HIM look better? That would not be the case in Denver, I promise you. Who knows, maybe a year with Manning at the helm would be a blessing in disguise; if we finish 7-9 it will be very hard to argue our awful QB is holding back our Pro Bowl WRs and line.We went from the second worst record in the league (4-12) to an 8-8 Division title and a playoff win; I don't see how "The difference is, you can actually get some success while building with a QB like Manning." Tebow wasn't solely resonsible for those wins, but he wasn't incidental to them either, and the suggestion every win was DESPITE him is ridiculous. So is the idea he peaked his second year.
Tebow can't read blitzes. Have you seen the QB percentages on guys like Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers against the blitz? Their numbers jump up HUGE...because they know how to read it, and get rid of it to the right guy. Tebow didnt' do that. Tebow hurt out OL in many way, imo. From holding onto the ball too long, to not stepping UP into the pocket, to not setting up at the right point.The announcers in the Pats playoff games several times quoted the statistic that 17% of Bradys third down plays are sacks. They made the Super Bowl because the Patriots make a conscious effort to avoid third down and long. Seems an effective strategy. ;) Something else to consider: Despite the rush to crown Manning the G.o.A.T. the fact remains he's won a total of one Super Bowl and two AFC Championships. If he could do it all by himself, why aren't those numbers higher?

RebelRocker
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM
This is very much my view. There's a reason we have all the cap space we need to sign Manning: Because we have very few stars under contract. Basically, Doom, Miller and (if he makes a full return from injury) Clady. Dumping all or most of that cap money on a 36 year old banged up HoFer is mortgaging the future as surely as trading away top draft picks is. We would be very much committed to winning with Manning plus whatever we already have the next couple years, then Manning would retire and we'd be back to square one.If we can't take a long term look why develop players at all, let alone look for the all important "franchise QB"? Manning is NOT that franchise QB; 5 years ago, sure, but not now. Add to that the fact he's ALWAYS had a stellar line and NEVER been mobile; ever consider whether they made HIM look better? That would not be the case in Denver, I promise you. Who knows, maybe a year with Manning at the helm would be a blessing in disguise; if we finish 7-9 it will be very hard to argue our awful QB is holding back our Pro Bowl WRs and line.We went from the second worst record in the league (4-12) to an 8-8 Division title and a playoff win; I don't see how "The difference is, you can actually get some success while building with a QB like Manning." Tebow wasn't solely resonsible for those wins, but he wasn't incidental to them either, and the suggestion every win was DESPITE him is ridiculous. So is the idea he peaked his second year.The announcers in the Pats playoff games several times quoted the statistic that 17% of Bradys third down plays are sacks. They made the Super Bowl because the Patriots make a conscious effort to avoid third down and long. Seems an effective strategy. ;) Something else to consider: Despite the rush to crown Manning the G.o.A.T. the fact remains he's won a total of one Super Bowl and two AFC Championships. If he could do it all by himself, why aren't those numbers higher?

That is why I think we still need to draft a QB this year or next year, in the event that we land Manning and Tebow gets shipped out. We can't be like Minnesota was a few years ago. They went all in on Favre and they crapped the bed. If Manning is done two years from now, we should have a young guy waiting in the wings ready to take over.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-13-2012, 07:24 PM

Didn't Shahid Khan say back in January that he'd trade a 2nd and 5th for Tebow? Just because Peter King has nothing invested in the NFL other than his sketchy reputation and he wouldn't give up more than a 4th round pick, don't make it so. I work with a least 3 Gator fans who are chomping at the bit to rush out and buy Jags season tickets if they trade for Tebow. Peter King has NO IDEA what Tebow would do for the Jaguars. The money alone from ticket sales and merchandise could save that franchise. I'm not joking. You'd have to live here to understand. Whatever folks from outside the Jacksonville and greater Florida region think they know about Tebowmania, take the Denver version of Tebowmania and multiply it by 100.

Tebow as a Jaguar, a Buc, or even a Dolphin (even if he doesn't start) = sellouts.

vandammage13
03-14-2012, 08:01 AM

Tebow CAN and DOES read blitzes...Maybe not quite as well as he needs to yet, but he is young and there aren't many 2nd year QB's that are masters at reading NFL defenses. He'll get there.

The long game-winning run against the Jets he read the blitz, knew exactly what they were doing...Yeah it wasn't a pass but it was the right play.

...And I guess you already forgot about the final play against the Steelers as well....

Besides, the fact that you are comparing his percentages to guys like Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers is a little ridiculous. Do you really expect a 2nd year player who took over in the middle of the year to match the best QB's in the league??

TXBRONC
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Guys seriously doubt Tebow will be traded.

HP maybe you're right but I just don't think anyone will make a decent offer in the event that Manning becomes a Bronco by the end of the week.

claymore
03-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Tebow CAN and DOES read blitzes...Maybe not quite as well as he needs to yet, but he is young and there aren't many 2nd year QB's that are masters at reading NFL defenses. He'll get there.

The long game-winning run against the Jets he read the blitz, knew exactly what they were doing...Yeah it wasn't a pass but it was the right play.

...And I guess you already forgot about the final play against the Steelers as well....

Besides, the fact that you are comparing his percentages to guys like Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers is a little ridiculous. Do you really expect a 2nd year player who took over in the middle of the year to match the best QB's in the league??

You would think with the best running game in the league, the QB would have a pretty high completion percentage. Comparing him to the top 5 is unrealistic, but expecting at the minimum 55% for a first year starter isnt unreasonable.

Lets not forget we had to change the Offense drastically because he couldnt run it. If he was forced to run the standard offense he would have most likely been pulled in favor of Quinn.

claymore
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Didn't Shahid Khan say back in January that he'd trade a 2nd and 5th for Tebow? Just because Peter King has nothing invested in the NFL other than his sketchy reputation and he wouldn't give up more than a 4th round pick, don't make it so. I work with a least 3 Gator fans who are chomping at the bit to rush out and buy Jags season tickets if they trade for Tebow. Peter King has NO IDEA what Tebow would do for the Jaguars. The money alone from ticket sales and merchandise could save that franchise. I'm not joking. You'd have to live here to understand. Whatever folks from outside the Jacksonville and greater Florida region think they know about Tebowmania, take the Denver version of Tebowmania and multiply it by 100.

Tebow as a Jaguar, a Buc, or even a Dolphin (even if he doesn't start) = sellouts.If Elway wants out of the Tebow thing, I cant see Khan giving up more than a 4th too. Its a buyers market on Tebow, I dont think anyone wants him as a QB, only as a ticket sales thing.

BigDaddyBronco
03-14-2012, 09:16 AM

Tebow as a Jaguar, a Buc, or even a Dolphin (even if he doesn't start) = sellouts.

Unless Khan wants the Jags to fail financially so he can have a good excuse to move the team to Los Angeles....

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Either way Tebow will be happy since he is supposedly dating Taylor Swift....anyone else hear this?

Paul Kuharsky ‏ @PaulKuharsky
Bud's plane in Taylor Swift's hangar. Makes sense as Swift, dating Tebow, would like Manning not to take Tebow's job w/ #Broncos. #Titans
Retweeted by Adam Schefter

underrated29
03-14-2012, 02:58 PM
We didnt change the offense because tebow couldnt run it. We changed it because Mccoy is a dilhole.

Tebow did fine in that offense against the chargers, fine in that offense the last three games the year before, fine in the offense in pre season.....We changed it because Mccoy grew his brain in his ass. Tebow will not be traded and I gurantee that is not a single team out there that would not LOVE to have him on their team.

How many times this year did we see teams pull out a QB for special packages? Steelers did it, Ravens did it, Didnt the cheifs do it too? I know I am forgetting some teams as well. They bring out these qbs on these special plays for runs and passes and stuff. Tebow is the ultimate person in that regard and the best red zone threat in the Entire NFL. People who keep speculating like this need to speculate in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one gets filled first.

claymore
03-14-2012, 03:07 PM
We didnt change the offense because tebow couldnt run it. We changed it because Mccoy is a dilhole.

Tebow did fine in that offense against the chargers, fine in that offense the last three games the year before, fine in the offense in pre season.....We changed it because Mccoy grew his brain in his ass. Tebow will not be traded and I gurantee that is not a single team out there that would not LOVE to have him on their team.

How many times this year did we see teams pull out a QB for special packages? Steelers did it, Ravens did it, Didnt the cheifs do it too? I know I am forgetting some teams as well. They bring out these qbs on these special plays for runs and passes and stuff. Tebow is the ultimate person in that regard and the best red zone threat in the Entire NFL. People who keep speculating like this need to speculate in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one gets filled first.

Fox acknoledged they changed the offense for Tebow after the detroit game. Special packages? I dont remember much of that. And... IF other teams wanted tebow, the rumormill would be thru the roof right now with speculation of manning possibly in Denver.

Nobody wants him.

Northman
03-14-2012, 03:07 PM

Your first line was hilarious but no, Fox stated that Tebow could not run their actual offense and therefore had to "alter" it for him.

FlyByU
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
We don't have an O-line that can block for Manning and he would be injured and out before game 3 in the regular season. Manning is a liability as a starter but would be a good backup to a good young QB.

Will Manning become a Bret Favre? Staying in the league longer then he should have.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Fox acknoledged they changed the offense for Tebow after the detroit game. Special packages? I dont remember much of that. And... IF other teams wanted tebow, the rumormill would be thru the roof right now with speculation of manning possibly in Denver.

Nobody wants him.

Your first line was hilarious but no, Fox stated that Tebow could not run their actual offense and therefore had to "alter" it for him.

No one wants him because he is not available. Its like saying no body wants aaron rodgers.

They did change the offense but it was not because tebow couldnt handle it. We have seen in the past he could. Not only did they change it but they changed it for the worse. And to be exact- fox said he would be screwed, but as fox said, it was taken out of context and any qb in that situation would be screwed. He also said he felt terrible for saying it.

It matters not though, because he is not going to be traded, and imo never was...All just speculation from people. Not one word anywhere from anyone inside the organiztion...Yet, we have tons of words from people inside the organization about where we are with manning and soliai and such.

Its all bs.

Northman
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Will Manning become a Bret Favre? Staying in the league longer then he should have.

Lmao, say what?

Dude, he is just a year removed but in 2010 he still passed for over 4700 yds, 33 TD's, 17 Ints, and had a QB rating of 91.9.

Favre in 2010 passed for a little over 2500 yds, 11 TD's and 19 Int's with a QB rating of 69.9.

Manning has hardly fallen that far talent wise.

FlyByU
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
We dont know yet how he will preform in game. If he gets tapped he maybe out for life with that neck messed up.

As I said "We don't have an O-line that can block for Manning"

Manning is even more immobile then Orton is...

Northman
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
We dont know yet how he will preform in game. If he gets tapped he maybe out for life with that neck messed up.

As I said "We don't have an O-line that can block for Manning"

Manning is even more immobile then Orton is...

Manning is a better QB than Orton is, a better decision maker, a better passer, etc. Its like night and day. Manning would be fine with our Oline because he doesnt hold onto the ball for hours on end.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Peter King is obviously giving an opinion, although an educated opinion. I don't know who you are talking about giving up a 2nd and 5th, but was there an offer or just simply making a comment to the press? Thats a HUGE difference. Can you see any team offering more than a 4th for a QB that proved he can't throw the ball? Tampa already has their QB, and Miami isn't going to go from one bad passer to another. The Jags might, but those "sellouts" only last for a few games unless you are winning. The "Tebow mania" that surrounded the "what if" is now gone. Now its simply going to come down to how well he can actually PLAY QB. No smart GM is going to hire a figure head that may not last on the field for more than a year. Sellouts for a season wouldn't justify a higher round pick as compensation.

I don't think Tebow's value went UP with his play last season, I think it definitely went down.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM

He even stated late in the year that if we tried to run a tradition offense, tim would be screwed.

Northman
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
They did change the offense but it was not because tebow couldnt handle it.

Dunno. Fox stated he could not run it. Not sure how else you explain that comment.

We have seen in the past he could. Not only did they change it but they changed it for the worse.

Hard to say they changed it for the worse considering its what got us a handful of wins.

And to be exact- fox said he would be screwed, but as fox said, it was taken out of context and any qb in that situation would be screwed. He also said he felt terrible for saying it.

Interesting. Do you have the link to that quote because i have not seen that anywhere or heard about that comment.

It matters not though, because he is not going to be traded, and imo never was...All just speculation from people. Not one word anywhere from anyone inside the organiztion...

I agree. I dont understand this meltdown/jump off the cliff mentality that members on this board are having. It would seem that some of Tebow's strongest supporters are already throwing in the towel and thinking of the worst possible senario. Doesnt make sense.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
He even stated late in the year that if we tried to run a tradition offense, tim would be screwed.

Please see my post on the page previous.

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Dunno. Fox stated he could not run it. Not sure how else you explain that comment.

Hard to say they changed it for the worse considering its what got us a handful of wins.

Interesting. Do you have the link to that quote because i have not seen that anywhere or heard about that comment.

I agree. I dont understand this meltdown/jump off the cliff mentality that members on this board are having. It would seem that some of Tebow's strongest supporters are already throwing in the towel and thinking of the worst possible senario. Doesnt make sense.

Fox said that was the first comment he made that felt terrible about and lost sleep over.

Northman
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Fox said that was the first comment he made that felt terrible about and lost sleep over.

Ok, link? Please? I have not seen or heard that quote anywhere and would like to read it. This is the first ive ever heard of this.

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/john-fox-regrets-saying-tim-tebow-would-be-screwed/99599

Fox quote about lost sleep and felt terrible, this was a quick google search, several results took the first.

slim
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Ok, link? Please? I have not seen or heard that quote anywhere and would like to read it. This is the first ive ever heard of this.

He did say that he regretted it. I don't have a link, but I remember Fox saying that.

Doesn’t change the fact that he said it (and probably meant it).

Northman
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/john-fox-regrets-saying-tim-tebow-would-be-screwed/99599

Fox quote about lost sleep and felt terrible, this was a quick google search, several results took the first.

Thank you.

underrated29
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
But you have to remember that he said in context any qb would be screwed in that situation. Any....

North- look who you are talking to buddy. I couldnt find the link for you if it was in growing on my face. But it was said, I think it was denver post article that had his clarifications.

As for the offense, well, hard to say, but it seems like whenever we went out of our stupid (option right, option left, pa go routes,) and ran an actual freaking offense. Tebow would be able to drive down and score. But then mccoy would get cute and go back to his same crap offense and same 5 plays. So imo it was worse than before. As before, the 3 end games and anytime we needed points, mccoy pulled his brain out of his ass and let tebow loose.

I still have yet to have anyone tell me 5 screens to the RB, and 5 to the WR, and 5 PA boots. But that is another subject, however, the proof is in all of tebows games before mccoy took over and shat the bed. Tebow can run it, but we moved from it anyway.