PDA

View Full Version : Source: If Manning picks Denver, Tebow is gone

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT

There’s a good reason for Tim Tebow to be rattled by the Broncos’ pursuit of Peyton Manning.

Per a source with knowledge of the dynamics in Denver, if the Broncos land Manning, Tebow most likely will be gone.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/source-if-manning-picks-denver-tebow-is-gone/

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Sounds like the kid can flat play

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Peyton Manning narrows options

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited, are considered his two likeliest landing spots, according to sources familiar with the situation.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Sounds like tebow is going to be the man

Northman
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Manning may not be, either. And if Peyton passes, Tebow will stay put for now, with the Broncos likely using a second- or third-round pick on a rookie quarterback and signing a veteran and hoping for the best.

This which was pretty much the plan anyway.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:54 AM
This which was pretty much the plan anyway.

Whether it's this year or next, the Broncos will look to move Tebow at some point. They simply don't want him here as the QB.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Sounds like tebow could get "manninged" I wonder if he will tebow him to retaliate? Only time will tell but, boy howdy, did anyone see bobby flays take? Guy made a tempura shrimp, looks like manning is taking the "tempura" in Arizona today. Forecast is hot dry heat until the end of time. Kid needs to keep cool if u ask me. Bobby flay might want to burn some butter for this kid

Northman
03-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Whether it's this year or next, the Broncos will look to move Tebow at some point. They simply don't want him here as the QB.

Probably. I think their suspicions are the same as mine that he wont improve even if he plays this year.

claymore
03-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Which is understandable if you evaluate him strictly as a QB. Once you throw in all the other stuff that has nothing to do with being a good QB does the waters get muddy.

Krugan
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Yep, good reason, 2nd time in not so long, the guy behind the center gets told he is getting a shot, only to be put off by a QB move...

I dont like BS, just me, dont flutter around, pick your spot and stick with it. Yanking a chain is fubar.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Bobby flay made some mushrooms and meats

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Probably. I think their suspicions are the same as mine that he wont improve even if he plays this year.

I dont see how he doesnt get better but thats my own suspicions at work.

Either way, Elway will always be defined as his role in the front office by this move.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:02 AM

He would be a terrible backup for Manning. If and when Manning went down, there is no way in hell he could run the same offense. So the team would have to change back to the kids meal playbook. And thats not fair to the other 10 offensive starters to know 2 playbooks because Tebow is incapable.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Sounds like ol bobby flay can smell what's cookin

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
He would be a terrible backup for Manning. If and when Manning went down, there is no way in hell he could run the same offense. So the team would have to change back to the kids meal playbook. And thats not fair to the other 10 offensive starters to know 2 playbooks because Tebow is incapable.

It would be terrible if we had to change offenses mid season. Only disaster could come of that.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Yep, good reason, 2nd time in not so long, the guy behind the center gets told he is getting a shot, only to be put off by a QB move...

I dont like BS, just me, dont flutter around, pick your spot and stick with it. Yanking a chain is fubar.

He was told he is the starter going into training camp. If he couldnt beat orton out in camp that means he probably wont do very well beating anyone else we bring in. Let alone Payton Manning.

Ya'll act like he was lied to or bamboozled. He has been told the truth by Elway the whole time. People didnt want to hear it, and read there own stuff into it, but Elway has been completley honest.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:06 AM
It would be terrible if we had to change offenses mid season. Only disaster could come of that.

We wont luck into 8-8 again with the run, run, run punt offense again.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:07 AM

While i agree that playing musical chairs with QB's is not very smart the main difference between the Plummer/Cutler change and the "supposed" Tebow/Manning change is that both HC's got to see what their current QB's can do. With McDaniels, he didnt even give Jay a chance to play for him before he decided to move on. Now whether or not Manning signs here i dont know but i wouldnt be surprised that if Tebow starts this year he is traded or let go next year.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Surely not. And Tebow can't beat the Steelers with his arm.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Either way, Elway will always be defined as his role in the front office by this move.

Of course, his legacy in his new position rides on all his decisions. But, him being a HOF QB and knowing QB's i have to say i side with him.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Well, might as well keep Quinn or resign Orton again to be the backup if we trade Tebow.

Nomad
I heard clay was seen driving a Uhaul truck to Denver heading to Tebow's house.:D

wayninja
He was told he is the starter going into training camp. If he couldnt beat orton out in camp that means he probably wont do very well beating anyone else we bring in. Let alone Payton Manning.

Ya'll act like he was lied to or bamboozled. He has been told the truth by Elway the whole time. People didnt want to hear it, and read there own stuff into it, but Elway has been completley honest.

"I know Tim is going to work hard this offseason, and we're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time."

That was about 2 weeks ago.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Of course, his legacy in his new position rides on all his decisions. But, him being a HOF QB and knowing QB's i have to say i side with him.

All emotions aside,

I trust they will do whats best for the team and I will be behind whatever they decide.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Well, we know he couldnt beat a very bad NE defense with his arm. Its all about consistency.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, we know he couldnt beat a very bad NE defense with his arm. Its all about consistency.

Gotcha, so since Brady is 0-2 against the Giants in the superbowl, he lacks consistency.

underrated29
03-11-2012, 11:13 AM

That's why I want shitty. McCoy fired

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Gotcha, so since Brady is 0-2 against the Giants in the superbowl, he lacks consistency.

Not even the same thing. But i guess you would have to be smart to understand my point. Thanks for playing.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
"I know Tim is going to work hard this offseason, and we're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time."

That was about 2 weeks ago.

"Is" and "hope" are two very different things.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:22 AM
That's why I want shitty. McCoy fired

I cant see how anyone can blame McCoy for this season. He was handed Orton, who sucks, and Tebow, who well sucks too. He did way better with what he had than any OC iv seen in a long time.

Ive never seen a playbook change like that for anyone. They should have started Quinn. If anyone has a right to be pissed about being lied to, its that guy.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
So when will the annoucement be made....today or tomorrow.....I believe Manning wants to decide before FA starts.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
ck4RPtehba0&feature=player_embedded#!

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:24 AM
So when will the annoucement be made....today or tomorrow.....I believe Manning wants to decide before FA starts.

I think Monday he will make the final decision.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Not even the same thing. But i guess you would have to be smart to understand my point. Thanks for playing.

U R dumb.

There, closed the loop on your debate style.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Every shitty QB has a good game. If Im wrong then the 30 yard per completion average will become the norm and not the fluke it is.

TT15Superman
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
...Elway has been completley honest.HA HA HA! Elway is a car salesman. Nothing more. Nothing less. Tim...next time, use Edmunds. HA HA HA! :D

Granted, I don't blame the Broncos. They don't have time to wait. Bowlen is old and sick. He wants to/needs to win now, not in 5 years.

claymore

Tues at the latest is all ive read. I can see it dragging out further though.

wayninja
"Is" and "hope" are two very different things.

Not really. Unless you think JE really believes he hopes Tebow will be the guy for a 'long, long time' or that you believe a few weeks is a 'long, long time'.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Every shitty QB has a good game. If Im wrong then the 30 yard per completion average will become the norm and not the fluke it is.

Does every shitty QB have a winning record? On a team that placed 2nd to last the previous season?

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
HA HA HA! Elway is a car salesman. Nothing more. Nothing less. Tim...next time, use Edmunds. HA HA HA! :D

Granted, I don't blame the Broncos. They don't have time to wait. Bowlen is old and sick. He wants to/needs to win now, not in 5 years.

Find a single lie from Elway regarding Tebow.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Does every shitty QB have a winning record? On a team that placed 2nd to last the previous season?

Even though he scored less points than the QB he replaced? No, luck like that has never happened.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:32 AM
U R dumb.

There, closed the loop on your debate style.

So says the troll that brings absolutely no discussion at all to the table and just makes snide remarks. :lol:

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Tues at the latest is all ive read. I can see it dragging out further though.

You think. I'm sure Manning is gonna want Wayne and the other Colts signed ASAP!

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Even though he scored less points than the QB he replaced? No, luck like that has never happened.

So, now that it HAS happened, the universe has expended it's quota and now surely it can't happen again. Good to see we've come full circle.

wayninja
So says the troll that brings absolutely no discussion at all to the table and just makes snide remarks. :lol:

Kinda like just saying someone isn't smart enough to get it without bringing anything else to the 'discussion'. Guess we are troll buddies.

claymore
Not really. Unless you think JE really believes he hopes Tebow will be the guy for a 'long, long time' or that you believe a few weeks is a 'long, long time'.

Hell yeah he wants him to be. So do I. Tebow just doesnt have the tools.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:36 AM
So, now that it HAS happened, the universe has expended it's quota and now surely it can't happen again. Good to see we've come full circle.

In the hypothetical situation where Tebow is a starting QB in the playoffs against a team that has major injuries, and shows him zero respect, then yes, it could happen again. Kyle Orton could rush for a 1000 yards too. But I think neither will happen.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Hell yeah he wants him to be. So do I. Tebow just doesnt have the tools.

Oh, I see. So this was just JE's way of saying that Tebow is NOT the guy. Quite the interpretation.

Krugan
Im not reading anything into anything.

Personally I dont care if its Tebow or not.

I just dont see Manning as a team fixer, quite the opposite really.

Northman
Kinda like just saying someone isn't smart enough to get it without bringing anything else to the 'discussion'. Guess we are troll buddies.

Nope. Ive been discussing shit just fine.

claymore
You think. I'm sure Manning is gonna want Wayne and the other Colts signed ASAP!

To be honest I think wayne is the only one throwing waynes name around. We will bring in whoever Manning wants, but Im sure he is more concerned with protection.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM

So in your opinion you think that Manning at QB is worse than Tebow?

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
In the hypothetical situation where Tebow is a starting QB in the playoffs against a team that has major injuries, and shows him zero respect, then yes, it could happen again. Kyle Orton could rush for a 1000 yards too. But I think neither will happen.

If it has happened, how is it hypothetical? That's like saying, in the hypothetical situation where Tebow plays starting quarterback, it could happen again.

Kyle has never rushed for anywhere near 1000 yards, so that's kinda a big difference.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:39 AM

I dont see him as a team fixer, I see him as the cheapest way out of Tebow. Tebow has been nothing but a pain in the ass for this team. He was the ultimate land mine left by McD.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Nope. Ive been discussing shit just fine.

So have I. I'm sorta loving your style of debate. Things are whatever you say they are!

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
If it has happened, how is it hypothetical? That's like saying, in the hypothetical situation where Tebow plays starting quarterback, it could happen again.

Kyle has never rushed for anywhere near 1000 yards, so that's kinda a big difference.

Winning the lottery once doesnt make you a show in to do it again.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I dont see him as a team fixer, I see him as the cheapest way out of Tebow. Tebow has been nothing but a pain in the ass for this team. He was the ultimate land mine left by McD.

Yeah, I agree. And it sounds like John is working on it already.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/11/report-manning-signing-could-send-tebow-to-jaguars

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Winning the lottery once doesnt make you a show in to do it again.

That analogy is beyond ridiculous. Tebow beating the Steelers was 1 in a million odds? Wow, Vegas sure blew that one.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/11/report-manning-signing-could-send-tebow-to-jaguars

From a Jaguar standpoint it makes sense. They have a hard time selling seats so with Tim being a Gator it would fill the seats up. Whether or not the Jags win any games is another story alltogether.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:45 AM

For all we know that could be one of Mannings stipulations. Can we trade players for picks right now?

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
From a Jaguar standpoint it makes sense. They have a hard time selling seats so with Tim being a Gator it would fill the seats up. Whether or not the Jags win any games is another story alltogether.

I read somewhere that a high draft pick equaited like 1.5 mil to an owner. My math isnt 100% on that, but giving up a 2nd to sell out for a year is a no brainer IMO.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
For all we know that could be one of Mannings stipulations. Can we trade players for picks right now?

I'm sure Manning wouldn't want to deal with the fans and Tebow. He wants to be the man and no distractions. Jags will get Tebow for cheap.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
That analogy is beyond ridiculous. Tebow beating the Steelers was 1 in a million odds? Wow, Vegas sure blew that one.

I dont know what the odds were. I imagine for him to average 30 yards per completion the odds would have been pretty close though.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm sure Manning wouldn't want to deal with the fans and Tebow. He wants to be the man and no distractions. Jags will get Tebow for cheap.
Probably get a later pick and a conditional one too.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I read somewhere that a high draft pick equaited like 1.5 mil to an owner. My math isnt 100% on that, but giving up a 2nd to sell out for a year is a no brainer IMO.

Yep.

Unfortuantely. If we go ahead on schedule with Tim at the helm this year and he bombs than it lowers his trade value going into next year. So for Denver, now is the right time to unload him if your going to do it. A team like Jax may still take him at that point but wont have to give up much to do it.

claymore
03-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Yep.

Unfortuantely. If we go ahead on schedule with Tim at the helm this year and he bombs than it lowers his trade value going into next year. So for Denver, now is the right time to unload him if your going to do it. A team like Jax may still take him at that point but wont have to give up much to do it.

IMO, there is only one suitor. And they aint suiting him for his QB'ing skillz... So I think we will be shocked at how low of a pick we get.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:51 AM
IMO, there is only one suitor. And they aint suiting him for his QB'ing skillz... So I think we will be shocked at how low of a pick we get.

Agreed. I think Jax would do exactly what would suit Tebow. Use Gabbert as your primary QB, bring Tebow in on packages around the goalline and short yardage.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2012, 11:52 AM

We had major injuries, too. Just saying. The Pittsburgh injury thing is overplayed and an excuse that Pittsburgh fans use to make themselves feel better. The loss of a handful of players is compensated for by their playoff experience and veteran squad who has played together for years with the same coaches and staff. It's not like we caught them without Wallace, Polamalu, Harrison, Woodley, and Big Ben.

wayninja
I dont know what the odds were. I imagine for him to average 30 yards per completion the odds would have been pretty close though.

What does 30 yards per completion have to do with anything. I thought we were talking about beating the Steelers? Who cares how many YPC he had doing it?

Krugan
Not what im saying in the least.

I was one of the first to find it a plus, and was talking about it months ago, but im not sold its going to fix the team as a whole.

Ill say it again, move on from tebow if needed, but moving into a younger QB would be better long term. Not to mention, with the signing of manning, it sounds like we might be bringing in his old teamies, and im not sold that will help fix much either.

For the first time in a long time we are in a postion to upgrade several slots with young quality players, and we will be forced to spend the cap anyway, might as well upgrade several spots now, get them together, and find a long term solution to QB, not a short term pretty name.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM

I was one of the first to find it a plus, and was talking about it months ago, but im not sold its going to fix the team as a whole.

Ill say it again, move on from tebow if needed, but moving into a younger QB would be better long term. Not to mention, with the signing of manning, it sounds like we might be bringing in his old teamies, and im not sold that will help fix much either.

For the first time in a long time we are in a postion to upgrade several slots with young quality players, and we will be forced to spend the cap anyway, might as well upgrade several spots now, get them together, and find a long term solution to QB, not a short term pretty name.

Exactly. Questioning this decision has nothing to do with Tebow and everything to do with the business as usual deck reshuffling Denver has been locked into for almost the last decade.

If you are going to shuffle the deck, at least do so with some sort of long term strategy. This strategy simply guarantees more of the same.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:58 AM

Well, and i think they are trying to do both Kru. I think they want a veteran guy like Manning to be not only a motivator but bring his skillset (which is worlds beyond Teebs) and then draft a young QB to learn under Manning during that time. Technically, Tebow could be that guy but i dont think he will improve myself but the other problem is the circus that comes with him. So even if Denver tried to sign Manning for all the right reasons you will have the fanboi's crying foul. To me, this isnt like the team tried to draft Luck or sign Flynn. They are trying to get a guy in here who can really teach Tebow something. Elway can do some but its not his job to do that since he has other responsibilities that require his attention more. Even with Manning we still have the draft picks so i wouldnt worry about all that. The way i look at is we still draft for the future but are able to have a chance at a title in the meantime. I think it would be a win/win for us.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
We had major injuries, too. Just saying. The Pittsburgh injury thing is overplayed and an excuse that Pittsburgh fans use to make themselves feel better. The loss of a handful of players is compensated for by their playoff experience and veteran squad who has played together for years with the same coaches and staff. It's not like we caught them without Wallace, Polamalu, Harrison, Woodley, and Big Ben.

What's the buzz in Jacksonville? Are people down there hoping this all works out?

TT15Superman
03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Find a single lie from Elway regarding Tebow.I don't need to. What John has said to the media is irrelevant. It's the reaction out of the Tebow camp that matters. If John told them a lie or was stringing them along, then the Tebow camp will act in kind (human nature) and would be furious. If John told them the truth of his feelings, then it is what it is, and the reaction will be tempered.

As I said, there is a reason that car salesman have a bad rep. Did I ever have a bad experience? Nope. But does that mean I have to in order to know the truth? Smarter people can read the writing on the wall.

claymore
03-11-2012, 12:01 PM

I agree for the most part. Im good with a few different scenarios. I just dont think Tebow is the answer, and the sooner we can move on from that the better off we will be. Whatever happens with Manning, we need a stud buffalo in the wings to take over when he is gone.

If we cant sign manning, sign, draft, rebuild, but bring in someone young that can push, or overtake Tebow.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Fans hear the words "neck fusion" and wonder why Peyton Manning is even considering playing again, fearful he'll risk a career-ending injury -- or worse -- the next time he takes a hit.

But safety isn't Manning's issue, several spine specialists said. Arm strength is.

Manning's surgically repaired neck will be able to take a hit just fine once the fusion is healed, with the bone actually stronger than others in his neck. Nerves are delicate, however, and only time will tell if they'll recover enough for the 35-year-old four-time NFL MVP to be the quarterback he once was.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277b4ef/article/doctors-say-peyton-mannings-injury-risk-is-very-low

claymore
03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't need to. What John has said to the media is irrelevant. It's the reaction out of the Tebow camp that matters. If John told them a lie or was stringing them along, then the Tebow camp will act in kind (human nature) and would be furious. If John told them the truth of his feelings, then it is what it is, and the reaction will be tempered.

As I said, there is a reason that car salesman have a bad rep. Did I ever have a bad experience? Nope. But does that mean I have to in order to know the truth? Smarter people can read the writing on the wall.

I dont think the Tebow camps feeling is relevant. Elway has been honest in public, I doubt he would be dishonest in private. He said the pc thing without ever commiting. He had to be pc because every time he told the harsh truth the backlash from the Tebow jihad was terrible.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Peyton could be qaudriplegic and still have a higher completion % than Tebow.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I dont think the Tebow camps feeling is relevant. Elway has been honest in public, I doubt he would be dishonest in private. He said the pc thing without ever commiting. He had to be pc because every time he told the harsh truth the backlash from the Tebow jihad was terrible.

I guess we will see how truthful he has been. If he trades Tebow, not very.

I have to use the 'Well, I had to lie, because you'd get mad at me if I told the truth' line on my wife some time.

claymore
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Peyton could be qaudriplegic and still have a higher completion % than Tebow.

Something we can agree on!

Krugan
03-11-2012, 12:09 PM
That was my early thought, Manning here to tutor and lead for a couple years.

Im just not sure its workable. Not looking at Tebow, but concerns of acutal health, and the large amount of holes this teams has.

This team isnt really ready to win a bowl, and there was alot of fluke to last year. At least thats how I see it.

Either way it goes, the writting seems clear, and thats fine. BUt build us a team for 6 to 10 years, please.

claymore
03-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I guess we will see how truthful he has been. If he trades Tebow, not very.

I have to use the 'Well, I had to lie, because you'd get mad at me if I told the truth' line on my wife some time.

I cant think of a single time Elway or Fox has committed to Tebow. If they did, BFD. They are obivously and rightfully unhappy with him as our starter.

Northman
03-11-2012, 12:14 PM
That was my early thought, Manning here to tutor and lead for a couple years.

Im just not sure its workable. Not looking at Tebow, but concerns of acutal health, and the large amount of holes this teams has.

Certainly a valid concern but i would assume that Denver would at least work him out too make sure he could perform.

This team isnt really ready to win a bowl, and there was alot of fluke to last year. At least thats how I see it.

While i agree on the "lot of fluke" last year (although you will have a lot of people telling you different on here) i do see a lot of players on this team getting better. And while we may not win a SB next year or after that maybe and perhaps by 2014 when Manning is about to hang it up we can get one before the young guy (who has been sitting for a couple of years) Takes over with a more vet team around him.

Either way it goes, the writting seems clear, and thats fine. BUt build us a team for 6 to 10 years, please.

Im sure thats the master plan, but once we stay stable at the FO and HC level we can do the 6-10 year plan. And i think that is what JE is trying to do here.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I cant think of a single time Elway or Fox has committed to Tebow. If they did, BFD. They are obivously and rightfully unhappy with him as our starter.

Elway said wins were more important than stats. So how are they 'rightfully' unhappy with him?

Northman
03-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Not only that but does anyone really expect a HC or front office to totally rip a player? I dont think so. I think JE has done and said all the right things that has been needed to be said at this time. Im sure like some of us they admire Tebow as a person and the fire in his belly so they would have no reason to beat the kid down publically. But at the same time they have to be honest about their view on his progress, etc so when he says "he's not sure if he is our QB" than i think he is being honest. When he says "We hope Tebow will a Bronco for a very long time" im sure he is talking about the other factors that Tebow brings, leadership, running ability, and versatility. They dont have to like him as a QB to appreciate his athleticism.

catfish
03-11-2012, 12:34 PM
quick question, if Denver lands Manning what determines next year if it is a success or a failure...#wins, playoffs, superbowl....Just trying to see where the bar is set

G_Money
03-11-2012, 12:34 PM
The problem is, Manning really IS that important to a team. We lost John AND TD from a SB contender and went 6-10. Just how bad was the coaching/talent level on Indy to fall THAT far just by missing him?

We have a better defense than Indy. We have a better running game than they do too. We don't have the pass-blocking line Manning would need, but we can get it. We don't have all the weapons I'd like him to have, but if anybody can take advantage of what Decker & DT can do, it's Manning.

Manning is the only guy IMO who can pull the Tebow train off the tracks before it runs its course. I'm a Tebow fan, but you have to accept certain things with him, just like you do with a Michael Vick. If you're not willing to accept those things that make him different and try to succeed that way, then you'd better figure out how to switch things up. But for an invested fanbase that's really hard, especially if he wins. For Vick, it required jail time for Atlanta to get away from him and his way of quarterbacking, which brought positives and negatives but was certainly different than most QBs.

For Tebow, it's a HOF QB who has maybe 3 years left in the tank, maybe none. I would absolutely explore it even being a Tebow fan, because we haven't yet dismantled the team to make it purely Tim-friendly.

And it would get McCoy's offense essentially replaced with whatever Mr. Manning would like to run, something that can only help McCoy improve.

Adding Manning is actually no safer than sticking with Tebow another year, but I get the appeal. And I would do exactly what the Broncos are doing: explore a HOF 3-year plan to continue the makeover of this team in a traditional manner and get a QB who can understudy the best instead of Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton.

If it doesn't work out, then Tim gets his year to show improvement. But at this point I'd say the odds are against Timmy as a long-term Bronco, and I say that with nothing but admiration for the kid. He's got to be able to throw a ball consistently or he's just a sideshow to bring attention, and he can do that in Jacksonville. Tim is a great leader and person...and a project at QB. He's always been that. If you don't want to see the project through but you don't want your season-ticketholders to burn you at the stake, you'd better have a sellable alternate planning, and Manning is that.

~G

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Not only that but does anyone really expect a HC or front office to totally rip a player? I dont think so. I think JE has done and said all the right things that has been needed to be said at this time. Im sure like some of us they admire Tebow as a person and the fire in his belly so they would have no reason to beat the kid down publically. But at the same time they have to be honest about their view on his progress, etc so when he says "he's not sure if he is our QB" than i think he is being honest. When he says "We hope Tebow will a Bronco for a very long time" im sure he is talking about the other factors that Tebow brings, leadership, running ability, and versatility. They dont have to like him as a QB to appreciate his athleticism.

"Honey, I hope I can be faithful to you for a long, long time." - Frank Sinatra

Northman
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
the problem is, manning really is that important to a team. We lost john and td from a sb contender and went 6-10. Just how bad was the coaching/talent level on indy to fall that far just by missing him?

We have a better defense than indy. We have a better running game than they do too. We don't have the pass-blocking line manning would need, but we can get it. We don't have all the weapons i'd like him to have, but if anybody can take advantage of what decker & dt can do, it's manning.

Manning is the only guy imo who can pull the tebow train off the tracks before it runs its course. I'm a tebow fan, but you have to accept certain things with him, just like you do with a michael vick. If you're not willing to accept those things that make him different and try to succeed that way, then you'd better figure out how to switch things up. But for an invested fanbase that's really hard, especially if he wins. For vick, it required jail time for atlanta to get away from him and his way of quarterbacking, which brought positives and negatives but was certainly different than most qbs.

For tebow, it's a hof qb who has maybe 3 years left in the tank, maybe none. I would absolutely explore it even being a tebow fan, because we haven't yet dismantled the team to make it purely tim-friendly.

And it would get mccoy's offense essentially replaced with whatever mr. Manning would like to run, something that can only help mccoy improve.

Adding manning is actually no safer than sticking with tebow another year, but i get the appeal. And i would do exactly what the broncos are doing: Explore a hof 3-year plan to continue the makeover of this team in a traditional manner and get a qb who can understudy the best instead of brady quinn and kyle orton.

If it doesn't work out, then tim gets his year to show improvement. But at this point i'd say the odds are against timmy as a long-term bronco, and i say that with nothing but admiration for the kid. He's got to be able to throw a ball consistently or he's just a sideshow to bring attention, and he can do that in jacksonville. Tim is a great leader and person...and a project at qb. He's always been that. If you don't want to see the project through but you don't want your season-ticketholders to burn you at the stake, you'd better have a sellable alternate planning, and manning is that.

~g

Exactly.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
quick question, if Denver lands Manning what determines next year if it is a success or a failure...#wins, playoffs, superbowl....Just trying to see where the bar is set

Depends on who you ask. Some folks will say success is measured in Miles from here to wherever Tebow is traded.

catfish
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Depends on who you ask. Some folks will say success is measured in Miles from here to wherever Tebow is traded.

I actually am legitimately curious about this, I am not going to share my thoughts on it. I just want to know what some of the others both excited about the prospect and not feel succes would be measured by

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I actually am legitimately curious about this, I am not going to share my thoughts on it. I just want to know what some of the others both excited about the prospect and not feel succes would be measured by

Well, for what it's worth, my position on this hasn't changed since I learned how the league works around age 7. Wins.

It's alien, disconcerting, and bizarre when someone sets a success bar that is not directly measured by wins.

claymore
03-11-2012, 12:45 PM
The problem is, Manning really IS that important to a team. We lost John AND TD from a SB contender and went 6-10. Just how bad was the coaching/talent level on Indy to fall THAT far just by missing him?

We have a better defense than Indy. We have a better running game than they do too. We don't have the pass-blocking line Manning would need, but we can get it. We don't have all the weapons I'd like him to have, but if anybody can take advantage of what Decker & DT can do, it's Manning.

Manning is the only guy IMO who can pull the Tebow train off the tracks before it runs its course. I'm a Tebow fan, but you have to accept certain things with him, just like you do with a Michael Vick. If you're not willing to accept those things that make him different and try to succeed that way, then you'd better figure out how to switch things up. But for an invested fanbase that's really hard, especially if he wins. For Vick, it required jail time for Atlanta to get away from him and his way of quarterbacking, which brought positives and negatives but was certainly different than most QBs.

For Tebow, it's a HOF QB who has maybe 3 years left in the tank, maybe none. I would absolutely explore it even being a Tebow fan, because we haven't yet dismantled the team to make it purely Tim-friendly.

And it would get McCoy's offense essentially replaced with whatever Mr. Manning would like to run, something that can only help McCoy improve.

Adding Manning is actually no safer than sticking with Tebow another year, but I get the appeal. And I would do exactly what the Broncos are doing: explore a HOF 3-year plan to continue the makeover of this team in a traditional manner and get a QB who can understudy the best instead of Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton.

If it doesn't work out, then Tim gets his year to show improvement. But at this point I'd say the odds are against Timmy as a long-term Bronco, and I say that with nothing but admiration for the kid. He's got to be able to throw a ball consistently or he's just a sideshow to bring attention, and he can do that in Jacksonville. Tim is a great leader and person...and a project at QB. He's always been that. If you don't want to see the project through but you don't want your season-ticketholders to burn you at the stake, you'd better have a sellable alternate planning, and Manning is that.

~G

Hell yeah.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 12:45 PM
If the BRONCOS wanted to trade Tebow today or tomorrow, could they do it according to NFL rules? If Peyton says, I'll sign only if Tebow is gone.

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM

That is the offense John Fox runs. I have posted his Super Bowl drives when he was in Carolina. He didn't throw the ball until right before half or 3rd Q IIRC.

I posted other games from his Carolina career. Guess what. It shows run, run, run, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, run, punt.

I created a thread where if Denver could get a Luck type QB would the fans trust Fox to groom him. Well now I wonder how Fox will do with Manning if he gets him. Manning will want to run the plays and call the game as he always has which is stylistically very different from Fox.

catfish
03-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Well, for what it's worth, my position on this hasn't changed since I learned how the league works around age 7. Wins.

It's alien, disconcerting, and bizarre when someone sets a success bar that is not directly measured by wins.

I agree winning cures everything, but I meant how many wins...8, 10 ? a playoff win 2? Just curious since Manning is going to cost aton how much of an upgrade is expected

Mike
03-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I am pretty surprised at how hard the Broncos are pushing for him. Equally surprised that he is considering coming here. More surprised how excited I am at the prospect.

I still say it doesn't happen though.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I am pretty surprised at how hard the Broncos are pushing for him. Equally surprised that he is considering coming here. More surprised how excited I am at the prospect.

Agreed! Too many positives aiming towards Miami.

Northman
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Agreed.

I didnt think Denver would even be in the running at all.

catfish
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM

I had heard report that Peyton was very turned off by the media coverage in Miami(papparazzi) also the owner is a well known jackass, which may also turn him off...last I heard he was leaning towards Denver. I will say, even as a huge Tebow supporter, if he comes to Denver that would be exciting and I will be praying he stays healthy.

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM

Report from source close to Manning said the gut feel was the choice would be Denver.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I had heard report that Peyton was very turned off by the media coverage in Miami(papparazzi) also the owner is a well known jackass, which may also turn him off...last I heard he was leaning towards Denver. I will say, even as a huge Tebow supporter, if he comes to Denver that would be exciting and I will be praying he stays healthy.

You are in Florida so you have the upper hand on news. Denver and Miami are similiar as far as the teams go, just not as much drama in Miami.....at least I haven't heard of it.

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
If you were Manning, why wouldn't you pick Denver? He has Elway a person he has admired for years. A guy who received tutelege under Shanahan another person Manning has a well known public affection for. Then there is the idea that Elway won SB's at 37 and 38 years old. Elway knows what worked as far as camps and TC schedules.

The only negative to Denver as far as I can see is the out door stadium. Outside of that any other issues i.e. no real pass catching TE can be solved.

Northman
03-11-2012, 01:34 PM
From what im hearing its between Arizona and Denver. Miami is pretty much an afterthought from what is being reported.

Northman
03-11-2012, 01:34 PM
If you were Manning, why wouldn't you pick Denver? He has Elway a person he has admired for years. A guy who received tutelege under Shanahan another person Manning has a well known public affection for. Then there is the idea that Elway won SB's at 37 and 38 years old. Elway knows what worked as far as camps and TC schedules.

The only negative to Denver as far as I can see is the out door stadium. Outside of that any other issues i.e. no real pass catching TE can be solved.

Oh shit, something i have agreed with you on as of late. lol

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh shit, something i have agreed with you on as of late. lol

:lol:

catfish
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
You are in Florida so you have the upper hand on news. Denver and Miami are similiar as far as the teams go, just not as much drama in Miami.....at least I haven't heard of it.

The media in Miami is insane though, the south beach celeb paparrazi are constant, it is supposed to be on reason that Peyton lost interest. When he came home after Indy and the rumors that Miami was interested came out the paparazzi swarmed all over him, even rented a helicopter and hovered over his house.

I think the FO and the coaching here is more his speed, Fox is reportedly a hell of a nice guy, so he and Peyton should get along. Peyton can be asssured that Elway knows the importance of the QB position so he will get what he needs there. It really is the best situation of the 3 options IMO.

edit: as to the Tebow circus, Manning knows winning cures all, there will be no circus if he wins, just as there wouldn't have been one had Orton won. Peyton isn't coming here thinking he is going to lose many games

Northman
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
The media in Miami is insane though, the south beach celeb paparrazi are constant, it is supposed to be on reason that Peyton lost interest. When he came home after Indy and the rumors that Miami was interested came out the paparazzi swarmed all over him, even rented a helicopter and hovered over his house.

I think the FO and the coaching here is more his speed, Fox is reportedly a hell of a nice guy, so he and Peyton should get along. Peyton can be asssured that Elway knows the importance of the QB position so he will get what he needs there. It really is the best situation of the 3 options IMO.

Yea, i dont see this as a case of Manning vs McDouche.

Mike
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
From what im hearing its between Arizona and Denver. Miami is pretty much an afterthought from what is being reported.

And AZ doesn't have the cap space we do.

CrazyHorse
In this case signing Manning would be bitter sweet. We'd be mortgaging our future to win now. If we can make it to 8-8 with Tebow we should make the playoffs with a healthy Manning.

catfish
Yea, i dont see this as a case of Manning vs McDouche.

I agree, I have stated that I worry about Peytons health, and if that makes me a fanboi so be it, but if he is healthy he could do some great things for Denver over the next 4 years

Nomad
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM

You could be right, but Fox and McCoy have to give up the reigns to Manning. It'll be an interesting week to say the least who manning picks and why.

catfish
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
In this case signing Manning would be bitter sweet. We'd be mortgaging our future to win now. If we can make it to 8-8 with Tebow we should make the playoffs with a healthy Manning.

If the FO thinks that Manning can take them to a superbowl you take that option every time. You don't sell out the long term for short term mediocrity, but if you think you can go to the superbowl you do what it takes

Northman
03-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Thats pretty much my thinking. Add some more pieces via draft and FA, have the defense at least play to the level they did last year and get in the endzone more with Manning i think we have a solid shot.

OrangeHoof
03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
This kind of reminds me of all the actors who have played Jesus in the movies over the years and suffered tragedy or death soon after. Running Tebow out of town might not be good for Peyton's health.

Npba900
03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
If the FO thinks that Manning can take them to a superbowl you take that option every time. You don't sell out the long term for short term mediocrity, but if you think you can go to the superbowl you do what it takes

If Tebow hangs around long enough Manning could actually take Tebow to the Super Bowl. And if Tebow's ego doesn't get in the way Tebow maybe starting at TE in the Super bowl in 2 to 3 years.

Npba900
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM
This kind of reminds me of all the actors who have played Jesus in the movies over the years and suffered tragedy or death soon after. Running Tebow out of town might not be good for Peyton's health.

Tebow's Holy Roller Persona may get him "Rolled Out of Town" as well. Unless divine intervention comes into play and Tebow makes a miraculous improvement in 2012........Tebow maybe rolling out of town anyway.

Npba900
03-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Thats pretty much my thinking. Add some more pieces via draft and FA, have the defense at least play to the level they did last year and get in the endzone more with Manning i think we have a solid shot.

Reggie Wayne did say he would gladly follow Tebow to the ends of the earth and sign where ever Manning signs. Wayne could teach DT and Decker a lot.

catfish
03-11-2012, 03:45 PM
If Tebow hangs around long enough Manning could actually take Tebow to the Super Bowl. And if Tebow's ego doesn't get in the way Tebow maybe starting at TE in the Super bowl in 2 to 3 years.

I would be willing to bet Tebow demands a trade before he plays TE, I just read the post following this one, makes it more clear you are blatently anti religous...nice job on the bigotry

Npba900
03-11-2012, 04:12 PM
I would be willing to bet Tebow demands a trade before he plays TE, I just read the post following this one, makes it more clear you are blatently anti religous...nice job on the bigotry

Oh well so much for religion when you wear it on your sleeve the way Tebow does. Tell me, what does Tebow do when he demands a trade to another team and a year later his new team strongly encourages Tim to switch to Tight End as well!!!!!

topscribe
03-11-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think so. The Broncos are counting on establishing a winning tradition with Manning.

Winning traditions have a way of perpetuating themselves under good management.

catfish
03-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh well so much for religion when you wear it on your sleeve the way Tebow does. Tell me, what does Tebow do when he demands a trade to another team and a year later his new team strongly encourages Tim to switch to Tight End as well!!!!!

right because a team is going to trade a draft pick for a player that they plan on moving to another position. its not like they could just go out and get a TE right. Have you ever seen Tebow block? How about catch?

As far as bigotry, intolerance is not acceptable no matter whether you are public or private. Hate is hate. The fact that you arent targeting a minority doesn't make it ok

Npba900
03-11-2012, 04:33 PM
right because a team is going to trade a draft pick for a player that they plan on moving to another position. its not like they could just go out and get a TE right. Have you ever seen Tebow block? How about catch?

As far as bigotry, intolerance is not acceptable no matter whether you are public or private. Hate is hate. The fact that you arent targeting a minority doesn't make it ok

You are getting a little ahead of yourself. I haven't seen any teams that are interested in trading for Tebow as it's long term solution at QB. Tebow is quite the athlete and a football player first who loves contact and is physically gifted. Tebow has even lifted weights like a tight end, line backer, and defensive line man. The first team that can convince Tebow he is closer to attaining Pro Bowl status as TE vs playing the QB position, will be getting a dam good TE.

About religion, know this, I believe in Freedom of Religion and Freedom From Religion.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Looks like bobby flay is making some lasagna

catfish
03-11-2012, 05:30 PM
You are getting a little ahead of yourself. I haven't seen any teams that are interested in trading for Tebow as it's long term solution at QB. Tebow is quite the athlete and a football player first who loves contact and is physically gifted. Tebow has even lifted weights like a tight end, line backer, and defensive line man. The first team that can convince Tebow he is closer to attaining Pro Bowl status as TE vs playing the QB position, will be getting a dam good TE.

About religion, know this, I believe in Freedom of Religion and Freedom From Religion.

my guess would be if they try to move him he walks, if that means he leaves the NFL I would guess that is what happens, he will still have all the pay form the Broncos and all his endorsement deals plus the money from his book. If I was him I would do a speaking tour and easily make what I was making in the NFL. Then run for politics.

Freedom of religion does not mean being mocked if you are public about your religion, freedom from religion does not mean you have the right to be the one doing the mocking. I can agree with wanting Tebow gone because of his performance. However I don't abide by intolerance in any form, I think people should be tolertaed regardless of race religion gender or sexual preference. The anti religous bullshit is sickening and I'm not even a christian