PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner believes Dolphins have "upper hand" in Mannings decision

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Peyton Manning visits Arizona Cardinals after meeting with Denver Broncos team president John Elway and coach John Fox:
The Manning Sweepstakes is expected to end Tuesday
By Kevin Armstrong / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
Updated: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 1:59 AM.

(Partial clip of article)

The Cardinals, who finished 7-2 after starting the season 1-6, offer warm weather and a surefire receiving threat in Larry Fitzgerald, but former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner believes the Miami Dolphins may be the leaders for Manning’s services.

“I think Miami still has the upper hand,” Warner, who was hosting a charity event at the Cardinals’ facility Saturday afternoon, told The Associated Press. “I don’t necessarily know why I think that. I just think since Day 1 they’ve made it known, ‘We want him to be our guy and we’ll do whatever we have to do to get him.’ I think if you’re a guy in that situation, at that stage of your career, that’s what you want to hear.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peyton-manning-visits-arizona-cardinals-a-day-meeting-dever-broncos-team-president-john-elway-coach-john-fox-article-1.1036951#ixzz1onWLQlBK

topscribe
03-11-2012, 04:19 AM
I guess Warner must have missed it when the Broncos said essentially the same thing . . .

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 04:23 AM
Broncos said that Miami has the upper hand?

It seems pretty obvious that Peyton is using Cards and Broncs
to get leverage for a sweet deal in Miami where he has a home.

Adam Schefter.. said in a radio interview yesterday..
and I paraphrase..
The team that interviews a guy last usually has the best chance at signing him.

WARHORSE
03-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Who knows whats in the mind of Peyton? Couple of things of note to me:

1. Peyton is traveling without his agent. Thats not the norm by far. What does it say? I think it says he wants to get a pulse of the environment he will possibly be deciding to play in. We wont actually know until he finds his final destination, but one things for certain.....he doesnt want to go to KC or Seattle cause he would have set up meetings already.

2. Why doesnt he have a meeting set up with Miami already? To this day it hasnt been set, and we have not heard a peep out of Brandon Marshall. Nothing out of a Miami exec. Does that mean they dont want him? Not necessarily. But how in the world are you gonna keep Brandon Marshall out of the media on that one? Larry Fitzgerald is talking....the media found him. Knowing Brandon, I would think he would be publically tooting his horn for Peyton to come to Miami. I think hes quiet because he already knows Matt Flynn is coming to town, and so does the Miami brass.

Seems to me that if Peyton is going to announce a decision on Monday or Tuesday......and today is sunday........hello? When are you going to meet with the Phins? Why is it, Monday or Tuesday? Cause he needs more time or he wants to give Miami a shot at a meeting which they havent said they want yet?

I think Peyton is going to be coming here to play.

Brandon Stokely obviously likes it here and is probably telling Manning this is the place to be.

I think Peyton Manning is going to play QB for the Denver Broncos. Who would have EVER thought we'd be thinking that?

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
I think manning is the "man" for Denver , that was play on words but I think his tangibles are sky high and maybe even some intangibles but I hope he likes snow because sheesh Louise it sure snows a lot in d-town. That might clamp his style.. Lol... But how about it folks, anyone see his plane? Sheesh Louise! This kid can flat fly, anyone see bobby flay getting in the mix? Or the mixer lol kid can flat cook

Dapper Dan
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
According to ESPN it's between Denver and Arizona. Kurt Warner seemed to be talking it up in Arizona, not mentioning Arizona, but mentioning how great it would be for Manning to go to Arizona.

So it's between a dome that stays 60 degrees with real grass, or a freezing cold outdoor stadium.

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:41 AM
AZ must have a lot of cap space.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 11:50 AM

According to Clayton during the week, AZ will be throwing alot of cash around between Kolb and Peyton and he wasn't sold they could do such a thing.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Who knows whats in the mind of Peyton? Couple of things of note to me:

2. Why doesnt he have a meeting set up with Miami already? To this day it hasnt been set, and we have not heard a peep out of Brandon Marshall. Nothing out of a Miami exec. Does that mean they dont want him? Not necessarily. But how in the world are you gonna keep Brandon Marshall out of the media on that one? Larry Fitzgerald is talking....the media found him. Knowing Brandon, I would think he would be publically tooting his horn for Peyton to come to Miami. I think hes quiet because he already knows Matt Flynn is coming to town, and so does the Miami brass.

Peyton actually lives in Miami. He could drive to their facilities on any given day. No, you probably won't hear about a scheduled trip it will just be a "Peyton is at Dolphins' HQ" sometime Monday or Tuesday after he leaves AZ. I think he prefers Miami due to location and is saving them for last. He's listening to what the Cards and Broncos have to say, but as long as Miami will match any offer made by Denver or AZ, (which I'm sure they will) he'll stay at home. As far as AZ is concerned, they protected themselves pretty well with Kolb's new contract and he can be cut if Manning is signed with relatively little cap impact (the majority of his big-money has already been paid or was incentive based). If Peyton signs with AZ, Kolb will be let go and will be another FA QB for someone to take a look at.

I honestly don't think Matt Flynn is anything other than the loser of the Manning sweepstakes' consolation prize. I think people are a little leery of Flynn after the way Kolb turned out. Nobody wants to pay a guy big money based on a couple of games played with a great offense around them. Flynn is an even bigger ? than Kolb was.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
This could be an issue that Manning isn't too reassured about.

http://arizonasports.com/40/1505562/Cardinals-hoping-to-bring-Levi-Brown-back

Nomad
03-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Peyton actually lives in Miami. He could drive to their facilities on any given day. No, you probably won't hear about a scheduled trip it will just be a "Peyton is at Dolphins' HQ" sometime Monday or Tuesday after he leaves AZ. I think he prefers Miami due to location and is saving them for last. He's listening to what the Cards and Broncos have to say, but as long as Miami will match any offer made by Denver or AZ, (which I'm sure they will) he'll stay at home. As far as AZ is concerned, they protected themselves pretty well with Kolb's new contract and he can be cut if Manning is signed with relatively little cap impact (the majority of his big-money has already been paid or was incentive based). If Peyton signs with AZ, Kolb will be let go and will be another FA QB for someone to take a look at.

I honestly don't think Matt Flynn is anything other than the loser of the Manning sweepstakes' consolation prize. I think people are a little leery of Flynn after the way Kolb turned out. Nobody wants to pay a guy big money based on a couple of games played with a great offense around them. Flynn is an even bigger ? than Kolb was.

In the end, I agree in Manning being a Dolphin. I believe the Dolphins will and can match anything the BRONCOS or Cardinals offer. It's been a fun discussion though with the 'what ifs' in the other thread.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Why wouldnt he sign with Miami? Good OL, good young defense, stud WR, close to home, no circus tents

Nomad
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Why wouldnt he sign with Miami? Good OL, good young defense, stud WR, close to home, no circus tents

This could possibly be the biggest determining factor.

capt. Jack
03-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Over on the Cards forum, they are wigging out over Manning! Check it out they are nuts! :-)

Nomad
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Over on the Cards forum, they are wigging out over Manning! Check it out they are nuts! :-)

Miami has billboards up.....beat that Denver and Phoenix!:lol:

http://manningtomiami.com/posts/blog2/18

wayninja
03-11-2012, 01:07 PM

They will not be Harbaugh'd again!

Northman
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM

I wonder if Matt Moore should be pissed..... lmao

capt. Jack
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
I saw that, I have been creepin' on the Dolphins, Cards, & Jags boards past couple days just to see what they are saying. :-) This is really unreal feeling?

topscribe
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM

According to reports I saw, this is a problem for AZ.

They have no CAP room and are going to have to become creative to come up with some . . .

weazel
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I would be pretty happy if he signed with the broncos but I just don't see it happening
Players rarely sign with the first team visited if they move on after

Npba900
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM

I think there are alot of circus tents in Miami. After all its "SOUTH BEACH"! I do agree if Manning went to Miami chances are great that Reggie Wayne will sign as well, then Manning would have both Wayne and Marshall to throw to. Not bad.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I would be pretty happy if he signed with the broncos but I just don't see it happening
Players rarely sign with the first team visited if they move on after

True! It ultimately comes down to what Archie thinks and feels is the best spot for Peyton.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't sleep on the fact that PM is a "small town" guy. New Orelans is a city, but not a huge metropolis. Then add Knoxville and Indy. He may not want a New York, LA, Miami style town. He may wanna be a big fish in a smaler pond.