PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Bunkley only UFA Denver trying to re-sign before Tuesday

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Twitter
twitter.com

BTW, the Broncos have 17 other FAs, not including tagged K Prater. DT Brodrick Bunkley only one Broncos trying to tie up before Tuesday.

If true, this means Denver is willing to let LB Wesley Woodyard, RB Eddie Royal, DT Marcus Thomas, and LB Mario Haggan test the market.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Sure he isnt Suh but I dont remember him being awful like the rest of the scrub DTs we have had in the last...oh lets see....10 or so years.

I would sign him long term just based on that alone.

Canmore
03-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Sure he isnt Suh but I dont remember him being awful like the rest of the scrub DTs we have had in the last...oh lets see....10 or so years.

I would sign him long term just based on that alone.

Mighty high praise! Still, I hope we re-sign Bunkley.

dogfish
03-11-2012, 02:34 AM
he's the best and most important of all our pending FAs. . .

still, i wish they'd sign fells and woodyard as well. . .

we'll be active either way, but we'll have to be very aggressive if we let all those guys walk. . . should be interesting either way. . .

MOtorboat
03-11-2012, 07:44 AM
While this doesn't surprise me, because the new regime didn't have much of a chance to clean house before last season, I'm still disappointed that Royal and Thomas will be let go.

As to Woodyard, meh. I don't think Fox and Del Rio are real high on undersized LBs that overrun plays.

Jsteve01
03-11-2012, 08:20 AM
While this doesn't surprise me, because the new regime didn't have much of a chance to clean house before last season, I'm still disappointed that Royal and Thomas will be let go.

As to Woodyard, meh. I don't think Fox and Del Rio are real high on undersized LBs that overrun plays. you're being pretty hard on the kid. And fox converted safeties to lb so I'm pretty sure he's not obsessed with huge backers

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Those kids can flat play

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:45 AM

As to Woodyard, meh. I don't think Fox and Del Rio are real high on undersized LBs that overrun plays.

Doesnt mean they will be let go. I think the Broncos want to see what the market is for those guys. If its too much then let them walk and if its a reasonable amount then the Broncos could always match their offer.

I think the plan is if Manning comes here then they are thinking ahead and would rather sign Reggie Wayne over Eddie Royal.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Someone said bobby flay made a meat pastry that was to dine for

igoe4broncos
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I think Royal would become a great weapon in the slot with Manning at the helm. Not so much with Tebow.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I think royal will get the "royal treatment" if you know what I mean, maybe bob flay will cook him some beef wellington

CrazyHorse
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I really don't like idea of losing Royal. He hasn't been used the way he should be. Full time PR/KR and part time slot receiver. I suppose if I was him though I would want to be a starter somewhere.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Woodyard might be more a priority now with DJ's dumbass move. Guess it depends on the appeal. But if we can land another MLB...I wouldnt mind seeing Irving in the WILL where he has a little more freedom. With him and Von on the outside, we'd have a ton of LB speed

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Wes is terrible. I truly don't understand the lovefest w/ this career special teamer.